PDA

View Full Version : If we win tonight, Game1 pitcher?

Jimcs50
10-17-2005, 08:33 AM
I do not want to get ahead of myself, but if the Astros do close it out tonight, do the Astros start Pettitte on full days rest in game 1?

Or do they go with Roy on extra days rest?

Also is Bagwell going to be DH, with Burke in center field?

Or do we keep Taveras in center, who I feel is better at that position by a mile over Burke and have Burke at the DH?

Lane and Lamb have come on offensively to go along with their stellar defensive play, so I want to keep them in the field and in the lineup.

Although, having Berkman on 1st proved to be the difference yesterday in the 9th because his extra inches of reach made the difference on that great great double play.

These questions need to be answered.

Give me your imput.

King
10-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Keep with the rotation - start Oswalt.

It'd be asinine to start Pettitte on one day's rest.

Taveras in center - and probably Burke at DH.

clooneyschick04
10-17-2005, 09:06 AM

I couldn't agree with King more on this one.

IcemanCometh
10-17-2005, 09:08 AM
uhm world series doesn't start til saturday einstein

Jimcs50
10-17-2005, 09:48 AM

Pettitte would have 4 days rest. Game 1 is Sat.

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Start Pettite...he keeps his normal routine.

Taveras in center, Burke DH

Spurminator
10-17-2005, 10:22 AM
I will be shocked if Bagwell is not the DH.

Baseballwise, there are probably better options, but Bagwell is by far the most sentimental option and his bat is probably not enough of a liability to keep him on the bench.

King
10-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Pettitte would have 4 days rest. Game 1 is Sat.

I was going on what you said in the first post. You said 'start Pettitte on a full day's rest.' I hadn't checked the series schedule yet.

On four days rest, start it over. I'd rather have the chance of Pettitte going twice than Backe.

Marcus Bryant
10-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Any particular reason you are trying to jinx this thing, Jim?

TexasAggie2005
10-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Start Pettitte.

For the games at Chicago, Berkman plays DH and Burke plays in left. This keeps Lane, Lamb, Burke, Taveras, and Berkman in the lineup and you don't have to deal with Berkman's defensive mishaps. Bagwell's not ready to play.

In Houston, I don't know, but I would imagine we'd do something similar to what we're doing now. Either Taveras or Lamb sits and we rotate people around accordingly.

Kip Fanatic
10-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Any particular reason you are trying to jinx this thing, Jim?

If you were to READ the post correctly, he said IF the Astros win tonight. He isn't jinxing anything. Just asking a simple question.

Moving on. I would start Roy Oswalt and give Andy extra rest. I would start Taveras in CF and let Burke hit DH. Bagwell really hasn't come through. I would only use Bags as a pinch hitter. That's just my opinion though.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 03:33 PM
There may be no franchise in the history of baseball (other than maybe the Red Sox or the Cubs) that has evidenced the sheer ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of series victory like the Astros. The 8th inning of Game 5 of the 1980 NLCS, the 9th inning of Game 6 of the 1986 NLCS, and the countless other failures along the way. Until the Astros are ahead after the 3rd out has been recorded in the opposing team's half of 9th inning of a clinching game, I'm not thinking one bit about what might happen after that.

Marcus Bryant
10-17-2005, 03:49 PM
If you were to READ the post correctly, he said IF the Astros win tonight. He isn't jinxing anything. Just asking a simple question.

Moving on. I would start Roy Oswalt and give Andy extra rest. I would start Taveras in CF and let Burke hit DH. Bagwell really hasn't come through. I would only use Bags as a pinch hitter. That's just my opinion though.

I did read the post. Thinking ahead while the series is still going on does risk tempting the wolf gods.

PS...lighten the fuck up, forum cop.

:)

Weather Man Bob
10-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Roy deserves the start, use Burke as a Dh and use Taveres at CF, noone can run like him, and if they want, bench Lane and put Burke at right, then use Bags as a DH, because if we go to the world series, he deserves to play, I can not see him not playing, so if anything, bench Palmerio or Lane.

mcornelio
10-17-2005, 05:59 PM
start ladaian tomlison, he can do it all

hussker
10-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Roy O...Hottest on the staff right now. Stay with the rotation...FIRST PITCH OF GAME FIVE COMING UP!

scott
10-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Start whoever you won't be heartbroken by when he earns a game one loss.

ducks
10-17-2005, 10:52 PM
houston lost
not sure if houston will go to big dance now