PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi for Lebron

TheyCallMePro
08-16-2017, 05:27 PM
With the news from Chris Sherridan that Lebron is "100% leaving Cleveland next year" what do you think about this trade? Kawhi for Lebron.

Obviously Lebron has a no trade clause in his contract, but he can waive it. Lebron has always admired Pop, and there's already been rumors that he'd like to play for the Spurs.

He would need to commit to signing an extension of course -- but honestly, who wouldn't do this? I love Kawhi, but we would be as just good if not in a better position next year with Lebron. Plus he would attract other talented players like he always has and bring the spotlight to our franchise. For the Spurs organization and the team itself, this would be a huge win-win.

Who says no?

Emperor
08-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Everyone says no.

SpursforSix
08-16-2017, 05:32 PM
With the news from Chris Sherridan that Lebron is "100% leaving Cleveland next year" what do you think about this trade? Kawhi for Lebron.

Obviously Lebron has a no trade clause in his contract, but he can waive it. Lebron has always admired Pop, and there's already been rumors that he'd like to play for the Spurs.

He would need to commit to signing an extension of course -- but honestly, who wouldn't do this? I love Kawhi, but we would be as just good if not in a better position next year with Lebron. Plus he would attract other talented players like he always has and bring the spotlight to our franchise. For the Spurs organization and the team itself, this would be a huge win-win.

Who says no?

I'd rather have unprotected sex with your mom's AIDS vagina.

RD2191
08-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Kill yourself, also permaban.

Robz4000
08-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Everyone says no.

tholdren
08-16-2017, 05:50 PM
I'd rather have unprotected sex with your mom's AIDS vagina.:bobo

TimDunkem
08-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Fuck you.

SpursforSix
08-16-2017, 06:11 PM

Who says no?

I'd rather lick your sisters cancer nipples.

phxspurfan
08-16-2017, 06:17 PM
absolutely not

SpurOutofTownFan
08-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Lebron will go to the Spurs next year to play with Kawhi

DJR210
08-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Eat a shotgun shell you cocksucker

Leetonidas
08-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Fuck no. Kawhi is only 25 and a top 3 player in the league 1st worst. LeBron as good as he is, will succumb to gather time like every other player before him at some point. No thanks

I. Hustle
08-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Sadly, we all succumb to gather time at some point.

illusioNtEk
08-16-2017, 07:08 PM
KL has 10 years of greatness, LeBron only 3...

KL will make the Spurs Relevant for a long time.

tmtcsc
08-16-2017, 07:10 PM
Gather Time is undefeated.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hUXSFaQ1zyiE8/giphy.gif

TheGreatYacht
08-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Why would Lebron want to play for another shit front office?

Strategic
08-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Amateur night?

cd98
08-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Is this a troll thread?

TheDoctor
08-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Pink this fucker.

bic50
08-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Damn :lol

DieHardSpursFan1537
08-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Consider suicide faggot.

UZER
08-16-2017, 08:20 PM

C'mon now...that's a stretch. Heyooo!

SpursforSix
08-16-2017, 10:23 PM
C'mon now...that's a stretch. Heyooo!

There's no stretch. I have to shove my arm in there just to make it normal. But then I have to scrape sores off my arm for a week or so.

Down Under
08-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Honestly, by this years playoffs, I'd expect Kawhi to be the best player in the league given his continued improvement. LeBron's still the best right now but his defense is porous & will continue to slip & his shot his still inconsistent

RLT
08-17-2017, 09:46 AM
This can't be serious?

james evans
08-17-2017, 09:57 AM

Who says no?
let's see, a guy who would be 15 years in the league for a guy who is without a doubt the best offensive/defensive player in the league who'd be on his 7th year. Yeah that's sound fair... foh with this dumb shit...

heyheymymy
08-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Die in a fire op

SPURt
08-17-2017, 10:18 AM
http://68.media.tumblr.com/5594c3f28ec687338959c90cc5439815/tumblr_olx7rbDlvT1ud3ay7o1_500.gif

Chillen
08-17-2017, 11:52 AM
As amazing of a basketball player as James is, Leonard has to much upside at the moment to even be traded for Lebron, Westbrook, Durant or Curry, in other words he is untouchable. I think LeBron also has a no trade clause like Melo.

DeRozan m8
08-17-2017, 03:26 PM
What kind of moron would post this?

DAF86
08-17-2017, 03:43 PM

Who says no?

I'd rather finger your grandpa's hemorrhoidal asshole.

DAF86
08-17-2017, 03:45 PM

Who says no?

I'd rather drink a cup of your uncle's infertile semen.

DAF86
08-17-2017, 03:48 PM

Who says no?

I'd rather bite your cousin's pus infected asscheek zits.

Gagnrath
08-19-2017, 09:22 AM
Gather Time is undefeated.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hUXSFaQ1zyiE8/giphy.gif

Really. I have not seen father time defeat either Afernee Hardaway nor Tim Duncan, Duncan in particular was looking as good at 39 as at 34 as a knee injury happened.

DMC
08-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Anyone who thinks the Spurs are going to put legit talent around Kawhi is misleading themselves. Look at the shit they put around Tim for years. The cinderella story of the league is Parker and Manu rising from unknowns to HOFers, because of Tim Duncan. It made Pop and RC look like geniuses, when in reality they were just being cheap as fuck. Sure it worked, but look at all the years that we had shit talent around Tim, when we thought a washed up Thomas or McDyess were going to matter.

You really think Kawhi is going to get any real help? Unless they grow it from scratch, there won't be any. Without the leadership of Tim Duncan, any home grown legit talent will likely chase money elsewhere. You better take Lebron while you can (it's not an option, just off season shit talk) because Lebron will pull ring chasers and people who want face time.

Biggest FA in recent memory, LMA, regrets his decision to come here.

Let's not get all dick sucky over Kawhi. He's a great player, but you're going to spend the next few seasons complaining about how the refs fucked us, or how some big oaf like Zaza neutralized Kawhi. You won't have even a puncher's chance at a ring.

Chillen
08-19-2017, 12:39 PM
You really think Kawhi is going to get any real help? Unless they grow it from scratch, there won't be any. Without the leadership of Tim Duncan, any home grown legit talent will likely chase money elsewhere. You better take Lebron while you can (it's not an option, just off season shit talk) because Lebron will pull ring chasers and people who want face time.

Well if Spurs trade for Kyrie, LeBron ain't coming. He probably ain't coming anyway but Spurs have a shot at signing LeBron next season despite reports he wants LA. A James and Leonard duo would have a Jordan and Pippen appeal, James would have Leonard's back and Leonard would have Jame's back, would be fun to watch as an NBA fan.

DMC
08-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Well if Spurs trade for Kyrie, LeBron ain't coming. He probably ain't coming anyway but Spurs have a shot at signing LeBron next season despite reports he wants LA. A James and Leonard duo would have a Jordan and Pippen appeal, James would have Leonard's back and Leonard would have Jame's back, would be fun to watch as an NBA fan.

I don't think a top tier superstar like James would tuck himself away in San Antonio, in a system format. The platitudes these players utter to the press about respect for Pop and the Spurs really don't equate to decisions made during free agency.

Chillen
08-19-2017, 01:29 PM
I don't think a top tier superstar like James would tuck himself away in San Antonio, in a system format. The platitudes these players utter to the press about respect for Pop and the Spurs really don't equate to decisions made during free agency.

I agree but you never know.

Trainwreck2100
08-19-2017, 09:27 PM
eat a bullet and donate your organs, just make sure you damage your brain so your stupid don't infect the world.

SpursforSix
08-19-2017, 09:40 PM

All LeBron wants is 7 rings.

DMC
08-19-2017, 09:55 PM

That's the hook. The angle is he really wants to be a billionaire. That's not going to happen in SA, probably not in Cleveland either.

tholdren
08-19-2017, 10:10 PM

But hes a piece of shit. 12 rings hed still be a loser

SPURt
08-19-2017, 10:29 PM
That's the hook. The angle is he really wants to be a billionaire. That's not going to happen in SA, probably not in Cleveland either.
Probably not in any city just playing basketball. Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, and Shaquille O'Neal have all won titles in big markets and none are billionaires. Jordan created the most popular shoe in America for the past thirty years that's why he's a billionaire. MJ definitely capitalized on being the GOAT and profited off of opportunities from being the best ever but Jordan made every correct decision off the court to become a billionaire.

Lebron definitely has a shot at becoming a billionaire but it'll happen after he's done playing if it ever happens. He might even get a bump from inflation but it's hard becoming a billionaire from playing basketball. Jordan is not only the greatest player to ever play in the NBA and the best business man to ever play in the league but he might be the luckiest. There is something to be said for the timing of Jordan's success with no social media available. I don't think it's possible for another player to rival Jordan's off court success being as everyone has been trying to copy Jordan ever since inevitably over saturating the market.

DMC
08-20-2017, 01:11 AM
Probably not in any city just playing basketball. Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, and Shaquille O'Neal have all won titles in big markets and none are billionaires. Jordan created the most popular shoe in America for the past thirty years that's why he's a billionaire. MJ definitely capitalized on being the GOAT and profited off of opportunities from being the best ever but Jordan made every correct decision off the court to become a billionaire.

Lebron definitely has a shot at becoming a billionaire but it'll happen after he's done playing if it ever happens. He might even get a bump from inflation but it's hard becoming a billionaire from playing basketball. Jordan is not only the greatest player to ever play in the NBA and the best business man to ever play in the league but he might be the luckiest. There is something to be said for the timing of Jordan's success with no social media available. I don't think it's possible for another player to rival Jordan's off court success being as everyone has been trying to copy Jordan ever since inevitably over saturating the market.

James Harden signed a 200m dollar shoe contract and a 250m dollar player contract. His yearly was 46m. Lebron's was 86m. Lebron has 10x the selling power Harden has. He just needs to capitalize on it in a major market, not in Cleveland or San Antonio.

I'd think Lebron has a legit shot of making becoming a billionaire. He has to curb his lavish spending however and focus on investment, else he'll be another Curtis Jackson.

SpursforSix
08-20-2017, 03:08 AM

Nope.

But hes a piece of shit. 12 rings hed still be a loser

Yep.

I can't stand him.

SPURt
08-20-2017, 06:00 AM
James Harden signed a 200m dollar shoe contract and a 250m dollar player contract. His yearly was 46m. Lebron's was 86m. Lebron has 10x the selling power Harden has. He just needs to capitalize on it in a major market, not in Cleveland or San Antonio.

I'd think Lebron has a legit shot of making becoming a billionaire. He has to curb his lavish spending however and focus on investment, else he'll be another Curtis Jackson.
I think Lebron is at an estimated $400 million right now. He'd need to play for another 7 years with very little spending to get there at his current playing and earning level. It's possible. I'm curious to see how the new economics of the NBA changes the salary ceiling on max players over time.

z0sa
08-20-2017, 06:30 AM
I would not trade Kawhi for LeBron. I dont think that theres any upside to that trade. Meanwhile I think LeBron is on his way down. It is really a mutually non beneficial trade; one side wants prestige and an easy ride through the east; the other one is looking for more upside and for Kawhi to improve. That is about it, when you think about it from a logical perspective.

Canyonero
08-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Excellent bait by OP. Bravo.

daslicer
08-20-2017, 01:07 PM
I think Lebron is at an estimated $400 million right now. He'd need to play for another 7 years with very little spending to get there at his current playing and earning level. It's possible. I'm curious to see how the new economics of the NBA changes the salary ceiling on max players over time.

Lebron or any of these athletes will never be billionaires. Tiger Woods came the closest up until the media destroyed him for him cheating on his wife. Around that point of time his net worth was somewhere around 800 million. Prior to that incident Tiger had the perfect image along with abundance of endorsements. Factor in Lebron has never had a perfect image with fans. You either love him or hate him. That makes it very difficult for him to score the type of endorsement money that Tiger was getting granted Lebron still does make a lot of money with endorsements.

Secondly to be a billionaire you have to create something that can make a lot of money. If you read about how the majority of billionaires have made their money it's through businesses they created that sold products that were high in demand. I doubt Lebron has the capability to do this.

SPURt
08-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Lebron or any of these athletes will never be billionaires. Tiger Woods came the closest up until the media destroyed him for him cheating on his wife. Around that point of time his net worth was somewhere around 800 million. Prior to that incident Tiger had the perfect image along with abundance of endorsements. Factor in Lebron has never had a perfect image with fans. You either love him or hate him. That makes it very difficult for him to score the type of endorsement money that Tiger was getting granted Lebron still does make a lot of money with endorsements.

Secondly to be a billionaire you have to create something that can make a lot of money. If you read about how the majority of billionaires have made their money it's through businesses they created that sold products that were high in demand. I doubt Lebron has the capability to do this.
Totally agree, my post before this one you quoted basically was saying the best shot Lebron has is through investments and Jordan got to be a billionaire through a perfect storm. My main point previously is Lebron's team location isn't going to impact him becoming a billionaire. I'd be shocked if ever creates anything valuable. He was born with a body that has enabled him to become rich and famous.

YGWHI
08-20-2017, 06:45 PM
You really think Kawhi is going to get any real help? Unless they grow it from scratch, there won't be any. Without the leadership of Tim Duncan any home grown legit talent will likely chase money elsewhere.

But with Tim in his prime the Spurs didn't sign a FA superstar either.

It wasnt about Tim's leadership, it's not about Kawhi being able to lure FAs now, it has always been about a team in a small market with a frugal FO.

I would pay $1M to see Bron's face when he begins to demand changes, new additions, while recruiting expensive big names, and RC tells him the team can't afford those players' contract...

DMC
08-20-2017, 06:54 PM
But with Tim in his prime the Spurs didn't sign a FA superstar either.

It wasnt about Tim's leadership, it's not about Kawhi being able to lure FAs now, it has always been about a team in a small market with a frugal FO.

I would pay $1M to see Bron's face when he begins to demand changes, new additions, while recruiting expensive big names, and RC tells him the team can't afford those players' contract...

I said that. I also said that, without Tim, no home grown talent would stick around. People wanted to play with Tim, no one wants to play with Tony and Kawhi is just too introverted to "know". You going to stay on a team who's best player never speaks to you? Who's PG is a washed up slow poke who think he's got 5 more good years ahead of him, who Pop won't hesitate to put into the game in crucial moments so he can stat pad? On a team where your spark off the bench is going to be who, exactly? Patty Mills?

No one says "I wanted to play along side Tony Parker"

Diego20
08-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Trade Porker for lebron

YGWHI
08-20-2017, 07:20 PM
I said that. I also said that, without Tim, no home grown talent would stick around. People wanted to play with Tim, no one wants to play with ...Kawhi is just too introverted to "know". You going to stay on a team who's best player never speaks to you?

I love when people act like Tim was the most extroverted player in his mid 20's...

Insecure stars, some LMA-Irving types who seek the spotlight, they think that quiet unselfish team-first Kawhi is the perfect teammate to play alonside...

Then when Kawhi's getting attention being MVP and DPOY candidate for two consecutive seasons, they regret the decision of joining the Spurs after they were failing badly in playoffs without him...

But one thing was clear from the very first moment, they already wanted to play with Kawhi.

dbreiden83080
08-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Most GM's would not even do this. And even if he came and won a few chips, it is meh. He is a guy that bandwagon's his way around.

DMC
08-20-2017, 07:32 PM
I love when people act like Tim was the most extroverted player in his mid 20's...

Insecure stars, some LMA-Irving types who seek the spotlight, they think that quiet unselfish team-first Kawhi is the perfect teammate to play alonside...

Then when Kawhi's getting attention being MVP and DPOY candidate for two consecutive seasons, they regret the decision of joining the Spurs after they were failing badly in playoffs without him...

But one thing was clear from the very first moment, they already wanted to play with Kawhi.

I love it when people act like the world and everyone in it speaks in bifurcated tone, that it's ok to assume something then pretend it was actually said.

Tim is one of the most well liked players in the NBA since he joined the league. Kawhi, no one knows him. He's a great player, but does he stand on the sidelines tapping players on the head as they walk to the lockerroom, like a mother goose counting her young? No. Kawhi is just Kawhi.

The league is full of unselfish players. Kawhi isn't a PG, his PG is Tony, who is selfish. No one ever said "I want to play alongside Tony Parker because he's so unselfish".

dbreiden83080
08-20-2017, 07:48 PM

Never happening. He is 33 next year Jordan had won the 6th by age 35.

YGWHI
08-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Kawhi, no one knows him...but he does he stand on the sidelines tapping players on the head as they walk to the lockerroom, like a mother goose counting her young?
Of course not. I doubt any other Spur would do it because everyone knows on the team that was Tim's thing. Like his pregame "hugging the ball" or "hanging on the rim" Nobody will repeat it.

But also anyone who watched Spurs games last season already knew that Kawhi was talking a lot with Murray Kyle Simms...

Yep, the player who supposedly "never speaks to you" was talking and helping the young guys....

Even Murray wanted to spend a week this summer training with that silent and unknown player.

"but but no one wants to play with Kawhi :cry "

YGWHI
08-20-2017, 08:00 PM
The league is full of unselfish players.
Full of unselfish players at MVP level? No really.

DMC
08-20-2017, 08:29 PM
Of course not. I doubt any other Spur would do it because everyone knows on the team that was Tim's thing. Like his pregame "hugging the ball" or "hanging on the rim" Nobody will repeat it.

But also anyone who watched Spurs games last season already knew that Kawhi was talking a lot with Murray Kyle Simms...

Yep, the player who supposedly "never speaks to you" was talking and helping the young guys....

Even Murray wanted to spend a week this summer training with that silent and unknown player.

Kawhi thus far has not exhibited strong leadership signs. In fact he's almost reluctant to adapt to that role, and that's why Tony keeps the reigns currently as the HoTS.

DMC
08-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Full of unselfish players at MVP level? No really.

No one gives two shits if Kawhi is at MVP level. They care if Kawhi gets the Spurs a lot of media attention for good reasons. He doesn't. He gets Kawhi attention because he's the fucking stealth bomber below the radar that the rest of the league fears. Playing along side him doesn't garner you more praise. No one says "man, Kawhi made fathead so much better". Kawhi is working on Kawhi's game. It's fine, but let's not pretend people are lining up to play along side him.

skulls138
08-20-2017, 08:42 PM
I have zero doubts about Kawhi on any level. Leading by example is the best leadership because you respect other players intelligence. When Kawhi does what he does and youre not even close, it speaks for itself. If youre not self motivated at this level, whats the use of talking

YGWHI
08-20-2017, 09:38 PM
Kawhi thus far has not exhibited strong leadership signs. In fact he's almost reluctant to adapt to that role, and that's why Tony keeps the reigns currently as the HoTS.

I'm having a hard time trying to find out if you're blind or just stupid.

Everyone on the Spurs talked about Kawhi's leadership last season, how he was embracing his new role, how he has been transitioning nicely into the leader..

You're gonna die after this but like it or not even his teammates said his leadership style is starting to resemble Tim's way.

YGWHI
08-20-2017, 09:58 PM
They care if Kawhi gets the Spurs a lot of media attention for good reasons. He doesn't
Kawhi sells more jerseys than Harden, has a better NBA2K rating than Curry only Bron/KD are higher...Those are stupid off court things that the media loves...And it seems he's not that bad at it.

He gets Kawhi attention because he's the fucking stealth bomber below the radar that the rest of the league fears.
I wouldnt say under radar when he was already MVP candidate in two straight seasons, 3rd in MVP run over Harden, Curry according to Bovada this new season.

No one says "man, Kawhi made fathead so much better"
YOU dont say that. But many people realized after last playoffs how much Kawhi makes his teammates better...He got injured and they collapsed.

It's fine, but let's not pretend people are lining up to play along side him.

It's funny because LMA was the best FA in 2015..Irving is one of the best player who'll get traded in 2017... But we have to pretend that NO ONE wants to play alogside him

DMC
08-20-2017, 10:25 PM

Everyone on the Spurs talked about Kawhi's leadership last season, how he was embracing his new role, how he has been transitioning nicely into the leader..

You're gonna die after this but like it or not even his teammates said his leadership style is starting to resemble Tim's way.

Of course they talk about it. What do you expect them to say, he's autistic?

The eyeball test clearly shows Kawhi focuses 90% on Kawhi's game, and the running of the team is done by committee when Tony isn't on the floor.

DMC
08-20-2017, 10:30 PM
Kawhi sells more jerseys than Harden, has a better NBA2K rating than Curry only Bron/KD are higher...Those are stupid off court things that the media loves...And it seems he's not that bad at it.

Way to move the goalpost. The NBA and team cares that Kawhi sells jerseys. Other players want limelight. San Antonio and Kawhiet doesn't equal limelight, as LMA found out.

You think HEB commercials air outside of the local area?

I wouldnt say under radar when he was already MVP candidate in two straight seasons, 3rd in MVP run over Harden, Curry according to Bovada this new season.

Under radar. Any time James Harden, Mr "make it rain at the club, not in the playoffs" is mentioned in the MVP talk before the best 2 way player in the game, he's under radar. Are you fucking retarded?

YOU dont say that. But many people realized after last playoffs how much Kawhi makes his teammates better...He got injured and they collapsed.

That anonymous "many people" claim.

It's funny because LMA was the best FA in 2015..Irving is one of the best player who'll get traded in 2017... But we have to pretend that NO ONE wants to play alogside him

And LMA is eyeing the road and quit mentally already.

Are you claiming that LMA actually played?

Way to kick your own ass.

dabom
08-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Is DMC one of the worst watered-down faux-intellectuals on ST? :lol

DMC
08-20-2017, 10:48 PM

Why are you stalking me? You looking for pointers?

Hoping one day to be edgy and insignificant like you, a nebulous grey pile of faggotry indistinguishable from 1000 other grey shit posters.

dabom
08-20-2017, 10:51 PM
Thinking you're superior because your name is bold. :lmao :lol

No poster actually cares what you say here. What does that say about you? :lol

tholdren
08-21-2017, 05:56 AM

No poster actually cares what you say here. What does that say about you? :lol
Dmc is chinook is chumpdumper.

Ice009
08-21-2017, 08:46 AM

I've got a question. Do you think Murray will end up working with Kawhi at all this off-season? Because almost every other off-season that Kawhi was supposed to work with someone, it didn't appear to happen. I don't know if that was by his choice or not? He was supposed to work with Tim Grover a few off-seasons ago, then he was supposed to work with Kobe Bryant, but neither of those took place as far as I know. I wonder what the deal is. I wonder if he really likes to keep to himself or what. I'm not complaining, though, as the results he's getting by doing it his way speak for themselves.

I just wonder why he says he's going to work with someone and never seems to do it.

Also, I've asked this numerous times, but since the season starts earlier, does that mean training camp also starts earlier? Like sometime in September?

bic50
08-21-2017, 09:14 AM
I've got a question. Do you think Murray will end up working with Kawhi at all this off-season? Because almost every other off-season that Kawhi was supposed to work with someone, it didn't appear to happen. I don't know if that was by his choice or not? He was supposed to work with Tim Grover a few off-seasons ago, then he was supposed to work with Kobe Bryant, but neither of those took place as far as I know. I wonder what the deal is. I wonder if he really likes to keep to himself or what. I'm not complaining, though, as the results he's getting by doing it his way speak for themselves.

I just wonder why he says he's going to work with someone and never seems to do it.

Also, I've asked this numerous times, but since the season starts earlier, does that mean training camp also starts earlier? Like sometime in September?
Did Kawhi actually say he was going to workout with those people?

Ice009
08-21-2017, 10:07 AM
Did Kawhi actually say he was going to workout with those people?

I remember him saying he wanted to work with Tim Grover, and I also read that they were supposed to workout, but no, I didn't hear Kawhi say it. Tim Grover was the one that said Kawhi came up to him, I think it was during the 2013 finals and told him that he wanted to work with him. Nothing happened that off-season, but I'm sure I read during the 2014 off-season he was supposed to. The Kobe thing was more hearsay that he was going to work with him. I mean, a lot of people obviously heard about the Kobe thing because NBA players such as Demarcus Cousins actually thought he did work with him.

Horse
08-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Fuck you.

Yeah Fuck you!

DMC
08-21-2017, 12:55 PM

No poster actually cares what you say here.

Then

What does that say about you? :lol

:lol idiot

YGWHI
08-21-2017, 10:59 PM
he's autistic
Obviusly you're stupid. No more doubts now.

The eyeball test clearly shows Kawhi focuses 90% on Kawhi's game, and the running of the team is done by committee when Tony isn't on the floor.
Because you're the only guy here who wants to ignore Kawhi's improvements as playmaker in last playoffs.

During last Spurs championships:
Tony Parker
in 2007 playoffs 5.8 apg
in 2014 playoffs 4.8 apg

Kawhi
in 2017 playoffs 4.6 apg

YGWHI
08-21-2017, 11:34 PM
I remember him saying he wanted to work with Tim Grover, and I also read that they were supposed to workout, but no, I didn't hear Kawhi say it. Tim Grover was the one that said Kawhi came up to him, I think it was during the 2013 finals and told him that he wanted to work with him.
That was just a convo after a game. Grover is fantastic but also he has a high profile. While Kawhi only works in LA, always with the same people...Who knows.

We saw DJ's pics/vids training with IT/Bron...If he already was or will stay a week in San Diego training with Kawhi we won't see a photo nor hear them talking about that until the training camp.

DMC
08-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Obviusly you're stupid. No more doubts now.

Because you're the only guy here who wants to ignore Kawhi's improvements as playmaker in last playoffs.

During last Spurs championships:
Tony Parker
in 2007 playoffs 5.8 apg
in 2014 playoffs 4.8 apg

Kawhi
in 2017 playoffs 4.6 apg

Quote out of context angle... no one ever thought of that.

:lol leadership /= playmaker

:lol player fans

YGWHI
08-22-2017, 11:34 PM
Quote out of context angle... no one ever thought of that.

:lol leadership /= playmaker

:lol player fans
Leadership = playmaker? I wonder when I said it.

But also Im not the stupid guy who said...."The eyeball test clearly shows Kawhi focuses 90% on Kawhi's game, and the running of the team is done by committee when Tony isn't on the floor. " when then last playoffs stats prove you were so wrong.

DMC
08-23-2017, 08:14 PM

Leadership = playmaker? I wonder when I said it.

But also Im not the stupid guy who said...."The eyeball test clearly shows Kawhi focuses 90% on Kawhi's game, and the running of the team is done by committee when Tony isn't on the floor. " when then last playoffs stats prove you were so wrong.

I said he's not displayed leadership, you counter with his play making.

Kawhi can focus on his game without being greedy. Part of his game is play making. Tim focused on other players' games. He led because he was concerned and wanted to help out others. Kawhi is trying to elevate himself. He hasn't gotten to the "elevate others" point because he's no Tim Duncan.

You don't know shit about basketball if you think "running the team" can be seen in your stats.

rastaspur
08-24-2017, 09:41 PM

He will. And he will spend 90% of the time tweeting and taking pictures to document his grind.

I'm hoping this kid isn't loul deng in that it's all a front akin to the danny ferry comment.

Don't worry about advertising and documenting the grind. Just stfu and do it.

Ice009
08-25-2017, 02:56 AM
He will. And he will spend 90% of the time tweeting and taking pictures to document his grind.

I'm hoping this kid isn't loul deng in that it's all a front akin to the danny ferry comment.

Don't worry about advertising and documenting the grind. Just stfu and do it.

Yeah, that is true. He should just do it and say that he did after or when asked about it. After I saw his play earlier in Summer League, I then began to think, was he even working out much in all those pictures he was taking in the practice facility after the playoffs ended? His play really made me question if he worked on his game much at all, or if he only did very little work and was just taking pictures to make it look like he was working his ass off.

YGWHI
09-06-2017, 10:10 AM
I said he's not displayed leadership, you counter with his play making...You don't know shit about basketball if you think "running the team" can be seen in your stats.

Spurs' coach and players started to praise Kawhi's leadership last season. DMC:"I don't care what they said, eye test says.."

Kawhi's improved running the team. DMC "I don't care about stats, eye test says..."

So funny. Like people will trust in your eye test. :lol

but but no ones wants to play with Kawhi :cry
I feel bad for you when other players talk about Kawhi

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2017/09/john-wall-lists-his-top-5-nba-players-says-hes-top-2-way-pg-in-the-game-video/

All I know about this new season is you'll have a very hard time trying to prove that Kawhi's improvemets dont exist.

DMC
09-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Well the team says Tony Parker is a great guy but he tried to fuck Brent Barry's wife so the eye test works really well there.

There's a difference between running the offense and leading the team.

I don't expect someone who named themselves after a certain player to have any objectivity regarding that same player.

Of course he's going to have improvements, I said Kawhi works on Kawhi, that means he will get better but his teammates won't get better because of the work he put in with them. He's in a bubble of sorts. The Spurs will benefit from that but he's not a mentor. A leader is a mentor.

Which player has gotten better because of Kahwi? Danny Green has gotten worse, Patty Mills has probably gotten worse, I can't think of anyone who worked with Kawhi to improve their game.

YGWHI
09-06-2017, 11:55 AM
"but but if you have a player's something on your nick you can't say anything about that player :cry"

Good to know that all those Ducan Manu Tony Parker nicks here never talked about those three players.

Anyway, DMC should get use to these Kawhi's now since...

TheDoctor
09-06-2017, 12:13 PM
CJ's always praising Kawhi. Paving his way to become a Spur?

bic50
09-06-2017, 02:24 PM
He'd be welcomed

bic50
09-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Well the team says Tony Parker is a great guy but he tried to fuck Brent Barry's wife so the eye test works really well there.

There's a difference between running the offense and leading the team.

I don't expect someone who named themselves after a certain player to have any objectivity regarding that same player.

Of course he's going to have improvements, I said Kawhi works on Kawhi, that means he will get better but his teammates won't get better because of the work he put in with them. He's in a bubble of sorts. The Spurs will benefit from that but he's not a mentor. A leader is a mentor.

Which player has gotten better because of Kahwi? Danny Green has gotten worse, Patty Mills has probably gotten worse, I can't think of anyone who worked with Kawhi to improve their game.
Wtf?

DMC
02-04-2018, 12:45 PM

You still think Kawhi is a leader?

lol, group thinking faggot

sasaint
02-04-2018, 01:48 PM

Nah, clearly hasn't gotten over himself.

Expert
04-04-2018, 01:52 AM

How's this going btw?

DMC
10-13-2018, 12:57 AM
Still going on this. Crickets from the shit take crew. :lol

"leader" :lmao

YGWHI
10-14-2018, 08:42 AM
Still going on this. Crickets from the shit take crew. :lol

"leader" :lmao
Unless you're part of the team, going to practices/traveling with them, you have to believe what coaches and players said.

Manu was never forced to talk about Kawhi's MVP candidacies in those two previous years, he didn't say a word about...Then, we should assume he wasn't forced by media when he said that Kawhi's leadership reminds him of Tim's in his first years as Spur.
Then Manu -and Pop and Parker- questioned his injury in public...Things can change.

I still believe Kawhi was improving his leadership, talking with the young guys, working with them and helping them like Ramona said on those days.
For a reason, DJ and Brandon supported him.

In the same way, you can read he's talking with OG, Pascal and the rookies this preaseason.

Because we're Spurs' fans we take for granted FMVP's, HOFers, multiple champions on our team. Our rookies always saw NBA legends like Pop and the Big3 sharing with them in a practice, in the locker room...Raptors young guys never had that.
They admire Kawhi even if he doesn't reach his MVP form, or if they realize they're stronger and faster than him now...

Sadly, he showed signs of mortality in the worst moment, he got mad, frustrated, he let bad and greedy advisors take control/run the show...He was unprofessional. It doesn't matter if he had reasons or not to be angry, he could handle it in a better way.

YGWHI
10-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Anyway, it's funny that people talk in this thread about LeBron as a good, positive leader.

The guy who threw teammates under the bus in front media, manipulated GMs to fire coaches, to change rosters

He's still the best player in the world, at this point of his career it's clear he made a pact with the Devil to remain eternally healthy...but he was never a team-first guy.

DMC
10-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Unless you're part of the team, going to practices/traveling with them, you have to believe what coaches and players said.

Manu was never forced to talk about Kawhi's MVP candidacies in those two previous years, he didn't say a word about...Then, we should assume he wasn't forced by media when he said that Kawhi's leadership reminds him of Tim's in his first years as Spur.
Then Manu -and Pop and Parker- questioned his injury in public...Things can change.

I still believe Kawhi was improving his leadership, talking with the young guys, working with them and helping them like Ramona said on those days.
For a reason, DJ and Brandon supported him.

In the same way, you can read he's talking with OG, Pascal and the rookies this preaseason.

Because we're Spurs' fans we take for granted FMVP's, HOFers, multiple champions on our team. Our rookies always saw NBA legends like Pop and the Big3 sharing with them in a practice, in the locker room...Raptors young guys never had that.
They admire Kawhi even if he doesn't reach his MVP form, or if they realize they're stronger and faster than him now...

Sadly, he showed signs of mortality in the worst moment, he got mad, frustrated, he let bad and greedy advisors take control/run the show...He was unprofessional. It doesn't matter if he had reasons or not to be angry, he could handle it in a better way.

He was never aimed in the "leadership" direction. He was always aimed in the "Kawhi" direction. Clearly you don't understand the concept of leadership if you think Kawhi ever showed signs of it.

DMC
11-24-2018, 10:41 PM
Spurs' coach and players started to praise Kawhi's leadership last season. DMC:"I don't care what they said, eye test says.."

Kawhi's improved running the team. DMC "I don't care about stats, eye test says..."

So funny. Like people will trust in your eye test. :lol

I feel bad for you when other players talk about Kawhi

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2017/09/john-wall-lists-his-top-5-nba-players-says-hes-top-2-way-pg-in-the-game-video/

All I know about this new season is you'll have a very hard time trying to prove that Kawhi's improvemets dont exist.

"Kawhi was a great player, but he wasn't a leader or anything," Popovich told reporters of Leonard, the 2014 NBA Finals MVP and two-time Defensive Player of the Year. "Manu and Patty were the leaders. Kawhi's talent will always be missed, but that leadership wasn't his deal at that time. That may come as he progresses, but Manu and Patty filled that role last year, and LaMarcus [Aldridge] came a long way in that regard also."

:lol