PDA

View Full Version : Chris Duel

johnsmith
09-06-2017, 07:49 PM
So I was driving from SA this afternoon back to Austin. At 5 pm, this dudes new show came on 760. For some reason that is totally beyond me, I listened to him for 45 minutes. During those 45 minutes there were three commercial breaks, one conversation about how he didn't drink during the UT pregame show, one conversation about the hurricane and finally one conversation about Dancing with the Stars.....please note the lack of actual sports talk. I give this show six weeks before cancellation and schedule change.

So my question is this....is this the worst sports talk show SA has ever produced?

Jeff Vexler and Walter Pasacrita may still be the winner but this was pretty bad.

I. Hustle
09-06-2017, 08:06 PM
So I was driving from SA this afternoon back to Austin. At 5 pm, this dudes new show came on 760. For some reason that is totally beyond me, I listened to him for 45 minutes. During those 45 minutes there were three commercial breaks, one conversation about how he didn't drink during the UT pregame show, one conversation about the hurricane and finally one conversation about Dancing with the Stars.....please note the lack of actual sports talk. I give this show six weeks before cancellation and schedule change.

So my question is this....is this the worst sports talk show SA has ever produced?

Jeff Vexler and Walter Pasacrita may still be the winner but this was pretty bad.

If you ever listened to it when it was him and that other guy on the "ESPN" station, it was pretty much the same thing. I think he is just a filler for now until they find something for that spot. He fills in from time to time and I think SA just got tired of the Austin show that would come on. They didn't have any ties to SA and would just talk non stop Longhorn football.

Pasacrita cracks me up. I follow him on twitter and he is just one bitter old guy. He just hates everyone and everything. It is easy to get him riled up on twitter so I will make him mad every now and then. Pretty funny.

Blake
09-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Duel was in right place right time on this current gig.

He was a background 3rd wheel on the Austin radio show (sports buffet) that got picked up in SA. When the 2 main dudes quit/got canned, he was left to drive the ship.

Guess they went ahead and gave him his own show until they can find something better

benefactor
09-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Duel used to have an account here iirc