PDA

View Full Version : Who will pay to see this?

midgetonadonkey
10-17-2005, 12:32 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/17/film.stallone.reut/index.html

Monday, October 17, 2005; Posted: 9:20 a.m. EDT (13:20 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Sylvester Stallone is signing on to reprise his role as boxer Rocky Balboa in the sixth installment of the long-running film series, which he wrote and will direct.

The film, titled "Rocky Balboa," will be co-produced and co-financed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Columbia Pictures and Revolution Studios and will be distributed by Columbia Pictures.

Stallone has been trying to make a sixth movie for years and has been reworking a script. The latest version, which sources said is similar to the tone and grit of the first two movies, persuaded the studios to negotiate a deal.

"In many ways, the screenplay really took me back to the original 'Rocky,' " Revolution Studios founder Joe Roth said in a statement. "As a past champion, Rocky Balboa is once again a regular guy who has to find himself and deal with real life. This film brings Rocky's story full circle."

In the new installment, Rocky, lonely and retired in Philadelphia, comes out of retirement, intending to fight a few low-profile local fights. He's approached to fight a match with reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon, and soon his comeback ignites a media firestorm.

"'Rocky Balboa' is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander," Stallone said in a statement. "You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

Shooting is scheduled to begin in December in Los Angeles and Philadelphia.

Stallone received Academy Award nominations for starring in and writing "Rocky," and the 1976 MGM film won an Oscar for best picture, best director (John G. Avildsen) and best editing (Richard Halsey, Scott Conrad). The movie grossed $117.3 million at the domestic boxoffice, making Stallone a film star and creating one of cinema's most famous characters.

It also launched one of the most successful film series of all time. 1979's "Rocky II" grossed $85 million, and 1982's "Rocky III," which featured Mr. T, grossed $120.2 million. "Rocky IV," with Dolph Lundgren, made $125.4 million after its 1985 release. By the decade's close, however, audiences seemed to have tired of the character. "Rocky V," released in 1990, made only $40 million.

I hope he finally dies at the end of this one.

j-6
10-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Sadly, I will probably dish out $10 to watch the 60 year old Italian Stallion yet again. Then again I'll probably go watch Rambo IV too. Did ya hear about this?

http://www.sneakpeektv.com/id299.html

gospursgojas
10-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I would pay to see both (Rocky & Rambo)

At least they are making new installments of classic movies instead of remaking them.

Marcus Bryant
10-17-2005, 12:44 PM
This is akin to turning on the TV to watch some baseball in 2005 and seeing Julio Franco, Roger Clemens, Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, and Ruben Sierra in action.

Hang it up already. (Well, 'cept for you Rocket and Beege).

batman2883
10-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Hell fucking yeah!!!!! Yo Rocko....

bigzak25
10-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Dude?!

who doesn't love Rocky?

this movie could be great.

of course part 5 sucked, but 1-4 Rocked.

and if it's full circle? Then Rocky loses in this one, but fights his heart out, just like in part I.

Rocky 4 soundtrack is one of the best, just fyi. :lol

I have a skit where Rocky fights cancer and wins, but i'm saving it for SNL. :tu

j-6
10-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I watched the Star Wars prequels and wasn't a fan of that series. I fucking loved the Rambo and Rocky movies as a kid so of course I'm gonna watch these, even if they get ripped to shreds by the critics.

Hey MB, every one of those old fuckers you named was on a playoff team this season. Omen?

ChumpDumper
10-17-2005, 01:00 PM
He needs to find more roles like the dumb guy in Copland. Very believeable.

bigzak25
10-17-2005, 01:01 PM
the thing that sucks about Rocky is that Creed is dead, Mickey is dead (literally, RIP),

i mean,

all they got is Pauly, Adrienne, and to pick another kid to play his son...

maybe Apollo's trainer, i forgot the brother's name...

hell, Mr. T ain't doin shit, bring his ass back as an ally...:lmao

or better yet, Bring BACK Apollo as an Obiwan, Yoda deceased Jedi Hologram...YEAH! That would be Da Shit!

as for Rambo? is Richard Crenna still kicking? Godbless him if not....

TheTruth
10-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I'd pay to watch Rocky fight in a senior citizens home tourney.
Yo ADRIEN!!

bigzak25
10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
yeah, and he spits in his bedpan...:lol

very nice...:tu

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 01:37 PM
fuck yeah, i'd pay to see this shit.. it has to be better than all the shit that comes out nowadays anyway!

murdoch...(yeah)... murdoch.. (yes, john, i'm here)... murdoch....i'm coming to get you!

CUE MUSIC!!

E20
10-17-2005, 02:25 PM
I'd see it, Rocky/Rambo fucking rule!!!!!! I've already read part of the script. Rocky's wife is dead in the begining.

Horry For 3!
10-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Rocky owns, I'll watch it :smokin

JoeChalupa
10-17-2005, 08:33 PM
I'll wait for the DVD.

Marklar MM
10-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Adriennn

nkdlunch
10-17-2005, 10:50 PM
If he punches frozen meat again, I'll watch.

midgetonadonkey
10-17-2005, 11:16 PM
If he punches frozen meat again, I'll watch.

You like watching guys beat hard meat?