PDA

View Full Version : NBA: NBA season gets lengthened

UNT Eagles 2016
08-10-2017, 05:59 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20305818/nba-nba-ramps-drama-opening-week-christmas-day-schedule

Gets pushed back 2 weeks. Instead of the traditional last Tuesday in October, it's the 3rd-to-last Tuesday for the start of the regular season. Makes sense. Everyone likes a shorter offseason. Playoffs still start at the same point in mid-April, so it spaces out the games a bit more.

StrengthAndHonor
08-10-2017, 06:17 PM
No Christmas game for the Spurs and the Clippers? The disrespect!

Clipper Nation
08-10-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm a little surprised at the Spurs not getting a Christmas game, but I didn't expect the Clippers to get one. Even when we still had CP0, they'd give us the shittiest time slot, usually against a shit opponent.

Spurtacular
08-10-2017, 06:45 PM

Who the fuck wants to see the Clippers that bad anyways? Besides, they got a marquee opening week match-up vs the Lakers. That's sufficient.
But the Spurs one is disrespect when you have the best player on the planet on their team.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Who the fuck wants to see the Clippers that bad anyways? Besides, they got a marquee opening week match-up vs the Lakers. That's sufficient.
But the Spurs one is disrespect when you have the best player on the planet on their team.
Fuck the Spurs playing on Christmas. We always lose. Fuck that

Christmas NBA was always better when there were only 2 games and the best possible ones

Spurtacular
08-10-2017, 07:01 PM

I was okay with it until I realized that this is the league bitch slapping Kawhi. All the other (lesser) MVP candidates will be featured on Christmas.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-10-2017, 07:03 PM
I was okay with it until I realized that this is the league bitch slapping Kawhi. All the other (lesser) MVP candidates will be featured on Christmas.

I don't want to ruin a Christmas over a Spurs loss. Fuck that. It was pretty awful for me in 2005, that was the first time I vividly remember playing a Christmas Day game and we lost to the worst possible opponent. Bad day. And I had a sore throat that day. Yuck. The way that godawful season ended was also yuck.

Spurtacular
08-10-2017, 07:07 PM
I don't want to ruin a Christmas over a Spurs loss. Fuck that. It was pretty awful for me in 2005, that was the first time I vividly remember playing a Christmas Day game and we lost to the worst possible opponent. Bad day. And I had a sore throat that day. Yuck. The way that godawful season ended was also yuck.

You're irrationally looking at it through a personal specter. This is the league's way of hiding Kawhi from the general public (casual fan who the league sell to in the margins).

Clipper Nation
08-10-2017, 07:07 PM
All the other (lesser) MVP candidates will be featured on Christmas.
MVBlake isn't being featured either, tbh.

DMC
08-10-2017, 07:09 PM
If you're a Spurs player you're hoping there are no Christmas games, unless you're a scrub and want face time (Tony Parker for example)

UNT Eagles 2016
08-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Griffin :lol is a gimmick player who aged out of his gimmick and now he's got nothing left except punching janitors and moaning about injuries

Clipper Nation
08-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Griffin :lol is a gimmick player who aged out of his gimmick and now he's got nothing left except punching janitors and moaning about injuries
Another shit take courtesy of GuitarDude, what else is new?

Spurtacular
08-10-2017, 07:26 PM

Blake is not an MVP candidate. At least, he's not a presumptive top five candidate.

Dex
08-11-2017, 09:59 AM

Christmas NBA was always better when there were only 2 games and the best possible ones

The worst part about no Christmas game is we don't get to see those sweet unis.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-11-2017, 01:00 PM
The worst part about no Christmas game is we don't get to see those sweet unis.

I hate the Xmas unis. They look like practice uniforms. I miss the days (circa 2005 and earlier) when teams would wear their regular road/away (or ONE alternate, depending on the team) jersey at least 80/82 times a year.

And stars wouldn't take off games unless they had a legitimate injury concern or suspension. 4 games in 5 nights? 6 games in 8? Ball up, chump. Your time to shine.

But now it's all about money and selling and over-pimping out the league even though it's at its worst and parity is down the toilet. Silver is a jew so we get why, duh.

Chillen
08-11-2017, 02:17 PM

What is the big deal? I doubt the Spurs and Clippers players care they get to spend Christmas with their family's and stay home. Just like any other NBA team, the goal is a championship not playing on Christmas day.

Killakobe81
08-11-2017, 02:56 PM

the Spurs got LeBron?

UNT Eagles 2016
08-11-2017, 04:04 PM
the Spurs got LeBron?

Yeah, that's what I want to know.

LeBron is still #1. Kawhi might be #2 only because he leads a team that isn't stacked consistently to the #2 seed in the West.

phxspurfan
08-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Yeah, that's what I want to know.

LeBron is still #1. Kawhi might be #2 only because he leads a team that isn't stacked consistently to the #2 seed in the West.

Sorry but KD is clearly #2.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Sorry but KD is clearly #2.

Nope. His defense isn't good except for an occasional block he might get just because he's tall and athletic. But he'd struggle to get the Spurs even a top 5 seed if he was in Kawhi's place last year or this year (with Kawhi on the Warriors or elsewhere).

Durant is a major beneficiary of being on a stacked team. He's a heck of an offensive player, but that's all.