PDA

View Full Version : Lamarcus Aldridge billboard in San Antonio

SAGirl
10-04-2017, 10:10 AM
:wow

YGWHI
10-04-2017, 10:14 AM
For real? Did the team say they didnt put it there??? I guess this is the first time they said something in public about a stuff like this. Most times Spurs organization says they "don't have comments about..." "won't make comments". Rare.

Dex
10-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Aldridge gonna go off this year. :hungry:

Russo21
10-04-2017, 11:11 AM
LaMarcus paid to have this billboard put up :toast:lmao

Play Boban
10-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Looks like he's turned his back on SA. Cut this scrub.

SAGirl
10-04-2017, 11:31 AM
For real? Did the team say they didnt put it there??? I guess this is the first time they said something in public about a stuff like this. Most times Spurs organization says they "don't have comments about..." "won't make comments". Rare.
Yup, team didn't put that up. If they had I would have expected one of Kawhi and LMA together, at least.

I'll be bold in my speculation. Hopefully the media inquires further. I am guessing some organization that Lamarcus as a private citizen has sponsored is campaigning for him to remain in San Antonio. Basketball reasons aside, the guy donated to the Houston Irma victims and I am guessing is a good citizen, and has privately contributed to charities, etc. His kid is a resident of San Antonio and he's native to Texas. I would venture that he's privately liked and moreover, his significance to the team is known.

I can paint a pretty sad picture, but should LMA leave for nothing in return in the offseason, a series of other sad events can happen. Manu can retire, Tony can come back but his body is already failing and the end of his career is near and will come sooner if he's pushed to play at near all star levels in order for the team to remain competitive. He can't do that any more for an extended period of time, his body will fall apart quick and he will need to retire. Pau can decline further, then none of the youngsters is ready to be a true co-star for Kawhi, and Pop signed roleplayers to big deals. Nobody knows if Rudy Gay will pull off a Dominique Wilkins and come back from that achilles tear better than ever. The team could face a situation where they have to rebuild and don't have assets to trade to improve the roster around Kawhi. Pop could retire, etc. Can you imagine it? It's not that LMA will cause all of these things, it's that him leaving the team can accelerate age related declines already under way and push things to a breaking point.

So, I am thinking someone in some organization in San Antonio who has the same crystal ball I have is already campaigning for Lamarcus to stay. Wild guess.

YGWHI
10-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Yup, team didn't put that up. If they had I would have expected one of Kawhi and LMA together, at least.

I'll be bold in my speculation. Hopefully the media inquires further. I am guessing some organization that Lamarcus as a private citizen has sponsored is campaigning for him to remain in San Antonio. Basketball reasons aside, the guy donated to the Houston Irma victims and I am guessing is a good citizen, and has privately contributed to charities, etc. His kid is a resident of San Antonio and he's native to Texas. I would venture that he's privately liked and moreover, his significance to the team is known.

I can paint a pretty sad picture, but should LMA leave for nothing in return in the offseason, a series of other sad events can happen. Manu can retire, Tony can come back but his body is already failing and the end of his career is near and will come sooner if he's pushed to play at near all star levels in order for the team to remain competitive. He can't do that any more for an extended period of time, his body will fall apart quick and he will need to retire. Pau can decline further, then none of the youngsters is ready to be a true co-star for Kawhi, and Pop signed roleplayers to big deals. Nobody knows if Rudy Gay will pull off a Dominique Wilkins and come back from that achilles tear better than ever. The team could face a situation where they have to rebuild and don't have assets to trade to improve the roster around Kawhi. Pop could retire, etc. Can you imagine it? It's not that LMA will cause all of these things, it's that him leaving the team can accelerate age related declines already under way and push things to a breaking point.

So, I am thinking someone in some organization in San Antonio who has the same crystal ball I have is already campaigning for Lamarcus to stay. Wild guess.

I still think it was his mom. LMA bruised ego needed to be fed.

Anyway, I wonder how we turn "Pray for LMA opting out to sign everywhere else to allow Spurs to sign a true star who has chemistry with Kawhi and fits better" into "LMA stay, please" :lol

Poolboy5623
10-04-2017, 11:47 AM
San Antonio has billboards??

SAGirl
10-04-2017, 11:53 AM
I still think it was his mom. LMA bruised ego needed to be fed.

Anyway, I wonder how we turn "Pray for LMA opting out to sign everywhere else to allow Spurs to sign a true star who has chemistry with Kawhi and fits better" into "LMA stay, please" :lol
I think someone who saw the Spurs spurned by Durant and a bunch of FA these past two offseasons. They could technically be poised to have a lot of capspace for a star in a market that is tight, but that doesn't guarantee starts will come here. I for one don't think Lebron is headed this way AT ALL.

or you know it could be this... (although no logo from a tv station is shown):

RD2191
10-04-2017, 12:14 PM

Chinook
10-04-2017, 12:29 PM
#StayLMA

cd021
10-04-2017, 01:10 PM
whatever works, we need a big season from LMA

YGWHI
10-04-2017, 01:27 PM
or you know it could be this... (although no logo from a tv station is shown):
Damn... :lmao

A #StayLMA campaign after his poor last season and just one preseason game? Nah...At least not in early October.

IMO it sounds more like a solid marketing strategy.

Some LMA's endorsement launching new stuff...It's the 1-rule: Greate intrigue and curiosity, make people to ask "what's this?", then release the product.

TheGreatYacht
10-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Finally a non-embarrassment representing the team instead of Little Mexico, Tx

http://www.omgroup.net/images/bannerbillboard4.jpg
http://gdc-co.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ManuOOH.jpg

apalisoc_9
10-04-2017, 02:24 PM
what a DIVA :lol

Nathan89
10-04-2017, 02:42 PM

The sad painting is already in production with the Pau and patty contracts.

Ron Swanson
10-04-2017, 03:30 PM
You know RD2191 had that billboard put up. LMA is his favorite player.

Darth_Pelican
10-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I heard Porker was their first choice but he wouldn't fit on the billboard.

RD2191
10-04-2017, 03:43 PM
You know RD2191 had that billboard put up. LMA is his favorite player.

Don't you ever insult me like that again.

TheDoctor
10-04-2017, 04:56 PM
I thought the same :lmao

Proxy
10-04-2017, 05:34 PM
whats up with ut alumni

first KD with the twitter bads, now LMA buys his own billboard

bic50
10-04-2017, 06:10 PM
:lol

Chillen
10-04-2017, 06:34 PM
So if LMA paid for the billboard for some self promotion and confidence what's wrong with it? Whatever helps him play better on the basketball court, players need confidence. I am all for it if it makes the Spurs a better team. Spurs need LMA to be a beast this season to make any noise and go deep in the post season.

Ron Swanson
10-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Don't you ever insult me like that again.

bic50
10-04-2017, 08:16 PM
So if LMA paid for the billboard for some self promotion and confidence what's wrong with it? Whatever helps him play better on the basketball court, players need confidence. I am all for it if it makes the Spurs a better team. Spurs need LMA to be a beast this season to make any noise and go deep in the post season.
If it helps him play better then last season then I'm all for it.

ceds
10-04-2017, 08:37 PM
i want his value as high as possible ....hopefully he comes out beasting & teams we called earlier with offers come crawling back with something we can think about.

He looks slim and ready to fight for an all star spot. it's a contract year so i believe he is ready to show out

spurs10
10-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Right on! I wish the team did put it up. He needs to play with everything he's got.
:flag:

vy65
10-04-2017, 09:55 PM
LMA is a bigger faggot an John Amechi and Jason Collins combined

ceds
10-04-2017, 11:14 PM
He is definitely a diva and a sook.

Its my belief that Pop blasted him after the end of season meeting - pure speculation it's just pop doesn't hold back and called out a player in the media (LMA)

That has never happened before am i right??

Hopefully he beasts to start the season and we can move him

EDIT ---

We also have stephan a smith for the first time in his career come out with "spurs insider info"

so it seems it me it was leaked

davi78239
10-04-2017, 11:23 PM
I actually like the billboard tbh...

TheGreatYacht
10-04-2017, 11:55 PM
Who gives a shit. It's a nice change from the typical San Antonio billboard

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYnTbAZUEAAxA1j.jpg

BD24
10-05-2017, 12:22 AM
Who gives a shit. It's a nice change from the typical San Antonio billboard

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYnTbAZUEAAxA1j.jpg
That Whataburger is by my house, pretty sure i used to pass that billboard :lol

TheGreatYacht
10-05-2017, 12:42 AM
That Whataburger is by my house, pretty sure i used to pass that billboard :lol

Chillen
10-05-2017, 04:34 AM
Hopefully he beasts to start the season and we can move him

Moving him for Kyrie made sense, even for Cousins. There is nothing out there on the market that is worth moving LMA for at the moment, of course that can change but I'd say he is staying put for now. All he can do is play well for the Spurs and make this team better.

ElNono
10-05-2017, 11:03 PM
was probably his mom, IMO

lefty
10-05-2017, 11:13 PM
"Please Leave"

SAGirl
10-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Lamarcus grateful for that billboard. :lol
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Aldridge-thankful-for-billboard-12259860.php

Plagued by reports that the Spurs attempted to trade him in the offseason, Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge needed a pick-me up.
It came in the form of a billboard posted via an anonymous gesture that has sparked plenty of speculation on social media and left the five-time All-Star smiling.
Located near the Loop 410/Interstate 10 West Interchange, the eye-catching sign features a photo showing Aldridge in his black No. 12 jersey with his back to the camera and his head turned just slightly.

“I like it,” Aldridge said Friday. “I appreciate it, especially after the summer, with everything that was going around.
“So, I’m thankful for whoever did it. I want to say thank you because I really like it.”

Aldridge said he had nothing to do with the billboard. The Spurs also said they had no part in it.
Aldridge didn’t know the billboard was a big deal around town until he visited his bank Thursday.
“The lady at the bank was like, ‘Have you seen it?’ ” he said. “I was like, ‘I drove by it.’ She said, ‘I wonder who did it for you?’ I was like, ‘I don’t know, but I’m thankful for it.’
“I would like to meet the person, whoever did it.”

UZER
10-10-2017, 12:05 PM
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Aldridge-thankful-for-billboard-12259860.php

LA: “I would like to meet the person, whoever did it.”

The Russians: "you're welcome."

ceds
10-10-2017, 12:13 PM

i can appreciate the humor ...and yes i made a big mistake.

i need time out now just to process all the threads on here and LG tomorrow.

Hoping to ease into the NBA forum at some point soon and work it out from there.

Let's get this place back running again....or do people still want more of this show?

i mean im happy to lurk tomorrow and keep exchanging if you like but this is 100% prime time solely on a single poster for a week.

and now everything is on the table basically.

Chris
10-10-2017, 02:37 PM

:lol Solid

DMC
10-10-2017, 08:17 PM
I heard Porker was their first choice but he wouldn't fit on the billboard.

They needed three, like a triple monitor setup, to get Tony's fat ass on there.

DMC
10-10-2017, 08:18 PM

i can appreciate the humor ...and yes i made a big mistake.

i need time out now just to process all the threads on here and LG tomorrow.

Hoping to ease into the NBA forum at some point soon and work it out from there.

Let's get this place back running again....or do people still want more of this show?

i mean im happy to lurk tomorrow and keep exchanging if you like but this is 100% prime time solely on a single poster for a week.

and now everything is on the table basically.
You post like Koolaid man, lots of trying too hard.

Slow down. Breathe.

Ice009
10-11-2017, 11:37 PM
That billboard is quite intriguing. Did the person who did it have good intentions? Was he trying to prop up LaMarcus, or is he kind of implying that LaMarcus is turning his back on the Spurs? Just because someone paid for it, I don't think it necessarily means that they had good intentions and were trying to make him feel appreciated. They could have been trying to send a message?