PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan vs Admiral/Dream/Shaq In '96 Olympic Tune-Up

Thomas82
07-29-2017, 01:43 AM
I remember watching the exhibition game between the Dream Team and the USA Select team, where the Select team was up 17 before the Dream Team came back and beat them 96-90. The entire game is even on YouTube. Tim Duncan had 9 points and 6 rebounds in that game.

I also remember the scrimmage where TD had something like 22 points and 10 rebounds going against a frontline of David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Shaquille O'Neal. Did the Select Team win that scrimmage? Or better yet, was the score even being kept? I was trying to dig up some info on this particular scrimmage, but had no luck. If anybody could help me out, even if it's from your memory, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!

cutewizard
07-29-2017, 06:36 AM
May I have the you tube link good Sir?

cutewizard
07-29-2017, 06:37 AM
I remember watching the exhibition game between the Dream Team and the USA Select team, where the Select team was up 17 before the Dream Team came back and beat them 96-90. The entire game is even on YouTube. Tim Duncan had 9 points and 6 rebounds in that game.

I also remember the scrimmage where TD had something like 22 points and 10 rebounds going against a frontline of David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Shaquille O'Neal. Did the Select Team win that scrimmage? Or better yet, was the score even being kept? I was trying to dig up some info on this particular scrimmage, but had no luck. If anybody could help me out, even if it's from your memory, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!

------------------------------------------------------

Thomas82
07-29-2017, 10:44 AM

This is the link to the game that was on TV......the one where the college kids were up 17 before the pros came from behind to beat them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T15azF3uoM

phxspurfan
07-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Wow, TD looks just like his usual self even in 1996. Grabbing boards, getting to that jump hook. Too bad Parker sucked per usual :wakeup

TheGreatYacht
07-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Wow, TD looks just like his usual self even in 1996. Grabbing boards, getting to that jump hook. Too bad Parker sucked per usual :wakeup
Thought Parker was a guy's name. Your mom's parents must've hated her.

Thomas82
07-29-2017, 03:59 PM
I also remember David Robinson making a brief mention of that scrimmage last year when TD first retired.

Ice009
07-29-2017, 08:33 PM

Thanks!!

I guess I was remembering wrong. I thought TD had 22 and 10 in the actual game. So it was the scrimmage where TD had the bigger game? Either way, these games against these guys are the ones that told me TD was going to be great.

Thomas82
07-29-2017, 09:41 PM
I guess I was remembering wrong. I thought TD had 22 and 10 in the actual game. So it was the scrimmage where TD had the bigger game? Either way, these games against these guys are the ones that told me TD was going to be great.

Tulsa guard Shea Seals led the USA Select team in scoring with 20 points in the actual game. The only other scorer in double figures for the college kids was Austin Croshere with 10.

Here is a box score from the game:

https://www.infoplease.com/sports/1995-1996-season/dream-team-96-usa-select-90

cutewizard
07-30-2017, 07:46 PM
This is the link to the game that was on TV......the one where the college kids were up 17 before the pros came from behind to beat them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T15azF3uoM

Thank you Sir.