PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why the left establishment makes "vax vs anti-vax" a left vs right issue

UNT Eagles 2016
08-01-2017, 06:01 PM
When it's clearly not. Most right establishment and people on the right are for responsible vaxxing. It's the ultra organic hippies and extreme libertarians who don't, the same who often don't eat meat, eggs not marked cage-free or any vegetables without an organic stamp of approval. Chipotle is a religion, not a restaurant. It's okay to dye my hair bright pink but NO MAKEUP THAT CAUSES LYMPHOMA! Cigarettes are awful but weed is perfectly healthy, etc.

And the majority of those either stay home or vote liberal, if not for the Democratic candidate then the green party or libertarian candidate for sure.

RandomGuy
08-02-2017, 10:20 AM
When it's clearly not. Most right establishment and people on the right are for responsible vaxxing. It's the ultra organic hippies and extreme libertarians who don't, the same who often don't eat meat, eggs not marked cage-free or any vegetables without an organic stamp of approval. Chipotle is a religion, not a restaurant. It's okay to dye my hair bright pink but NO MAKEUP THAT CAUSES LYMPHOMA! Cigarettes are awful but weed is perfectly healthy, etc.

And the majority of those either stay home or vote liberal, if not for the Democratic candidate then the green party or libertarian candidate for sure.

Both ends have their nutters. This is definitely a case where the traditional left-right thing doesn't work.

An issue of stupidity that transcends our normal definitions.

Maybe Macron is on to something.

rjv
08-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Both ends have their nutters. This is definitely a case where the traditional left-right thing doesn't work.

An issue of stupidity that transcends our normal definitions.

indeed. right wing contributors to the spectrum include michelle bachmann, alex jones and even trump and DeVos. Not to mention all those christian science folk.

Blake
08-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Does op have a specific example or is this just him taking out his frustrations on a strawman

rjv
08-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Does op have a specific example or is this just him taking out his frustrations on a strawman yeah, op-ed vents frustration at irresponsible generalizations through the use of such a generalization.

Adam Lambert
08-02-2017, 11:31 AM
wake us up when a lib vaccine skeptic gets voted into the presidency by liberals

Blake
08-02-2017, 12:22 PM
It's okay to dye my hair bright pink but NO MAKEUP THAT CAUSES LYMPHOMA!

I haven't looked but I bet you could find lymphoma free makeup to go with your pink hair, imo