PDA

View Full Version : 5 Things Hurricanes Can Do That Are Actually Good

Fabbs
09-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Like the opening line the anchor says, with sensitivity to the obvious damage and loss of life that happens to people....

5 Things Hurricanes Can Do That Are Actually Good
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-landfall-benefits-2016

baseline bum
09-06-2017, 04:42 PM
That extended cold front Harvey brought into San Antonio was pretty nice

Fabbs
09-06-2017, 04:43 PM
1. Bring Rainfall to Areas That Need*It
2. Break Up Bacteria and Red Tide
3. Provide a Global Heat Balance
4. Replenish Barrier Islands
5. Replenish Inland Plant Life

Details in article.

SpursforSix
09-06-2017, 04:48 PM
1. Blind Johnny Tamborine
2. Pegasus Rasterclack
3. Poopshoot Magoo
4. Lickshot Jones
5. Willie Phister Chicken

hater
09-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Mother Earth is just ridding the bacteria called humans off its beautiful body

We are worse than staph infection on mother earth if you really think about it

Diggin holes, burning shit and building disgusting structures on its beautiful surface

Fabbs
09-06-2017, 07:42 PM
1. Blind Johnny Tamborine
2. Pegasus Rasterclack
3. Poopshoot Magoo
4. Lickshot Jones
5. Willie Phister Chicken
https://www.couponcabin.com/coupons/jergens/

UNT Eagles 2016
09-07-2017, 02:33 AM
Mother Earth is just ridding the bacteria called humans off its beautiful body

We are worse than staph infection on mother earth if you really think about it

Diggin holes, burning shit and building disgusting structures on its beautiful surface

:lol hippie tarding much? Why don't you live in the jungle in the middle of nature, where you're likely to get bit up by insects constantly, and contract sleeping sickness, Marburg, Ebola, malaria, west nile virus, zika virus, and everything else... you'll die a slow and horrible death out there.

I'd rather technology and human advancement win out. Humanity is the way of the universe and we will conquer and be strong through eternity.

InRareForm
09-07-2017, 06:41 AM
I'd rather technology and human advancement win out. Humanity is the way of the universe and we will conquer and be strong through eternity.

we better learn galaxy space travel before the sun balloons to a red giant

hater
09-07-2017, 07:10 AM
:lol hippie tarding much? Why don't you live in the jungle in the middle of nature, where you're likely to get bit up by insects constantly, and contract sleeping sickness, Marburg, Ebola, malaria, west nile virus, zika virus, and everything else... you'll die a slow and horrible death out there.

:lmao the dinosaurs gave a better fight than we will

Mother nature will rid us in the next 200 years imo if we dont exterminate ourselves before

We are nothing but a serious bacterial infection that needs to be treated with some major flooding and storms

UNT Eagles 2016
09-07-2017, 10:19 AM
we better learn galaxy space travel before the sun balloons to a red giant

In 5-10 billion years? :lol we'll find an inhabitable alternate planet in 50 years, book it.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-07-2017, 10:21 AM

Mother nature will rid us in the next 200 years imo if we dont exterminate ourselves before

We are nothing but a serious bacterial infection that needs to be treated with some major flooding and storms

far leftist POS much?

Humanity is the most intelligent species (by far) in the history of the globe, there are other intelligent life forms in the galaxy and beyond (how can you believe not?) but humanity will persevere.

SpursforSix
09-07-2017, 10:22 AM
In 5-10 billion years? :lol we'll find an inhabitable alternate planet in 50 years, book it.

Nibiru will fuck us up long before then.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Nibiru will fuck us up long before then.

NASA would know better. Don't be stupid

SpursforSix
09-07-2017, 10:29 AM
NASA would know better. Don't be stupid

NASA is just a shill. They've acknowledged it. Just not the apocalypse that it will bring.

Fabbs
09-07-2017, 10:30 AM

If the evil ruiners of the Earth were taken out, but loving people were allowed to remain, why could not humanity continue on?

hater
09-07-2017, 12:40 PM
far leftist POS much?

Humanity is the most intelligent species (by far) in the history of the globe, there are other intelligent life forms in the galaxy and beyond (how can you believe not?) but humanity will persevere.

So because we are slightly smarter than creatures that dont wipe their ass we will persevere indefinitely?

There is no guarantee we will survive the next 50 years

A nuke war is very possible and our extintion would be easy then

Thats not even taking into consideration climate change. Mother Earth can easily obliterate us without breaking a sweat

hater
09-07-2017, 12:44 PM
If the evil ruiners of the Earth were taken out, but loving people were allowed to remain, why could not humanity continue on?

Evil ruiners? Humans are not black and whit and they can flip flop on a whim.

An example lets say you suddenly become a billionaire, what is the guarantee you will use your newfound power for good and not evil?

Humans by nature are evil(partly) so there is no possible scenario where we can rid humanity of evildoers

I guess it is possible to create a generation of medicated humans that somehow are incapable of commiting crimes but then who wants to live in that shit?

Cry Havoc
09-07-2017, 12:46 PM

A bit heavy handed, but it's worth noting that we are the ONLY species in the history of the universe as we know it that might be able to stop an asteroid impact that could end all life on the planet.

We are the curse and the would-be savior.

apalisoc_9
09-07-2017, 12:59 PM

:lol

one of the better post of 2017

hater
09-07-2017, 01:06 PM
A simple example:

1992 - big hurricane Andrew
2017 - Irma about 4x bigger than Andrew could wipe out a few cities
2042 - Pepito about 4x bigger than Irma could wipe out the Southern United States
2067 - Mohammed about 4x bigger than Pepito could wile out entire North America

Thats how easy we could get wiped out

SpursforSix
09-07-2017, 01:13 PM
A simple example:

1992 - big hurricane Andrew
2017 - Irma about 4x bigger than Andrew could wipe out a few cities
2042 - Pepito about 4x bigger than Irma could wipe out the Southern United States
2067 - Mohammed about 4x bigger than Pepito could wile out entire North America

Thats how easy we could get wiped out

Or something as small as a virus.

Blake
09-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Suicide is not an answer, dude. Just make a change for the better. Start with the man in the mirror etc

SpursforSix
09-07-2017, 04:41 PM
would it be in bad taste to make T-shits that say "you've been Irmanated" and have the following picture on the front?

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/black-woman-attitude_4523.jpg

SpursforSix
09-07-2017, 04:42 PM
charge about $19.95 apiece

Fabbs
09-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Evil ruiners? Humans are not black and whit and they can flip flop on a whim.

An example lets say you suddenly become a billionaire, what is the guarantee you will use your newfound power for good and not evil?

Humans by nature are evil(partly) so there is no possible scenario where we can rid humanity of evildoers
An all powerful being has the ability to judge accordingly. I realize you don't believe that.

Illustration. You are the creator and owner of an apartment complex and or housing development. Some of the tenants are disruptive trash. Others take great care of the property. Burn the whole thing down to get rid of the refuse-to-change-trash?
No. Evict the trash and continue on with the good tenants.

hater
09-07-2017, 08:49 PM
An all powerful being has the ability to judge accordingly. I realize you don't believe that.

Illustration. You are the creator and owner of an apartment complex and or housing development. Some of the tenants are disruptive trash. Others take great care of the property. Burn the whole thing down to get rid of the refuse-to-change-trash?

When the trash tenants own 95% of the apartments in the building, you burn that shit down

Mother nature waiting this long shows she is a caring patient mother

UNT Eagles 2016
09-07-2017, 08:54 PM
A bit heavy handed, but it's worth noting that we are the ONLY species in the history of the universe as we know it that might be able to stop an asteroid impact that could end all life on the planet.

We are the curse and the would-be savior.
Depends on what you define as "universe" -- since all of time and space is infinite just like numbers, if you mean by universe a large collection of galaxies, then that's a possibility but still unlikely imo. There has to be intelligent life elsewhere, even likely in the Milky Way

Fabbs
09-07-2017, 09:05 PM
When the trash tenants own 95% of the apartments in the building, you burn that shit down

Mother nature waiting this long shows she is a caring patient mother
Nooo. That is not based on love.
You're frying the 5% that make up the completely innocent good tenant people.

Nothing wrong with the physical Earth. It's the mismanagement of it, the incompetent governance.

Blake
09-07-2017, 09:07 PM

Not really "all powerful" if he can't make all good tenants.

hater
09-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Nooo. That is not based on love.
You're frying the 5% that make up the completely innocent good tenant people.

Nothing wrong with the physical Earth. It's the mismanagement of it, the incompetent governance.

Wait. Mother nature is washing the human scum away. Life will live on after we are gone. Of course theres gonna be a period of mayhem and death while the bacteria is killed

Same as with our human bodies and we take anti-biotics

Anti-biotics are not based on love. They are there to clean the scum and let the body live. Sure we kill a few innocent cells. Do you feel bad when you take anti-biotics?

Mother nature is just trying to survive

Fabbs
09-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Not really "all powerful" if he can't make all good tenants.
Free will.
He didn't make bots.

Fabbs
09-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Wait. Mother nature is washing the human scum away. Life will live on after we are gone. Of course theres gonna be a period of mayhem and death while the bacteria is killed

Same as with our human bodies and we take anti-biotics

Anti-biotics are not based on love. They are there to clean the scum and let the body live. Sure we kill a few innocent cells. Do you feel bad when you take anti-biotics?

Mother nature is just trying to survive
Doesn't sound like Mother Nature has much control.

hater
09-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Doesn't sound like Mother Nature has much control.

We dont have much control when we getting over a bacterial infection tbqh

Avante
09-08-2017, 12:11 AM
How many fucking morons do we have here, my God.

A thread about good things from a hurricane. Peoiple are dying, some losing everything and some total idiot is.....5 Things........

Wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I post other places and nowhere do I encounter the level of low rent, classless and stupid posters we see here. So many jerks, assholes and morons, it's amazing.

Avante
09-08-2017, 12:56 AM
Wait until a hurricane blows your fucking computer thru a widow and you have no place to live and lose a loved one, then let's talk.....5 Things...

I gotta take some time off from this place, you peope are an embarrassment.

FUCK....now a huge earthquake in Mexico.

Let me guess some fucking idiot....5 things good about an..............

See ya~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake
09-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Free will.
He didn't make bots.

But he made mistakes.

You can't dismiss the paradox, but you'll ignore it.

Blake
09-08-2017, 10:19 AM

A thread about good things from a hurricane. Peoiple are dying, some losing everything and some total idiot is.....5 Things........

I post other places and nowhere do I encounter the level of low rent, classless and stupid posters we see here. So many jerks, assholes and morons, it's amazing.

You can leave. Free will.

Blake
09-08-2017, 10:20 AM
I gotta take some time off from this place, you peope are an embarrassment.

Maybe there is a god

Fabbs
09-08-2017, 11:46 AM
But he made mistakes.
How?
:corn:

Blake
09-08-2017, 02:14 PM
How?
:corn:

You referred to it as trash

Fabbs
09-08-2017, 04:36 PM
You referred to it as trash
They chose to make themselves that way.
You just don't comprehend free will do you?
Perfect creator makes original perfect creatures. But, creatures have free will. Creatures choose to act independently of God and do evil. So they made themselves evil. Now the mold is dented. All that can be born from those two are imperfect, dented creatures.

Blake blames God for this. Or says because of this there must not be a God, only a Great Dust Peck.

Blake
09-08-2017, 04:42 PM
You referred to bad people as trash that needed to be evicted.

How come all powerful god failed at making all good people with free will?

You don't have to answer. These type of conversations always end up with the other person not understanding the paradox, saying something like "it's beyond our understanding" and running away.

Fabbs
09-08-2017, 04:46 PM

You don't have to answer. These type of conversations always end up with the other person not understanding the paradox, saying something like "it's beyond our understanding" and running away.
I'm going to use my free will to answer.
People who want to destroy the Earth and their fellow humans are bad.

"Failed at making all good people with free will." :lmao

SnakeBoy
09-08-2017, 05:58 PM

These are the type of conversations most people stopped having when they were 12.

Blake
09-09-2017, 03:42 PM
These are the type of conversations most people stopped having when they were 12.

If that's true it's a shame. Less retarded religious nuts would make our society better

Quadzilla99
09-09-2017, 05:37 PM
would it be in bad taste to make T-shits that say "you've been Irmanated" and have the following picture on the front?

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/black-woman-attitude_4523.jpg

Something like IRMA GAHD and then a pic of someone going under water might be better imo

apalisoc_9
09-09-2017, 07:59 PM

dont try to play Saint you pedophile rapist.