08-14-2017, 03:16 AM
I'm sure he's devasted

lefty
08-14-2017, 07:37 AM
Lil' Penny was more popular than Penny

midnightpulp
08-14-2017, 07:39 AM
:lol Today's NBA.

Why is the NBA, from the commissioner down to the players, so fuckin' obsessed with star power?

Oh, because it's the only way you can sell this (increasingly shitty) league to casuals, who will tune out if Lebron, Jordan, Curry, et al isn't playing.

Think about it. LaVar Ball was a bigger story than the NBA Finals :lol NBA has turned into a soap opera.

Mitch
08-14-2017, 07:59 AM

Why is the NBA, from the commissioner down to the players, so fuckin' obsessed with star power?

Oh, because it's the only way you can sell this (increasingly shitty) league to casuals, who will tune out if Lebron, Jordan, Curry, et al isn't playing.

Think about it. LaVar Ball was a bigger story than the NBA Finals :lol NBA has turned into a soap opera.

Tbh, NBA and the culture of African Americans is intertwined. Fame and fortune are the gospel, you see it in hip-hop culture too. I think the NBA understands that and welcomes dick measuring and inflated egos to sell their product.

midnightpulp
08-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Tbh, NBA and the culture of African Americans is intertwined. Fame and fortune are the gospel, you see it in hip-hop culture too. I think the NBA understands that and welcomes dick measuring and inflated egos to sell their product.

No arguments there.

midnightpulp
08-14-2017, 08:21 AM

Also more on this point. The NFL was smart enough to market their league around teams rather than players. Sure, the limited supply of games helps the NFL ratings and interest wise, but Tom Brady could have a career season injury tomorrow and Pats fans will still be rabid for the upcoming season. When Jordan retired, there went like 75% of the Bulls fanbase :lol

Despite my problems with the NFL, they got that right.

da_suns_fan
08-14-2017, 10:12 AM
He's right though. Most people have no idea who Kawhi Leonard even is. He could probably walk the streets of most American cities and not be recognized.

Compare that to Steph Curry and Lebron.

Mitch
08-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Also more on this point. The NFL was smart enough to market their league around teams rather than players. Sure, the limited supply of games helps the NFL ratings and interest wise, but Tom Brady could have a career season injury tomorrow and Pats fans will still be rabid for the upcoming season. When Jordan retired, there went like 75% of the Bulls fanbase :lol

Despite my problems with the NFL, they got that right.

Yup, marketing around teams makes a more stable market. Players in the NBA leave vacuums that need to be filled with stars and those don't come by frequently.

lefty
08-14-2017, 10:44 AM

It's simple, star power = more $$$

InRareForm
08-14-2017, 10:52 AM
He's a good player.... stfu penny. can't even use the word "great"

ambchang
08-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Using that definition, Penny was right.

Clipper Nation
08-14-2017, 11:31 AM

How is this a "today's NBA" thing? It's been the norm since Mikan put professional basketball on the map.

Koolaid_Man
08-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Penny is right....there's a time and place for everything and when you make it to the NBA modesty is not one of them. It's sad to see so many black men allowing the Spurs to dress them down like this and strip away their identities as men. It's shameful. You see Tammy allowed this and it turned him in to a white washed faggot that allowed himself to be literally cucked on so many levels...now Kiwi is following suit....I swear if this dude comes out as a homo all hell gonna break loose on this site. I mean have any of you ever seen him with a bitch? Something strange is going on...and Penny hit the nail on the head. San Antonio breeding a bunch of faggots. It's like they got a faggot P Farm like in baseball. Sad shit tbh

DMC
08-14-2017, 12:32 PM
If your world is basketball then KL is a superstar. If you equate basketball players with movie stars and other celebs, then Kawhi is not a superstar. Then again, neither is Steph Curry. There are plenty people who don't watch basketball who have no idea who Steph Curry is. They might recognize Lebron because of his many years of doing commercials.

DMC
08-14-2017, 12:36 PM

It's not just the NBA. Every successful endeavor that uses TV as a promotional tool is moving toward a reality TV, WWE style of programming where stories are more important than the product itself. It's like the talent shows where they talk about the contestant's personal issues as if that makes them somehow more talented, and they use that to play to the viewers, hoping that will help fill in the voids where talent is missing. This person should win, they "deserve" to. I'm fucking tired of hearing that this or that player deserves to win a ring, that they should move or special consideration should be given when assessing their careers because they deserved something they didn't get. I get the concept of personality, but the rest is just bullshit.

Buddy Mignon
08-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Penny is right....there's a time and place for everything and when you make it to the NBA modesty is not one of them. It's sad to see so many black men allowing the Spurs to dress them down like this and strip away their identities as men. It's shameful. You see Tammy allowed this and it turned him in to a white washed faggot that allowed himself to be literally cucked on so many levels...now Kiwi is following suit....I swear if this dude comes out as a homo all hell gonna break loose on this site. I mean have any of you ever seen him with a bitch? Something strange is going on...and Penny hit the nail on the head. San Antonio breeding a bunch of faggots. It's like they got a faggot P Farm like in baseball. Sad shit tbh

I agree with every word. In fact, I've said many times that Kiwi will never be a superstar. Jimmy want even a superstar.

AlexJones
08-20-2017, 10:09 AM
No, he is a superstar. He's just not the best 2-way player in the game as long as LeBron is still alive and well.

florige
08-20-2017, 11:12 AM
If your world is basketball then KL is a superstar. If you equate basketball players with movie stars and other celebs, then Kawhi is not a superstar. Then again, neither is Steph Curry. There are plenty people who don't watch basketball who have no idea who Steph Curry is. They might recognize Lebron because of his many years of doing commercials.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually they had a thing a few years ago where LBJ was working in some fast food place and people rarely batted an eye other than this huge black guy making their food. I'm pretty sure Curry could walk down any street outside of GS and not be recognized.

DMC
08-20-2017, 06:23 PM
I agree with every word. In fact, I've said many times that Kiwi will never be a superstar. Jimmy want even a superstar.

Let's see:

GM is a faggot: Check
Owner is a bitch: Check
Head Coach sucked off Richard Jefferson: Check
Team statue in front of Staples is of a faggot: check
Last "hero" was a rapist: check
5 years without winning a single playoff game: check
Kobe's career ushered out of existence by Tim Duncan: Check
Faggot fan base mass exodus to Oracle: Check
Naruto and Capri putting in "try too hard" OT: check

Yep, all the ingredients for a :lol

Buddy Mignon
08-21-2017, 07:46 AM
Let's see:

GM is a faggot: Check
Owner is a bitch: Check
Head Coach sucked off Richard Jefferson: Check
Team statue in front of Staples is of a faggot: check
Last "hero" was a rapist: check
5 years without winning a single playoff game: check
Kobe's career ushered out of existence by Tim Duncan: Check
Faggot fan base mass exodus to Oracle: Check
Naruto and Capri putting in "try too hard" OT: check

Yep, all the ingredients for a :lol

Duncan: Check

Chris Fall
08-21-2017, 10:28 AM
The quote is a misquote or misrepresentation. Penny actually was calling Kawhi a superstar despite not having big time commercials or being the face of the league. Penny was essentially advocating for Kawhi in that while he isn't the media hype created type of superstar, Penny suggests he is what a superstar should be, work ethic, playing both ends of the court, holding his own with anyone in the league.

There's already been a retraction and apology for misrepresenting what he said.

DMX7
08-21-2017, 10:30 AM
lol, penny

ambchang
08-21-2017, 11:37 AM
What people would do to get ratings.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/nba-kawhi-leonard-penny-hardaway-superstar-spurs

As your president would say, fake news.

DMC
08-21-2017, 11:48 AM
What people would do to get ratings.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/nba-kawhi-leonard-penny-hardaway-superstar-spurs

As your president would say, fake news.

And as your emperor would say... well we don't know. No one speaks that ding-a-ling shit.

Buddy Mignon
08-21-2017, 12:19 PM
The quote is a misquote or misrepresentation. Penny actually was calling Kawhi a superstar despite not having big time commercials or being the face of the league. Penny was essentially advocating for Kawhi in that while he isn't the media hype created type of superstar, Penny suggests he is what a superstar should be, work ethic, playing both ends of the court, holding his own with anyone in the league.

There's already been a retraction and apology for misrepresenting what he said.

Hes not a superstar. If he played on the Warriors or Cavs he'd be the 3rd option. That's a fact.

ambchang
08-21-2017, 12:35 PM
And as your emperor would say... well we don't know. No one speaks that ding-a-ling shit.

American education :lol

DMC
08-21-2017, 12:50 PM
American education :lol

You're speaking engrish because it's the dominant language of the world. :lol

Reck
08-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Hes not a superstar. If he played on the Warriors or Cavs he'd be the 3rd option. That's a fact.

:lol Leonard torched the whole Warriors team this year and were only able to stop him via injuring him.

Mitch
08-21-2017, 01:19 PM
:lol Leonard torched the whole Warriors team this year and were only able to stop him via injuring him.

We at Spurstalk value our excellent analysis of Basketball, politics and religion. One game samples do not meet our standards for quality, Reck.

ambchang
08-21-2017, 05:20 PM
You're speaking engrish because it's the dominant language of the world. :lol

And yet it's not called American. Go figure.

DMC
08-21-2017, 08:02 PM
And yet it's not called American. Go figure.

Yet you consider "America" to be the USA though there are two American continents.

ambchang
08-22-2017, 06:01 AM
Yet you consider "America" to be the USA though there are two American continents.

Because USA stands of United States of America and citizens of USA are known as Americans.

American education system. :lol.

08-22-2017, 08:04 AM

If he played for the Lakers, you would be sucking his dick.

That's a fact!

Buddy Mignon
08-23-2017, 11:10 AM
If he played for the Lakers, you would be sucking his dick.

That's a fact!

A nigga like Kiwi would choke under the bright lights of Lakaland.

Ice009
08-23-2017, 11:52 PM
A nigga like Kiwi would choke under the bright lights of Lakaland.

He grew up watching Kobe and Shaq, so he knows what it's all about. He's played his ass off in every finals he's been in (you know, the brightest lights an NBA player can play under). You're an idiot. He'd be a god in LA as he'd maybe be the best ever local player you guys have had (correct me if I am wrong on that one as I don't think any other Lakers legends are from the area?).