PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol: If Grizzlies don’t share my goal of continued growth, we might have to re

ducks
08-18-2017, 11:48 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marc-gasol-grizzlies-don-t-210021776.html

illusioNtEk
08-19-2017, 12:03 AM
He seems rather slow for my taste.... Today's NBA going to run circles

SpursforSix
08-19-2017, 01:22 AM
Spurs will sign him in a few years.

Spurtacular
08-19-2017, 06:22 AM
He took the paycheck over going to a contender; that's his problem; though, I don't think it's much of a problem. Play some ball and rake in cash just for being a big oaf; pretty sweet deal.

SpursforSix
08-19-2017, 07:10 AM
He took the paycheck over going to a contender; that's his problem; though, I don't think it's much of a problem. Play some ball and rake in cash just for being a big oaf; pretty sweet deal.

Nothing wrong with it. He didn't want to move his family or be away from them. In the end, who cares if you won a ring (which isn't guaranteed). You have a shitload of money and your family is happy. Sign me up for that.

Dverde
08-19-2017, 07:22 AM
We'd still lose to GSW with both Gasols minus LMA.

jermaine
08-19-2017, 07:52 AM
We'd still lose to GSW with both Gasols minus LMA.

I highly doubt that!

cd021
08-19-2017, 07:59 AM
Wonder if he's mad that ZBO left, they are actually very close from stories that I read.

Spurtacular
08-19-2017, 08:23 AM
Nothing wrong with it. He didn't want to move his family or be away from them. In the end, who cares if you won a ring (which isn't guaranteed). You have a shitload of money and your family is happy. Sign me up for that.

I guess; but I'm not a fan of guys who can't cut the cord for long enough to ring. That's half ass to me.

CGD
08-19-2017, 09:38 AM
If Grizz find they need to save 50M, a LMA-Gasol would help both teams, just saying...

LMA effectively on an expiring this year.

ducks
08-19-2017, 09:42 AM
He mad lost his drug supply

EIC
08-19-2017, 11:44 AM
If Grizz find they need to save 50M, a LMA-Gasol would help both teams, just saying...

Would take that deal in a heartbeat. LMA is a soft, no-heart bitch. Gasol at least tries.

james evans
08-22-2017, 06:11 PM
Spurs will sign him in a few years.
yep, when he's washed up and can't hit a layup

ceperez
08-22-2017, 06:58 PM

Going to happen!

BillMc
08-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Advance $$$ has already been sent to the Gasol family through Pau, tbh.

RC > Magic Johnson at tampering. :lol

Slippy
08-22-2017, 09:46 PM
Advance $$$ has already been sent to the Gasol family through Pau, tbh.

RC > Magic Johnson at tampering. :lol

Haha thats what i was thinking.

Ice009
08-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Well, is this the next target now after missing out on Kyrie?

cd98
08-22-2017, 10:38 PM
Well, is this the next target now after missing out on Kyrie?

Only for Spurstalk.

Atl Spur
08-23-2017, 06:42 AM
Going to happen!

I like it����

ceperez
08-23-2017, 07:04 AM
I’m very ambitious and I’ve wanted Memphis to be a great franchise. We’ve grown a lot the last 6-7 years, but we have to keep growing. If this is not lined up, maybe we may have to revisit things.

You don't make a public statement like this unless you got every intention to bolt!

Marc Gasol at 32 knows that its his last chance to compete at a high level. That is not happening with the Grizzlies.

Just like Kyle Irving forced a trade, Memphis is likely to trade Gasol for LMA. Practically a done deal. The more he talks to Pau in the summer, the more he's going to bolt. That's why Pau was paid the big bucks. The deal is in motion and the Spurs are going to have the Gasol brothers as their front line. That's why there was no urgency to sign up another big.

sasaint
08-23-2017, 07:35 AM
You don't make a public statement like this unless you got every intention to bolt!

Marc Gasol at 32 knows that its his last chance to compete at a high level. That is not happening with the Grizzlies.

Just like Kyle Irving forced a trade, Memphis is likely to trade Gasol for LMA. Practically a done deal. The more he talks to Pau in the summer, the more he's going to bolt. That's why Pau was paid the big bucks. The deal is in motion and the Spurs are going to have the Gasol brothers as their front line. That's why there was no urgency to sign up another big.

Makes for a great narrative, anyway... May your crystal ball be crystal clear.

callo1
08-23-2017, 07:51 AM
Well, thankfully he doesn't rely on athletic ability, so his game / shot should be there for a long while.

Mr. Body
08-23-2017, 08:02 AM

You're bonkers.

rjv
08-23-2017, 10:02 AM
start a gasol for aldridge thread!!

dabom
08-23-2017, 10:02 AM
start a gasol for aldridge thread!!

We already got one.

cutewizard
08-24-2017, 01:59 AM

Yes

BatManu20
08-24-2017, 03:43 AM
Too young. Spurs won't sign him til he's 34 and past his prime tbh.

Chillen
08-24-2017, 12:06 PM
If Grizzlies trade Marc you would think they would want picks, young talent to build around. LMA would be great for them as an expiring contract but Spurs would have to add future picks.

CGD
08-24-2017, 12:58 PM
If Grizzlies trade Marc you would think they would want picks, young talent to build around. LMA would be great for them as an expiring contract but Spurs would have to add future picks.

Maybe, but they also shed 50m. You could argue they should be giving Spurs something.

apalisoc_9
08-24-2017, 01:01 PM
Lamarsha is better than Gasol.

phxspurfan
08-24-2017, 01:19 PM
I knew it would be only one poster to bump an old thread like this

ceperez
08-24-2017, 06:03 PM

Sure, not a problem, throw in Dejounte Murray as a sweetner and hire back Boris Diaw for the vet minimum.

Parker, Mills, White, Forbes
Green, Manu, Paul
Leonard, Bertans
Gay, Lauvergne, Diaw
Gasol, Gasol

15 players total

TD 21
08-24-2017, 06:43 PM
Seems destined to happen at some point. Wouldn't rule out the trade deadline or off season, but 2 years from now (player option) is more likely.

Would rather Aldridge for the same reasons as in '15 though. I view him, Gasol and I'll throw in Love as being in the same class, but he's more valuable because those two are virtually unplayable defensively against the Warriors and Rockets.

mookie2001
08-24-2017, 07:23 PM
How the hell can you be a 7-1 all star center and average 6 rebounds a game? So embarrassing

rastaspur
08-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Wonder if he's mad that ZBO left, they are actually very close from stories that I read.

Yep. Everybody loves the dude who brings 2 pounds of weed to a block party.

rastaspur
08-24-2017, 08:59 PM

How bout you share some of that peyote with me.

cutewizard
08-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Marc Gasol at center

Gay and Kawhi at forward

Lebron and Dejounte at guard!!!