PDA

View Full Version : Weekly thoughts Vol. 1 - NFL and Role Models

Mark Celibate
10-03-2017, 07:50 PM
After watching the games this weekend, I was taking a dump and pondering...

does anybody else think that the NFL, NBA, etc have a big role to play in the decline of Black America, specifically with the continual churning out of poor role models? This week's examples were Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham. The former went full ooga booga because he didn't get the ball one play and then decided to shove his offensive coordinator on the sideline for shits and giggles afterwads. THe latter imitated a pissing dog because God knows why. This behavior has been going on forever in the league, I just singled these two out because it happened this week. Last week, I remember somebody from Chicago celebrating 10 yards early and then getting the ball stripped at the goal line. This kind of behavior is obviously beyond unacceptable for your average Joe in the workforce.

What's worse though, IMO, is the enabling from the coaches and the media. We all know that pro sports is an unusual job in which the employee has all the leverage which is rare with most jobs in AMerica. However, I think these guys are setting a bad example for the younger generation. If you shove a boss, for example, then you automatically get fired but in the NFL you make the 'highlights' and even get glorified by a select group of ignorant persons. Sometimes, it's even their bosses. I remember when Greg Hardy fought a coach during the game and idiot Jerry Jones and Garrettbot called him a 'passionate leader'.

I guess my point is that these guys are using their privileged status of a pro athlete to act like morons and are setting terrible examples of how to act in the workforce for Black America. This is a factor that is not always discussed. Does anybody else agree?

plz respond

Avante
10-03-2017, 08:46 PM
It is my responsibilty to raise my kids right, not the NFL. If they are influensed by pro footballers I've failed. The NFL shouldn't need to worry about any of that sort of thing, their job is entertainment. And we are all entertained with the amazing talent, the fights, stupid antics, violence, it's all part of the show. The real bummer is all this concern over safety, it's being over done, ya simply can't play the game THAT worried about injury. The game is suppose to be violent. Ya wanna be an instant hero....knock a guy out of a game...yep, BRAVO, butt slaps all around. The biggest lie we hear.....I wasn't trying to hurt him....BULLSHIT~~~

What can't be talked about is how hard the black athletes struggle trying to be cool, they just can't get off.....LOOK AT ME~~~~~ But....the game needs them so they have to be tolerated, without those 4.3 at 220 pounds, we have slow white guys, yep....boring.

I want emotion out there, I want big personalities, selfishness, conflict and turmoil, it's interesting. What I don't want is apathy and unemotions like a Jay Cutler. I would love to see some big linemen knock Odell on his ass, and then.....cool your shit, got it little one? But love to see how people act like they do over his antics,,,ha~~~~

The best thing going on today is the NFL. But.....it was better back in the day before all the replays, the overly concerned with injury. If a guy is worried about being hurt, don't box, bull ride, NASCAR, cop, military, MMA, belong to a street gang, football.

Dick Butkus would take a RB, pick him up and spike him into the ground. Jack Tatum would knock a receivers head off. FB John Henry Johnson knocked out more than one would be tackler with a wicked forearm shiver. Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill used his head as a battering ram. The best of times.

SuperCam
10-04-2017, 05:19 AM
you worrying about some fine young black men who have spent countless hours and dollars towards bettering their communities, meanwhile white folks lust for violence just led to another massive shooting spree with dozens of casualties by another white shooter for like the 100th time the last five years :lol

benefactor
10-04-2017, 07:39 AM
you worrying about some fine young black men who have spent countless hours and dollars towards bettering their communities, meanwhile white folks lust for violence just led to another massive shooting spree with dozens of casualties by another white shooter for like the 100th time the last five years :lol
Yeah...white folks have their moments...but we still don't hold a candle to you motherfuckers. Nigs have been self regulating their own population by killing each other off since we freed your asses.

Keep up the good work tbh

Kyle Orton
10-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Odell vs Talib is gonna be interesting in a couple weeks. The sensitive blonde nig might consider the viability of suicide

efter det one

Fabbs
10-04-2017, 08:22 AM
What's worse though, IMO, is the enabling from the coaches and the media. We all know that pro sports is an unusual job in which the employee has all the leverage which is rare with most jobs in AMerica. However, I think these guys are setting a

I guess my point is that these guys are using their privileged status of a pro athlete to act like morons and are setting terrible examples of how to act in the workforce for Black America. This is a factor that is not always discussed. Does anybody else agree?
Point well taken.
But Black Rap dumbphuck still >>>>>>> worse then Black Bloviating Athletic dumbphuck.

Mark Celibate
10-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Point well taken.
But Black Rap dumbphuck still >>>>>>> worse then Black Bloviating Athletic dumbphuck.

Where would you rank this?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/266/938/465.jpg

UNT Eagles 2016
10-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Odell vs Talib is gonna be interesting in a couple weeks. The sensitive blonde nig might consider the viability of suicide

efter det one

They'll probably use Harris on Odell and Talib against Marshall.

Talib is a physical corner who lacks speed but matches up very well against the bigger, somewhat slower, more physical receivers who might otherwise be mismatches (Dez Bryants, Mike Evanses of the league). Great at guarding routes, but gets grabby (by necessity) in coverage when asked to play speed receivers, so that's a problem for Denver.

While Harris is the speed corner who can hang neck-and-neck with even the fastest receivers in the game. Won't win the jump balls against the bigger receivers, but that's what Talib is for.

They complement each other perfectly, that's why Denver has both, and Roby is a great all purpose 3rd corner to have, too. Roby should adequately contain Sterling Shepard.

Fabbs
10-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Where would you rank this?
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/905173103222722560/zbFdR4Rg_400x400.jpg

chop in a bottle of Jergens and have SpursTalk on a screen somewhere and I think you got it.

midnightpulp
10-09-2017, 08:00 AM
After watching the games this weekend, I was taking a dump and pondering...

does anybody else think that the NFL, NBA, etc have a big role to play in the decline of Black America, specifically with the continual churning out of poor role models? This week's examples were Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham. The former went full ooga booga because he didn't get the ball one play and then decided to shove his offensive coordinator on the sideline for shits and giggles afterwads. THe latter imitated a pissing dog because God knows why. This behavior has been going on forever in the league, I just singled these two out because it happened this week. Last week, I remember somebody from Chicago celebrating 10 yards early and then getting the ball stripped at the goal line. This kind of behavior is obviously beyond unacceptable for your average Joe in the workforce.

What's worse though, IMO, is the enabling from the coaches and the media. We all know that pro sports is an unusual job in which the employee has all the leverage which is rare with most jobs in AMerica. However, I think these guys are setting a bad example for the younger generation. If you shove a boss, for example, then you automatically get fired but in the NFL you make the 'highlights' and even get glorified by a select group of ignorant persons. Sometimes, it's even their bosses. I remember when Greg Hardy fought a coach during the game and idiot Jerry Jones and Garrettbot called him a 'passionate leader'.

plz respond

Interesting thread.

Disclaimer: I lean left and love the African American contribution toward our culture (Blues, Rock, Jazz, Soul, Funk, Comedy, Regional foods, etc).

That said, I loathe "gangsta/urban" culture which has unfortunately entered the cultural landscape of America on the back of hip-hop. Nothing against hip-hop in a vacuum, it can be a quality genre, but unfortunately its image is inexorably connected to gangsterdom. And that image has become the defining one for (young) Black America over the last 25 or so years, thus it will find its way into any area where young blacks from depressed urban areas predominate, like the NBA and NFL. Being reserved, classy, and demure (note: you can show passion while still acting classy) is antithetical to how this segment of Black America views itself. Acting like "you've been there before" is against the flashiness, aggressiveness and irreverence that Hip-Hop celebrates, so blacks act out those traits on the field as a kind of defiance to white America and a celebration of their culture.

So it's not those sports leagues that are responsible for producing those poor role models, it's the way hip-hop and its associated imagery have swallowed black culture over the past few decades, which I find unfortunate, because African American culture is a lot deeper than that. But show a young black kid from Compton a Blues song and the response will be, "That shit wack."

Down Under
10-09-2017, 07:45 PM
^^ Not as if I have a huge understanding, having only visited the States, but Gangsta Rap (from the 90s in particular) & the like is pretty different to a lot of hip hop from around that time (Tribe Called Quest, Blackalicious, The Roots, Jurassic 5 etc).

midnightpulp
10-10-2017, 12:54 AM
^^ Not as if I have a huge understanding, having only visited the States, but Gangsta Rap (from the 90s in particular) & the like is pretty different to a lot of hip hop from around that time (Tribe Called Quest, Blackalicious, The Roots, Jurassic 5 etc).

Those groups mentioned were either East Coast or more alternative (Roots, Jurassic 5). In the early-to-mid 90s, gangsta rap emerged as the dominant force in hip-hop, even influencing East Coast hip-hop (which was more about just spitting great lyrics over great production, EPMD, Eric B. and Rakim, LL Cool J, etc) to take a harder and darker edge (Biggie).

leemajors
10-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Those groups mentioned were either East Coast or more alternative (Roots, Jurassic 5). In the early-to-mid 90s, gangsta rap emerged as the dominant force in hip-hop, even influencing East Coast hip-hop (which was more about just spitting great lyrics over great production, EPMD, Eric B. and Rakim, LL Cool J, etc) to take a harder and darker edge (Biggie).

Yeah, people kinda forgot there were 4 elements to hip hop. The DJ, graffiti, and breaking took a back seat. There was still plenty of great shit to be found, it was just underground.