PDA

View Full Version : Billboards slamming NFL to go up near LA Chargers*stadium

Fabbs
09-19-2017, 10:44 AM
http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/09/12/billboards-slamming-nfl-to-go-up-near-la-chargers-stadium/

Definitely buy this guy Joseph Macrae a beer.
Regardless of which team you root for. This is an anti greedy NFL campaign as much as it's directed at the Scammos family.
Or you can send a donation via his Go Fund Me.
https://www.gofundme.com/7qwt4-the-fight-for-la-billboards

Fabbs
09-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Should have been in NFL Forum.

Avante
09-21-2017, 07:04 AM
I remember the very first play in LA Charger (before moving to SD) history. Former Oregon State hurdler Paul Lowe took the KO five yards deep and, 105 yards later...TOUCHDOWN~~~ Lowe would become the first 1000 yard Charger rusher and the greatest RB in AFL history.

This would be the All Time AFL offense.

QB...Len Dawson Chiefs/Joe Namath Jets
FB...Cookie Gilchrist Bills/Jim Nance Pats (first 1000 yard rushers in franchise history, Gilchrist the first AFL 1000 yard rusher)
RB...Paul Lowe Chargers/Abner Haynes Chiefs (first 1000 yard rushers in franchise history)
WR...Lance Alworth Chargers/Don Maynard Jets/Lionel Taylor Broncos (first 100 catch season)/Otis Taylor Chiefs (first big and fast and physical WR)
TE...Fred Arbansas Chiefs

Dawson, Namath, Alworth and Maynard in the HOF.

Lance Alworth was a sprinter at Arkansas and played running back. Switched to WR as a Charger and was the sports best receiver, he along with Gilchrist (250 pounds with speed) would have been just as dynamic in the NFL.

The AFL made it because of scouting. We saw so many small college guys and HBCUers there. The great Cookie Gilchrist came from the CFL, he never played college ball at all. Otis Taylor a QB at Prairie View, Lionel Taylor out of New Mexico Highlands, Abner Haynes North Texas State, and on and on. A larger % of black players on AFL rosters than NFL.

When Heisman winner O.J.Simpson became a Bill, the rookie of the year was another RB for the Pats named Carl Garret out of little New Mexico Highlands. Yep....who?

One of my prized possesions is my AFL football card collection.

Billy Joe was a 250 pound FB out of Villanova who played for the Broncos. His rookie card, ha~ it's the look on his face.

Trivia

I scored....

passing
rushing
receiving
punt return
KO return
PAT
FG

....who am I?

Avante
09-22-2017, 12:05 AM
In 1960 the first AFL season the league looked like this, with first 1000 yard rusher.

West

Dallas Texans.......Abner Haynes
Denver Broncos......Floyd Little
Los Angeles Chargers.....Paul Lowe
Oakland Raiders....Clemon Daneils

East

Houston Oilers......Charlie Tolar all 5-6
Boston Patriots.....Jim Nance NCAA wrestler
New York Titans....John Riggins
Buffalo Bills....Cookie Gilchrist

With all that black speed and the NFL getting the best defensive players we saw a lot of high scoring exciting games.

IronMexican
09-22-2017, 11:46 AM
I saw this billboard a couple of days ago when I was getting off work :lol

I don't know why SD fans complain so much. They were never going to the games. They have zero fan support here, as well.

A franchise like the Chargers or Jags really would be better settled heading to a city like SA, or maybe even Portland.

The only logical team in LA was the Raiders.

MultiTroll
09-22-2017, 04:19 PM
I saw this billboard a couple of days ago when I was getting off work :lol

I don't know why SD fans complain so much. They were never going to the games. They have zero fan support here, as well.

A franchise like the Chargers or Jags really would be better settled heading to a city like SA, or maybe even Portland.

The only logical team in LA was the Raiders.
San Diego has supported an NFL team with a real owner and real coaches. Air Corriell, Bobby Ross, Martyball, hell even Norv with a super stacked lineup for one year.
Current Spanos is not that.
Rather then an indictment on San Diego fanhood, it's a compliment that we are one of the few major cities that will tell the NFL to go fluff itself when they tried to ram bullshit down our throats.

Got more going on outside of football. Don't have to have NFL to feel complete at a complete rip off cost and with a bullshit owner to boot.

IronMexican
09-22-2017, 05:28 PM
No need to lie to yourself, Fabbs.

Even when San Diego was much better than the Raiders, the Raiders fans still packed that stadium.

MultiTroll
09-22-2017, 05:58 PM
LOL not a chance.
The 14-2 Marty year, also the Bobby Ross years it was 30% Raider thug absolute tops.

IronMexican
09-22-2017, 07:54 PM
That's still a third of the fans.

monosylab1k
09-22-2017, 08:25 PM
LOL not a chance.
The 14-2 Marty year, also the Bobby Ross years it was 30% Raider thug absolute tops.

:lmao you're bragging that even in your best year, when the Raiders were absolute dogshit, that they still filled up 1/3 of the stadium? :lmao

MultiTroll
09-22-2017, 08:54 PM
:lmao you're bragging that even in your best year, when the Raiders were absolute dogshit, that they still filled up 1/3 of the stadium? :lmao
Lot's of people like to get out of their city and travel to S.D. to take in a game and the rest of the good shit here.
You wouldn't know.

Mark Celibate
09-23-2017, 07:36 AM
San Diego has supported an NFL team with a real owner and real coaches. Air Corriell, Bobby Ross, Martyball, hell even Norv with a super stacked lineup for one year.
Current Spanos is not that.
Rather then an indictment on San Diego fanhood, it's a compliment that we are one of the few major cities that will tell the NFL to go fluff itself when they tried to ram bullshit down our throats.

Got more going on outside of football. Don't have to have NFL to feel complete at a complete rip off cost and with a bullshit owner to boot.

Please,,,they take yer cookie in the middle of the night with nary resistance.

09-23-2017, 01:49 PM
....who am I?
A fat old pedophile.

Next question.

DMC
09-23-2017, 03:32 PM
Lot's of people like to get out of their city and travel to S.D. to take in a game and the rest of the good shit here.
You wouldn't know.

No one says "hey, let's go to San Diego and take in a game". Nobody.

Will Hunting
09-23-2017, 06:19 PM
:lol exactly....the Chargers had what was he shittiest stadium in the NFL, that's about the last thing that drew tourists to San Diego.

Fabbs
09-25-2017, 07:42 AM
All klnds of people from cold weather teams used to.
Gawd you guys reek of desperation.

IronMexican
09-25-2017, 09:03 AM
:lol exactly....the Chargers had what was he shittiest stadium in the NFL, that's about the last thing that drew tourists to San Diego.

The Raiders are still playing in Alameda.

Qualcomm will have to settle for second worst.

IronMexican
09-25-2017, 09:04 AM
San Diego is an awesome city, though, that is close to TJ, though. They just have an unsupportive fan base. And now that they lost their team to the city they despise the most, they want to cry about it.

SnakeBoy
09-26-2017, 12:10 AM
San Diego is an awesome city

Been there once...kinda chilly for me but the women were well let's just say not the same as SA women.