PDA

View Full Version : Is Mexico a third world country?

Spurtacular
09-03-2017, 08:39 PM
Just heard a podcaster call Mexico a third world country....

Thoughts?

Th'Pusher
09-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Yes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

ducks
09-03-2017, 09:27 PM
yes thanks for their wicked government
Police get bought off

Chris
09-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Trump

AaronY
09-04-2017, 09:10 AM
This is a good thread I don't think any liberals ever noticed that Mexico is not like a rich, advanced country or anything.

OP, with the goods per the usual

Thread
09-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Did Amy Duncan abscond with your 1st 5th NBA Title?
Did he mop the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass?
Did Artest put that back just up the street?
Did Trump leave her where he found her?
Did Dale call the ball on the Strategic Oil Reserves in DMC's beautiful Kentucky?
Did Trump take away the "nut job's" limo & SS?
Did Kobe run Daddy to ground and leave him where he found him?
Did the Lakers:::13 down 4th quarter 17 June 2010 grab jacks & timbers & start back down?
Did they sell your shit?

DMC
09-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Did Amy Duncan abscond with your 1st 5th NBA Title?
Did he mop the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass?
Did Artest put that back just up the street?
Did Trump leave her where he found her?
Did Dale call the ball on the Strategic Oil Reserves in DMC's beautiful Kentucky?
Did Trump take away the "nut job's" limo & SS?
Did Kobe run Daddy to ground and leave him where he found him?
Did the Lakers:::13 down 4th quarter 17 June 2010 grab jacks & timbers & start back down?
Did they sell your shit?

Did you leave Ohio to live in the desert?

Pavlov
09-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Trumphttp://www.telemundo.com/sites/nbcutelemundo/files/images/article/cover/2015/07/02/ropa-donald-trump-mexico.jpg

apalisoc_9
09-04-2017, 02:55 PM
someday mexico will invade south USA...Hopefully.

ducks
09-04-2017, 03:10 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/21231231_1470556509659888_569578518299618167_n.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f17877d449e96585674706c779e8ba2f&oe=5A16A481

ducks
09-04-2017, 03:11 PM
someday mexico will invade south USA...Hopefully.

So you can legal kill them?
Mexicans bother you that much?
Racist piece of shit

Thread
09-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Did you leave Ohio to live in the desert?

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

DMC
09-04-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

So everyone left Ohio to live in the desert. Got it.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Mexico is a second world country IMO. Same as China and Brazil. In all cases the inner big cities are livable (but polluted), there is generally enough food... but the rural areas are often impoverished and there is a slum class.

Spurtacular
09-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Mexico is a second world country IMO. Same as China and Brazil. In all cases the inner big cities are livable (but polluted), there is generally enough food... but the rural areas are often impoverished and there is a slum class.

I think it's a hybrid of second world / third world, tbh. But I feel like it gets oversimplified, so I created this thread to hear insight and not because I'm trying to make a political point as AaronY (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=27732) seems to imply. Plus, I don't pussyfoot around; if I wanted to make an illegal immigration thread, I would have just done that.

Edit: Though, I do get that Mexican poverty is a factor in illegal immigration and I realized that a natural slide towards the subject would occur. Though, I was hoping to discuss the issue for at least a couple pages before the discussion inevitably morphed to that. But AaronY 's tampon was overflowing today I guess.

Spurtacular
09-04-2017, 05:49 PM
http://www.telemundo.com/sites/nbcutelemundo/files/images/article/cover/2015/07/02/ropa-donald-trump-mexico.jpg

So, is manufacturing outside the USA an issue for you, or are you just menstruating about Trump again?

Chris
09-04-2017, 06:00 PM
So, is manufacturing outside the USA an issue for you, or are you just menstruating about Trump again?

menopause

Pavlov
09-04-2017, 06:02 PM
So, is manufacturing outside the USA an issue for you, or are you just menstruating about Trump again?It's supposedly an issue for Trump.

Don't you remember?

AaronY
09-04-2017, 06:14 PM
I think it's a hybrid of second world / third world, tbh. But I feel like it gets oversimplified, so I created this thread to hear insight and not because I'm trying to make a political point as AaronY (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=27732) seems to imply. Plus, I don't pussyfoot around; if I wanted to make an illegal immigration thread, I would have just done that.

Edit: Though, I do get that Mexican poverty is a factor in illegal immigration and I realized that a natural slide towards the subject would occur. Though, I was hoping to discuss the issue for at least a couple pages before the discussion inevitably morphed to that. But AaronY (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=27732) 's tampon was overflowing today I guess.
hahahaa

Spurtacular
09-04-2017, 06:21 PM
It's supposedly an issue for Trump.

Don't you remember?

So, menstruating about Trump again.

Pavlov
09-04-2017, 06:26 PM
So, menstruating about Trump again.Man, you guys are really upset Trump made stuff in Mexico.

Take it up with him.

Spurtacular
09-04-2017, 06:34 PM
Man, you guys are really upset Trump made stuff in Mexico.

Take it up with him.

:lol

You brought it up and we're the ones who are upset.

This is a bigger reach than the reach around you did with your gay lover last night.

Pavlov
09-04-2017, 06:36 PM
:lol

You brought it up and we're the ones who are upset.

This is a bigger reach than the reach around you did with your gay lover last night.Actually, it was a callback for your buddy Chris as he was doing the Trump shtick ripoff in the thread about North Korea.

Sorry it triggered you tho. Collateral damage.

Spurtacular
09-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Actually, it was a callback for your buddy Chris as he was doing the Trump shtick ripoff in the thread about North Korea.

Sorry it triggered you tho. Collateral damage.

I'm not triggered whatsoever, brah.

You're the one that can't even answer if US companies manufacturing in Mexico is a real issue for you.

Pavlov
09-04-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm not triggered whatsoever, brah.

You're the one that can't even answer if this is a real issue for you.I told you why I posted what I did.

Sorry it wounded you so badly.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-04-2017, 06:43 PM

Now that the Soviet Union has fallen the Nth World paradigm really doesn't make much sense. 1st world were allied with the West. 2nd with the USSR. 3rd were everyone else.

No you basically have developed countries and developing countries. Mexico is definitely the latter. Monterrey with it's pallet city outside of Walmart are testament to that.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Now that the Soviet Union has fallen the Nth World paradigm really doesn't make much sense. 1st world were allied with the West. 2nd with the USSR. 3rd were everyone else.

No you basically have developed countries and developing countries. Mexico is definitely the latter. Monterrey with it's pallet city outside of Walmart are testament to that.

Not talking about the Cold War era Nth World paradigm. Talking about economics.

1st world: Developed/Prosperous (US, Canada, most of Europe, Australia, NZ, Japan, South Korea, Singapore... you could argue Russia)

2nd world: Developing/Mixed Bag (Brazil, China, India, South Africa, Thailand, Mexico, plenty of other countries... including the better Mideast countries like Jordan, Israel and UAE, and a few European countries)

3rd world: Undeveloped/Impoverished (most of Africa, parts of Asia, much of the Middle East and some Latin American countries)

pgardn
09-04-2017, 08:49 PM
http://www.telemundo.com/sites/nbcutelemundo/files/images/article/cover/2015/07/02/ropa-donald-trump-mexico.jpg

Wear that and keep a raw Trump steak in your pocket Chris.
Then go to church and explain yourself.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-05-2017, 02:33 AM
Not talking about the Cold War era Nth World paradigm. Talking about economics.

1st world: Developed/Prosperous (US, Canada, most of Europe, Australia, NZ, Japan, South Korea, Singapore... you could argue Russia)

2nd world: Developing/Mixed Bag (Brazil, China, India, South Africa, Thailand, Mexico, plenty of other countries... including the better Mideast countries like Jordan, Israel and UAE, and a few European countries)

3rd world: Undeveloped/Impoverished (most of Africa, parts of Asia, much of the Middle East and some Latin American countries)

It just means allied with the US, allied with the Soviets, and else. This is maybe how you parse it but that is not how the terms were coined nor how they developed.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-05-2017, 02:57 AM
It just means allied with the US, allied with the Soviets, and else. This is maybe how you parse it but that is not how the terms were coined nor how they developed.
It's not just me, it's common, read the Wikipedia page on the second world. Since the fall of the USSR it's taken on a more purely economic definition. The internet meme "First World problems" came about in the past decade... not "developed country problems". Lol.

There's also an unofficial 4th world to describe wild peoples living remotely and completely away from organized society... such as some of the forest-y tribes in Africa and South America. Like that one Amazon tribe where everyone walks around the jungle naked and the adults have to pierce their chins with animal horns.

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 03:39 AM
I told you why I posted what I did.

Yea, you were menstruating about Trump again, as you admitted.

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 03:41 AM
There's also an unofficial 4th world to describe wild peoples living remotely and completely away from organized society... such as some of the forest-y tribes in Africa and South America. Like that one Amazon tribe where everyone walks around the jungle naked and the adults have to pierce their chins with animal horns.

Someone needs to coin a fifth world specification for places like Liberia where they literally walk in their own shit and are likely to contract AIDS by the age of 20.

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 03:42 AM
Yea, you were menstruating about Trump again, as you admitted.Nope. You're menstruating about me, as you admitted.

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 03:46 AM
Nope. You're menstruating about me, as you admitted.

Bro, if you had asked a find out question instead of making lame assumptions, you'd know that I'm not especially bothered about Trump's company manufacturing in Mexico. It just goes to show that he's right that we need to stop putting up barriers to domestic production.

I on the other hand did ask you if you were bothered on the issue or if you were just menstruating about Trump, and you chose the latter.

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 03:47 AM
Bro, if you had asked a find out question instead of making lame assumptions, you'd know that I'm not especially bothered about Trump's company manufacturing in Mexico. It just goes to show that he's right that we need to stop putting up barriers to domestic production. You're menstruating about me.

I on the other hand did ask you if you were bothered on the issue or if you were just menstruating about Trump, and you chose the latter.It's Trump's issue. Not mine. Quit menstruating over my posts.

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 03:59 AM
You're menstruating about me.

It's Trump's issue. Not mine. Quit menstruating over my posts.

:lol I love this self flattery strategy. But the fact remains that you posted a tangent about Trump to apparently have a cry.

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 04:02 AM
:lol I love this self flattery strategy. But the fact remains that you posted a tangent about Trump to apparently have a cry.Nope. I told you what it was. The fact remains you still have no idea what I'm talking about after I explained it fully. You're just not intelligent at all.

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 04:06 AM
Nope. I told you what it was. The fact remains you still have no idea what I'm talking about after I explained it fully. You're just not intelligent at all.

You think it's about rubbing some Trump hypocrisy in our faces; but it's not, brah. Trump said in no uncertain terms that he played the system and that he knows how to fix it. Anyhow, it was off subject cos you wanted to turn on the water works.

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 04:09 AM
You think it's about rubbing some Trump hypocrisy in our faces; but it's not, brah. Trump said in no uncertain terms that he played the system and that he knows how to fix it. Anyhow, it was off subject cos you wanted to turn on the water works.Nope. I explained it fully and you still don't get it. Your attempted defense of Trump is adorable tho. Sure looks like he's fixing everything just like he said he would, right? :lmao

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 04:24 AM
Nope. I explained it fully and you still don't get it. Your attempted defense of Trump is adorable tho. Sure looks like he's fixing everything just like he said he would, right? :lmao

You think the expectation is for Trump to "fix everything?"
FuzzyLumpkins get in here and tell us what fallacy that is, since you want to be the expert on it.

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 04:25 AM
You think the expectation is for Trump to "fix everything?"Among his supporters like you, yes. Absolutely.

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 04:33 AM
Among his supporters like you, yes. Absolutely.

Well, I'll let FuzzyLumpkins tell you what fallacy that is if that doesn't go again the game plan your team has in place.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-05-2017, 05:16 AM
Well, I'll let FuzzyLumpkins tell you what fallacy that is if that doesn't go again the game plan your team has in place.

I'm in somebody's head. Way to appear mentally weak and petulant though. Good job.

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 05:17 AM
I'm in somebody's head. Way to appear mentally weak and petulant though. Good job.

Oh, so suddenly you don't care about identifying fallacies. Looks like you been called out properly for the bitch you are.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-05-2017, 05:23 AM
Oh, so suddenly you don't care about identifying fallacies. Looks like you been called out properly for the bitch you are.

I am not going to make your arguments for you. I am not arguing with Pav. Try and keep up.

You are in quite the tizzy though. It's adorable.

Spurtacular
09-05-2017, 05:56 AM
I am not going to make your arguments for you. I am not arguing with Pav. Try and keep up.

You are in quite the tizzy though. It's adorable.

You don't have to make the argument. I figured as a supposed logic enthusiast you'd have no problem with identifying the fallacy. I guess only when it suits you as I rightfully identified prior though.

CosmicCowboy
09-05-2017, 07:16 AM
When self professed liberal males accuse other males of menstruating as a message board insult, is it misogyny?

Pavlov
09-05-2017, 10:31 AM
When self professed liberal males accuse other males of menstruating as a message board insult, is it misogyny?

Who professed being a liberal?

UNT Eagles 2016
09-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Someone needs to coin a fifth world specification for places like Liberia where they literally walk in their own shit and are likely to contract AIDS by the age of 20.

Liberia is pretty standard 3rd world. Look at how the Ebola epidemic spiraled out of control in 2014 there. But they do have an organized society and government and don't go around naked everywhere and dying their bodies red with jungle berries.

Spurtacular
09-06-2017, 01:36 AM

:lmao You're not a liberal; you just play one on a message board (and in real life).

Spurtacular
09-06-2017, 01:38 AM
This just went down in ThirdWorldCo:

4 cops parked up in a gas station in Guanajuato got ambushed, all shot in their pick-up before they could react. Then other gunmen came in and shot the two attendants for no reason. On the way out of town they shot dead the female attendant at the highway toll booth, and then found stumbled another two cops on the road and they were found dead the next day. 9 bodies, just another night in central Mexico.
Read more at https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1de_1504656415#aVGIiwStZGscpD5G.99

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1de_1504656415

CosmicCowboy
09-06-2017, 07:22 AM

So Chump admits to being a misogynist. Interesting.

Pavlov
09-06-2017, 09:46 AM
So Chump admits to being a misogynist. Interesting.If that makes you feel less hurt by me, you keep trying. Maybe you should say you have money again.

hater
09-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Yes

About 20 families in mexico own about 98% of the wealth there

Mexico is basically the US in 50 years or so