PDA

View Full Version : 2017-18 NBA Schedule

Spurtacular
08-07-2017, 03:31 AM
Hearing it could come out this week. This is about the time the upcoming season become reality for me. I predict GS and Houston for the opener and not SA like last season. Will Min or LAL be the NOL of last season and get something like 18 nationally televised games? Will the Spurs have a soft end of the schedule? We'll see....

http://247sports.com/Bolt/2017-18-NBA-schedule-expected-to-be-released-in-the-coming-week-105820856

Skoobz
08-07-2017, 03:51 AM
:flag::lobt::bobo

cutewizard
08-07-2017, 04:34 AM
:bobo

UNT Eagles 2016
08-07-2017, 07:45 PM
:bobo
Does that mean... Go Jazz Go?

Spurtacular
08-10-2017, 06:19 PM
https://twitter.com/search?q=nba+schedule&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Ese arch

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG5nrXEW0AEr2dQ.jpg

TheGreatYacht
08-10-2017, 06:21 PM
This has been discussed in the offseason thread, attention whore.

Spurtacular
08-10-2017, 06:22 PM
This has been discussed in the offseason thread.

Obviously, this deserves its own thread.

Spurtacular
08-10-2017, 06:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG5n2DtXoAAeHdS.jpg

Spurtacular
08-10-2017, 06:40 PM
After a series of high-profile players didn't play in major matchups last season.... (link)
(http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20286965/nba-issues-memo-detailing-how-add-rest-schedule)

Ice009
08-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Since the season now starts earlier (which is great), does that mean training camp also starts earlier? Does TC start mid-September instead of Oct. 1st now?

Spurs9
08-14-2017, 05:33 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule
Its out.

Dex
08-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Just gave it a quick browse. Looks fairly even overall. Pretty smooth start to the season. Much easier schedule to end the season than last year, team-wise anyways. Only 12 B2Bs by my count :wow and most of those come early in the season. :tu

3 of our matchups with GSW don't happen until after Feb 10th, with 2 being in March. That's kinda lame. Guess we will see what the landscape of the league looks like at that time.

tbdog
08-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Just gave it a quick browse. Looks fairly even overall. Pretty smooth start to the season. Much easier schedule to end the season than last year, team-wise anyways. Only 12 B2Bs by my count :wow and most of those come early in the season. :tu

3 of our matchups with GSW don't happen until after Feb 10th, with 2 being in March. That's kinda lame. Guess we will see what the landscape of the league looks like at that time.

Parker will be back dominanting by then.

Spurtacular
08-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Parker will be back dominanting by then.

Or he'll be exposed. He's old and coming back from major injury.

DenialTwist
08-15-2017, 04:13 AM
Even the NBA predicts Warriors/Rockets in the WCF as shown in the opening game.

Spurtacular
08-15-2017, 06:39 AM

Spurtacular
08-15-2017, 06:40 AM

Fireball
08-15-2017, 09:40 AM
So here is my breakdown ... only 14 b2bs ... in general the Spurs lose their advantage of earlier years because teams with shorter rotations have more rest time now.

October 2017: 6-1
Easy start into the season which will make the Spurs look strong in the Power Rankings. Minnesota will be tough this season, but the Spurs normally start with a W! Raptors at home is a win as well. Only loss against the Celtics as the Spurs are on a b2b.

November 2017: 9-5
This month starts against the Warriors ... a loss of course. Next night against the Hornets I have a loss as well. Then a five game winning streak will follow until they lose in Minny on a b2b. 3rd game in 4 nights against the Thunder, so a loss as well although its at home. 1 more loss against the Pelicans (Spurs always struggle there), but otherwise they pick up wins.

December 2017: 8-8
The final month of 2017 does not look good. We start with a win in the Grindhouse. A loss at OKC is a given most of the time. This also starts the 5 games in 7 nights stretch and I think losses will come against the Celtics and in Phoenix a night later. After a win against the Mavs the losses pile up in Houston, Dallas and even against the Clips at home. I only see them winning against the Blazers, Nets, Knicks and Pistons to end the year on a positive note.

January 2018: 12-4
Things turn around in January. Another 5 game in 7 night stretch to start, thats why I envision losses against the 76ers and Kings (both on b2bs). After picking up 4 wins in a row against mediocre teams, a loss will come in Toronto. Spurs will beat the Cavs at home, but then comes the occasional loss at the Grindhouse even if Z-Bo is not playing there anymore. Spurs end the month with 3 more wins.

February 2018: 6-3
Not many games because of the All-Star break. First time in some time we do not play the Clips after the break. Losses will come against Houston, at Golden State and at Cleveland.

March 2018: 7-7
Like December March looks tough ... after winning two at home the Spurs have to go against three top teams in the West (Hou, GS, OKC) ... and because all games are on the road I expect them to lose all of them. Following is a six game home stand with losses against the Timberwolves and the Warriors. They could win against Minny, but fatigue may be a factor because there are many games to be played in this month. They will struggle on the road against the Bucks and Wizards (2 more losses), before getting a nice home win against OKC.

April 2018: 6-0
If Popovich does not rest everybody, I see them finishing April without a loss in the regular season. They even beat Houston in SA.

Overall: 54-28
Well, thats the same prediction as BR had. I think its a fair game when no major player gets injured. I have no wins against GS ... we might pick one up, but then we will lose against a crappy EC team which will set this off.

BillMc
08-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Thanks formthe analysis.:toast I'd hope for more like 58 wins. Think we won't get swept by the Celtics for example and probably take 1 from Dubs. Essentially same team as last year.

So here is my breakdown ... only 14 b2bs ... in general the Spurs lose their advantage of earlier years because teams with shorter rotations have more rest time now.

October 2017: 6-1
Easy start into the season which will make the Spurs look strong in the Power Rankings. Minnesota will be tough this season, but the Spurs normally start with a W! Raptors at home is a win as well. Only loss against the Celtics as the Spurs are on a b2b.

November 2017: 9-5
This month starts against the Warriors ... a loss of course. Next night against the Hornets I have a loss as well. Then a five game winning streak will follow until they lose in Minny on a b2b. 3rd game in 4 nights against the Thunder, so a loss as well although its at home. 1 more loss against the Pelicans (Spurs always struggle there), but otherwise they pick up wins.

December 2017: 8-8
The final month of 2017 does not look good. We start with a win in the Grindhouse. A loss at OKC is a given most of the time. This also starts the 5 games in 7 nights stretch and I think losses will come against the Celtics and in Phoenix a night later. After a win against the Mavs the losses pile up in Houston, Dallas and even against the Clips at home. I only see them winning against the Blazers, Nets, Knicks and Pistons to end the year on a positive note.

January 2018: 12-4
Things turn around in January. Another 5 game in 7 night stretch to start, thats why I envision losses against the 76ers and Kings (both on b2bs). After picking up 4 wins in a row against mediocre teams, a loss will come in Toronto. Spurs will beat the Cavs at home, but then comes the occasional loss at the Grindhouse even if Z-Bo is not playing there anymore. Spurs end the month with 3 more wins.
February 2018: 6-3
Not many games because of the All-Star break. First time in some time we do not play the Clips after the break. Losses will come against Houston, at Golden State and at Cleveland.

March 2018: 7-7
Like December March looks tough ... after winning two at home the Spurs have to go against three top teams in the West (Hou, GS, OKC) ... and because all games are on the road I expect them to lose all of them. Following is a six game home stand with losses against the Timberwolves and the Warriors. They could win against Minny, but fatigue may be a factor because there are many games to be played in this month. They will struggle on the road against the Bucks and Wizards (2 more losses), before getting a nice home win against OKC.

April 2018: 6-0
If Popovich does not rest everybody, I see them finishing April without a loss in the regular season. They even beat Houston in SA.

Overall: 54-28
Well, thats the same prediction as BR had. I think its a fair game when no major player gets injured. I have no wins against GS ... we might pick one up, but then we will lose against a crappy EC team which will set this off.

RD2191
08-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Any recommendations (legal) on how to watch Spurs games with no cable? I'm thinking of cutting the cord. The only reason I have cable is to watch the Spurs.

BillMc
08-15-2017, 05:43 PM
Any recommendations (legal) on how to watch Spurs games with no cable? I'm thinking of cutting the cord. The only reason I have cable is to watch the Spurs.
Stream it from Reddit. I do that in Europe.

Ice009
08-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Stream it from Reddit. I do that in Europe.

How do the streams on Reddit work? Do you have to be there live to watch them I assume? You can't watch them later on after the game is over, can you?

BillMc
08-15-2017, 10:54 PM
How do the streams on Reddit work? Do you have to be there live to watch them I assume? You can't watch them later on after the game is over, can you?

I am not too tecchnical. I just watch them live. Never considered watching them later so I don't know. Sorry. Some games are on youtube the next day.

Spurtacular
08-16-2017, 01:00 AM

Pay $120 for the team option on your computer, tablet, or stick.

Fireball
08-16-2017, 01:39 AM
Thanks formthe analysis.:toast I'd hope for more like 58 wins. Think we won't get swept by the Celtics for example and probably take 1 from Dubs. Essentially same team as last year.

Yeah, but as I said then we will lose some other games we counted on ... probably in New York or Chicago. Problem is we are not the same team as last year. We lost Dedmon and *already forgot his name* ... Pau and Manu are another year older ... TP will not play for a large part of the season ... we do not know how Rudy Gay will work out ... Murray looked awful in SL ... only another huge step of Kawhi to become the best player in the league will make us win 58 games.