PDA

View Full Version : Uproar in Turkey over removing evolution from biology class

RandomGuy
09-18-2017, 04:59 PM
ISTANBUL (AP) — Students in Turkey are returning to school where they will be taught evolution for the last time in their biology classes. Next fall, evolution and Charles Darwin will be scrapped from their textbooks.

Turkey has announced an overhaul of more than 170 topics in the country's school curriculum, including removing all direct references to evolution from biology classes.

Education Minister Ismet Yilmaz said the new "value-based" curriculum would teach evolutionary mechanisms such as natural selection but evolution itself was too advanced for high school and would not be taught until college.

The upcoming changes have caused an uproar, with critics calling them a reshaping of education along the conservative, Islam-oriented government's line. Some biologists say the move will leave Turkish students unable to understand even basic science.

By ZEYNEP BILGINSOY, Associated Press/Sep 17, 2017

boutons_deux
09-18-2017, 05:09 PM
religion makes you stupid

spurraider21
09-18-2017, 05:14 PM
But liberals never criticize Islam! If you do they'll call you islamophobic

Chucho
09-18-2017, 05:27 PM
religion makes you stupid

So, what's your excuse?

spurraider21
09-18-2017, 05:55 PM
So, what's your excuse?
:lol

rmt
09-18-2017, 07:07 PM
So, what's your excuse?

Sorry, bou, but that one's funny :-)

boutons_deux
09-18-2017, 07:21 PM
Did stupid wetback Chucho master enough English down in his cinder block hut in MX with a tin roof to make a funny?

spurraider21
09-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Did stupid wetback Chucho master enough English down in his cinder block hut in MX with a tin roof to make a funny?
Wrong account?

Blake
09-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Education Minister Ismet Yilmaz said the new "value-based" curriculum would teach evolutionary mechanisms such as natural selection but evolution itself was too advanced for high school and would not be taught until college.

Lol "value based"

99cent menu science

RandomGuy
09-19-2017, 03:12 PM
But liberals never criticize Islam! If you do they'll call you islamophobic

Islam is a bad idea that stands out as bad, even among religions.

Clipper Nation
09-19-2017, 04:30 PM
Wrong account?
This is the same boutards who refers to black people as "knitters" (and we all know the word he's really using). He's just a racist.

pgardn
09-19-2017, 05:44 PM
ISTANBUL (AP) — Students in Turkey are returning to school where they will be taught evolution for the last time in their biology classes. Next fall, evolution and Charles Darwin will be scrapped from their textbooks.

Turkey has announced an overhaul of more than 170 topics in the country's school curriculum, including removing all direct references to evolution from biology classes.

The upcoming changes have caused an uproar, with critics calling them a reshaping of education along the conservative, Islam-oriented government's line. Some biologists say the move will leave Turkish students unable to understand even basic science.

By ZEYNEP BILGINSOY, Associated Press/Sep 17, 2017

Pretty common for all the fundamentalists with zealous reading concerning origins taken from old texts. The Catholics broke away in the 50s from this dogma. Some Protestants are ok with it. But they interject a soul.

The underlined makes no sense, go figure. Evolution is not even argued by any but the deranged. The mechanisms and timing are still being refined and are the most difficult part. So... Turkey does not get it either. Poor argument. They should have just put people in a special place and let it be taught concerning all other living things. It's safer.

Chucho
09-19-2017, 10:46 PM

Nothing's funnier than the truth. And, again, not Mexican.

Chucho
09-19-2017, 10:47 PM
Wrong account?
No, he's a racist like most Leftists. He's also a surface thinker, like most Leftists. Hence he thinks I'm Mexican because of my screen name.

boutons_deux
09-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Erdogan said Trash called him to apologize about Erdogan's goons beating the shit out of protesters last May

WH denies Trash apologized.

Pelicans78
09-20-2017, 05:21 AM
It's funny how Islamists took the idea of creationism from Christian fundamentalists despite Muslim scholars not refuting evolution for centuries.

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 06:49 AM
Muslims haven't evolved beyond monkeys for the theory to be applicable.

Pelicans78
09-20-2017, 08:00 AM

More Muslims are more educated and more financially successful then your average American.

Blake
09-20-2017, 08:14 AM

You think Hakeem Olajuwon is like a monkey. How Christian of you.

spurraider21
09-20-2017, 12:19 PM
It's funny how Islamists took the idea of creationism from Christian fundamentalists despite Muslim scholars not refuting evolution for centuries.
The theory of evolution hasn't been around for centuries

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 05:31 PM
More Muslims are more educated and more financially successful then your average American.

:lmao

than, btw, too, Mr Education.

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 05:39 PM
You think Hakeem Olajuwon is like a monkey. How Christian of you.

Well JV Chump, I don't think his "religion" does him any favors.

TeyshaBlue
09-20-2017, 05:39 PM

Prolly because there's about 10 bazillion more Muslims than Americans. Nice try tho.

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Prolly because there's about 10 bazillion more Muslims than Americans. Nice try tho.

He's still way off. By that logic, he could make the case for cockroaches being more educated and richer (which he essentially is doing).

Blake
09-20-2017, 06:05 PM
Well JV Chump, I don't think his "religion" does him any favors.

So you do think he's basically a monkey. Neat.

spurraider21
09-20-2017, 06:17 PM
To be fair a monkey is probably more educated than him

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 06:31 PM

I think he'll devolve in that direction the more seriously he takes his neanderthal religion.

Any other questions, JV Chump?

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 06:33 PM
To be fair a monkey is probably more educated than him

Well, Akeem did go to University of Houston. I guess the monkeys in the lab may be getting a better education than the athletes.

Blake
09-20-2017, 06:39 PM
I think he'll devolve in that direction the more seriously he takes his neanderthal religion.

Any other questions, JV Chump?

That wasn't a question. It was an observation.

Hakeem is already a pretty mature human being and upstanding member of society. Seems like he's far and away a more sophisticated and overall better person than you'll ever be.

Blake
09-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Well, Akeem did go to University of Houston. I guess the monkeys in the lab may be getting a better education than the athletes.

Well here's a question: where'd you go to college?

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 06:46 PM
That wasn't a question. It was an observation.

Hakeem is already a pretty mature human being and upstanding member of society. Seems like he's far and away a more sophisticated and overall better person than you'll ever be.

Well JV Chump, you'll notice I haven't attacked Akeem's character despite your repeated attempts to make it about that. And am I supposed to get defensive about your Akeem vs. me comparison? Pass.

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Well here's a question: where'd you go to college?

:lol JV Chump.

You don't even know where you're going with this. You're just digging.

spurraider21
09-20-2017, 06:50 PM
I was referring to you

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 06:56 PM
I was referring to you

I had gathered your comment was crying about me.

Blake
09-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Well JV Chump, you'll notice I haven't attacked Akeem's character despite your repeated attempts to make it about that. And am I supposed to get defensive about your Akeem vs. me comparison? Pass.

You attacked his intelligence. I said he's more sophisticated than you'll ever be. That's about it.

Blake
09-20-2017, 06:59 PM
:lol JV Chump.

You don't even know where you're going with this. You're just digging.

I'm just asking. Are you that ashamed of your alma mater?

Blake
09-20-2017, 07:00 PM

:lol sure you did

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 07:02 PM
You attacked his intelligence. I said he's more sophisticated than you'll ever be. That's about it.

I attacked his "religion." But if you want to say that in a roundabout way that's an attack on his intelligence, then I'll live with that. And being Muslim isn't about being sophisticated; it's pretty well the opposite of that. Or do you think telling the bitches to get the hell out of the room while your stick your ass up with a bunch of dudes is sophisticated?

spurraider21
09-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Oh that explains why you responded otherwise :lol

Blake
09-20-2017, 07:06 PM

You said this. ^

Hakeem is a Muslim. Therefore you think Hakeem hasn't evolved beyond monkeys. You also haven't walked back from it either.

He's clearly a better human being than you in pretty much every way.

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm just asking. Are you that ashamed of your alma mater?

I actually quite like my alma mater. But to regard your implied prosecution, IIRC it was top ten (if not top three to five) for my selected program in a state having conservatively more than thirty universities offering the curriculum.

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Oh that explains why you responded otherwise :lol

I'm sorry, should I have wiped your tears instead?

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 07:11 PM
You said this. ^

Hakeem is a Muslim. Therefore you think Hakeem hasn't evolved beyond monkeys. You also haven't walked back from it either.

He's clearly a better human being than you in pretty much every way.

I suppose if you want to be strictly that literal, you might have a case. But if you want to look through a more realistic scope, you'll find that destruction is always the end game of Islam. Whether Akeem is but a cog or personally degenerating is not especially detrimental to my statement.

Pelicans78
09-20-2017, 07:48 PM

I meant American Muslims.

Pelicans78
09-20-2017, 07:53 PM
He's still way off. By that logic, he could make the case for cockroaches being more educated and richer (which he essentially is doing).

Dude, have you read most of your posts here? You're one of the biggest retards on this forum. Seriously you routinely post stupid stuff because you're a freaking dumbfuck who doesn't know much about anything. Easily one of the worst posters. It's no wonder your posts easily get dissected.

DMC
09-20-2017, 08:58 PM

American isn't a religion and some Americans are Muslims.

Spurtacular
09-20-2017, 10:16 PM
Dude, have you read most of your posts here? You're one of the biggest retards on this forum. Seriously you routinely post stupid stuff because you're a freaking dumbfuck who doesn't know much about anything. Easily one of the worst posters. It's no wonder your posts easily get dissected.

Meltdown.

Blake
09-21-2017, 08:54 AM
I suppose if you want to be strictly that literal, you might have a case. But if you want to look through a more realistic scope, you'll find that destruction is always the end game of Islam. Whether Akeem is but a cog or personally degenerating is not especially detrimental to my statement.

It's what you literally said. If you don't like it, you're free to backpedal and retract.

Why are you calling him Akeem?

RandomGuy
09-21-2017, 12:29 PM
I actually quite like my alma mater. But to regard your implied prosecution, IIRC it was top ten (if not top three to five) for my selected program in a state having conservatively more than thirty universities offering the curriculum.

... and yet you believe in 9-11 twoofer conspiracy theories. :lmao

That makes you a spectacular fucktard, no matter where you went to school.

When I interview people, I ask my regular set of questions, then sit back and gab a bit. I will try out a feeler or two, and any hint of twooferdom gets that resume in the circular file.

Spurtacular
09-21-2017, 06:26 PM
... and yet you believe in 9-11 twoofer conspiracy theories. :lmao

That makes you a spectacular fucktard, no matter where you went to school.

When I interview people, I ask my regular set of questions, then sit back and gab a bit. I will try out a feeler or two, and any hint of twooferdom gets that resume in the circular file.

Well, if you're company only needs good lemmings, then that might be a good thing.