PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Hire Knicks exec as Assistant GM

lefty
08-24-2017, 10:43 AM
:lol CN

The Los Angeles Clippers are hiring Knicks executive Mark Hughes as assistant general manager, league sources tell The Vertical.

StrengthAndHonor
08-24-2017, 10:46 AM
Hughes was responsible for the Porzingis draft tbh.

Clipper Nation
08-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Hughes was responsible for the Porzingis draft tbh.
And the Hernangomez, Gallinari, Frye, and Hardaway Jr. picks, for that matter. The Knicks have actually drafted well during Hughes' time there, they've just sucked at everything else. Especially their disastrous free agent signings - but since we hired one of the top CBA experts in the league (Michael Winger) as our new GM, I'm not really concerned about that for us.

I'm guessing Hughes will continue to focus on the draft while West, Frank, Winger and Redden handle the rest of the moves. Overall, I like what we've done with our front office, tbh. We've brought in several highly-regarded executives on the rise and given the opportunity to learn from The Logo. And Doc no longer has any decision-making power. Ballmer deserves some props for admitting to his mistakes and sparing no expense to correct them.

Mitch
08-24-2017, 11:30 AM
Will they hire Zen Master as well?

StrengthAndHonor
08-24-2017, 11:38 AM
And the Hernangomez, Gallinari, Frye, and Hardaway Jr. picks, for that matter. The Knicks have actually drafted well during Hughes' time there, they've just sucked at everything else. Especially their disastrous free agent signings - but since we hired one of the top CBA experts in the league (Michael Winger) as our new GM, I'm not really concerned about that for us.

I'm guessing Hughes will continue to focus on the draft while West, Frank, Winger and Redden handle the rest of the moves. Overall, I like what we've done with our front office, tbh. We've brought in several highly-regarded executives on the rise and given the opportunity to learn from The Logo. And Doc no longer has any decision-making power. Ballmer deserves some props for admitting to his mistakes and sparing no expense to correct them.

This^^^