PDA

View Full Version : Scola back in business

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
10-16-2005, 09:45 PM
First game of the Spanish League new season for Tau Ceramica, they beat Adecco Estudiantes 81-75.

Scola's stats:
Minutes played: 35
53% FG (8/15)
50% FT (1/2)
5 Defensive Rebounds
7 Offensive Rebounds (12 Rebounds combined)
3 Assists
2 Steals
2 Turnovers
1 Block

If he keeps improving his rebounding and defense, will he have a chance to be a Spur next season?

ObiwanGinobili
10-16-2005, 09:48 PM
i hope so.
he;d be here this yesr if Tau didn't pull that mill's + mill's buy out bullshit.

blackbucket
10-16-2005, 09:49 PM
First game of the Spanish League new season for Tau Ceramica, they beat Adecco Estudiantes 81-75.

Scola's stats:
Minutes played: 35
53% FG (8/15)
50% FT (1/2)
5 Defensive Rebounds
7 Offensive Rebounds (12 Rebounds combined)
3 Assists
2 Steals
2 Turnovers
1 Block

If he keeps improving his rebounding and defense, will he have a chance to be a Spur next season?

Not unless he gets that buyout lessened by about 90%!

ducks
10-17-2005, 09:16 AM
put up those numbers so you can be traded
mr I want the mle before I play one nba game

mookie2001
10-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Scola is more valuable as a potential player, being a topic of conversation on spurstalk

batman2883
10-17-2005, 09:19 AM
Scola is the fucking man, and the spurs would make me very upset for a long time, if they didnt keep his rights.....Scola will rock you like the cats at GLOBOGYM...where they are better than you, and they know it

Kip Fanatic
10-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Scola has yet to play one game in the NBA. Its all speculation Bat.

batman2883
10-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Well im sorry if i go off his performances in other countries, and in the olympics...the dude has some skill, and imo, i think he will have an excellent transition from Euro to NBA

Kip Fanatic
10-17-2005, 10:24 AM
He might. Its not sure is all I am saying. People said the same thing about a lot of other guys and a lot of them never played up to the hype.

WalterBenitez
10-17-2005, 12:32 PM
What about his buyout? how much is it in 2006?

Kori Ellis
10-17-2005, 12:38 PM
His buyout is still the same unless they get Tau to agree to a lesser amount, right?

Rescueone
10-17-2005, 05:52 PM
I believe it decreases every year. No idea how much it is next year. Remember, he must buy out his own contract, and the Spurs can only contribute a certain amount per NBA rules ($600,000 range) and that's it.

Brutalis
10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Well im sorry if i go off his performances in other countries, and in the olympics...the dude has some skill, and imo, i think he will have an excellent transition from Euro to NBA

This is why lots of Euro guys flop. They are so used to and put up great numbers over there, then come here to be shut down with a faster, more inyourface style of basketball. This is why I have secretely fantasized about the best Euro team by vote playing the NBA Champs of that year. I honestly think that Laker team, and our Spurs teams not to mention MJ or Hakeem or what was before it would dominate them. (of course the fine print would be what rules to use, place of game, even ticket sales, etc, etc) It would never happen.

Basically what I'm saying is, we could use him, but we don't need him. I think most Spurs fans have a certain level of expected talent that Scola has to prove on our floor before he is anything worth getting all hyped about.

boutons
10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
"No idea how much it is next year."

IIRC, there is no "next year".

The question this summer was whether to try to negotiate a sane buyout now, or get him for free, no buyout next summer after his contract expires.

ducks
10-17-2005, 07:07 PM
his contract expires 2008

Mr_MVP21
10-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Didn't the team say they were trying to negotiate with the team to lower the buyout? I thought I read somewhere that they were doing that.

ducks
10-17-2005, 09:58 PM
have they not tried for the last 2 years
and last year they really tried and spurs said if you will not give us scola we will take orberta

Mr_MVP21
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Not to mention, scola was pissed off we signed with oberto. He also mentioned that he wanted a trade. Pfft..like that will happen.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
10-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Not to mention, scola was pissed off we signed with oberto. He also mentioned that he wanted a trade. Pfft..like that will happen.

Now where did you read that? Can you quote him saying exactly that?

cheguevara
10-18-2005, 01:43 PM
It's true he did mention he wanted a trade. He just wants to play in the NBA period. But his contract is so bad, it could have been written by Don King productions, so it's his own fault.

yavozerb
10-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Send em Rasho and the 600K...Well come out like bandits!!!!!!!!!

Man In Black
10-18-2005, 04:06 PM
I just love it when people make shit up. It makes places like this more entertaining. Any real basketball fan who does a little bit of research would find that Scola was actually happy for Oberto despite his inability to procure his release from TAU.

You Rasho haters(of which there are many) will be pissed once Nazr refuses to re-sign for the Spurs discount. RECOGNIZE...It's a distinct possibility.

nkdlunch
10-18-2005, 04:27 PM
I just love it when people make shit up. It makes places like this more entertaining. Any real basketball fan who does a little bit of research would find that Scola was actually happy for Oberto despite his inability to procure his release from TAU.

You Rasho haters(of which there are many) will be pissed once Nazr refuses to re-sign for the Spurs discount. RECOGNIZE...It's a distinct possibility.

I didn't say he wasn't happy. I said he asked for a trade:

There are 29 more teams but the Spurs own your rights. Have you asked to be traded?

"Yes, because it is the only option. They have my rights but don't count on me for the roster. They used all the money and they have all the positions full, so there is no place for me there. I imagine they will search for solutions not to waste me." - Scola

jabol130
10-18-2005, 05:05 PM
If Oberto will be good back up C, we will trade Rasho this year, resign Nazr next year and bring Scola over at that time. Win another championship this season and many over the next few years with the Argentian 1-2-3 punch. Yeah!
Seriously, we need a good shot blocking center as a back up, a Ben Wallace,Dalembert kind of guy if we get rid of Rasho, Oberto is more of a PF and I'm not sure if we need Scola. But if Nazr doesn't resign next year, I would love to see Scola here.

jabol130
10-18-2005, 05:11 PM
BTW why does everyone pronounce Mohammed's name Nazi or Nazzee. His name is Nazr and should be pronounced the same way you pronounce Nazir or Nasir. I'm no expert on pronounciation of muslim names but it ticks me off and is extremely annoying to hear everyone call him that. I could be wrong and maybe he prefers to be called that, but I'm pretty sure about the right pronounciation that name.

Kori Ellis
10-18-2005, 06:49 PM
BTW why does everyone pronounce Mohammed's name Nazi or Nazzee. His name is Nazr and should be pronounced the same way you pronounce Nazir or Nasir. I'm no expert on pronounciation of muslim names but it ticks me off and is extremely annoying to hear everyone call him that. I could be wrong and maybe he prefers to be called that, but I'm pretty sure about the right pronounciation that name.

Nazr is pronounced Nah-Zee, according to Nazr himself and according to the pronouncation guide issued by the NBA.

Rescueone
10-18-2005, 09:03 PM
:tu
Nazr is pronounced Nah-Zee, according to Nazr himself and according to the pronouncation guide issued by the NBA.