PDA

View Full Version : White House: Trump to Donate $1M to Harvey Relief Efforts

ducks
08-31-2017, 04:06 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-donates-1-million/2017/08/31/id/810980/

ducks
08-31-2017, 04:06 PM
President Donald Trump will pledge $1 million in personal funds for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Thursday.

"He'll pledge, proudly, $1 million of his own personal money to help the people of Texas and Louisiana," Sanders told reporters at the daily briefing. "He said he would like to join in the efforts that a lot of the people that we've seen across this country do."

Sanders added that Trump called on reporters to suggest which relief efforts he should donate to.

"He's actually asked that I check with the folks in this room, since you are very good at research and have been doing a lot of reporting into the groups and organizations that are best and most effective in helping and providing aid," she said.

ducks
08-31-2017, 04:07 PM
He'd love some suggestions from the folks here — and I'd be happy to take those if any of you have them."

Harvey's flood waters have heavily damaged tens of thousands of homes across Texas and killed as many as 37 people.

The storm is now threatening the region near the Texas-Louisiana state line.

Sanders said that she was not sure how the donation would be made, whether the through the Trump Organization, the Trump Foundation or any other entity.

ducks
08-31-2017, 04:09 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/21105651_1465675880147951_2329657873564938720_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=bd863949504ccb43e55c0afac14fe5cf&oe=5A128406clinton foundation can not help red state Texas ?

clambake
08-31-2017, 04:19 PM
laundered donation

RandomGuy
08-31-2017, 04:26 PM
fake news. check will bounce, posted by a Russian bank.

Blake
08-31-2017, 04:26 PM
I like how he waited until after Sandra Bullock did it.

It's still nice gesture but in a Joel Osteen kind of way

Blake
08-31-2017, 04:28 PM
I'd actually be more impressed if he donated all of his profits from his USA baseball hats towards relief.

RandomGuy
08-31-2017, 04:30 PM

It's still nice gesture but in a Joel Osteen kind of way

Pretty much. Not like he has any history of charity.

Still better than nothing. Props to Trump, whatever his reasons.

Pavlov
08-31-2017, 04:34 PM

It's still nice gesture but in a Joel Osteen kind of wayStill better than that horrible piece of shit Kevin Hart! How dare he?!

ducks
08-31-2017, 04:38 PM

It's still nice gesture but in a Joel Osteen kind of waydude is a little busier then her

Pavlov
08-31-2017, 04:38 PM
dude is a little busier then herDoesn't really look like it tbh.

boutons_deux
08-31-2017, 04:47 PM
He's probably self-dealing it from his Foundation, or other scam.

Blake
08-31-2017, 05:31 PM
dude is a little busier then her

Selling hats I reckon

boutons_deux
08-31-2017, 06:48 PM
Trump Just Pledged To Donate Money For Harvey Relief But There’s A Catch

Past behavior though would offer a different explanation. Trump has previously promised to donate to other causes, only to then fail to deliver or deliver less than he said he would.

A previous report (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271712-report-trump-has-donated-less-than-half-of-6m-promised) from The Hill states that of the $6 million Trump collected for veterans, only $3 million of it had been delivered.

A different report (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-promised-millions-to-charity-we-found-less-than-10000-over-7-years/2016/06/28/cbab5d1a-37dd-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpcharity-718a-top%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.e43a52bbc6e1), this one from The Washington Post shows that

Trump’s claims to have donated millions of dollars to charity consistently for decades are a gross exaggeration of reality.

His failure to release his tax returns – in addition to helping shield him from revelations about possible foreign entanglements for financial irregularities – has helped him cloud the reality of his charity contributions.

In the 1980s, Trump pledged to give away royalties from his first book to fight AIDS and multiple sclerosis.

But he

gave less to those causes than he did to his older daughter’s ballet school,

writes David A. Fahrenthold (https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-a-fahrenthold/) of The Post.

Additionally, The Post reached out to 188 charities to confirm if they had indeed received Trump’s promised donations.

During the time period in which they checked, they could

only confirm a single donation worth somewhere between $5,000 and $9,999, :lol

a far cry from the millions Trump has bragged about.

Clearly, Trump has a long history of making charity promises and then refusing to honor them. He loves the immediate surge of adulation he gets when announcing a big contribution, but he is loathe to actually reach into his pockets to help his fellow man.

http://verifiedpolitics.com/trump-just-pledged-donate-money-harvey-relief-theres-catch/ (http://verifiedpolitics.com/trump-just-pledged-donate-money-harvey-relief-theres-catch/)

iow, why would anybody have reason now to trust any Trash statement about anything?

Spurminator
08-31-2017, 06:48 PM
JJ Watt for POTUS

Chucho
08-31-2017, 08:43 PM
JJ Watt for POTUS

Best election catchphrase ever, "It's in the sack."

Chris
08-31-2017, 08:56 PM
Leftists: :cry he didn't give enough he's super rich :cry

Bottom of the barrel Leftist: :cry Sandra Bullock :cry

Doesn't matter what he does, the Left will continue to cry and moan. How pathetic are these people seriously? :lol

Blake
08-31-2017, 09:11 PM
Leftists: :cry he didn't give enough he's super rich :cry

Bottom of the barrel Leftist: :cry Sandra Bullock :cry

Doesn't matter what he does, the Left will continue to cry and moan. How pathetic are these people seriously? :lol

I wonder if he'll give one of those giant checks. Like Jackie Moon.

johnsmith
08-31-2017, 09:38 PM
This thread is fucking hilarious.

You guys are legit annoyed that he donated his own money.

Pavlov
08-31-2017, 09:42 PM
I'll be glad if he follows through. He's burned charities before and Shuckabee was so incredibly vague about it I can only think Trump saw Fox News reporting about JJ Watt and Sandra Bullock and panic texted her before presser.

Blake
08-31-2017, 09:59 PM

He hasn't donated it yet. And i bet he'll remind everyone every chance he gets if he does. Because it's from the hat. Heart.

boutons_deux
08-31-2017, 10:05 PM
not clear that he's donated anything and not certain it will be his own bank account

I bet he has his Foundation send money, probably not $1M, and probably not any time soon.

you people are such gullible suckers

ducks
08-31-2017, 10:12 PM
You voted for sanders
Talk about gullible suckers

Pavlov
08-31-2017, 10:16 PM
You voted for sanders
Talk about gullible suckersYou still think Trump is being audited. :lol

ducks
08-31-2017, 10:36 PM
Tax returns are not required to show to pesident office
I do not look at any presidents
If he did wrong irs would had his ass in jail

DMX7
08-31-2017, 10:39 PM

We don't know that. If it came from his foundation then there's a good chance it's not his money. Of course, we don't know if there will actually even be a donation until it's been made and there is verifiable proof. Trump is notorious for claiming to make donations and then not doing so. It's one among many of his many great traits.

Pavlov
08-31-2017, 10:39 PM
Tax returns are not required to show to pesident office
I do not look at any presidents
If he did wrong irs would had his ass in jailSo he lied when he said he would show them when the audit was done, ducks?

monosylab1k
08-31-2017, 11:08 PM
If he's not going to act like a President and hug some victims for the cameras, then I suppose this will do.

Pavlov
08-31-2017, 11:10 PM
Even Pence cleared some dry-as-a-bone brush from in front of a house. I think he almost broke a sweat.

ducks
08-31-2017, 11:31 PM
If he's not going to act like a President and hug some victims for the cameras, then I suppose this will do.

If he hugged them people would bitch

Pavlov
08-31-2017, 11:36 PM
If he hugged them people would bitchWell he's a terrible president, so yes.

boutons_deux
09-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Tony Schwartz (https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz)
(https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz)✔@tonyschwartz (https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz)

No way Trump donates $1m of own money to Harvey victims. He only promises to give. Never actually does.
6:58 AM - Sep 1, 2017 (https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz/status/903587770127585280)

... wrote Trash's "auto" biography.

Blake
09-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Yeah, when he finally gives it up it'll be "foundation money"

I'd wager

ducks
09-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Well he's a terrible president, so yes.

his legacy will last forever:bobo

Pavlov
09-01-2017, 06:29 PM
his legacy will last forever:boboYes, Trump's legacy as the worst president will last forever. :bobo

djohn2oo8
09-01-2017, 06:32 PM

ducks
09-01-2017, 08:45 PM
The White House is still trying to decide who will get President Donald Trump's pledged $1 million donation for Harvey storm relief efforts, one of the largest gifts ever given by a president but one that has evoked his checkered charitable past.

The president plans to make the donation, which is expected to come from his personal fortune, early next week, and it may be split among several groups doing relief work in storm-ravaged areas of Texas and Louisiana. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Friday that the president hasn't finalized where the money will go, raising some concern that charitable groups may end up competing for the money.
He should be looking to make an informed contribution, and it seems that he's doing so," said Cohen, noting that the president has stayed abreast of conditions on the ground and is planning to see it first-hand.

White House officials said the donation would come from the president's personal fortune and not his business, the Trump Organization, or his charitable foundation.

ducks
09-01-2017, 08:47 PM

Liar

Chris
09-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Yes, Obama's legacy as the worst president will last forever. :bobo

Pavlov
09-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Obama will be middle of the pack.

Thread
09-01-2017, 09:45 PM

I don't like hugging strangers & vice versa. Hugging is very intimate, not sexual, but, intimate. It involves smells and scents and touching strange skin.

Just give the money & hand downs and show them Mel. That's enough.

Trill Clinton
09-01-2017, 09:50 PM

i knew his broke ass wasn't going to donate shit

ducks
09-01-2017, 10:16 PM
https://thinkprogress.org/white-house-walks-back-trumps-promise-to-give-1-million-of-his-personal-money-to-harvey-victims-4691cf5e6dd6/amp/

Read the article no walk back

boutons_deux
09-02-2017, 12:55 AM
Michael Dell, Tech Billionaire, Pledges $36 Million in Harvey Relief

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/business/michael-dell-foundation-harvey.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2F technology&action=click&contentCollection=technology&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

ducks
09-02-2017, 12:57 AM
Look at me buy dell

ducks
09-02-2017, 12:58 AM
Michael Dell, Tech Billionaire, Pledges $36 Million in Harvey Relief

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/business/michael-dell-foundation-harvey.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2F technology&action=click&contentCollection=technology®ion=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfrontalready posted in harvey thread by me
In case you noticed this about president not dell thread

spurraider21
09-02-2017, 10:40 AM
already posted in harvey thread by me
In case you noticed this about president not dell thread
Then why ducks post clinton picture

ducks
09-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Trump will announce who will get his $1 million Harvey donation

President Trump has pledged $1 million of his personal finances to Hurricane Harvey relief. Tomorrow we will find out which charities that money will go to, according to Sarah Sanders.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/politics/trump-daca-latest/?lf-content=211940426:[email protected]&hubRefSrc=permalink

RandomGuy
09-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Maybe he can pony up the money he didn't pay all those small businesses while he has his checkbook out.

CN) – President Donald Trump must pay a Miami-based paint store and its attorneys more than $300,000 over an unpaid paint bill, a Florida court of appeals ruled Wednesday.

The decision affirms an earlier ruling by a Miami-Dade County judge ordering Trump to pay for $32,000 worth of paint supplied during the $250-million renovation of Trump National Doral Miami golf resort in 2013. Trump must also pay more than $277,000 in attorney fees.

The Paint Spot, an independently-owned store with three locations in Miami, placed a lien on the golf resort in 2014 after Trump’s company refused to pay. Last May, Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Cueto placed the 800-acre golf resort in a foreclosure auction. Trump’s attorneys avoided the sale by putting the owed money in escrow and Judge Cueto ordered Trump National to pay the paint bill and pony up thousands in attorney fees.

According to court records, another contractor on the project testified the Trump company decided not to pay, because they “already paid enough.”

Trump’s company appealed the decision, pointing to a discrepancy in The Paint Spot’s notice to owner – a document that allows the company to place a lien if they aren’t paid. The Paint Spot’s owner, Juan Carlos Enriquez, said a Trump employee gave him the wrong contractor before he filled out the form. Even after discovering the gaffe, Enriquez neglected to make the change.

Judge Kevin Emas of Florida’s Third District Court of Appeals wrote the error was not enough to prevent Enriquez from receiving his money and “Trump failed to establish it was adversely affected by any omission or error in the notice to owner.”

Daniel Vega, who represented The Paint Spot, said the appellate opinion was “100 percent factually and legally correct” in an e-mail to Courthouse News.

“The case should never have reached this stage but it did because, at all times, Trump Endeavor refused ever consider any type of reasonable settlement,” said Vega of the Coral Gables-based firm Taylor Espino Vega & Touron. “Fortunately, my client had the fortitude to endure the massive pressure of potentially having to pay Trump Endeavor’s fees if it lost in order to vindicate its position that its paint materials used to improve the Trump Doral Resort were paid for.”

During his campaign for president, Trump received heavy criticism over allegations he stiffed contractors and suppliers for his many properties. Trump always denied the charges.

Trump National or its attorneys could not be immediately reached for comment.

https://www.courthousenews.com/trump-resort-loses-appeal-paint-company-bill/

RandomGuy
09-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Maybe he could add a few million to pay the fraud victims of his "university" while he has his checkbook out..

A federal judge on Friday gave final approval to a $25 million agreement to settle fraud claims arising from Donald J. Trump’s for-profit education venture, Trump University, rejecting a last-minute objection to the deal.

The judge, Gonzalo P. Curiel, in San Diego, issued his order after considering a challenge from Sherri Simpson, a former Trump University student from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., whose lawyers say she should have had a chance to opt out of the class-action settlement and individually sue President Trump, perhaps forcing a trial.

tlongII
09-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Maybe he could add a few million to pay the fraud victims of his "university" while he has his checkbook out..

A federal judge on Friday gave final approval to a $25 million agreement to settle fraud claims arising from Donald J. Trump’s for-profit education venture, Trump University, rejecting a last-minute objection to the deal.

The judge, Gonzalo P. Curiel, in San Diego, issued his order after considering a challenge from Sherri Simpson, a former Trump University student from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., whose lawyers say she should have had a chance to opt out of the class-action settlement and individually sue President Trump, perhaps forcing a trial.

My guess is he will pay all of his legally binding debts.

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 02:56 PM
My guess is he will pay all of his legally binding debts.Not his usual MO.

tlongII
09-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Not his usual MO.

I'll have to disagree.

boutons_deux
09-05-2017, 03:00 PM

damn, Trash protected from a trial for fraud that Trash committed before elected, by an unqualified Mexican judge. :)

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 03:02 PM
I'll have to disagree.You'll just have to ignore all the evidence too.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

RandomGuy
09-05-2017, 03:15 PM
I'll have to disagree.

Many, many plaintiffs beg to differ. Literally.

RandomGuy
09-05-2017, 03:15 PM
http://www.alternet.org/sites/default/files/styles/story_image/public/story_images/trump-pickup-nbc-news.png

Maybe someone can tell Donny how loading a truck works...

ducks
09-05-2017, 03:49 PM
why does he need to know how to load a truck?
he can pay people to do that unlike you
he has created wealth by obey the laws in the usa

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 03:52 PM
why does he need to know how to load a truck?
he can pay people to do that unlike youHe should have paid someone to do that photo op for him.

he has created wealth by obey the laws in the usaCurrently under review.

tlongII
09-05-2017, 03:58 PM
You'll just have to ignore all the evidence too.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

Allegedly.

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Allegedly.He has had to settle multiple times. It's a pattern. I know you will live in denial for the rest of your life about the guy. I have no idea why Trump supporters can't admit even one flaw in their God.

tlongII
09-05-2017, 04:02 PM
He has had to settle multiple times. It's a pattern. I know you will live in denial for the rest of your life about the guy. I have no idea why Trump supporters can't admit even one flaw in their God.

So he has had to settle. Is that illegal?

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 04:06 PM
So he has had to settle. Is that illegal?:lmao Look at the excuses you have to make for this guy.

Blake
09-05-2017, 05:15 PM
President Donald Trump had personal liabilities of at least $315.6 million to German, US and other lenders as of mid-2017, according to a federal financial disclosure form released late on Friday by the US Office of Government Ethics.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/how-much-money-does-trump-owe-lenders-banks-loans-debts-2017-6

Blake
09-05-2017, 05:16 PM
My guess is he will pay all of his legally binding debts.

Lol

tlongII
09-06-2017, 01:05 PM
:lmao Look at the excuses you have to make for this guy.

I'm not making any excuses. It is humorous to see how triggered you get by him though.

monosylab1k
09-06-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm not making any excuses. It is humorous to see how triggered you get by him though.

loltriggered.exe booting up properly :tu

Pavlov
09-06-2017, 01:24 PM
I'm not making any excuses. It is humorous to see how triggered you get by him though.Of course you're making excuses. All the contractors and creditors he stiffed over the years and your only retort is, "Well, they got stiffed legally after they spent more money trying to get the original debt Trump had driven up."

:lol

tlongII
09-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Of course you're making excuses. All the contractors and creditors he stiffed over the years and your only retort is, "Well, they got stiffed legally after they spent more money trying to get the original debt Trump had driven up."

:lol

Triggered.

Pavlov
09-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Triggered.Your surrender is accepted.

tlongII
09-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Your surrender is accepted.

Triggered.

Pavlov
09-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Triggered.I get it. You give up. It's OK.