PDA

View Full Version : OT: ..I wonder what sport Ramona Shelburne used to play?

Gummi Clutch
07-31-2017, 09:54 PM
The one house sized female reporter...need I say more :lmao

http://www.scjewishsportshof.com/images/shelburne-ramona.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jj8Vp6L56EY/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/e7-cw90AKSY/maxresdefault.jpg

http://a3.espncdn.com/media/motion/2016/1003/dm_161003_nba_ramona_shelburne/dm_161003_nba_ramona_shelburne.jpg

midnightpulp
07-31-2017, 10:56 PM
Looks like she played softball, which according to a comprehensive study, is harder than soccer. So I guess that means Ramona Shelburne is a better athlete than any soccer player.

http://i.imgur.com/b6VUv0j.png

apalisoc_9
08-01-2017, 12:14 AM
:lmao

apalisoc_9
08-01-2017, 12:14 AM
"Comprehrnsive" study :lmao

Ramona Shrlbourne :lmao

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 12:16 AM

Baseball: 9

Doublehandjobball: 10

I didn't make up the science, bro. Just learn to accept your kickball game was scientifically proven to be easier than baseball.

Facts are facts.

08-01-2017, 06:39 AM

Clipper Nation
08-01-2017, 09:06 AM
:lol Even Ramona Shelbourne is a more impressive athlete than any povertyball actress. Time for the poorball krew to take the L, charge it to the game and move on.

Chris
08-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Looks like she played softball, which according to a comprehensive study, is harder than soccer. So I guess that means Ramona Shelburne is a better athlete than any soccer player.

:tu :lol

DMC
08-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Baseball: 9

Doublehandjobball: 10

I didn't make up the science, bro. Just learn to accept your kickball game was scientifically proven to be easier than baseball.

Facts are facts.

And this is at the pro level. It's also true at the entry level which is why 4 year olds play soccer, not baseball. They have to put the ball on a Tee to hit it otherwise.

unleashbaynes
08-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Why do doubehandjobball fans make so many threads about a sport that they claim to hate? It makes no damn sense.

DAF86
08-01-2017, 05:00 PM

The fuck is this shit? :lmao

This has to be the most random, bullshit "study" I have ever seen. How the fuck do you come up with those numbers?

So playing American football is harder than most sports no matter if you are a offensive lineman, a quarterback or a punter? Ok. :lol

DAF86
08-01-2017, 05:11 PM
Also lol at Tennis and soccer being almost equal in terms of endurance. I have played both organized tennis and soccer in my teenage years and the level of endurance needed is nowhere equal. I would finish everysingle soccer match with the last ounce of energy I had and during tennis matches I would barely break a sweat. In fact it was common to play two or three tennis matches on a day, while you couldn't even think about playing more than one or two soccer matches per week.

spurraider21
08-01-2017, 05:23 PM

well i guess this chart puts the "baseball players are faster and more agile than soccer player" argument to rest, if you plan to cite this religiously

and :lol at years and hundreds of pages arguing between sports ranked #9 and #10 respectively, lower than gymnastics and tennis

UNT Eagles 2016
08-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Ramona Shelburne is married. To a pretty good looking, tall dark and handsome, skinny/fit guy. So don't talk shit about her.

Leetonidas
08-01-2017, 06:16 PM
How is rugby so low tbh? Isn't it football without pads

DAF86
08-01-2017, 06:22 PM
How is rugby so low tbh? Isn't it football without pads

No, it's actually way more demanding. Rugby is probably the most demanding sport I know. It's 80 minutes non-stop of running, sprinting, jumping, kicking, hitting, falling, raising, pushing and pretty much every physical demand you can think of.

The only reason is that low on that chart is because that chart is some bullshit clearly made by a Stater that never played most of the sports on that list, tbh.

apalisoc_9
08-01-2017, 06:33 PM
No, it's actually way more demanding. Rugby is probably the most demanding sport I know. It's 80 minutes non-stop of running, sprinting, jumping, kicking, hitting, falling, raising, pushing and pretty much every physical demand you can think of.

The only reason is that low on that chart is because that chart is some bullshit clearly made by a Stater that never played most of the sports on that list, tbh.

Dumbericans.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2017, 06:38 PM
How many goals would a prime Ramona score in the World Cup? I'd say five per game as a conservative estimate.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 06:39 PM

This has to be the most random, bullshit "study" I have ever seen. How the fuck do you come up with those numbers?

So playing American football is harder than most sports no matter if you are a offensive lineman, a quarterback or a punter? Ok. :lol

Easy. You average out among positions.

Example (I'm rating via my own experience).

Pitcher: 7end, 8str, 5pwr, 4spd, 2agi, 6flx, 9ner, 8dur, 10han, 8ana

Centerfielder: 4end, 7str, 7pwer, 9spd, 8agi, 8flx, 5ner, 6dur, 9han, 6ana

Average: 5.5, 7.5, 6, 6.5, 5, 7, 7, 7, 9, 7.

There's some slight bullshit here. Baseball shouldn't have been combined with softball, an easier version of baseball. So no doubt softball brought down baseball's overall average.

DAF86
08-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Easy. You average out among positions.

Example (I'm rating via my own experience).

Pitcher: 7end, 8str, 5pwr, 4spd, 2agi, 6flx, 9ner, 8dur, 10han, 8ana

Centerfielder: 4end, 7str, 7pwer, 9spd, 8agi, 8flx, 5ner, 6dur, 9han, 6ana

Average: 5.5, 7.5, 6, 6.5, 5, 7, 7, 7, 9, 7.

There's some slight bullshit here. Baseball shouldn't have been combined with softball, an easier version of baseball. So no doubt softball brought down baseball's overall average.

And how do you come up with those numbers?

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 06:45 PM

Proof?

I still don't know why the only thing you foreigners focus on is :cry stamina :cry

Rugby doesn't challenge sprint speed, vertical leap, throwing (no forward pass in rugby obviously), strength (no rugby player would be strong enough to play the lineman position), durability (look at the injury rates of both sports), hand-eye coordination, and analytic aptitude. The only athletic and skill traits rugby challenges more overall is kicking and endurance.

apalisoc_9
08-01-2017, 06:47 PM

Obesemuricans eat a lot so they shit a lot too including mid's behind the ass numbers

08-01-2017, 06:56 PM

Sounds just like mids cup of tea, tbh :lol

DAF86
08-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Proof?

I still don't know why the only thing you foreigners focus on is :cry stamina :cry

Rugby doesn't challenge sprint speed, vertical leap, throwing (no forward pass in rugby obviously), strength (no rugby player would be strong enough to play the lineman position), durability (look at the injury rates of both sports), hand-eye coordination, and analytic aptitude. The only athletic and skill traits rugby challenges more overall is kicking and endurance.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Dude, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Rugby players sprint more than any other team sport players outside of NFL receivers. No, you can't pass the ball forward but you can kick it forward and on thode plays is a one on one race between two players to get faster to the ball. Also when a player manages to break lose you have to run for your life or else you are getting decapitated from behind.

Then you have things like the Scrum, 16 guys of over 150 kilos pushing and fighting each other for position.

You also have those high bombs that are constantly prompting aerial challenges.

And finally, you are constantly getting hit and tackeld on a sport which has no breaks. Do you realize how hard is to keep going and going non-stop, falling and raising every 2 minutes without the chance of getting a break? No other sportman is prepered for that kind of pounding.

I would love to see you trying to play organized Rugby someday, shit would be hilarious, tbh. :lol

Silver&Black
08-01-2017, 06:58 PM
WHO CARES WHAT THE NUMBERS SAY!?!?!?!

One sport allows double handjobs in the shower. One doesn't.

It's over. Give up.

08-01-2017, 07:01 PM

Rugby players sprint more than any other team sport players outside of NFL receivers. No, you can't pass the ball forward but you can kick it forward and on thode plays is a one on one race between two players to get faster to the ball. Also when a player manages to break lose you have to run for your life or else you are getting decapitated from behind.

Then you have things like the Scrum, 16 guys of over 150 kilos pushing and fighting each other for position.

And finally, you are constantly getting hit and tackeld on a sport which has no breaks. Do you realize how hard is to keep going and going non-stop, falling and raising every 2 minutes without the chance of getting a break? No other sportman is prepered for tjat kind of pounding.

I would love to see you trying to play organized Rugby someday, shit would be hilarious, tbh. :lol
Rugby might be the anti-lardball tbh

DAF86
08-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Rugby might be the anti-lardball tbh

I tried to play Rugby once. Never committed that mistake again.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 07:09 PM

The study involved sports scientists, who likely correlated the demands of the sport to the level of athleticism and skills required for the sport/position.

For example: 100m dash is built around max sprint speed, so under the speed category, it would get a 10. The event is all pure sprint speed and nothing else. Fastest man wins. Agility, handeye coordination, etc plays zero part in the outcome.

The centerfielder position in baseball is built around max sprint speed, in the field and at bat (center fielders are expected to be tough outs since they can beat out throws), but baseball obviously isn't built around sprinting and nothing else, since there's actions in baseball that don't always require sprinting. This is where a bit of subjectivity comes in, but I think it's reasonable to rate speed here an 8.

Let's check out soccer: It's not a pure sprinting game, but sprint speed is obviously important. I think it's reasonable to rate forwards (4-3-3) 8 sprinters, midfielders 7 sprinters, defensemen 8 sprinters, and goalies 5 sprinters (i.e. sprinting out to challenge a shot or corral a loose ball) 28/4= a 7 overall rating in the sprint speed category.

DAF86
08-01-2017, 07:11 PM
The study involved sports scientists, who likely correlated the demands of the sport to the level of athleticism and skills required for the sport/position.

For example: 100m dash is built around max sprint speed, so under the speed category, it would get a 10. The event is all pure sprint speed and nothing else. Fastest man wins. Agility, handeye coordination, etc plays zero part in the outcome.

The centerfielder position in baseball is built around max sprint speed, in the field and at bat (center fielders are expected to be tough outs since they can beat out throws), but baseball obviously isn't built around sprinting and nothing else, since there's actions in baseball that don't always require sprinting. This is where a bit of subjectivity comes in, but I think it's reasonable to rate speed here an 8.

Let's check out soccer: It's not a pure sprinting game, but sprint speed is obviously important. I think it's reasonable to rate forwards (4-3-3) 8 sprinters, midfielders 7 sprinters, defensemen 8 sprinters, and goalies 5 sprinters (i.e. sprinting out to challenge a shot or corral a loose ball) 28/4= a 7 overall rating in the sprint speed category.

So like I suppossed, a lot of subjective bullshit.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 07:26 PM

You also have those high bombs that are constantly prompting aerial challenges.

And finally, you are constantly getting hit and tackeld on a sport which has no breaks. Do you realize how hard is to keep going and going non-stop, falling and raising every 2 minutes without the chance of getting a break? No other sportman is prepered for that kind of pounding.

The fastest ball sport athletes in the world play American football. This isn't up for debate. No ball sport challenges MAX sprint speed like football. Agility. There is no rugby position that demands agility like the RB position. Strength? Find me a rugby player who is 375lb and can bench 600lb, and ALSO has a 40 yard dash time of ~5 seconds. Durability? Where's the huge CTE controversy in rugby?

I already conceded rugby challenges kicking far more than football.

and :lol and rugby having 16 men over 150kg (330lb) "pushing and fighting" each other. You're the one talking out of his ass. (fun fact: that would also make rugby far and away the fattest sport in the world, so I guess rugby now gets the fatball name).

Look at those 330 pounders:

http://www.espnscrum.com/PICTURES/CMS/33300/33349.3.jpg

Rugby players are comparatively small to football players (and comparatively slow).

"No breaks! Stamina is all the matters!"

Gives a shit. Running ten miles takes 1000 times more stamina and is much more exhausting than golf. Golf is still massively more difficult and challenging. Basketball takes a lot more stamina, agility, and athleticism than chess, but chess's learning curve is far, far higher. I know I'm comparing a sport to a game, but it should demonstrate your fallacy of fetishizing muh stamina over other athletic and skill traits.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 07:27 PM
So like I suppossed, a lot of subjective bullshit.

Subjective arguments can have reasonable logic and facts supporting them. It's why I hit your lot with "graphs" and "walls of text" because the majority of your arguments are shallow and consist of, "They run around a lot!!!"

RD2191
08-01-2017, 07:31 PM

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 07:31 PM
well i guess this chart puts the "baseball players are faster and more agile than soccer player" argument to rest, if you plan to cite this religiously

and :lol at years and hundreds of pages arguing between sports ranked #9 and #10 respectively, lower than gymnastics and tennis

You're philoling again.

The study folded in softball in baseball's overall scores. I also never claimed baseball players are more agile. Faster in a straight line, yes, as proven by on field sprint speed metrics.

Mitch
08-01-2017, 07:38 PM
:lol of course the Argie would defend Rugby since it's comparable to bukake ball. There's no comparison between the physical prowess of football players (real football, not soccer) to rugby. Players wear all that padding and still get far more injuries regularly, rugby is pillow fighting in comparison.

DAF86
08-01-2017, 07:52 PM
The fastest ball sport athletes in the world play American football. This isn't up for debate. No ball sport challenges MAX sprint speed like football. Agility. There is no rugby position that demands agility like the RB position. Strength? Find me a rugby player who is 375lb and can bench 600lb, and ALSO has a 40 yard dash time of ~5 seconds. Durability? Where's the huge CTE controversy in rugby?

I already conceded rugby challenges kicking far more than football.

and :lol and rugby having 16 men over 150kg (330lb) "pushing and fighting" each other. You're the one talking out of his ass. (fun fact: that would also make rugby far and away the fattest sport in the world, so I guess rugby now gets the fatball name).

Look at those 330 pounders:

http://www.espnscrum.com/PICTURES/CMS/33300/33349.3.jpg

Rugby players are comparatively small to football players (and comparatively slow).

"No breaks! Stamina is all the matters!"

Gives a shit. Running ten miles takes 1000 times more stamina and is much more exhausting than golf. Golf is still massively more difficult and challenging. Basketball takes a lot more stamina, agility, and athleticism than chess, but chess's learning curve is far, far higher. I know I'm comparing a sport to a game, but it should demonstrate your fallacy of fetishizing muh stamina over other athletic and skill traits.

I don't give a fuck if a WR runs faster than the faster rugby player, or any of that other shit you said. I'm not saying that Rugby players are the faster, nor stronger, nor quickest, nor anything of that matter. I'm just saying that every rugby player has to put all those athletic traits to the test on a Rugby match. Everybody has to run non-stop for 80 minutes, everybody has to sprint at some point, everybody has to tackle, everybody has to take hits, everybody has to jump, everybody has to endure 300 pounds guys falling in top of you, etc.

The combination of all those things, for all the players, in a non-stop Rugby match is what makes Rugby the most demanding sport I can think of. And no, NFL players that get like 1 or 2 minutes of actual game time don't even come close to be in the discussion.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 07:56 PM
:lol of course the Argie would defend Rugby since it's comparable to bukake ball. There's no comparison between the physical prowess of football players (real football, not soccer) to rugby. Players wear all that padding and still get far more injuries regularly, rugby is pillow fighting in comparison.

Some more evidence:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/02/07/jarryd-hayne-super-bowl_n_9183702.html

Now the ever perceptive DAF will say Rugby League and Union are WAY different, but this is what a two sport star in League and Union said:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rugby-league-tougher-than-rugby-union-claims-dual-international-sonny-bill-williams/news-story/07d2ced386d18f20d2221592ebd8a152

An NFL player once flew over to Australia after the Super Bowl, and with ZERO experience in League, scored on his first try in the highest pro league.

Following his Super Bowl appearance, Moore was recruited by Australian New South Wales Rugby Football League premiership team the Newtown Jets for the 1977 NSWRFL season, with the move being financed by John Singleton.[2] He made his first grade debut just 98 days after the Super Bowl, playing on the wing against the Western Suburbs Magpies before 5,743 spectators at Henson Park. He impressed on debut, scoring the club's first try of the season.

Hayne fumbled on his first play in the NFL :lol

I think this is why foreigners constantly trumpet "s-s-stamina" since they have no other argument when comparing the complete sports to each other.

Mitch
08-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Some more evidence:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/02/07/jarryd-hayne-super-bowl_n_9183702.html

Now the ever perceptive DAF will say Rugby League and Union are WAY different, but this is what a two sport star in League and Union said:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rugby-league-tougher-than-rugby-union-claims-dual-international-sonny-bill-williams/news-story/07d2ced386d18f20d2221592ebd8a152

An NFL player once flew over to Australia after the Super Bowl, and with ZERO experience in League, scored on his first try in the highest pro league.

I think this is why foreigners constantly trumpet "s-s-stamina" since they have no other argument when comparing the complete sports to each other.

Stamina of Bukake ball players and Rugby players is pretty impressive, but they don't run the whole match, most of it is just a jog. Still, I'd give boxers and hockey players the edge in Stamina, skating is pretty good cardio.

DAF86
08-01-2017, 08:09 PM

Here's what a Stater, that played both sports, has to say about Rugby and American football:

I can only speak to rugby and American football, as I played rugby for four years at a top-tier program at an American college, and American football for four years at a top-tier high school in Illinois. From that experience I find rugby more physically demanding on a game to game basis, and everyone I know who has played both would agree.

Here's the link to the rest of what he said if you are interested

https://www.quora.com/Which-sport-is-most-physically-tough-and-demanding-American-football-Australian-rules-football-or-rugby

Mitch
08-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Here's what a Stater, that played both sports, has to say about Rugby and American football:

https://www.quora.com/Which-sport-is-most-physically-tough-and-demanding-American-football-Australian-rules-football-or-rugby

So a guy talking about college rugby vs high school football? :lmao

Dude probably just sucked at football and is biased, couldn't make a college team tbh

DAF86
08-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Some more evidence:

Get back at me when former NFL players get to make it to professional Rugby like former Rugby players have made it to the NFL, tbh. :lol

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 08:17 PM
I don't give a fuck if a WR runs faster than the faster rugby player, or any of that other shit you said. I'm not saying that Rugby players are the faster, nor stronger, nor quickest, nor anything of that matter. I'm just saying that every rugby player has to put all those athletic traits to the test on a Rugby match. Everybody has to run non-stop for 80 minutes, everybody has to sprint at some point, everybody has to tackle, everybody has to take hits, everybody has to jump, everybody has to endure 300 pounds guys falling in top of you, etc.

The combination of all those things, for all the players, in a non-stop Rugby match is what makes Rugby the most demanding sport I can think of. And no, NFL players that get like 1 or 2 minutes of actual game time don't even come close to be in the discussion.

Learn how weighting works.

What's harder? Becoming Usain Bolt (one dimensional athlete who is the best all time at one particular thing) or becoming Ashton Eaton (best all time at events that challenge overall athleticism).

It also depends on HOW those skills are challenged. Here's an analogy. Obstacle course A: You have to jump over a 10" barrer, throw a ball 10 feet, sprint for 10 feet, lift a 5 pound par. Obstacle course B: Lift a 300 lb bar. A "challenges" more skills, but B is obviously much more challenging. You might say athlete A is more "well rounded" than athlete B because he competes on an obstacle course than challenges more skills.

That's what I see with rugby. Jumping for aerials doesn't challenge leaping ability like jumping for passes (which achieve MUCH higher altitudes). Dodging defenses in rugby doesn't challenge agility like dodging defenses in football. Rugby players are comparatively small and despite your claims, there isn't many 300 pounders in the sport. Lineplay is thus more challenging compared to scrumming.

This results in mastering specific skills being more challenging in football than getting good at a range of skills that are required to play rugby. I.e., it's harder to put on 350lb of weight, maintain a 5.0 forty yard dash time, have strength that can handle 500lb bench presses and 600lb dead lifts, have a good enough vertical to challenges passes in order to be a good NFL nose tackle than it is be an all around rugby player.

As an aside, this is why I back baseball as the hardest of the major US sports. The single skill of being able to make contact with a 2.5" diameter object traveling at high velocity with another object that has a 2.5" diameter is harder BY ITSELF than developing (in total) a good jumper, off hand, ball handling, and footwork necessary to becoming a good basketball player.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 08:18 PM

Quora links :lmao

Did you read what Jerryd Hayne and Sonny Bill Williams (actual professionals and legends) had to say?

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Get back at me when former NFL players get to make it to professional Rugby like former Rugby players have made it to the NFL, tbh. :lol

Um,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfred_Moore

"League"

"League is harder than Union."

- Union Legend Sonny Bill Williams

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Disclaimer. I don't dislike rugby. A far better sport with much better athletes than kickball. I just don't like the silly "stamina=harder" logic. You foreigners need to pick a different lane. At least DAF is trying by saying Rugby challenges a greater variety of skills per player than football, and I tend to agree. But I think developing, say, the elite sprint speed and vertical necessary to become an elite receiver is harder by itself than developing the range of skills needed to becoming an elite Union player.

And there's no position in Union like the QB, which is probably the hardest position to play in ALL of sports, despite it not challenging :cry stamina :cry

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Stamina of Bukake ball players and Rugby players is pretty impressive, but they don't run the whole match, most of it is just a jog. Still, I'd give boxers and hockey players the edge in Stamina, skating is pretty good cardio.

Mitch, what's your theory on why foreigners love "stamina" so much?

Mine is that the "athletes" who tend to have great stamina (like endurance runners) are typically short with bodies of little muscle mass. Foreigners are typically short, small, and have little muscle mass, so they can more identify with athletes who look like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/2d/98/a72d98bf330bd8cb57ac59fd388a623c--neymar-jr-football-players.jpg

than this

https://www.piop.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/jj-watt-muscle-supplements.jpg

DAF86
08-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Stamina is the most important athletic trait because is the only trait that plays a part on all the others. If your stamina sucks, you won't run as fast as you can, you won't jump as high and you won't punch as hard or bench as much weight as you normally do. Heck, you won't even think as well as you usually do when you are tired.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Stamina is the most important athletic trait because is the only trait that plays a part on all the others. If your stamina sucks, you won't run as fast as you can, you won't jump as high and you won't punch as hard or bench as much weight as you normally do. Heck, you won't even think as well as you usually do when you are tired.

Handeye-coordination>>>>>>>stamina

If you don't have handeye coordination, it doesn't matter how great your stamina is. You won't even be able to: throw an accurate punch, throw (or kick) an accurate pass, dribble a ball (either in soccer or basketball), catch a ball, hit a ball. Stamina isn't going to help someone who can't even dribble a basketball.

DAF86
08-01-2017, 08:51 PM

If you don't have handeye coordination, it doesn't matter how great your stamina is. You won't even be able to: throw an accurate punch, throw (or kick) an accurate pass, dribble a ball (either in soccer or basketball), catch a ball, hit a ball. Stamina isn't going to help someone who can't even dribble a basketball.

Well, every professional sportman has elite hand/foot-eye coordination for the sport they play. So it's irrelevant to talk about that, tbh.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Handeye coordination>>>all is easily proven too.

What's the first thing you do when learning the game of basketball?

How to dribble (a handeye coordination trait).

Then you learn how to shoot.

You only start building up the athletic traits AFTER you learn the core skills. If you have someone with amazing stamina but he has Parkinson's disease, I can literally score once and then go sit down watching him constantly dribble the ball away. He'll never score a basket, despite being able to run for hours on end.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Well, every professional sportman has elite hand/foot-eye coordination for the sport they play. So it's irrelevant to talk about that, tbh.

No it isn't :lol

And you're committing a non-sequitur fallacy. "Well, handeye coordination doesn't count because they already have it!" What kind of stupid rebuttal is that?

And guess who wins out between the player with better handeye coordination vs. a player with great stamina but an average skillset (skill sets are obviously based on how good your handeye coordination is). I would guarantee Messi doesn't have the best stamina in soccer. (just by virtue of how many soccer pros exist) Why is he the best? Best hand/footeye coordination BY FAR in the sport.

I would also say size and strength>stamina.

Shaq's stamina was garbage, didn't stop him from having the highest peak in NBA history.

DMC
08-01-2017, 09:06 PM

Hey look, Manu pulled his dick out, run and suck it! Wait, nm..he was pissing, he's done. Come back over here.

apalisoc_9
08-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Wait..

So dumbaericans are actually arguing now Commercial ball is.mpre demanding than Rugby?

unleashbaynes
08-01-2017, 09:08 PM

:lol son, that is the weakest thing that i have ever heard.

"Well....lets just assume that everyone has elite tiger woods/jack nicklaus/messi/pete rose/tom brady/randy moss/emmitt smith/barry bonds hand/eye coordination! Then clearly stamina is the most important thing!"

DMC
08-01-2017, 09:08 PM
Wait..

So dumbaericans are actually arguing now Commercial ball is.mpre demanding than Rugby?

Do you type your your bulbous forehead or what? Slow down, corky. Life goes on.

DMC
08-01-2017, 09:11 PM

"Well....lets just assume that everyone has elite tiger woods/jack nicklaus/messi/pete rose/tom brady/randy moss/emmitt smith/barry bonds hand/eye coordination! Then clearly stamina is the most important thing!"

"but...but... how long can fatball players stand on their toes? " apailofshit_9

http://cf.ltkcdn.net/dance/images/std/53920-299x401-Primaballerina.jpg

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 09:21 PM

:lol

One DAFs weaker comebacks.

"They have it, so um, it doesn't count!"

Mitch
08-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Mitch, what's your theory on why foreigners love "stamina" so much?

Mine is that the "athletes" who tend to have great stamina (like endurance runners) are typically short with bodies of little muscle mass. Foreigners are typically short, small, and have little muscle mass, so they can more identify with athletes who look like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/2d/98/a72d98bf330bd8cb57ac59fd388a623c--neymar-jr-football-players.jpg

than this

https://www.piop.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/jj-watt-muscle-supplements.jpg

I'm not sure about stamina specifically, but I do know only a few countries appreciate the muscular physique. Gym culture is huge in USA, to a lesser extent the UK, Canada, Australia and Iceland.

If you have a big body in the US , benching 4 plates for reps, veins shooting out of everywhere - lots of women will be staring, guys will be aspiring to be like you.

You'll be seen as a freak or circus show in Germany, Argentina, Korea, etc because their ideal male body is strictly the lean muscular look, most men there who work out will try to just do light weights and run a lot. That means most of the men who get into sports will just fit in soccer, rugby, tennis, <LHW boxing & MMA. You'll be hard pressed to find a guy who could bench more than 225. Honestly, a lot of Europe seem to praise feminine guys, I see it in S. Korea too.

ribcage6foot6
08-01-2017, 09:35 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/1tfqk9.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/1tfqk9)

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 09:51 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1tfqk9.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/1tfqk9)

Wilt could dribble a basketball. Also had a nice finger roll.

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure about stamina specifically, but I do know only a few countries appreciate the muscular physique. Gym culture is huge in USA, to a lesser extent the UK, Canada, Australia and Iceland.

If you have a big body in the US , benching 4 plates for reps, veins shooting out of everywhere - lots of women will be staring, guys will be aspiring to be like you.

You'll be seen as a freak or circus show in Germany, Argentina, Korea, etc because their ideal male body is strictly the lean muscular look, most men there who work out will try to just do light weights and run a lot. That means most of the men who get into sports will just fit in soccer, rugby, tennis, <LHW boxing & MMA. You'll be hard pressed to find a guy who could bench more than 225. Honestly, a lot of Europe seem to praise feminine guys, I see it in S. Korea too.

Seems to be the case. Agreed.

Also seems to be that way in S. America. Brazil is probably the tranny capital of the world, so I understand why a twink like Neymar is worshiped.

apalisoc_9
08-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Do you type your your bulbous forehead or what? Slow down, corky. Life goes on.
This is a spotforum.

Go to cheetosforum.com

Your opinion is irrelevant

midnightpulp
08-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Wait..

Scientific fact, bro.

See the research I posted. It's inarguable.

And baseball with a women's sport included (softball) is more demanding than soccer.

apalisoc_9
08-01-2017, 10:59 PM

Spurtacular
08-02-2017, 12:02 AM
Meanwhile, Disney Sports lays off the remaining alphas by the dozen.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 02:50 AM

No, don't be a dumbfuck. I'm saying that if you are good enough to play a sport in a professional way it's obvious that you have pretty good hand/foot-eye cordination for that certain sport or else you can't make it professionally. This shit should be a pretty basic topic of agreement, tbh. Even the shittiest of professional sportmen on a particular sport has an above natural hand/foot-eye coordination. This is a trait needed on pretty much any sport that requires skill.

Stamina, on the other hand, isn't required on every sport. And any average joe can have more stamina than the biggest stars of certain sports *coff* standaroundball *coff*.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 04:37 AM
No, don't be a dumbfuck. I'm saying that if you are good enough to play a sport in a professional way it's obvious that you have pretty good hand/foot-eye cordination for that certain sport or else you can't make it professionally. This shit should be a pretty basic topic of agreement, tbh. Even the shittiest of professional sportmen on a particular sport has an above natural hand/foot-eye coordination. This is a trait needed on pretty much any sport that requires skill.

Stamina, on the other hand, isn't required on every sport. And any average joe can have more stamina than the biggest stars of certain sports *coff* standaroundball *coff*.

You can't spin yourself out of this one. Just because they "already have it" doesn't mean "it doesn't count." They probably also "already have" great natural athleticism too if they're able to play a pro sport.

And your argument of why stamina is the most important trait was incredibly weak ("It's the only trait that crosses over into others. It you don't have stamina, you can't run as fast..."). You can say that about ANY athletic trait. "If you don't have strength, you won't be able to deliver a good punch, won't be able to tackle a player, won't be able to kick a ball hard, regardless of how good your stamina is." ALL the athletic traits crossover equally into each other.

You also defeated your own stamina argument with your last sentence. Stamina isn't of vital importance in every sport, thus it isn't the most important athletic trait. The average Joe can also have better stamina than the best quarterbacks, lineman, kickers, cricket players, golfers, hockey and soccer goalies, etc, etc. But handeye-coordination is of vital importance in every skill sport.

That said, I disagree that the average Joe (we're assuming a couch potato here. Average Joes are capable of running miles per day, as running is the most popular activity in the world) has better stamina than ANY pro athlete, even athletes in sports where there's a lot of "standing around." Yeah, the average Joe has better stamina than this guy :lol

http://www.latinoathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Stanton-2.jpg

Clipper Nation
08-02-2017, 06:13 AM

It's over. Give up.

daledondale
08-02-2017, 09:42 AM

You can't spin yourself out of this one. Just because they "already have it" doesn't mean "it doesn't count." They probably also "already have" great natural athleticism too if they're able to play a pro sport.

And your argument of why stamina is the most important trait was incredibly weak ("It's the only trait that crosses over into others. It you don't have stamina, you can't run as fast..."). You can say that about ANY athletic trait. "If you don't have strength, you won't be able to deliver a good punch, won't be able to tackle a player, won't be able to kick a ball hard, regardless of how good your stamina is." ALL the athletic traits crossover equally into each other.

You also defeated your own stamina argument with your last sentence. Stamina isn't of vital importance in every sport, thus it isn't the most important athletic trait. The average Joe can also have better stamina than the best quarterbacks, lineman, kickers, cricket players, golfers, hockey and soccer goalies, etc, etc. But handeye-coordination is of vital importance in every skill sport.

That said, I disagree that the average Joe (we're assuming a couch potato here. Average Joes are capable of running miles per day, as running is the most popular activity in the world) has better stamina than ANY pro athlete, even athletes in sports where there's a lot of "standing around." Yeah, the average Joe has better stamina than this guy :lol

Baseball :lol:downspin:

http://www.menshealth.com/sites/menshealth.com/files/2014/07/MH-Prince-Fielder.jpghttp://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/awxbp4puw8wn20nzapmz.jpghttps://soliloqueue.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/sabathia.jpg?w=614http://topbet.eu/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/PabloSandoval-640x426.jpghttp://pds.joins.com/news/component/osen_new/201509/24/201509242016777467_5603dba88835d.jpghttps://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/Bartolo-Colon-Mets-media-boycott-042614.jpg

08-02-2017, 09:55 AM

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Baseball :lol:downspin:

Soccer :lol :downspin:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/a1VP5d4iK5E/maxresdefault.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8D1G_S4McKQ/SIjanxUp6SI/AAAAAAAAAtA/FyqqPDdc1FA/s400/0723_soccer_grab_landov.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIT0_26WoAAgpds.jpg:large

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a4/fe/0a/a4fe0a8003c28a12871a66ae540e52c5--male-athletes-funny-moments.jpg

And...

Wait for it...

It's coming (literally)....

http://oi68.tinypic.com/9a8qqq.jpg

Mitch
08-02-2017, 10:41 AM
:lol you just can't defend your sport when players are having bukakes in the shower

Darth_Pelican
08-02-2017, 10:42 AM
http://oi68.tinypic.com/9a8qqq.jpg

DMC
08-02-2017, 03:41 PM
That's Apo kneeling there between me and Midnight, taking his L's.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2017, 04:42 PM
:lol you just can't defend your sport when players are having bukakes in the shower

TD 21
08-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Wait..

Many Americans are brainwashed from a young age into worshipping football. A sport filled with fat guys, yet they claim they're the "best athletes" based on the few positions that entail athleticism. What's more, they claim it's the "ultimate team sport", when in reality it's a sport of specialists and in many cases the players probably don't even know half the team . . . but it's violent, so it makes them feel like "real" men to claim to be fans, even though many never had the balls to actually play it.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Many Americans are brainwashed from a young age into worshipping football. A sport filled with fat guys, yet they claim they're the "best athletes" based on the few positions that entail athleticism. What's more, they claim it's the "ultimate team sport", when in reality it's a sport of specialists and in many cases the players probably don't even know half the team . . . but it's violent, so it makes them feel like "real" men to claim to be fans, even though many never had the balls to actually play it.

Those fat guys are uber athletic. Warren Sapp had a sub 5 forty and 30" vert at 320lb.

DMC
08-02-2017, 04:55 PM

^Individual who couldn't make the JV.

08-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Those fat guys are uber athletic. Warren Sapp had a sub 5 forty and 30" vert at 320lb.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Dig a little deeper here.

The 40-yard dash time of 4.69 seconds Sapp recorded at the 1995 NFL Scouting Combine was two tenths of a second faster than the fastest defensive tackle in the 2013 draft. Also at the combine, Sapp registered a vertical leap of 31 inches.Jul 31, 2013

Soccer's greatest athlete Cristiano Ronaldo:

40: 4.8 seconds

Veri: 30'

:cry But does FatSapp have s-s-stamina like Ronaldo :cry

No.

But can that twink bench 400lb? Deadlift 600lb? Military press 300lb?

TD 21
08-02-2017, 05:02 PM
^Individual who couldn't make the JV.

:lmao I excel at virtually every sport
:lmao Typical American, getting defensive because someone doesn't worship your precious football

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 05:02 PM

You realize that Sapp's 40 time and vert is better than your hero's Ronaldo, right? See my latest post.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 05:10 PM
:lmao Typical American, getting defensive because someone doesn't worship your precious football

With the way you're calling him a "typical American," it looks like you're from another country. How could you "excel" at football when your country's school likely didn't have a team? And if it did have a team, it was probably filled with misfits who didn't know what they're doing. You could be from Canada, but that isn't a hotbed of American football talent.

And no one is "worshiping" football. You're just talking out of your ass. Those "fat guys" are athletic freaks by any metric. Which other sport are you going to find 300 pounders that can run sub 5.0 forties?

unleashbaynes
08-02-2017, 05:21 PM
lwxJQfLeF1Q

:wow incredibly athletic play for a non-athlete

TD 21
08-02-2017, 05:26 PM
With the way you're calling him a "typical American," it looks like you're from another country. How could you "excel" at football when your country's school likely didn't have a team? And if it did have a team, it was probably filled with misfits who didn't know what they're doing. You could be from Canada, but that isn't a hotbed of American football talent.

And no one is "worshiping" football. You're just talking out of your ass. Those "fat guys" are athletic freaks by any metric. Which other sport are you going to find 300 pounders that can run sub 5.0 forties?

So not being an American cliché automatically makes one a foreigner? And either virtually means every or is irrelevant if the sport you worship isn't included? Typical American.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 05:31 PM
So not being an American cliché automatically makes one a foreigner? And either virtually means every or is irrelevant if the sport you worship isn't included? Typical American.

Only a non-American would call someone a "typical American" in response to a post that wasn't even patriotic.

I'm not a football worshiper. I've had lengthy debates on here on why I think the NFL is a garbage product. But what is cold hard fact is those "fat guys" are super-athletic.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 05:35 PM
lwxJQfLeF1Q

I thought baseball was "fatball." Where's all the fat guys in that clip?

td4mvp2k
08-02-2017, 06:13 PM
:lol you just can't defend your sport when players are having bukakes in the shower:lol if midgets kicking a ball around for hrs to celebrate ties wasnt bad enough... tbh

Clipper Nation
08-02-2017, 06:21 PM
lwxJQfLeF1Q

:cry "But can he jack his teammates off in the shower like Messi and Ronaldo?" :cry

- The Povertyball Krew

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 06:41 PM
:lol I think this feud has run its course. Handjobball crew was checkmated with too many bombs.

Time to challenge a new sport. Maybe they can go after something more their speed, like fishing.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 06:46 PM
:lol I think this feud has run its course. Handjobball crew was checkmated with too many bombs.

Time to challenge a new sport. Maybe they can go after something more their speed, like fishing.

This was never a feud son. Soccer is the most popular sport in the World. Baseball is a game that requires burning less calories than a walk on the park.

DMC
08-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Yes, every internet personality is a 6'7" freakishly athletic savant, devilishly handsome and one hell of a rapper.

DMC
08-02-2017, 06:52 PM
This was never a feud son. Soccer is the most popular sport in the World. Baseball is a game that requires burning less calories than a walk on the park.

It's popular because 300 people can play with one ball.

Mark Celibate
08-02-2017, 06:59 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 07:01 PM

Which sport is more popular was never the debate. I mean, Taylor Swift or Bieber are the most popular "musicians" in the world. Doesn't mean they aren't shit.

:cry Burning calories :cry

Senior citizens out for their daily 5 mile jog burn more calories in a week than a soccer player. Nothing impressive about soccer's aerobic demands. And besides that, baseball (with a women's sport included) was proven by science to be the harder sport.

Like I said, time to go after fishing or maybe lawn bowling :lol

DMC
08-02-2017, 07:02 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--eiBaTD1B--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/lvgtcrasc6yrdxiuqtxx.jpg

If it was popular in more 1st world countries they might begin to earn professional level salaries. You got Messi and Ronaldo McDonaldo.

DMC
08-02-2017, 07:05 PM
According to an Associated Press study, the average MLB salary will break the $4 million mark for the first time in 2015, continuing a trend that has seen payrolls skyrocket due in part to increasing revenues from broadcasting deals. The average player will make an estimated $4.25 million this season, up from $3.65 million just two years ago.

FkLA
08-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Why is Fat Hands suddenly mid's right hand man when it comes to defending fatball?

Oh right it's cause he's fat. :lol

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Why is Fat Hands suddenly mid's right hand man when it comes to defending fatball?

We're not defending football here. Keep up.

DMC
08-02-2017, 07:20 PM

How is South San Antonio this time of year?

08-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Come one son don't ruin this, it's cute watching him thinking he's actually proving something with all those "studies" and graphs tbh :lol let him think he still has a chance

08-02-2017, 07:31 PM

I'm surprised it took him this long, tbh :lol

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Come one son don't ruin this, it's cute watching him thinking he's actually proving something with all those "studies" and graphs tbh :lol let him think he still has a chance

:madrun Science and facts don't matter only what's popular and if you burn a few calories :madrun

DAF86
08-02-2017, 08:19 PM
:lol "Science" and "facts". Your whole reasoning revolves around disminishing the athletic traits that you found inconvenient for your point and extol the ones that help you make your case.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 08:35 PM
To put the final stake in the heart of this debate, time to take away the Fatball joke from the DoubleHandJobBall crew.

Top 100 players in the league:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/war/leaders/_/type/seasonal/year/2017

Not seeing any fat guys on the list.

In fact, this what the better players in baseball look like.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/683/540/hi-res-eaa4a12272d5c0517e28258d80c6b5d1_crop_north.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

https://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_960w/Boston/2011-2020/2016/02/18/BostonGlobe.com/ReceivedContent/Images/davis_st218-3_spts.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/5c49d748a3e64f248abd5fed838500e6/tumblr_ooezrrbXjP1vnvl33o1_500.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/www.piop.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/harper-bryce-workout.jpg?resize=350%2C200&ssl=1

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/17/18/8b1718dfb34ccea2076c0ee2b951caf2--mike-trout-man-crush.jpg

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/34/76/71/7597687/5/1024x1024.jpg

I ask again, which sport is fatball? FkLA. Anyone?

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 08:38 PM
:lol "Science" and "facts". Your whole reasoning revolves around disminishing the athletic traits that you found inconvenient for your point and extol the ones that help you make your case.

Me?

Which sport ranked higher in a study done by a PHD in bio-mechanics and the lead sports scientist at the USOC? Baseball (combined with a women's sport) or soccer?

No. You're the one who extols ONE, and only ONE athletic trait (s-s-stamina) over everything else because it helps make your case for soccer.

And no, stamina isn't the only athletic trait that crosses over to all others. That's so easily disproven, I'm surprised you even went with that argument.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Me?

Which sport ranked higher in a study done by a PHD in bio-mechanics and the lead sports scientist at the USOC? Baseball (combined with a women's sport) or soccer?

No. You're the one who extols ONE, and only ONE athletic trait (s-s-stamina) over everything else because it helps make your case for soccer.

And no, stamina isn't the only athletic trait that crosses over to all others. That's so easily disproven, I'm surprised you even went with that argument.

I don't know which athletic trait is more important but what I do know is that soccer allows for a wider range of athletic traits to be at display for all of its participants: elite foot-eye coordination to dribble with a ball on your feet at high speeds and among obstacles, endurance to play 90 minutes non-stop, jumping ability to fight for aerial balls, quickness to move in tight spaces, sprinting to beat a rival on a run, strength to fight for positioning and give and take hits. All of these traits are in constant play many times throughout a soccer match.

In baseball you just don't have that. The onoy athletic trait that is in constant play on a baseball game is the hand-eye coordination to bat and throw. Nothing else. Then you have sprinting for certain players to steal bases, beat an infield hit, or, sometimes, run the bases. Jumping ability for outfielders that need to go for a ball that is close to the fences (once like every 5 games, or maybe more). And quickness in infielders to make a tough play on the infield (again, once every full moon).

The matter of whether baseball players are more athletic than soccer players is irrelevant, since baseball is such a shitty game that it won't allow them to display those athletic traits in any meaningful way.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 09:24 PM
I don't know which athletic trait is more important but what I do know is that soccer allows for a wider range of athletic traits to be at display for all of its participants: elite foot-eye coordination to dribble with a ball on your feet at high speeds and among obstacles, endurance to play 90 minutes non-stop, jumping ability to fight for aerial balls, quickness to move in tight spaces, sprinting to beat a rival on a run, strength to fight for positioning and give and take hits. All of these traits are in constant play many times throughout a soccer match.

In baseball you just don't have that. The athletic trait that is in constant play on a baseball game is the hand-eye coordination to bat and throw. Nothing else. Then you have sprinting for certain players to steal bases, beat an infield hit, or, sometimes, run the bases. Jumping ability for outfielders that need to go for a ball that is close to the fences (once like every 5 games, or maybe more). And quickness in infielders to make a tough play on the infield (again, once every full moon).

The matter of whether baseball players are more athletic that soccer players is irrelevant, since baseball is such a shitty game that it won't allow them to display those athletic traits in any meaningful way.

Yeah, sprinting 23mph to rob a sure double isn't displaying an athletic trait in a "meaningful" way. The upper, lower, and core body strength required to throw a pitch with pin-point accuracy at 95-100mph isn't displaying full body athleticism in a "meaningful" way.

You're making your case on "aesthetic" grounds, not scientific ones (i.e. actually exploring the biomechanics involved). Pitching (which is an event that happens about 300 times a game) challenges the same core muscle groups to the same extent as running, cutting, and jumping.

https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/09/examining-the-relationship-between-vertical-jump-force-and-velocity/

And I've stated before, that the joint in a pitcher's arm moves the fastest out of all athletes in ANY sport. And on the batting side, you're using those same core muscles similarly. You just don't see a "bunch of jogging around," so you mistakenly think it's a low effort activity. You can be bored with it to your heart's content, it still doesn't change the biomechanic demands. And for people who actually understand baseball, a pitcher/batter duel is just as athletically dynamic as a crossover dribble resulting in a dunk.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Yeah, sprinting 23mph to rob a sure double isn't displaying an athletic trait in a "meaningful" way. The upper, lower, and core body strength required to throw a pitch with pin-point accuracy at 95-100mph isn't displaying full body athleticism in a "meaningful" way.

You're making your case on "aesthetic" grounds, not scientific ones (i.e. actually exploring the biomechanics involved). Pitching (which is an event that happens about 300 times a game) challenges the same core muscle groups to the same extent as running, cutting, and jumping.

https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/09/examining-the-relationship-between-vertical-jump-force-and-velocity/

And I've stated before, that the joint in a pitcher's arm moves the fastest out of all athletes in ANY sport. And on the batting side, you're using those same core muscles similarly. You just don't see a "bunch of jogging around," so you mistakenly think it's a low effort activity. You can be bored with it to your heart's content, it still doesn't change the biomechanic demands. And for people who actually understand baseball, a pitcher/batter duel is just as athletically dynamic as a crossover dribble resulting in a dunk.

And you think biomechanics aren't involved in all the different athletics demands of a soccer player? :lol

Everything you bring up about baseball can be brought up about soccer too, the same can't be said the other way around.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Furthermore, if you tried to change baseball so you'd see more "running around," you'd basically turn it into another shitty goal sport, which is the most unimaginative sports design there is. We already have too many of them as it is.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Furthermore, if you tried to change baseball so you'd see more "running around," you'd basically turn it into another shitty goal sport, which is the most unimaginative sports design there is. We already have too many of them as it is.

That's because those are the best, tbh. :lol

FkLA
08-02-2017, 09:38 PM
The matter of whether baseball players are more athletic that soccer players is irrelevant, since baseball is such a shitty game that it won't allow them to display those athletic traits in any meaningful way.

Exactly. That's been my whole argument against fatball too. The game itself is dull af. It's like having a car that looks great, is fast, handles nice but all you use it for is to go from one stop light to another 1/3rd of the year.

Down Under
08-02-2017, 09:43 PM
If you allowed PEDs in Rugby like American sports you probably would have guys benching 600lbs instead of 500 & running the 100 in 10 flat instead of 10.4 :lol

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 09:48 PM
And you think biomechanics aren't involved in all the different athletics demands of a soccer player? :lol

Everything you name about baseball can be duplicated on soccer, the same can't be said the other way around.

Of course they are. I'm saying that driving your legs, rotating your core, and using those muscles in concert to deliver a 100 mph pitch is just as "demanding" as nutmegging a player a kicking the ball. I agree that one is more visually dynamic, but the same amount of athleticism is involved.

No. Everything I say about baseball can't be duplicated in soccer. The kinetic chain required to swing a bat requires more "links" in the process than kicking a ball, i.e. you use more muscles and joints in the former than the latter.

In “Biomechanical Characteristics and Determinants of Instep Soccer Kick,” Eleftherios Kellis of the sports sciences department at Aristotle University in Greece compiled ball speeds from kicks reported in 27 research studies. Ball speeds ranged from a low of 14.9 meters per second in youths aged 10 to 17 to 30 meters per second for professional soccer players, with many adult amateurs able to send the ball at 25 meters per second. The pounds of force can be calculated knowing that the ball weight is constant for all the studies, with the added assumption that the shoe contact time is also fairly constant at about 0.05 seconds. Thus while professional players send the ball at 30 meters per second and 1,200 pounds of force, an average adult player sends the ball at around 25 meters per second based on a kick of 1,000 pounds of force, while average youth players may only muster a ball speed of 14.9 meters per second, indicating just 600 pounds of force.

1200 pounds vs.

8.3 fuckin' thousand

http://diamondkinetics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/PoundsOfForce.png

This should illustrate how much more biokinetics are involved in hitting vs. kicking.

The only athletic trait not involved in baseball that exists in soccer is stamina. That's it. But baseball's challenges upper body strength a hell of whole lot more. And no, they aren't generating 8K pounds of force rubbing up on each other in the box.

FkLA
08-02-2017, 09:50 PM
To put the final stake in the heart of this debate, time to take away the Fatball joke from the DoubleHandJobBall crew.

Top 100 players in the league:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/war/leaders/_/type/seasonal/year/2017

Not seeing any fat guys on the list.

In fact, this what the better players in baseball look like.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/683/540/hi-res-eaa4a12272d5c0517e28258d80c6b5d1_crop_north.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

https://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_960w/Boston/2011-2020/2016/02/18/BostonGlobe.com/ReceivedContent/Images/davis_st218-3_spts.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/5c49d748a3e64f248abd5fed838500e6/tumblr_ooezrrbXjP1vnvl33o1_500.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/www.piop.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/harper-bryce-workout.jpg?resize=350%2C200&ssl=1

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/17/18/8b1718dfb34ccea2076c0ee2b951caf2--mike-trout-man-crush.jpg

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/34/76/71/7597687/5/1024x1024.jpg

I ask again, which sport is fatball? FkLA. Anyone?

What percentage of a fatball game is dead play in between pitches? What percentage of the time (aside from pitches) is the fatball actually in play? What percentage of the time is the average fatball player actually fielding, or hitting, or running the bases?These great athletes are just wasting away their athleticism playing such a dull game, tbh.

DMC
08-02-2017, 09:57 PM
How much time is the average povertyball player actually making contact with the ball or defending someone who's dribbling?

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Exactly. That's been my whole argument against fatball too. The game itself is dull af. It's like having a car that looks great, is fast, handles nice but all you use it for is to go from one stop light to another 1/3rd of the year.

You see that athleticism being used every pitch, of which there are 300 total in a game. You get to see 60ish total at bats (how many shots on goal do they average in soccer? Like 8 total).

You're just programmed to only think of running and jumping as "exciting" and "athletic."

Pitching is way more impressive to watch than a dunk.

Silver&Black
08-02-2017, 10:00 PM
No amount of name calling (fatball, dumb Americans, obeseball, etc...) will overcome the fact that there is a picture here on ST of a guy giving two of his teammates a handjob.

Keep trying though I guess......

FkLA
08-02-2017, 10:09 PM
How much time is the average povertyball player actually making contact with the ball or defending someone who's dribbling?

A hell of a lot more often than the average fatball player does the things I mentioned. All while running a couple of miles over 90 minutes too. DMCball players OTOH are standing around scratching their jockstraps or sitting in the dugout chewing sunflower seeds when they aren't hitting, fielding, or running bases. Or in other words the majority of the time. :lol

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:15 PM
What percentage of a fatball game is dead play in between pitches? What percentage of the time (aside from pitches) is the fatball actually in play? What percentage of the time is the average fatball player actually fielding, or hitting, or running the bases?These great athletes are just wasting away their athleticism playing such a dull game, tbh.

Which game is fatball?

I would assume it's a sport where all the best players are fat?

FkLA
08-02-2017, 10:24 PM
No amount of name calling (fatball, dumb Americans, obeseball, etc...) will overcome the fact that there is a picture here on ST of a guy giving two of his teammates a handjob.

Keep trying though I guess......

There's alot of metrosexuals and probably gays in soccer. So what? Not sure how that changes the fact that fatball is a dull sport where the participants (aside from the pitcher) are stationary or flat out sitting on their ass as the large majority of the time.

Plus it's not like there aren't a bunch of closeted players in pretty much every sport.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:24 PM
A hell of a lot more often than the average fatball player does the things I mentioned. All while running a couple of miles over 90 minutes too. DMCball players OTOH are standing around scratching their jockstraps or sitting in the dugout chewing sunflower seeds when they aren't hitting, fielding, or running bases. Or in other words the majority of the time. :lol

Why does every sport have to conform to the goal sport design (which are the only sports where constant running and jumping are possible)? Baseball (and its cousin cricket) are nice alternatives to goal sport number 57573 where the action is pretty redundant from one to the other. "Ooooh. Guys running around on a rectangle trying to throw or kick a ball into a net or move a ball across a line!"

And I know you like baseball when you're invested, and I think you'd agree that to compromise the batter vs. pitcher dynamic so the ball could be put in play more would be retarded and actually make the game boring, like if they had batters hit off a tee or pitchers throw underhanded. Then hitting the ball would no longer be the achievement it is.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:27 PM
There's alot of metrosexuals and probably gays in soccer. So what? Not sure how that changes the fact that fatball is a dull sport where the participants (aside from the pitcher) are stationary or flat out sitting on their ass as the large majority of the time.

Usain Bolt stands around for hours at a track meet, never has run a mile, and only gets to use his athleticism for 9.7 seconds every match. How much of a waste is that?

Baseball players sprint a hell of a lot more per game than Bolt.

"But it's different!"

Sure it is :lol

FkLA
08-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Why does every sport have to conform to the goal sport design (which are the only sports where constant running and jumping are possible)? Baseball (and its cousin cricket) are nice alternatives to goal sport number 57573 where the action is pretty redundant from one to the other. "Ooooh. Guys running around on a rectangle trying to throw or kick a ball into a net or move a ball across a line!"

And I know you like baseball when you're invested, and I think you'd agree that to compromise the batter vs. pitcher dynamic so the ball could be put in play more would be retarded and actually make the game boring, like if they had batters hit off a tee or pitchers throw underhanded. Then hitting the ball would no longer be the achievement it is.

sport
spôrt/Submit
noun
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

.ath·lete
ˈaTHˌlēt/Submit
noun
a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Don't call it a sport then. Call it a game and group it with other games like billiards, golf, bowling, darts, etc. Call the players something other than athletes too.

It's a slap in the face to actual sports and athletes, tbh.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:41 PM
sport
spôrt/Submit
noun
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

.ath·lete
ˈaTHˌlēt/Submit
noun
a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Don't call it a sport then. Call it a game and group it with other games like billiards, golf, bowling, darts, etc. Call the players something other than athletes too.

It's a slap in the face to actual sports and athletes, tbh.

Pitching takes more physical exertion than kicking. So does hitting, as PROVEN by the pounds of force generated (8K to a pathetic 1200lb for your soccer twinks). Baseball players exert themselves more on the basepads than your soccer twinks (proven by faster sprint speeds).

No, it's slap in the face to call this one of the world's greatest athletes

And put him on the same tier as an actual athlete like here:

And Stanton is even faster than that little twink.

FkLA
08-02-2017, 10:41 PM
Usain Bolt stands around for hours at a track meet, never has run a mile, and only gets to use his athleticism for 9.7 seconds every match. How much of a waste is that?

Baseball players sprint a hell of a lot more per game than Bolt.

"But it's different!"

Sure it is :lol

Can you imagine Bartolo Colon lining up next to Bolt in a 100m or 200m race though? The in-shape fatball players you post are often times standing shoulder to shoulder with some doughy motherfucker. Speaks volumes about the actual game.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Can you imagine Bartolo Colon lining up next to Bolt in a 100m or 200m race though? The in-shape fatball players you post are often times standing shoulder to shoulder with some doughy motherfucker. Speaks volumes about the actual game.

Can you imagine Bolt trying to hit this:

http://i.imgur.com/vb9GLRC.gif

Bolt also doesn't need to develop any kind of skills. Track is a joke. One-dimensional event. Not even a sport.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Best Mexican "athlete" that country has produced over the past decade.

http://media.nbclosangeles.com/images/652*367/thisisapicture.jpg

One looks like an actual athlete, the other looks like a 12 year old fan.

"But he lightly trots around a rectangle :cry"

DAF86
08-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Pitching takes more physical exertion than kicking. So does hitting, as PROVEN by the pounds of force generated (8K to a pathetic 1200lb for your soccer twinks). Baseball players exert themselves more on the basepads than your soccer twinks (proven by faster sprint speeds).

Sure, batting 4 or 5 times per game on a span of 4 hours takes more physical exertation than jogging, running, jumping, falling, stopping and going and getting hit for 90 minutes non-stop. :lol

DMC
08-02-2017, 10:48 PM

But how much?

FkLA
08-02-2017, 10:49 PM

:lol That's such a stupid way to measure physical exertion. I think you know kicking isn't the only form of physical exertion in soccer. There's a reason fatball players can have a game every single day for weeks straight and soccer players typically only play once a week.

Stanton has a great body (no homo). Doesn't mean he isn't playing a dull ass game where he's mostly stationary.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 10:50 PM
But how much?

A lot much. Anyway, you aren't physically demanding yourself just when the ball is near you, tbh. Everyplayer has to be in constant movement no matter in what part of the pitch they are or how far from the ball they are.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Sure, batting 4 or 5 times per game on a span of 4 hours takes more physical exertation than jogging, running, jumping, falling, stopping and going and getting hit for 90 minutes non-stop. :lol

Hitting a ball 500 feet once is more "athletic" than jogging for 90 minutes, something senior citizens do daily.

And training up the athletic traits to do such is more demanding than training up the stamina to trot around and fall to grass like you've been shot from light contact.

DMC
08-02-2017, 10:53 PM
So now running around is difficult? Exertion = difficulty? I guess crab boat workers are the best athletes in the world.

http://r.ddmcdn.com/s_f/o_1/cx_431/cy_0/cw_401/ch_401/w_401/DSC/uploads/2016/03/Hunter-Cooper-Bio.jpg

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 10:58 PM
:lol That's such a stupid way to measure physical exertion. I think you know kicking isn't the only form of physical exertion in soccer. There's a reason fatball players can have a game every single day for weeks straight and soccer players typically only play once a week.

Stanton has a great body (no homo). Doesn't mean he isn't playing a dull ass game where he's mostly stationary.

Lightly jogging? Jumping a few inches off the ground? (:lol Ronaldo's soccer's greatest leaper with a 30" vert. Pathetic).

They play once a week due to scheduling for the weekend. There's nothing in soccer that would prevent them from playing at least every other day. Basketball requires a similar level of fitness (shown by the respective aerobic demands in each sport) and normal sized humans CAN play basketball everyday. Hell, our basketball practices between games EVERY DAY were more grueling than the game itself. The only reason NBA basketball isn't everyday is because tall people (6'5" and above) are much greater injury risk.

FkLA
08-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Best Mexican "athlete" that country has produced over the past decade.

http://media.nbclosangeles.com/images/652*367/thisisapicture.jpg

One looks like an actual athlete, the other looks like a 12 year old fan.

"But he lightly trots around a rectangle :cry"

Who would that be? Your link is bad. Please tell me its not a pic of Adrian Gonzalez. :lol

FkLA
08-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Can you imagine Bolt trying to hit this:

http://i.imgur.com/vb9GLRC.gif

Bolt also doesn't need to develop any kind of skills. Track is a joke. One-dimensional event. Not even a sport.

Track is a specialists sport, no doubt. I don't think it tries to disguise itself as anything else though. It's about speed, more than any other sport. Nothing wrong with that.

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:02 PM

Plus it's not like there aren't a bunch of closeted players in pretty much every sport.

160 games a year x however many teams. Starts in kindergarten, all throughout school into HS, then college and AAA. Scholarships are handed out by the truckloads for it. Even small colleges have baseball teams. Even churches have softball teams. Soccer is played by small children and be@ners. Let's be honest. You never say "hey, let's run down and watch the soccer game tonight, I got tickets". You couldn't name the soccer teams in this region. Friday Night Lights isn't about soccer. How many great soccer movies are there? I heard they are making a real soccer movie, Pitt is starring and trying to bring back a familiar role, but this time it's called "No Money Ball" and it's about a bunch of scantly clad, limp wristed 3rd worlders who don shopping bags for shirts and win the local kickball contest against the neighboring village, and the winner gets the 1st visit of the day to the watering hole before everyone else pisses in it.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Here's a list of some soccer players (not all of them, there are many more) that have died during matches or training because their bodies couldn't take the demands of the sport.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_pla ying

Now go find me how many baseball players died from the physical exertion they had to use while playing (so none of this bullshit of being hit in the head with the ball, tbh).

It doesn't get much more demanding that dying while practicing a sport, tbh.

:cry "b...b...but baseball can be just as demanding. You don't know." :cry

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 11:06 PM
So now running around is difficult? Exertion = difficulty? I guess crab boat workers are the best athletes in the world.

http://r.ddmcdn.com/s_f/o_1/cx_431/cy_0/cw_401/ch_401/w_401/DSC/uploads/2016/03/Hunter-Cooper-Bio.jpg

Running is so difficult that 101 year olds can run more miles in 90 minutes than soccer players, and that running is the most popular activity in the world by far.

Look it at like this. Average walking speed is 5 mph. A soccer player will cover about 5-7 miles per match in 90 minutes with a 15 minute break in between. So a soccer player is only trotting around not much faster than walking speed, but DAF and FKLA try to spin it like they're constantly sprinting full bore for 90 minutes, constantly jumping, constantly twirling around.

NOTHING impressive about soccer's aerobic demands. It's not like they're running ultradistance marathons. The athletic trait they should play up is agility. Soccer players probably rule the roost there, maybe behind only NFL skill position players and point guards.

DMC
Here's a list of some soccer players (not all of them, there are many more) that have died during matches or training because their bodies couldn't take the demands of the sport.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_pla ying

Now go find me how many baseball players died from the physical exertion they had to use while playing, so none of this bullshit of being hit in the head with the ball.

Baseball players are in better shape, they don't die during training, idiot.

"hey, we're in better shape, proof? We die during training"

FkLA
160 games a year x however many teams. Starts in kindergarten, all throughout school into HS, then college and AAA. Scholarships are handed out by the truckloads for it. Even small colleges have baseball teams. Even churches have softball teams. Soccer is played by small children and be@ners. Let's be honest. You never say "hey, let's run down and watch the soccer game tonight, I got tickets". You couldn't name the soccer teams in this region. Friday Night Lights isn't about soccer. How many great soccer movies are there? I heard they are making a real soccer movie, Pitt is starring and trying to bring back a familiar role, but this time it's called "No Money Ball" and it's about a bunch of scantly clad, limp wristed 3rd worlders who don shopping bags for shirts and win the local kickball contest against the neighboring village, and the winner gets the 1st visit of the day to the watering hole before everyone else pisses in it.

Oh right, because the world doesn't exist outside of the USA. :tu

Holy shit, this might be the most murican post ever tbh :lol

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Oh right, because the world doesn't exist outside of the USA. :tu

Sure it does, there are other 1st world countries where people flee to come here, then there are 3rd world countries like yours, where we have to construct a wall to keep you playing povertyball in the desert.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Baseball players are in better shape, they don't die during training, idiot.

"hey, we're in better shape, proof? We die during training"

Yeah, I'm sure the reason why professional sportmen die while playing soccer and not baseball is because baseball players are in better shape. It is not because in soccer you have to run untill you feel like puking while baseball players sit on their asses 99% of the game. :lol

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the reason why professional sportmen die while playing soccer and not baseball is because baseball players are in better shape. It is not because in soccer you have to run untill you feel like puking while baseball players sit on their asses 99% of the games. :lol

How fucking stupid do you have to be to proclaim that dying during training = better athletes? You know who else dies during training? The elderly, fat people with heart problems.

Rarely do you hear of a BUD/S candidate dying, so you think soccer training :lol is harder than SEAL training?

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 11:14 PM

Now go find me how many baseball players died from the physical exertion they had to use while playing (so none of this bullshit of being hit in the head with the ball, tbh).

Do you realize the overwhelming majority died from sudden heart failure, which in otherwise healthy people, is often a result of a genetic disease, not because soccer's 7 miles in 90 minutes (something a 101 did) is so incredibly demanding.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrhythmogenic_right_ventricular_dysplasia

Soccer's overall injury rate is pretty average.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/figures/m6448a2f1.gif

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:15 PM
How fucking stupid do you have to be to proclaim that dying during training = better athletes? You know who else dies during training? The elderly, fat people with heart problems.

Rarely do you hear of a BUD/S candidate dying, so you think soccer training :lol is harder than SEAL training?

How stupid do you have to be to realize that the point of discussion isn't "dying while playing=better athlete" but rather "dying while playing=more demanding sport"? You have to be DMC stupid, or at least have DMC levels of goal posting.

08-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Hey guys, we got a graph!!!

FkLA
08-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Lightly jogging? Jumping a few inches off the ground? (:lol Ronaldo's soccer's greatest leaper with a 30" vert. Pathetic).

They play once a week due to scheduling for the weekend. There's nothing in soccer that would prevent them from playing at least every other day. Basketball requires a similar level of fitness (shown by the respective aerobic demands in each sport) and normal sized humans CAN play basketball everyday. Hell, our basketball practices between games EVERY DAY were more grueling than the game itself. The only reason NBA basketball isn't everyday is because tall people (6'5" and above) are much greater injury risk.

You conveniently forget the part about it being pretty much non-stop. Do something as simple as jumping jacks for a prolonged amount of time and see if suddenly it doesn't become a little harder.

I mean sure, if soccer players got to stand around scratching their jockstraps or sat on the benches for long periods like fatball players do then maybe you could use pounds of force as the basis of your argument. They don't though. They have to battle through fatigue like real athletes do. Do fatball players other than pitchers even experience fatigue? :lol

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:17 PM

Do you realize the overwhelming majority died from sudden heart failure, which in otherwise healthy people, is often a result of a genetic disease, not because soccer's 7 miles in 90 minutes (something a 101 did) is so incredibly demanding.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrhythmogenic_right_ventricular_dysplasia

Soccer's overall injury rate is pretty average.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/figures/m6448a2f1.gif

Whatever you say son, but those folks wouldn't have died while playing baseball. Simple as that. Nice touch with the shift of focus from deaths to injuries though. :tu

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Hey guys, we got a graph!!!

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 11:20 PM
Furthermore, a lot of the players that died seemed to be Africans, who are at a much higher risk of the congenital heart disease than other populations.

Africa has one of the highest prevalence of heart diseases in children and young adults, including congenital heart disease (CHD) and rheumatic heart disease (RHD).

And I really don't care about soccer players from the early 1900s dying from tetanus. That has nothing to do with the "demands" of soccer. Everything to do with shoddy medicine.

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:22 PM
How stupid do you have to be to realize that the point of discussion isn't "dying while playing=better athlete" but rather "dying while playing=more demanding sport"? You have to be DMC stupid, or at least have DMC levels of goal posting.

You're fucking retarded, officially. If players are dying during workouts, they aren't being hydrated, monitored, screened properly. That's a product of being in a 3rd world country. I heard plane rides are a real bitch on them as well.

FkLA
08-02-2017, 11:23 PM
Sure it does, there are other 1st world countries where people flee to come here, then there are 3rd world countries like yours, where we have to construct a wall to keep you playing povertyball in the desert.

And what exactly did your fat ass do to make the USA such a great country? Lol at acting like you being born into the country was anything more than pure luck.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:25 PM
You're fucking retarded, officially. If players are dying during workouts, they aren't being hydrated, monitored, screened properly. That's a product of being in a 3rd world country. I heard plane rides are a real bitch on them as well.

Sure it does son. All those English and Germam cities where folks died scream third World country.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 11:26 PM
You conveniently forget the part about it being pretty much non-stop. Do something as simple as jumping jacks for a prolonged amount of time and see if suddenly it doesn't become a little harder.

I mean sure, if soccer players got to stand around scratching their jockstraps or sat on the benches for long periods like fatball players do then maybe you could use pounds of force as the basis of your argument. They don't though. They have to battle through fatigue like real athletes do. Do fatball players other than pitchers even experience fatigue? :lol

"I've never been more exhausted in my life."

- Michael Jordan, midway through the minor league baseball season.

"This sport is much more mentally demanding than basketball. Much more."

- Michael Jordan

Your favorite sport (the actual fatball) really doesn't place a lot cardio demands on you, either. There's none on the QB that could be considered straining. And QB is probably the hardest position in sports. So the fatigue argument is pretty weak.

Bolt also doesn't have to battle through fatigue. One 10 second race per day and he's done. But you celebrate that as a "sport" (even though it violates your wiki definition of what a sport is).

Furthermore, mental fatigue>>>physical fatigue.

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:27 PM
And what exactly did your fat ass do to make the USA such a great country? Lol at acting like you being born into the country was anything more than pure luck.

I stood post in the military. How about you Pedro?

You think I was lucky to be born here, you're right. I'm lucky I wasn't born in Mexico. The rest was up to me.

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:28 PM

- Michael Jordan

Your favorite sport (the actual fatball) really doesn't place a lot cardio demands on you, either. There's none on the QB that could be considered straining. And QB is probably the hardest position in sports. So the fatigue argument is pretty weak.

Bolt also doesn't have to battle through fatigue. One 10 second race per day and he's done. But you celebrate that as a "sport" (even though it violates your wiki definition of what a sport is).

What soccer player crossed over sports into any other major league?

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Whatever you say son, but those folks wouldn't have died while playing baseball. Simple as that. Nice touch with the shift of focus from deaths to injuries though. :tu

They probably would've if their condition went undiagnosed. You can drop dead from a congenital defect at ANY time.

Injuries reveal "physical demand," do they not?

And yes, blowing out your arm, breaking your ankle on the basepaths, getting your skull fractured by the ball all happen with some regularity. Baseball seems to have a higher injury rate than basketball, as well.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 11:34 PM
What soccer player crossed over sports into any other major league?

They sometimes go to the NFL as kickers, which can further reveal the "demands" of FKLA's favorite sport: Obeseball.

(I like football, just calling out LA's suspect logic and arguments).

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:40 PM
Exactly, but you see prime all time athletes like Bo Jackson and Deionized Sanders go from football to baseball because they are fucking beast athletes and have hand/eye coordination and skills off the charts.

FkLA
08-02-2017, 11:42 PM
I stood post in the military. How about you Pedro?

You think I was lucky to be born here, you're right. I'm lucky I wasn't born in Mexico. The rest was up to me.

No no, I'm saying the USA was a great country long before you were around. Don't stick your little fat chest out while you call other countries 3rd world and talk about building walls as if it was anything other than pure luck that you were born into the US.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:44 PM
Exactly, but you see prime all time athletes like Bo Jackson and Deionized Sanders go from football to baseball because they are fucking beast athletes and have hand/eye coordination and skills off the charts.

They sometimes go to the NFL as kickers, which can further reveal the "demands" of FKLA's favorite (the) sport: Obeseball.

(I like football, just calling out LA's suspect logic and arguments).

You wouldn't be helping midnightpulp's case son. :lol

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:45 PM
No no, I'm saying the USA was a great country long before you were around. Don't stick your little fat chest out while you call other countries 3rd world and talk about building walls as if it was anything other than pure luck that you were born into the US.

Pure luck if you win the lottery. Still putting it in a vault. You act like Mexico is a shithole without the Mexicans. It's a paradise without them. Or that the US is great even without the Americans, but it's no different than Mexico from a pure land perspective. Sure, our forefathers built this place, never said otherwise. Plus, I am native American, been here a minute.

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:46 PM

Why? Neither Sanders nor Jackson were kickers. I have no idea what crazy fucking angle you're taking here.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:47 PM
Why? Neither Sanders nor Jackson were kickers. I have no idea what crazy fucking angle you're taking here.

Think it through son. I'm sure you will get it at some point. :lol

DMC
08-02-2017, 11:49 PM
Think it through son. I'm sure you will get it. :lol

No I don't.

Taking your best athletes and they can only be kickers in the NFL, then taking baseball's best and they are stars in the NFL... sizable difference there.

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 11:49 PM

Why not?

Where do you get this idea that "failed athletes" in other sports go to baseball? Or even that Bo Jackson was a football player who played baseball?

Bo Jackson's first sport was baseball. Football was his hobby, as shown by him going to the Raiders only AFTER baseball ended. Deion Sanders was a dual sport athlete from day 1. He didn't play 2 or 3 years in the NFL and then say, "Hey. I like baseball. I think I'm gonna try it!"

And :lmao Tebow.

FkLA
08-02-2017, 11:51 PM

- Michael Jordan

Jordan sucked at baseball. Of course it's going to be harder on him mentally than a sport that he ruled over. Physically, I really doubt striking out a few times per game took more out of him than playing a 40 minutes in a playoff game.

Also are you implying physical fatigue doesn't also lead to mental fatigue? A big part of endurance is mental.

DAF86
08-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Why not?

Where do you get this idea that "failed athletes" in other sports go to baseball? Or even that Bo Jackson was a football player who played baseball?

Bo Jackson's first sport was baseball. Football was his hobby, as shown by him going to the Raiders only AFTER baseball ended. Deion Sanders was a dual sport athlete from day 1. He didn't play 2 or 3 years in the NFL and then say, "Hey. I like baseball. I think I'm gonna try it!"

And :lmao Tebow.

Don't look at me son. DMC is the one that said "from football to baseball", tbh. :lol

midnightpulp
08-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Jordan sucked at baseball. Of course it's going to be harder on him mentally than a sport that he ruled over. Physically, I really doubt striking out a few times per game took more out of him than playing a 40 minutes in a playoff game.

Also are you implying physical fatigue doesn't also lead to mental fatigue? A big part of endurance is mental.

Of course not. But baseball's mental demands are greater than the other big sports. In basektball, football, etc, you'll never see a star player go through a month or two long month slump. Aaron Judge, who was on his way to the MVP over the first half, is batting like .175 over the last month and has struck out 21 straight times. You would never, ever see Lebron go a month shooting 30% from the field. If his jump shot isn't failing, he can simply "athletic" his way to production by driving. You can't out "athletic" baseball. There's no pure physical recourse to go to for a slumping player.

It's also why basketball prospects (and soccer prospects) can be pro ready at 18 and 16-17 years old. A great prospect might be ready at 23, after 5 years in the minors. What's that tell you about the "demands" of the sport?

DMC
08-03-2017, 12:00 AM
Don't look at me son. DMC is the one that said "from football to baseball", tbh. :lol

These two played both sports at the same time. Sanders was a superbowl champ the same year he won the pennant (I think). Bo Jackson was a slugger, and one hell of a freight train as Bosworth found out during his ushering out moment.

DMC
08-03-2017, 12:03 AM

You think defense in baseball is just standing around scratching your nuts? You ever played anything outside of softball? Ever play infield? :lol

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Of course not. But baseball's mental demands are greater than the other big sports. In basektball, football, etc, you'll never see a star player go through a month or two long month slump. Aaron Judge, who was on his way to the MVP over the first half, is batting like .175 over the last month and has struck out 21 straight times. You would never, ever see Lebron go a month shooting 30% from the field. If his jump shot isn't failing, he can simply "athletic" his way to production by driving. You can't out "athletic" baseball. There's no pure physical recourse to go to for a slumping player.

It's also why basketball prospects (and soccer prospects) can be pro ready at 18 and 16-17 years old. A great prospect might be ready at 23, after 5 years in the minors. What's that tell you about the "demands" of the sport?

More on this point. Baseball's Lebron:

https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/2017/04/25/hunter-greene-2017-covers.jpg

And we probably won't see him in the MLB for 3 or 4 years outside of maybe a single game "hype" call up late in the season (next year).

Lebron was 20, 6, 6 right out of the gate. By 20, he was an MVP candidate.

Gummi Clutch
08-03-2017, 12:28 AM
Real talk, how much (harder) is it for a fatball player to walk 10 steps? I don't doubt for a second that a it's "harder" for a lardball player to ride his scooter down the aisle for another cheesepuff run :lol

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 12:34 AM
Real talk, how much (harder) is it for a fatball player to walk 10 steps? I don't doubt for a second that a it's "harder" for a lardball player to ride his scooter down the aisle for another cheesepuff run :lol

I dunno. Ask FKLA. He's the football fan.

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 12:36 AM

I dunno. Ask FKLA. He's the football fan.

Spurtacular
08-03-2017, 02:42 AM

Even skaters are laughing at this trans's girly body.

apalisoc_9
08-03-2017, 03:52 AM
Even skaters are laughing at this trans's girly body.

Wow Such racist remarks are so uncalled for.
ducks please ban this guy.

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 04:31 AM
double post

lefty
08-03-2017, 07:46 AM
To be fair, Neymar doesn't take steroids like beisbol players

Graph incoming!

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 07:57 AM

Graph incoming!

He probably takes handjobs from players in the lockerroom. :lol

Spurtacular
08-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Wow Such racist remarks are so uncalled for.
ducks (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13) please ban this guy.

:wakeup

DAF86
08-03-2017, 02:26 PM
double post

Double post that had a mention for me? :huh

Spurtacular
08-03-2017, 02:33 PM

To be fair, he probably does. Not everyone can look like the Incredible Hulk on roids. The starting point matters.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nintchdbpict000342347206-e1501608438219.jpg?strip=all&w=919&quality=100

DMC
08-03-2017, 02:57 PM
He probably takes handjobs from players in the lockerroom. :lol

Protein shakes with friends, they are calling it.

LittleCriminal
08-03-2017, 03:05 PM
i've read somewhere Ramona used to play in The fiestas of San Fermin located in Irunea Pamplona.. Aka (running of the bulls)...
I wonder how many dudes she put in the hospital.

Brazil
08-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Did I read some fat Americans trying to explain baseball is more demanding than rugby !?

omfg

lefty
08-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Did I read some fat Americans trying to explain baseball is more demanding than rugby !?

omfg

08-03-2017, 05:03 PM

omfg

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 05:27 PM

omfg

No. American football.

But baseball's skill demands are certainly more demanding than rugby. Only a retard would argue otherwise.

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 05:27 PM
Double post that had a mention for me? :huh

Forum was real glitchy last night. I lost a post.

DMC
08-03-2017, 07:53 PM
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/football-ball-gay-rainbow-flag-lies-field-green-near-white-line-95941435.jpg

Brazil
08-03-2017, 08:14 PM
No. American football.

But baseball's skill demands are certainly more demanding than rugby. Only a retard would argue otherwise.

American football more demanding ?? :lmao

bro... I'm sure you are too girly for that anyway but do just a rugby training then come back to me...

I do like the back and forth on something soccer one of best feud of st but now we are reaching ridiculous level with this one tbh

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 08:34 PM
American football more demanding ?? :lmao

bro... I'm sure you are too girly for that anyway but do just a rugby training then come back to me...

I do like the back and forth on something soccer one of best feud of st but now we are reaching ridiculous level with this one tbh

Did you see the graph, bro? Proven by science.

Yes, rugby is more demanding per endurance, but the game is primarily built around lateraling. You can't even block in rugby. So on the athletic side, rugby challenges endurance, sprint speed, strength, lateral quickness, and occasionally vertical leap (DAF will come in here and spin this, probably, as if Rugby players are constantly jumping for aerials). Aside from endurance, American football challenges the other traits far more. Fastest ball sport athletes are in football, second highest leapers (after the NBA), and the strongest ball sport athletes are in football.

On the skill side, rugby's lateraling is really nothing particularly difficult to learn. They don't have to learn how to block for ball carriers. Catching is much more difficult in football, since receivers are trying to catch a ball sailing 30 feet high while running a dead sprint. Rugby only challenges kicking on the skill side more.

This is rugby in a nutshell:

https://thechasesport.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/gif-5.gif?w=1108

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03438/Fiji_Canada_poor_r_3438771a.gif

You won't see anything as skillful as this in rugby:

https://media.giphy.com/media/N3PY37KR8Ucjm/giphy.gif

https://i.chzbgr.com/original/8403395584/h53EB81DB/1

How tired you are during or after playing a sport doesn't equal demanding, bro. I don't know why you guys use that argument so much?

Forget baseball, forget football. Golf.

Much more tired playing 4 hours of basketball in a hot and humid Southern California summer than strolling around a golf course. Doesn't matter. Golf is still more difficult and demanding.

Spurtacular
08-03-2017, 08:55 PM
No. American football.

More technical, maybe. Demanding makes it sound like there's a degree of difficulty that's ever present. In any event, I never argue against the sports that require constant running. People think soccer is so easy 'til they play it and realize that they have to be in peak fitness to meet the rigors of the game.

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 09:05 PM
More technical, maybe. Demanding makes it sound like there's a degree of difficulty that's ever present. In any event, I never argue against the sports that require constant running. People think soccer is so easy 'til they play it and realize that they have to be in peak fitness to meet the rigors of the game.

There is when you're batting, which is the core element of baseball. And also when you're pitching. Not to mention catching. Catchers make their job look ridiculously easy, but check out what happens when a Joe tries to catch a 100mph in a cage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-4xZkja634

And infielders are often tasked with catching 110-120 mph rockets. What also makes baseball particularly demanding (and mentally frustrating) is how the sport is structured around limited opportunity. You get 4 offensive chances on average and that's it. And in the field, you might only get one shot at making a run saving catch with the bases loaded, and if you fuck it up (even early in the game), you might not get a chance to redeem yourself.

Tom Brady can throw 2 interceptions in the first quarter, but still able to rebound since he'll get 40-50 pass attempts. Lebron can go 2-12 in the first half, but still redeem himself in the second half. Limited opportunities in those sports only happen during the end game (i.e. miss a GW shot or drop a GW TD).

"Constant running" doesn't equal demanding. I'll use the golf argument, again.

I'll be much more tired, beat up, banged up after 3 or 4 hours of playing basketball in 100 degree weather than riding around a golf course. Golf will still demand more of me to post a good round, though.

Spurtacular
08-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Catchers make their job look ridiculously easy, but check out what happens when a Joe tries to catch a 100mph in a cage.

As someone who used to play catcher, I'd say it is ridiculously easy, relatively speaking. Of course the average shmuck might have a hard time catching a fastball, though. Hell, I might would to now that I haven't done it for so long.

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 09:29 PM
As someone who used to play catcher, I'd say it is ridiculously easy, relatively speaking. Of course the average shmuck might have a hard time catching a fastball, though. Hell, I might would to now that I haven't done it for so long.

Well of course it's going to be easy for someone trained and familiar with the position, just like dribbling has become ridiculously easy for basketball players. Put a basketball in someone's hand who's never played, and he looks like a fool.

Also, what level baseball did you play at? If high school, you probably weren't seeing 100mph fastballs and 90mph sliders (or did you play with some MLB prospects?). Not talking shit, but MLB level speeds and movement are a whole 'nother level.

Spurtacular
08-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Well of course it's going to be easy for someone trained and familiar with the position, just like dribbling has become ridiculously easy for basketball players. Put a basketball in someone's hand who's never played, and he looks like a fool.

Also, what level baseball did you play at? If high school, you probably weren't seeing 100mph fastballs and 90mph sliders (or did you play with some MLB prospects?). Not talking shit, but MLB level speeds and movement are a whole 'nother level.

I agree; significant diff between HS and pros; though, most HS catchers would not have a big problem with catching pro pitchers, tbh.

lefty
08-03-2017, 11:17 PM
:lol NFL
:lol 3 hours of commercials with football breaks
:lol 7 minutes of actual action
:lol fat linesmen running to the locker room at HT to look more active
:lol fat linesmen running to the locker room at HT because they can't wait to eat their fries and cookies HT snack

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 11:22 PM
:lol fat linesmen running to the locker room at HT because they can't wait to eat their fries and cookies HT snack

Don't front left. We know you love the NFL. :lol (just like you do baseball).

You're from my generation. We loved all the sports growing up. There wasn't any of this sports comparison shit, so I know you like all the sports. We played 'em all.

:lol Today's sports fans

midnightpulp
08-03-2017, 11:31 PM

Do you follow the cfl?

Darth_Pelican
08-03-2017, 11:36 PM

Yet you regularly post in the NFL forum during the season, watch the games, and pull for certain players & teams.

lefty
08-03-2017, 11:45 PM
I pretended to :lol

Darth_Pelican
08-03-2017, 11:57 PM

There's no shame in admitting that you take a break from watching wetbacks & Eurotrash jogging around & kicking a ball back & forth for 2 hours and praying that someone scores so that a game doesn't end 0-0 and instead enjoying a game that involves different skill sets & strategies that often comes down to the last possession.

08-04-2017, 06:16 AM

DAF86
08-04-2017, 12:18 PM
You won't see anything as skillful as this in rugby:

lol son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iPWHZA1R70

I know you are way too basic to understand what is happening there so I'm just going to let you know that passing in rugby is extremely difficult. I'm a guy that has relatively ease for sports, I tried learning to pass in Rugby and I couldn't do it. You think it's just tossing the ball to the side like NFL players do when they are in desperate mode but no, in rugby you have to pass it with spin and speed. Basically, you have to throw underhand spirals. That's difficult enough to do it with two hands, so try to imagine how skillful is what that number 10 guy did there of throwing an underhand rever pass with one hand while falling down.

DAF86
08-04-2017, 12:23 PM
There's no shame in admitting that you take a break from watching wetbacks & Eurotrash jogging around & kicking a ball back & forth for 2 hours and praying that someone scores so that a game doesn't end 0-0 and instead enjoying a game that involves different skill sets & strategies that often comes down to the last possession.

I like the NFL a lot more than Rugby, but that doesn't prevent me from saying what, imho, it's a pretty easy fact, which is that Rugby is more demanding than American Football, tbh. Same shit with soccer, soccer is my favourite sport but not because of that I'm going to pretend like it's more demanding than Rugby.

Seventyniner
08-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Isn't the answer to the thread title sumo?

Brazil
08-04-2017, 04:49 PM
It keeps coming.. American football more skillful ?? Omfg :lmao

there is one position that demands skills the rest demands almost shit...

Mid I am a fan tbh but you know nothing at all about rugby.. stay away from it brah

midnightpulp
08-04-2017, 04:54 PM
I know you are way too basic to understand what is happening there so I'm just going to let you know that passing in rugby is extremely difficult. I'm a guy that has relatively ease for sports, I tried learning to pass in Rugby and I couldn't do it. You think it's just tossing the ball to the side like NFL players do when they are in desperate mode but no, in rugby you have to pass it with spin and speed. Basically, you have to throw underhand spirals. That's difficult enough to do it with two hands, so try to imagine how skillful is what that number 10 guy did there of throwing an underhand rever pass with one hand while falling down.

Underhanded spirals or not, a "long" pass in Rugby is about 10 yards. Flutie's pass was about 60. Moreover, Rugby players don't have to deal with opposing players trying to knock down their passes (I'm basic enough to know that knock downs are illegal in rugby). They don't have to pass with anywhere near the same precision, executing a pass through a small window to prevent the cornerback from defending/intercepting the pass. They don't have to read for multiple options zigzagging 10, 20, and 30 yards downfield all at the same time.

Rugby passing isn't in the same universe as QB passing. It's why QBs are the most valuable commodity in sports.

Again, I'll agree the skill demands are higher in rugby in general, football is highly specialized game with many positions that don't require much skill, but when you average it out over all the positions, football is the more demanding game overall.

For the record, I do think the study overrates football. Baseball and basketball have a much higher learning curve. The QB position is the only thing more difficult than any one position in baseball and basketball.

midnightpulp
08-04-2017, 05:10 PM

Mid I am a fan tbh but you know nothing at all about rugby.. stay away from it brah

When's the last time a rugby player has caught a 60mph bullet while running full speed over the middle while a CB is breathing down his neck and another player is barreling right toward him?

Mark Celibate
08-04-2017, 10:15 PM

that's three straight posts with nothing but hot air and emoticons...how about you step up and prove him wrong, brah? He's got a point. maybe not as clear cut as one might teenk

faggy opinion + certainty = ...

Kyle Orton
08-04-2017, 11:40 PM
that's three straight posts with nothing but hot air and emoticons...how about you step up and prove him wrong, brah? He's got a point. maybe not as clear cut as one might teenk

faggy opinion + certainty = ...

Oh! I'm uncertain if he cares to converse with the lead athletic director

after det one

FkLA
08-04-2017, 11:59 PM
You know what else takes a lot of skill and is really difficulty?

sDMhbcOGSkk

Maybe we can get some pool fans in here arguing about how much of a "sport" their game is too.

midnightpulp
08-05-2017, 03:15 AM

sDMhbcOGSkk

Maybe we can get some pool fans in here arguing about how much of a "sport" their game is too.

I play pool at a pretty high level. Local hall down the street was ran by Mexican legend Francisco Galindo. Saw him play Keith McCready, former number one player in the world, for 20 thousand. Now that I got my "cred" out of the way, yes, it is a sport.

Anything in which physical execution is just as important as mental execution (i.e. strategy) is a sport. You can't arbitrarily set the number of "athletic" events you want to see in a sport and then define or dismiss based on that criteria. I can say, "they don't run around in full team volleyball, its cardio demands are just a little over walking, (180 calories in 30 minutes. You burn about 140 in 30 min at a brisk pace), it's a non-contact sport, so therefore I deem it not a sport!"

Number of athletic events is meaningless. They occur, and when they do occur, you need world class athleticism to meet their meet their demands (any sport at the pro level).

And what is an "athletic event" anyway? Another arbitrary determination based on taste. Nailing a 150 yard golf shot from the rough, fading it around a tree, and landing it 5 feet from the pin is just as "athletic" as some action that requires "running around."

Your logic is pretty terrible.

spurraider21
08-05-2017, 03:48 AM
That's Apo kneeling there between me and Midnight, taking his L's.
lol fantasizing about having men all over ur dick

Clipper Nation
08-05-2017, 08:29 AM

sDMhbcOGSkk

Pool is more of a sport than povertyball, tbh.

lefty
08-05-2017, 10:07 AM
When's the last time a rugby player has caught a 60mph bullet while running full speed over the middle while a CB is breathing down his neck and another player is barreling right toward him?

They can't do that without all the protection, helmets and steroids tbh

FkLA
08-05-2017, 06:46 PM
I play pool at a pretty high level. Local hall down the street was ran by Mexican legend Francisco Galindo. Saw him play Keith McCready, former number one player in the world, for 20 thousand. Now that I got my "cred" out of the way, yes, it is a sport.

Anything in which physical execution is just as important as mental execution (i.e. strategy) is a sport. You can't arbitrarily set the number of "athletic" events you want to see in a sport and then define or dismiss based on that criteria. I can say, "they don't run around in full team volleyball, its cardio demands are just a little over walking, (180 calories in 30 minutes. You burn about 140 in 30 min at a brisk pace), it's a non-contact sport, so therefore I deem it not a sport!"

Number of athletic events is meaningless. They occur, and when they do occur, you need world class athleticism to meet their meet their demands (any sport at the pro level).

And what is an "athletic event" anyway? Another arbitrary determination based on taste. Nailing a 150 yard golf shot from the rough, fading it around a tree, and landing it 5 feet from the pin is just as "athletic" as some action that requires "running around."

Your logic is pretty terrible.

:lol No. You are the one trying redefine what the definition of a sport or athlete is. Every definition out there has some variation of exercise/physical exertion/stamina in it.

I love playing pool too but just like fatball it isn't a real sport. Skill and difficulty alone doesn't make something a sport.

BD24
08-05-2017, 07:03 PM

It's over. Give up.
and how tiring can soccer be if you have the energy to give a double handie after a game

midnightpulp
08-05-2017, 07:18 PM
:lol No. You are the one trying redefine what the definition of a sport or athlete is. Every definition out there has some variation of exercise/physical exertion/stamina in it.

I love playing pool too but just like fatball it isn't a real sport. Skill and difficulty alone doesn't make something a sport.

:lol I'm the one trying to redefine what a sport is.

The Olympic committee agrees with me, since "non-stamina" sports like 100m, shooting, archery, shotput, discus, javelin, short course swimming, diving, long jump, high jump, triple jump, weightlifting, golf are all Olympic sports. The event which declares "the greatest athlete in the world" features 8 sports where stamina isn't the least bit important. And even the decathlon's big stamina events are merely the 400m and the mile. Nothing too taxing.

Sport is generally recognised as system of activities which are based in physical athleticism or physical dexterity, with the largest major competitions such as the Olympic Games admitting only sports meeting this definition,[3]

Skill and difficulty alone certainly make something a sport if that skill and difficulty is based around physical execution, and baseball is probably the most difficult here, evidenced by the fact of how long prospects need to spend in the lower leagues. Only like 3 players from the 2015 draft have played in the MLB. 27 from the 2015 NBA draft have played in the NBA.

BTW, fatball is a real sport. Some can make the argument it isn't since it's the only sport out there where all the players don't have to play both offense and defense, but that's kind of a silly argument, like the s-s-stamina argument. Fatball also isn't an Olympic sport...

Brazil
08-05-2017, 07:35 PM
:lol I'm not gonna argue with somebody who thinks American football is more demanding than rugby or demands more skills... silly people. None of the Americans in this thread know just the beginning of rugby rules neither watch a game in their lifes...

carry on tho

midnightpulp
08-05-2017, 07:42 PM
:lol I'm not gonna argue with somebody who thinks American football is more demanding than rugby or demands more skills... silly people. None of the Americans in this thread know just the beginning of rugby rules neither watch a game in their lifes...

carry on tho

:lol It's cause you know you don't have an argument.

Rugby certainly require a lot more endurance and kicking acumen. Other than that, what do you got?

Brazil
08-05-2017, 07:50 PM
:lol It's cause you know you don't have an argument.

Rugby certainly require a lot more endurance and kicking acumen. Other than that, what do you got?

Brah I played 15 years rugby and contrary to you I know both sport... you know jack shit about rugby. You need skills a lot of them to play rugby. Start with the numbers 9 and 10, you need more skills to play those two positions than a QB so when you start to do the average for an entire team... it's not even close. :lol silly Americans

midnightpulp
08-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Brah I played 15 years rugby and contrary to you I know both sport... you know jack shit about rugby. You need skills a lot of them to play rugby. Start with the numbers 9 and 10, you need more skills to play those two positions than a QB so when you start to do the average for an entire team... it's not even close. :lol silly Americans

Did you play football at at least the level of a United States high school?

You might've played in France, but that's not a good gauge of what skills football demands since French football players probably can't throw a ball 20 yards :lol

Mark Celibate
08-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Oh! I'm uncertain if he cares to converse with the lead athletic director

after det one
sup Kyle?

Can't believe Fabbs did that to you and your girl, man. That was messed up

Kyle Orton
08-06-2017, 01:00 AM
sup Kyle?

Can't believe Fabbs did that to you and your girl, man. That was messed up

tbh gonna fight that niggar at the next basketball gtg

Brazil
08-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Did you play football at at least the level of a United States high school?

You might've played in France, but that's not a good gauge of what skills football demands since French football players probably can't throw a ball 20 yards :lol

I never played American football seriously just for fun. We used to play a bit of it to diversify rugby training especially for run, take the holes in opponent defense, this kind of stuff.

What I'm saying is that I'm following football, watching games, practice a bit etc which is already much more than you know about rugby. I do like US football tbh but rugby is a much more demanding sport and in terms of skills I'm sorry but it's much more complete than US football.

If in this whole back and forth your interst about rugby is triggered it's already nice, very underrated sport tbh

Mark Celibate
08-07-2017, 08:07 PM
I never played American football seriously just for fun. We used to play a bit of it to diversify rugby training especially for run, take the holes in opponent defense, this kind of stuff.

What I'm saying is that I'm following football, watching games, practice a bit etc which is already much more than you know about rugby. I do like US football tbh but rugby is a much more demanding sport and in terms of skills I'm sorry but it's much more complete than US football.

If in this whole back and forth your interst about rugby is triggered it's already nice, very underrated sport tbh

>plays in two-hand touch backyard, beer league with other overweight beaners
>makes him knowledgeable on playing full pads with lightning quick, 270 pound nigs running at you full speed

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/Laughing_Marx.jpg