PDA

View Full Version : No Charlie & Chance?

Taco
10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
anyone know why they were not on this morning?

SWC Bonfire
10-17-2005, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't know, the FCC seems to be making Ticket 760 use a bent coathanger as a transmission tower nowadays.

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 11:47 AM
apparently they were both off today according to Mr. T.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
I, for one, wouldn't have missed them.

Chancellor has some significant chip on his shoulder about something, though it's not apparent what that something is.

Parker would much rather talk about music or television, or devise some cheesy top 10 list, since he doesn't really know squat about sports -- he lost me a couple of weeks ago when he blasted Rick Sutcliffe for mispronouncing Huston Street's name (by pronouncing it as it's spelled, rather than Houston, as the kid prefers) but then turning around and routinely butchering easy names with aplomb.

Charlie and Chance, since the first day it became possible to do so, have tried to find every excuse to push San Antonians away from buying Saints tickets. They have little or no respect for most of the show's callers -- particularly those who don't agree with them. And they don't appear to do much homework.

I'd rather see them permanently replaced -- dead air would be better; I've chosen to listen to something else during my morning commute. But that's just me, I guess.

Taco
10-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I, for one, wouldn't have missed them.

Chancellor has some significant chip on his shoulder about something,...

Come-on!!!! :lol

Charlie and Chance, since the first day it became possible to do so, have tried to find every excuse to push San Antonians away from buying Saints tickets. They have little or no respect for most of the show's callers -- particularly those who don't agree with them. And they don't appear to do much homework.

They sure were pissing the hell out of me on this also

TheTruth
10-17-2005, 12:03 PM
It could be worse. They could have vex and the idiot from new york on in the mornings. Or even worse, they could have Van Earl on.

Taco
10-17-2005, 12:04 PM
apparently they were both off today according to Mr. T.

They should have had All Walter Radio!!! :lol

Kip Fanatic
10-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I cannot stand Charlie and Chance in the morning. I don't listen to the Ticket 760 in the morning anymore. I hate the, "on this day." Who cares what happened on 10/3/78. Talk about sports. Talk about something other than the college football. Talk about baseball. Talk about NASCAR. Talk about pre-season basketball. Talk about golf. And not just for like 3 minutes. Who cares about the Who or Rush or any other band from the 70's and 80's? Just talk about sports.

I sure hope WOAI finds someone to replace them.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 12:29 PM
It could be worse. They could have vex and the idiot from new york on in the mornings. Or even worse, they could have Van Earl on.

Well, at least Walter has an opinion that relates to sports and isn't afraid to speak his mind -- it's nice to have at least one non-homer on the airwaves.

angel_luv
10-17-2005, 12:32 PM
When is David Chancellor's show usually on?

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM

no, it can't.. they are the worst "sports" guys i've ever heard.. they make brian cox look like a basketball expert!

Kdfelicity
10-17-2005, 01:49 PM
The show is not supposed to be strictly sports, the show is designed for guys which can include many topics. Yall wouldn't know talk radio if it hit you in the face.

The reason Charlie doesn't want the Saints here is because he's afraid it will black out the Dallas games here. He's stickin by his team, nothin wrong with that.

Kori Ellis
10-17-2005, 01:54 PM
The show is not supposed to be strictly sports, the show is designed for guys which can include many topics.

I was going to just say something similar about "strictly sports". Though it's obviously sports based or it wouldn't be on the Ticket, it's definitely not designed as strictly sports .. and that's a good thing.

Yall wouldn't know talk radio if it hit you in the face.

Not nice.

It's okay for listeners to have an opinion about what they are listening to.

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 01:57 PM
but they still suck no matter wtf they're talking about... and i'd say most people who tune into the "TICKET 760, Sportsradio KTKR" would assume the shows would be about SPORTS!!! come on!

Kdfelicity
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Not nice.

Alright, my bad, I'm sorry. They just need to know the basis of the show before they start talkin smack.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 02:13 PM
I was going to just say something similar about "strictly sports". Though it's obviously sports based or it wouldn't be on the Ticket, it's definitely not designed as strictly sports .. and that's a good thing.

If it's not going to be strictly sports, I would prefer that it be more sports than it was when they lost me. I cut my "listening to sports talk radio" chops on WFAN in NYC while in college, and the kind of stuff C&C do wouldn't last one segment in NYC -- they'd get eaten alive

And even if they don't want to change the format, I dislike the arrogance and the disrespect towards those who have other opinions. I dislike the "don't cross me, it's my damned show" attitude.

I also think Charlie is b.s. for using the bully pulpit of the radio to protect his own interest in seeing the Cowboys games on Sundays. The City of San Antonio's interests remain far greater than those of Charlie Parker. I find it reprehensible that Parker and Chancellor were allowed to, essentially, undermine the City's efforts to sell tickets for these games in order to fulfill some selfish desire to protect their own interests. It's one thing to say that they prefer the Cowboys or whoever else; it's something else entirely to tell people that it isn't important that they buy tickets, or that it won't make a difference if they buy tickets. I'm glad that many people ignored their suggestions, but I remain convinced that they talked a number of people out of buying tickets to the first game by rallying against the Saints.

That may be just me, but it's what I think.

Kdfelicity
10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
If it's not going to be strictly sports, I would prefer that it be more sports than it was when they lost me. I cut my "listening to sports talk radio" chops on WFAN in NYC while in college, and the kind of stuff C&C do wouldn't last one segment in NYC -- they'd get eaten alive

And even if they don't want to change the format, I dislike the arrogance and the disrespect towards those who have other opinions. I dislike the "don't cross me, it's my damned show" attitude.

I also think Charlie is b.s. for using the bully pulpit of the radio to protect his own interest in seeing the Cowboys games on Sundays. The City of San Antonio's interests remain far greater than those of Charlie Parker. I find it reprehensible that Parker and Chancellor were allowed to, essentially, undermine the City's efforts to sell tickets for these games in order to fulfill some selfish desire to protect their own interests. It's one thing to say that they prefer the Cowboys or whoever else; it's something else entirely to tell people that it isn't important that they buy tickets, or that it won't make a difference if they buy tickets.

He probably figured along with himself, others would feel betrayed if they blacked out the Cowboys game for those people who like to watch it on tv.

And by the way, the Saints' upper management are a bunch of a-holes who could care less if the Saints came here or not. And you can quote me on that.

KEDA
10-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Bah , Charlie Parker sucks!

just kidding,

Actually hes a real nice guy, and he knows his shit about sports!

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Bah , Charlie Parker sucks!

just kidding,

Actually hes a real nice guy, and he knows his shit about sports!

he has yet to show it on the air..

Vashner
10-17-2005, 04:31 PM
I am big Charlie Parker fan...

But I think he was forced into the Sports slot like "want a job?" kinda thing.

He has a lot of years in the company...

But if your him and you have to pay bills like everyone else you just do what the
boss tells you to do.

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 04:32 PM
I am big Charlie Parker fan...

But I think he was forced into the Sports slot like "want a job?" kinda thing.

He has a lot of years in the company...

But if your him and you have to pay bills like everyone else you just do what the
boss tells you to do.

that is why i think happened to him too... take this job or you're fired!

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 04:34 PM
I cut my "listening to sports talk radio" chops on WFAN in NYC while in college,

guys like Mike and the Mad Dog and Chris Russo are not arrogant?

spurschick
10-17-2005, 07:46 PM
My only issue with them is that they talk over their callers. What's the point of taking calls if you're not going to listen to what they have to say? It doesn't happen all the time, but a good percentage, especially with Parker.

As for the Saints, I seem to remember them telling people to go out and get their tickets early on.

David did say something recently that ticked me off though. He basically said that basketball season was worthless until the post-season. I understand where he is coming from, but it was strange to hear a local sportscaster say, "wake me up in April."

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 08:03 PM
guys like Mike and the Mad Dog and Chris Russo are not arrogant?

Not in the sense that they disrespect callers who have educated opinions that are different than their own. Those guys will listen to everyone and give smart callers a say. If Mike and the Mad Dog (who is Chris Russo) disagree, they say so, but they don't act as though the caller is an ass.

Kdfelicity
10-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Not in the sense that they disrespect callers who have educated opinions that are different than their own. Those guys will listen to everyone and give smart callers a say. If Mike and the Mad Dog (who is Chris Russo) disagree, they say so, but they don't act as though the caller is an ass.

The vast majority of callers that call in are ignorant people. And that's not just on that show, it happens on every show, including Jim Rome's. I think they're just sick of people who have no idea what they're talking about calling in.

Solid D
10-17-2005, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't know, the FCC seems to be making Ticket 760 use a bent coathanger as a transmission tower nowadays.

Yes, I used to be able to get 760 The Ticket well-past Austin, TX without any noticeable reception interference. Nowadays, even if I drive under overhead wires in San Antonio, AM760 gets static. It's pretty lame, now.

Is that a temporary problem Clear Channel is working out or is it a new, low standard for them?

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 08:58 PM
no shit! i hate it when i drive along huebner and 760 is 95% static..and when i get to the traffic light.. 100% static..

also, kdf, why do you like them so much? just curious.

Kdfelicity
10-17-2005, 09:40 PM
also, kdf, why do you like them so much? just curious.

I know Charlie Parker. His sports knowledge is quite extensive and I've heard his take on what his show was designed for. He is very opinionated so I rarely ever argue with him unless I know for sure that I can argue it well. A lot of what he says/does on the radio is done to get peoples' attentions.

SequSpur
10-17-2005, 09:52 PM
I told you all Charlie Parker on the radio blows.

Seems like you never listen.

Dude had a chance a few years ago with Jay Howard and pissed everybody off.

He is ruining a legit radio guy in Chancellor.

To bad.

Kdfelicity
10-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Funny how he has 10,000 fans compared to you and 4 other guys that don't like him...

scott
10-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't want to listen to Charlie Parker talk about any subject, let alone one he appears to be completely ignorant on. That's just me though...

TheTruth
10-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Charlie and Chance do a good job of starting debate, and I think that is mostly what those talk shows are about. I thank my stars that I don't have to listen to Van Earl anymore.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm glad that Tony Bruno is on while I'm driving into work. An easy choice to go back to Bruno while skipping the local schlock.

His sports knowledge is quite extensive

Compared to what? I've honestly forgotten more about sports than Charlie Parker will ever know. If it doesn't involve the Dallas Cowboys, the San Antonio Spurs, or Tommy Kramer, Charlie Parker is either clueless, or he's always done a fantastic job of playing clueless on the radio.

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 10:53 PM
honestly, the few posters in here are the only ones who i've ever heard who actually like parker..

T Park
10-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Compared to what? I've honestly forgotten more about sports than Charlie Parker will ever know. If it doesn't involve the Dallas Cowboys, the San Antonio Spurs, or Tommy Kramer, Charlie Parker is either clueless, or he's always done a fantastic job of playing clueless on the radio.

F Dub, I dont know if you were in SA in the fall of 97 when he was on in the morning, but it was the same way.

Charlie Parker's sports knowledge is as extensive as my freakin New England Patriots WC gear collection... NILL.

Parker is the worst thing on SA radio in the history of the town. Hell even Van Earle is more listenable than him, cause Van Earle actually TALKS SPORTS.

Talks sports, on a Sports station.

Damn thats just not right.

2centsworth
10-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Anyone who thinks Charlie knows anything about sports is hopelessly clueless.

I don't mind that the show is not all about sports, but the obvious avoidance of sports talk to avoid sports talk blunders is funny.

I like Chance a bunch and I wish Charlie would shut the hell up and let Chance do all the talking.

2centsworth
10-18-2005, 12:47 AM

it's painful how little he knows about sports. He just doesn't know his facts. Knows his music though which is obvious to everyone.

AFE7FATMAN
10-18-2005, 01:36 AM
.....The reason Charlie doesn't want the Saints here is because he's afraid it will black out the Dallas games here. He's stickin by his team, nothin wrong with that.

I like Charlie, and I hope the Dallas Gamess are blacked out, matter of fact
the Coyboys could move to LA, I've been a cowboy hater for at least 35 years and don't intend to change.

I will admit that the C&C Show does suck.

mouse
10-18-2005, 08:02 AM
I know Charlie Parker.

That may explain your role defending him every chance you get,

His sports knowledge is quite extensive

I thought you just said you knew him?

and I've heard his take on what his show was designed for.

HIS show? I thought David Chanclore was part of the show also? Thank you for proving our points about how he has to Hog the air waves with his It's my way or the HWY mentality.

He is very opinionated

So is Al Sharpton, does that mean he should do sports radio also?

so I rarely ever argue with him unless I know for sure that I can argue it well.

Sounds like your his wife. are you realted , or work with him, to have that happen often?

A lot of what he says/does on the radio is done to get peoples' attentions.

He does a good job, many are starting to pay more attention to the FM dail.

Kdfelicity
10-18-2005, 03:24 PM
That may explain your role defending him every chance you get
I don't have to defend him, he can do that on his own. I'm just sick of hearing people say ignorant things about him.

I thought you just said you knew him?

I've been over to his house many times.

HIS show? I thought David Chanclore was part of the show also? Thank you for proving our points about how he has to Hog the air waves with his It's my way or the HWY mentality.

You're kidding me right? It's such a big fuckin deal that I didn't use the
word "their". Way to put words in my mouth, I love when people do that.

You people I swear.

Sounds like your his wife. are you realted , or work with him, to have that happen often?

I've had many conversations with him, he knows his shit, anyone who knows him will tell you the same.

He does a good job, many are starting to pay more attention to the FM dail.
I'll be sure and ask him what his ratings are when they come out, so we'll just see.

Until then, this is ridiculous, I'm spent on this bull shit.

SWC Bonfire
10-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes, I used to be able to get 760 The Ticket well-past Austin, TX without any noticeable reception interference. Nowadays, even if I drive under overhead wires in San Antonio, AM760 gets static. It's pretty lame, now.

Is that a temporary problem Clear Channel is working out or is it a new, low standard for them?

I inquired via e-mail to Nate Lundy several weeks ago. He says that they were broadcasting in temporary airspace and the FCC did not renew their permit to broadcast at that level.

kris
10-18-2005, 07:45 PM
That show sucks. I'll take a Kori Ellis and filler talk show over those two ladies anytime.

PS Felicity the cat is his daughter in law or something like that.

Opinionater
10-19-2005, 02:35 AM
IMHO, Charlie Parker sucks and does not need to be in sports radio.

PeterBurns
10-19-2005, 09:21 AM
You guys should stop being so guarded and really tell people how you feel!!!

The only beef I have is Charlie's stance on the Saints coming to town.

pooh
10-19-2005, 04:50 PM
For those who actually LISTEN after Charlie and Chance, Van Earl is no longer on the Extravganza. It's David Stein now, along with Andrew and Crystal. Stein is very entertaining. What sucks is hearing the Thompsons talking hunting on Saturday mornings...just rent Delieverance and there you go. I have only listened to Charlie and Chance a few times and it's horrible. They should just run FSR all day until 4pm when, what's that show? Oh yeah....STSA comes on.

mouse
10-19-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't have to defend him, he can do that on his own. I'm just sick of hearing people say ignorant things about him.

Well then maybe the www is not for you, This is a forum where we can express our views, just like you get to use this same forum to kiss his ass, You think just cuz you had a beer or two with Charlie that you can not say anything bad? I got news for you, No one likes a brown nose. Not even Charlie, This is not about him personaly, This is about getting up in the morning and getting the latest info on NFL, NBA and baseball etc... Not what song from the 80's was your favorite, If we wanted that? we could tune into many other stations on the dail.

I've been over to his house many times.

Did you wax his car? or give him a back rub?

You're kidding me right? It's such a big fuckin deal that I didn't use the
word "their". Way to put words in my mouth, I love when people do that.

You people I swear.

Don't look now but you seem to be headed to meltdown city, I hope your blood pressure is ok, you seem to be new to the www, is this your first debate? Let me know so I can be easy on dat ass of yours.

I've had many conversations with him,

who did most of the talking?

he knows his shit,
To bad he doesn't share that with the radio listeners

anyone who knows him will tell you the same.

does that include Chris Duel? Jay Howard? Jason Penny? Jeff Bolton?

I'll be sure and ask him what his ratings are when they come out, so we'll just see.

Be sure to mention the Other sports station in town he is up againts also.

Until then, this is ridiculous,

Sorry to hear you say that, It seemed imformative to me. besides why would you waste your time , if you knew that going in?

I'm spent on this bull shit.

Translation: Let me get the hell out of here while I still have 10% of my ass left, let me go back to work and have my Meltdown in privite

http://www.zvis.com/images/nuks/fizeau1.jpg

maxpower
10-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Today was beyond horrible. I swear I have never wished for the return of the extravaganza to the morning airwaves in it's entirety. Now I see what a poster meant when he posted that Chance needs to grow a pair. How many times does he need to qualify his "you" statements as "in general"? He seems afraid to offend Parker.
I was thinking of what these yuks do that is so subpar compared to shows which I would deem listenable. These guys speak in sililoquies instead of having conversations with each other. Their few actual conversations are stilted and do not stray far from their monologues.

And Parker's proclamation today that he deals in facts was ludicrous. Talk radio, including sports, is made up in great part of conjecture. They have correspondents who give reports and analysts who decipher what is going on.

Add to this his naive view of how business people should conduct their business. Public and private leaders rarely discuss agenda's until there is something to discuss. I am beyond words as to his ignorance about disemination of info through clandestine channels. It has and will always be the way of the world. There will always be someone who leaks info or gives out info which is then taken by the media and listeners as fact.

Today made me realize that Parker is beyond a joke. Chancellor does not have the demeanor to be more than stat guy or sports update jockey.

Clandestino
10-19-2005, 06:05 PM
i'm glad i was on my bike and didn't have to listen to their sorry asses

Suns Fan
10-19-2005, 08:37 PM
After this topic started I had to tune in, It was the show right after the Astros game.

It was only 30 seconds of me listening when Chance said that the Astros did not choke, and that he gets tired of hearing that saying, he said what took place is far from a choke, The Astros where one strike away from the World Series and the Pitcher melted down, it was a classic choke job If I ever seen one , and for Chance to not be able to sac up and just admit that and move ? on made me wonder how he even got a TV sports gig, Then Charlie started talking about how he hates when he is in line at HEB for about 20 minutes and that's when I went to FM.

some one wake me up when this one horse town gets another sports show.

Gatita
10-19-2005, 08:50 PM
I am new to the area. I tuned in to 760 one morning and heard this show. I didn't know it was suppose to be about Sports. :lol

Suns Fan
10-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Kori thinks the show should be about cooking..........

Though it's obviously sports based or it wouldn't be on the Ticket, it's definitely not designed as strictly sports

.. and that's a good thing.

For who?

Some Charlie Parker lovers in this topic may not agree with you.

King
10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Siciliano and Stein sound exactly the same - to the point where you can rarely tell who is talking.

PeterBurns
10-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Lets be honest.

It's nothing a little cowbell can't fix.

maxpower
10-19-2005, 09:35 PM
a lot more cowbell.http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/x/mxa254/RoadFly/cowbell.JPG

PeterBurns
10-19-2005, 09:40 PM
King, We need to get a cowbell sound for the Sunday show.
Stop being a freaking mute and talk this week.

scott
10-19-2005, 10:47 PM
I hereby proclaim that San Antonio cannot support an NFL franchise so long as Charlie & Chance is the morning sports radio show.

King
10-19-2005, 10:49 PM
King, We need to get a cowbell sound for the Sunday show.
Stop being a freaking mute and talk this week.

Done and done - just don't want to step on toes. What I WOULD like to point out, though, is that I have a better record than both of you - and I've beaten you both head to head - and you guys are the ones giving advice.

SequSpur
10-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Good take maxpower and mouse.

That's exactly my opinion as well.

Suns Fan
10-20-2005, 12:51 AM
I've eaten you both head to head -

This is to easy.............

mouse
10-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Lets be honest.

It's nothing a little cowbell can't fix.

Tell that to my fat ass wife that fucking Cow, I hate that thing around her neck 24/7 it gets on my flippin nerves,

Taco
10-21-2005, 09:02 AM
I am paraphrasing

A caller called in and said yesterday the day after the Astros made the World Series for the 1st time ever, that the hour he was able to listen to the show all they talked about was "American Bandstand"

He was then hung up on.

Parker then said "it's because I want to".

He basicly said there was not "Sports Show" in the name of their show and they don't have to talk only about sports.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 09:03 AM
who the fuck is Charlie and chance and by the way Ray allen is a little pussy