PDA

View Full Version : Alejandro Villanueva has top-selling NFL jersey

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 04:04 PM
https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2017/09/25/Steelers-Alejandro-Villanueva-has-top-selling-jersey-after-standing-for-anthem/1931506360135/

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 04:09 PM
Ultimate troll job if he kneels next week tbh

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 04:12 PM
To protest the NFL for allowing the Kaepernick style protests, NFL fans are buying $100 NFL jerseys of a guy who said Kaepernick is brave.

Spurminator
The boycott seems to be going well.

Splits
Fuckin' racist right OP reps are tripping all over demselves

Trump's NFL attacks set record on Breitbart

After breaking with him on other issues, Trump's alt-right media supporters rally around his criticism of football protests.

By JASON SCHWARTZ 09/25/2017 01:53 PM EDT

President Donald Trump’s repeated broadsides against professional athletes dominated the news over the weekend, with pundits from ESPN to CNN to Fox News questioning the wisdom of his statements. But the story was sharply different on leading right-wing news sites, where Trump’s attacks on players like Stephen Curry and Colin Kaepernick received not just huge attention but acclaim.

Breitbart Editor-in-Chief Alexander Marlow said metrics indicated that a Sunday morning post on the topic by the site’s Facebook account had greater reach than any post in Breitbart history.

“There is an unbelievable amount of interest,” Marlow said on Sunday night. “I’m looking at my 10 or 11 top stories now, and maybe 7 of them are NFL related.”

“This is the radicalization of the NFL right now,” he said. “It's being encouraged by the media, it's being encouraged by Hollywood and I don’t think that people, at least if the comments and the phone calls to Breitbart are any reflection, I don’t think they like it. They just want neutrality, they don’t want politics in football games.”

With the president facing potential setbacks on a number of fronts, his seemingly out of the blue call for protesting athletes to lose their jobs represents the type of cultural issue capable of rallying his conservative base. Breitbart has opposed the president with greater frequency of late—particularly in Alabama’s senate special election—so the NFL issue provided an opportunity for Trump to remind supporters of why they like him.

The Alabama election may have received the top headline spot on Breitbart for much of Sunday, but as games rolled on throughout the day, from the Ravens and Jaguars’ morning kickoff in London through the Washington-Oakland tilt in primetime, Breitbart’s homepage was loaded with NFL stories. One typical headline read: “NFL snowflakes melt: coaches and owners join massive anti-Trump protest—in U.K.”

The story had nearly 33,000 comments as of early Monday afternoon, tens of thousands more than any other non-sports related story currently on the site’s homepage.

“A lot of people know Andrew Breitbart for his quote, politics is downstream from culture, so the cultural issues that fold in the politics tend to be utterly explosive in terms of the interest level from our readers,” Marlow said.

That level of interest appeared to be consistent across other right-leaning sites. The issue received top billing on Drudge Report, Infowars and The Daily Caller, where the lead story most of the day focused on Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served in Afghanistan and was the only Pittsburgh Steeler to emerge from the locker room for the national anthem.

Five of The Daily Caller’s top 10 stories were NFL related, according to Geoffrey Ingersoll, the site’s editor-in-chief. He believed the NFL story attracted readers simply because of its news value, but also because, “I think we've seen a steady encroachment of politics into once pristine places. This creep has been occurring in sports for a long time, and it seems to be hitting a crescendo of sorts.”

Villanueva’s story—with its military connections—was featured prominently on other sites, like The Gateway Pundit, as well. The site also ran headlines, including: “UNREAL. NFL Players stand for “God save the Queen” and kneel for US National Anthem in London” and “President Trump continues to slam anti-cop NFL for allowing players to disrespect flag and country.”

“Our readers are very upset about these continued anthem protests,” emailed Jim Hoft, the founder of The Gateway Pundit. “It is all people talked about.” :lmao triggered snowflakes
Marlow said that whenever Breitbart covers the protests by NFL players on its website or Sirius radio shows, no topic elicits more comments or call-ins. Social media engagement over the weekend was also through the roof.

The text of the Breitbart Facebook post that went viral reads: “Dear NFL: We will not support millionaire ingrates who hate America and disrespect our Armed Forces and Veterans. Who wins a football game has ZERO impact on our lives. Who fights for and defends our nation has EVERY impact on our lives. We stand with the Heroes, not a bunch of rich, entitled, arrogant, ungrateful, anti-American degenerates. Signed, We the People.” :lmao holy shit

As of Monday afternoon, the post had racked up more than half a million shares, more than 260,000 reactions, and 21,000 comments.

Marlow believes that his audience’s strong reaction is driven by a desire to see sports and politics clearly separated from each other. “So much of America is politicized,” he said, “why sports too? And that's the question that the audience is asking most right now.”

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 04:14 PM
:lmao Villanueva doesn't get a penny of those jersey sales. It all goes to support the league you dumbfucks are supposed to be boycotting.

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 04:16 PM
"millionaire ingrates"

aka

uppity knitters who need to get back down in place and keep bowing to The Man and his murderous polices forces.

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 04:38 PM
"millionaire ingrates"

aka

uppity knitters who need to get back down in place and keep bowing to The Man and his murderous polices forces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ#t=0m52s

Spurminator
09-25-2017, 04:43 PM

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 04:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ#t=0m52s

Off topic but why is CK the only white man in the country that's allowed to say ****** without anyone caring.

Trill Clinton
09-25-2017, 04:47 PM

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 04:47 PM

:lmao

spurraider21
09-25-2017, 04:48 PM
Soon to be top returned jersey

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 04:50 PM

912424389311950848This is the same kind of empathy and self-examination that make Trump the greatest president in US history.

Trill Clinton
09-25-2017, 04:52 PM
poor guy

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 04:53 PM
He knew exactly what he was doing. They're going to spin it as some unintentional mistake, but he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. Too bad he's too chickenshit to stand by it, I'd respect that a lot more.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 04:57 PM

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 04:59 PM

:lol and somehow he "accidentally" walked out just far enough to get all the attention.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 05:00 PM
912075950048911365:lmao Why didn't they just all go out to midfield and worship Trump?

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 05:03 PM

Sounds like Mike Tomlin gave him a good talking to.

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 05:05 PM
He knew exactly what he was doing. They're going to spin it as some unintentional mistake, but he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. Too bad he's too chickenshit to stand by it, I'd respect that a lot more.

What is it you think he was doing?

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Sounds like Mike Tomlin gave him a good talking to.Yeah, the black man must've threatened him.

baseline bum
09-25-2017, 05:06 PM
Off topic but why is CK the only white man in the country that's allowed to say ****** without anyone caring.

He's a Mexican

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 05:07 PM
Yeah, the coach must've lectured him.

fify

Splits
09-25-2017, 05:07 PM
Sounds like Mike Tomlin gave him a good talking to.

:lmao

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/81/811884/3079984-6416957291-26082.gif

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 05:08 PM
What is it you think he was doing?

:lol You think he just mistakenly stood 20 feet in front of his teammates, like they're trying to spin it? What he did had nothing to do with patriotism and everything to do with egotism. If it was done out of patriotism, he wouldn't be backtracking like a big pussy today.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 05:08 PM
fifyWhy would a black man have to lecture him before he made his statement? You don't think he can reflect on his own actions and talk about it himself?

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 05:11 PM
:lol and somehow he "accidentally" walked out just far enough to get all the attention.

Teammates were supposed to be behind him. They stopped short :lol

PITTSBURGH -- Alejandro Villanueva wasn't supposed to stand alone at the end of the tunnel for the national anthem on Sunday, Steelers captains Ben Roethlisberger and Cameron Heyward said on Monday.

Roethlisberger said that they asked Villanueva -- a West Point graduate who served three tours in Afghanistan as an Army Ranger -- to stand at the front with the captains for the national anthem. Originally, the entire team was supposed to gather at the end of the tunnel where Villanueva stood.

But Roethlisberger said the players were separated when they came out of the locker room by a crowd of people leaving the field. Villanueva was ahead of the group and continued to the mouth of the tunnel, Roethlisberger said, while the rest of the players stopped walking when the anthem started to play.

"We stopped to show respect for the anthem," Roethlisberger said. "I was talking to Cam, I regret not going down to Al. But Al didn't know that we weren't there. He thought we were standing with him. So, there was no division there.

"We were 20 feet behind him. You can see the picture, we're standing there. When the anthem started, out of habit, you stop and take your hat of. You wait. I wish today that we probably would've continued down. I know there would've been a lot of chaos or commotion because the guys behind us wouldn't have known what was going on but there was no division."

Heyward confirmed that Villanueva was at the Steelers' team meeting on Monday where they discussed Sunday's events. He said the team never had any intention of making it seem like Villanueva was standing alone.

"We never want to single one person out," Heyward said. "We never want to leave one man behind. I know it looked like that in that picture and we wanted to make sure we reached out to Al personally. We didn't ever want to make him feel like we didn't have his back."

Heyward didn't want to speak for Villanueva, but he did say Villanueva was shocked by the picture.

"He never wants to feel like he's an outsider or the center of attention," Heyward said. "I think he'll speak more on that later, at a different time."

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Teammates were supposed to be behind him. They stopped short :lol

Yeah, and I shit solid gold nuggets :lol

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 05:16 PM
:lol You think he just mistakenly stood 20 feet in front of his teammates, like they're trying to spin it? What he did had nothing to do with patriotism and everything to do with egotism.

So dumb

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 05:16 PM
:lol It just sounds like they're all trying to cover for each other at this point. It's cute tbh.

hater
09-25-2017, 05:17 PM
:lmao the stupid shit that americans worry about :lol

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 05:21 PM
So dumb

:lmao editing my post. The dude exploited a situation for some easy national praise, only to realize he had a bunch of pissed off teammates, and instead of doubling down on ":cry the troops :cry" he backed off like a big fucking pussy.

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 05:31 PM
:lmao editing my post. The dude exploited a situation for some easy national praise, only to realize he had a bunch of pissed off teammates, and instead of doubling down on ":cry the troops :cry" he backed off like a big fucking pussy.

Why would a bunch of teammates be pissed?

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 05:35 PM
Why would a bunch of teammates be pissed?

Don't be purposely obtuse.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 05:35 PM
Why would a bunch of teammates be pissed?Why would his coach lecture him?

DMC
09-25-2017, 05:40 PM
:lmao Villanueva doesn't get a penny of those jersey sales. It all goes to support the league you dumbfucks are supposed to be boycotting.

I am boycotting it, by taking a knee while watching it. Seems to be a valid protest method around here.

DMC
09-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Yeah, we got the "catch the bag of grain before the warlord in the technicals kill us" game figured out already.

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 05:43 PM
"Hey guys, let's do the big show of solidarity that we all discussed and agreed to do together 100% as a team!"

"I changed my mind at the last minute and don't want to do it. I'm also also going to make sure every camera in the building can see me."

"Sounds good, we have no reason to be upset about that!"

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 05:44 PM
I am boycotting it, by taking a knee while watching it. Seems to be a valid protest method around here.

:lol

hater
09-25-2017, 06:18 PM
Yeah, we got the "catch the bag of grain before the warlord in the technicals kill us" game figured out already.

Yup real life and death situations tbqh

Thats why Once the empire crumbles the obese americans will be the first to go. Soft bitches

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 06:31 PM
:lol It just sounds like they're all trying to cover for each other at this point. It's cute tbh.

So do you think the picture showing the rest of the team in the standing in the tunnel respecting the anthem is fake or do you think he was like fuck you guys ima run out 15 feet in front of you bitches.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 06:33 PM
So do you think the picture showing the rest of the team in the standing in the tunnel respecting the anthem is fake or do you think he was like fuck you guys ima run out 15 feet in front of you bitches.I think they were off the field like they planned except for one dude who apologized for not sticking to the plan.

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 06:54 PM
I think they were off the field like they planned except for one dude who apologized for not sticking to the plan.

So he deliberately ran ahead?

DarrinS
09-25-2017, 07:08 PM
So do you think the picture showing the rest of the team in the standing in the tunnel respecting the anthem is fake or do you think he was like fuck you guys ima run out 15 feet in front of you bitches.

pgardn
09-25-2017, 07:10 PM

Uhhh...

You mean your guy Trump.

Meanwhile, I'm definitely gonna start watching cars go endlessly around a track I'm so pissed off. Sure....

boutons_deux
09-25-2017, 07:11 PM
AV regrets betraying his team. :lol

anyway, his name tells white supremacists that he's not a real American

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 07:37 PM
So he deliberately ran ahead?

Why the fuck else would he be that far removed from his teammates?

monosylab1k
09-25-2017, 07:38 PM

Did you actually find something amusing, or are you just semen shielding?

sickdsm
09-25-2017, 08:56 PM
He's a Mexican

What on earth are we going to do when we're all mixraced?

Chucho
09-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Uhhh...

You mean your guy Trump.

Meanwhile, I'm definitely gonna start watching cars go endlessly around a track I'm so pissed off. Sure....

I bet you would. All they do is turn Left.

#keepTheLineDrawnHeSays

SnakeBoy
09-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Why the fuck else would he be that far removed from his teammates?

PITTSBURGH -- Alejandro Villanueva wasn't supposed to stand alone at the end of the tunnel for the national anthem on Sunday, Steelers captains Ben Roethlisberger and Cameron Heyward said on Monday.

Roethlisberger said that they asked Villanueva -- a West Point graduate who served three tours in Afghanistan as an Army Ranger -- to stand at the front with the captains for the national anthem. Originally, the entire team was supposed to gather at the end of the tunnel where Villanueva stood.

But Roethlisberger said the players were separated when they came out of the locker room by a crowd of people leaving the field. Villanueva was ahead of the group and continued to the mouth of the tunnel, Roethlisberger said, while the rest of the players stopped walking when the anthem started to play.

"We stopped to show respect for the anthem," Roethlisberger said. "I was talking to Cam, I regret not going down to Al. But Al didn't know that we weren't there. He thought we were standing with him. So, there was no division there.

"We were 20 feet behind him. You can see the picture, we're standing there. When the anthem started, out of habit, you stop and take your hat of. You wait. I wish today that we probably would've continued down. I know there would've been a lot of chaos or commotion because the guys behind us wouldn't have known what was going on but there was no division."

Heyward confirmed that Villanueva was at the Steelers' team meeting on Monday where they discussed Sunday's events. He said the team never had any intention of making it seem like Villanueva was standing alone.

"We never want to single one person out," Heyward said. "We never want to leave one man behind. I know it looked like that in that picture and we wanted to make sure we reached out to Al personally. We didn't ever want to make him feel like we didn't have his back."

Heyward didn't want to speak for Villanueva, but he did say Villanueva was shocked by the picture.

"He never wants to feel like he's an outsider or the center of attention," Heyward said. "I think he'll speak more on that later, at a different time."

but yeah maybe that's just a coverup story. Like the time I was at the mall with my wife and while she was looking at shoes in a window I bolted to cinnabon and afterwards pretended I lost her in the crowd. Maybe Villanueva was just bored & hungry...for some patriotism.

Pavlov
09-25-2017, 09:37 PM
So he deliberately ran ahead?Maybe, maybe not. Getting 100 guys to do something out of the ordinary could be akin to herding cats. If he couldn't bring himself to stay out of sight, that's OK with me. He can do what he wants. That's the whole point. Sure seems like his teammates get that.

pgardn
09-25-2017, 10:57 PM
I bet you would. All they do is turn Left.

#keepTheLineDrawnHeSays

They should turn right.
But anyways, clever. I'll give ya that.

Chucho
09-25-2017, 11:00 PM
They should turn right.
But anyways, clever. I'll give ya that.
Nascar is definitely up there with baseball n football n golf in the "boring as fuck" to watch, but shit, I bet the adrenaline rush is a high behind the wheel. I got a high getting to dog out a Ferrari at a closed race track, I could only imagine a death rocket locked in battle with 40 other ones.

koriwhat
09-26-2017, 02:42 AM
Millionaires getting pushed through their scholarships with their bad gpas and drafted into the (n)fl are now protesting oppressive injustices... seen it all now.

boutons_deux
09-26-2017, 06:34 AM
Millionaires getting pushed through their scholarships with their bad gpas and drafted into the (n)fl are now protesting oppressive injustices... seen it all now.

damn uppity knitters, right? :lol

those knitters need to shut up and keep making lotsa money for The Man, right?

hint: they aren't protesting their situation

Splits
09-27-2017, 01:45 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKvJkKBXoAY-eyT.jpg

lol yogurt-knitters

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2017, 01:53 PM
I say niggеr all the time tbh...

monosylab1k
09-27-2017, 03:28 PM

They have a skill that is low supply-high demand. The free market dictates they get paid what they do. The fact that they’re uneducated, highly skilled millionaires is irrelevant to their right to protest. Just like despite the fact that you’re an uneducated, no-skill unemployed piece of shit, you’re still allowed to post your dumb opinions here.

spurraider21
09-27-2017, 03:41 PM
They have a skill that is low supply-high demand. The free market dictates they get paid what they do. The fact that they’re uneducated, highly skilled millionaires is irrelevant to their right to protest. Just like despite the fact that you’re an uneducated, no-skill unemployed piece of shit, you’re still allowed to post your dumb opinions here.
Also calf-tats

koriwhat
09-29-2017, 10:05 PM

let's try to break down your mental instability real quick...

i can post anything here, even a thread praising you, and you will reply to me with a smug attitude and remarks you dreamed up in your tiny shit bubble of a skull. so with that said, maybe you should internalize why you hold such a narcissistic view of yourself.

now let's destroy your shit reply.

uneducated = what exactly? define it. not being educated in college? i got an associates degree but felt no need to go further. i guess you could say i am not educated like that of a BA to a PHd but what of it? if you knew me, i'm sure i'd educate you in many things you have no clue about.

no-skills = what exactly? i tattoo.... try it and see how well you do. programming, screen printing, graphic design, art(oils and more), sales, etc.... yep, no skills at all.

unemployed = what exactly? unemployed, as in i am not in corporate big biz? yeah, i own my own biz and have successfully now for over 2 yrs. as well, i am opening my new shop next week and have been busting my ass putting this place together. i am living the American dream, too bad you're not and i wish you well behind your desk in some cubicle while you have to answer to others.

you and those like you are what's wrong with this nation. grow the hell up buddy and stop trying to pretend you're something you're not. you know just like i do that you're nothing but a big stinking lie. or just keep living the lie online buddy because at the end of the day, you're still projecting your worthless existence here on ST.

now go copy&paste this everywhere on ST.

koriwhat
09-29-2017, 10:11 PM

just like those in hollywood who have a gripe too... big mansions, huge walls, but yet they're all victims. wake up you fools!

boutons_deux
09-29-2017, 10:14 PM
just like those in hollywood who have a gripe

"What About" what gripe in Hollywood?

monosylab1k
09-30-2017, 12:31 AM
let's try to break down your mental instability real quick...

i can post anything here, even a thread praising you, and you will reply to me with a smug attitude and remarks you dreamed up in your tiny shit bubble of a skull. so with that said, maybe you should internalize why you hold such a narcissistic view of yourself.

now let's destroy your shit reply.

uneducated = what exactly? define it. not being educated in college? i got an associates degree but felt no need to go further. i guess you could say i am not educated like that of a BA to a PHd but what of it? if you knew me, i'm sure i'd educate you in many things you have no clue about.

no-skills = what exactly? i tattoo.... try it and see how well you do. programming, screen printing, graphic design, art(oils and more), sales, etc.... yep, no skills at all.

unemployed = what exactly? unemployed, as in i am not in corporate big biz? yeah, i own my own biz and have successfully now for over 2 yrs. as well, i am opening my new shop next week and have been busting my ass putting this place together. i am living the American dream, too bad you're not and i wish you well behind your desk in some cubicle while you have to answer to others.

you and those like you are what's wrong with this nation. grow the hell up buddy and stop trying to pretend you're something you're not. you know just like i do that you're nothing but a big stinking lie. or just keep living the lie online buddy because at the end of the day, you're still projecting your worthless existence here on ST.

now go copy&paste this everywhere on ST.

2/10

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2017, 01:27 AM
Some vintage k-dub ITT

DMC
09-30-2017, 01:32 AM
What on earth are we going to do when we're all mixraced?

My race isn't going to change.

koriwhat
10-01-2017, 11:20 AM
2/10

Negative people like yourself suck to be around. Here's to jacking off in your mom's house daily for the rest of your life... cheers loser!