PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley: Worrying About Statues, Neo-Nazis 'Wasted Energy'

ducks
08-18-2017, 11:47 AM
NBA Hall of Fame player Charles Berkley spoke out about the recent push to remove Confederate statues, saying that worrying about it is "wasted energy," The Rouser reports.
In an interview with WRBC-TV痴 Rick Karle is his home state of Alabama, Barkley said, "I知 not going to waste my time worrying about these confederate statues."

"You know what I知 going to do? I知 going to keep doing great things. I知 going to keep trying to make a difference, No. 1 in the black community because I知 black. But I知 also going to try to do good things in the world.

"I知 not going to waste my time screaming at a neo-Nazi who痴 going to hate me no matter what. And I知 not going to waste my time worrying about these statues. I致e always ignored them."
When asked what should be done with the statues, Barkley, who once considered running for governor of Alabama in 2014, said, "I知 54-years-old. I致e never thought about those statues a day in my life. If you ask most black people, they haven稚 thought a day in their lives about those stupid statues."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/charles-barkley-neo-nazis-wasted-energy/2017/08/18/id/808393/

hater
08-18-2017, 01:02 PM
He shares my thoughts on the issue tbqh

Smart man

z0sa
08-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Pretty much

spurraider21
08-18-2017, 01:04 PM
That's why I don't understand snowflakes getting triggered over their removal

DarrinS
08-18-2017, 01:06 PM
Seems consistent with a recent poll I saw where majority of black people didn't give a shit about those statues.

Xevious
08-18-2017, 01:18 PM
Seems consistent with a recent poll I saw where majority of black people didn't give a shit about those statues.
Probably the majority of white people too. I mean, it's a fucking statue. Take it down, leave it up... I've got better shit to worry about.

Thread
08-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Probably the majority of white people too. I mean, it's a fucking statue. Take it down, leave it up... I've got better shit to worry about.

The kicker? They probably have security guards 24/7 in back of city hall where they've left it. I'd love to have something like that in the front yard.

SpursforSix
08-18-2017, 01:20 PM

Yep. I couldn't care less about statues or the names of elementary schools. I don't even care about the supposed "slippery slope".

Spurminator
08-18-2017, 01:22 PM

Your poll said 40% had no opinion. That's not a majority

Spurminator
08-18-2017, 01:24 PM
There are very few issues that a majority of people care about, but those aren't the only issues that policy comes from.

If you don't care, let the legislative process work it out. I find that a good number of people who "don't care" tend to only direct their snark at one of the side that does.

pgardn
08-18-2017, 01:29 PM
He shares my thoughts on the issue tbqh

Smart man

Yep.

Barkley thought Argentina was in Europe. Worldy guy.

Anybody know what other entertainers think?
I was looking for a quote from Flavor Flav.
Ducks, get on this. Has OJ mentioned anything?

SpursforSix
08-18-2017, 02:16 PM
There are very few issues that a majority of people care about, but those aren't the only issues that policy comes from.

If you don't care, let the legislative process work it out. I find that a good number of people who "don't care" tend to only direct their snark at one of the side that does.

I don't know. I think that most people who say they don't care really don't care. And if it's a poll, people will tend to want to provide an opinion one way or the other. I believe that when it comes down to it, a majority really don't give a shit.
Like someone said above, there are more important things to worry about.

boutons_deux
08-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Sir Charles has as much difficulty with thinking as he does with English and grammar

Thread
08-18-2017, 02:29 PM
Sir Charles has as much difficulty with thinking as he does with English and grammar

& ringin'.

Spurminator
08-18-2017, 02:32 PM
I don't know. I think that most people who say they don't care really don't care. And if it's a poll, people will tend to want to provide an opinion one way or the other. I believe that when it comes down to it, a majority really don't give a shit.
Like someone said above, there are more important things to worry about.

Fair but people who volunteer their lack of interest outside of a poll situation or interview probably care more than they're letting on.

SpursforSix
08-18-2017, 02:40 PM
Fair but people who volunteer their lack of interest outside of a poll situation or interview probably care more than they're letting on.

Maybe. But I believe that there are a lot of people that feel they need to express an opinion. Regardless of how strongly they believe in it. That being said, I'm not sure how that could be confirmed.
And it doesn't take into account how strongly they believe one way or the other. If you provided them a list of issues and had them rank them from 1-10 on how strongly they cared, I'd guess that statues are pretty low.

It's similar to having a kid whose hair is too long. Some parents will fight that battle to the end while the rational ones will eventually concede the point.

I'm not sure where I'm going with all of that.

hater
08-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Statues. Something only a pussyhat wearing freak would worry about

Pavlov
08-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Statues. Something only a pussyhat wearing freak would worry aboutSo why post so much about them?

Xevious
08-18-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure. I for one only offered my lack of interest because it is getting so much attention now. Everything that is happening around the globe and here at home... this is what people (on both sides of the argument) are chosing to get bent out of shape about? Protests leading to violence, etc.

Spurminator
08-18-2017, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure. I for one only offered my lack of interest because it is getting so much attention now. Everything that is happening around the globe and here at home... this is what people (on both sides of the argument) are chosing to get bent out of shape about? Protests leading to violence, etc.

There are exceptions. And really, what super important stuff do you think city governments spend every day on?

hater
08-18-2017, 04:30 PM
So why post so much about them?

You tell me pussyhatter

Pavlov
08-18-2017, 04:35 PM
You tell me pussyhatterThat's a freak out post. You're freaking out over this.

hater
08-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Sure pussyhatter

Pavlov
08-18-2017, 04:45 PM
:lol Trumpees get shook and start repeating themselves in multiple threads.

Xevious
08-18-2017, 04:47 PM
And really, what super important stuff do you think city governments spend every day on?
Good point, I guess.

ducks
09-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Waste of energy

pgardn
09-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Waste of energy

Have you got a quote from OJ yet?

Trainwreck2100
09-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Yes but getting together and getting a statue taken down gives them a shallow sense of accomplishment, that they wouldn't get from actually trying to affect real change in legislature, that they could never get passed.

Spurminator
09-04-2017, 10:24 AM
gives them a shallow sense of accomplishment, that they wouldn't get from actually trying to affect real change in legislature, that they could never get passed.

Sort of like erecting the statues in the first place, tbh.

Thread
09-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Sort of like erecting the statues in the first place, tbh.

But, when they put one out front of the Alamo of that faggot Duncan you'll be happier than a pig in shit.