BatManu20
09-11-2017, 04:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPBcNFIgiTQ

BatManu20
09-11-2017, 04:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI4IzAWyCt0

Dex
I get that Parker is gonna miss half the season. I get that Manu's minutes have to be limited if he is going to have any legs left come April and May. I get that any other guard not named Green or Mills is unproven and unknown.

I still have no idea what the fuck the FO is doing picking up all the guards. Are we seriously gonna go rolling into the season with 3 bigs? They'll be worn out by the end of camp!

peacemaker885
Man just a few letters...

RD2191
09-11-2017, 04:18 PM
:lobt2:

Ron Swanson
09-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Stacked

wildbill2u
09-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Maybe they arenn't convinced that Murray can be used for lots of minutes and needs more work.

TD 21
09-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Makes more sense than Costello, who lacks a current archetype, because he profiles as 3 and D wing. Can't have too many of them and Spurs lack a clear third one (what they have, is an abundance of guards and to a lesser extent combo forwards). Paul could emerge as being somewhat in that mold, but despite impressive length, he's too small to guard most big wings who can create their own shot.

Yeah, it's one less spot for a big, but they need a legit NBA big more than a fringe or G-League one anyway. Still think an experienced center will be in training camp to provide another practice/preseason body and push Forbes for a spot.

apalisoc_9
09-11-2017, 06:21 PM
This guy can shoot. He's also surprisingly physical.

unlike most 3 and D guys, he's really closer to a more natural shooter mold..which is way. Which is kinda like Paul but this guy has somewhat better physical tools and potential on the defensive end.

buttsR4rebounding
09-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Kyle Anderson is going to play a lot of 4 this year which is good since it is his best position. We are going to need the rebounding.

tholdren
09-11-2017, 06:52 PM
I get that Parker is gonna miss half the season. I get that Manu's minutes have to be limited if he is going to have any legs left come April and May. I get that any other guard not named Green or Mills is unproven and unknown.

I still have no idea what the fuck the FO is doing picking up all the guards. Are we seriously gonna go rolling into the season with 3 bigs? They'll be worn out by the end of camp!

You dont need bigs in todays nba get over it

sasaint
09-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Stacked

:lol

ceperez
09-11-2017, 06:55 PM
lefty.... I guess he plays when Manu rests.

ElNono
09-11-2017, 06:59 PM
better than Hanga, tbh, which is not saying much, IMO...

cutewizard
09-11-2017, 07:43 PM
:bobo

TimDunkem
09-11-2017, 08:26 PM
It's like most of you suffer from amnesia every summer and forget that the Spurs need bodies for training camp...The guy won't make it to opening night, people. JFC...

Chinook
09-11-2017, 08:33 PM
It's like most of you suffer from amnesia every summer and forget that the Spurs need bodies for training camp...The guy won't make it to opening night, people. JFC...

He was signed to a two-way deal, not a camp deal. The Spurs used another one of their 17 spots on a guard, which makes nine total, and 10 total for camp so far. They have two spots open for camp at this point, with Blossomgame not joining the big club for some reason. If they sign yet another guard, it'll be really weird.

TimDunkem
09-11-2017, 09:10 PM
He was signed to a two-way deal, not a camp deal. The Spurs used another one of their 17 spots on a guard, which makes nine total, and 10 total for camp so far. They have two spots open for camp at this point, with Blossomgame not joining the big club for some reason. If they sign yet another guard, it'll be really weird.
I recognize the difference. Regardless, he won't be getting minutes with the big club unless someone goes down, or Pop rests guys. The guy will be up in Austin most of the year. People are talking as if he's going to be a major part of the rotation.

SAGirl
09-11-2017, 09:32 PM
So these 2 way deals have some chance to visit the team and play some games through the season if needed. Hmmm fishing expedition, but he looks interesting enough to take a flyer and see what's there. I do wonder how Pop is going to play all these guys this season... on top of the new faces they already have. They feel pretty set everywhere else apparently but aren't confident in their guards.

tbdog
09-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Still cannot believe Lee didnt get a contract by us or anyone. He had a good season and he need a natural energy hustle guy. I can't see Kyle and Bertans hustling..... same as Gasol and LMA.

RD2191
09-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Still cannot believe Lee didnt get a contract by us or anyone. He had a good season and he need a natural energy hustle guy. I can't see Kyle and Bertans hustling..... same as Gasol and LMA.

Doesn't make sense to me either.

Chinook
09-11-2017, 10:37 PM

Yeah, I'd rather have Lee on the roster than Paul right now. He can play with LMA and Pau while also being a possible center for a fast-paced bench unit.

Truth4sale$
09-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Initially, I was sour on this guy, but i remembered this is mainly a G league signing. He will likely not play this year with Brandon Paul already on the team. Although, the Spurs have cut guaranteed contracts before, ex Livio Jean Charles, and Stephan Jackson. That being said competition is good. The with Ginobili, and Parker old and Green 1 dimensional a free agent next year, the Spurs need guards. Get enough of them in the fold, one has to emerge as a diamond in the rough.

Ice009
09-11-2017, 11:07 PM
I recognize the difference. Regardless, he won't be getting minutes with the bug club unless someone goes down, or Pop rests guys. The guy will be up in Austin most of the year. People are talking as if he's going to be a major part of the rotation.

Look, you were wrong about it being a camp deal. He's signed to a two-way contract, and teams only have two of those available, so the fact that the Spurs are using one of those spots for him on a two-way deal means they consider him a lot more than just training camp fodder. They must see something in him that they like.

At least he's 6'6". I would not have been happy if he was another short guard that's under 6'5".

TimDunkem
09-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Look, you were wrong about it being a camp deal. He's signed to a two-way contract, and teams only have two of those available, so the fact that the Spurs are using one of those spots for him on a two-way deal means they consider him a lot more than just training camp fodder. They must see something in him that they like.

At least he's 6'6". I would not have been happy if he was another short guard that's under 6'5".No. I can read and know the difference but he's not here to receive major minutes like some are implying. That was my point. Plain and simple.

BillMc
09-11-2017, 11:51 PM

Doesn't make sense to me either.

Yeah, I'd rather have Lee on the roster than Paul right now. He can play with LMA and Pau while also being a possible center for a fast-paced bench unit.

These. Seemed like a great teammate too. What about all this culture stuff?

John B
09-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Small ball here we come.

pookenstein
09-12-2017, 12:41 AM
This guy can shoot.

:lmao
He shot 37.2% from 2 (47/126) and 26.1% from 3 (12/46) in 39 games last season... Also only 75% from the line.

jyra
09-12-2017, 02:14 AM
His performance at the recent FIBA Americup wasn't too great either. He led the US team in scoring with 13 PPG but only shot 40% from the field including 2/17 from a shorter 3 point line.

spurs50_
09-12-2017, 07:00 AM
So what about Blossomgame?... Thought one of these two way deals was going to him and the other to some Costello guy.

Truth4sale$
09-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Blossomgame has a direct contract with the G league, not a two way deal. Spurs still own his rights. He was the best of the USA qualifying team. Maybe not a all star, but probably a solid bench player to develop long term to challenge or replace Danny Green. They basically seem like the same player.

NASpurs
09-12-2017, 09:13 AM
Blossomgame has a direct contract with the G league, not a two way deal. Spurs still own his rights. He was the best of the USA qualifying team. Maybe not a all star, but probably a solid bench player to develop long term to challenge or replace Danny Green. They basically seem like the same player.

Hopefully Blossomgame's game blossoms.

superbigtime
09-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Need to pick up David Lee instead of these go-nowhere guards.

BillMc
09-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Need to pick up David Lee instead of these go-nowhere guards.

SAGirl
09-12-2017, 11:03 AM
I wonder what happened with Lee. I'd much rather have him than Lauvergne (who I admit don't know very well but Lee was better last season). I wonder if Lee also wanted a payday and miscalculated his chances like so many agents did this past season, or if the Spurs philosophical change to add more perimeter players would have had him displaced with irregular playing time and he wouldn't have that. For example, do we even know if Lauvergne is going to be a rotation player or just a backup big to push Davis, and for situational matches, or rest games? If that were the case, I doubt Lee would want a role like that.

It is strange but by opting out I think it was Lee who wanted better pastures.

SAGirl
09-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Initially, I was sour on this guy, but i remembered this is mainly a G league signing. He will likely not play this year with Brandon Paul already on the team. Although, the Spurs have cut guaranteed contracts before, ex Livio Jean Charles, and Stephan Jackson. That being said competition is good. The with Ginobili, and Parker old and Green 1 dimensional a free agent next year, the Spurs need guards. Get enough of them in the fold, one has to emerge as a diamond in the rough.
We can add Ray MacCallum on recent guaranteed contracts cut (a guard), and in his case one that the Spurs traded for. If I am not mistaken Jimmer (another guard) had 500,000 guaranteed and was cut in training camp and I think Butler had become guaranteed and in 2016 was the last cut that season to make way for a worse player in Kevin Martin (another guard).

Anyways, the odds tell me not all of the guards in the team this season will pan out and depending on how they do, some may be cut later in the season to make way for someone else or spend more time in Austin than they thought they would.
Forbes and Paul will have to show they have game early in the season. And although Dejounte is so young still, he needs to play better too.

SAGirl
09-12-2017, 11:39 AM
He shot 37.2% from 2 (47/126) and 26.1% from 3 (12/46) in 39 games last season... Also only 75% from the line.

His performance at the recent FIBA Americup wasn't too great either. He led the US team in scoring with 13 PPG but only shot 40% from the field including 2/17 from a shorter 3 point line.
Thanks for that info. I was wondering why he'd been cut from his prior teams and was out of the league. Shows how misleading highlights without context are. :tu

TheGreatYacht
09-12-2017, 02:51 PM
RC Drunkford picking out of the bottom of the D-League barrel as well, eh? At least that alcoholic fuck is consistent.

TimDunkem
09-12-2017, 04:20 PM
RC Drunkford picking out of the bottom of the D-League barrel as well, eh? At least that alcoholic fuck is consistent.
I'm waiting for the last minute signing of Joel Anthony.

Dex
09-12-2017, 05:02 PM
I wonder what happened with Lee. I'd much rather have him than Lauvergne (who I admit don't know very well but Lee was better last season). I wonder if Lee also wanted a payday and miscalculated his chances like so many agents did this past season, or if the Spurs philosophical change to add more perimeter players would have had him displaced with irregular playing time and he wouldn't have that. For example, do we even know if Lauvergne is going to be a rotation player or just a backup big to push Davis, and for situational matches, or rest games? If that were the case, I doubt Lee would want a role like that.

It is strange but by opting out I think it was Lee who wanted better pastures.

I'm still holding out hope that the Spurs pick him up late before camp on the cheap, but that means they would have to cut one of the other new signees. Granted, a lot of them appear to be training camp fodder in the first place.

Really surprised DLee hasn't been picked up anywhere considering his solid play off the bench last year.

cd98
09-12-2017, 05:13 PM

Might be related to his injury.

TheGreatYacht
09-12-2017, 07:27 PM
I'm waiting for the last minute signing of Joel Anthony.
I've seen a couple of analytic nerds starting to question PATFO's senility... but it's not enough. The casuals still think any player can flourish here.

Seventyniner
09-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Might be related to his injury.

Good point. With the Spurs' lack of bigs I would think they'd love to have Lee back for the minimum, so it's either Lee that is still exploring his options or his injury is worse than we thought.

tbdog
09-13-2017, 12:00 AM
I thought his injury was only a few weeks in recovery?

Truth4sale$
09-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Lee excelled in the Spurs system, and he was a surprise to both fans and coaches. He had great value for how he performed on the veteran minimum. Although, when you see some of the contracts given to some guys, he felt his value was higher, similar to Dedmon. Lee is a throwback to a era of 7-8 years ago. He has no 3-pt shot, and can't block shots, so he is a no mans land position player. Although a hustle player(which he is) is great to have. His age, lack of 3pt shot hurt him in the open market. Dedmon was able to get a deal despite poor shooting due to his shot blocking skill set. Bottom line, Hillard along with other young players need to excel at least one skill set to stick.

TheGreatYacht
11-22-2017, 10:59 AM

Chinook
11-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Are you feeling okay, buddy?

tholdren
11-22-2017, 12:20 PM

Yet numbers worse than these are heralded by rookies in todays nba.. #makeLakersgreatagain

tholdren
11-22-2017, 12:25 PM
We can add Ray MacCallum on recent guaranteed contracts cut (a guard), and in his case one that the Spurs traded for. If I am not mistaken Jimmer (another guard) had 500,000 guaranteed and was cut in training camp and I think Butler had become guaranteed and in 2016 was the last cut that season to make way for a worse player in Kevin Martin (another guard).

Anyways, the odds tell me not all of the guards in the team this season will pan out and depending on how they do, some may be cut later in the season to make way for someone else or spend more time in Austin than they thought they would.
Forbes and Paul will have to show they have game early in the season. And although Dejounte is so young still, he needs to play better too.

Ironically kevin martin and fathead were supposed to be a similar role player. Martin to get to the line and fat head to create scoring opportunities. Sadly, they both played like little girls

palangi
11-23-2017, 12:38 AM
Honestly is like to see Green and Mills traded. We habe Forbes to replace Mills already. Let Hilliard replace green. Try to attain assets or picks.

SAGirl
02-02-2018, 03:12 AM
Seems Pop likes him bc they have called him up often this season. Did a good job in this game. Small sample and all that.

Atl Spur
02-02-2018, 07:02 AM
He plays tough and is a good defender. I like the kid! His ballhandling is a bonus.

TheGreatYacht
02-02-2018, 12:14 PM
He's been great in the G-League so it was only a matter of time before he had a good showing. I hope we see him more because that midget lineup of Parker-Mills-Forbes-Manure is disgusting.

r0drig0lac
02-02-2018, 12:59 PM
He's been great in the G-League so it was only a matter of time before he had a good showing. I hope we see him more because that midget lineup of Parker-Mills-Forbes-Manure is disgusting.

yes,what the hell was Pop thinking?

TheGreatYacht
02-02-2018, 02:17 PM
yes,what the hell was Pop thinking?
He's trying his hardest to justify that egregious $50,000,000 contract his GM handed out. Let's be serious. If Fatty earned $2-3M a year he'd be a third stringer

phxspurfan
02-02-2018, 03:36 PM
He strikes me as Jacque Vaughn with less experience but a better jumper. A solid #3

SAGirl
02-02-2018, 09:07 PM

Ice009
02-02-2018, 09:33 PM
He played very well. I liked what he did out there. Probably a better performance that BP3 has had all season.

BP3 has had better scoring games, but they haven't come against a team this good. Darrun also played well on defense too IMO.

I'd like to see him get more minutes and chances to see what he can do.

He's also not short for his position which is a BIG plus for me.

sasaint
02-02-2018, 09:36 PM
He played very well. I liked what he did out there. Probably a better performance that BP3 has had all season.

BP3 has had better scoring games, but they haven't come against a team this good. Darrun also played well on defense too IMO.

I'd like to see him get more minutes and chances to see what he can do.

He's also not short for his position which is a BIG plus for me.

Yep. And I am curious about White. I think he has had less time with the parent organization than any recent 1st round pick.

SAGirl
02-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Yep. And I am curious about White. I think he has had less time with the parent organization than any recent 1st round pick.
that is probably due to how many guards they have...

sasaint
02-02-2018, 10:01 PM
that is probably due to how many guards they have...

Unquestionably. But I kind of feel like Pop's fascination with BP3 has deprived White of some opportunities with the SA Spurs that some others got. I don't know whether that has been good for White, who was, after all, a first round pick.

BackHome
02-03-2018, 02:19 AM
Yeah but I think White is a better player then Murray right now but Pop thinking that Murray has more upside. So focus on getting Murray up to speed and next season focus on white since such a jam at PG. Either way Hillard and White are better prospects then Paul.