PDA

View Full Version : A player in training camp that you never heard off..Amidah Birmah is a spur.

apalisoc_9
09-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Who is this nikka?

7'0 Center from Ghana and he is the 4th big in training camp. hmmm

Just saw the roster and I dont think there was any news about him.

RCs way of combatting Superteams?

duncan2150
09-25-2017, 10:32 AM
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/amida-brimah-1.html

Looks like a really good shotblocker

Truth4sale$
09-25-2017, 10:39 AM
Nice potential development player for the Gleague. He was a former ACC defensive player of the year. Needs to develop a offensive game.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Amida-Brimah-7286/

ceperez
09-25-2017, 10:56 AM
7'6 ˝" wingspan... 6'10" player....

jyra
09-25-2017, 11:17 AM

I'm more surprised at the fact that there are only 19 players. Not sure why they didn't just call up some random G-League player to fill the roster.

SAGirl
09-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Hmmmm Jyra good point. Maybe hoping to get a veteran to push the others a la Rasual Butler? Maybe Lee? I have no idea if he's signed anywhere.

Joseph Kony
09-25-2017, 12:37 PM

I'm more surprised at the fact that there are only 19 players. Not sure why they didn't just call up some random G-League player to fill the roster.
Waiting to sign Wade tbh

bic50
09-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Franchise player

DAF86
09-25-2017, 01:40 PM

I haven't been keeping up much. The fuck happened to Blossomgame?

apalisoc_9
09-25-2017, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=jyra;9144855]912331147123798018

He looked decent in Summer league.

Meanwhile spurs signing scrubs like costello...What

DAF86
09-25-2017, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=DAF86;9144982]

He looked decent in Summer league.

Meanwhile spurs signing scrubs like costello...What

So he's not with the team anymore?

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Blossomgame is going straight to Austin.

jyra
09-25-2017, 01:47 PM

There were conflicting reports but apparently he signed a regular G-League contract.

Clearing the air on Jaron Blossomgame. Reports on him doing a two-way contract are inaccurate. Blossomgame will be in Austin next season, but on a standard G-League contract I'm told. This is the same type of deal as what happened with Cady Lalanne after the Spurs took him in the second round in 2015.

apalisoc_9
09-25-2017, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=apalisoc_9;9144988]

So he's not with the team anymore?

Austin bound.

if i am not mistaken, without a two-way contract..He can be had easily by other teams.

I don't know what the guys was watching but he looked good in Summer league.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Austin bound.

if i am not mistaken, without a two-way contract..He can be had easily by other teams.Spurs still have draft rights.

apalisoc_9
09-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Spurs still have draft rights.

I missed that.

thanks.

cutewizard
09-25-2017, 06:59 PM
:bobo

John B
09-27-2017, 03:39 AM
Dedmon 2 with better outside shooting. His favorite players to watch are Gobert and Capela. Ridiculous wingspan. I like his potential for an athletic big who has nose for rebound and blocking shots. I hope that it works out for him. Spurs are certainly thin in the middle.

Maddog
09-27-2017, 06:18 AM
His length is intriguing.
However not much else there. Doesn't rebound well. Fouls a lot. Did not improve substantially in 4 years of college.
I suspect will be gone soon.

Poolboy5623
09-27-2017, 09:48 AM
The Pistons can sign him in 1-2 years tbh..

TimDunkem
09-27-2017, 01:38 PM
He'll be one of the first players cut.

raybies
09-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Followed him his last year in UConn. He's an athletic freak but really skinny. But he can get up... Excellent shot blocker and has great length. Hope he gets to Austin. Would love to have a prospect big on that roster finally.

ElNono
09-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Who is this nikka?

7'0 Center from Ghana and he is the 4th big in training camp. hmmm

Just saw the roster and I dont think there was any news about him.

RCs way of combatting Superteams?

Maybe it's another of RC's sons, tbh?

Seventyniner
09-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Followed him his last year in UConn. He's an athletic freak but really skinny. But he can get up... Excellent shot blocker and has great length. Hope he gets to Austin. Would love to have a prospect big on that roster finally.

Anything like Hassan Whiteside at Marshall? I didn't watch Whiteside there btw, just remembered that he had ridiculously high shot-block numbers and not much else.

raybies
09-28-2017, 09:02 AM
Anything like Hassan Whiteside at Marshall? I didn't watch Whiteside there btw, just remembered that he had ridiculously high shot-block numbers and not much else.
nah, he doesn't have the raw talent of Hassan.

bigfan
09-28-2017, 09:02 AM
Seems smart and reasonably athletic, who knows?

Seventyniner
09-28-2017, 10:32 AM
nah, he doesn't have the raw talent of Hassan.

Makes sense, at least Whiteside was drafted.

ace3g
09-28-2017, 06:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK1-8AfWAAEylE3.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK2AkmRWAAEcD83.jpg:large

Seventyniner
09-29-2017, 08:08 AM
Those tiny numbers are terrible, not sure why I didn't notice it before.

xellos88330
09-29-2017, 08:48 AM
I like how he runs the floor. If the Spurs are looking to run, then this guy could provide a great change of pace. From what I have seen he is pretty damn fast end to end.

SPURt
09-29-2017, 09:08 AM

How nice, I love the make a wish foundation!

SilverSpur
10-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Rather have David Lee back

raybies
10-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Nah, brimah has Dedmon potential without the attitude problems

SAGirl
10-03-2017, 12:47 PM
fleet of foot.... was beating guys down the court a couple of times.

illusioNtEk
10-03-2017, 12:55 PM
This guy
LMA
GAY
KL
DJ

Starting 5

Seventyniner
10-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Poor man's Mahinmi. Which could still be eventually serviceable as a 5th/6th big.

John B
10-03-2017, 06:46 PM
I think this guy would be better. He likes to outrun everybody and block shots. At UConn he outrun everybody when the team had a run one day, outrunning even the guards. One of his workout highlights had him sinking basket after basket impressively. I hope Spurs try to work him out. He could be this year feelgood story coming undrafted and all

SAGirl
10-03-2017, 06:53 PM
I think this guy would be better. He likes to outrun everybody and block shots. At UConn he outrun everybody when the team had a run one day, outrunning even the guards. One of his workout highlights had him sinking basket after basket impressively. I hope Spurs try to work him out. He could be this year feelgood story coming undrafted and all
To me... if they wanted him, I'd say Brandon Paul needs to show something. They have similar players as him in White and Forbes. He's not taller than White or a better shooter than Forbes and hasn't shown much so far.
I thought personally that the Spurs were set with the roster they had put together, but seeing Pop run so many 2 big lineups makes me think they might indeed want to pick an additional one. They already have a pretty good shooter with poor defense in Bertans, and Joff is skilled offensively but defensive maverick he is not. Birmah does offer something different. He could develop some.

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2018, 02:13 PM

Leading the G-League in blocks. Bring the guy over to the main roster and cut Joff

Chinook
01-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Not paying Joff $3 Million to go away. Trading Joff and say Paul for a $3-4 Million player and then bringing up Brimah would be a different story, however.

objective
01-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Not paying Joff $3 Million to go away. Trading Joff and say Paul for a $3-4 Million player and then bringing up Brimah would be a different story, however.

Joffrey, Paul & a second for Noel works. Noel is still hurt and a bufoonish guy, but better to have his bird rights just in case while getting away from Joffrey. Sign Brimah to the empty roster spot.

phxspurfan
01-29-2018, 03:28 PM
Joffrey, Paul & a second for Noel works. Noel is still hurt and a bufoonish guy, but better to have his bird rights just in case while getting away from Joffrey. Sign Brimah to the empty roster spot.

it works, but why would Cuban do that?

objective
01-29-2018, 03:32 PM
it works, but why would Cuban do that?

They aren't keeping Noel. They get back a second. They have an open roster spot if they don't keep Collinsworth past his 10 days.

Maybe someone else offers up a second, but maybe not.

If there's no trade Noel might get a buy out and be free to join Cleveland and be happy. If he's traded to the Spurs he'll probably be miserable under Pop, which could make Cuban smile.

Before he was even hurt, Noel hadn't played more than 5:35 in a game since November 4th. He's a goner there. Getting a second out of it is better than watching him go play with Lebron.

phxspurfan
01-29-2018, 03:40 PM
They aren't keeping Noel. They get back a second. They have an open roster spot if they don't keep Collinsworth past his 10 days.

Maybe someone else offers up a second, but maybe not.

If there's no trade Noel might get a buy out and be free to join Cleveland and be happy. If he's traded to the Spurs he'll probably be miserable under Pop, which could make Cuban smile.

Before he was even hurt, Noel hadn't played more than 5:35 in a game since November 4th. He's a goner there. Getting a second out of it is better than watching him go play with Lebron.

what's wrong with going to play with LeBron (especially if you're a scrub like Noel)? I have no problem with it. LeBron will probably rescue the kid's career, while Pop will bury him like you said. It's not like he was a former MVP, all-world talent that went to the team that just beat him in the playoffs because he was too scared to play them again.

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Talking about the Mavs, they have a diamond in their hands in Johnathan Motley. I wanted him in the 2nd round but we went with Blossomgame for no reason.

Can players on 2-way contracts be traded?

objective
01-29-2018, 03:42 PM
what's wrong with going to play with LeBron (especially if you're a scrub like Noel)? I have no problem with it. LeBron will probably rescue the kid's career, while Pop will bury him like you said. It's not like he was a former MVP, all-world talent that went to the team that just beat him in the playoffs because he was too scared to play them again.

I'm saying that Cuban wouldn't want to see Noel happy and rewarded by getting to play with Lebron. Noel's agent now is Rich Paul.

But would rather see him stuck in Pop's doghouse.

Chinook
01-29-2018, 04:32 PM

Noel is on a one-year deal. Only Dallas can have his Bird rights.

Chinook
01-29-2018, 04:33 PM
Talking about the Mavs, they have a diamond in their hands in Johnathan Motley. I wanted him in the 2nd round but we went with Blossomgame for no reason.

Can players on 2-way contracts be traded?

They can. Count as min contracts for salary purposes.

objective
01-29-2018, 04:38 PM
Noel is on a one-year deal. Only Dallas can have his Bird rights.

Sorry, I meant caphold. His caphold is 7.9, nearly the mid-level. Higher than a taxpayer's MLE like in Cleveland if Lebron stays, and higher than the room exception for a team that signs Lebron under the cap like the lakers.

They'd still have his caphold right? Then they could still use the MLE if they operate as an over the cap team and keep Noel, who I would be surprised at getting a full MLE deal.

Chinook
01-29-2018, 04:49 PM
Sorry, I meant caphold. His caphold is 7.9, nearly the mid-level. Higher than a taxpayer's MLE like in Cleveland if Lebron stays, and higher than the room exception for a team that signs Lebron under the cap like the lakers.

They'd still have his caphold right? Then they could still use the MLE if they operate as an over the cap team and keep Noel, who I would be surprised at getting a full MLE deal.

A cap hold isn't a positive thing to have. It's just there. What the team would have are Noel's non-Bird rights which despite the name are a type of Bird rights and what the team used to re-up Pau last summer. They'd be able to sign him to a deal starting at anything up to 120 percent of his current salary, so a bit more than $5 Million. In a positive, his cap hold is smaller than you projected because SA wouldn't have his Bird rights. But we're talking room-exception money here. It's possibly still enough to keep him given what has happened with his stock this year.

wildbill2u
01-29-2018, 05:03 PM
He's playing at about the level of Livio Jean Paul on offense, but leads the Austin spurs in rebounding and blocks. Haven't seen him play but that may indicate he's able to outplay LJP on defense. Of course, that wouldn't take much. Be nice if the Spurs brought him up for a short time to reward him for hard work.

Pavlov
01-29-2018, 05:11 PM
He's playing at about the level of Livio Jean Paul on offense, but leads the Austin spurs in rebounding and blocks. Haven't seen him play but that may indicate he's able to outplay LJP on defense. Of course, that wouldn't take much. Be nice if the Spurs brought him up for a short time to reward him for hard work.Costello is actually leading the team in rebounds and almost has as many blocks. I like how Brimah is developing but let's not go full Mensah-Bonsu on the guy. We'd probably be discussing Costello as much had he not missed a third of his games.

objective
01-29-2018, 06:48 PM
A cap hold isn't a positive thing to have. It's just there. What the team would have are Noel's non-Bird rights which despite the name are a type of Bird rights and what the team used to re-up Pau last summer. They'd be able to sign him to a deal starting at anything up to 120 percent of his current salary, so a bit more than $5 Million. In a positive, his cap hold is smaller than you projected because SA wouldn't have his Bird rights. But we're talking room-exception money here. It's possibly still enough to keep him given what has happened with his stock this year.

You are right, but I think $5 million could get it done considering how toxic he's been combined with the injuries. Anything that could both be a lottery ticket to improve the roster while also preserving the MLE sounds good to me.

Spurs have a good relationship with Rich Paul as far as I can tell, they let Joseph off his restricted QO, and things with Murray have been good so far. He might see the value in keeping him with the Spurs and developing in the short term to be ready for a big deal when Pau is gone if he develops.

BackHome
01-29-2018, 11:15 PM
I was worried about him at the beginning of the season he wasn’t getting much playing but that has slowly changed. One huge reason we could see his numbers go up is that White does a great job of getting into the paint and handing nice passes for easy dunks. Well I shouldn’t say easy as you know how many Spurs players have screwed that up Errors , Paul ext. I agree he is going to need another year of gaining muscle him and Murray better be lifting pals this whole summer. Take some damn protein shakes and Creatin for Gods sake. But I think he can make the team as far as getting some playing time next season I do love his blocking ability

i would also also have to say that Castillo has played good and is a better rebounder and in all honesty he is better then LVg. The only problem he has is his height I think he is 6”9 or “10. Which is to small for a center.