PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Projects Leonard to average 21ppg....

apalisoc_9
08-30-2017, 08:51 PM
http://games.espn.com/fba/tools/projections?display=alt******Index=0

:lmao

Had np idea Chinook Works for ESPN

jehawk81
08-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Holy shit OP, take Kawhi's noodle out ur mouth

BD24
08-30-2017, 09:04 PM
For someone who doesn't care what the media thinks you sure do spend a lot of time reading their shit.

FkLA
08-30-2017, 09:04 PM
Less than Booker, Beal, McCallum and the same as Klaynus. WTF is wrong with those idiots smh.

cd98
08-30-2017, 09:06 PM
If that's the case, we'll be sub 500.

apalisoc_9
08-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Lebron at 23ppg.

Spurtacular
08-30-2017, 09:54 PM
Harden/Westbrook understandable down a couple points each with the additions of Paul/George. But wtf is supposed to account for a more prime Kawhi backsliding?

Emperor
08-30-2017, 10:22 PM

daslicer
08-30-2017, 11:35 PM
I can only see him averaging 21 if Gay emerges and averages 16-18 along with LaMarcus averaging 16-18.

DAF86
08-31-2017, 12:03 AM
Everybody's numbers look very low. I don't know how they came up with this but it's shit.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Kawhi ends up as the leading scorer of the league, averaging around 30 ppg this season, tbh.

Spurtacular
08-31-2017, 12:09 AM
I can only see him averaging 21 if Gay emerges and averages 16-18 along with LaMarcus averaging 16-18.

Kawhi gonna go down 4 pts cos of the arrival of Gay? If anything, the synergy could help him. And Parker won't be there ball hogging for the first half of the season, too.

Amuseddaysleeper
08-31-2017, 12:15 AM
Spurs are going to be shit this year and Kawhi will be double teamed like a mad man since the Spurs don't have any secondary option to make opposing teams pay.

Spurtacular
08-31-2017, 12:21 AM
Spurs are going to be shit this year and Kawhi will be double teamed like a mad man since the Spurs don't have any secondary option to make opposing teams pay.

You got that completely wrong. Relative to the rest the league, Spurs are still strong.

Spurtacular
08-31-2017, 12:38 AM
Kawhi averaged 27.5 per 36 last season. Pop only played him 33.6 mpg though.

Phenomanul
08-31-2017, 09:01 AM
He'll finally do the 50% from the field, 40% from three, 90% from the FT line trifecta next season.

Chinook
08-31-2017, 09:04 AM
http://games.espn.com/fba/tools/projections?display=alt******Index=0

Had np idea Chinook Works for ESPN

So is this OP accurate, or are you misreading something else?

SPURt
08-31-2017, 12:27 PM
I know I'm going way out on a limb here but Kawhi will finish better than 20th in scoring next season. Book it.

rastaspur
08-31-2017, 02:28 PM
He's not dipping down to 21 ppg. He will average 24 or more a game.

daslicer
08-31-2017, 06:39 PM

Your shtick every year is "The spurs are garbage they suck. They are awful." Pretty lame Shtick. It's very obvious you don't know what your talking about. That was shown last season through your shitty regular season predictions and playoff predictions. I will never forget you declaring a bunch of times that the '16-'17 Spurs were going to be worse than the '11 Spurs. We all saw how that turned out. Also your predictions of the Spurs losing in the playoffs to the Grizzlies and then the Rockets were pretty laughable.

Chucho
08-31-2017, 08:51 PM
When was the last time ESPN was accurate with anything aside the gimmes like GS and CLE winning their conferences?

cd021
08-31-2017, 10:46 PM
See him averaging 25ppg again. Hopefully his assists are closer to 5 apg than 3 though.

Phenomanul
09-05-2017, 12:06 PM
See him averaging 25ppg again. Hopefully his assists are closer to 5 apg than 3 though.

This pretty much...

The Spurs will be Leonard dependent and he will go on scoring tears during the season. That said, Pop will continue to micromanage Kawhi's minutes to the point where it limits his usage rate (where the likelihood that Leonard averages over 30 ppg is completely out of the realm of possibility).

I expect the usage rates of Bertans, Kyle and Murray will all increase (vs. last season) to minimize Leonard's wear and tear over the upcoming season.

cd021
09-05-2017, 03:51 PM
This pretty much...

The Spurs will be Leonard dependent and he will go on scoring tears during the season. That said, Pop will continue to micromanage Kawhi's minutes to the point where it limits his usage rate (where the likelihood that Leonard averages over 30 ppg is completely out of the realm of possibility).

I expect the usage rates of Bertans, Kyle and Murray will all increase (vs. last season) to minimize Leonard's wear and tear over the upcoming season.

Usage rate that only takes into account the time he's on the floor, he had a usage rate of 31% in 34.5 (which is massive) that means 31% of the spurs possesions when he was on the floor ended with him taking a shot, turning the ball over, drawing FTs, and or an assist. If anything I think his rate might increase considering LMA's went down from almost 26% to 24.5% and no Parker to start the season and Mills potentially starting and being more of a spot up shooter as opposed to handling the ball like a traditional PG.

YGWHI
09-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Kawhi had 4.6 apg in playoffs with Parker injured.

It would be nice if he and Pop find a way to maintain and improve that number with Parker on court this time.

Two years of LMA as a Spur and I still wonder why Pop didn't call two-man game plays between him and Kawhi more often... I know that Parker excels at creating for bigs but a simple P&R involving Spurs' two main scorers wouldn't hurt their offense...

SanAntonioSpurs23
09-06-2017, 08:13 PM

dbreiden83080
09-09-2017, 10:43 PM
27 or 28

Going to have a monster year..

MVP!!

dbreiden83080
09-09-2017, 10:44 PM
This pretty much...

Pop does manage the minutes but he will still have a monster year like last year. I think the scoring will go up a little bit actually. Hopefully with all the managing of the minutes it extends his career. It's something to be thankful for down the road.

SAGirl
09-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Kawhi had 4.6 apg in playoffs with Parker injured.

It would be nice if he and Pop find a way to maintain and improve that number with Parker on court this time.

Two years of LMA as a Spur and I still wonder why Pop didn't call two-man game plays between him and Kawhi more often... I know that Parker excels at creating for bigs but a simple P&R involving Spurs' two main scorers wouldn't hurt their offense...
I think the problem is LMA game and the way Kawhi gets buckets. He can and will pass the ball to big men who roll, which LMA doesn't. LMA can't pass the ball well so there's very little cutting and two man interaction where the passes are made to Kawhi. It's very difficult to incorporate a system that involves them in a 2 man game like TD used to have with either Manu or Tony, eventuality with Kawhi too.

One of the reasons I am not greatly excited about Rudy Gay besides the injury is that he also likes to iso. I hope it works out and that Pop tweaks things.

Kawhi was great last season and doesn't need a system. I'd say the system is for his teammates to know how to play around him and how yo get their own buckets to help Kawhi our within that system.

YGWHI
09-13-2017, 11:25 AM
I think the problem is LMA game and the way Kawhi gets buckets. He can and will pass the ball to big men who roll, which LMA doesn't. LMA can't pass the ball well so there's very little cutting and two man interaction where the passes are made to Kawhi. It's very difficult to incorporate a system that involves them in a 2 man game like TD used to have with either Manu or Tony, eventuality with Kawhi too.
I understand why it's that hard but I expected more from the best coach in the league.

One of the reasons I am not greatly excited about Rudy Gay besides the injury is that he also likes to iso. I hope it works out and that Pop tweaks things.
Agreed. Also, I'm worried about how Kawhi and Rudy will mesh on court, both play in the same spots, both take similar shots...Even with Rudy at 4, they still have many similarities on offense.