PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to move on from Cam Newton?

Clipper Nation
09-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Sadly this performance has been nothing new for Newton as this has been one of the worst starts to the quarterback's career. Through the first three games, he's thrown for only 566 yards—the worst output of his career during that period—and has only two passing touchdowns, something he hasn't done since the opening of his sophomore season back in 2012. His yards per attempt (6.82) and his quarterback rating (69.7) are both career lows (through the first three games).

However, while these numbers may sound bad—and they are, I'm not pretending they're not—they aren't exactly foreign to Cam Newton. As just a passer, Newton is actually not great. He has a career completion percentage of 58.5, has only one 4,000 passing yard season (his rookie year oddly enough), and has never thrown under 10 interceptions in a season. Last year, thirteen quarterbacks threw over 4,000 yards and nineteen threw 20 or more touchdowns. Newton did neither.

https://www.faketeams.com/2017/9/27/16373556/cam-newton-fantasy-football-time-to-move-on

Avante
09-27-2017, 08:10 PM
This coming from the guy who said.....Tom Savage THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD....?

Dude, you ever looked at Derek Anderson's stats, a guy you said should start over Newton? Try....60td's and 60ints. His QB rating a terrible...71.1.

Newton is better than half the QB's in the league right now.

Dude, do you EVER kick back and let things go on for awhile before playing your ROOKIE bullshit?

My fav...

Avante...keep an eye on speedster Tyreek Hill (now look at him)
Clipper Nation....hahaha a muff.

What happened next stupid.....75 yard TOUCHDOWN~~~ (a smart man waits until the game is over before running their mouth, not your dumb ass)

How many 4000 seasons did Montana have, try....0. Now before ya.....different era....keep in mind Marino has five 4000 yard seasons and a 5000 yard season, who thinks Marino was better than Montana?

It works like this stupid.....

A bad team is in constant catch up so they MUST pass and pass and pass. Good teams can work on protecting that lead, yep....run run run.

That was a free lesson son.

Clipper Nation
09-28-2017, 11:39 AM
chirp chirp

spurraider21
09-28-2017, 11:52 AM
chirp chirp

Darth_Pelican
09-28-2017, 01:16 PM
chirp chirp

UNT Eagles 2016
09-28-2017, 02:10 PM
A bad team is in constant catch up so they MUST pass and pass and pass. Good teams can work on protecting that lead, yep....run run run.

That was a free lesson son.
That's how Drew Brees has gotten most of his yards the past several years.

leemajors
09-29-2017, 10:25 AM
chirp chirp

cluck cluck

Avante
09-30-2017, 02:02 AM
chirp chirp

translation

What in the hell was I thinking, yep, I know nothing about QBing, should have listened to you Avante, you nailed it as usual.

Pelicans78
09-30-2017, 05:46 AM
That's how Drew Brees has gotten most of his yards the past several years.

Brees has always put up big yards whether on good teams or losing teams. He broke Marino's single season record on a 13-3 team. That's the nature of Payton's offense.

SuperCam
09-30-2017, 06:19 AM
white media happy to semen shield for Luck for multiple seasons but cam has bad shoulder and they're calling for his head less than a month in :lol predictable tbh

Clipper Nation
09-30-2017, 09:54 AM
white media happy to semen shield for Luck for multiple seasons but cam has bad shoulder and they're calling for his head less than a month in :lol predictable tbh:lol "White media" has written off Luck as a Ryan Tannehill clone. Meanwhile, they make every excuse in the book for Wilson, Newton and Prescott, and give them all the credit when their stacked teams win in spite of them.

Gotta love how there's always the injury excuse for Scam. The truth is that his style of play is why he's always injured all the time. Favre retired at age 41, Peyton retired at age 39, Kurt Warner retired at age 38, Brady will play well into his 40s. Seems like old-school pocket passing is still the best way to extend your career.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Brees has always put up big yards whether on good teams or losing teams. He broke Marino's single season record on a 13-3 team. That's the nature of Payton's offense.

that was a crazy good season for QB play, yeah I remember that year... NFC was sooooo stacked at the top that year and, crazier thing is the Saints should have been 15-1 given that they lost to 2 awful teams that year.

The "worst" team in that year's NFC playoff picture ended up winning the Super Bowl. Crazy year.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-30-2017, 10:51 AM
:lol "White media" has written off Luck as a Ryan Tannehill clone. Meanwhile, they make every excuse in the book for Wilson, Newton and Prescott, and give them all the credit when their stacked teams win in spite of them.

Gotta love how there's always the injury excuse for Scam. The truth is that his style of play is why he's always injured all the time. Favre retired at age 41, Peyton retired at age 39, Kurt Warner retired at age 38, Brady will play well into his 40s. Seems like old-school pocket passing is still the best way to extend your career.

and Luck might not make it to 30. What's his excuse? Offensive line? He's mostly a pocket passer. He's basically Wentz but put on a better offense (basically Peyton's old offense) to start his career and then it crumbled like a stale cookie.

Excuses

Offensive line - Luck, Wilson
Self inflicted injury - Newton, Griffin III, Vick etc.

Prescott really isn't a running QB if you actually watch the games.

Raven
09-30-2017, 11:46 AM
and Luck might not make it to 30. What's his excuse? Offensive line? He's mostly a pocket passer. He's basically Wentz but put on a better offense (basically Peyton's old offense) to start his career and then it crumbled like a stale cookie.

Excuses

Offensive line - Luck, Wilson
Self inflicted injury - Newton, Griffin III, Vick etc.

Prescott really isn't a running QB if you actually watch the games.

:lol he had like 15 rushes less than wilson last year

UNT Eagles 2016
09-30-2017, 12:21 PM
:lol he had like 15 rushes less than wilson last year

Wilson ran a career low number of times last year due to injuries to both legs that hampered him last year.

Avante
09-30-2017, 11:41 PM
It's so damn simple.

So much easier to defend a QB who can't hurt you with his legs. It really is just that simple. If the defense knows the guy will just be standing there.....now think.

What will Dak Precott, Russell Wilson, Desuen Watson, be doing at 3rd and 3? We all know what Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan will be doing.

Too many great athletes on defense in todays game to have an unathletic QB back there , hell, just common sense. Aaron Rodgers makes so many big plays because of his mobility.

The colleges get this, this is why....

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma

...have mobile QB's

SpursforSix
09-30-2017, 11:47 PM
It's so damn simple.

So much easier to defend a QB who can't hurt you with his legs. It really is just that simple. If the defense knows the guy will just be standing there.....now think.

What will Dak Precott, Russell Wilson, Desuen Watson, be doing at 3rd and 3? We all know what Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan will be doing.

Too many great athletes on defense in todays game to have an unathletic QB back there , hell, just common sense. Aaron Rodgers makes so many big plays because of his mobility.

The colleges get this, this is why....

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma

...have mobile QB's

Uh...a mobile QB in college is way different

Avante
10-01-2017, 01:00 AM
Uh...a mobile QB in college is way different

No shit.

Dude, where does the NFL get their QB's, now think.

If ya kept up with the HS game you'd know where the position is heading and has been heading. Standing tall in the pocket with no running ability simply won't work anymore, you have to make a defense question....run or pass......ok rookie? Not saying a guy has to be a 4.3 sprinter, I am sating the guy will need to be able to extend plays and escape a pass rush.

SpursforSix
10-01-2017, 01:15 AM
No shit.

Dude, where does the NFL get their QB's, now think.

If ya kept up with the HS game you'd know where the position is heading and has been heading. Standing tall in the pocket with no running ability simply won't work anymore, you have to make a defense question....run or pass......ok rookie? Not saying a guy has to be a 4.3 sprinter, I am sating the guy will need to be able to extend plays and escape a pass rush.

Dude...you know better than that. A great athlete can dominate a high school game. And even into college, he's playing a pretty diluted field. At the pro level, it takes more than running around willy nilly. How many modern running QB have shown long term dominance? Or even multiple SB's. It's not sustainable. When have you seen a running QB have a successful career through his 30's?

Avante
10-01-2017, 01:41 AM
Dude...you know better than that. A great athlete can dominate a high school game. And even into college, he's playing a pretty diluted field. At the pro level, it takes more than running around willy nilly. How many modern running QB have shown long term dominance? Or even multiple SB's. It's not sustainable. When have you seen a running QB have a successful career through his 30's?

Fran Tarkenton Hall of Fame
Sid Luckman Hall of Fame
Roger Staubach Hall of Fame
Warren Moon Hall of Fame
Steve Young Hall of Fame
Aaron Rodgers future Hall of Fame

Look at all the records/NFL firsts Russell Wilson has for a guy with his amount of experience.

Pay attention....

I'm not talking about running the read option, ok? I'm talking about simply planting the seed that you can run and will if the situation is right....ok? We all know what QB's won't even be thinking about running at 3rd and 3, so what's the defense do?

And, I am talking about where things are going, ok? More and more mobile QB's are already playing in the league. The Eli Mannings, Tom Bradys, Jay Cutlers, Drew Brees are being weeded out.

Tony Romo is out, enter....mobile QB. What do the Texans have now? What do the Bills, Buc's, Seahawks, Browns, Chiefs, Packers, soon to be Bears, Lions all have?

UNT Eagles 2016
10-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Cam beat Brady, mono-a-mono... gotta give it up to the tall & talented dabbin' BQB.

Avante
10-02-2017, 12:01 AM
When will you rookies figure this shit out? GIVE THINGS SOME DAMN TIME...ok? 2/3 weeks......nay~~ it always takes 4-6 weeks to get things rolling..................................honest~~~

Newton is a middle of the pack NFL talent, one of the top 16 best QB's in the world, and only a fucking rookie like this faggot Clipper Nation can't see that.

National JC champion at Blinn
NCAA champion at Auburn
Heisman winner
NFL MVP
SB QB

Only an idiot like CN wouldn't get it.

Avante
10-02-2017, 02:08 AM
If any team needs to move on it;s the Ravens, Joe Flacco sucks.

BUT............I'm not a rookie so I wait and see if he snaps out of this funk. That's what experience is about.

monosylab1k
10-02-2017, 02:31 AM
Cam beat Brady, mono-a-mono... gotta give it up to the tall & talented dabbin' BQB.

Patriots defense is literally the worst in the league. Nothing special to drop 30 on them.

SuperCam
10-02-2017, 05:43 AM
Sadly this performance has been nothing new for Newton as this has been one of the worst starts to the quarterback's career. Through the first three games, he's thrown for only 566 yards—the worst output of his career during that period—and has only two passing touchdowns, something he hasn't done since the opening of his sophomore season back in 2012. His yards per attempt (6.82) and his quarterback rating (69.7) are both career lows (through the first three games).

However, while these numbers may sound bad—and they are, I'm not pretending they're not—they aren't exactly foreign to Cam Newton. As just a passer, Newton is actually not great. He has a career completion percentage of 58.5, has only one 4,000 passing yard season (his rookie year oddly enough), and has never thrown under 10 interceptions in a season. Last year, thirteen quarterbacks threw over 4,000 yards and nineteen threw 20 or more touchdowns. Newton did neither.

https://www.faketeams.com/2017/9/27/16373556/cam-newton-fantasy-football-time-to-move-on

:hat

UNT Eagles 2016
10-02-2017, 08:40 AM

Yep. Cam a cool 2-0 vs. Brady and the Pats. I remember the other one vividly too, watched it from a friend's dorm residence hall, it was my first of three years in college. Steve Smith Sr. vs Aqib Talib. Talib should have been ejected in the 2nd quarter of that one. Kuechly MIGHT have held Gronk in the end zone at the end, but you don't call that shit on the last play of the game unless it's a complete takedown. Let the players play. Panthers win.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Patriots defense is literally the worst in the league. Nothing special to drop 30 on them.

I said so before, but patriots fans didn't want to believe me. I said this is the game Newton will get on track and the game will be close, I still gave the Pats a slight edge but knew it would be close and high scoring... pats fans didn't want to believe me but it happened. 1-2 in Foxborough and could easily be 0-3, let's say Watson scores a TD instead of a FG on that next to last drive then Brady never gets the chance.

How many games do the Pats win with that defense this year...? 11?

UNT Eagles 2016
10-02-2017, 08:44 AM
If any team needs to move on it;s the Ravens, Joe Flacco sucks.

BUT............I'm not a rookie so I wait and see if he snaps out of this funk. That's what experience is about.

Joe Flacco isn't in a "funk", it's plainly obvious he isn't a great QB. He's been on a bad streak for about 4 years now since winning the SB in 2012 and getting paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid, so that's definitely not a "funk".

Mark Celibate
10-02-2017, 08:55 AM
:lol "White media" has written off Luck as a Ryan Tannehill clone. Meanwhile, they make every excuse in the book for Wilson, Newton and Prescott, and give them all the credit when their stacked teams win in spite of them.

yep, we've seen this movie before with RGIII.

"Oh, just wait until he's healthy again"

The older you get, the longer it will take to recover. There's no way he'll ever be 100% if he has 5-10 designed runs for him a game

Clipper Nation
10-02-2017, 09:26 AM
:lol The Pats' defense has been coasting in the regular season. They made Alex Smith look like Aaron Rodgers a few weeks ago. And Scam still had to be carried to the win by Team Leader Kuechly, Team Leader Funchess, and Team Leader Gano.

Kyle Orton
10-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Team Leader Funchess.

That was pretty badass of him to come back in and pick up that first right after getting fucked up.

SuperCam
10-08-2017, 03:16 PM
4-1 :hat

Avante
10-08-2017, 04:20 PM
I have never seen anyone as damn dumb as Clipper Nation.

Look a what Newton has done the last two weeks. And this dumb fuck TOM SAVAGE THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD......riding the fucking bench. That opinion was based on what, yep.....NOTHING~~~~~~~~~~

CN, you are a 100% football moron.

Avante
10-08-2017, 08:21 PM
What are Newtons stats the last two ROAD GAMES?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-08-2017, 09:08 PM
What are Newtons stats the last two ROAD GAMES?

Better than Wilson's.

Avante
10-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Better than Wilson's.

All you have to do there is Google Russell Wilson and then Cam Newton then compare their career stats. It's all Russell Wilson and really not close.

Hopefully yiou know better than to compare aything this early in a season.

SuperCam
10-10-2017, 09:27 PM

Avante
10-10-2017, 09:56 PM
First it was TOM SAVAGE THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD......he gets benched.

Then it was.....time to move on from Cam Newton. So he has two of his best games ever on the road~~~~

Just how damn dumb is this freak Clipper Nation, wow~~~~~

Avante
10-11-2017, 10:08 PM
This is how CN works....

If Newton has a great game tommorrow...nothing. BUT...if he sucks...."see see see see what did I tell ya". Then if next week aother great game....nothing. Then a bad game and here he comes...."see see see....... ".....hahahahaha~~~~~~

Avante
12-22-2017, 03:46 AM
What is the Panthers record? Time to move on from Cam Newton, hahaha~~~