PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k18 Spurs

jermaine
09-15-2017, 11:10 AM
So anyone have the player ratings for the Spurs... I dont care about any other team...

phxspurfan
09-16-2017, 02:31 AM
https://blogs-images.forbes.com/brianmazique/files/2017/08/DHDREUCUMAALRhb-1200x675.jpg

hooperflash
09-16-2017, 02:41 AM
Well this isn't news for us Spurs fans

“I’m not a big gamer, I do play but I’m not a guy who worries about the rating. As long as they put me in the game — I know that they put me in better than I am in real life. So if they can put me in the game where I can shoot it pretty well, and play defense then I am happy. It’s always fun and interesting to watch.” - Danny Green

https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-danny-green-not-worried-nba-2k18-player-rating/

TimDunkem
09-16-2017, 02:44 AM
Even Danny knows he's shit. Well, at least he isn't delusional. :lol

Poolboy5623
09-16-2017, 07:25 AM
The current Spurs are a hot mess ratings wise. But I'm having fun playing with the alltime team...

look_at_g_shred
09-16-2017, 09:01 AM
Ahem...Porker

benfti
09-16-2017, 11:32 AM
Patty when duo'd with Kawhi has a better 3 ball than Curry...

TheGreatYacht
09-16-2017, 01:22 PM
If only Manure knew he was shit instead of taking the ball away from Kawhi

jermaine
09-16-2017, 10:33 PM
My 2k18 lineup as of right now.
PG. GAY
Sg Green
SF Kawhi
Pf LMA
C Gasul.... I'm 4-0 so far. Haven't played GS yet. But I have played Wiz, Cavs, Boston, and the Cavs again. I bullied Isaiah Thomas.

DJR210
09-17-2017, 08:55 AM
:lol at Pop's hair color.. How did that slip by..

Leetonidas
09-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Hornets offered me Kemba and Williams for LMA and Murray...I countered with adding TP and switching Williams for Howard and they accepted :lol I'm running a Kemba/Green/Leonard/Gay/Howard staring lineup. Working pretty well thus far tbh

TimDunkem
09-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Those trade scenarios are as unrealistic as ever, I see. :lol

Keep ignoring how broken the trade logic is, 2k. :lol

Arcadian
09-17-2017, 02:17 PM
2005 Spurs and All-time Spurs are also in the game.

For 05, the devs only included Barry and Udrih as bench players (with Horry a starter), so I created Nazr Mohammed (made him a starter), Rasho Nesterovic, and Devin Brown and uploaded the roster if anyone wants it. I also created Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince since they were missing from the 04 Pistons. The roster is called "05 Spurs/04 Pistons/00 Blazers." This is on the PS4 version (not sure if rosters are cross-platform).

jermaine
09-17-2017, 07:29 PM
I am 15-1 playing online! Anyone ever wanna see my Spurs, JermaineWebb is my gt on ps4!!!

tbdog
09-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Hornets offered me Kemba and Williams for LMA and Murray...I countered with adding TP and switching Williams for Howard and they accepted :lol I'm running a Kemba/Green/Leonard/Gay/Howard staring lineup. Working pretty well thus far tbh

And there goes the future in cap space.

DAF86
09-17-2017, 08:49 PM
2005 Spurs and All-time Spurs are also in the game.

For 05, the devs only included Barry and Horry as bench players, so I created Nazr Mohammed, Rasho Nesterovic, and Devin Brown and uploaded the roster if anyone wants it. I also created Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince since they were missing from the 04 Pistons. The roster is called "05 Spurs/04 Pistons/00 Blazers." This is on the PS4 version (not sure if rosters are cross-platform).

Which is Manu's rating in the '05 team?

apalisoc_9
09-17-2017, 09:07 PM

Arcadian
09-17-2017, 10:02 PM

In '05 he's an 87, but on the all-time team he's a 93. Apparently the devs don't know that '05 Manu was peak Manu.

DAF86
09-17-2017, 10:42 PM

lol son

DAF86
09-17-2017, 10:43 PM
In '05 he's an 87, but on the all-time team he's a 93. Apparently the devs don't know that '05 Manu was peak Manu.

Dumbasses probably looked at the stats from '08 and figured that was Manu's best version.

TimDunkem
09-17-2017, 10:47 PM
Dumbasses probably looked at the stats from '08 and figured that was Manu's best version.
That's 2k for you. The ratings are the most obvious signal that most of those guys really don't watch the games.

apalisoc_9
09-17-2017, 11:07 PM
lol son

:lol

jermaine
09-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Brandon Paul isn't on 2k18. Or that fake redhead looking guy Matt

Wildcat67
09-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Anyone know why Kawhi's jumpshot isn't available in the myplayer mode? He has a pretty jumper and would love to use it but it's not an option.

hooperflash
09-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Anyone know why Kawhi's jumpshot isn't available in the myplayer mode? He has a pretty jumper and would love to use it but it's not an option.
Because his jumpshot is overpowered, tbh.

philldafunk
07-31-2018, 06:26 PM
Anybody play online now? I can't do anything with Murray, he's useless. I start Mills and have TP coming off the bench.

hooperflash
07-31-2018, 06:47 PM
I don’t play online, but I do work with him in MyLeague

phxspurfan
07-31-2018, 07:16 PM
https://s15.postimg.cc/uje6me37f/fgt.jpg

FIFY

james evans
07-31-2018, 08:06 PM
I used to use Boban like Shaq. I would even start him and bring Duncan off the bench with Leonard lol. I miss a lot of players. Strangely, it’s been hard to shoot with Danny green the past 2 years on the game.

philldafunk
08-01-2018, 07:42 AM
I used to use Boban like Shaq. I would even start him and bring Duncan off the bench with Leonard lol. I miss a lot of players. Strangely, it’s been hard to shoot with Danny green the past 2 years on the game.

I've noticed that with Green you cant make catch and shoot 3's, you have to wait a second or two before shooting.

james evans
08-01-2018, 07:56 AM
I've noticed that with Green you cant make catch and shoot 3's, you have to wait a second or two before shooting.
And he, along with Gasol, can’t hit a contested layup for shit.

jermaine
08-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Anybody play online now? I can't do anything with Murray, he's useless. I start Mills and have TP coming off the bench.

I just started back playing 2k18 an I don't even use Kawhi, Parker, or Anderson. Murray is kinda fun to play with. His speed is big biggest strength.(John Wall) My starting 5 is Murray Ginobil Gay Bertans LMA. My bench is Mills Forbes Green Joff An Pau. I've won 80% of my games with the Spurs. An I also play with Toronto to get a feel for Demar an Poetel. I always put up 40 or 50 with Demar without shooting more than 1 3ptr. If anyone wanna text me SlickWilliejw is my GT on ps4. Idc what 2018 team you use either.

philldafunk
08-01-2018, 09:57 AM
And he, along with Gasol, can’t hit a contested layup for shit.

I've missed open layups with Murray?!?!? Gasol is good for me on bank shots and 3 pointers, people play off of Gasol and leave him open for 3's way too much.

jermaine
08-01-2018, 12:13 PM
I've missed open layups with Murray?!?!? Gasol is good for me on bank shots and 3 pointers, people play off of Gasol and leave him open for 3's way too much.

It's funny how he gets over looked. But King Joffery is a beast of the boards. I thought I was doing something wrong on Murrays layups. An that dumbass floater.

jermaine
08-01-2018, 12:15 PM
If you play a smart game, the Spurs has no one who can hit the mid range shot besides LMA... I don't use Kawhi so he doesn't count. I like to use Forbes alot.

heyheymymy
08-01-2018, 12:58 PM
So you guys haven't downloaded the new updated rosters? I've already got Demar on the Spurs LeBrons in LA I've even got Lonnie Walker.

Just in the couple of weeks up and playing with this roster I got to tell you guys this is going to be an underrated Spurs team going into this season. I haven't messed with any of the rankings. The offensive Onslaught is incredible. Sometimes you don't even have to play defense you just outscore them.

Potel is a defensive monster. He's ripping boards, swatting shots, and taking up a lot of space in the paint. Seems like a slightly better Aron Baynes.

Demar is absolutely Unstoppable on the offensive end. Well other than the 3 point shot which definitely need some work. But if you surround him with three point shooters, then you can use DeRozan to attack the rim, collapse the defense, and then kick out to anyone of Belinelli, Ginobili, bertans, and even Gasol.

Lonnie Walker has been a lot of fun to play with as well seems like he can really create his own offense and attacks pretty well for a rookie.

Murray is definitely useful, just don't shoot with him. It's all rebounds, steals, and layups. Murray has another advantage in his speed. Lot of fast-break opportunities.

I start Murray, DeRozan, gay, Aldridge, Gasol. I bring Mills Manu Belinelli bertans and Poetl Off the Bench. After the starters and the bench have had some run, I start doing custom rotations Packaging 1 Starter with some pinch filler. Aldridge will get a little time where he's the only star on the court put up some numbers then when he gets tired gay comes out he'll get a little bit of time where he's the only star on the floor. And it's like that with the top four players. And them in the fourth quarter comes you time everybody stamina to be able to close the game out with the all the starters again.

Like I said I've been winning some games I've been pleasantly surprised with how cohesive this team is. Dante Cunningham has been quite the diamond in the rough for me and that's another surprise. He can play the 3 or the 4 so he really is that fifth big. He's also got three point range that you wouldn't expect especially in the corner.

I'm getting kind of excited about this season. If we get a little bit of development from some of the new guys, and the Stars show up, you could win 50 games, and maybe make it to the second round.

phxspurfan
08-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Murray is definitely useful, just don't shoot with him.

But but he posted some mixtapes of him making jumpers on Insta! He's going to be like Mark Price out there! :drunk:

I'm getting kind of excited about this season.

Me too. I may even go to opening night. Love how we got rid of Kawhi.

phxspurfan
08-01-2018, 05:20 PM
If you play a smart game, the Spurs has no one who can hit the mid range shot besides LMA... I don't use Kawhi so he doesn't count. I like to use Forbes alot.

A guy like Forbes (high 3PT%) is perfect to use in a video game. I used to use a bunch of guys like that, from Billups all the way back to Dale Ellis in the 90s NBA games. Too bad in RL they suck

james evans
08-01-2018, 05:34 PM
So you guys haven't downloaded the new updated rosters? I've already got Demar on the Spurs LeBrons in LA I've even got Lonnie Walker.

Just in the couple of weeks up and playing with this roster I got to tell you guys this is going to be an underrated Spurs team going into this season. I haven't messed with any of the rankings. The offensive Onslaught is incredible. Sometimes you don't even have to play defense you just outscore them.

Potel is a defensive monster. He's ripping boards, swatting shots, and taking up a lot of space in the paint. Seems like a slightly better Aron Baynes.

Demar is absolutely Unstoppable on the offensive end. Well other than the 3 point shot which definitely need some work. But if you surround him with three point shooters, then you can use DeRozan to attack the rim, collapse the defense, and then kick out to anyone of Belinelli, Ginobili, bertans, and even Gasol.

Lonnie Walker has been a lot of fun to play with as well seems like he can really create his own offense and attacks pretty well for a rookie.

Murray is definitely useful, just don't shoot with him. It's all rebounds, steals, and layups. Murray has another advantage in his speed. Lot of fast-break opportunities.

I start Murray, DeRozan, gay, Aldridge, Gasol. I bring Mills Manu Belinelli bertans and Poetl Off the Bench. After the starters and the bench have had some run, I start doing custom rotations Packaging 1 Starter with some pinch filler. Aldridge will get a little time where he's the only star on the court put up some numbers then when he gets tired gay comes out he'll get a little bit of time where he's the only star on the floor. And it's like that with the top four players. And them in the fourth quarter comes you time everybody stamina to be able to close the game out with the all the starters again.

Like I said I've been winning some games I've been pleasantly surprised with how cohesive this team is. Dante Cunningham has been quite the diamond in the rough for me and that's another surprise. He can play the 3 or the 4 so he really is that fifth big. He's also got three point range that you wouldn't expect especially in the corner.

I'm getting kind of excited about this season. If we get a little bit of development from some of the new guys, and the Stars show up, you could win 50 games, and maybe make it to the second round.
The only bad thing is that when they release the new game , it’s not gonna be that easy. They’re not gonna make DeRozan as good as he was in Toronto on our team.

jmard5
08-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Just recently got the (PS4) game. Where do you download the updated roster? I do not want to use Kawhi anymore.

TheRemix
08-01-2018, 07:24 PM
I've been winning the Goat League again and again with this lineup. Kyle-green-kawhi-gay-lma. That lineup kills GS if you're playing a smart game. I put Green on curry (extend pressure) gay on klay. Kawhi on durant. Kyle on dray. Lma on the center. Sag off dray at all times. That lineup is just a defensive nightmare for the dubs. I can't wait to play with the new roster on 2k19. Its gonna be fun playing with a new squad

heyheymymy
08-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Just recently got the (PS4) game. Where do you download the updated roster? I do not want to use Kawhi anymore.

Main menu > options > create roster > offical 2k roster

Arcadian
08-04-2018, 11:51 PM
It's much easier to get perfect shot release timing with Derozan than with Leonard :tu

jermaine
08-05-2018, 04:25 AM
I've been winning the Goat League again and again with this lineup. Kyle-green-kawhi-gay-lma. That lineup kills GS if you're playing a smart game. I put Green on curry (extend pressure) gay on klay. Kawhi on durant. Kyle on dray. Lma on the center. Sag off dray at all times. That lineup is just a defensive nightmare for the dubs. I can't wait to play with the new roster on 2k19. Its gonna be fun playing with a new squad

I've used this lineup myself an postup small pgs with Anderson an it kills people. The key to winning in 2k18 is Great onball defense an knowing when to use your help defense. Knowing who to help off of. I pray they don't have Draymond Greens 3pt high next yr cuz he sucks. Anyone I know most people hate to use on any team, I put Gap defense on an offball defense. That way the lane is packed an when they get the blow by animation, I can click offball to bring help myself. Dudes hate to play onball defense in 2k. If you play smart(not reaching every 3secs) an not jumping for every pump fake an kust contest shots, you'll be good. PUT GAP ON ALL NUN 3PT SHOOTERS, it'll change everything.

TimmyBuckets
08-28-2018, 02:33 PM
2K19 in 2 weeks. Excited to use this new lineup. Probably gonna start:
Mills, White, Derozan, Bertans, LMA

KDKSpurs24
08-28-2018, 02:41 PM
2K19 in 2 weeks. Excited to use this new lineup. Probably gonna start:
Mills, White, Derozan, Bertans, LMA
You should start Murray. Mills will get destroyed. Murray will have the speed and defense that’s needed to succeed in 2k. Mills probably won’t even be in my rotation.

hooperflash
09-03-2018, 03:12 AM
My lineup will be Dejounte, Lonnie, Demar, Gay, LMA/Poeltl (depending on matchup)

sananspursfan21
09-03-2018, 08:53 AM
I mostly play GM Mode and I never use San Antonio. Gotta be unbiased when you’re wheelin and dealin your players. That being said, online or head to head against friends I use the Spurs and even at his age, Manu is always my top scorer. Drain 3s until the D plays up and then you just driiiiive.... don’t know what I’m gonna do for 2k19 :(

barakz21
09-03-2018, 01:28 PM
I gave up everyone save Manu and DJ. However, DJ was traded by the dumbass owner’s son without my say. I did get 2 top 5 picks, signed PG, and resigned Favors. Right now, I still got both dudes(one is consistent all star, the other hasn’t been one but is at the very least solid. Got rid of PG for Portis+Bazemore+future 1st, and signed Tatum. Currently working on my 3rd or 4th consecutive title

J_Paco
09-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Spurs overall ratings minus Walker and Metu:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnRlD-AnPs8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1uvykx7avnw3z

DeRozan - 89
Aldridge - 88
Gasol - 79
Belinelli - 78
Gay - 78
Murray - 78
Mills - 76
Bertans - 75
Poetl - 75
Forbes - 73
Cunningham - 72
Pondexter - 72
White - 70

DAF86
09-04-2018, 12:18 AM
Spurs overall ratings minus Walker and Metu:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnRlD-AnPs8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1uvykx7avnw3z

DeRozan - 89
Aldridge - 88
Gasol - 79
Belinelli - 78
Gay - 78
Murray - 78
Mills - 76
Bertans - 75
Poetl - 75
Forbes - 73
Cunningham - 72
Pondexter - 72
White - 70

lol White about to get that mid season boost patch.

TD 21
09-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Gasol and White should be higher and DeRozan and Belinelli should be lower.

I know White's unproven, but unlike Belinelli, he has a well rounded skillset.

DeRozan is one dimensional, which means they probably overrated him in a bunch of categories to have his overall rating commensurate with his stature to casuals . . . and vice versa with Gasol.

james evans
09-04-2018, 06:55 PM
playing 2k18 with the updated rosters, Poetl is fucking trash. He can't hit shit unless he's wide open standing under the rim.

jermaine
09-04-2018, 07:32 PM
I'm a beast in 2k, but this yr I'm switching back to Nbalive19. I'm just tired of 2k, it's favoritism to certain teams, an bullshit defense. I'll play 2k towards the end season.

hooperflash
09-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Just got word that new Spurs jerseys have been added to NBA2K19. The 1982 road jerseys that have "San Antonio" wordmark will be in the game. So dope :flag:

widowmaker
09-07-2018, 03:35 PM
So im playin 2k19 right now online. You have to play your way up the tiers to unlock all the classic teams and goat teams. I kinda like it.

jermaine
09-07-2018, 03:51 PM
So im playin 2k19 right now online. You have to play your way up the tiers to unlock all the classic teams and goat teams. I kinda like it.

It was that way last yr! But I know the Slurs aren't bad on nbalive19...

phxspurfan
09-07-2018, 04:21 PM
playing 2k18 with the updated rosters, Poetl is fucking trash. He can't hit shit unless he's wide open standing under the rim.

Uh, he is trash. He was a throw-in in the deal bc we got DeRozan. Toronto valued DeRozan basically almost on Kawhi's level.

widowmaker
09-08-2018, 02:58 AM
No what im saying is that you have to play as other teams to unlock the rest of the teams available.

jermaine
09-08-2018, 09:36 AM
The more I play nbalive19, the more I realize it's a true SIM game an 2k is arcade.

jermaine
09-08-2018, 10:38 AM
The more I play nbalive19, the more I realize it's a true SIM game an 2k is arcade.

Maaaaaaaan fuck that. I spoke to soon. Dude play me with the Lakers an LeBron hit 18 for 28 in 3pt. Hell naw.

james evans
09-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Maaaaaaaan fuck that. I spoke to soon. Dude play me with the Lakers an LeBron hit 18 for 28 in 3pt. Hell naw.
every year they make Lebron better and better. This is bullshit. That dude's rating should be like 115 out of 100. You're playing people with Lebron and he's shooting 3's like Curry, defense like Kawhi, faster than westbrook, and post game like Shaq. You can't stop him even by doubling him because then they just call foul.

james evans
09-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Of every 2k game I've played since 2k7, this is by far the absolute worst Spurs team I've ever encountered on 2k19. It's disgusting. The bench is HORRIBLE. I had to move Rudy Gay to the bench just to have some sort of scoring.

jermaine
09-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Of every 2k game I've played since 2k7, this is by far the absolute worst Spurs team I've ever encountered on 2k19. It's disgusting. The bench is HORRIBLE. I had to move Rudy Gay to the bench just to have some sort of scoring.

If this is true, it sounds like 2k got it right. Lol I was tryna play Nbalive19 like it's 2k.... 1st mistake. It's so much better than I thought. The only thing I HATE about Live19 is they don't have a place to see your wins in H2H online matches. 2k puts you in a certain class.

iGetbuckets
09-11-2018, 01:51 PM

whats their overall team ranking?

james evans
09-11-2018, 06:54 PM
whats their overall team ranking?
Ranking is 93, but damn man, our bench is horrbile. We have no defenders, no scoring off the bench, and Poeltl is the worst player on a Spurs 2k roster since Ayres. Surprisingly, Gasol is a beast in the paint. Cunningham is slow, can't hit an open jumper, no handles, no defense. Forbes can hit open 3s but he has to be WIDE OPEN without a defender near him. We don't have a single ball handler on the bench. Once Murray goes to the bench, all anyone has to do is just full court press and the ball is turned over from Forbes or Mills. I have no idea how they have a 93 rating. But if you play against the Lakers, Lebron has handles, a 3 point shot, defense, and everthing else you can think of.

Beartrucci
09-11-2018, 09:41 PM
Damn was about to dl 2k19 on Switch when I realized I need an external micro SD. Shit :lol. May end up playing on my OG Xbox One after all.

iGetbuckets
09-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Ranking is 93, but damn man, our bench is horrbile. We have no defenders, no scoring off the bench, and Poeltl is the worst player on a Spurs 2k roster since Ayres. Surprisingly, Gasol is a beast in the paint. Cunningham is slow, can't hit an open jumper, no handles, no defense. Forbes can hit open 3s but he has to be WIDE OPEN without a defender near him. We don't have a single ball handler on the bench. Once Murray goes to the bench, all anyone has to do is just full court press and the ball is turned over from Forbes or Mills. I have no idea how they have a 93 rating. But if you play against the Lakers, Lebron has handles, a 3 point shot, defense, and everthing else you can think of.

i noticed. Once my bench came in i started to get killed .

jermaine
09-12-2018, 09:22 AM
i noticed. Once my bench came in i started to get killed .

Is 2k19 worth buying? I've been playing nbalive19 an I love it. But I'm afraid if I play 2k, I'll like it better. An for all yal complaining about the bench, not being funny but that's why you have to coach your team. Use timeouts, run plays, an DO NOT start LMA an Pau together. Let Bertans start next to Lmao Gay. Use a timeout once every qtr, or use 2.

J_Paco
09-12-2018, 09:42 AM
They sandbagged White's ratings (pretty sure he went down from 2K18 to 2K19), haven't added Metu (not sure he could help win games), have the three best offensive players starting (Aldridge, DeRozan & Gay) and the bench depth isn't strong to begin with (for a video game).

Also, the bench doesn't have a good iso/one - on - one scorer so you have to play to the guys' strengths. Use Poetl as roll man, run Belinelli/Mills off screens, pick - and - pop with Bertans, run cutting/moving action with Walker and some PNR action with White (he needs a ratings boost or to start killing in October).

I still can't get over Pondexter and Cunningham - two journeymen (one who is washed up) - are "ranked" ahead of him. SMDH

jermaine
09-12-2018, 09:58 AM
They sandbagged White's ratings (pretty sure he went down from 2K18 to 2K19), haven't added Metu (not sure he could help win games), have the three best offensive players starting (Aldridge, DeRozan & Gay) and the bench depth isn't strong to begin with (for a video game).

Also, the bench doesn't have a good iso/one - on - one scorer so you have to play to the guys' strengths. Use Poetl as roll man, run Belinelli/Mills off screens, pick - and - pop with Bertans, run cutting/moving action with Walker and some PNR action with White (he needs a ratings boost or to start killing in October).

I still can't get over Pondexter and Cunningham - two journeymen (one who is washed up) - are "ranked" ahead of him. SMDH

You sound like you have it down packed. Walker in the Ginobili role.... The only thing I just hate about nbalive19 is that they don't show you you're online record. I liked seeing I've won 82% of my games or stuff like that.

J_Paco
09-12-2018, 10:21 AM
You sound like you have it down packed. Walker in the Ginobili role.... The only thing I just hate about nbalive19 is that they don't show you you're online record. I liked seeing I've won 82% of my games or stuff like that.

Nah, just thinking of what the players are good at IRL. White will probably play the "Ginobili role" in reality but he's weak sauce (IMO) in the game without some fine tuning (or actual NBA game time to "prove" his worth).

Walker is the sexier option with better ratings, athleticism and being slightly taller.

SpursforSix
09-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Damn was about to dl 2k19 on Switch when I realized I need an external micro SD. Shit :lol. May end up playing on my OG Xbox One after all.

yeah...when I bought the Switch, I didn't even look at the storage. For a system set up to download games, 32 GB does not get you very far.

Cry Havoc
09-12-2018, 02:16 PM

fuckin lol

Cry Havoc
09-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Players who are assigned to guard an offensive player who hasn't crossed half court will just stand in limbo without picking up another player. Too many times this leads to backdoor cuts or wide-open three-point shots. In this instance, the free defensive player would pick up an open shooter or at least fall back toward the lane to ensure there isn't a free runner to the basket.

That doesn't happen in NBA Live 19.

lolololol

jermaine
09-12-2018, 07:58 PM
From what I'm hearing, I'm Play now in 2k19, you have to play with different teams to move up.... How true is This? I only ever play with the Spurs every game.

cool cat
09-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Played the NBA Live Demo, I don't care much for modern NBA video games, the whole momentum of movement might be more realistic but takes away from the fun, for me at least.

But Manu is still on the Spurs in Live and I found a fun lineup I wished we got to see this year,

LA
Gay
Marco or Lonnie
Demar
Manu

BWS-1994
09-13-2018, 12:26 AM
I tried to play MyLeague in 2K. Even though I chose the updated line up, how come Kawhi and Danny are still in SA instead of Demar and Poetl?

jermaine
09-13-2018, 04:32 AM
Played the NBA Live Demo, I don't care much for modern NBA video games, the whole momentum of movement might be more realistic but takes away from the fun, for me at least.

But Manu is still on the Spurs in Live and I found a fun lineup I wished we got to see this year,

LA
Gay
Marco or Lonnie
Demar
Manu

Idk how but on my nbalive19, they took Many off the game. He was on the bench, but now he's gone. : (

TheRemix
09-13-2018, 05:47 AM
It's tough at first to get used to the new squad. My current lineups right now are..

Starters: Murray-belinelli-derozan-gay-aldridge

Bench: mills-forbes-walker-bertans-gasol

My 3rd lineup: murray-walker-derozan-gay-aldridge

4th:derozan-belinelli-gay-aldridge-gasol

I'm still experimenting with all kinds of lineups. It's been tough to consistently run an effective offense. For the most part i'm posting up with LMA and running pick and rolls with derozan/LMA. Murray is great on D but can't knock down shit. Beli only consistently hits treys in the corner. Rudy can hit the occasional 3 and mid range and is great in transition. I use the pace/flow/swing/horns set/floppy freelance motions. The spurs also have some good plays in their playbook. It's a whole new squad to get used to but i'm sure eventually i'll get used to everyone's tendencies and fully optimize their skill sets. I saved a game clip earlier i'll probably post it to show you guys how i'm using the team

james evans
09-13-2018, 12:54 PM
my starters are Murry, Derozan, Walker, Bertans Aldridge. Off the bench is Gasol, Gay, Bellineli, Mills, and Cunningham.

heyheymymy
09-14-2018, 08:59 PM
I've been weaving starters in and out instead of block rotations. Start the classic 5 but immediately pull out Gasol move lma up to the 5 bring bertans in. This is flexible. Say lma pulls a early foul or derozan is hotter than lma, leave Gasol and pull lma for bertans.

Then weave lineups with one starter and filler till the end of the 4th quarter when you bring all 5 starters back to close out.

Mills
Forbes
Gay
Bertans
Potel

Murray
Mills
Belinelli
Cunningham
Gasol

Forbes
White
Walker
Lma
Potel

Murray
Derozan
Walker
Cunningham
Potel

Lineups like that. Let each starter feast and rotate out the top four players so one is on the court at all times.

If it's a good team, team up Gay and gasol at the same time and then bring in lma DeRozan or something like that, doubling the starter level talent on the court at the same time against tougher opponents

J_Paco
09-15-2018, 04:48 AM
Players who are assigned to guard an offensive player who hasn't crossed half court will just stand in limbo without picking up another player. Too many times this leads to backdoor cuts or wide-open three-point shots. In this instance, the free defensive player would pick up an open shooter or at least fall back toward the lane to ensure there isn't a free runner to the basket.

That doesn't happen in NBA Live 19.

lolololol

The transition AI has been piss poor on 2K for the last 4 or 5 years. It really can be aggravating overall and is something they need to address.

Yet, they have a lot of great additions in the offensive AI and defensively as well. Both series have holes they need to fill & fix but 2K holds the crown in depth, immersion and overall polish.

Arcadian
09-15-2018, 05:21 AM
I will say, the 98 Spurs are much better this year! I've been dominating with the twin towers online. (They're a Tier 3 historic team, which you unlock after ranking up once.)

Overall I'm having much more success online than the last few years. I think they made this one less noob-friendly, which is good. There's less bullshit for shitty players to exploit.

jermaine
09-15-2018, 11:06 AM
I'm having a love hate feeling about 2k19... It's better than Nbalive19 after playing both for a couple days. But like someone said, the Spurs suck on here. I miss so many shots, wide open or not. Layups too!! Idk if it's at the top of the release or what

Texas_Ranger
09-15-2018, 01:37 PM
I'm having a love hate feeling about 2k19... It's better than Nbalive19 after playing both for a couple days. But like someone said, the Spurs suck on here. I miss so many shots, wide open or not. Layups too!! Idk if it's at the top of the release or what

i had 4 loses in a row and since then i am on a 10 game W streak. It's gotten too easy. Rudy Gay of the bench is unstoppable on the PF. I had to lower my sliders on shooting cause I was shooting 65% every game. The AI defense is a little better than last year but still nothing special. To me the game looks like 2k17 3.0. They should really not be selling this shit for more than 20 bucks. Also fuck 2k and their microtransactions.

jermaine
09-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Mills an Marco is trash on 2k19.... But I love Pothel or whateva his name is.

Cry Havoc
09-16-2018, 11:42 AM
2k... It's better than Nbalive

Said everyone, ever.

Patty_Mills
09-16-2018, 01:47 PM
What classic Spurs teams are on 2k19? Worth buying? I have 2k14.

Also, hi all, I didn't even realize this was my first post. I've been creeping for a while I guess.

TimmyBuckets
09-16-2018, 02:46 PM

Also, hi all, I didn't even realize this was my first post. I've been creeping for a while I guess.

'97-98 and '04-05 I bought 2k14 just so I can play with that squad, but they're not on 18 or 19.

th3answ3r
09-16-2018, 02:47 PM

i upgraded from nba 2k16, it's pretty fun. i dont play myplayer though, only play now online

szkorhetz
09-16-2018, 04:10 PM
I simply can't use DDR in 2K19, I guess it will be the same IRL, TBH...

Arcadian
09-16-2018, 04:45 PM
What classic Spurs teams are on 2k19?

'98, '05, and All-time Spurs.

The '98 team should be '99, why the fuck did they choose '98? The '05 team is missing Mohammad and Nesterovic, so there's no size or depth. The all-time team is sweet, though.

jermaine
09-16-2018, 07:50 PM
I simply can't use DDR in 2K19, I guess it will be the same IRL, TBH...

It's crazy cuz I can't use him either. I play Damn good defense but I can't score for shit... I can't get the shot releases down, nor the layups. DDR mid range is 90 wide open or covered, but I miss so many wide open. I try to release at the top of jump, but get late releases. I almost wanna go back to nbalive19 since I miss so many shots. Patty an Marco sucks

Texas_Ranger
09-16-2018, 08:18 PM
Belinelli is trash. He's slow, can't cross anyone and also can't play defense. Mills on the other hand is great for me. I am averaging 18ppg with him and he plays like 20min a game. Derozan has also been pretty good for me. His athleticism helps alot when i get past the defender and he pretty much dunks over anybody.

TrainOfThought5
09-16-2018, 09:14 PM
That all time team brings a tear to my eye.

hooperflash
09-17-2018, 03:07 AM
Demar is solid in 2K, learn to use him folks.

jermaine
09-17-2018, 04:57 AM
Demar is solid in 2K, learn to use him folks.

I learned how to shoot last night an made people quit. The shooting is so simple. I was over thinking the release. I was tryna wait till he get to the top then release. It's releasing by the time he reach the top. Once I figured that out, now for the contested layups to master.

widowmaker
09-17-2018, 03:27 PM
You can win with that spurs roster all day long you just have yo do a lot of time management. 8-2 right now on 2k19

james evans
09-30-2018, 04:48 AM
That spurs team sucks on 2k. I don't know who you guys are playing against, but around my way everyone plays with the Lakers or GS. Now we know the Lakers aren't gonna be good in real life, but on that game damn near everyone on that team are hitting 3s. They even got Javele mcgree like Wilt on the block. Shit is ridiculous. This spurs team is just slow. With no consistent shooters. All you have to do is leave Murray open and double with the guy guarding him. Cunningham may be the worst player on all of 2k. He seriously can't do anything.

jermaine
09-30-2018, 06:43 AM
That spurs team sucks on 2k. I don't know who you guys are playing against, but around my way everyone plays with the Lakers or GS. Now we know the Lakers aren't gonna be good in real life, but on that game damn near everyone on that team are hitting 3s. They even got Javele mcgree like Wilt on the block. Shit is ridiculous. This spurs team is just slow. With no consistent shooters. All you have to do is leave Murray open and double with the guy guarding him. Cunningham may be the worst player on all of 2k. He seriously can't do anything.

I don't understand why the Spurs are a tier 2 team an the Lakers are tier 1... The Spurs are rated better than the Lakers overall. An Cunningham, I like him. I can't don anything with Marco, an Patty. Nor can I hit consistent shots with DDM. I didn't know I could play with the Spurs every gm, they just don't count as far as moving up from class to class. I tried using the meter an still can't hit a shot consistently. So I've turned that off. It use to be release at the top on the jump, it's seems to be different now.