PDA

View Full Version : Easteren Conference / Western Conference

lilmads
10-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey all,
Ever since after the Chicaga Bulls era things have been way difference in the NBA. I was wondering which conference you think is stronger, the eastern or the western. Recently I seem to think the eastern's much better, but a few years ago, they were much weaker. So make your pick.. and if you would like, say why:)

angel_luv
10-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Overall I would say the West wins.

But the East has several strong teams.

zwbgr
10-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Well, this year western conference is very strong (Heats, Pistons, Pacers, Cavs), but i think western is better like past few years. Beacause of Spurs (of course), Rockets aren't bad, Suns, Sonics neither....

thispego
10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
they are as equally matched as i have seen in a while, should be a awesome season, i almost wanna get lp

spursfaninla
10-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Before the news about Amare, I would have said equal. Now I would say the East has surpassed the West, if only because of the number of legit. championship contenders.

I think there are 3 elite level teams in the East; Detroit, Miami and Pacers, in that order.

I think the West has more good teams, but I don't see any other Western team challenging for sure with the Spurs.

Phoenix could have if Amare kept improving.

Houston is close but they still have alot to prove to me after last year's playoffs.

Sac got better but its hard to tell if they improved enough to be at elite level.

Dallas and denver are good but I don't realistically see them having a chance.

The teams below them are fighting for the last 2 playoff spots.

Chris
10-17-2005, 02:24 PM
The West has always been stronger and still is.

TOP-CHERRY
10-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Shaq tipped the balance very well. That, and the Pistons being the champs in 2004, plus the Pacers are gonna make a comeback. I'd say it's pretty equal now. Makes things a lot more interesting.

ObiwanGinobili
10-17-2005, 02:45 PM
West doesn;t have the edge this upcomign season that they have in recent years.
West is still the strongest, but it;s so close that I voted "both are equal"

baseline bum
10-17-2005, 02:51 PM
The East is undoubtably stronger except for that #1 spot. With Amare's injury the Spurs are the only real contender for a title in the West. Houston may have the talent to compete too, but until I see them together for a few games I'm not ready to put them at that level.

In the East you have 3 teams good enough to win a championship: Miami with Wade and Shaq is always a threat, and was kept out of the Finals only because of health. Detroit came 12 minutes from the title last year, and had a 9-point lead in the third quarter of game 7. Indiana looked like the best team in the league last year until the fight, and they were coming off a 62 win season.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Head to head I think the Western has better teams, but the east is a lot more competive. In the West it looks like it could very well be the Spurs and then a bunch of teams duking it out for second place, where as in the east I could easily see the Pistons, Pacers, or the Heat managing to win that conference, with Cleveland being a good looking darkhorse candidate if Lebron blows up this year. But if you're asking where the champions are coming of this year, look to the west.

batman2883
10-17-2005, 04:00 PM
The east sucks ass they have talent but no powerful teams, the only two teams that would hang in the western conference would be the pistons and the heat...

spursfaninla
10-17-2005, 04:00 PM
The East is undoubtably stronger except for that #1 spot. With Amare's injury the Spurs are the only real contender for a title in the West. Houston may have the talent to compete too, but until I see them together for a few games I'm not ready to put them at that level.

In the East you have 3 teams good enough to win a championship: Miami with Wade and Shaq is always a threat, and was kept out of the Finals only because of health. Detroit came 12 minutes from the title last year, and had a 9-point lead in the third quarter of game 7. Indiana looked like the best team in the league last year until the fight, and they were coming off a 62 win season.

stop copying me.

mrose31
10-17-2005, 04:35 PM
I think 6 of top 10 teams if you take top 20 teams they are even 10 and 10. I think their is little difference between 2 conferences maybe slight edge to western conference but not much.