PDA

View Full Version : Bowen thinks Ginobili has been selfish in 2006

Brazil
08-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Bruce spent a bit of time in France in July and I had missed one of his interview that I just read today.

Interviewer: Do you consider Manu Ginobili foul on Nowitzki is the toughest moment of your career ?

Bruce: It still hurts... When Pop asked for a time out, we are 3 points ahead IIRC, Pop insists to not foul Dirk in the post. I defend him and as expected he goes to the rim and then I see Manu arriving. You know like in the movies in slow motion, I think to myself he is not going to foul him but referee blows the whistle... and one. Oh well you know, it's Ginobili, he wanted the glory too in those moments... :wow...

"Mais bon, c’est Ginobili, il voulait aussi la gloire dans ces moments-là"

A question later this quote about Parker: "I often use Parker as an example because he has been drafted late and look at what he became. He was good obviously but he became stronger working (his ass off)"

And yet here on ST... the narrative is opposite... Parker is the selfish dude and Ginobili the unselfish working hard dude :rolleyes I wonder why tbh...

DMC
08-08-2017, 09:09 AM
I'd bet Bruce is being misinterpreted.

Brazil
08-08-2017, 09:11 AM
I'd bet Bruce is being misinterpreted.

I bet not, Bruce speaks quite well French

there is no misinterpretation

Fireball
08-08-2017, 09:30 AM
then he is an asshole

daledondale
08-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Parker fans trying to make Manu look like selfish. :lol
Manu always want glory but for the TEAM.

Canyonero
08-08-2017, 09:35 AM
:lol OP interpreting what Bowen said

Brazil
08-08-2017, 09:38 AM

:lol OP interpreting what Bowen said

:lol Mexicans playing the white knights as usual
:lol shooting the messenger
:lol Bruce Parker fan

SpursforSix
08-08-2017, 09:44 AM
I bet not, Bruce speaks quite well French

there is no misinterpretation

Bullshit. No matter how well he speaks French, he's going to choose the wrong word from time to time and not understand the nuance.

RD2191
08-08-2017, 09:51 AM
I'd take Manu over porker any day of the week, 24/7, 365.

couchman
08-08-2017, 09:51 AM
It really depends on how he said it. If he said it with a stern look on his face, or if he was smiling or laughing... makes a big difference.

SpursforSix
08-08-2017, 09:55 AM

Well duh. In their prime, Manu could do 95% of the things Parker could do. Plus he could shoot the 3, pass, and play good D.

Phenomanul
08-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Bruce spent a bit of time in France in July and I had missed one of his interview that I just read today.

Interviewer: Do you consider Manu Ginobili foul on Nowitzki is the toughest moment of your career ?

Bruce: It still hurts... When Pop asked for a time out, we are 3 points ahead IIRC, Pop insists to not foul Dirk in the post. I defend him and as expected he goes to the rim and then I see Manu arriving. You know like in the movies in slow motion, I think to myself he is not going to foul him but referee blows the whistle... and one. Oh well you know, it's Ginobili, he wanted the glory too in those moments... :wow...

A question later this quote about Parker: "I often use Parker as an example because he has been drafted late and look at what he became. He was good obviously but he became stronger working (his ass off)"

And yet here on ST... the narrative is opposite... Parker is the selfish dude and Ginobili the unselfish working hard dude :rolleyes I wonder why tbh...

The narrative that Parker is "selfish" comes from egregious examples that cannot be swept under the rug.

1) As a point guard Parker's usage rate is high - so it comes with the territory to hog the ball. This fact only lends itself to perception one way or the other.

2) Manu relinquished a starting gig for the sake of the team - pretty much for the entirety of his career. Parker has always been a starter and stated how important playing time is for him.

3) Parker selfishly adulterated with Brent Barry's wife despite the fact that he would break two households for it. This is selfish no matter how you slice it.

4) Parker begrudgingly told Miami to quit leaving Danny open, because he was stealing all the glory in the 2013 Finals. Last three games Miami adjusted and Danny was neutralized.

5) Where is that GIF of Parker upset at Danny for making a game tying 3 pointer while Parker was benched. There is no equivalent GIF of Ginobili behaving that way against his teammates.

Anyways LOL for failing to understand Bruce Bowen's facetious nature. LOL at thinking he is making a serious accusation of some sort.

Capt Bringdown
08-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Reckless play is not about helping the team win, it's about self-aggrandizement. That's Manu's MO.

Chinook
08-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Nothing biased about the reading of those examples. Nothing at all.

Phenomanul
08-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Reckless play is not about helping the team win, it's about self-aggrandizement. That's Manu's MO.

Tell that to Manu's left testicle. Or any number of lesions accrued over the years while sacrificing his body for the team.

Phenomanul
08-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Nothing biased about the reading of those examples. Nothing at all.

Ok... let's single out just number 3.

Defend it.

Phenomanul
08-08-2017, 10:37 AM
For the record I was an avid fan of Parker's game. Never once have I referred to him as "Porker" or called him "Enrique" (aside from the confines of this - as written statement of observation).

Player fans annoy me.

I'm simply trying to explain why people have cast that selfish mantle over Parker.

ALSO, you all are collectively missing the point.

Bruce was being facetious - as in - tongue-in-cheek with that comment.

It's grasping at straws to try and make a serious accusation out of it - an observation which eluded Brazil and now every Parker defender that's come in here trying to paint the narrative that this site "is so unfair to Parker..."

Canyonero
08-08-2017, 11:16 AM

:lol http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/flags/France.gif

:lol using this to defend TP
:lol Eder

Brazil
08-08-2017, 11:20 AM
:lol people making assumptions about Bruce being facetious, say who ?

Anybody has a doubt that Pop urged his men to not foul Dirk ? anybody has a doubt about the fact Manu made a bonehead play not respecting coach request ? Bruce just gave his pov about the why... Bruce likes Manu very much obviously, he just gave his pov about why Manu did not listen his coach.

Next sentence he said: " il s’est bien rattrapé l’année suivante. " meaning he did make up for it next year.

In a nutshell Manu like anybody makes mistakes for sometimes selfish reasons... shit happens... does not make Manu a bad person. Just give a different perspective about the unselfish Manu and Porker the bad guy.

Brazil
08-08-2017, 11:21 AM
:lol http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/flags/France.gif

:lol using this to defend TP
:lol Eder

:cry he did it for the team :cry

dbreiden83080
08-08-2017, 11:26 AM
The Manu foul on Dirk was the single biggest brain cramp he ever had.. Cost us a back to back for sure..

Chinook
08-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Ok... let's single out just number 3.

Defend it.

Easily. It's irrelevant.

Prose
08-08-2017, 11:37 AM
i love manu but i am still holding on to that foul....we were down 3-1 that series....were down the entire game....finally drag our selfs back to take the lead for the first time in the game and the series and then manu fouled....i mean he was hyped hitting that 3 but still huts. just imagine if we had won in 03' (04'fisher) 05'(06'manu foul) 07'

101A
08-08-2017, 12:02 PM

Lots of time on the clock after that foul. Had he not? 1 point game, Spurs shooting freethrows. Certainly not a guaranteed win (Hell, "6" was a lot more sure than that). Stupid play, but neither of the players are selfish. Manu never started, and Parker's been great. This narrative is old, tired and stupid. Going to miss the crap out of both of those guys, and what they have helped make the Spurs over the last 2 or three generations (in basketball terms).

Canyonero
08-08-2017, 12:06 PM
:cry he did it for the team :cry

:worthy: sacrified his testicle for the team

Horse
08-08-2017, 12:19 PM
I'd say he's at times a high risk high reward player not selfish.

bklynspursfan
08-08-2017, 12:22 PM
would need to hear how he said it honestly...

it's like TD saying what he did about Horry in an 05 press conference about how he doesn't want to do anything all year, or show up until the playoffs come around (or something to that effect)

tmtcsc
08-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Bruce better stay in his lane. What an asinine thing to say about a teammate and future Hall of Fame'r.

Manu scored 19 of his 23 pts in the second half, hit big shot after big shot, including the 3 that gave the Spurs the lead & didn't miss a FT in the game. Dude was devastated for fouling Dirk and inconsolable afterwards. Somehow, Bruce Bowen says Manu just wanted the glory? Manu was in a frenzy of competitiveness and made a bad play. End of story. You live and die with Manu being Manu. FUCK Bowen for not doing a better job on Dirk who had 37 points & while we're at it, fuck Robert Horry and his 2 pts too. What assholes.

tmtcsc
08-08-2017, 12:25 PM
would need to hear how he said it honestly...

it's like TD saying what he did about Horry in an 05 press conference about how he doesn't want to do anything all year, or show up until the playoffs come around (or something to that effect)

That was true tbh - no matter how it was said. Horry knows it too.

bklynspursfan
08-08-2017, 12:41 PM
That was true tbh - no matter how it was said. Horry knows it too.

Haha, for sure. But just an example like if it was quoted by TD then without context.. Cause he said it knowing Horry was right behind him up next for his interview, and they laughed about it.

Dex
08-08-2017, 12:49 PM
You live by the Manu, and die by the Manu.

2006 and 2013 were examples of when the Spurs died by the Manu. 2005 and 2014 are examples of when they lived by him.

SAGirl
08-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Manu foul on dirk... it still hurts he said...
definite low point tbh. I don't know how that can be defended.

Phenomanul
08-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Easily. It's irrelevant.

Side-step duly noted.

The adultery sexting scandal (with a teammate's wife, no less) still tarnishes the perception that fans have of Parker. Love it or hate it, that's the way it is. Much like rape allegations tarnished Kobe's reputation.

Chinook
08-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Side-step duly noted.

The adultery sexting scandal (with a teammate's wife, no less) still tarnishes the perception that fans have of Parker. Love it or hate it, that's the way it is. Much like rape allegations tarnished Kobe's reputation.

Karl Malone raped a child. Has nothing to do with how he played. You brought up an irrelevant point and tried to make it the centerpiece of your argument. Parker had a "textual affair" with an former teammate's wife. PG slept with the significant others of multiple teams. Neither affects their on-court disposition, but at least in PG's case you could say that he didn't care about chemistry.

pad300
08-08-2017, 01:12 PM
The Manu foul on Dirk was the single biggest brain cramp he ever had.. Cost us a back to back for sure..

Can we kill this stupid belief once and for all - it was a brain cramp, but what cost us a back to back was the refs. There is no question Manu fouled Dirk and it was dumb! However, we had a possession left before OT. We went down the floor, and the Mavs committed 2 fouls contesting the initial shot, and 3 more fouls stopping TD from putting it back, none of which were called. That's on the refs for calling it at one end, and not at the other...

SpursforSix
08-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Can we kill this stupid belief once and for all - it was a brain cramp, but what cost us a back to back was the refs. There is no question Manu fouled Dirk and it was dumb! However, we had a possession left before OT. We went down the floor, and the Mavs committed 2 fouls contesting the initial shot, and 3 more fouls stopping TD from putting it back, none of which were called. That's on the refs for calling it at one end, and not at the other...

No...as much as I like Manu, he fucked it up. Can't control the refs. But you can control not fouling Dirk when he's got an easy layup.

Brazil
08-08-2017, 01:45 PM
:worthy: sacrified his testicle for the team

:lol true tbh...

:bobo

diego
08-08-2017, 01:45 PM

The Spurs shit the bed in the first half (as they did in games 2-4), and there was an OT after the foul that "cost the b2b" where they fell apart as well.

Most everyone mentions manus 3 prior to the foul giving us iirc our first lead of the game... But rarely do people remember manus brilliant game 6 (30 pts on 14 attempts, 10 boards), with timmy in foul trouble and Tony shitting the bed (8 pts on 15 shots).

It's funny when Tony fans talk shit about the foul, when Tony took 38 more shots than Manu in 25 more minutes played, with terrible percentages (42/0/75), out assisted by Duncan over the series and out played in several games by sophomore devin harris, but apparently the take away is that Manu is selfish

But yeah the league screwed us that year, first with seeding (mavs 4 seed with like 60 wins, both suns and nuggets were way below but won divisions), then with refereeing, mavs fans always point to Spurs higher fta total but the Mavs were jumpshooting pussies while that particular Spurs team was along with 05 the best at relentlessly attacking the rim

Brazil
08-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Lots of time on the clock after that foul. Had he not? 1 point game, Spurs shooting freethrows. Certainly not a guaranteed win (Hell, "6" was a lot more sure than that). Stupid play, but neither of the players are selfish. Manu never started, and Parker's been great. This narrative is old, tired and stupid. Going to miss the crap out of both of those guys, and what they have helped make the Spurs over the last 2 or three generations (in basketball terms).

it's offseason, try to not derail threads with reasonable takes and stuff tbh... :lol

cd98
08-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Can't wait for football season to start.

dabom
08-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Did bowen say anything about Team-Wife-Fucker? :lol

Brazil
08-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Did bowen say anything about Team-Wife-Fucker? :lol

:lol gonna be hard to find anything negative about Parker from Bowen...

They are very good friends, Bruce considers Tony has his little brother and they do business together...

dabom
08-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Bowen should thank Manu for any rings he has. :lol

And come on dude, no link?..

Chinook
08-08-2017, 02:34 PM

They are very good friends, Bruce considers Tony has his little brother and they do business together...

Are you saying Bruce had a go at Erin too?

Phenomanul
08-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Karl Malone raped a child. Has nothing to do with how he played. You brought up an irrelevant point and tried to make it the centerpiece of your argument. Parker had a "textual affair" with an former teammate's wife. PG slept with the significant others of multiple teams. Neither affects their on-court disposition, but at least in PG's case you could say that he didn't care about chemistry.

Which brings us RIGHT back to the question of "why fans think that Parker is selfish..." Brazil asked, I simply stated some reasons of why that would be the case. Again, you are barking up the wrong tree. I valued Parker's contributions as much as any "Parker fan".

The key point is that Bruce is being candid, but it's also apparent that he is being facetious. People in here trying to stir the pot to suggest he has a gripe against Ginobili. Ginobili will never forgive himself for that moment, but let's not pretend the seven game series dwindled down to that one play. Duncan was relentlessly hacked by Nowitzki and Dampier on the following play and the refs swallowed their whistle. That series was officiated very poorly. And of course Pop wasn't going to grind that axe with the refs post game.

DMC
08-08-2017, 03:25 PM

Well if Tony has Bruce's brother, that could be extortion or even blackmail.

Keepin' it real
08-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Bowen thinks Manu selfish in 2006

Man, what year is it?

sananspursfan21
08-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Aggravating to read this because I too thought that Bowen had it all by himself. I know this is a "grass is green" statement, but it shouldn't have happened. Possibly had another ring had that not happened

Brazil
08-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Which brings us RIGHT back to the question of "why fans think that Parker is selfish..." Brazil asked, I simply stated some reasons of why that would be the case. Again, you are barking up the wrong tree. I valued Parker's contributions as much as any "Parker fan".

The key point is that Bruce is being candid, but it's also apparent that he is being facetious. People in here trying to stir the pot to suggest he has a gripe against Ginobili. Ginobili will never forgive himself for that moment, but let's not pretend the seven game series dwindled down to that one play. Duncan was relentlessly hacked by Nowitzki and Dampier on the following play and the refs swallowed their whistle. That series was officiated very poorly. And of course Pop wasn't going to grind that axe with the refs post game.

:lol sorry bro topic is about basketball not some gossips about horny messages between two adults tbh...

Brazil
08-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Bowen should thank Manu for any rings he has. :lol

And come on dude, no link?..

:lol you know me better... you think I would create this thread without the link ? silly you...

and again Bruce is thankful as Spurs are thankful to Bruce contribution...

Quadzilla99
08-08-2017, 04:36 PM
If pop did stress it that much in the timeout then it really is true. no other reason for him to do something that stupid than trying to be the hero

tonight...you
08-08-2017, 04:46 PM
#Selfish
https://68.media.tumblr.com/b8cbfcdc644a51784ea2f79c4660e961/tumblr_opqr99rx3p1u2klrwo1_400.gif

tonight...you
08-08-2017, 04:49 PM
#Selfish
https://68.media.tumblr.com/b8cbfcdc644a51784ea2f79c4660e961/tumblr_opqr99rx3p1u2klrwo1_400.gif
I didn't even notice this before, but at the very end of that gif- Simmons trips over his own feet trying to get to Anderson who would have had an open 3. Lol.

tonight...you
08-08-2017, 04:50 PM
I didn't even notice this before, but at the very end of that gif- Simmons trips over his own feet trying to get to Anderson who would have had an open 3. Lol.
Ah shit no! He trips over Patty's foot! lol! Dammit Patty! If you can't play D, at least let your teammates do their thing!

TheGreatYacht
08-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Fitting that Bruce dropped this Truth Nuke on Manure the same day Trump threatens to nuke Kim Jong Un.

Manure has cost this team 3 titles at least, and this team would be zero titles short without that role player. Those are just the facts.

Manure is the Jay Cutler of basketball. Both turnover machines and egotistical fucks. Their slurpers claim they have "heart" & a "great arm" only because they pull off a fluky pass every now and then... after throwing 8 turnovers in the process

Play Boban
08-08-2017, 04:52 PM
If Manu didn't hit the prior three, the Spurs would have never been up tbh.

tonight...you
08-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Fitting that Bruce dropped this Truth Nuke on Manure the same day Trump threatens to nuke Kim Jong Un.

Manure has cost this team 3 titles at least, and this team would be zero titles short without that role player. Those are just the facts.

Manure is the Jay Cutler of basketball. Both turnover machines and egotistical fucks. Their slurpers claim they have "heart" & a "great arm" only because they pull off a fluky pass every now and then... after throwing 8 turnovers in the process
Love ya, but you're stale as shit now. Time to reposition yourself like Apo. You're going the way of Kool: That guy has severely diminished with his staleness and you're following suit.

Would hate to see that in a poster like yourself, tbh.

dbreiden83080
08-08-2017, 04:54 PM

It took a lot to go against us for that 06 team to not win it all.. Best Prime Duncan team by far to not win the championship..

TheGreatYacht
08-08-2017, 04:57 PM
:lmao damn :wow

spurs10
08-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Thank you! Dirk has said 'he was intentionally tying to foul Tim.' The foul called on Manu was because he touched Dirk where all the fouls not called in the last play where obvious and hard fouls. Again, we aren't in that game without Manu's play.

lefty
08-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Bruce better stay in his lane. What an asinine thing to say about a teammate and future Hall of Fame'r.

Manu scored 19 of his 23 pts in the second half, hit big shot after big shot, including the 3 that gave the Spurs the lead & didn't miss a FT in the game. Dude was devastated for fouling Dirk and inconsolable afterwards. Somehow, Bruce Bowen says Manu just wanted the glory? Manu was in a frenzy of competitiveness and made a bad play. End of story. You live and die with Manu being Manu. FUCK Bowen for not doing a better job on Dirk who had 37 points & while we're at it, fuck Robert Horry and his 2 pts too. What assholes.

SpurOutofTownFan
08-08-2017, 06:19 PM

I didn't know you had fallen so low

SpurOutofTownFan
08-08-2017, 06:21 PM
If anything the only thing that Manu did wrong in that game was his foul on Dirk. But the Spurs didn't lose because of him. It was a goddamn collective effort to lose that game - in fact Manu had a pretty good game.

So, again, BB is a team sport. Tons of shit happens in 48 mins to chalk it all up to just one guy

ElNono
08-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Manu never shied from the big moment (glory I guess), tbh, for good or bad. I take Bruce's words in that context. As Pop said, he's learned Manu does way more good than bad...

Plus Bruce and Manu are good friends, Bruce been in Argentina quite a few times... I can see Bruce holding a grudge with Pop due to the way he left the team, but that's about it.

TL;DR: OP is a faggot Parker fluffer, article doesn't say anything about selfishness or Parker...

SpurOutofTownFan
08-08-2017, 06:28 PM

You smell of old berries. Need to ramp up your trolling. It's getting old.

Also I have to laugh at your "facts"

tonight...you
08-08-2017, 06:32 PM
You smell of old berries. Need to ramp up your trolling. It's getting old.

Also I have to laugh at your "facts"
Whoa... Deja Vu. TheGreatYacht, see what I'm saying?
You have too much mental talent to be treading water.

UZER
08-08-2017, 06:51 PM
#Selfish

Stupidly fouls Dirk, and if harden wasn't a dumbass, this one could've easily been 3 free throws. :lol

TheGreatYacht
08-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Stupidly fouls Dirk, and if harden wasn't a dumbass, this one could've easily been 3 free throws. :lol

ElNono
08-08-2017, 07:03 PM
#Selfish

The difference of making the WCF or not... glorious moment, tbh... Harden probably still sulking about it at his local strip club...

Spurtacular
08-08-2017, 07:13 PM

apalisoc_9 making it into pro Parker thread :lmao

Keepin' it real
08-08-2017, 07:22 PM

:cry

Quadzilla99
08-08-2017, 07:29 PM

So that makes the foul on Dirk okay? Even though pop told everyone 10 times in the timeout not to foul or double Nowitzki

diego
08-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Parker was so selfish that series he took 38 more shots than Manu (+40% fga in only 10% more minutes), but he was unselfish enough to stay on the bench for the last possession, so it's a tough call

gospursgojas
08-08-2017, 08:05 PM
'06 Manu game instincts are the same as '17 Manu-

2006- Foul on Dirk for And 1, lose game and chances at the one and only repeat
(I think we would have beat Miami. We were way better coached than Avery yelling at everyone 100% of the time.)

2017- Blocks Harden's three point attempt- Spurs win series

You take the good with the bad.

hater
08-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Bowen with a truthbomb

Manu cost us at least 2 championships

2013 was blatant

TheGreatYacht
08-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Bowen with a truthbomb

Manu cost us at least 4 championships

2013 was blatant

Down Under
08-09-2017, 01:46 AM

Plus the unluckiness of Duncan slowing just enough that year that he couldn't stay in front of Dirk & Bowen being too small.

Brazil
08-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Manu never shied from the big moment (glory I guess), tbh, for good or bad. I take Bruce's words in that context. As Pop said, he's learned Manu does way more good than bad...

Plus Bruce and Manu are good friends, Bruce been in Argentina quite a few times... I can see Bruce holding a grudge with Pop due to the way he left the team, but that's about it.

TL;DR: OP is a faggot Parker fluffer, article doesn't say anything about selfishness or Parker...

:lol sure brah...

Capt Bringdown
08-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Bowen with a truthbomb

Manu cost us at least 2 championships

2013 was blatant
Sorted. Last year's block on Harden was an anomaly, as Maun can be typically be counted on for brain-dead un-clutch moves. That's what happens when role players try to be heroes.

TheGreatYacht
08-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Sorted. Last year's block on Harden was an anomaly, as Maun can be typically be counted on for brain-dead un-clutch moves. That's what happens when role players try to be heroes.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-09-2017, 12:13 PM

He did the same thing with Harden this past playoffs and it worked. So if instead of the block, he gets a piece of Harden's arm and Harden converts the 4 point play and we lose, then we lose a close game 6 with no Kawhi, does everyone say "but but we would have easily beaten the Warriors and won the title in 2017 if Manu doesn't foul Harden there?"

DarrinS
08-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Parker fans are always butthurt that players and fans love Manu.

SpursforSix
08-09-2017, 01:13 PM
LOL at Harden trying to do the splits after the shot.

TheGreatYacht
08-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Parker had nothing to do with this thread but Manure fans are always thinking about him. That's true love and obsession there, old faggot.

Snaq O'Meal
08-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Parker had nothing to do with this thread but Manure fans are always thinking about him. That's true love and obsession there, old faggot.

Go read the opening post again, and this time pay specific attention to the last two paragraphs.

dbreiden83080
08-09-2017, 05:45 PM
He did the same thing with Harden this past playoffs and it worked. So if instead of the block, he gets a piece of Harden's arm and Harden converts the 4 point play and we lose, then we lose a close game 6 with no Kawhi, does everyone say "but but we would have easily beaten the Warriors and won the title in 2017 if Manu doesn't foul Harden there?"

Pop in the TO says "Don't foul him for an and 1" and he does it. He is lucky he was not traded over that shit..

TheGreatYacht
08-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Pop in the TO says "Don't foul him for an and 1" and he does it. He is lucky he was not traded over that shit..
If he was in any other city where he couldn't use that Mexican privilege, he'd be playing in the Hungarian Basketball Association.

ElNono
08-09-2017, 06:42 PM
:lol sure brah...

:lol sup brah... I'm gonna be in Sao Paulo mid-october, then probably take a quick detour to Argentina... where u at, tbh?

ElNono
08-09-2017, 06:43 PM

Go read the opening post again, and this time pay specific attention to the last two paragraphs.

gambit1990
08-09-2017, 07:06 PM
without blinking.

bdictjames
08-09-2017, 07:16 PM
I think it was just Manu's competitive nature.

Lesson learned, I guess. We wouldn't reach that far without Manu OR Parker, tbh.

gambit1990
08-09-2017, 07:34 PM
was 2006 the year manu slept with brent barry's wife?

Brazil
08-10-2017, 07:36 AM
:lol sup brah... I'm gonna be in Sao Paulo mid-october, then probably take a quick detour to Argentina... where u at, tbh?

sup m8

I'm based in Campinas (1 hour from Sao Paulo), it would be a pleasure to organize a gtg tbh in Sao Paulo. I know the good stuff there. Lemme know when you have your dates and availability

John B
08-10-2017, 08:48 AM
It's basketball game, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. If Manu made the block, it would have been a different story. If he fouled Harden taking the 3, it would have been the dumbest mistake.

MultiTroll
08-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9112224#post9112224) :lol sup brah... I'm gonna be in Sao Paulo mid-october, then probably take a quick detour to Argentina... where u at, tbh?

sup m8

I'm based in Campinas (1 hour from Sao Paulo), it would be a pleasure to organize a gtg tbh in Sao Paulo. I know the good stuff there. Lemme know when you have your dates and availability
http://cafedonuts.com.br/

Just kidding. Unless you guys want to.

Brazil
08-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9112224#post9112224) :lol sup brah... I'm gonna be in Sao Paulo mid-october, then probably take a quick detour to Argentina... where u at, tbh?

http://cafedonuts.com.br/

Just kidding. Unless you guys want to.

better like that tbh

http://www.cafephoto.com.br/

ElNono
08-10-2017, 06:36 PM
sup m8

I'll be at the Brasil Game Show (http://www.brasilgameshow.com.br/)... PM me, we can probably work something out...

Clipper Nation
08-10-2017, 08:08 PM

Clipper Nation
08-10-2017, 08:14 PM

Clipper Nation
08-10-2017, 08:15 PM

urunobili
08-11-2017, 09:29 AM
I'll be at the Brasil Game Show (http://www.brasilgameshow.com.br/)... PM me, we can probably work something out...

Nono, MASP (Museo de Arte de Sao Paulo) is one of the best things to do in town :tu

hater
08-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Troll thread of the summer

Goid job OP :lmao

Brazil
08-11-2017, 11:54 AM

U a gamer or u go for business ?

I will tbh maybe we can organize a stuff with elemento if around BrazilSpurs or something even 140 if he is not a lefty troll :lol

Brazil
08-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Troll thread of the summer

Goid job OP :lmao

Only Clitoris Nation was MIA but
he just made an appearance tbh

:lol

ElNono
08-11-2017, 09:13 PM
U a gamer or u go for business ?

I will tbh maybe we can organize a stuff with elemento if around BrazilSpurs or something even 140 if he is not a lefty troll :lol

business IMO... may be able to get you a badge if you want to stop by... let's talk about it

turkish spurs fan
08-12-2017, 08:33 AM
fake ?

therealtruth
08-13-2017, 10:50 PM
As much as people want to blame Manu that '06 series is all on Pop. Why switch away from the lineups that worked all season to matchup with the Mavs. That's why they got down in that hole in the first place.

Kyle Orton
08-13-2017, 11:00 PM
06 can also be blamed on the ownage of the big cuck by desagna diop tbh

therealtruth
08-14-2017, 08:05 PM
06 can also be blamed on the ownage of the big cuck by desagna diop tbh

And that wouldn't have happened if Pop had played Nazr more. The lineup that won 60+ games he suddenly went away from.

Play Boban
08-14-2017, 08:45 PM
:cry

Arcadian
08-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Damn, Manu is getting shit on lately. First by Horry for 2004, and now by Bowen for 2006.

Well, those were two of the worst defeats in Spurs history after all...only 2013 was worse, and Manu is partly to blame for that too :lol

davi78239
08-18-2017, 08:50 AM

I often think about this too. Im thinking this was our best chance to repeat. Im sure we cake walk Phoenix next round but would we have beaten that 06 Miami?

dbreiden83080
08-18-2017, 09:42 PM
I often think about this too. Im thinking this was our best chance to repeat. Im sure we cake walk Phoenix next round but would we have beaten that 06 Miami?

Seven game series potentially against Miami but yes I think they do win it. That is what the finals should've been. It would've been a classic series. It really is quite disgusting that we lost that series. Tim averaged 32 points a game. Tony and Manu both averaged over 20. It's crazy that we lost.

Dingle Barry
08-19-2017, 05:02 AM

Cette.