PDA

View Full Version : Death tax... Good or bad?

UNT Eagles 2016
09-25-2017, 09:34 AM
While it seems like a good idea to not only flow money back into the economy but also lessen the aristocratic class... which is a very good thing, as nobody likes a trust fund baby -- it has a nasty side effect that I can't overcome.

That the government will have incentives to kill off people or let them die, basically putting a timer on peoples' lives and not promoting biomedical advancements for longevity (which is the next step in biomedicine) because the government will have an economic motivator for rich people dying. No more Medicare past 75 if you own more than $Xmillion in assets.

Good, bad, or mixed ideas?

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Bad. You've likely already been taxed on money you are saving for your kids. Why the double dip by the fed?

UNT Eagles 2016
09-25-2017, 09:44 AM
Bad. You've likely already been taxed on money you are saving for your kids. Why the double dip by the fed?

That "saving for your kids" part is my problem. Nobody likes stuck up, arrogant adults who were gifted everything and never had to lift a finger and think they're better than everyone else. Everyone hates old rich, except gold diggers.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Every dollar is taxed a shitload of times. Any time an store owner makes a sale, he pays tax on that money earned. The person who gave the money paid taxes when he earned that same money, etc etc. The notion that "we must always avoid double taxation" doesn't really hold up. Not to mention the sales tax in the middle.

On the other hand, it could be argued that hoarding money for long periods of time stalls the economy and the taxation is paying your dues for doing so.

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 10:12 AM
"Any time an store owner makes a sale, he pays tax on that money earned"

You Lie

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 10:31 AM
Every dollar is taxed a shitload of times. Any time an store owner makes a sale, he pays tax on that money earned. The person who gave the money paid taxes when he earned that same money, etc etc. The notion that "we must always avoid double taxation" doesn't really hold up. Not to mention the sales tax in the middle.

On the other hand, it could be argued that hoarding money for long periods of time stalls the economy and the taxation is paying your dues for doing so.

Well anything can be argued doesn't mean it's true.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 10:32 AM
Ya'll know there's a $5 1/2 million exclusion right?

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Probably still need it if we're ever going to pay down det debt. Are we still concerned about that now that Republicans control the whole government?

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Well anything can be argued doesn't mean it's true.
Of course

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Yeah which makes it funnier when people argue against it. Same people who hate the "tax cuts on the rich" labels fighting over a tax cut that literally would only affect the rich.

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Probably still need it if we're ever going to pay down det debt. Are we still concerned about that now that Republicans control the whole government?

Repugs have already said the $1.5T increase in national debt from their tax cuts doesn't matter, just like dickhead Cheney said 15 years ago.

sickdsm
09-25-2017, 11:26 AM
The less incentive there is to try and pass something on, the less incentive there is to build a business. After 50 most successful business owners are really well enough off that any expansion is for the next generation. Blur the lines between a financial success and a failure after retirementenough and it would likely stifle entrepreneurs

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 11:33 AM
The less incentive there is to try and pass something on, the less incentive there is to build a business. After 50 most successful business owners are really well enough off that any expansion is for the next generation. Blur the lines between a financial success and a failure after retirementenough and it would likely stifle entrepreneurs

the estate tax touches only very tiny percentage of Americans, and most of them are wealthy enough, if not smart enough, to minimize/avoid/evade estate taxes.

estate tax is a total NON problem for America. And the supposedly adored Founding Fathers were against primogeniture.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Yeah which makes it funnier when people argue against it. Same people who hate the "tax cuts on the rich" labels fighting over a tax cut that literally would only affect the rich.

Well that's why I mentioned it. Most of the time people arguing against it don't seem to understand they aren't affected by it. At the same time, I would argue that the exclusion is isn't high enough. Not allowing the very rich to just hand over their wealth without any taxes is something I can agree with but we shouldn't prevent not wealthy people from passing on family farms, ranches, small businesses. It's not in the best interest of our country long term.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 11:55 AM
The less incentive there is to try and pass something on, the less incentive there is to build a business. After 50 most successful business owners are really well enough off that any expansion is for the next generation. Blur the lines between a financial success and a failure after retirementenough and it would likely stifle entrepreneursThe estate tax has been high in the past. Is there actual evidence entrepreneurs just said "screw it" and took regular jobs?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 11:57 AM
The estate tax has been high in the past. Is there actual evidence entrepreneurs just said "screw it" and took regular jobs?

That's not what he said

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 11:58 AM
That's not what he saidWhat did he say then?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:03 PM
What did he say then?

Read it

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Well that's why I mentioned it. Most of the time people arguing against it don't seem to understand they aren't affected by it. At the same time, I would argue that the exclusion is isn't high enough. Not allowing the very rich to just hand over their wealth without any taxes is something I can agree with but we shouldn't prevent not wealthy people from passing on family farms, ranches, small businesses. It's not in the best interest of our country long term.
I don't know the industry well, admittedly, but if you own a ranch worth 5.5 million how could you be classified as anything but wealthy?

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 12:08 PM
The estate tax is fabricated bullshit with which the oligarchy inflames you rightwingnutjob assholes, and it works every fucking time.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Read itI did. What did he say? Explain it to me if I got it wrong.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:15 PM
I don't know the industry well, admittedly, but if you own a ranch worth 5.5 million how could you be classified as anything but wealthy?

If you owned a ranch that generates a net income of $200K/yr and the land purchased by your distant relatives is now valued at 10 million because of development around that property then you have to come up with 2 million in order to keep it in the family. That could be enough to lose the family ranch.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:17 PM
I did. What did he say? Explain it to me if I got it wrong.

He said...The less incentive there is to try and pass something on, the less incentive there is to build a business. After 50 most successful business owners are really well enough off that any expansion is for the next generation. Blur the lines between a financial success and a failure after retirementenough and it would likely stifle entrepreneurs.

I don't know how to explain english to you.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 12:20 PM
He said...The less incentive there is to try and pass something on, the less incentive there is to build a business. After 50 most successful business owners are really well enough off that any expansion is for the next generation. Blur the lines between a financial success and a failure after retirementenough and it would likely stifle entrepreneurs.

I don't know how to explain english to you.Yep, so he said entrepreneurs wouldn't build businesses and do something else. I asked if there is any evidence supporting this when the estate tax was high.

I can't understand the implications for you.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 12:21 PM
If you owned a ranch that generates a net income of $200K/yr and the land purchased by your distant relatives is now valued at 10 million because of development around that property then you have to come up with 2 million in order to keep it in the family. That could be enough to lose the family ranch.
If you own 10 million dollars worth of land I'm not really feeling sad for your financial situation. With that much equity and a ranch generating 200k no thanks to you, go get a loan.

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 12:26 PM
ranch now worth $10M?

for NO WORK earning that capital gains of $10M? :lol

again, how many ranches or family businesses are there in that or even similar situation?

most kids don't want to "keep in the family", want to get an education and go live in city.

it's all BULLSHIT, fabrications, hypotheticals, LIES from the WEALTHY oligarchy suckering You People, dictating what they want you to get inflamed about.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:28 PM
If you own 10 million dollars worth of land I'm not really feeling sad for your financial situation. With that much equity and a ranch generating 200k no thanks to you, go get a loan.

Or sell the ranch/business to corporate interests who can fire all the employees and streamline operations for maximum profits. Then boutons can protest the evil corporation.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm not really feeling sad for your financial situation.

It's always tough to discuss what qualifies as wealthy with broke people.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 12:34 PM
It's always tough to discuss what qualifies as wealthy with broke people.:lol always ends up with someone trying to big time other posters.

So someone who has just inherited land valued at $10 million is not wealthy?

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Yeah 10 million dollar property producing 200k per year is basically lower middle class.

You're our of touch with average Americans, this is why trump won

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 12:42 PM
It's painful to hand over a six-figure check to the IRS. I guess people don't care when it's OPM.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 12:44 PM
It's painful to hand over a six-figure check to the IRS. I guess people don't care when it's OPM.
Im sure it's painful when lottery winners pay taxes on their jackpot too.

I would certainly consider inheriting 10 mil of land with a built-in business generating income to be quite the lottery

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 12:46 PM
It's painful to hand over a six-figure check to the IRS. I guess people don't care when it's OPM.Yeah, you're big time. We get it.

Is someone who inherits property valued at $10 million not wealthy?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Yeah 10 million dollar property producing 200k per year is basically lower middle class.

Average Americans are struggling, this is why Trump won.

The part about keeping the family ranch/business functioning seems to have gone right over your head. Is it because I said $200K and that seems like so much money to you? Let's change it to nets $75k per year. Does that change your viewpoint or do you still think it is in the best interest of the country to force that son/daughter to sell off the family ranch/business?

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Average Americans are struggling, this is why Trump won.Is someone who inherits property valued at $10 million an average American? Is that person struggling?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:49 PM

I would certainly consider inheriting 10 mil of land with a built-in business generating income to be quite the lottery

Yeah your right. Everybody knows farmers and ranchers are living on easy street.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Average Americans are struggling, this is why Trump won.

The part about keeping the family ranch/business functioning seems to have gone right over your head. Is it because I said $200K and that seems like so much money to you? Let's change it to nets $75k per year. Does that change your viewpoint or do you still think it is in the best interest of the country to force that son/daughter to sell off the family ranch/business?
200k annually easily exceeds the average American. A household earning 200k per year is in the top 3-4%

The income was just a bonus. Somebody wins a 10 mil jackpot and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them paying tax on it? Gmafb

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 12:50 PM

the top quintile starts at less that less than $100K.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_States

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 12:51 PM

Yeah, I don't have a 10 mil ranch or lottery winnings. Mine was the payoff of 20+ years' work. I guess the IRS deserved a quarter of it.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Is someone who inherits property valued at $10 million an average American? Is that person struggling?

If they want to keep that property, pay taxes is on it every year, keep paying employees...yeah they could be.

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 12:52 PM
Property taxes on that would be astronomical.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 12:52 PM
Yeah your right. Everybody knows farmers and ranchers are living on easy street.
One who inherits a ranch valued at 10 million is in a pretty good spot

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 12:53 PM
If they want to keep that property, pay taxes is on it every year, keep paying employees...yeah they could be.If that person sells that property for several millions of dollars he won't be wealthy?

SnakeBoy
the top quintile starts at less that less than $100K.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_States

Like I said the average American is struggling. We've been through this before. Liberals on this board think median income is is the same as middle class...I don't.

spurraider21
Yeah, I don't have a 10 mil ranch or lottery winnings. Mine was the payoff of 20+ years' work. I guess the IRS deserved a quarter of it.
What was the value of your inheritance?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:54 PM
If that person sells that property for several millions of dollars he won't be wealthy?

Damn Chump do not read or do you just have poor comprehension?

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Like I said the average American is struggling. We've been through this before. Liberals on this board think median income is is the same as middle class...I don't.OK, what is your definition of middle class?

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Damn Chump do not read or do you just have poor comprehension?Just answer the question with a yes or no. It will take fewer keystrokes than whining.

If that person sells the property for several millions of dollars he won't be wealthy?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:56 PM
If you inherited a $ 10 million dollar ranch what would you do

Sell it or raise cattle on it?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 12:58 PM
One who inherits a ranch valued at 10 million is in a pretty good spot

If they sell it

SpursforSix
09-25-2017, 01:01 PM
Inherently, I think it's wrong. If someone chooses to save their money for their kids, then that should be their right. And giving that money to the government doesn't insure that anything productive gets done with it anyway.

That being said, the threshold is so high that it's not going to put anyone's heirs (most anyway) at a significant disadvantage. Not to mention that plenty of the wealthy have been able to take advantage of tax benefits that most cannot.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 01:01 PM
If they sell it
And someone who inherits cash is only comfortable when they use it

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 01:11 PM
OK, what is your definition of middle class?

Income sufficient to live a middle class lifestyle (decent home, car, lifestyle) without debt and accumulate enough money to continue that lifestyle throughout retirement.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 01:17 PM
And someone who inherits cash is only comfortable when they use it

Damn, ya'll always get so triggered by a couple hundred thousand per year or a few million in the bank. It's sooo much money :cry

It's not.

So try to stay with the original point

At the same time, I would argue that the exclusion is isn't high enough. Not allowing the very rich to just hand over their wealth without any taxes is something I can agree with but we shouldn't prevent not wealthy people from passing on family farms, ranches, small businesses. It's not in the best interest of our country long term.

Do you think it is in the best interest of the country to encourage people to sell off viable small businesses and eliminate those jobs so the govt can get a little bit more money?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Property taxes on that would be astronomical.

Nah...Ag exemptions. Wouldn't be cheap but not astronomical.

Spurminator
09-25-2017, 01:22 PM
My preference would be to only tax on the sale of that land.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Damn, ya'll always get so triggered by a couple hundred thousand per year or a few million in the bank. It's sooo much money :cry

It's not.
And you're out of touch with average Americans and the middle class. Too busy waiving your prick around. A few million bucks? Child's play!

So try to stay with the original point

Do you think it is in the best interest of the country to encourage people to sell off viable small businesses and eliminate those jobs so the govt can get a little bit more money?I think it's perfectly in line with lottery winners. Except with a 5.5 million dollar exemption that can effectively double if a husband and wife split it into two trusts, each benefitting from its own 5.5 mil exemption

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 01:29 PM

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 01:39 PM
And you're out of touch with average Americans and the middle class. Too busy waiving your prick around. A few million bucks? Child's play!

How much do you think you will need for a good retirement?

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 01:44 PM
How much do you think you will need for a good retirement?
Depends on a lot of factors.

Where do I live?

Do I own a home mortgage free?

How old am I when I retire?

How old am I when my wife retires?

Do I care about world travel by that age?

Do I have expensive hobbies at that age?

Do I have other income coming in? Property rentals, etc.

Did I work a government job long enough (public defender, for example) to the point where I get a pension?

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Depends on a lot of factors.

Where do I live?

Do I own a home mortgage free?

How old am I when I retire?

How old am I when my wife retires?

Do I care about world travel by that age?

Do I have expensive hobbies at that age?Sitting on a $10 million ranch til you die good.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Gotta love the liberal mind. :cry Fuck those lottery family farms and ranches. :cry corporate agriculture is so evil monsanto gmo's...

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Gotta love the liberal mind. :cry Fuck those lottery family farms and ranches. :cry corporate agriculture is so evil monsanto gmo's...
I don't remember complaining about gmos or Monsanto tbh. Fantastic straw man tho.

:lol keep it on topic

I'm just ok with estate taxes given the huge exemption(s). You think people inheriting 11 million dollar ranches are lower class peasants who can't afford to pay taxes.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Gotta love the liberal mind. :cry Fuck those lottery family farms and ranches. :cry corporate agriculture is so evil monsanto gmo's...Family farms and ranches are all 100% certified organic?

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 02:04 PM
I don't remember complaining about gmos or Monsanto tbh. Fantastic straw man tho.

:lol keep it on topic

I'm just ok with estate taxes given the huge exemption(s). You think people inheriting 11 million dollar ranches are lower class peasants who can't afford to pay taxes.

So your ok with a 5 million exemption but not more. Why 5 million? why not less? Doesn't 5 million count as winning the lottery?

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 02:05 PM

$0

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 02:07 PM
$0

So then why bring this up

During a conversation on estate taxes

sickdsm
09-25-2017, 04:12 PM
For shits and giggles.

$10 m in farmland
2000 acres x $5000
half corn and soybeans
Combine and headers alone will run almost 3/4 of a million right there.

Your looking at $2-3 million in machinery
Need some bins and sheds, another half a million to a million.

I pay sales tax on all that machinery. Health insurance another $20g.

You don't have much margin of error on a large decision. The engine alone on a combine or tractor will run north of $60k.

Lets say you have to come up with $4m just to enter the game, assuming inheriting $10 m in land. What's your motivation to build an operation? Inflation alone will push you out into major tax area when your ready to retire. That $200k net? Your not continuing to farm/ranch without a lot of extra capitol. Even if you were, you need to expand at least 5% every year to remain competitive.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 04:49 PM
For shits and giggles.

$10 m in farmland
2000 acres x $5000
half corn and soybeans

You don't have much margin of error on a large decision. The engine alone on a combine or tractor will run north of $60k.

Lets say you have to come up with $4m just to enter the game, assuming inheriting $10 m in land. What's your motivation to build an operation? Inflation alone will push you out into major tax area when your ready to retire. That $200k net? Your not continuing to farm/ranch without a lot of extra capitol. Even if you were, you need to expand at least 5% every year to remain competitive.

IDK shit about farming/ranching so my numbers were just made up to make the point that a 40% estate tax can be the end of a family ranch/farm. Instead they just saw it as "That's rich!".

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 04:51 PM
For shits and giggles.

$10 m in farmland
2000 acres x $5000
half corn and soybeans

Lets say you have to come up with $4m just to enter the game, assuming inheriting $10 m in land. What's your motivation to build an operation? Inflation alone will push you out into major tax area when your ready to retire. That $200k net? Your not continuing to farm/ranch without a lot of extra capitol. Even if you were, you need to expand at least 5% every year to remain competitive.Hopefully you can get the federal government to pay you to not grow or raise anything.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 04:55 PM
IDK shit about farming/ranching so my numbers were just made up to make the point that a 40% estate tax can be the end of a family ranch/farm. Instead they just saw it as "That's rich!".
I would tend to believe a family with a ranch/farm worth over 11 million dollars can probably afford the estate tax on that excess amount

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 05:07 PM
I would tend to believe a family with a ranch/farm worth over 11 million dollars can probably afford the estate tax on that excess amount

No reason to argue anymore. Apparently the govt already has put enough loopholes in place that nobody actually pays the 40%.

https://www.cbpp.org/sites/default/files/atoms/files/5-5-17tax_f2.png

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 05:12 PM

they can afford an estate tax advisor to minimize/avoid/evade taxes.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 05:23 PM
No reason to argue anymore. Apparently the govt already has put enough loopholes in place that nobody actually pays the 40%.

https://www.cbpp.org/sites/default/files/atoms/files/5-5-17tax_f2.png
That's not a loophole. Read the fine print. That's exactly what my last post said. You only pay the taxes on the excess amount. If you have a 5.5 mil exemption on a 6 mil property, you're only paying tax on 0.5 mil. It's basic math. So a family with a 12 million dollar ranch is really going to pay tax on about 1 mil (assuming husband and wife each put half the ranch in individual trusts, each with their own 5.5 exemption)

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 05:33 PM
That's not a loophole. Read the fine print. That's exactly what my last post said. You only pay the taxes on the excess amount. If you have a 5.5 mil exemption on a 6 mil property, you're only paying tax on 0.5 mil. It's basic math. So a family with a 12 million dollar ranch is really going to pay tax on about 1 mil (assuming husband and wife each put half the ranch in individual trusts, each with their own 5.5 exemption)

No there are loopholes
https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/ten-facts-you-should-know-about-the-federal-estate-tax

As well as...

Over the years, a number of targeted provisions have been enacted to reduce the burden of the estate tax on farms and small business owners. These include a special provision that allows farm real estate to be valued at farm-use value rather than at its fair-market value, and an installment payment provision. A provision aimed at encouraging farmers and other landowners to donate an easement or other restriction on development has also provided additional estate tax savings. Together, these provisions have reduced the potential impact of estate taxes on the transfer of a farm or other small business to the next generation.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 05:39 PM
I didn't say loopholes don't exist. Your own graphic said the "excess" principle is the main reason the effective rate is so low

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 05:51 PM
I didn't say loopholes don't exist. Your own graphic said the "excess" principle is the main reason the effective rate is so low

lol now your trying to argue still.

I said I would support a higher exemption to avoid people losing family owned farms/ranches businesses to estate taxes. Apparently there no need to raise the exemption because there are already plenty of programs/provisions to prevent that from happening.

That was the original point before you started getting all triggered by dollar amounts and started in with the "rich" "lottery winners" "you're out of touch with the workin man". Btw, that's was a good one coming from the guy who complains he can hear his dad listening to Fox news through the wall of his room.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 05:56 PM
lol now your trying to argue still.

I said I would support a higher exemption to avoid people losing family owned farms/ranches businesses to estate taxes. Apparently there no need to raise the exemption because there are already plenty of programs/provisions to prevent that from happening.

That was the original point before you started getting all triggered by dollar amounts and started in with the "rich" "lottery winners" "you're out of touch with the workin man". Btw, that's was a good one coming from the guy who complains he can hear his dad listening to Fox news through the wall of his room.
:lol Apparently we disagree as to what qualifies as wealthy. I was willing to look at percentiles. You never really gave your idea of what middle class or wealthy means. I'm willing to say people that own an 11+ million dollar property are wealthy. You've refused to draw a line and just call me triggered instead of doing so. It's just prick waiving from you. Oh, you think millionaires are wealthy? That's adorable!

And yeah, I lived with my folks until I took the bar exam this past July. I don't know why you'd throw that out as something I should have been ashamed of.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 06:23 PM
:lol Apparently we disagree as to what qualifies as wealthy.

You're still missing the original point (not losing family owned...) which was never about dollar amounts. You and Chump went off on that topic just because of my example pulled out of thin air.

And yeah, I lived with my folks until I took the bar exam this past July. I don't know why you'd throw that out as something I should have been ashamed of.

I don't think you should be ashamed of it. I would have done that too if I had been that privileged but I had to get a job and pay rent after high school. That's probably the reason I'm not as in touch with the average man as you are.

Not sure where your getting the prick waving thing from, nowhere did I mention my personal financial situation. Now that your going to work as a lawyer I'll go ahead and make the prediction that someday you're going to think "damn a million dollars isn't as much as I thought it was"... well unless your an unsuccessful lawyer, then you'll still be all "man if I had a million dollars...".

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 06:29 PM
Not sure where your getting the prick waving thing from:lmao

Will Hunting
09-25-2017, 06:30 PM

No, most people don't.

Will Hunting
09-25-2017, 06:37 PM
For shits and giggles.

$10 m in farmland
2000 acres x $5000
half corn and soybeans

Any estate lawyer with some semblance of intelligence would be able to shield this scenario from the estate tax completely.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 06:41 PM
:lol

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 06:46 PM

Your a student living at home with your parents. That's not broke?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 06:51 PM
It's weird how much being a democrat has changed. Protecting family farmers/ranchers used to be owned by the Democrats now it's fuck those people. Blue collar workers...fuck those people.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Anyone in the medical field...fuck those people I want single payer.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Your a student living at home with your parents. That's not broke?
Not since July. Moved in with fiance once I took the bar and went back to work.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 08:17 PM

Good for you, I didn't know that. Anyways it's not dick waving to think your not all that in tune with what constitutes a lot of money when you think with a $200K salary just go get a $2million loan to pay the estate tax. You can go do the math on how that works out if you want. $200k isn't as much as you seem to think it is.

sickdsm
09-25-2017, 08:37 PM
Any estate lawyer with some semblance of intelligence would be able to shield this scenario from the estate tax completely.

Lots of money is being spent on estate lawyers in agriculture. I'm not old enough to be agressive in my situation yet but you're telling me that if I have one child i could pass a what, $25M operation without paying a cent in estate tax?

sickdsm
09-25-2017, 08:41 PM
Hopefully you can get the federal government to pay you to not grow or raise anything.

Federal govt is grain farmers number one competitor. I lost 10% of my acres to them in the last two years. Taxpayers pay 150% of top rental rates so hunters can shoot birds on it.

Chucho
09-25-2017, 09:03 PM
God damnit, why? Takes one zinger out of my arsenal.
#jkCongrats

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 11:25 PM
Good for you, I didn't know that. Anyways it's not dick waving to think your not all that in tune with what constitutes a lot of money when you think with a $200K salary just go get a $2million loan to pay the estate tax. You can go do the math on how that works out if you want. $200k isn't as much as you seem to think it is.
You forgot having 11 million in equity. Not just the income

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 11:26 PM
God damnit, why? Takes one zinger out of my arsenal.
#jkCongrats
Getting married on Saturday tbh

Will Hunting
09-25-2017, 11:36 PM
Lots of money is being spent on estate lawyers in agriculture. I'm not old enough to be agressive in my situation yet but you're telling me that if I have one child i could pass a what, $25M operation without paying a cent in estate tax?
Absolutely, but it requires several decades of planning.

Chucho
09-25-2017, 11:46 PM

Congrats!

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 11:46 PM
You forgot having 11 million in equity. Not just the income

Equity doesn't pay the loan. Do the math.

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 11:48 PM
Equity doesn't pay the loan. Do the math.
Equity can certainly help qualify

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 11:49 PM
Equity can certainly help qualify

Do the math.

CosmicCowboy
09-27-2017, 06:30 PM

/end thread

CosmicCowboy
09-27-2017, 06:48 PM
Federal govt is grain farmers number one competitor. I lost 10% of my acres to them in the last two years. Taxpayers pay 150% of top rental rates so hunters can shoot birds on it.
You should be planting black oil sunflowers too. Costs about $100 an acre start to finish deductible. Cash business, $150 a day per head. Sammy was hunting about 6000 a year before he sold out to mccombs/Pachanga.

rmt
09-27-2017, 08:08 PM

Congratulations!

DarrinS
09-27-2017, 10:01 PM

Congrats man!

baseline bum
09-27-2017, 10:08 PM

Congrats bro.

SnakeBoy
09-27-2017, 10:20 PM

I completely missed this post in my effort to win the internet :lol.

Congratulations!

Just remember that if she ever cucks you, we are all here to offer you compassion and comfort. All you have to do is confide in us.

spurraider21
09-27-2017, 10:22 PM

Congratulations!

Just remember that if she ever cucks you, we are all here to offer you compassion and comfort. All you have to do is confide in us.
yeah i've heard from reliable sources that ST is the best place to air out your personal problems

ElNono
09-28-2017, 12:03 AM

condolences, tbh

DarrinS
09-28-2017, 08:24 AM
condolences, tbh

spurraider21
09-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Congrats!

Congratulations!

Congrats man!

Congrats bro.

Congratulations!

:bobo

condolences, tbh

baseline bum
09-28-2017, 02:39 PM
condolences, tbh

He's not marrying Mexican though, so she won't be fat with three kids at 17.

vy65
09-28-2017, 02:42 PM

I'll eat some tchoreg and have an arak or two in your honor

RandomGuy
09-28-2017, 03:47 PM

Why let spoiled rich kids with a sense of entitlement, whose parents were horrible tax planners have more money?

You do know there is a floor that eliminates the taxes for the vast majority of people, right?

boutons_deux
09-28-2017, 03:50 PM
in the Repug tax cut thread, wapo gives numbers about the estate tax that destroys this fabricated oligarchy talking point

TeyshaBlue
09-28-2017, 03:58 PM
Start drinking now.

Heavily.

ducks
09-28-2017, 04:37 PM
they can afford an estate tax advisor to minimize/avoid/evade taxes.
says who they might have $1000 .oo in the bank before they inhertiated that

ducks
09-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Start drinking now.

Heavily.
so he can be passed out on day of wedding ?

ducks
09-28-2017, 04:38 PM

kids are deductions until they turn 17 then they can not work much labor laws but they are suppose to pay you room and mode

ducks
09-28-2017, 04:39 PM
He's not marrying Mexican though, so she won't be fat with three kids at 17.

so only Mexican can do that not Chinese or American or any other race:ihit

Chucho
09-28-2017, 04:44 PM
so only Mexican can do that not Chinese or American or any other race:ihit

colored men marry fat white women, but generally white women get fat after they're 17.

colored women will squeeze out 3 bastards by 17, but don't get fat... most of the time. And don't get married to any three of those baby daddies.

chinese don't have more than 1-2 kids, typically in their 30s, unless they own a dry cleaners or restaurant for they need to staff.

So no, only Mexicans is a fair assessment in this case.