PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Report: Zach Randolph could face ban from NBA

Chris
08-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Zach Randolph could be looking at a ban from the NBA.

Not long after his arrest for intending to sell marijuana in California, Ronald Tillery of the Commercial Appeal reports that the 36-year-old could be looking at severe punishment from the NBA:

"The league’s collective bargaining agreement with the players’ association says a player will be dismissed and disqualified from the NBA if he is convicted of, or pleads guilty, no contest or nolo contendere to, a crime involving the felony distribution of marijuana."

Randolph was arrested early Thursday due to possession of marijuana and intent to sell. It was reported that he had two pounds worth of marijuana.

The Sacramento Kings forward signed a two-year, $24 million contract with the team in the offseason. If Randolph faces any sort of ban or suspension, he'd be the first players since O.J. Mayo in 2016 to face such a punishment.

http://spurs.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Zach-Randolph-could-face-ban-from-NBA-106042804

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-6TWKlKBaFX0%2FU078GTfQdvI%2FAAAAAAAAFHQ%2FXcHd8JBm qo4%2Fs1600%2Fbasketballzachrandolphreaction.gif&f=1

spurraider21
08-12-2017, 07:39 PM
why the fuck is a multi-millionaire basketball player trying to sell weed :lol

xellos88330
08-12-2017, 07:40 PM

My thoughts exactly. I mean seriously. Why the fuck would you even need to sell weed if you are a millionaire. I just don't fucking get it.

08-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Was he really though? Wasn't he with just a bunch of weed?

spurraider21
08-12-2017, 08:01 PM
i have no idea, just read the op

baseline bum
08-12-2017, 08:38 PM

If it was really two pounds I don't see how they won't get him on intent to distribute.

Mark Celibate
08-12-2017, 08:57 PM
If it was really two pounds I don't see how they won't get him on intent to distribute.

sup brah?

I think I'm going to try to dive into Griffith's Quantum Mechanics book. My math competency is up through PDE's...do you think that's sufficient enough to handle it?

baseline bum
08-12-2017, 09:08 PM
sup brah?

I think I'm going to try to dive into Griffith's Quantum Mechanics book. My math competency is up through PDE's...do you think that's sufficient enough to handle it?

I didn't like Griffith's quantum book nearly as much as his electrodynamics book. Shankar is better tbh, though you should ask Agloco since he's an actual physicist.

lilbthebasedgod
08-12-2017, 09:15 PM
I didn't like Griffith's quantum book nearly as much as his electrodynamics book. Shankar is better tbh, though you should ask Agloco (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7385) since he's an actual physicist.
Shankar is great

Mark Celibate
08-12-2017, 09:30 PM
I didn't like Griffith's quantum book nearly as much as his electrodynamics book. Shankar is better tbh, though you should ask Agloco (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7385) since he's an actual physicist.

:tu yeah the Electrodynamics one is pretty good tbh

Chris Fall
08-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Only a felony if he has a prior violent felony conviction, two misdemeanors for selling marijuana, or knowingly sold to a minor. Don't know his record, but probably just a misdemeanor and won't be banned.

The amount obviously suggests intent to distribute. But with millionaires, assumptions need to be reconsidered. Could just be for his own personal use for the next month or so. Lifestyle is different for people with Monopoly money. And in a weed friendly state like California, I would guess he'll be given a misdemeanor and a fine.

LkrFan
08-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Stay off da weeeeeeed-duh! :lmao

BD24
08-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Thats what I got from this. He is rich and just bought a shit ton of weed. I know if you have over a certain amount of weed on you they automatically hit you with the intent to sell.

Chris
08-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Thats what I got from this. He is rich and just bought a shit ton of weed. I know if you have over a certain amount of weed on you they automatically hit you with the intent to sell.

Depends if he had other paraphernalia like multiple baggies or a scale.

Reck
08-12-2017, 11:38 PM
Rich guy buys a ton of marijuana...to sell it back?

Something doesn't add up.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Rich guy buys a ton of marijuana...to sell it back?

Something doesn't add up.
agreed.

I generally can't stand the far right on pot but I don't get it because Silver is left

lefty
08-13-2017, 01:01 AM
The only explanation is that some dumb young white celebrity was willing to pay millions for those few pounds

Spurtacular
08-13-2017, 04:09 AM

My thoughts exactly. I mean seriously. Why the fuck would you even need to sell weed if you are a millionaire. I just don't fucking get it.

Not selling. Just our fascist laws that allow people to be charged with crimes they didn't actually commit. Intent to sell applicable for the two pound bag.

Spurtacular
08-13-2017, 04:14 AM
Grown ass man wearing his pants like a teeny bopper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJLZqQwoKE

Koolaid_Man
08-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Foolishly trynna show he has street cred....gave up 24 milli for 2 pounds...LOL he's a dumb as Tammy giving away millions on make-up and wine and letting Rat face fleece him on the contract....but I smoke OG KUSH every other day....and when you driving with that shit in yo ride you gotta go the speed limit....

Thread
08-13-2017, 09:16 AM
He'll be taken care of on this one. Won't be made a hero mind you, but, he'll be heralded nonetheless. Silver will oversee it personally.

It will be fascinating to watch the machinations used here. Absolutely (fascinating.) ESPN loves that word.

DMC
08-13-2017, 11:01 AM

Because it's hood, G.

DMC
08-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Only a felony if he has a prior violent felony conviction, two misdemeanors for selling marijuana, or knowingly sold to a minor. Don't know his record, but probably just a misdemeanor and won't be banned.

The amount obviously suggests intent to distribute. But with millionaires, assumptions need to be reconsidered. Could just be for his own personal use for the next month or so. Lifestyle is different for people with Monopoly money. And in a weed friendly state like California, I would guess he'll be given a misdemeanor and a fine.

Plus he has a whole team to supply.

lmbebo
08-13-2017, 12:11 PM
Intent to sell is based on the amount of weed....

Ice009
08-14-2017, 03:41 AM
This is a very weird coincidence as I was telling a friend a work a few weeks ago about Z-bo selling or supplying weed years ago. Does anyone remember that? How long ago was it? It was at least 5 plus years ago, but he was suspected in Indianapolis as a supplier. I know nothing came of it, but I do remember wondering why someone with as much money as him would even be implicated in something like that.

I would have thought nothing of this current thing if it wasn't for that report from years ago, but he very well might be a seller or supplier.

Arcadian
08-14-2017, 04:37 AM
"The league’s collective bargaining agreement with the players’ association says a player will be dismissed and disqualified from the NBA if he is convicted of, or pleads guilty, no contest or nolo contendere to, a crime involving the felony distribution of marijuana."

Well that's a stupid fucking rule.

SpursforSix
08-14-2017, 08:58 AM
Not selling. Just our fascist laws that allow people to be charged with crimes they didn't actually commit. Intent to sell applicable for the two pound bag.

Yep.

It's just like when I go to Costco and buy 12 jars of Salsa. I probably won't use it all before some of it goes bad. But I'll use enough that it's still cheaper than
buying 12 jars separately.

Not to mention the convenience factor of not having to go out and buy it again.

Nigga was just getting a volume deal and making sure he wouldn't run out.

Rules are rules though.

Spurtacular
08-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Yep.

It's just like when I go to Costco and buy 12 jars of Salsa. I probably won't use it all before some of it goes bad. But I'll use enough that it's still cheaper than
buying 12 jars separately.

Not to mention the convenience factor of not having to go out and buy it again.

Nigga was just getting a volume deal and making sure he wouldn't run out.

Rules are rules though.

Laws shouldn't be manipulated. If the system wants laws against volume, then make them. Shit is rigged for the sake of selective enforcement.

Spurtacular
08-14-2017, 10:25 AM

Why; do you want your pro athletes in the drug selling business?

However, the league will see this is of little merit and give him a slap on the wrist.

TDMVPDPOY
08-14-2017, 10:44 AM
INTENT to sell? what happens if he hands them out free?

Capt Bringdown
08-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Should have bought an off-season residence in Colorado. Just stay there and smoke out all summer. Kiss those millions goodbye!

SpursforSix
08-14-2017, 12:16 PM

But what they're putting him on is intent to sell. Intent to distribute sounds like the right charge.

Arcadian
08-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Why; do you want your pro athletes in the drug selling business?

However, the league will see this is of little merit and give him a slap on the wrist.

Why are you calling them "my" athletes? Weird.

I don't care if they sell drugs. No one should be punished for that. All drugs should be legal.

DMC
08-14-2017, 11:57 PM
Btw, "nolo contendre" is for Lkrfan so he can understand the article.

DMC
08-14-2017, 11:59 PM

Not really. The NBA is a private organization that relies heavily on image and their ambassadors are the highly compensated players. If they cannot stay out of the projects smoking weed with the gangs even though they have millions in the bank, it's a good business decision to let them go on their own. They'll be fine.

Chucho
08-15-2017, 12:18 AM
Why are you calling them "my" athletes? Weird.

I don't care if they sell drugs. No one should be punished for that. All drugs should be legal.

Really? Not sure if sarcastic, never knew an addict, if you are serious or just young and sheltered. Hope you live somewhere gated and have a club on your steering wheel, cameras everywhere and alarms on everything if you decide to move to Oregon when they decide to make the entire state a giant junkie camp.

Come live in California's Central Valley first where drugs are illegal but is ground zero for meth addiction. I've had a flower plant literally dug up from my front garden and caught a grimey tweak trying to walk off with two 5 gallon water jugs and I was living in a "nicer" area of this shithole. Crackheads have NOTHING on meth addicts.

Quadzilla99
08-15-2017, 12:19 AM
I get he had priors...but for some fucking weed?

DMC
08-15-2017, 12:28 AM
I get he had priors...but for some fucking weed?

How stupid do you have to be to have 2lbs of weed on you when you're a multimillionaire about to make even more money?

I don't get it either. As for the penalty, sure. If he was just some 6'1" dude caught with 2lbs of weed, he's done. You can drink and drive and run through a fence but you cannot have 2lbs of weed.

Dex
08-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Intent to sell is based on the amount of weed....

Primarily, but there are other factors, including if the weed is separated into multiple containers, how much money the convicted has on their person, or if there are other items such as a gram scale found.

But yes, if you are found with 2 pounds, that is going to get hit with intent to sell every time. The law isn't going to care how deep ZBo's entourage runs or how many blunts each one smokes a day.

Chris
08-15-2017, 11:02 PM
Btw, "nolo contendre" is for Lkrfan so he can understand the article.

:lol

mingus
08-18-2017, 08:05 AM

Hood cred.

He's gotta prove he's still a homie.

Mal
08-20-2017, 07:10 AM
What ? Multi-millionare active sportsmen trying to sell fucking weed ?????

baseline bum
08-20-2017, 08:01 AM
What ? Multi-millionare active sportsmen trying to sell fucking weed ?????

Could be selling coke like Derek Anderson

Thread
08-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Could be selling coke like Derek Anderson

Or, your 1st 5th like Amy Duncan.:lol

baseline bum
08-20-2017, 03:21 PM
Or, your 1st 5th like Amy Duncan.:lol

You got a real bug up your ass after Bannon got put face down in the ground.

lefty20
08-20-2017, 03:27 PM

It's in his nature.

Thread
08-20-2017, 03:32 PM
You got a real bug up your ass after Bannon got put face down in the ground.

I don't deny my shit, bum.

I never have. It's my religion.

baseline bum
08-20-2017, 03:34 PM
I don't deny my shit, bum.

I never have. It's my religion.

Nevertheless, Bannon's face down in the dirt while Cuckner gets a good laugh out of it.

Thread
08-20-2017, 03:38 PM
Nevertheless, Bannon's face down in the dirt while Cuckner gets a good laugh out of it.

You obviously needed it, angel pie.

baseline bum
08-20-2017, 03:40 PM
You obviously needed it, angel pie.

It's ok, Cuckner will be there too once it's Mueller Time.

Thread
08-20-2017, 03:42 PM
It's ok, Cuckner will be there too once it's Mueller Time.

Get off my back. I'm trying to have a decent fucking Sabbath.

DMC
08-20-2017, 06:25 PM
Get off my back. I'm trying to have a decent fucking Sabbath.

The sabbath was yesterday

Thread
08-20-2017, 08:45 PM
The sabbath was yesterday

I have mine on Sunday.

It's my religion.

DMC
08-20-2017, 09:04 PM
I have mine on Sunday.

It's my religion.

Dale - a pirate among men, but a prince among pirates.

Dex
09-14-2017, 09:59 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733105-zach-randolph-reportedly-reaches-plea-deal-on-marijuana-possession-charge

:lmao 150 community service hours.

Russo21
09-14-2017, 03:14 PM
I can't believe that shit isn't legal yet. #Free the Weed

MultiTroll
09-14-2017, 04:16 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733105-zach-randolph-reportedly-reaches-plea-deal-on-marijuana-possession-charge

:lmao 150 community service hours.
California getting it right. :toast

"Randolph was sentenced to 150 hours of community service as part of a diversion program, which means if he completes the hours and keeps his nose clean for 12 months, the resisting arrest conviction will be wiped from his record," TMZ wrote.

TDMVPDPOY
09-14-2017, 10:35 PM
so what happens if his nba career is over, and he wants to living it up on weed.... the white man is just waiting and looming for this clown to make a mistake to pounce on him...

hater
09-15-2017, 06:56 AM
Yup its d amount

Obviously he wasnt planning to sell shit but smoke it all before preseason :lol

DMC
09-15-2017, 08:12 AM
Common sense says he's not a dealer. He might be giving it away though. That's still distributing.

Just spending a ton of state money to end up with community service. Lawyers get wealthy, state gets poorer. That will teach the low income areas to not party with wealthy blacks.

ducks
09-16-2017, 01:04 PM
INTENT to sell? what happens if he hands them out free?

What happens if free means sex
Still out of league

Agloco
02-01-2018, 08:21 AM
sup brah?

You'll be good