PDA

View Full Version : The real threat to our republic is the Orwellian Antifa

TSA
08-27-2017, 03:58 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/348137-the-real-threat-to-our-republic-is-the-orwellian-antifa?amp

Over the past few months, we have finally entered the fully realized historical revisionism promised in George Orwell's "1984," in which the motto, "Who controls the present controls the past. Who controls the past controls the future," was central to shaping the book's dystopian world. In the book, history was continually being rewritten and re-promulgated to meet the political necessities of the moment. There was no history to be remembered, let alone lessons to be learned.

For all the talk of Trumpian bluster or exaggeration, there is only one group that seeks to systematically and violently achieve its goals here in the United States on a broad scale: the so-called "anti-facist" movement, now commonly called "Antifa." And the goal? It's not "anti-facist" or "anti-racist" as they attempt to portray themselves. It's the systematic elimination of free speech, free assembly, and free thought via any means necessary, including violent protest, the media and Orwellian revisionism.

It is the imposition of a perverse type of intolerance based on Marxist and Chinese communist values that, it turns out, is far more welcome and pervasive within the Democrat Party of Sens. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) than neo-Nazis, the KKK and white supremacists are in the Republican Party. The gunman, James Hodgkinson, who shot Rep. Steve Scalise and four others in Alexandria was a habitual Antifa website visitor and advocate and Sanders volunteer. Even Democrat vice presidential candidate, Sen. Tim Kaine's (D-Va.) son has been identified as an Antifa activist.

Yet, the media would have us believe that it is the white supremacist movement that is the real threat to our republic. Consider that most media estimates put the Antifa movement, largely built out of the "Occupy" movement of 2008-2010, at more than 200,000 members. The Southern Poverty Law Center, on the other hand, puts the number of Klu Klux Klan members at about 6,000 KKK ...in a country of almost 330 million. But actions speak volumes compared to mere numbers.

The vandalized statue of Christopher Columbus? Antifa. The statue torn down in Charlotte, N.C.? Antifa. The violence in Charlottesville? Antifa. The violence in Seattle? Antifa. Not excusing the vile nature of the white supremacist protest, but it was a licensed march that remained comparatively nonviolent, albeit troubling, until, as one eyewitness described it, "It started raining balloons filled with urine, feces, paint, burning chemicals & boards with nails driven into them."

This violence against reprehensible, yet innocent citizens, and more importantly, law enforcement, which the Antifa routinely violently opposes, is not the result of a few bad apples. It's the fundamental philosophy of the loose confederation of Antifa cells, much of it laid out for all to read on "how to" websites.

Ominously, the group that over the past few years has preferred baseball bats, axe handles, even small flag poles - all with nails installed to make them latter day DIY maces - is upgrading their arsenal. Consider what Daryl Jenkins, a national Antifa leader said recently, "If we care about [our country], we're the ones who need to go out there and do what needs to be done. More and more to the hard left, you start seeing people willing to bear arms. I don't run with people who don't care for guns all that much."

Increasingly, the violence we are seeing on the streets is not the result of the alt-right movement, but of the Antifa movement imposing their views on our society: tearing down statues, burning the American flag, shutting down town hall meetings, destroying private property and looting. All of it tactical toward achieving the goals of destroying the American culture, society and economy. Never mind that the tactics are themselves the tactics of the fascist.

Yet, the likes of CNN and the New York Times and Washington Post spend much of their time touting the alt-right threat. Why? A couple of reasons. First, most mainstream media types are philosophically inclined toward anti-establishment organizations from the start; they see little wrong with crypto-fascist violence if the stated goals are in line with their own values systems.

Second, that the Antifa movement hides behind its opposition to the Trump administration gives them the veneer of respectable protest the mainstream media needs to protect them. Finally, it's a lot harder to look in a mirror and admit that your own values are being corrupted, when you can easily point your finger at others and judge, especially if the mob encourages and rewards you for doing so.

But as the Antifa movement showed during the Obama administration, with riots and violence during global economic meetings in Washington, D.C. and elsewhere, their ilk have little loyalty to even their most ardent supporters and enablers. The media like CNN and others on the Left coddling them should be careful; you can only embrace vipers for so long before they turn on you.

boutons_deux
08-27-2017, 04:39 PM
:lol

How many antifa are there? who is the leader(s)? are they supported by the Dem or any party or poitician?

Holy shit, you whiny, dickless, self-victimizing Nazis/racists/KKK/white supremacists really, really don't like any pushback, do you? :lol

Orwellian? :lol

who is this Nazi nut job? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Ryun

Spurminator
08-27-2017, 04:52 PM
They're going to have to be addressed on a larger scale, and they will be at some point.

Hopefully no one gets killed first.

boutons_deux
08-27-2017, 04:58 PM
They're going to have to be addressed on a larger scale, and they will be at some point.

really? "addressed" how?

think they are gonna do their own versions of OKC bombing, and bombing, shooting up black churches, Tulsa massacre, murdering LGBT?

Spurminator
08-27-2017, 05:13 PM
really? "addressed" how?

think they are gonna do their own versions of OKC bombing, and bombing, shooting up black churches, Tulsa massacre, murdering LGBT?

It doesn't matter that they're not doing those things you named, they're purposefully creating chaos and a culture of violence and intimidation, and it's not helping anyone.

The Democratic Party needs to denounce them and distance themselves from them, or Antifa will cost them elections. It's perilous for liberals to align with anarchist vandals who threaten police officers and intimidate people while hiding behind masks. These idiots seriously think of themselves as heroes, like their bricks and clubs are going to be what stops fascism in this country instead of millions and millions of voters, most of whom don't see criminal behavior as heroic.

boutons_deux
08-27-2017, 05:18 PM
It doesn't matter that they're not doing those things you named, they're purposefully creating chaos and a culture of violence and intimidation, and it's not helping anyone.

The Democratic Party needs to denounce them and distance themselves from them, or Antifa will cost them elections. It's perilous for liberals to align with anarchist vandals who threaten police officers and intimidate people while hiding behind masks. These idiots seriously think of themselves as heroes, like their bricks and clubs are going to be what stops fascism in this country instead of millions and millions of voters, most of whom don't see criminal behavior as heroic.

antifa is only pushing back specifically against you KKK/Nazi/racists, who themselves are attacking 10Ms of blacks, browns, yellows, LGBT

false equivalence, no "both sides".

Mikeanaro
08-27-2017, 05:21 PM
antifa is only pushing back specifically against you KKK/Nazi/racists, who themselves are attacking 10Ms of blacks, browns, yellows, LGBT

So Antifa are good people?

Spurminator
08-27-2017, 05:23 PM

:lol

I didn't make an equivalence, you stupid piece of shit. What is wrong with you? They don't have to be as bad as Nazis to still be misguided. Being anti-racist is the easiest thing in the world to be, and it doesn't require hiding behind masks and throwing bricks through Starbucks windows.

Thread
08-27-2017, 05:26 PM
That chick in the movie had big fuckin' beaver.

boutons_deux
08-27-2017, 05:51 PM
antifa is only intimidating Nazis/KKK/racists.

NOT a "threat to the Republic", while you rightwingnuts and your Repugs/right wing hate media/oligarchy/Christian Taliban have been strategically dividing, polarizing the Republic for decades.

Pavlov
08-27-2017, 06:03 PM
That is super scary hyperbole we have come to expect from TSA. Antifa is only a real threat to the Democratic Party if they aren't denounced as Spurminator said. Otherwise, they just don't have any numbers or organization or balls to actually do anything OP thinks they will. The idea of an organized 200k strong group of violent Antifa ready to act at a moments notice is bullshit. Wake me when we get a message from the elected President/Dictator/Leader of Antifa with their completely composed and ratified manifesto.

Spurminator
08-27-2017, 06:08 PM
That is super scary hyperbole we have come to expect from TSA. Antifa is only a real threat to the Democratic Party if they aren't denounced as Spurminator said. Otherwise, they just don't have any numbers or organization or balls to actually do anything OP thinks they will. The idea of an organized 200k strong group of violent Antifa ready to act at a moments notice is bullshit. Wake me when we get a message from the elected President/Dictator/Leader of Antifa with their completely composed and ratified manifesto.

Also this.

boutons_deux
08-27-2017, 06:09 PM
"Antifa is only a real threat to the Democratic Party"

WTF?

Dems haven't supported antifa, antifa isn't the base of or associated with the Dems,

unlike the Nazis/racists/KKK who are in the solid core of the Repugs base, as emboldened, encouraged by Trash, they have been dog-whistled, cultivated by the Repugs since Goldwater.

"both sides" :lol

The biggest threat to the Republic is the stupidity, ignorance of 10Ms, 100M?, Americans. 80% of Repugs STILL support Trash, and polls show Ms think there's no problem with Nazis/KKK

Pavlov
08-27-2017, 06:16 PM
[COLOR=#000000]"Antifa is only a real threat to the Democratic Party"

WTF?

Dems haven't supported antifa, antifa isn't the base of or associated with the DemsIt's all about optics.

Idiots like average Trump supporters and disingenuous fear mongers like TSA will be increasingly desperate to link the two as Trump keeps burying them in his shit. The Democrats need to get ahead of it and categorically denounce violence in any demonstration or gathering and tell Antifa members to do the same or go fuck themselves. Heyer's martyrdom has temporarily given the left the moral high ground. They can't lose it to a bunch of dorks armed with piss bottles.

Spurminator
08-27-2017, 06:17 PM
antifa is only intimidating Nazis/KKK/racists.

Which one of those things is this guy?

Doesn't matter that the Dems haven't supported Antifa. They should still distance, because these idiots are going to be all over Republican campaign commercials.

Pavlov
08-27-2017, 06:24 PM

Doesn't matter that the Dems haven't supported Antifa. They should still distance, because these idiots are going to be all over Republican campaign commercials.Saved by apparent black member of the media.

Even something like that is absolutely terrifying to old MAGAts and an endless red meat supply for Tucker and shitposters.

Spurminator
08-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Alt-Right Twitter keeps trying to link them somehow to Hillary Clinton, which is pretty laughable since they probably hated Clinton just as much as they hate Trump.

Pavlov
08-27-2017, 06:42 PM
I'm sure someone on ar15.com is calling them a Soros funded Obama shadow army.

Also, fuck TSA's OP douche. This Ryun guy was in such a rush to pin the statue destruction on Antifa he couldn't even get the city right. The only affiliation listed for those arrested in Durham has been with the Wobblies, and that organization needs to disavow the acts of three of their members as well. EDIT: well, at least the local chapter looks like it wants in on the bullshit. Stupid.

Chris
08-27-2017, 06:50 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21106793_1769784556382357_6308486157062643502_n.jp g?oh=f7f56b256f519f08811bd5d13d36f825&oe=5A2E8E8E

Pavlov
08-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Shitposters and mememakers are going to pimp the Antifa brand more than Antifa.

Chris will prove.

Chris
08-27-2017, 07:05 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20953389_1667103070007601_1645150009481053650_n.jp g?oh=d5c1ceb52e1ee178f228429656b0c7dc&oe=5A315EDE

Chris
08-27-2017, 07:06 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21192122_1304056803054480_1314191909546473960_n.jp g?oh=5e29ca5b173cc7ba60a53f5106382d13&oe=5A287368

Chris
08-27-2017, 07:13 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Thread
08-27-2017, 07:25 PM

Exactly. It's like on that "Cops" show. The one jailer said they're all bad asses till he locks the cell door behind 'em then they're all cryin' for their mothers. & real tears too.

AaronY
08-27-2017, 07:26 PM

Troof bombs

Thread
08-27-2017, 07:29 PM
Troof bombs

My white ass. Wise up. They didn't distance themselves from BLM. They ain't distancing themselves from this group.

SnakeBoy
08-27-2017, 07:33 PM
lol Dems need to denounce.

They're a funded wing of the party.

Wake Up Sheeple!

AaronY
08-27-2017, 07:38 PM
lol Dems need to denounce.

They're a funded wing of the party.

Wake Up Sheeple!

Lol.

SnakeBoy
08-27-2017, 07:52 PM
That's right, I'm bringin back "Sheeple" people.

AaronY
08-27-2017, 08:06 PM
I don't know why they don't denounce antifia honestly. With BLM (which is not like the black KKK like cubby and the white trash wing of the Republicans think) they would lose a lot of the black community since I think BLM has large African American support. I have to think or hope that there is not a huge dem support for fucking dorks who go into demonstrations wearing riot gear and go into things with pink shields and fucking helmets to do battle with nazis and shit.

Spurminator
08-27-2017, 08:11 PM
I don't know why they don't denounce antifia honestly. With BLM (which is not like the black KKK like cubby and the white trash wing of the Republicans think) they would lose a lot of the black community since I think BLM has large African American support. I have to think or hope that there is not a huge dem support for fucking dorks who go into demonstrations wearing riot gear and go into things with pink shields and fucking helmets to do battle with nazis and shit.

They haven't really been challenged to do so yet, but I don't think they understand how much of the mouth-breather set on the right associate Dems with Antifa.

They need to get out ahead of it. It's very easy to denounce violence, and they'd have support from most liberals, especially the ones who show up to these rallies hoping for a peaceful protest.

Thread
08-27-2017, 08:17 PM

Stubborn. And you're right,,,they crossed a line with this bunch, but, they can't let go. It's Trump, he's driven them into a new level where they've never ventured before,,,the low road, that's where they set (us) (right OR wrong) with all of our happy horseshit. Now, we're not alone. They're right next to use and NEITHER of us can quite grasp the reality. It's so freaking weird I had to pinch myself to admit to me that they're wrong and this Antifa is wrong. And I'm still waiting to get the rug pulled out from neath me!

UZER
08-27-2017, 09:16 PM

So...both sides?

AaronY
08-27-2017, 09:27 PM
So...both sides?
Not in Charlottesville but in other places. And nothing near as offensive as "The Jews Will not replace us" horseshit that everyone was chanting there and which you guys conveniently ignore when talking about all the good people were there. but yeah in some cases like with all those retards in Berkeley for sure and I don't think any normal people gets involved in any of these stupid protests.

Trainwreck2100
08-27-2017, 10:18 PM
Are they the real threat? No
Are they a threat? Idiots in masks are always a threat

UZER
08-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Not in Charlottesville but in other places. And nothing near as offensive as "The Jews Will not replace us" horseshit that everyone was chanting there and which you guys conveniently ignore when talking about all the good people were there. but yeah in some cases like with all those retards in Berkeley for sure and I don't think any normal people gets involved in any of these stupid protests.

Speaking of convenient.

AaronY
08-27-2017, 10:29 PM
Speaking of convenient.
Yeah, I don't know if you're retarded or what but in that one people was walking around chanting about the Jews and running people over with cars so you guys take the L on that one in terms of your extremists being worse. Keep your chin up maybe some left wing terrorists will blow some shit up and you can do some gloating.

DMC
08-27-2017, 10:47 PM

If a few of them get popped, that would keep the social media adrenaline junkies away from the group. So many of them are just anonymous wieners looking for something to do. Make it real for them. See how committed they are.

Chucho
08-27-2017, 10:49 PM
Antifa is abhorrent. No defense of them, they are bigotted and intolerant and violent. Need to be denounced NOW.

Fear mongering goes both ways, Pavie. Antifa wouldn't exist without the decrepti, inepit Oligarchs of the Left scaring them into being chickenshit, insane faux vigilantes pretending their psuedo morality and decency is being attacked by such a small segment that marched, but have to group the entire Right in with them to make it seem more than the estimated >50k dirty, inbred shit-for-brains white trash is trying to "ruin muh country".

UZER
08-27-2017, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I don't know if you're retarded or what but in that one people was walking around chanting about the Jews and running people over with cars so you guys take the L on that one in terms of your extremists being worse. Keep your chin up maybe some left wing terrorists will blow some shit up and you can do some gloating.

Just take the L on both sides. You've already admitted it. You even spelled out how they're a problem. But your're tap dancing with "not in Charlottesville".

Chucho
08-27-2017, 10:56 PM

So....extremists being "worse" is defined by body count? 1 to 0. Ok, what about unfounded property damage? Keeping people from giving speeches?

Good lord, you're a special kind of awful. It's ok, both sides are taking Ls. People sooooo focused on dick measuring contests and taking it down to such a petty means to see who is on the proper side is sad. Both sides are to blame, both sides are just deplorable, to refute that is just as bad. I used to think you were a hanger-on like Reck, but you're worse.

AaronY
08-27-2017, 10:58 PM
Just take the L on both sides. You've already admitted it. You even spelled out how they're a problem. But your're tap dancing with "not in Charlottesville".

Nah. When one side is chanting about the Jews and running people over with cars its not even a moderately close contest no matter how much you may try to get people lost in a maze of moral relativism. Like I said just take the L on that one. Then keep your chin up maybe some left wing terrorists will blow some shit up and you can do some gloating.

Spurminator
08-27-2017, 11:06 PM
If a few of them get popped, that would keep the social media adrenaline junkies away from the group. So many of them are just anonymous wieners looking for something to do. Make it real for them. See how committed they are.

And who's going to pop them? Alt Right marchers? Cops? What's the scenario where you think violent retaliation actually reduces the energy of that group?

That's basically the Antifa philosophy: "Maybe if they're scared they'll shut up." It's working really well so far.

Maybe everyone should bring more artillery to mug for the cameras.

UZER
08-27-2017, 11:10 PM
Nah. When one side is chanting about the Jews and running people over with cars its not even a moderately close contest no matter how much you may try to get people lost in a maze of moral relativism. Like I said just take the L on that one. Then keep your chin up maybe some left wing terrorists will blow some shit up and you can do some gloating.

Tap tap tap

AaronY
08-27-2017, 11:16 PM
So he is retarded. what a waste of time that was

boutons_deux
08-27-2017, 11:35 PM
nazis/racists here with the usual defense:

non-right-wingers are just as bad as right wingers.

DMC
08-27-2017, 11:45 PM
And who's going to pop them? Alt Right marchers? Cops? What's the scenario where you think violent retaliation actually reduces the energy of that group?

That's basically the Antifa philosophy: "Maybe if they're scared they'll shut up." It's working really well so far.

Maybe everyone should bring more artillery to mug for the cameras.

I don't know who's going to pop them. When shit gets real, only the committed will remain. Those will be easier to deal with because they are the extremists and our LEO have the ability to ferret those out. It's the poser faggots that make it annoying. These coffee house idiots who think it's a social gathering with cool costumes, LARPing at the rally.

DMC
08-27-2017, 11:49 PM
So....extremists being "worse" is defined by body count? 1 to 0. Ok, what about unfounded property damage? Keeping people from giving speeches?

Good lord, you're a special kind of awful. It's ok, both sides are taking Ls. People sooooo focused on dick measuring contests and taking it down to such a petty means to see who is on the proper side is sad. Both sides are to blame, both sides are just deplorable, to refute that is just as bad. I used to think you were a hanger-on like Reck, but you're worse.
Maybe they kill each other and the moderates can watch and eat popcorn.

Pavlov
08-28-2017, 02:34 AM
I currently think Antifa as a group are douchebags wholly incapable of killing anyone, whether due to lack of will or ability -- and that's the only thing they have over the douchebag right. You guys have already killed and can't get away from that.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-28-2017, 06:12 AM
Antifa is an anarchist organization that is somewhat reminiscent of Russian Mensheviks in the early 20th century. The Mensheviks would strike and protest. They would even participate in violence at said events. Mensheviks would not participate in active violence like the bank robberies, assaults and assassinations of the Bolsheviks.

Unlike the Mensheviks, antifa has no central organization and seem to be completely reactionary only showing up at fascist events in opposition. As long as they are only attacking the Chris Spencers of the world I hardly see them as any danger to the state much less Orwellian. Nazi and KKK types had better watch out though.

pgardn
08-28-2017, 06:54 AM

Doesn't matter that the Dems haven't supported Antifa. They should still distance, because these idiots are going to be all over Republican campaign commercials.

You are arguing with the piece of shit that was in vengeance mode when Dallas cops were shot. Boots said it was about time the cops got "push back" You are basically trying to convince a guy who sees radical violence as useful to his party.

He is Thread Cubby Dale Old Scared White Man.

On the other side.

Thread
08-28-2017, 07:58 AM
Antifa is an anarchist organization that is somewhat reminiscent of Russian Mensheviks in the early 20th century. The Mensheviks would strike and protest. They would even participate in violence at said events. Mensheviks would not participate in active violence like the bank robberies, assaults and assassinations of the Bolsheviks.

Unlike the Mensheviks, antifa has no central organization and seem to be completely reactionary only showing up at fascist events in opposition. As long as they are only attacking the Chris Spencers of the world I hardly see them as any danger to the state much less Orwellian. Nazi and KKK types had better watch out though.

That's pretty damn convenient there, Lump.

Nazi/KKK=bad
antifa=harmless

& by God that's the way Media has played it since just after he mopped the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass.........We saw the video of these animals starting fires and gassing white people, but, there was no accompanied audio by ANYBODY. Hell, Lump, they had me bamboozled. Though it was probably because I was so jazzed that he'd mopped the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass. As long they weren't burning down my digs, or, gassing me---"knock yerselves out. If Media I'm watching ain't callin' names then it must be okay. Carry on."

boutons_deux
08-28-2017, 08:28 AM
"Boots said it was about time the cops got "push back""

"about time"? please link that msg, LIAR

Spurminator
08-28-2017, 08:39 AM
You are arguing with the piece of shit that was in vengeance mode when Dallas cops were shot. Boots said it was about time the cops got "push back" You are basically trying to convince a guy who sees radical violence as useful to his party.

He is Thread Cubby Dale Old Scared White Man.

On the other side.

The retarded claim that "whatever Antifa does is okay because Nazis are worse" seems to be fairly common among a lot of liberals right now unfortunately. Not just the slobbering crazies like boutons.

boutons_deux
08-28-2017, 08:42 AM
The retarded claim that "whatever Antifa does is okay because Nazis are worse" seems to be fairly common among a lot of liberals right now unfortunately.

your evidence, or you're just lying.

In Berkeley this weekend, counter-KKK-protesters were trying to stop the violence by antifa against KKK.

AaronY
08-28-2017, 08:50 AM
The black guy on that video looked like a media member judging by his gear if thats who you're referring to boutons.

Spurminator
08-28-2017, 08:58 AM
your evidence, or you're just lying.

In Berkeley this weekend, counter-KKK-protesters were trying to stop the violence by antifa against KKK.

Bro, you personify the evidence. You've spent several posts in this thread defending Antifa and calling me a racist for criticizing them.

Yes, some of the protesters do push back against them, but it needs to be part of the larger strategy. Protests should be organized with Antifa in mind and it should be made clear by the organizers that they are not welcome. Complete disassociation.

boutons_deux
08-28-2017, 09:34 AM
Bro, you personify the evidence. You've spent several posts in this thread defending Antifa and calling me a racist for criticizing them.

Yes, some of the protesters do push back against them, but it needs to be part of the larger strategy. Protests should be organized with Antifa in mind and it should be made clear by the organizers that they are not welcome. Complete disassociation.

Because understand from their own words what the antifa are doing, doesn't mean I support antifa.

Same with blacks who shoot up, execute, ambush the cops, I understand that vengeful pushback (if that's what it is), but I don't support it.

UZER
08-28-2017, 10:09 AM
So he is retarded. what a waste of time that was

Retarded is -

AY: Antifa = bad. But not in Charlottesville.

baseline bum
08-28-2017, 10:53 AM
The retarded claim that "whatever Antifa does is okay because Nazis are worse" seems to be fairly common among a lot of liberals right now unfortunately. Not just the slobbering crazies like boutons.

If I was Schumer I'd come out and say fuck Antifa in no uncertain terms. Those faggots are the ones who vote for Ralph Nader or Jill Stein or stay home and whine anyways.

boutons_deux
08-28-2017, 11:01 AM
Bro, you personify the evidence.

that's "your" evidence? :lol

Spurminator
08-28-2017, 11:02 AM
that's "your" evidence? :lol

It's all I'm going to bother to point out to you. Do your own homework.

Thread
08-28-2017, 11:19 AM

(https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/902144656015671297)902132766107717633 (https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/902132766107717633)

Thread
08-28-2017, 11:23 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIUimtcVAAI6ol7.jpg:large.

RandomGuy
08-28-2017, 04:23 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/348137-the-real-threat-to-our-republic-is-the-orwellian-antifa?amp

Over the past few months, we have finally entered the fully realized historical revisionism promised in George Orwell's "1984," in which the motto, "Who controls the present controls the past. Who controls the past controls the future," was central to shaping the book's dystopian world. In the book, history was continually being rewritten and re-promulgated to meet the political necessities of the moment. There was no history to be remembered, let alone lessons to be learned.

For all the talk of Trumpian bluster or exaggeration, there is only one group that seeks to systematically and violently achieve its goals here in the United States on a broad scale: the so-called "anti-facist" movement, now commonly called "Antifa." And the goal? It's not "anti-facist" or "anti-racist" as they attempt to portray themselves. It's the systematic elimination of free speech, free assembly, and free thought via any means necessary, including violent protest, the media and Orwellian revisionism.

It is the imposition of a perverse type of intolerance based on Marxist and Chinese communist values that, it turns out, is far more welcome and pervasive within the Democrat Party of Sens. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) than neo-Nazis, the KKK and white supremacists are in the Republican Party. The gunman, James Hodgkinson, who shot Rep. Steve Scalise and four others in Alexandria was a habitual Antifa website visitor and advocate and Sanders volunteer. Even Democrat vice presidential candidate, Sen. Tim Kaine's (D-Va.) son has been identified as an Antifa activist.

Yet, the media would have us believe that it is the white supremacist movement that is the real threat to our republic. Consider that most media estimates put the Antifa movement, largely built out of the "Occupy" movement of 2008-2010, at more than 200,000 members. The Southern Poverty Law Center, on the other hand, puts the number of Klu Klux Klan members at about 6,000 KKK ...in a country of almost 330 million. But actions speak volumes compared to mere numbers.

The vandalized statue of Christopher Columbus? Antifa. The statue torn down in Charlotte, N.C.? Antifa. The violence in Charlottesville? Antifa. The violence in Seattle? Antifa. Not excusing the vile nature of the white supremacist protest, but it was a licensed march that remained comparatively nonviolent, albeit troubling, until, as one eyewitness described it, "It started raining balloons filled with urine, feces, paint, burning chemicals & boards with nails driven into them."

This violence against reprehensible, yet innocent citizens, and more importantly, law enforcement, which the Antifa routinely violently opposes, is not the result of a few bad apples. It's the fundamental philosophy of the loose confederation of Antifa cells, much of it laid out for all to read on "how to" websites.

Ominously, the group that over the past few years has preferred baseball bats, axe handles, even small flag poles - all with nails installed to make them latter day DIY maces - is upgrading their arsenal. Consider what Daryl Jenkins, a national Antifa leader said recently, "If we care about [our country], we're the ones who need to go out there and do what needs to be done. More and more to the hard left, you start seeing people willing to bear arms. I don't run with people who don't care for guns all that much."

Increasingly, the violence we are seeing on the streets is not the result of the alt-right movement, but of the Antifa movement imposing their views on our society: tearing down statues, burning the American flag, shutting down town hall meetings, destroying private property and looting. All of it tactical toward achieving the goals of destroying the American culture, society and economy. Never mind that the tactics are themselves the tactics of the fascist.

Yet, the likes of CNN and the New York Times and Washington Post spend much of their time touting the alt-right threat. Why? A couple of reasons. First, most mainstream media types are philosophically inclined toward anti-establishment organizations from the start; they see little wrong with crypto-fascist violence if the stated goals are in line with their own values systems.

Second, that the Antifa movement hides behind its opposition to the Trump administration gives them the veneer of respectable protest the mainstream media needs to protect them. Finally, it's a lot harder to look in a mirror and admit that your own values are being corrupted, when you can easily point your finger at others and judge, especially if the mob encourages and rewards you for doing so.

But as the Antifa movement showed during the Obama administration, with riots and violence during global economic meetings in Washington, D.C. and elsewhere, their ilk have little loyalty to even their most ardent supporters and enablers. The media like CNN and others on the Left coddling them should be careful; you can only embrace vipers for so long before they turn on you.

TLDR

Is this about how Mueller is going after Clinton?

:lmao