ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:01 AM
Parker on the mic first.

NASpurs
09-30-2017, 11:03 AM
Kawhi's not playing.

NASpurs
Dejounte's playing for the starters and Patty is with the bench Silver team.

ace3g
Tom Orsborn Tom_orsborn
(https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn) 38s (https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/914158540503252994)
Bertans, Gay, Lauvergne, Ginobili and Mills starting for Silver.

apalisoc_9
Kawhi's not playing.

injured or waste of time?

apalisoc_9
09-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Tom Orsborn Tom_orsborn
(https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn) 38s (https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/914158540503252994)
Bertans, Gay, Lauvergne, Ginobili and Mills starting for Silver.

so gasol is starting...Smdh politics

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Tom Orsborn Tom_orsborn
(https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn) 1m (https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/914158618802556929)
Murray, Green, Aldridge, Anderson and Gasol starting for Black.

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:06 AM
Joffrey with the jumper at the FT line, PnR action with Manu

hooperflash
09-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Kawhi's not playing.
He's dodging Gay tbh

tholdren
Lol meltdowns over starting in a practice. Hilarious

ace3g
Green 2/2 from 3

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Green 3/3 now from 3

NASpurs
09-30-2017, 11:10 AM
King Joffrey :wow

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:11 AM
Joffrey just took the ball down the court all by himself, spin move in traffic and finished.

ace3g
Derrick White and BP3 in.

NASpurs
Subs for both teams.

KDKSpurs24
09-30-2017, 11:14 AM
I really like Bryn'a improvement. He clearly has confidence. That wasn't just summer league confidence

lilbthebasedgod
09-30-2017, 11:15 AM
Gay seems pretty stiff aside from that one drive

SPURt
09-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Joffrey and Danny looking good. DJ with flashes, Manu is being Manu. Contrary to what his name might suggest, Gay is not about that D. I just hope it’s because he’s coming back from injury. LMA is a ghost out there.

NASpurs
09-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Nice pass from Rudy to Patty for the layup.

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:26 AM
Joffrey to Bertans

silverblackfan
09-30-2017, 11:29 AM
Good to see Forbes is still shooting well with confidence. We need an alternate Microwave to Patty.

Trill Clinton
09-30-2017, 11:34 AM
this broadcast crew is trash

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:38 AM
Green 4/4 from 3

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK_HSzOUMAAxYcL.jpg:large

spurs10
09-30-2017, 11:45 AM
Not sure if newbies have made a bucket.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Ace doesn’t do bad jokes. Late to tune in on my cell and this! I will catch the full olgame late I hope they have it available. But was able to see Bryn looking good

spurs10
09-30-2017, 11:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK_HSzOUMAAxYcL.jpg:large Doesn't sound good.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 11:49 AM
First time I see BP3

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Lauvergne dominating... Spurs good find?

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:52 AM
Definitely will help bringing ball up the court if need be, has good body control/soft touch around the basket.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 11:53 AM
Bryn Forbes is something special

ace3g
09-30-2017, 11:55 AM
Silver won 63-58

Dex
09-30-2017, 11:55 AM

Despite his limitations, he has one of the prettiest shots I've seen in a while. That can carry him a long way in this league.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Definitely will help bringing ball up the court if need be, has good body control/soft touch around the basket.
Pleasantly surprised with him (I didn’t expect much, he’s looked good). Bryn Forbes stood out to me too. I can’t take anything much from this bc It was sloppy what I saw which was the last Q and the end of the 3rd. None of the new guys stood out to me.

BillMc
09-30-2017, 12:00 PM
I found that confusing. :)

Kept thinking White and Kyle were the same person. As I did with the two white guys with big beards. :lol

Forbes stood out. So did Lauvergne. Rudy didn't look great, but actually moved better than I thought he would at this point.

John B
09-30-2017, 12:04 PM
It's a long shot but I want Amidah to work. He's athletic big who runs. Got a nice block and if that follow-up dunk made would have been one of the highlights. I think Spurs can develop him to better position and find his shots.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 12:04 PM
I found that confusing. :)

Kept thinking White and Kyle were the same person. As I did with the two white guys with big beards. :lol

Forbes stood out. So did Lauvergne. Rudy didn't look great, but actually moved better than I thought he would at this point.
Costello confuses me bc I watched on a small screen from my phone and at that size he looked like the other white bigs. Figured it wasCostello bc he didn’t do much. I didn’t see much of Rudy but he was indeed moving well. How was Dijon? I barely saw him.

BillMc
09-30-2017, 12:06 PM
Costello confuses me bc I watched on a small screen from my phone and at that size he looked like the other white bigs. Figured it wasCostello bc he didn’t do much. I didn’t see much of Rudy but he was indeed moving well. How was Dijon? I barely saw him.

I agree. Watched it on a small screen too.

Djon didn't do much to my eye. Davis missed a lot. Forbes looked the best of the sophomores.

SPURt
09-30-2017, 12:09 PM
This right here, not only his his shot beautiful but the quickness allows him to create for himself. Of all the young guys (Murray, White, Anderson, etc) he is the one that looks like he will have the greatest impact this season.

Overall, there weren’t any real surprises this game. It quickly devolved into a summer league type atmosphere. Not much to take away from it. Seeing Rudy stand next to Anderson shows he’s a lot bigger than I thought he was. Will be a fun team to watch this year.

Leetonidas
09-30-2017, 12:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK_HSzOUMAAxYcL.jpg:large

Sounds like spurs are making some shit up given that silver told them to stop resting players. Same way LeBron is “injured” also right now

BillMc
09-30-2017, 12:13 PM
Sounds like spurs are making some shit up given that silver told them to stop resting players. Same way LeBron is “injured” also right now

You could be right. Hope you are. He moved ok on the sideline tonight.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 12:13 PM
I agree. Watched it on a small screen too.

Djon didn't do much to my eye. Davis missed a lot. Forbes looked the best of the sophomores.

ace3g
09-30-2017, 12:35 PM

Dex
09-30-2017, 12:47 PM
My quick thoughts:

Murray - looked quick and active. Had some nice drives to the basket and did a decent job running the offense. Missed his only jumper.

Green - Didn't force things, and his shot was wet. Went 4/4 from three, I believe, including 3 quick ones in the first. Keep it up, Green Ranger.

Anderson - played his usual game pretty confidently. Made some nice passes, used his length to disrupt on defense. The key, for me, was that he actually looked for his shot on several occasions. Even though he missed a couple, Kyle needs that aggressiveness if he wants to be a key player this season. Hopefully all that work he put in with the vets over the summer gave him a much needed boost of confidence.

Aldridge - Surprisingly active and aggressive. Mixed it up between posting up and shooting from the perimeter, also scored on some nice cuts. Missed his only three.

Gasol - mostly quiet. Took a couple short jumpers, hit one three, and cleaned up the boards. Not very aggressive on defense, but unsurprising considering this was a scrimmage.

Mills - looked like our ol' Tasmanian devil out there. Handled the offense well, but was best when he was looking for his shot. Had a couple threes coming off screens, and actually showed some fancy dribbling in the post to get himself open for a couple layups.

Manu - did lots of Manu things. Started the game with a baseline floater, nailed a couple threes, made his patented move for the lefty layup, and dropped off a nice lead bounce pass to Joffrey for a finish.

Gay - Looked a little stiff, but seems to be mostly healthy. Wasn't forcing his shot, but had a couple layups and a three from the top that was well defended. Also made some good passes. Manu badly missed him on an attempted alley-oop, but it's encouraging that he was even willing to go up for it.

Bertans - underwhelming performance for Davis. Wasn't afraid to shoot the ball, but didn't connect on much...I believe his only score was a layup. Rebounding continues to be a concern, and he also forced a couple fouls.

Joffrey - surprise of the scrimmage. Was very active. Hit a couple jumpers including a three, and showed good touch around the basket. Also had a nice play where he took it coast to coast, dropped a spin move at the elbow, and laid it in. Could be a surprising pickup if he can keep playing like that.

Paul - pretty quiet outing for Paul. I think his only bucket came in the waning seconds of the 4th quarter. Didn't see the ball much, but also didn't seek it out.

White - kept confusing him with Anderson :lol Also played a pretty quiet game...nothing stood out good or bad. I believe he had one three, and had a floater blocked.

Forbes - his confidence from summer league continues. Forbes came out ready to fire, and was mostly successful. He's good coming off screens and can get that stop & pop pretty much at will, and his shots looked pure tonight. He is vying for a good spot in the rotation if he can keep that up.

Costello - quiet game, didn't do much of significance aside from pulling down a few boards and keeping the ball moving. Looks Austin bound.

Brimah - long and athletic, but obviously raw. Think of a young Mahinmi. Had a good block and missed a follow-up dunk that would have been impressive. Has a lot of work to do, but would be good to keep around as an insurance policy in case one of the other bigs go down...his size is sorely needed.

Perantes and Hilliard - if they were out there, they didn't do much to stand out because I can't even come up with anything to say. Perhaps someone saw something I missed.

buujness
09-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Color me an optimist, but I liked a lot of what I saw in the scrimmage. Danny hitting shots, Kyle contributing and making quick decisions with the ball, Davis not being shy at all and Rudy Gay moving well are all good signs. Joffrey Lauvergne played better than expected, and that spin move was pretty shocking. Everyone else was about expected, save for Dijon, who wasn't great.

Bryn Forbes was the best part of the scrimmage though. He is a lot of fun to watch; the way he gets to his spots inside the arc and the way he uses screens to get shots off behind the arc is a blast, and every time he shoots, I expect it to go in. He played pretty solid defense against Patty too, and showed some solid ball handling. Good stuff. If he keeps playing the way that he is, I'd probably play him above Murray at this point. A lot can change, obviously, but Forbes is a definite plus-player, and is showing more to me than Murray.

KDKSpurs24
09-30-2017, 01:01 PM
Color me an optimist, but I liked a lot of what I saw in the scrimmage. Danny hitting shots, Kyle contributing and making quick decisions with the ball, Davis not being shy at all and Rudy Gay moving well are all good signs. Joffrey Lauvergne played better than expected, and that spin move was pretty shocking. Everyone else was about expected, save for Dijon, who wasn't great.

Bryn Forbes was the best part of the scrimmage though. He is a lot of fun to watch; the way he gets to his spots inside the arc and the way he uses screens to get shots off behind the arc is a blast, and every time he shoots, I expect it to go in. He played pretty solid defense against Patty too, and showed some solid ball handling. Good stuff. If he keeps playing the way that he is, I'd probably play him above Murray at this point. A lot can change, obviously, but Forbes is a definite plus-player, and is showing more to me than Murray.
I really enjoy watching Bryn and hopes he becomes good enough to be a rotation player. But I don't see how people seem to think Dejounte didn't do well. He was penetrating and dishing to open guys pretty well. He's still finding himself but I see his potential to become a true point. He's at least been working on it and it shows. More control for the most part. We need playmakers to find open guys and I think he'll do that for us when the season rolls around.

Play Boban
09-30-2017, 01:02 PM
In the G-League, yes.

buujness
09-30-2017, 01:09 PM
I really enjoy watching Bryn and hopes he becomes good enough to be a rotation player. But I don't see how people seem to think Dejounte didn't do well. He was penetrating and dishing to open guys pretty well. He's still finding himself but I see his potential to become a true point. He's at least been working on it and it shows. More control for the most part. We need playmakers to find open guys and I think he'll do that for us when the season rolls around.I understand that thought. I think that his potential is quite high, but he's still too loose with the ball for my tastes. My favorite play of his was when he deflected an open court pass defending the fast break, but that happened because he threw the ball away just before that. He is good at driving and kicking, and he can get into passing lanes well, but I think that Forbes's offensive game is just more impactful at this point. That being said, I hope that Dejounte will grow into what we think that he can become, cause that would be a huge boost.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 02:45 PM
I had a chance to watch Dijon some after the live feed. Aside from TO, he looked good. Made some nice passes, created for teammates, was active cutting. One. Can tell he understands the offense better. He got by defenders to set others up. I could see him play well during the season.

Forbes hopefully continues with his confident play. Agree that he could earn minutes too.

I liked what I saw of Kyle, hopefully he has a good season.

Danny was on Fire.!!

Really plesant surprise with Lauvergne again.

Some highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUzZzxVDFX8&feature=youtu.be

YGWHI
09-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Can someone kill me, please. LMA is working in more f*ching long 2's...WHY NOT 3's???

BatManu20
09-30-2017, 03:08 PM

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 03:22 PM
Can someone kill me, please. LMA is working in more f*ching long 2's...WHY NOT 3's???

Pop did play the 2 bigs together as we thought he would too,no surprise there.

YGWHI
09-30-2017, 03:34 PM
Pop did play the 2 bigs together as we thought he would too,no surprise there.
Yep. Pop running the conservative 2 bigs lineup...Depressing.

BatManu20
09-30-2017, 03:44 PM

BatManu20
09-30-2017, 03:45 PM

TheGreatYacht
09-30-2017, 03:45 PM
MVParker continuing to recruit French gems. The gift that keeps on giving.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 04:04 PM
I have to give props to Jabari. Only media guy to ask about Kyle smdh

TheGreatYacht
09-30-2017, 04:18 PM
I have to give props to Jabari. Only media guy to ask about Kyle smdh
Yup Jabari is easily the only credible reporter there. Only one that asks questions and actually interacts with the players and Pop off the court.

boutons_deux
09-30-2017, 07:25 PM
Bryn looked really smooth, nice shot, in control, lots of movement and confidence.

Lavergne was aggressive, went high for some rebounds, could be really useful, if given a chance.

It's was great to see Fabricio Oberto there, highlighted on the scoreboard.

My estimate is about 10K people. The ticket price was just right.

SAGirl
09-30-2017, 08:07 PM
My quick thoughts:

Murray - looked quick and active. Had some nice drives to the basket and did a decent job running the offense. Missed his only jumper.

Green - Didn't force things, and his shot was wet. Went 4/4 from three, I believe, including 3 quick ones in the first. Keep it up, Green Ranger.

Anderson - played his usual game pretty confidently. Made some nice passes, used his length to disrupt on defense. The key, for me, was that he actually looked for his shot on several occasions. Even though he missed a couple, Kyle needs that aggressiveness if he wants to be a key player this season. Hopefully all that work he put in with the vets over the summer gave him a much needed boost of confidence.

Aldridge - Surprisingly active and aggressive. Mixed it up between posting up and shooting from the perimeter, also scored on some nice cuts. Missed his only three.

Gasol - mostly quiet. Took a couple short jumpers, hit one three, and cleaned up the boards. Not very aggressive on defense, but unsurprising considering this was a scrimmage.

Mills - looked like our ol' Tasmanian devil out there. Handled the offense well, but was best when he was looking for his shot. Had a couple threes coming off screens, and actually showed some fancy dribbling in the post to get himself open for a couple layups.

Manu - did lots of Manu things. Started the game with a baseline floater, nailed a couple threes, made his patented move for the lefty layup, and dropped off a nice lead bounce pass to Joffrey for a finish.

Gay - Looked a little stiff, but seems to be mostly healthy. Wasn't forcing his shot, but had a couple layups and a three from the top that was well defended. Also made some good passes. Manu badly missed him on an attempted alley-oop, but it's encouraging that he was even willing to go up for it.

Bertans - underwhelming performance for Davis. Wasn't afraid to shoot the ball, but didn't connect on much...I believe his only score was a layup. Rebounding continues to be a concern, and he also forced a couple fouls.

Joffrey - surprise of the scrimmage. Was very active. Hit a couple jumpers including a three, and showed good touch around the basket. Also had a nice play where he took it coast to coast, dropped a spin move at the elbow, and laid it in. Could be a surprising pickup if he can keep playing like that.

Paul - pretty quiet outing for Paul. I think his only bucket came in the waning seconds of the 4th quarter. Didn't see the ball much, but also didn't seek it out.

White - kept confusing him with Anderson :lol Also played a pretty quiet game...nothing stood out good or bad. I believe he had one three, and had a floater blocked.

Forbes - his confidence from summer league continues. Forbes came out ready to fire, and was mostly successful. He's good coming off screens and can get that stop & pop pretty much at will, and his shots looked pure tonight. He is vying for a good spot in the rotation if he can keep that up.

Costello - quiet game, didn't do much of significance aside from pulling down a few boards and keeping the ball moving. Looks Austin bound.

Brimah - long and athletic, but obviously raw. Think of a young Mahinmi. Had a good block and missed a follow-up dunk that would have been impressive. Has a lot of work to do, but would be good to keep around as an insurance policy in case one of the other bigs go down...his size is sorely needed

Perantes and Hilliard - if they were out there, they didn't do much to stand out because I can't even come up with anything to say. Perhaps someone saw something I missed.
Loved your reviews.thanks Dex

John B
10-01-2017, 07:33 AM
My quick thoughts:

Brimah - long and athletic, but obviously raw. Think of a young Mahinmi. Had a good block and missed a follow-up dunk that would have been impressive. Has a lot of work to do, but would be good to keep around as an insurance policy in case one of the other bigs go down...his size is sorely needed.

Thanks for the breakdown. I like what I see especially Forbes. I rooted for him last summer camp. I think he would be great addition to the bench with his instant offense. A little too small with Mills/Forbes combination but a lot of fire.

I continue to root for Brimah as Spurs need his length. He is very active. The first one down the court every time. He is very raw but hopefully that aggressiveness works well for him. It was actually an alley-hoop after I had a chance to watch again, and I think there's more coming especially once he learns to position himself and the players become familiar. His Draftexpress highlights had him knocking down outside shots very impressively that could come into play hopefully

Atl Spur
10-01-2017, 09:19 AM
My quick thoughts:

Nice write up! Thanks

BillMc
10-01-2017, 09:21 AM
My quick thoughts:

Well done Dex. Many thanks.

Even though it was just a scrimmage, for some reason it lifted my spirits about the team. Seems like we have more depth than most of us thought.

cd98
10-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Don't get too excited. These guys play against each other everyday and know each other's game. It tells us next to nothing. I just hope the Kawhi injury is a ploy by Pop to rest Kawhi. But they never had to play him in the preseason, so no need to come up w a sham injury.

xellos88330
10-01-2017, 11:39 AM
As a team overall, I like what I saw from the scrimmage. I think this team could put together a good run during the season. It should be a good season!

Prose
10-01-2017, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUzZzxVDFX8

15 mins highlights

Keepin' it real
10-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Don't get too excited.

Yeah!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b4/b400b310fb5dda8fde9e1015b6f50411785db02c7d25c8d858 7c423bf08e5ef4.jpg