PDA

View Full Version : "But, all my trials Lord, soon be over"...

Thread
08-16-2017, 02:42 PM
I was walking down Dodge Street in Omaha marking time till Girl got off work. The sidewalk was sun bleached & scalding, the humidity unbearable as word filtered thru the walking dead...Elvis, he was gone.

jrsbC-IMayg

SpursforSix
08-16-2017, 02:46 PM
Nm

Thread
08-16-2017, 04:51 PM
"I'll Remember You long after this endless summer is gone..."

dmdfAvt-h3k

SpursforSix
08-16-2017, 05:16 PM
My bad. I just realized what you're doing. The same day as the gay Richard Jefferson pic broke.
Anyhoo, I'll remove Morris Day and crew from the tribute.

SpursforSix
08-16-2017, 05:18 PM
My bad. I just realized what you're doing. The same day as the gay Richard Jefferson pic broke.
Anyhoo, I'll remove Morris Day and crew from the tribute.

I remember vividly when I found out. I had little clue as to who he was but I remember seeing the break in and then telling my parents. Mom was shocked. She'd seen him live at some point in Arkansas.

SpursforSix
08-16-2017, 05:20 PM
I was in Georgia at my Grandmas. During that week long trip, I got my first BB gun and ate Georgia Clingfrees right off the tree. How's that for three moments.

Thread
08-16-2017, 06:42 PM
I was in Georgia at my Grandmas. During that week long trip, I got my first BB gun and ate Georgia Clingfrees right off the tree. How's that for three moments.

Ain't nothing like a BB gun. It's incredible. I found one at a Savers a few months back. It's a pump action shotgun. I couldn't wait to get that home. First off I painted the orange safety ring around the barrel a nice mat black. Just pumping that thing is a thrill. It's just mind blowing. She's still finding those BB's in the house. "I hope you didn't break anything of mine. Did you break something of mine, Dale?"

"Of course not."

"I can't believe you shot that thing in the house. This is not right, Dale. What did you break of mine?"

"I didn't break anything, honey-bun."

tee, hee.

Chris
08-17-2017, 12:43 AM
He was before my time unfortunately. I enjoyed The Rock's homages though.

2JO9FlBOhhE

Man I miss the 90's.

Thread
08-17-2017, 02:38 AM
He was before my time unfortunately. I enjoyed The Rock's homages though.

2JO9FlBOhhE

Man I miss the 90's.

Yep, it was a grand time. You thought it'd last forever. Alas, that never happens.

McMahon gave us exactly what we wanted and just as much as we wanted. That's extremely rare. Sure, he made big money, but, doesn't change the fact that he did it perfectly.

Chucho
08-17-2017, 02:55 AM
I still wanna try his favorite sammich, just in a human serving size. Bacon and pbnj? Fucking win if ever there was one.

Avante
08-18-2017, 12:50 AM
I was over at my cousins Eva Dean. I was just a little kid she was 14. So her and some of her friends are all excited about some singer on The Ed Sullivan Show. Yep....Elvis. So there they are all...he's sooooooooooooooo cute, and acting all goofy.

I liked Hank Williams better.

I have a tape mix....

Louis Armstrong
Bessie Smith
Jimmie Rodgers
Jellyroll Morton
The Carter Family
Lead Belly
Robert Johnson
Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
Billie Holliday
Muddy Waters
Frank Sinatra
Roy Acuff
Woody Guthrie
Hank Williams
Howlin' Wolf
Chuck Berry
Patsy Cline
Elvis

SpursforSix
08-18-2017, 11:44 AM
I still wanna try his favorite sammich, just in a human serving size. Bacon and pbnj? Fucking win if ever there was one.

I've never had it with jelly.

But I have had a grilled peanut butter bacon sandwich with cheese. My mom used to make that for me for breakfast.
It might sound gross but it's fucking awesome. It's actually better as an open face. So you have a piece of toast with peanut butter, then the bacon, and then a piece of cheese melted on top.

DMC
08-18-2017, 11:35 PM
I was walking down Dodge Street in Omaha marking time till Girl got off work. The sidewalk was sun bleached & scalding, the humidity unbearable as word filtered thru the walking dead...Elvis, he was gone.

jrsbC-IMayg

Seems cheesy until you consider he wasn't an Elvis impersonator.