PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Superteaming becoming standard might actually be a, good thing in the long term

lefty
09-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Using the ring argument to compare players is retarded.
Teams win championships, players don't. Yes, Bird, Kareem, Magic, Isiah, DK, etc were difference makers and great players but they wouldn't have won a single title if they had shit teammates.

Unfortunately the media has brainwashed today's players into believing that rings are what define your place in the goat rankings, and that has led to frustrated stars superteaming in order to win as many rings as possible.

It's no surprise the rings argument emerged after DK retired, as if Stern/ESPN have been trying to protect their eternal cash cow's image.

Eventually we are going to accept superteaming and if it leads to other players threatening DK's legacy, why not... Sonce it seems to be the criteria today (unfortunately).
"MJ is the goat cuz 6 rings" well Russell has 11. Or something like that.

Superteaming could also put pressure on GMs and force to not take their rosters and star players for granted and make sure they keep working on improving their teams in order to avoid losing their stars.

TDMVPDPOY
09-03-2017, 10:47 PM
90s nba = diluted talent and too many 1 man team superstar/allstar teams....

only a few teams got it right,...but that was about it...

htf u went from the 80s to 90s when players can even dribbler/shoot with either hand?

Gagnrath
09-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Not really agreeing with this at all. I think that both Nash and Peyton go down as top 20 all time point guards and I see 4 empty hands. I don't see anyone calling Derek Fisher or Steve Kerr a top 20 all time pg, even though they were both good contemporary players to the two named earlier. (Ok I will grant you Kerr was more of a combo guard). I don't see anyone claiming Horry as an all time top forward either.

apalisoc_9
09-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Anything that comes out of this Arabcoons mouth is legit trash.

lefty
09-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Anything that comes out of this Arabcoons mouth is legit trash.

I must be onto something then :lol

Thebesteva
09-03-2017, 11:34 PM
90s nba = diluted talent and too many 1 man team superstar/allstar teams....

only a few teams got it right,...but that was about it...

htf u went from the 80s to 90s when players can even dribbler/shoot with either hand?

in all fairness to 90s teams the game was still developing and they had to rely more on toughness than skill. But there were some skilled ass mofos back the. Too