PDA

View Full Version : Brooks likes San Antonio

Sense
10-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Just heard that in the press conference he stated that it would've been better to play all the games in San Antonio...

Ishta
10-17-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm sure they do like playing here seeing as they get more fan support for the most part from us than they did in the superdome. I hope that the Saints do come to San Antonio, at least for next year anyway. However I would rather them go back to Lousiana if it's between them and L.A.. They do not deserve ANOTHER team..

Sense
10-17-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm starting to think by the day that they will become a San Antonio team...

TheWriter
10-17-2005, 02:03 PM
I believe he said (probably jokingly) that if would help, he'd call the commish to ask for more games in San Antonio.

Vashner
10-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I remember from the Bills game.. was some awesome energy in the dome..
And it looked like the team was feeding off it..

TheWriter
10-17-2005, 04:58 PM
They were feedin off the Dome in yesterdays game as well. It was loud as hell.

They went from getting their asses kicked in Green Bay to almost beat the Falcons in a high scoring game where the Saints didn't even play their best.

Sense
10-17-2005, 05:57 PM
I believe he said (probably jokingly) that if would help, he'd call the commish to ask for more games in San Antonio.

He wasn't joking when I saw him say it. He said "no offense to LA, but we'd would've rather play all the games here in San Antonio, this crowd is electric" or something like that.

TheWriter
10-17-2005, 06:23 PM
He wasn't joking when I saw him say it. He said "no offense to LA, but we'd would've rather play all the games here in San Antonio, this crowd is electric" or something like that.

Was this on tv, I only read a quote.

By LA, are you talking city or state?

Sense
10-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Was this on tv, I only read a quote.

By LA, are you talking city or state?

This was on TV, he said it on the Press Conference. And by LA I mean the State, since they are gonna play in Baton Rouge.

TheWriter
10-17-2005, 07:01 PM
In NO, the team would get booed.

What's funny is that ont the Saints forums, they talk about how we'd boo them to if we had to put up with a losing Saints team for so long. I call bullcrap on that.

I've never once heard the Spurs booed. Even when they were going 20-62.

John T
10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
In NO, the team would get booed.

What's funny is that ont the Saints forums, they talk about how we'd boo them to if we had to put up with a losing Saints team for so long. I call bullcrap on that.

I've never once heard the Spurs booed. Even when they were going 20-62.

I'm just curious, if they're so down on them, why are they upset that they might move? What have they been saying? And no, a real fan does not boo their own team. Not in my book anyway.

Carie

TheWriter
10-17-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm just curious, if they're so down on them, why are they upset that they might move? What have they been saying? And no, a real fan does not boo their own team. Not in my book anyway.

Carie

They're upset because its a pro team leaving.

I think it is in earnest but at the same time its emontional thinking for them. They don't see it as a business move.

But they'd boo, hell, they'll probably boo in Baton Rouge.

John T
10-17-2005, 08:09 PM
They're upset because its a pro team leaving.

I think it is in earnest but at the same time its emontional thinking for them. They don't see it as a business move.

I understand what you're saying. It is THEIR team. I'd be upset if the Spurs wanted to leave for sure. But if they got no support from their fan base, I'd totally understand it. And that's not even getting into the business issues. But what I don't understand is their logic. If they hate the team so much...

Anyway, just how bad is this lack of support? Is it most of the fan base or just an unfortunate few?

But they'd boo, hell, they'll probably boo in Baton Rouge.

Well, hopefully now that they know they might lose the team they'll wisen up and really support their team.

Carie

Dre_7
10-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Too bad Brooks is a bad NFL QB.

2centsworth
10-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Too bad Brooks is a bad NFL QB.
he has all the skill in the world. With some good coaching he would have a chance to be an elite QB, but for now he's better than average.

Marcus Bryant
10-18-2005, 12:55 AM
I've heard booing at Spurs' games. Shit, Spurs fans have been spoiled. If they had to put up with decades of futility like Saints fans they'd be bitter too. Hell, the Spurs won a title and someone actually had to run a campaign for a new arena to keep the team in town in the same year.

TheWriter
10-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Hell, the Spurs won a title and someone actually had to run a campaign for a new arena to keep the team in town in the same year.

And the Kings get tons of sell outs, were very close the finals and to date, can't get a new arena.

Get a new shtick poser.

Marcus Bryant
10-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Damn, you dumb little shit. San Antonio is not the source of all that is good and pure. You need some pussy in the worst way.

TheWriter
10-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Damn, you dumb little shit. San Antonio is not the source of all that is good and pure. You need some pussy in the worst way.

:lol :lol :lol

So you got some new material! Yaaayyyyy!