PDA

View Full Version : Sat Oct 22 Texas vs. Texas Tech

mookie2001
10-17-2005, 09:39 AM
#2 vs. #10 or #8
this is like the ND USC matchup
only Texas won't get praised or be voted the winner of the greatest football game of all time by ESPN if they win on the last play made possible by a clutch fumble and a reset clock

besides a&m, this is going to be the last legit opponent until texas plays their bowl game
i'm just glad as hell this game is going to be at DKR

Hodges has passed for 2400 yds and 22 TDs
isnt it weird how Tech always has the best quarterbacks?
LOL

anyway I watched that Kstate tech game saturday and that wideout Felani had a career game
it seems Taurean Henderson has been good for 3 years too, he had 5 total TDs
On defense I don't see how they can stop Texas
theyve got to come out running in the 1st half and keep techs O off the field
also don't think VY will go his third straight game without an INT
Vince will be able to throw though, to my main main David Thomas
Vince regulated upon Tech last year in what was a spectacular game in Lubbock
when Texas is on defense theyre gonna have to bring some LBs through those wideass O-Line gaps Tech sets up in
with the speed and strength the Texas secondary has, they'll will have to hold Hodges to less than 500 years passing and 4 TDs
thoughts?
predictions?

Texas 45
Tech 28

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Its not the QB...its the system. Obviously the QB has to have some talent but Leach's system makes you look really good....look what happens to them after they leave.

batman2883
10-17-2005, 09:53 AM
UT by 20 or more book it

Marcus Bryant
10-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Texas Tech is overrated. Beating a Tech team at DKR is not the same as going into South Bend and dropping the home team, so that's why the hype won't be there.

But what will be there, is the opportunity for Texas to notch a win against a "top 10" opponent. Though I'm not sure if strength of schedule is based on the ranking of an opponent when the game was played or at the end of the season.

mookie2001
10-17-2005, 09:56 AM
true marcus but the Longhorns are not from Los Angeles and 1.5 time defending champions
and Tech doesnt have its own network

ND was a 1 loss team too

NoMoneyDown
10-17-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm with Batman. Before the game with Colorado, I thought the Buffs would be Texas' biggest nemisis the rest of the year - and I STILL think so. Tech has an improved defense, but it still sucks. The Nebraska and Kansas games showed me just how vulnerable their offense is to an average defense (let alone a good defensive secondary like Texas has). Young will have a field day both running and passing, and if Charles gets the nod, even more damage for the Red Raiders.

Texas 52
Tech 24

batman2883
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
I dont think Tech will reach 24 if anything i give them 14-21, the Horns will be in the 40's again

SWC Bonfire
10-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech has an improved defense, but it still sucks. The Nebraska and Kansas games showed me just how vulnerable their offense is to an average defense (let alone a good defensive secondary like Texas has). Young will have a field day both running and passing, and if Charles gets the nod, even more damage for the Red Raiders.

Texas 52
Tech 24

Give Tech a few more garbage-time points and I'll agree wholeheartedly.

cecil collins
10-17-2005, 12:55 PM
I don't think a team that beat Nebraska 31-30 at Lincoln is much a threat. They only managed 21 at home against Texas last year, so I expect a rout. I see that A&M game as a danger, but that's pretty much it. Texas wins 61-17. Also, USC isn't quite as scary to me now.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Texas Tech walks into Austin with absolutely nothing to lose in this game.

If they lose the game badly, as most are predicting, it will be no big shock. After all, Tech doesn't have the athletes, the facilities, or the warchest that exists on the 40 Acres. Who among Tech's starters would get much time at UT? Anyone?

If they lose a close game somehow, it will give more reason to think that the Red Raiders are among the top 10-15 teams in the country. After all, they will have gone into the home field of a top 2 team and held their own in a huge game. A loss by less than 10 or so in Austin will keep Tech ranked somewhere in the Top 15-20 and give the Red Raiders a chance to regain their ranking before season's end, while ensuring them an opportunity to go to a big bowl game.

If they win in Austin, well, the City of Lubbock might spontaneously combust.

I'm rooting for Tech, but I don't expect them to win.

But I can see ways that they might keep the game close and give themselves a chance. As pass-happy as Leach's offense is, it's not necessarily a big-play kind of pass-happy; the offense is geared more towards possession throws that create opportunities for big plays. It's effective use against a good defense depends on the ability to complete passes and loosen up the defense to create running lanes to balance the output. When the Red Raiders have been relatively balanced against Texas in the last 3 years, they've been able to even out time of possession and have either been close or won; when they didn't had balance, they lost badly.

If Hodges can make plays in the passing game like Symons did in 2003 (32-56, 365 yds, 3 TD) or like Kingsbury did in 2002 (38-60, 473 yds, 6TD), it should open up the running game enough to make a difference. In 2002, when Tech won at Lubbock, the Red Raiders added around 100 rushing yards to the passing output and held the ball for more than 30 minutes. In 2003, in a close game at Austin, the Red Raiders ran for more than 160 yards, had the ball for almost 32 minutes, and lost in the waning seconds. Last year, in a blowout at Lubbock, the Red Raiders threw for 400+ yards, but ended up with -17 yards rushing and held the ball only for 20 minutes and got destroyed.

Hodges is more consistent in operating Leach's offense than Cumbie was last season (and even better, I think, than B.J. Symons was in 2003); he's somewhat Kingsbury-esque in terms of his poise and accuracy in the system. What's problematic about Hodges is that he's never played in a big game before, and certainly not in a big game on the road. I think Lincoln will help him to be a bit more prepared for what's coming, but ultimately, what happens to Tech depends on what Hodges can and can't do in the passing game.

Tech would be helped by some turnovers, but turnovers haven't told the tale in this series of late. Tech turned it over once last year and got smoked. Texas turned it over 3 times in 2003 (to none for Tech) and barely won. Texas turned it over once in 2002 (to none for Tech) as Tech won. It would be helpful to Tech's cause to manufacture some turnovers on Saturday.

Like I say, I support Tech, but I don't necessarily see them winning this game or even keeping it close. But I also wouldn't be shocked if the Red Raiders found some way to make things happen and gave Texas more than I expect them to.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
true marcus but the Longhorns are not from Los Angeles and 1.5 time defending champions

ND was a 1 loss team too

Good point.

Look for Melton to buthle his huthle and get about 70 yards for like 1 - 2 touchdowns.

Willinsa
10-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't think a team that beat Nebraska 31-30 at Lincoln is much a threat. They only managed 21 at home against Texas last year, so I expect a rout. I see that A&M game as a danger, but that's pretty much it. Texas wins 61-17. Also, USC isn't quite as scary to me now.

A&m a danger, lets see they beat a DivII-A team by 13, almost lose to Baylor, and got destroyed by a Colorado team that was blown out by Texas.
Don't see it happening on T+1, Texas should run the table.

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 02:58 PM
A&M at Kyle is always a tough task. Texas should win out but there have been plenty of times when the better team coming in has not won that game.

hussker
10-17-2005, 07:36 PM
tu wins by 3 tds over TTU this week. I think that NU defense is the toughest that TTU has faced all year, but I think tu has better DB play (which they will need because I think NU front four is better).

VY will control the game. Next task for tu is aTm on day after turkeyday. (I can't wait to be in the stands for that one!).

Mr Dio
10-17-2005, 07:52 PM

ND was a 1 loss team too

:lmao

Mr Dio
10-17-2005, 07:53 PM
tu wins by 3 tds over TTU this week. I think that NU defense is the toughest that TTU has faced all year, but I think tu has better DB play (which they will need because I think NU front four is better).

VY will control the game. Next task for tu is aTm on day after turkeyday. (I can't wait to be in the stands for that one!).

I have to ask.
Seriously?, you thnk the bugeaters' front 4 is better than UT's?

Mr Dio
10-17-2005, 07:54 PM
A&M at Kyle is always a tough task. Texas should win out but there have been plenty of times when the better team coming in has not won that game.

:lmao

mookie2001
10-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Mack Brown Monday press conference: October 17

General Comments: It was a fun game last week and it's a fun time in Austin right now watching this team play. It's a team that has taken the attitude of our preseason slogan of 'Take Dead Aim' and I was really proud that after the commotion at Ohio State and the big win that they came back and played hard against Rice and did the same thing after the OU win, they came back and played hard against Colorado. They seem to be a very mature team and they have learned to give respect to the opponents. That's hard to do in college football.

Most football games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage and we thought this one was the same. We were able to stop their run. We weren't able to run it as we normally do, but we had great pass protection and we were able to put a lot of pressure on Joel Klatt. I thought that was the difference. Vince stood back there a long time and he had a chance to find his first second and third receiver and therefore ended up with a great percentage day of 24-of-29 and had his best day. You look at stopping the run and in our league right now, five of the top 10 teams against the run are in the Big 12. It's amazing what teams in our league are doing against the running game and it is a credit to our league.

When we score first since we've been here, we are 56-6, and we have scored first every time this year. It shows that if we get out of the blocks quickly it helps us in the ball game. So far this season we have scored every first time we touched the ball except for the Louisiana-Lafayette game where we fumbled at the 20, but were still able to score first in the ball game. When we out-rush an opponent we are 65-0 and we were able to do that again on Saturday by a significant amount. When we win explosives, which we did, 9-4, and we win the turnover ratio 1-2, when we win both of those we are 45-0.

We accomplished all of our goals on Saturday and again what a great day by Vince Young. He is completing 68 percent of his passes and he is 23-2 as a starter and it seems like the bigger the stakes the better he plays, which is really exciting right now for us. He has really embraced the national scene and that should help us this weekend. I also like the fact that he has been so unselfish. When asked about the Heisman he is not talking about the Heisman he is talking about his teammates and his team. When he was asked about stats he said I don't care if we run it a hundred times or pass it a hundred times, we want to win. All of these things permeate through the team. The team listens. It's hard if your star player is unselfish for anyone else to be selfish.

We also won all three phases of the kicking game and that was significant because Colorado had maybe the best place kicker and the best punter in the country. We knew field position would be huge on Saturday and when they punted 56 yards the first punt and then we have a block in the back and get it back at the 10, I thought the game was starting the way Colorado wanted it to start. Then we had the 16-play drive and sent a message to them that we were going to be able to move the ball. I thought we were a little bit better on the penalties; we still had too many foolish penalties so we have to handle that individually. We still dropped two or three interceptions so we can do much better in the turnover ratio than we are. We are concerned we are not getting as many turnovers. We had the one fumble at our end of the field that led to points; we did miss a field goal. We thought we played the best sudden change defense that we have played since we have been at Texas, but we were disappointed that we got down to 4th down twice and they scored on the play in both situations.

As far as the Texas Tech game this weekend, No. 2 vs. No. 8 or 10 depending on which poll you are talking about, GameDay is in town which the kids will really enjoy and our students will have fun with. It's an old Southwest Conference foe, which I know the people in the state of Texas like and all of college football's eyes are looking at Austin, Texas, and the state of Texas with guys from both of these schools. What a fun time for everybody in this state. Credit to Texas Tech I think this is the first time since '76 that they have been in the top 10. It is fun to see both schools getting this kind of attention.

When Spike (Dykes) was at Texas Tech and Spike is a great friend of many coaches and mine across the country, I thought he did the best job anybody could do at Tech. It had his personality, he fit Tech perfectly and Tech is a great place to coach, if you look at them historically they always win. They have always had great teams there; they have been very consistent throughout the years. Then Mike came in, he wasn't from that part of the country, he was going to throw the ball all the time into that big wind and nobody said he could do it and give him credit. He has taken his personality, he has taken his offense and he has done exactly what he has wanted to do with it and he has won every year that he has been there. I am just amazed at the things he has accomplished.

When you look at throwing for over 600 yards last weekend, it's just amazing. I laughed we threw for 336 yards and we were all excited, but then Vince said yeah but they threw for 636. That is just what you have. What they are doing in college football is unheard of offensively, it's amazing. They are completing 71 percent of their passes. They are averaging 472 yards passing, which is phenomenal. They are No. 2 in total offense, at 572 yards per game. Scoring they are No. 1 averaging 52 points per game, but here is where the change has come, a lot of people are not talking about their defense. They are No. 32 against the run, giving up only 117 yards per game, they are No. 23 against the pass with 184 yards per game, but they are No. 18 in total defense in the country only giving up 301 yards per game. And the next two stats are the most impressive, in scoring defense they are No. 13 in the country only giving up 16 points per game and on turnover ratio they are No. 8 in the country with a plus-eight. Texas Tech is a complete team right now they are not just at team that throws the ball all the time and makes a lot of yards.

It's a fun week; you love to play Tech because coaching is involved trying to figure out how to stop that crazy passing attack. They are spreading them out all over the field and throwing 74 times a game. Depth is an issue because you have to be able to rush the passer and try to get him off his rhythm. They have very few sacks because they have the huge splits and because he gets the ball out of his hands so quickly. Taurean Henderson has been a great player for them. I think he just broke a national record; they've had a bunch of receivers break a national record. They break records more quickly than most people eat lunch. That's what we've got this week.

On the big splits: They have the big splits so it disrupts your blitzes up front because if you have a twist your guys have to show it and they have to come so much further. They felt like the outside guy can never get to the quarterback, whether it's a defensive end or a twisting guy because he has too far to come. If you bring a secondary guy, he has a long way to come to get to the quarterback and they have so many hot reads and quick balls that they get on the screens and draws that if you get too many inside it, they can spread you out to the field and they are constantly throwing the little bubble screens and quick things outside so if you get too many committed inside then you miss a tackle outside and it gets you in trouble.

On Tech's Defense: They have better players for one thing. They are knocking you out they are playing with much more confidence. They have been there long enough now to get their scheme and the new defensive coordinator over the last years was a head coach and he was the defensive coordinator at Cal and he has been around. Lyle (Setencich) has done a great job with those guys. I really believe that they are playing with the confidence now of a team that is in the top part of defense in the country instead of being the bad defense at Texas Tech that everybody talked about. Now no one is talking about how bad the defense is, they gave Nebraska trouble and they gave Kansas State trouble, and they gave Kansas trouble. It's not just their schedule they are playing really well.

On the running game: When you look at Texas Tech's improvement in the run defense, giving up 117 yards (per game); it's a difficult thing for us. We will have to stay balanced and still try to hold the ball. When we have been successful against them we have forced turnovers and limited the amount of throws that they have been able to have and we have been able to keep the ball and score points on offense. We lost three turnovers here in the 43-40 game and we gained none. We had 2 turnovers that we could have gained, but we were offsides or had some penalty in both of those settings and then we missed a 4th-and-inches going in to go ahead 28-27. You cannot miss opportunities against them because Mike will go for 4th-and-10 at his own 30, he doesn't care. Because of the nature of their offense they are never out of the game. I saw them down 20 something points to TCU last year in the first quarter and they were tied or ahead by halftime. It's a game you can never relax. It's never over until it's over.

On Texas' defense being confident: Well they are. We do have an advantage in that Mike Tolleson and Duane Akina have seen this offense. It's new for Oscar and Gene Chizik even though Oscar was at Houston. The defense gets excited about playing in this game because it is such a challenge. What a great day for a defensive back to show his skills as a pass rusher. It's a totally different ball game. It's a fresh-legged game; they wear you out so many times. We went out there and got beat, the only road game we have lost in about 24 when we lost 42-38 a few years ago, and they just wore us out. We were thin on defense that day and we got dead legged in the fourth quarter. It's key to keep fresh guys and fresh legs on pass rushing and covering.

On Tech's continued success despite changing the quarterback: First, Cody looks just like the past three; there's no difference. If you just flash at him you can't tell any difference. And I think the thing that has made them so consistent is that Mike Leach has sold guys on, "You come in, you sit for four years, and you play for one." He's sold him on that and their doing it. They get in a little bit at the end of some games when they're way ahead, but he has got a five year quarterback every year. And if you look at teams, usually older teams with experience at quarterback are the most successful teams. And we're an older team and we have experience at quarterback. We struggled some when they were younger. But he keeps an older quarterback in his system. I really believe it's one of the things that makes them so successful. They've taken that Brigham Young theory of "You're going to have your time, so just wait, cause when it gets to be your time, you're going to be really good and you're going to lead the nation in passing." And I noticed that they have four receivers, counting Henderson, that are leading our league in receptions.

On BCS rankings and last year's "campaign for our team": Well I thought it was really bad of me to brag on our team last year. It's something that I've got to overcome. Saying nice things about your team - my lord, what an awful thing. But I really believe that there were a lot of people talking about the BCS standings last week that got beat. So by getting beat they put themselves in a more drastic position than they were planning on today. So I still think it's way too early to think about those things. People have asked would I personally rather have seen Notre Dame beat USC? Well, you know I stand there watching the game and at the moment I'd say, "No question." You know you'd rather be number one in the country than number two, but I was not going to let it take away from us beating Colorado, because it's way too early. I think if we do our business, we'll be fine. But we've got No. 8 or No. 10 depending on whose eyes you are looking through this weekend in Austin. And the BCS is very unimportant, at least until after this game.

On polls: I think it's okay to come out now. I've always thought that polls should not come out until the middle of October. And it does have a lot of discussion right now, but it changes so much. I'm still not smart enough to understand it. I still can't figure out how they can say that last week were going to be No. 3 and this week we're a solid No. 2 and all we did was win big. You know if we were going to win big, we should still be No. 2. So I get confused. I'm not smart enough to handle all those computers.

On the team's focus: This team has been funny that their focus is has been winning the conference championship. And they feel like if they can do that, and they probably need to be undefeated to do that, but if they can do that and they're undefeated, they are still going to be in the right spot at the end of the year to be able to play in the last game. But their focus has been more on beating the team at hand and not worrying about things they can't control and controlling their own destiny and putting themselves in Houston with a chance to win. And that's the fun thing about this team. I like that for them and if you sit around and start talking about all the things you can't control, you'll probably get beat. Because we've got to play really well this weekend, probably need to play our best game this weekend to win. Because they are the best team we've played at what they do. You can say what you want, but they've improved on defense, but they do offensively what they do better than any one in the country and anyone we've played and they are really unique at it. So any thought that distracts from winning this weekend is one that could be awful for us.

On Tech's system: When you're raised in fundamental football and all the old guys told you "You better be able to run it and you better be able to stop the run." Now what happens in the Mike Leach system as you study it, and we've played them now five times, this will be our sixth game against their system, is that their draw package, their screen package to the running back has to be considered their running game. So many of their throws are behind the line of scrimmage. So what Mike has done is say that a four-yard pass is a four-yard run and that's how he's based his entire system. It's hard to just say this who I'm going to be and this is what I'm going to do and who would have thought you could have gone to one of the windiest places in the country and throw the ball all time and be successful with it, and he's done it, and he's been very aggressive with his system and I think that's helped him a lot with his success. You're seeing more people with a spread offense and that's what he's done and the other thing is that it allows his to take the tall throwing quarterback who doesn't make yards with his feet. They have no interest in running at Tech. You just don't see it that often. He tells the high school quarterback - we want you to stand back there thirty five yards from the line of scrimmage where you'll never get touched and throw for 800 yard a week, and it's working for him.

On Vince's reaction to winning against Colorado: We thought after Oklahoma that it might be hard to get him to settle back down because that was kind of a break out game since he wasn't as successful last year against them and we thought he had his best practice on Tuesday and I think we are seeing the work that he and Billy Pittman and Brian Carter and Limas Sweed and David Thomas did this summer, it's coming to fruition. After the game, I said, 'What did you feel out there today?' He said, 'Coach, I felt like it was what we were doing this summer it was just summer workout today. We had guys open and I was just going from one to the other.' Vince also gives you the ability to be more aggressive on offense because you know he knows where to go with the ball. For instance the first fourth and four at about our 38-yard-line is not a smart call for a coach in a field position game. But here he is, he looks to the slant on the left and it's not there and like last week at Oklahoma on third down and four, he steps up into the pocket and throws a 22 yard pass downfield on the other side of the field to Brian Carter and he still has the ability to run and make it on his feet. So now that he can beat you on one side of the field or going to the second or third receiver or with his feet, it just gives you so many options that its makes it where you'd rather not ever punt or kick field goals cause when you cross the fifty you'd like Vince to have the ball in his hands with people spread out.

TexasAggie2005
10-18-2005, 12:56 AM

ND was a 1 loss team too

ND was only a 1 loss team because they played real teams. Who has tceh played? Indiana State, a team that lost to an NAIA team? Maybe Florida International or Sam Houston State? ALL at home, too. Nebraska's the toughest team they've faced, and they're a joke. Tceh is extremely overrated and the sips are gonna kick the crap out of them. And as much as I'd love for A&M to beat Texas, that's a pipe dream with the way we're playing right now.

No way this game's anywhere near the game SC/ND was.

2centsworth
10-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Let's not forget Tech is 10-1 their last eleven games including a thrashing of number 4 California.

Tech is for real and let up on Nebraska or else that game would have been another blow-out.

Tech scares me because if their offense gets going they are hard to stop. They have beaten Texas 45% of the time the past 25 years.

Texas 54
Tech 45

TexasAggie2005
10-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Let's not forget Tech is 10-1 their last eleven games including a thrashing of number 4 California.

Tech is for real and let up on Nebraska or else that game would have been another blow-out.

Tech scares me because if their offense gets going they are hard to stop. They have beaten Texas 45% of the time the past 25 years.

Texas 54
Tech 45

The only time tceh had a dominant lead was about five minutes into the second quarter (21-0, it was 21-14 at halftime). If they're letting up that early, they've got bigger problems than playing Texas ahead of them. They had to score a touchdown with 12 seconds left to win it, I don't think they were "letting up" or had a chance to "blow-out" NU.

Texas 65
tceh 21

NoMoneyDown
10-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Three things tell me this game will be more of a blowout (in Texas' favor) than people think.

First, Tech lives and breathes the pass. Yes, they do run draws every now and then to keep the defense honest, but if they can't pass, they die. The thing about Tech up to this point is they haven't played a good defensive secondary or a good defensive line that can cause havoc for the QB. The nearest thing to a defense was Nebraska, and that isn't saying a whole lot. And Tech barely survived that game as the Nebraska player couldn't keep the fumble/interception in his hands the last minute of the game. Tech's offensive line will not be able to handle what is arguably one of the better defensive fronts in college football. Cody will be lucky he's even able to get on the field in the second half with all the pounding he'll be taking. And let's not forget about Texas' secondary. While Colorado's passing game isn't nearly as good, they were starting to hit a good stride in that area before coming to Austin last week. Texas' defensive secondary only gave up probably 2-3 pass plays of 15 yards or more - that's it. And Colorado was expected to pass with ease.

Second, Tech has had the luxary of not only playing cream puffs up to this point, but also playing ALL but ONE of their games at home. People will tell you that Lubbock is a hard place to win in, so it doesn't surprise me that Tech has pasted these Div 1-AA schools and Big X11 bottom-feeders on their own turf. However, you take them out of their stadium and they become a different animal. Again, I'll use Nebraska, only because that's been their only road game. Nebraska isn't a bad team, but they are definately not top-20 material. Tech had to not only rely on a luck with having a Nebraska player cough up the ball near the end of the game, but also of making a touchdown on 4th down with time running out.

Third, the Tech defense is average at best, but probably more like Missouri's - (and we all saw what Texas did to Mizzou). They won't be able to stop Vince's legs, they won't be able to stop Charles' legs, and if that wasn't enough, they won't be able to stop Vince's arm. I already called the game Texas 52, Tech 24, and I think that is being a little conservative in Texas' favor.

I'm not worried a bit, really. The line for this game opened at Texas -12 and quickly moved to -15.5/-16.

samikeyp
10-18-2005, 07:56 AM
I would agree....but I am usually paranoid before games anyway! :)

the two times Tech faced a good defense...KU and NU...they barely got 30....which is something for a team averaging over 50pts. Tech will get yards and points but not enough to win, IMO.

FromWayDowntown
10-18-2005, 07:59 AM
First, Tech lives and breathes the pass. Yes, they do run draws every now and then to keep the defense honest, but if they can't pass, they die. The thing about Tech up to this point is they haven't played a good defensive secondary or a good defensive line that can cause havoc for the QB. The nearest thing to a defense was Nebraska, and that isn't saying a whole lot. And Tech barely survived that game as the Nebraska player couldn't keep the fumble/interception in his hands the last minute of the game. Tech's offensive line will not be able to handle what is arguably one of the better defensive fronts in college football. Cody will be lucky he's even able to get on the field in the second half with all the pounding he'll be taking. And let's not forget about Texas' secondary. While Colorado's passing game isn't nearly as good, they were starting to hit a good stride in that area before coming to Austin last week. Texas' defensive secondary only gave up probably 2-3 pass plays of 15 yards or more - that's it. And Colorado was expected to pass with ease.

Against basically that same wonderful secondary and defensive front last year, Tech still threw for 400 yards. The difference between 2004 and 2003 or 2002 was Tech's inability to gain any yards on the ground and sustain drives to run the clock. (Tech won in 2002, and lost in the last minute in 2003.)

Tech will have passing yards -- I suspect that Tech will gain 300+ yards passing on Saturday. But if they can't run the ball, and if they can't control the clock, they'll get blown out.

If Tech keeps the ball for around 30 minutes, rushes for somewhere around 100 yards, and doesn't have excessive turnovers, they'll be in the neighborhood. If they do those things and force a couple of turnovers, it could be interesting.

I don't expect those things to happen, but if Tech is to have any chance to win that game, that's it.

Marcus Bryant
10-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Hook 'em!

2centsworth
10-18-2005, 10:46 AM
The only time tceh had a dominant lead was about five minutes into the second quarter (21-0, it was 21-14 at halftime). If they're letting up that early, they've got bigger problems than playing Texas ahead of them. They had to score a touchdown with 12 seconds left to win it, I don't think they were "letting up" or had a chance to "blow-out" NU.

Texas 65
tceh 21

I think in their minds they were up 90-0. 70-0 from last year and then 21 early this year.

Ballcox
10-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech historically has had a very difficult time winning in Austin, they tend to get their ass handed to them when they play at UT. Some of the takes I have on why UT will win this game by a wide margin:

* Tech has not played against against a top notch defense like UT's. When those Tech receivers run their little cross/drag routes over the middle, they're going to get hit HARD. It happened last year at Lubbock, and you could see the Tech WR's start to give up on routes. Added to that is the pressure the Tech QB will face, he won't have time to sit back and make reads, he'll be running for his life.

* Texas and their ability to adapt to different styles of play. UT will take what the opposing D is willing to give up. Saw this aginst Colorado where they were putting 7-8 in the box, Vince shreds them through the air. In reality I don't think the Tech defense can stop either the run or the pass, but I expect UT to keep the ball on the ground more than they did against Colorado in order to eat up clock and keep the Tech offense off the field.

* Vince Young, do you have to say more than that? Against Colorado, 25-29 for over 300 yds. passing, and he didn't even really have to run the ball that much. He'll be dynamic again this Saturday, and I don't think Tech has anyone on D that hope to contain him through the air or on the ground.

* J. Charles should be back and running this Saturday, along with S. Young and Melton helping out. I expect UT to dominate in terms of rushing production, which in turn eats up the clock and keeps the Tech offense on the sideline.

I do think Tech has a better team than last year and I think that after they lose against UT, they'll win the rest of their games and finish in the top 10. I just don't think they've got the horses to compete with UT for an entire game. Final score, UT-52
Tech- 24

Jdspur20
10-18-2005, 11:40 AM
all i have to say is, the Red Raiders are never out of any game.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 11:49 AM
ND was only a 1 loss team because they played real teams. Who has tceh played? Indiana State, a team that lost to an NAIA team? Maybe Florida International or Sam Houston State? ALL at home, too. Nebraska's the toughest team they've faced, and they're a joke. Tceh is extremely overrated and the sips are gonna kick the crap out of them. And as much as I'd love for A&M to beat Texas, that's a pipe dream with the way we're playing right now.

No way this game's anywhere near the game SC/ND was.

What a coincidence, texasaggie2005 sticking up for notre dame.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Vince Young has reached a new level of Confidence and Power.

If you take his performance the past few games...it's off the heezee for cheezee.

Granted we did play weak teams, but the whole "Ut was supposed to win so don't give them credit" argument is silly. Very few other teams in the league are ballsacking opponents like Ut has been.

After watching USC win by fumbling with 7 seconds to go, I feel very confident now. Very very confident.

almost

too confident.

Look for Melton to have about 120 yards and 2 TDs
Selvin will have a fumble
VY an INT
VYwill also have like 4 total TD's at LEAST, most of them on the ground again.

FromWayDowntown
10-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Every year, UT has better athletes than Tech can attract. Vince Young, Rodrique Wright, and guys like that don't even consider Tech when deciding where to play college ball. Tech is left with a bunch of guys from Floydada and Muleshoe and Snyder and Pampa plus a few guys who were secondary players at big schools in big cities.

Based on sheer talent, there's absolutely no reason why UT shouldn't beat Tech every year.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 02:20 PM
All i know is that come winter time, USC will be hanging up the santa klaus while waiting for UT to cover them with tinsley.

samikeyp
10-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Jamaal Tinsley? :lol

mookie2001
10-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Klaus is coming to town on christmas eve boys!
get the Tinsley ready!

batman2883
10-18-2005, 04:09 PM
UT by 20

hussker
10-18-2005, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Dio]I have to ask.
Seriously?, you thnk the bugeaters' front 4 is better than UT's?[/QUOTE

Yep...You guys have a much better linebacker corps and DB corps which makes life easier for your DLine. I really believe that. Our DBs are now, and always have been, vulnerable.

Teams that try to run vs us have no success. One that pass are successful, but if you throw 60 times, your are going to have a share of success, especially if our D is out there a lot due to offensive ineptitude (which is resolving).

We do not have the better D, but we do have the better D Line.

hussker
10-18-2005, 04:57 PM

Texas 54
Tech 45

Tech "let up" on Nebraska? Were you watching the same game as the rest of the nation?

samikeyp
10-18-2005, 05:02 PM
If not for a lineman's hands, Tech loses that game.

hussker
10-18-2005, 05:10 PM
If not for a lineman's hands, Tech loses that game.

True, but can't blame a kid for trying. Doesn't make him a bad lineman, but gives good reason why he is not in either backfield!

Kinda like hanging a slider, I guess...

samikeyp
10-18-2005, 05:28 PM
I agree.

mookie2001
10-18-2005, 06:22 PM
LONGHORNS COUNT ON DEFENSE
By JIMMY BURCH, Star-Telegram STAFF WRITER
October 18, 2005

AUSTIN - Texas Tech leads the nation in scoring (53.7 points per game) and is second in total offense (572.8 yards per game), but those numbers do not faze Texas defenders heading into Saturday's showdown of unbeaten, top 10 teams.

"They can get 700 yards," cornerback Aaron Ross said. "As long as they don't get in our end zone, we'll come out with the victory."

That's why the primary digit on the minds of the second-ranked Longhorns is zero: as in, no touchdowns allowed -- maybe even no points allowed -- against No. 10 Texas Tech when the teams meet Saturday in Austin.

Defensive end Brian Robison, who leads the Longhorns in tackles for losses (10), said players consider it a realistic possibility to shut out the nation's highest-scoring team.

"They may score. They may not," Robison said. "With an offense like Tech's, they're going to make some big plays.

"But it's possible [to shut them out]."

Defensive tackle Frank Okam said: "Our goal is to shut out everyone. Their style is unique, but we'll still go out there to dominate."

Considering the competition, is a shutout realistic?

"Sure," Okam said. "I wouldn't want to put a limit on what this defense can do."

Quiet about Charles

Citing federal privacy laws, Texas coach Mack Brown declined comment on the availability of leading rusher Jamaal Charles (sprained ankle), who logged only three carries in Saturday's 42-17 victory over Colorado. Brown expects an injury report Thursday.

Against Colorado, Selvin Young topped the tailback rushing list with 43 yards on 19 carries. Texas rushed for a season-low 145 yards.

BCS business

Texas coaches and players expressed satisfaction and relief at being No. 2 in Monday's initial BCS standings. Most declared it too early to dwell on the weekly BCS updates.

But offensive guard Kasey Studdard said he'll be checking the rearview mirror each Monday, to make sure Texas (BCS grade of .9591) is not in danger of being passed by No. 3 Virginia Tech (.9067).

"You worry about it, but you've still got to go out every week and play," Studdard said. "As long as we keep playing [dominant] football, we control our destiny."

Super scouts

Mack Brown said he will have some of his top receivers, including Limas Sweed (6-foot-5, 219 pounds), double as scout-teamers this week to simulate Tech's tall, fast receivers for the starting defense.

Brown said freshman Colt McCoy, who appears destined for a redshirt season, will play the role of Tech quarterback Cody Hodges.

"We need to give [defenders] a good picture of what they'll see because we can't afford a slow start," Brown said.

mookie2001
10-18-2005, 06:46 PM

youngs season comp %
after going 25-29 against Col

tlongII
10-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Texas Tech manages to upset UT this weekend?

mookie2001
10-18-2005, 06:55 PM
for tech fans
Texas is next to unbeatable at home

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/05/92/72/image_1872925.jpg

tlongII
10-18-2005, 06:57 PM
for tech fans

That's only because they don't have USC on their schedule.

mookie2001
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM
not so fast my friend!
http://www.geocities.com/nolefan_fsu/football/corso_lee.jpg

or Portland State

tlongII
10-18-2005, 07:05 PM
or Portland State

Hey! Don't be smackin my alma mater! PSU beat UC Davis who beat Stanford!

Mr Dio
10-18-2005, 09:02 PM
That's only because they don't have USC on their schedule.

What bowl was it last year that Tech butt phucked a team from Whoregon? :lol

samikeyp
10-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech is going to be tougher than people think but Texas still wins.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2005, 12:01 AM
To say that Tech has a chance at scorign more than 3 td's is a TERRIBLE LIE

Marcus Bryant
10-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Texas is playing Tech?

Time to go with the other alma mater this week...

http://www.texassports.com/image_lib/tower_400.jpg

http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/img/PROD_000510_8846-1.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/175/1702/640/Jenna%20hook%20'em.2.jpg

Fuck Yosemite Sam.

j-6
10-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech (VS3O-L), who's not top-10 caliber but definitely around the bottom fifth of the top 25, will give Texas the game they should have gotten out of Colorado. Besides, they'll throw the ball eighty fucking times and the game will last five hours.

Horns 37
Tech 28

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2005, 02:09 AM
not so fast my friend!
http://www.geocities.com/nolefan_fsu/football/corso_lee.jpg

or Portland State

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2005, 12:19 PM
stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oopes

tlongII
10-19-2005, 12:35 PM
What bowl was it last year that Tech butt phucked a team from Whoregon? :lol

Sorry dude, but you're talking about Cal. Oregon State crushed Notre Dame last year.

cecil collins
10-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Sorry dude, but you're talking about Cal. Oregon State crushed Notre Dame last year.

That's an achievement. I thinks it's funny that you hate Texas so much that you jump on every teams wagon. "Oklahoma will crush Texas, Ohio st will crush Texas", and now you are losing hope.

Wouldn't it be great if Texas Tech manages to upset UT this weekend?
You sound like a bullied kid looking for a big brother able to beat up the bully. Sure, there are teams in the country that could beat Texas, but I think Texas is capable of beating any of those teams.

tlongII
10-19-2005, 01:21 PM
That's an achievement. I thinks it's funny that you hate Texas so much that you jump on every teams wagon. "Oklahoma will crush Texas, Ohio st will crush Texas", and now you are losing hope.

You sound like a bullied kid looking for a big brother able to beat up the bully. Sure, there are teams in the country that could beat Texas, but I think Texas is capable of beating any of those teams.

I hate the entire Big-12, not just Texas. The Pac-10 is better and if you're lucky you will find out at the Rose Bowl.

Jdspur20
10-19-2005, 04:19 PM
for tech fans

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/05/92/72/image_1872925.jpg

listen, i'm a huge tech fan and personally there's no way i think Tech will win saturday. but to say UT is unbeatable at home is insane. obviously you weren't around 2 years ago when it was a nail biter 43-40 in austin.
as much as i know tech will not win on saturday, i always know that tech is never out of any game. there's always a chance.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2005, 04:38 PM
listen, i'm a huge tech fan and personally there's no way i think Tech will win saturday. but to say UT is unbeatable at home is insane. obviously you weren't around 2 years ago when it was a nail biter 43-40 in austin.
as much as i know tech will not win on saturday, i always know that tech is never out of any game. there's always a chance.

Actually jdspur, mookie and I were both at that game, it was the first Texas game we ever went to. His dad hooked us up with tickets.

You have to realize that Greg Davis called a quarterback option on 3rd and 23 with the game on the line.....................

mookie2001
10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
yeah sep 13 2003
"nearly"

when was the last time they lost at home before that?

mookie2001
10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
, Cold Pizza schedules set
Friday, Oct. 21
Cold Pizza
7-9 a.m. -- Broadcast live on ESPN2

College GameDay
4:15 p.m. -- Taped segment for ESPNNews
4:30 p.m. -- Taped segment for ESPN SportsCenter
Saturday, Oct. 22
College GameDay
8 a.m. -- Taped segment for ESPN SportsCenter

9:30 a.m. -- ESPN College GameDay on the air
Fans are encouraged to stay after the show wraps for the halftime and pregame segment taping.

6:30 p.m. -- ESPN College GameDay wrapup show

9:30-10 p.m. -- Taped segment for SportsCenter and College Scoreboard Show

Notes for ESPN GameDay and Cold Pizza
· There will be no special parking for the event. Parking for Saturday will be the same as a regular football game day.
· No alcohol, coolers, backpacks or chairs will be allowed into the stadium.
· No camping will be allowed on campus.
· Friday morning gates will open at 6 a.m. and close at 10 a.m. Friday night, gates will open at 3 p.m. and close at 5:30 p.m. Only gates 1 (northeast corner) and 3 (southwest corner) will be opened on Friday.
· Saturday morning gates will open at 7 a.m. and close at 12 p.m. Gates will reopen at 6 p.m. and close at 11 p.m. Only gates 1 (northeast corner), 2 (southeaast corner) and 3 (southwest corner) will be open on Saturday.
AUSTIN, Texas -- When it comes to college football, national television exposure is a valued commodity and Longhorn fans will once again be the beneficiary, as well as have the opportunity to take part in it, when ESPN's College GameDay hits Austin this week with host Chris Fowler and analysts Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit. It is the nationally-renowned show's third appearance in the Capital City.

In addition to College GameDay, ESPN2's national weekday morning show Cold Pizza will also be live in Austin for the first time. Co-host Jay Crawford will be joined by veteran sports columnists Woody Paige and Skip Bayless. For fans that have watched either show, you are encouraged to come early, be loud and wear burnt orange to any or all of the shows.

The set will be located inside of Mike A. Myers Track and Soccer Stadium, which is across Robert Dedman Drive from Royal-Memorial Stadium, with a full slate of programming on Friday and Saturday. The broadcasts begin with Cold Pizza from 7-9 a.m. on Friday. GameDay will then tape segments for ESPNNews and SportsCenter starting at 4:15 p.m. on Friday.

The schedule for Saturday begins at 8 a.m. with the taping of segments for ESPN SportsCenter. ESPN College GameDay will kickoff at 9:30 a.m. Fans are encouraged to stay after the GameDay show wraps for the taping of halftime and pregame segments.

The ESPN College GameDay wrapup show will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday and the final segments will be taped for SportsCenter and the College Scoreboard Show from 9:30-10 p.m. Again, fans are encouraged to attend those segments as well.

The last time the show was broadcast from Austin, it attracted thousands of Longhorn faithful to Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium prior to the Texas-Kansas State game in 2003. No. 13 Texas defeated No. 16 Kansas State, 24-20, that day. On GameDay's previous trip to Austin, No. 18 Texas upset No. 3 Nebraska, also by the score of 24-20, and went on to claim the Big 12 South Division Championship.

In addition to the television programming, College GameDay Radio will also visit Austin this weekend. Radio will broadcast from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. from the parking lot of the north end of Royal-Memorial Stadium.

For more information regarding the show, contact Michael Humes at 860-766-2233

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Come up to Austin.

mookie2001
10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
no way jose

mookie2001
10-19-2005, 06:15 PM
oh actually jd was talking about another game
I thought he talking about the Ark game

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2005, 07:52 PM
which game was he talking about then, i thought that was texas first home loss in like 4 years

mookie2001
10-19-2005, 08:33 PM
that same year
mock threw a last second TD for the win

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2005, 08:35 PM
dear lord chance mock sucked ass

and you said he was gonna be 'bad'

mookie2001
10-19-2005, 08:37 PM
he had a career td to int ration of 17-2

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2005, 09:24 PM
He still sucked nuts

that ratio means nothing when he throws both of those INT's against OU and fails to get a drive going in an important game.

mookie2001
10-20-2005, 12:58 PM
well I wont say he's Young or even Simms

but that ratio you cant front on

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2005, 01:08 PM
He only started like 7 games though

My vbookie went up in the past 24 hours. Has yours?

mookie2001
10-20-2005, 01:09 PM
nope
I'm laying low

waiting for the time to strike

mookie2001
10-21-2005, 10:01 AM
have you noticed mack brown has been on espn more this week than the last 3 years combined

i guess when gameday comes to austin, youve got a heisman canidate and the number 2 team, people just love to whine and whine

Cant_Be_Faded
10-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah I saw him last night on espn

All he does is talk about how he's let Vince Young be himself, and how Vince Young is more laid back now.

cecil collins
10-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I hate the entire Big-12, not just Texas. The Pac-10 is better and if you're lucky you will find out at the Rose Bowl.
The Pac-10 has USC, other than that, nothing that could scare Texas. WSU did take care of Texas a few years ago, but that was a different team. I don't think UCLA or Cal are on the same level as Texas this year.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Not so fast, my friend!

Texas is going to be scoring blogloads of touchdowns, while the santa klaus will have to be taken down early for Tech.

Oh, boys!

Mr Dio
10-22-2005, 01:14 PM

Well, you have good reason after what Texas Tech did to a vastly OVERRATED Pac-10 team last yr? :lol

The Big-12 is going thru what is known as a Pac-10-type of year. Take away the best team in the conference & there isn't much left.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-22-2005, 01:16 PM
ThisPego makes Marcus Bryant look like Mr. Dio

Kdfelicity
10-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey Mookie, did you check my title out?

Kori's a genius, except when it comes to my boy, Sean E. :p

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Game time :)

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Damn, that over-throw messed it up. David Thomas was wide open and probably could of scored.

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Hmmm...looks like we have a game.

Come on Texas, don't lose to the Yosemite Sams.

Ginofan
Tech scores! BTW what's up with Texas' uniforms? I noticed it the last 2 weeks, their burnt orange looks more like Tennessee orange now? :wtf

Horry For 3!
Tech got lucky when they gambled which lead to a TD.

mookie2001
10-22-2005, 03:05 PM
nice TD for the Raiders

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Vince Young is playing fucked up right now.

Ginofan
10-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Dude, that guy like body slammed him! That's legal?

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Good Punt Return by Crosby, that dude is hella fast

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:14 PM
WTF is up with Vince, he is playing real shitty

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:16 PM
TD Melton

10 - 7 UT

mookie2001
10-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Cosby came with speed
Melton with the power

mookie2001
10-22-2005, 03:20 PM
larry dibbles is the shit

he wears the smallest and most shrinkwrapped jersey

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Thats a fucked up call, his knee was down way before the 1st down line

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Texas better fuckin step their game up, especially Vince

10-10

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Texas better fuckin step their game up, especially Vince

10-10

Yep: VY better push it up quick, especially at home and on Natl Stage. This game will be won in the 3rd Qtr.

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Selvin Young is running really good today, that is always good to see

The Offense is starting to click now with the hurry up offense, starting to get things going.

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I agree. I think the Horns' D is too good and will wear down the TTU O. Just a matter of time before VY shines

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:43 PM
BUT: Thanks to my Porous men of "creamed" corn, Brad Smith will be the BIG XII player of the week.

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Selvin Young TD!

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Selvin for the score!

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Stupid penalty.

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:45 PM
17 - 10 UT

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:50 PM
WELL: Bush just won the Heisman...

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Texas needs to force a turnover

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Almost got one there

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Texas getting ready to bust it open

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Like I said

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:57 PM
That'll work, blocked punt

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:58 PM
wooooooooooo TD Vince to Pittman

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Like I said...TTU is already predictable enough. Now they are even more predictable

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 03:59 PM
24 - 10 UT

hussker
10-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey, Pittman dropped one in the College GameDay program at Austin today!

hussker
10-22-2005, 04:01 PM
That Filani is awesome

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 04:01 PM
That was a messed up throw :lol

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Fuck yes! INT

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 04:10 PM
What A Catch By Pittman

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Damnnnn, Selvin came to play today, this is the best I have seen him play in like 2 years

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 04:24 PM
31 - 10 UT at Half

2centsworth
10-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Damnnnn, Selvin came to play today, this is the best I have seen him play in like 2 years
Best I've seen him ever.

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Best I've seen him ever.
I guess he really wants his starting spot back.

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 04:47 PM
TD Vince to Pittman 75 yards :lmao

hussker
10-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Man, you get Rose Tattoos, you better go Bowling for the NC this year!

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 05:28 PM
45 - 17 UT at the end of the 3rd

hussker
10-22-2005, 05:34 PM
CBS was just dogging on VY for still being in the game...SEC Wagoners.... Was geting ready for a nap by watching the yawn...3-3 game in yawn...Tuscaloosa

hussker
10-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Looks like Cody Hodges is taking home a jersey full of the eventual National Champions' turf...

Horry For 3!
10-22-2005, 06:08 PM
52 - 17 UT kicks Tech's ass :smokin

hussker
10-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Just a matter of time...I cannot wait to see the Horns in Kyle this year! That will be a fun game indeed.

Jdspur20
10-22-2005, 06:15 PM
good game UT, just wished my raiders could have scored a few more. nonetheless, texas played great today, good D, and vince threw the ball well.

samikeyp
10-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Man, you get Rose Tattoos, you better go Bowling for the NC this year!

I thought they same thing but they asked him about it and he was saying they were for his mom, grandma and sister.

hussker
10-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I thought they same thing but they asked him about it and he was saying they were for his mom, grandma and sister.
I thought the same thing, but nice cover...huh? I hope they represent and bring the Trophy to the BIG XII!!!!!!!!! Let's face it, they are our only hope in this conference!

samikeyp
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
well that is what he said but either way...its a good story.

Dude...what happened to Big Red today? I liked their chances against Mizzou.

hussker
10-22-2005, 09:07 PM
well that is what he said but either way...its a good story.

Dude...what happened to Big Red today? I liked their chances against Mizzou.

Started out slow...seems like we always do to scheme...
Came back vehemently
Tied at Half after down by 21-3 in the 1st qtr
Driving in the 3rd
Nunn converts on 4th and 2, but FUMBLES inside the 10
Misery goes on a 97 yd drive
That sealed it...14 pt swing and a tired D
Our left side of the OL sucked huge
Zac Taylor was plowed more than Hodges today
We will still get a bowl, but likely out of the XII North hunt
GO BIG RED!!!!!

hussker
10-22-2005, 09:18 PM
OH...Negative two rushing for the game hurts too...Don't think that has happened in the Husker Nation before

2centsworth
10-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Just a matter of time...I cannot wait to see the Horns in Kyle this year! That will be a fun game indeed.
if you think a trashing is thrilling.

hussker
10-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Could be a trashing, but never underestimate a rivalry. Don't start talking too big yet. Reggie can work some magic and, Kyle is an uninviting place for a visitor

samikeyp
10-23-2005, 10:56 AM
I agree NU is still going to a bowl but I thought that defense would pop Brad Smith.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Texas is achieving new levels of both confidence and power.

I think it's safe to say Texas Tech got impaled.

NoMoneyDown
10-24-2005, 07:05 AM
I'm with Batman. Before the game with Colorado, I thought the Buffs would be Texas' biggest nemisis the rest of the year - and I STILL think so. Tech has an improved defense, but it still sucks. The Nebraska and Kansas games showed me just how vulnerable their offense is to an average defense (let alone a good defensive secondary like Texas has). Young will have a field day both running and passing, and if Charles gets the nod, even more damage for the Red Raiders.

Texas 52
Tech 24

CHA-CHING!

samikeyp
10-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Good call.

2centsworth
10-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Could be a trashing, but never underestimate a rivalry. Don't start talking too big yet. Reggie can work some magic and, Kyle is an uninviting place for a visitorMaybe for Cornhusker because you guys have fallen so low you have a warped perception of A&M. No matter how much you want to stick it in UT's face it aint gonna happen this year. And I'll talk all the trash I want thank you.