PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Billups on Kobe's impact

lefty
08-13-2017, 01:43 PM
(2004 Finals)

"We knew there was no way we could stop Shaq straight-up"

"But what’s going to happen is Mr. Bryant is going to get a little discouraged with getting no touches and now the second half comes around…now he’s pressing. He’s going to start coming down and just breaking the offense." - Chauncey Billups

Kobe took 29 more shots than Shaq in the series despite Shaq averaging 27 PPG on 62 TS%. Kobe shot 38% in the series.

DMC
08-13-2017, 02:01 PM
(2004 Finals)

"But what’s going to happen is Mr. Bryant is going to get a little discouraged with getting no touches and now the second half comes around…now he’s pressing. He’s going to start coming down and just breaking the offense." - Chauncey Billups

Kobe took 29 more shots than Shaq in the series despite Shaq averaging 27 PPG on 62 TS%. Kobe shot 38% in the series.

Come on Lefty, you know you cannot compare TS% to pure %.

spurraider21
08-13-2017, 02:31 PM
shaq's FG% was 63.1... higher than his TS

dfens
08-13-2017, 02:42 PM
classic kobe :lol

dfens
08-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Kobe is such a product of current Americanism: an egoistic, cynical, authoritarian, flamboyant, competitive, arrogant, narcissistic prick who is guaranteed to give you great short term results (with meltdowns) but to drag the entire team/organization down with him long term. It's funny that he will also be remembered fondly by those conditioned to think in these values. Throughout the years you could easily see just how empty and unoriginal he was inside and how all that was washed with a ton of marketing, such a vanilla human being tbh.

Lol at all the fanboys saying 5 rings when he could've won more then that with shaq in just the first half of his career.

lefty
08-13-2017, 03:58 PM
Kobe is such a product of current Americanism: an egoistic, cynical, authoritarian, flamboyant, competitive, arrogant, narcissistic prick who is guaranteed to give you great short term results (with meltdowns) but to drag the entire team/organization down with him long term. It's funny that he will also be remembered fondly by those conditioned to think in these values. Throughout the years you could easily see just how empty and unoriginal he was inside and how all that was washed with a ton of marketing, such a vanilla human being tbh.

Lol at all the fanboys saying 5 rings when he could've won more then that with shaq in just the first half of his career.
"will to win" "competitive" all that BS associated with an angry gameface :lol

People can criticize LeBron as much as they want, but at least he has his own identity unlike Kirby who tries too hard to impersonate MJ

Heck Kirby will probably copy MJ's HOF speech and fly Eddie Jones and Dell Harris to Springfield : "during my first years, I was Eddie's backup, so I wanted to prove they were wrong. Look at them, let's put them on the walk of shame"

dfens
08-13-2017, 05:33 PM
"will to win" "competitive" all that BS associated with an angry gameface :lol

People can criticize LeBron as much as they want, but at least he has his own identity unlike Kirby who tries too hard to impersonate MJ

Heck Kirby will probably copy MJ's HOF speech and fly Eddie Jones and Dell Harris to Springfield : "during my first years, I was Eddie's backup, so I wanted to prove they were wrong. Look at them, let's put them on the walk of shame"

the funniest thing about kobe is that his wife is just like him :lmao all kinds of fucked up stuff going on in that family tbh.

and lol "will to win but only on my terms" :lmao kindergarten.

Thread
08-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Kobe: 5

Billups: a lot less

Fabbs
08-13-2017, 07:33 PM

Jim Loscutoff 7

Kobe 5

7 >>>> 5

namlook
08-13-2017, 07:33 PM

Kyle Orton
08-13-2017, 07:57 PM

your penis envy for murica is starting to get a bit pathetic, merkel

Thread
08-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Jim Loscutoff 7

Kobe 5

7 >>>> 5

I got no problem with that.

ambchang
08-13-2017, 08:53 PM
I got no problem with that.

It was like that with Kobe and Duncan too. Then 2013 happened, and then it's the 2nd fifth and the kids and all.

Mark Celibate
08-13-2017, 09:23 PM

yep, he's the guy who's always walking by the boss's office after 5 p.m., in order to be seen staying late, while reminding everyone of how little sleep he gets sine he's always up at 5 a.m. to go crossfit

dfens
08-14-2017, 05:27 AM
your penis envy for murica is starting to get a bit pathetic, merkel

:lmao son I'm telling it like it is, you think I envy a country where I could go anytime and live/work/party ? I live/work/party in Germany, Spain, Italy and in eastern europe where my quality of life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LA. What's with this pathetic shit that when somebody says something bad about merica y'all merican boys need to go in defensive mode ? you really think you live in a great country ? Then strap in baby boy, this is about to get painful:

USA:
- fake (cnn/fox) news
- people vote trump :lmao
- a fake unelected incompetent president, who gets the retard treatment at all summits.
- a fake 2-party political system straight outta 1700 with zero political discussion, just insanely polarized.
- a fake freedom with zero representation, hillary vs trump :wow:lmao
- fake quality of life with unregulated industries and without worker rights. fire on will 13th century style :lmao
- fake working ethic, people staying late just to be seen.
- fake productivity given by insane working hours, you look at per hour and you ain't shit
- fake freedom as the average working hours in the usa leave little time for other things
- weak social services transportation and infrastructure
- a fake smile and backstab culture, worshiping sociopaths like kobe.
- IRS and the entire fiscal system, stright out of Kafka :lmao
- growing corruption
- people fed "#1 usa usa usa" bullshit non-stop.
- police corruption is russia-level. Police are basically organizing safaris in poor neighborhoods, fire at will. The number of police abuse cases is just crazy tbh:wow
- some of the worst medical service in the 1st world. Shocking tbh!!! This is not a joke, eastern europe has better medical services on average.
- invading shit left and right, funding terrorists, defrauding and killing your people in wars from which they get no benefit. Spending 50% of all the budget on "defense". Tyler durden-esque.
- 11 million undocumented immigrants being used as slave laborers.
- a judicial system where there is a strong incentive to just outbid the other side. You've got a whole industry of lawyers and lawyerisms, and a unhealthily litigious society. Can't even call it a legal system tbh. Fucking Russia is light years ahead on this one :lmao
- public transportation is worse then in eastern europe. Take a sub in new york / la and tell me otherwise.
- a society filled with rampant crime and violence
- still clinging to the antiquated GDP to show economic growth :lmao you don't even need an economics book to understand that a high transaction activity doesn't at all imply high economic activity. just ask wall street.
- a "safe space / diversity" millenneal generation that will fuck it big time. SJWs everywhere :wow:lol
- administration thinks climate change is a hoax :lmao
- scientology is a legal religion, and was allowed to buy the cult awareness network :lmao What the fuck sons.
- top administration with "the dinosaurs didn't have place in the ark" :lmao:lmao:lmao. Your administration looks like it's out of idiocracy :wow
- an astronomical income inequality coupled with it being legal to buy political support economically guarantees your democracy days are done.
- you incarcerate more people than china :wow, in a country where the private prison sector is booming, no correlation tbh :lol land of the free home of the brave :lol
- the number of people on food stamps double in 20 years, you have more than double the infant mortality in the entire EU, wtf tbh.:wow
- horrible tip-oriented service, leave to eat in peace tbh.
- overrated private schooling (just look at all the internationals in the top universities and see who really gets it done, many of whom won't stay forever in the US), still some great private universities overall but they're just for elite students. Public schooling and community colleges are a disaster tbh.
- primitive regulation on utilities, leading to toxic hotspots and crises such Flint water
- rampant society induced obesity, unregulated sugar additives, rampant diabetes, pills are prescribed like candy. Average lifespan is 10 years shorter then Germany and overall health is much lower.
- filled with losers like you living in the past, who can't or won't call it honestly.

Germany:
- regulated but still connected to reality news
- people vote merkel but also vote many other political players
- merkel :lol, still merkel is a career politician of some skill and she isn't that incompetent. tldr Merkel >>>> trump.
- tons of political discussion and political variety, the bundestag is quite balanced.
- excellent overall respect for schedules, overtime is very rare, shit gets done on time and there is plenty of time left for family/hobbies/etc
- great working ethic
- excellent quality of life and industry regulation
- excellent social services, transportation and overall infrastructure
- if you fake smile people you'll get asked if there is something wrong with you :lol
- a shitload of bureaucracy but functional
- one of the most transparent countries in the world.
- people fed the reasons why 75 years ago "#1 deutschland deutschland uber alles" was wrong.
- one of the most qualified and professional police forces in the world
- excellent and free medical service
- since '45 our military record is spotless. Yes we did some shit back in my great-grandaddy's day, but that was almost 100 years ago.
- ~3 million immigrants, a big problem but at least we're doing (language/profession courses, mini jobs) something about it, instead of just using them as plantation workers.
- a modern judicial system
- stellar public transport.
- a normal non-violent society, except some mainly immigrant related crime. Your bad neighborhoods are WAY more dangerous then our bad neighborhoods.
- top 3 in exports in the world, at 80 million people. we export only high quality stuff too.
- a fairly normal young generation, but the sjw tendencies are starting to get on my nerves tbh.
- prime players in the renewable energy sector, in a country with less sunlight then fucking alaska. Not even a joke tbh image (http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot _more_sun_than_we_do_video/1360282556772.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg)
- boring but effective administration
- democracy, minimal lobbying.
- some of the best public and private schooling in the world
- a quite healthy society, we live long lives and we exercise a lot.
- your average german will be quick to point out drops in quality of life and will show it by voting.

do you want me to continue ?

real talk son Germany is a 1st world country and the engine of the most livable continent in the world while the USA is a fake, more of a banana republic these days. Most of our immigration is form Spain/Italy/Poland/Eastern Europe and these people will contribute to our society. Yes, the refugees are a huge problem but no place is perfect. 20 years ago I was an exchange student in LA and you could see the signs from way back then so I chose Europe. I don't enjoy seeing the USA like this, because I have family in LA and because the civilized world needs a strong US, but y'all need to take a solid fucking look in the mirror tbh.

Spurtacular
08-14-2017, 06:57 AM
(2004 Finals)

:lmao Kobe the most over-rated role player in the history of the NBA!

dfens
08-14-2017, 07:04 AM
Kobe stands up and goes face-to-face with me and says, "You always said you're my big brother, you'd do anything for me, and then this Colorado thing happens and you never even called me." I did call him. ... So here we are now, and we find out he really was hurt that we didn't stand behind him. That was something new. I didn't think he gave a rat's ass about us either way. "Well, I thought you'd publicly support me, at least," Kobe said. "You're supposed to be my friend." Brian Shaw chimed in with "Kobe, why would you think that? Shaq had all these parties and you never showed up for any of them. We invited you to dinner on the road and you didn't come. Shaq invited you to his wedding and you weren't there. Then you got married and didn't invite any of us. And now you are in the middle of this problem, this sensitive situation, and now you want all of us to step up for you. We don't even know you." ...

from Shaq's uncut tbh so it might be embellished but still :lol

lefty
08-14-2017, 07:34 AM
:lmao son I'm telling it like it is, you think I envy a country where I could go anytime and live/work/party ? I live/work/party in Germany, Spain, Italy and in eastern europe where my quality of life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LA. What's with this pathetic shit that when somebody says something bad about merica y'all merican boys need to go in defensive mode ? you really think you live in a great country ? Then strap in baby boy, this is about to get painful:

USA:
- fake (cnn/fox) news
- people vote trump :lmao
- a fake unelected incompetent president, who gets the retard treatment at all summits.
- a fake 2-party political system straight outta 1700 with zero political discussion, just insanely polarized.
- a fake freedom with zero representation, hillary vs trump :wow:lmao
- fake quality of life with unregulated industries and without worker rights. fire on will 13th century style :lmao
- fake working ethic, people staying late just to be seen.
- fake productivity given by insane working hours, you look at per hour and you ain't shit
- fake freedom as the average working hours in the usa leave little time for other things
- weak social services transportation and infrastructure
- a fake smile and backstab culture, worshiping sociopaths like kobe.
- IRS and the entire fiscal system, stright out of Kafka :lmao
- growing corruption
- people fed "#1 usa usa usa" bullshit non-stop.
- police corruption is russia-level. Police are basically organizing safaris in poor neighborhoods, fire at will. The number of police abuse cases is just crazy tbh:wow
- some of the worst medical service in the 1st world. Shocking tbh!!! This is not a joke, eastern europe has better medical services on average.
- invading shit left and right, funding terrorists, defrauding and killing your people in wars from which they get no benefit. Spending 50% of all the budget on "defense". Tyler durden-esque.
- 11 million undocumented immigrants being used as slave laborers.
- a judicial system where there is a strong incentive to just outbid the other side. You've got a whole industry of lawyers and lawyerisms, and a unhealthily litigious society. Can't even call it a legal system tbh. Fucking Russia is light years ahead on this one :lmao
- public transportation is worse then in eastern europe. Take a sub in new york / la and tell me otherwise.
- a society filled with rampant crime and violence
- still clinging to the antiquated GDP to show economic growth :lmao you don't even need an economics book to understand that a high transaction activity doesn't at all imply high economic activity. just ask wall street.
- a "safe space / diversity" millenneal generation that will fuck it big time. SJWs everywhere :wow:lol
- administration thinks climate change is a hoax :lmao
- scientology is a legal religion, and was allowed to buy the cult awareness network :lmao What the fuck sons.
- top administration with "the dinosaurs didn't have place in the ark" :lmao:lmao:lmao. Your administration looks like it's out of idiocracy :wow
- an astronomical income inequality coupled with it being legal to buy political support economically guarantees your democracy days are done.
- you incarcerate more people than china :wow, in a country where the private prison sector is booming, no correlation tbh :lol land of the free home of the brave :lol
- the number of people on food stamps double in 20 years, you have more than double the infant mortality in the entire EU, wtf tbh.:wow
- horrible tip-oriented service, leave to eat in peace tbh.
- overrated private schooling (just look at all the internationals in the top universities and see who really gets it done, many of whom won't stay forever in the US), still some great private universities overall but they're just for elite students. Public schooling and community colleges are a disaster tbh.
- primitive regulation on utilities, leading to toxic hotspots and crises such Flint water
- rampant society induced obesity, unregulated sugar additives, rampant diabetes, pills are prescribed like candy. Average lifespan is 10 years shorter then Germany and overall health is much lower.
- filled with losers like you living in the past, who can't or won't call it honestly.

Germany:
- regulated but still connected to reality news
- people vote merkel but also vote many other political players
- merkel :lol, still merkel is a career politician of some skill and she isn't that incompetent. tldr Merkel >>>> trump.
- tons of political discussion and political variety, the bundestag is quite balanced.
- excellent overall respect for schedules, overtime is very rare, shit gets done on time and there is plenty of time left for family/hobbies/etc
- great working ethic
- excellent quality of life and industry regulation
- excellent social services, transportation and overall infrastructure
- if you fake smile people you'll get asked if there is something wrong with you :lol
- a shitload of bureaucracy but functional
- one of the most transparent countries in the world.
- people fed the reasons why 75 years ago "#1 deutschland deutschland uber alles" was wrong.
- one of the most qualified and professional police forces in the world
- excellent and free medical service
- since '45 our military record is spotless. Yes we did some shit back in my great-grandaddy's day, but that was almost 100 years ago.
- ~3 million immigrants, a big problem but at least we're doing (language/profession courses, mini jobs) something about it, instead of just using them as plantation workers.
- a modern judicial system
- stellar public transport.
- a normal non-violent society, except some mainly immigrant related crime. Your bad neighborhoods are WAY more dangerous then our bad neighborhoods.
- top 3 in exports in the world, at 80 million people. we export only high quality stuff too.
- a fairly normal young generation, but the sjw tendencies are starting to get on my nerves tbh.
- prime players in the renewable energy sector, in a country with less sunlight then fucking alaska. Not even a joke tbh image (http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot _more_sun_than_we_do_video/1360282556772.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg)
- boring but effective administration
- democracy, minimal lobbying.
- some of the best public and private schooling in the world
- a quite healthy society, we live long lives and we exercise a lot.
- your average german will be quick to point out drops in quality of life and will show it by voting.

do you want me to continue ?

real talk son Germany is a 1st world country and the engine of the most livable continent in the world while the USA is a fake, more of a banana republic these days. Most of our immigration is form Spain/Italy/Poland/Eastern Europe and these people will contribute to our society. Yes, the refugees are a huge problem but no place is perfect. 20 years ago I was an exchange student in LA and you could see the signs from way back then so I chose Europe. I don't enjoy seeing the USA like this, because I have family in LA and because the civilized world needs a strong US, but y'all need to take a solid fucking look in the mirror tbh.
:wow

Canyonero
08-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Merkel is afraid of dogs tho

baseline bum
08-14-2017, 11:03 AM

Yeah man, Germany has their shit together and is the example the rest of the first world should be emulating.

Chucho
08-14-2017, 11:21 AM
That Adolf Hitler guy had Germany rocking for a minute back in the day.

dfens
08-14-2017, 11:37 AM
That Adolf Hitler guy had Germany rocking for a minute back in the day.

:sleep

dfens
08-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Yeah man, Germany has their shit together and is the example the rest of the first world should be emulating.

there are still some problems with multikulturalism but they are being solved, the experiment is over so at least we're past that. Don't know what you get in the states but the policies make it obvious. Also we need to be more active in international politics, but its kinda hard when we have enormous trade with Russia (lol sanctions).

Spurtacular
08-14-2017, 11:48 AM

Sarcasm?

Spurtacular
08-14-2017, 11:49 AM
there are still some problems with multikulturalism but they are being solved, the experiment is over so at least we're past that. Don't know what you get in the states but the policies make it obvious. Also we need to be more active in international politics, but its kinda hard when we have enormous trade with Russia (lol sanctions).

You fucked yourselves by letting in all the Muslims. Have fun with that.

DMC
08-14-2017, 12:41 PM
German women are the shit. The language, the vulgarity of it, very sexy.

ElNono
08-14-2017, 05:40 PM
Kobe stands up and goes face-to-face with me and says, "You always said you're my big brother, you'd do anything for me, and then this Colorado thing happens and you never even called me." I did call him. ... So here we are now, and we find out he really was hurt that we didn't stand behind him. That was something new. I didn't think he gave a rat's ass about us either way. "Well, I thought you'd publicly support me, at least," Kobe said. "You're supposed to be my friend." Brian Shaw chimed in with "Kobe, why would you think that? Shaq had all these parties and you never showed up for any of them. We invited you to dinner on the road and you didn't come. Shaq invited you to his wedding and you weren't there. Then you got married and didn't invite any of us. And now you are in the middle of this problem, this sensitive situation, and now you want all of us to step up for you. We don't even know you." ...

from Shaq's uncut tbh so it might be embellished but still :lol

http://i.imgur.com/eNtlu1r.jpg

baseline bum
08-14-2017, 07:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/eNtlu1r.jpg

:lmao

SpurOutofTownFan
08-14-2017, 08:14 PM
:lmao Kobe the most over-rated role player in the history of the NBA!

Pistons completely dismantled that Lakers team - it was all downhill for a few years from there

Thread
08-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Pistons completely dismantled that Lakers team - it was all downhill for a few years from there

Then we put up another back-to-back.

You had almost back-to-back. Then Amy absconded with it.

All those adorable poses with Amy & Tim and her heavy with child and smootchin' & huggin' in public. All the laughter died in sorrow. It wasn't like when the Alamo happened, but, it loitered that area. Tim was gay the entire time and that guy livin' with 'em, stinkin' up that end of the house. Eew.

Amy

Spurtacular
08-16-2017, 10:12 AM
Then we put up another back-to-back.

It helps when the officials aren't calling obvious travels by your alpha Gasol. Lakers love their asterisk titles though. I'd say the majority of the eleven have asterisks.

Thread
08-16-2017, 10:16 AM
It helps when the officials aren't calling obvious travels by your alpha Gasol. Lakers love their asterisk titles though. I'd say the majority of the eleven have asterisks.

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Fabbs
08-16-2017, 10:21 AM
:lol yep.

Only pussies and assholes accept obviously rigged reffin.

Spurtacular
08-16-2017, 10:37 AM
:lol yep.

Only pussies and assholes accept obviously rigged reffin.

:lmao Signing into your sock for that, cub.