InRareForm
10-02-2017, 04:58 PM
https://www.eater.com/2017/10/2/16401848/coca-cola-topo-chico

SpursforSix
10-02-2017, 04:59 PM
I hope they don't fuck it up.

monosylab1k
10-02-2017, 04:59 PM
lol can't wait to see "bottled in Illinois" on the label soon.

monosylab1k
10-02-2017, 05:01 PM
on a positive note, maybe all the faggy hipsters will go back to La Croix after this move.

baseline bum
10-02-2017, 05:11 PM
I never tried that shit. Is it any good? I love their Topo Sabores sodas. The strawberry and the tamarindo are badass.

Spurminator
10-02-2017, 06:10 PM
It tastes like carbonated water in a glass bottle.

I. Hustle
10-02-2017, 06:14 PM
It tastes like carbonated water in a glass bottle.

I know! So good, right?!

IronMexican
10-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Hope they don't fuck with anything, just that it's available at a lot more stores.

SnakeBoy
10-03-2017, 03:28 AM
Never heard of it. Is it just Perrier for Mexicans?

Spurminator
10-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Never heard of it. Is it just Perrier for Mexicans?

More like Mexican Perrier for hipsters.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-03-2017, 08:46 AM

:lmao

IronMexican
10-03-2017, 10:56 AM

:lol it's delicious, though. A lot better than drinking any of thos "zero" sodas, and I get my carbonation fix.

SpursforSix
10-03-2017, 10:58 AM
:lol it's delicious, though. A lot better than drinking any of thos "zero" sodas, and I get my carbonation fix.

Word. I don't get the hipster comments. Topo Chico is better than any other carbonated water. I hate that they're going to plastic bottles though.

IronMexican
10-03-2017, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't buy one in a plastic bottle, but if it were canned, I would. Feel like plastic bottled soda loses its carbonation. It's also why I had such a thing for Mineragua till I tried this stuff

SpursforSix
10-03-2017, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't buy one in a plastic bottle, but if it were canned, I would. Feel like plastic bottled soda loses its carbonation. It's also why I had such a thing for Mineragua till I tried this stuff

I don't know about losing carbonation. But it definitely gets warmer faster in the plastic. Plus, when someone calls you a hipster, hitting them across the head with a plastic bottle...just not effective.

Spurminator
10-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Word. I don't get the hipster comments. Topo Chico is better than any other carbonated water. I hate that they're going to plastic bottles though.

I mean, there's just no way it's $2-per-bottle better than regular carbonated water. What do you like more about it?

I think their brand marketing is brilliant. They developed a story that I think people latch onto, and they have good badge value. But I'd defy anyone to identify it from Sparkling Dasani if it was in a blank bottle.

SpursforSix
10-03-2017, 03:52 PM
I mean, there's just no way it's $2-per-bottle better than regular carbonated water. What do you like more about it?

I think their brand marketing is brilliant. They developed a story that I think people latch onto, and they have good badge value. But I'd defy anyone to identify it from Sparkling Dasani if it was in a blank bottle.

Brand marketing? What marketing? I have no idea what their story is. I just know that sometimes, I want a fizzy ass water. And the times I've been able to buy Topo Chico in a bottle, it's been better than the alternatives.

SpursforSix
10-03-2017, 03:53 PM

and there's no way it's $2 more expensive than anything else.

IronMexican
10-03-2017, 03:59 PM

Wat. I buy a 4 pack for under 3 bucks. I get Mineragua for 69 cents a bottle. It averages out to about the same price.

Spurminator
10-03-2017, 04:10 PM
I could be remembering the individual bottle price wrong from past trips to 7-Eleven.

Looks like it runs $7.39 for a 12 pack at HEB, though. La Croix is under $5 for 12.

I'm just saying.

Chucho
10-03-2017, 04:49 PM
I could be remembering the individual bottle price wrong from past trips to 7-Eleven.

Looks like it runs $7.39 for a 12 pack at HEB, though. La Croix is under $5 for 12.

I'm just saying.

The Raley's by my house sells sixers of La Croix for $5. Ugh. Fuck California.

SpursforSix
10-03-2017, 04:55 PM
The Raley's by my house sells sixers of La Croix for $5. Ugh. Fuck California.

WTF. I just bought a 24 pack of LaCroix for $6 at Costco.

Chucho
10-03-2017, 05:05 PM
WTF. I just bought a 24 pack of LaCroix for $6 at Costco.

FML. Yeah, this Raleys is a Central Marketish place, except they make wayyyy better sushi. Clsoest store to me.

monosylab1k
10-03-2017, 06:20 PM

Mexicans who drink it aren’t hipsters, but the Texas hipster community distinguishes themselves from Brooklyn hipsters by drinking Topo Chico instead of La Croix and Lone Star instead of PBR.

Chucho
10-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Mexicans who drink it aren’t hipsters, but the Texas hipster community distinguishes themselves from Brooklyn hipsters by drinking Topo Chico instead of La Croix and Lone Star instead of PBR.

Lone Star tastes better than Blue Ribbon, tho. People try to be hip with cheap beer, too?

SpursforSix
10-04-2017, 09:22 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a LaCroix at a convenience store. I see Topo Chico all the time. Is this a case of forced hipsterdom?

Spur|n|Austin
10-04-2017, 10:56 AM
The whole process on how the water is pulled from from the mountain and still brought down the same way it was when they began bottling it 100+ years ago is what makes it unique. You can guaran-fuckin-tee the process will change with the ownership change. Pretty shitty tbh.

koriwhat
10-05-2017, 08:12 PM
well, no more topo for me.... damnit!