PDA

View Full Version : The Failure of Gun Control Legislation

DMC
10-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Everyone here knows that gun control legislation fails over and over to do what it's intended to do. What some of you don't realize (or you keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over) is that, by proposing knee-jerk legislation after an emotional event such as mass shootings, you're actually putting more of these devices and firearms into the hands of Americans.

Some gun sellers say customers are rushing to buy bump stocks -- the accessories that make rifles fire like automatic weapons -- since the massacre in Las Vegas.
"Oh, God, yes, it's been insane. Since this story has broke, we've been getting about 50 people a day asking for them," said Michael Cargill, owner of Central Texas Gun Works in Austin, Texas. He said his distributors sold out, too.

CNN

This is a known trend that the economically savvy investor will capitalize on. Ammo prices will go up because demand will skyrocket. Bump stocks that, prior to all the liberal news coverage about how "evil" they are were probably rarely if ever seen by even most gun enthusiasts will suddenly be common place things. Rifles that can accept uppers for belt feeding will be in demand.

All this happens because the liberals are too stupid to realize that their squawking drives gun sales. Just look at how all the water and gas was bought when a hurricane was 300 miles away, because people got into panic mode and everyone had to have it now.

Instead, you have to wait until there's a lull then put this kind of thing on a bill, but you have to do it creatively. You won't because you're stupid, and every time you folks open your mouths with your puppet media in tow, a bunch of redneck gun lovers are getting rich and millions of guns and rounds of ammo are being sold that otherwise would not be.

Great job! :lol

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 04:29 PM
:lol idiots running to stores because their talk radio fear mongerer of choice tells them libruls are coming for their guns

TSA
10-05-2017, 04:38 PM
:lol idiots running to stores because their talk radio fear mongerer of choice tells them libruls are coming for their guns

:lol idiot still doesn't know the difference between a firearm and a firearm accessory

boutons_deux
10-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Gun Buyers Grab Up ‘Bump Fire Stocks’ Used In Las Vegas Massacre

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-04/gun-buyers-bid-up-bump-fire-stocks-used-in-las-vegas-massacre

what a shitpile of lemmings. they sniff "gun control", and Pavlovian-ly go spend $100Ms. Fucking clowns, demagogued, duped, lied to by BigGun.

DMC
10-05-2017, 04:45 PM

Nice Philo attempt but easily shot down.

1. They never heard of a bump stock till now
2. They know the prices will sky rocket because legislation never outlaws anything, it just bans further manufacturing so current devices will see huge price increases (buy/sell)
3. It's not about fear, most of these people have a lot of guns, they just look for these demand moments and they all think no one else is doing it.
4. When dust settles, there will be a shit ton of these purchased that no one wanted for that price and the prices will drop to lower than they were originally
5. Then the savvy collector will then acquire one.

The net effect is more of these evil devices are produced, sold and distributed.

Again, great job.

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 04:48 PM
It looks like mass murder is really good for gun related businesses. lol I guess.

Reck
10-05-2017, 04:53 PM
CNN triggers DMC again.

:lol Hates the network but cant stop tuning in. :lol

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Bump stock sales went up right after the shooting, when it was known that he used them. Not after legislation was proposed.

This information is in your post.

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 04:58 PM
:lol idiot still doesn't know the difference between a firearm and a firearm accessory
Wrong. It's OK. Go get your guns TSA they're getting banned soon! What are your you wasting your time here for??!? GO GO GO

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 04:59 PM
It looks like mass murder is really good for gun related businesses. lol I guess.
Crofl libtards triggered

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Wrong. It's OK. Go get your guns TSA they're getting banned soon! What are your you wasting your time here for??!? GO GO GOTSA would wait for the right frenzy to sell one or two guns then he'd tell us about the profit here.

TSA
10-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Wrong. It's OK. Go get your guns TSA they're getting banned soon! What are your you wasting your time here for??!? GO GO GO

People aren’t running to go buy guns, they are running to buy gun accessories. You can edit your previous post or just admit you were wrong.

TSA
10-05-2017, 05:06 PM
TSA would wait for the right frenzy to sell one or two guns then he'd tell us about the profit here.

:bobo

I’ve got 8 sitting in the safe unfired waiting for exactly that

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure if I see a problem with a country where guns are collector's items that increase in value the less they're used.

Buy 'em up. Invest away. And a "savvy investor" would help push for gun legislation that will help increase the value of his assets.

It's a win-win, really.

TSA
10-05-2017, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure if I see a problem with a country where guns are collector's items that increase in value the less they're used.

Buy 'em up. Invest away. And a "savvy investor" would help push for gun legislation that will help increase the value of his assets.

It's a win-win, really.

I’m doing exactly that and waiting to see what exactly will pass in California’s 2018 gunmaggedon

DMC
10-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Bump stock sales went up right after the shooting, when it was known that he used them. Not after legislation was proposed.

This information is in your post.
Because it's known that liberals will use the emotional wave to try to score a goal. If they stopped that shit, they'd have better success and best and at worst not flood the streets with more evil features.

DMC
10-05-2017, 05:24 PM

It's a win-win, really.
No, a savvy investor wants speculation, not legislation. Otherwise he's stuck with shit he cannot sell. Don't be dense.

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 05:29 PM
People aren’t running to go buy guns, they are running to buy gun accessories. You can edit your previous post or just admit you were wrong.
Sure. Bump Stock is an accessory. The distinction is irrelevant to the greater point in the thread. Good job

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Because it's known that liberals will use the emotional wave to try to score a goal. If they stopped that shit, they'd have better success and best and at worst not flood the streets with more evil features.

Genius, they should call the savvy investors' bluff by never proposing gun legislation. Of course, it won't impact sales immediately, but after a few more decades of mass shootings the effect will level off and gun sales will just be consistently high all the time.

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 05:33 PM
No, a savvy investor wants speculation, not legislation. Otherwise he's stuck with shit he cannot sell. Don't be dense.

There will still be speculation. And the potential benefit will increase when buyers realize shit can actually get done in congress. Right now gun speculation is limited by the fact that enough people know nothing is going to get passed.

Ban bump stocks, then figure out what might be next on the chopping block.

DMC
10-05-2017, 06:13 PM
There will still be speculation. And the potential benefit will increase when buyers realize shit can actually get done in congress. Right now gun speculation is limited by the fact that enough people know nothing is going to get passed.

Ban bump stocks, then figure out what might be next on the chopping block.

You're wrong and you're losing. You should be getting used to that by now though.

Quadzilla99
10-05-2017, 06:13 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/HDlvl2oJh2YNasFny-A9s50E_b8=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9371353/gun_ownership_states.png

boutons_deux
10-05-2017, 06:14 PM
gun control, owner responsibility/accountability hasn't been tried, so y'all gun fellators are LYING that gun control has failed

boutons_deux
10-05-2017, 06:15 PM
more guns always leads to more gun violence, more gun deaths.

300M+ guns in USA, so USA is undisputed World Champion in gun violence.

DMC
10-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Sure. Bump Stock is an accessory. The distinction is irrelevant to the greater point in the thread. Good job

The greater point is your hurr durr response doesn't do shit to the net effect. You can call people retarded all the hell you like but you're losing.

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 06:17 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/HDlvl2oJh2YNasFny-A9s50E_b8=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9371353/gun_ownership_states.png
Fake news

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 06:17 PM
The greater point is your hurr durr response doesn't do shit to the net effect. You can call people retarded all the hell you like but you're losing.
What am I losing in? Internet?

Do you "win" when Bubba and his buddies burn their paychecks on guns or accessories?

DMC
10-05-2017, 06:28 PM
What am I losing in? Internet?

Do you "win" when Bubba and his buddies burn their paychecks on guns or accessories?

If I'm selling them you're damn right. There's always something lacking in your responses can't put a finger on it but it has something to do with committal I think. You're such a pussy.

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 06:30 PM
If I'm selling them you're damn right. There's always something lacking in your responses can't put a finger on it but it has something to do with committal I think. You're such a pussy.
Very commital post where you possibly complain about how commital my posts are. You're a buffoon.

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 06:31 PM
I'm stunned that some Republicans and the NRA decided it was time to start talking about talking about this.

clambake
10-05-2017, 06:36 PM

wyoming?

Quadzilla99
10-05-2017, 06:57 PM
wyoming?

It's a shitty little redneck state toward the upper left part of the us I think iirc

DMC
10-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Very commital post where you possibly complain about how commital my posts are. You're a buffoon.

You don't say anything Philo, you just talk. You're like a poor man's Blake.

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 07:17 PM
You don't say anything Philo, you just talk. You're like a poor man's Blake.
So how many guns or attachments have you sold since the Vegas shooting? Wanna hear all about your winning.

boutons_deux
10-05-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm stunned that some Republicans and the NRA decided it was time to start talking about talking about this.

talk is cheap

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 07:24 PM
You're wrong and you're losing. You should be getting used to that by now though.

This is a solid rebuttal. I'll have to think about it for a while.

Chucho
talk is cheap

But the Left judges people of differing views by their words...more "We can, you can't".

DMC
So how many guns or attachments have you sold since the Vegas shooting? Wanna hear all about your winning.

You philopolemic little twit, the "losing" I referred to was in the gun control arena. I have my guns, I have my rights. All the yapping your side does only makes matters worse for you, ergo you're losing. It doesn't make matters worse for me, ergo winning.

Goddamn you're dense, Philo, and naive. Didn't they learn you nuthin' in law school?

DMC
10-05-2017, 07:25 PM
This is a solid rebuttal. I'll have to think about it for a while.

rebuttal to what, your speculation? You should change your username (again) to Spurculator.

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Don't think too long, another 100K firearms just hit the streets.

I don't care.

They're going into, at best, the hands of collectors, and, at worst, the hands of wannabe Rambo militias who may someday stage some retarded revolt on a desolate plot of land in Buttfuck, Montana, and end up getting massacred by the people with the real weapons (A.K.A. the U.S. Military).

Chucho
10-05-2017, 07:29 PM

Does that mean the Left will start talking about talking about the nation gun violence in Chicago? Or does that get dinged in hypocrisy, too?

Serious question. Completely relevant, I just want to know why that is so taboo when blacks are killing themselves at record pace, by guns, and Chicago has like 1 gun store in Chicago proper.

I just find it something that is always ignored and never talked about as your pointing your with the NRA.

Is it taboo? Is it the DemoKKKrats continued mastermind of the black race allowing them to kill each other? When does any of this get addressed?

DMC
10-05-2017, 07:33 PM
I don't care.

They're going into, at best, the hands of collectors, and, at worst, the hands of wannabe Rambo militias who may someday stage some retarded revolt on a desolate plot of land in Buttfuck, Montana, and end up getting massacred by the people with the real weapons (A.K.A. the U.S. Military).

Then there's no reason for gun control legislation since your rampant speculation has solved everything.

How well did the military do in Vegas a couple days ago? Yeah that's what I thought. That was one guy a long way off. Get 10 guys with full automatic weapons walking through a crowd. The military has to have time to respond and they aren't adapted to dragnet style FBI or DHS style man hunts.

You're clueless, aren't you?

Do you think people would line up and launch "take turn" volleys at each other, civil war style?

How long has the US been in the middle east fighting militias they cannot seem to defeat?

:lol

ducks
10-05-2017, 07:34 PM
more guns always leads to more gun violence, more gun deaths.

300M+ guns in USA, so USA is undisputed World Champion in gun violence.
prove it
not working where the former president is from

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 07:36 PM
rebuttal to what, your speculation? You should change your username (again) to Spurculator.

Since the idea of you and TSA lobbying in favor of gun control to increase the value of your toy guns is an entirely hypothetical conversation, speculation is sort of part and parcel, don'tchathink?

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Does that mean the Left will start talking about talking about the nation gun violence in Chicago? Or does that get dinged in hypocrisy, too?

Serious question. Completely relevant, I just want to know why that is so taboo when blacks are killing themselves at record pace, by guns, and Chicago has like 1 gun store in Chicago proper.

I just find it something that is always ignored and never talked about as your pointing your with the NRA.

Is it taboo? Is it the DemoKKKrats continued mastermind of the black race allowing them to kill each other? When does any of this get addressed?Well, Republicans are in full control of the federal government. Have they proposed anything other than saying "Chicago!" any time gun violence anywhere else is brought up?

DMC

Is it taboo? Is it the DemoKKKrats continued mastermind of the black race allowing them to kill each other? When does any of this get addressed?
This is the real racism, where an entire nation of "carebears" ignore the elephant in the room because "cultural differences" and "their business" trumps decency and common sense. It's the cowardice of these do gooders to do good for anyone but the low hanging fruits.

Spurminator
Then there's no reason for gun control legislation since your rampant speculation has solved everything.

How well did the military do in Vegas a couple days ago? Yeah that's what I thought. That was one guy a long way off. Get 10 guys with full automatic weapons walking through a crowd. The military has to have time to respond and they aren't adapted to dragnet style FBI or DHS style man hunts.

You're clueless, aren't you?

Do you think people would line up and launch "take turn" volleys at each other, civil war style?

How long has the US been in the middle east fighting militias they cannot seem to defeat?

I don't even know where to start with this meltdown. Hell, by the time I hit "Reply With Quote" you had doubled the size of the post. I'm going to have to take a sec to figure out what you're trying to say here and how it's related to my post.

DMC
10-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Since the idea of you and TSA lobbying in favor of gun control to increase the value of your toy guns is an entirely hypothetical conversation, speculation is sort of part and parcel, don'tchathink?

Your reading skills need work.

I wasn't lobbying for gun control legislation. I was telling you that you're doing more harm than good to your cause, but you're a talker anyhow so why should you care. The entire lot of you here are just wind bags with zero to show for it.

DMC
10-05-2017, 07:40 PM
I don't even know where to start with this meltdown. Hell, by the time I hit "Reply With Quote" you had doubled the size of the post. I'm going to have to take a sec to figure out what you're trying to say here and how it's related to my post.

You should slow your F5 pressing down there CD lite.

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Your reading skills need work.

I wasn't lobbying for gun control legislation. I was telling you that you're doing more harm than good to your cause

And then we started talking about the hypothetical idea of lobbying for legislation as a way to drive prices up. Maybe go refresh yourself on the direction of the discussion.

Chucho
10-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Republicans

*ding*

I really expected an objective answer from you, I truly did.

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 07:46 PM
*ding*

I really expected an objective answer from you, I truly did.I mean Chicago is a *ding* all it's own. Most of the Chicago laws Republicans love to cite have already been rule unconstitutional so I am very open to hear what Trump and Co. have in mind to end American carnage. You guys have been acting like when it's your turn shit's going to improve. It's your turn.

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 07:46 PM
You should slow your F5 pressing down there CD lite.

:lmao
Why do you keep going back to this gimmick?

You have 4 posts in the last ten minutes in this thread. You have 59K posts in less than half the time CD or I have been members of this forum. You're like the guy who eats Big Macs every day shaming people for drinking Mountain Dew.

DMC
10-05-2017, 07:51 PM
:lmao
Why do you keep going back to this gimmick?

You have 4 posts in the last ten minutes in this thread. You have 59K posts in less than half the time CD or I have been members of this forum. You're like the guy who eats Big Macs every day shaming people for drinking Mountain Dew.
You have multiple accounts with no telling how many posts each so let's not go there.

There's nothing wrong with drinking a Mountain Dew.

Chucho
10-05-2017, 07:56 PM
You guys

*ding* *ding*ding*

Sigh. Ignore the massive gun control laws IL has in place, specifically in Chicago, place by Democrats, in a Big 3 Demo state. Ignore the simple, obvious fact that zeroed-in gun control will not stop consistent gun violence.

I get it. I get you. I thought there was a little objectivity there, but...I guess I'm somehow disappointed. I can agree with a lot of points guys like 21 and RG make and feel the same way. I even agree with stuff Spurm says, and we "hate" each other.

I don't care about forum rep or status or clique and won't bother taking a shot at you hers, but I thought, beyond the troll stuff, there was a little legit desire to hold "discussion" within you. Oh well. Carry on the mantle for your side.

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 08:00 PM
You have multiple accounts with no telling how many posts each so let's not go there.

There's nothing wrong with drinking a Mountain Dew.

I guarantee the combined number of posts from all of my accounts isn't half of yours (you can verify it yourself :lol ).

Not that there's anything wrong with having a lot of posts. But I'm not the one trying to establish post frequency as something to be ashamed of.

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 08:00 PM
*ding* *ding*ding*

Sigh. Ignore the massive gun control laws IL has in place, specifically in Chicago, place by Democrats, in a Big 3 Demo state.Massive ones already ruled unconstitutional. Fairly moot point for the last three years.

I get it. I get you. I thought there was a little objectivity there, but...I guess I'm somehow disappointed. I can agree with a lot of points guys like 21 and RG make and feel the same way. I even agree with stuff Spurm says, and we "hate" each other.

I don't care about forum rep or status or clique and won't bother taking a shot at you hers, but I thought, beyond the troll stuff, there was a little legit desire to hold "discussion" within you. Oh well. Carry on the mantle for your side.I don't understand what you're asking here.

I'm all for talking about solutions for gun violence in Chicago.

What are yours?

DMC
10-05-2017, 08:02 PM
I guarantee the combined number of posts from all of my accounts isn't half of yours (you can verify it yourself :lol ).

Not that there's anything wrong with having a lot of posts. But I'm not the one trying to establish post frequency as something to be ashamed of.

I didn't say you post too much. I said you post too fast, you respond before you've had time to think. If I can edit and not get the "edited" tag, you're responding too fast.

This is why so much of what you say is speculation, you don't need to read the post you quoted to speculate blindly.

spurraider21
10-05-2017, 08:05 PM

If I'm selling them you're damn right.

You philopolemic little twit, the "losing" I referred to was in the gun control arena.

Chucho
10-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Massive ones already ruled unconstitutional. Fairly moot point for the last three years.

I don't understand what you're asking here.

I'm all for talking about solutions for gun violence in Chicago.

What are yours?

Not asking anything, just stating I get ya and no need to think different. Carry on.

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 08:07 PM
I didn't say you post too much. I said you post too fast, you respond before you've had time to think. If I can edit and not get the "edited" tag, you're responding too fast.

As I'm sure you know, your posts are subject to an edit tag on this site after they have been live for 5 minutes.

If you're trying to establish "replying within 5 minutes of someone's post" as another thing to be embarrassed about, then, again, you should probably review your own history, sweetheart.

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 08:12 PM
Not asking anything, just stating I get ya and no need to think different. Carry on.No, your question was basically "What about Chicago?" as if Democrats there had just stopped talking about ways to deal with gun violence. The major laws they passed have been ruled unconstitutional so Chicago's laws haven't been as restrictive as most think they are and haven't been for three years. I can certainly look up what the debate there is currently as can you. I know the DC Democrats are mostly on about universal background checks now, which I think isn't the worst idea in the world.

So what are other ideas for Chicago from anyone?

DMC
10-05-2017, 08:42 PM

You asked if I win when billy bob buys things. I said yes and told you under what conditions. Then you asked how many I have sold since a shooting just a few days ago, as if somehow your 2nd question is relevant after I answered your 1st already. if I said "I made 100K already" you'd say "prove it".

When your goal is to reduce or even totally remove guns from people, and you end up doing just the opposite, you lost.

You lost

DMC
10-05-2017, 08:43 PM
As I'm sure you know, your posts are subject to an edit tag on this site after they have been live for 5 minutes.

If you're trying to establish "replying within 5 minutes of someone's post" as another thing to be embarrassed about, then, again, you should probably review your own history, sweetheart.

Wow 5 whole minutes! Can't expect you to wait that long.

Spurminator
10-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Wow 5 whole minutes! Can't expect you to wait that long.

You have no self awareness at all, do you? Like, none whatsoever.

monosylab1k
10-05-2017, 09:28 PM

:lmao forum conservatives avoiding this like the plague.

Trill Clinton
10-05-2017, 09:57 PM
have the right wing weirdos posted any solutions to chicago or all they still using it to deflect from domestic white terrorism?

monosylab1k
10-05-2017, 10:01 PM
have the right wing weirdos posted any solutions to chicago or all they still using it to deflect from domestic white terrorism?

No, they totally care about Chicago! It’s definitely not a political crutch they’re praying never goes away.

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 10:13 PM

No, they totally care about Chicago! It’s definitely not a political crutch they’re praying never goes away.I was willing to discuss it since Chicago's most notable attempts at gun control had been stymied in the courts long ago. I'm open to any ideas regardless of political affiliation.

No takers.

Trill Clinton
10-05-2017, 10:22 PM
No, they totally care about Chicago! It’s definitely not a political crutch they’re praying never goes away.

no way would they do that!

Trill Clinton
10-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Chucho... give us your plan to save chicago fam.

Chucho
10-05-2017, 10:25 PM
No, your question was basically "What about Chicago?" as if Democrats there had just stopped talking about ways to deal with gun violence. The major laws they passed have been ruled unconstitutional so Chicago's laws haven't been as restrictive as most think they are and haven't been for three years. I can certainly look up what the debate there is currently as can you. I know the DC Democrats are mostly on about universal background checks now, which I think isn't the worst idea in the world.

So what are other ideas for Chicago from anyone?

Nope, just asked if It's ok to start talking about talking about it, instead of brushing it under the rug, since it's the most consistent ground for gun violence, which seems to be what the Left seems to be against. The NRA is alt right and getting around to talking about talking about an issue the Alt Left said they wouldn't or had no interest in.

So, is it not fair to see that reciprocated on the other side or are Leftists interested in ignoring it, like the Right, and watching more unecessary black lives lost? Seems like they could really shine here by showing that gun control can help reduce gun violence and that black lives truly matter, and then they could have true founded smugness instead of finger pointing and saying "What about them?" as a universal rebuttal every time something they don't want to talk about is brought up.

Now, had you given some objective perspective instead of a partisan remark, we could have had a discussion. Again, no trollzy sarcasm coming from me on this, just wanting to clarify. I do appreciate the response , but it was a few posts too late. I do get it, tho fwiw.

Chucho
10-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Once we can get passed why it's taboo to talk about, we can proceed. This is what is crippling about partisanship.

Trill Clinton
10-05-2017, 10:29 PM
nothing taboo about saving american lives. lets solve the problem. right here. right now.

Pavlov
10-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Nope, just asked if It's ok to start talking about talking about itAlways has been OK with me as long as it's just not a throwaway whataboutism.

No time limit on my invitation to discuss it.

sickdsm
10-05-2017, 10:50 PM
I think bump stocks should be illegal based on the fact they are retarded. In all honesty, anyone that's ever bumpfired a gun realizes its little more than a novelty, and theres a million ways to do it without purchasing a seprate stock.

The assault weapons ban that was enacted under Bill Clinton is a perfect example of what's wrong with gun policy. It made it expensive and cumbersome to import cheap quality guns but propped up the AR market. Also the "armor piercing bullets" side is artificially propping up domestic ammo manufacturers. I think anyone that tells themselves that they need guns for hunting or defense is kidding themselves. Its for their enjoyment and more importantly so we don't end up like the other countries. That picture from spain this last week of the firefighters trying to protect the people from the police portrays something that would not so easily happen here. The other side of the argument paints that scenario like its a zombie apocalypse but its a real scenario.

On the other side of the coin, I've noticed that the ones that I am aware of that carry aren't the quiet calm guy that's always cool headed. Most often their brash, tough guy mentality. And that specifically includes ex military.

I don't care if someone conceal carry's but way to often it ends up in a bar, employment, etc.... I had a guy i work with unexpectedly show me his 1911 ( that i didn't know he was carrying) in my home one time. He mentioned his new gun and a split second later its in his hand being drawn out at MY kitchen table with my kids around. If an ex marine doesn't know that not only should he not have that in a company vehicle, let alone a customers house, i don't think that any gun owners can be 100% responsible.

DMC
10-06-2017, 08:50 AM
:lmao forum conservatives avoiding this like the plague.

I don't understand the point it's making. What does it have to do with the OP?

DMC
10-06-2017, 08:54 AM
I think bump stocks should be illegal based on the fact they are retarded. In all honesty, anyone that's ever bumpfired a gun realizes its little more than a novelty, and theres a million ways to do it without purchasing a seprate stock.

The assault weapons ban that was enacted under Bill Clinton is a perfect example of what's wrong with gun policy. It made it expensive and cumbersome to import cheap quality guns but propped up the AR market. Also the "armor piercing bullets" side is artificially propping up domestic ammo manufacturers. I think anyone that tells themselves that they need guns for hunting or defense is kidding themselves. Its for their enjoyment and more importantly so we don't end up like the other countries. That picture from spain this last week of the firefighters trying to protect the people from the police portrays something that would not so easily happen here. The other side of the argument paints that scenario like its a zombie apocalypse but its a real scenario.

On the other side of the coin, I've noticed that the ones that I am aware of that carry aren't the quiet calm guy that's always cool headed. Most often their brash, tough guy mentality. And that specifically includes ex military.

I don't care if someone conceal carry's but way to often it ends up in a bar, employment, etc.... I had a guy i work with unexpectedly show me his 1911 ( that i didn't know he was carrying) in my home one time. He mentioned his new gun and a split second later its in his hand being drawn out at MY kitchen table with my kids around. If an ex marine doesn't know that not only should he not have that in a company vehicle, let alone a customers house, i don't think that any gun owners can be 100% responsible.

This is all over the place, I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

DMC
10-06-2017, 08:57 AM
CNN triggers DMC again.

:lol Hates the network but cant stop tuning in. :lol

If I say almost any of the new source you left-wing types will just laugh at the source. I know you're all gooey wet over CNN

sickdsm
10-06-2017, 11:34 AM
This is all over the place, I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Its discussion. My opinion on gun control is neither left nor right. Its muddied just like my response. I don't trust gun nuts but yet i have 8 of them and i think it is a right to do as they please with them.

Chucho
10-06-2017, 01:12 PM
I don't understand the point it's making. What does it have to do with the OP?

It doesn't. The crumb snatchers come in and get their shots in when they can.

Spurminator
10-06-2017, 01:18 PM
The OP was self-contradictory shit.

OP should thank us for salvaging his thread with tangential discourse.

DMC
10-06-2017, 01:27 PM
The OP was self-contradictory shit.

OP should thank us for salvaging his thread with tangential discourse.

"us"

You and your alts?

DMC
02-16-2018, 03:30 PM
yawn...

DMC
09-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Nothing changes. Same shit, different day.

Pavlov
09-01-2019, 01:55 PM

Ban bump stocks, then figure out what might be next on the chopping block.Well, those did get banned.

Thread
09-01-2019, 02:08 PM

Because (they) can't be trusted. It's crazy to actually view these incredible weapons on the police blotter. But, if I give (you) that weapon(s), it will only wet your appetite, your need to avenge the old man's ravaging of Clinton assurance of the Presidency. (You) won't even stipulate to a toe in the water. "Fuck you. I'm taking everything I can get my mitts on."

& Spurm is right in his materiel that Pav's cited. (They're) waiting that triple...House, Senate, WH...

So, as always when an occurrence like yesterday & Friday take place I urge all Americans:::double your stockpile, triple your ammo dump & if you haven't already done so...teach yourself how to build ammunition there in your home. That SOB Hussein during his 8 years was purchasing it constantly on the open market & destroying it as fast as it was manufactured.

+ urge RBG to go toward the light.

Blake
09-01-2019, 03:42 PM

Yup

"Washington(CNN) A Texas Republican state representative said he opposes stricter gun laws and that people should instead be "praying for protection" hours after a mass shooting shook West Texas.

Republican Matt Schaefer posted on Facebook Saturday that "so-called gun-control solutions" won't "stop a person with evil intent," and that people should instead pray for victims and those with "evil intent."...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/01/politics/texas-state-rep-praying-for-protection-shooting/index.html

Thread
09-01-2019, 04:04 PM
Yup

"Washington(CNN) A Texas Republican state representative said he opposes stricter gun laws and that people should instead be "praying for protection" hours after a mass shooting shook West Texas.

Republican Matt Schaefer posted on Facebook Saturday that "so-called gun-control solutions" won't "stop a person with evil intent," and that people should instead pray for victims and those with "evil intent."...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/01/politics/texas-state-rep-praying-for-protection-shooting/index.html

Your side will not deal fairly, Blake. You have no intention of dealing honestly. You crave vengeance, total annihilation of Trump & his endeavors & you make no bones about it, whether it's immigration, or gun materiel.

You think we don't see that? There's no chance anything will happen till January of '21 at the earliest, no matter who prevails.

You made your bed, climb in there, sweetheart, get your comfy on.

Blake
09-01-2019, 11:59 PM
Oh hey another crazy made up narrative about me. Neat.

boutons_deux
09-02-2019, 06:49 AM
Yup

also said he would NEVER vote for any kind of gun control

Fucking shithole TX, its shitbag Repugs,and the shitbags who elect and reelect them. A bunch perverted sickos.

boutons_deux
09-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Repug policies, in support of Capitalism and Christian hate, have, are, and will sicken, hurt, impoverish, and kill 10Ks of Americans by denying healthcare, by refusing to restrain health care costs, and by increasing pollution of air, land, water.

CosmicCowboy
09-02-2019, 09:46 AM
What makes you guys think another new gun law will stop these mass shootings? Premeditated murder is already illegal and punishable by life in prison or death yet they still do it. If the media really cared about mass shootings they would collectively agree to quit publishing the names and biographies of these nuts that want to go out in a blaze of "glory" like that.

Spurminator
09-02-2019, 09:51 AM
What makes you guys think another new gun law will stop these mass shootings? Premeditated murder is already illegal and punishable by life in prison or death yet they still do it.

The fact that gun laws have stopped them in other countries.

Chucho
09-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Taking guns away wont fix anything. We live above the snake pit of cartels that will have mules, smuggling tunnels and trucks loaded with black market weapons the moment anything resembling confiscation.

I can see how it works for an isolated country like Australia or a country surrounded by like minded neighbors. That's not us, our society is spoiled and will do what they want when they want. It's something inherent about us, we think we can have whatever we want whenever we want.

Bill_Brasky
09-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Except for the fact that most of the guns in mexico come from here.

Also, how do you figure incel white idiot with no black market connections approaches a cartel member about purchasing an illegal weapon? How do you think that conversation goes?

boutons_deux
09-02-2019, 10:18 AM
The fact that gun laws have stopped them in other countries.

Other countries didn't have the pollution of 300M guns and centuries old culture of gun violence, nor a perverted, politicized, weaponized 2nd Amendment paid for by BigGun and SCOTUS whores helping the gun violence.

Any attempt at regulating gun sales is decades too late, and bound to fail. The horses are out of the burning barn. Closing the doors now is risible.

And of course there won't be any Federal regulations with MoscowMitch running the Senate, (Fed govt can't even study gun violence or do mj research) and red/slave states ain't gonna regulate shit. And SCOTUS whores are ready to block any gun regs as UnConstitutional.

The American disaster of gun violence is without solution, no hope. And nobody offers any practical path to solving it.

Then there is toxic manhood culture of dickless childish men and boys who think owning, knowing guns is the foundation of their manhood. Fuck them all.

Spurminator
09-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Taking guns away wont fix anything. We live above the snake pit of cartels that will have mules, smuggling tunnels and trucks loaded with black market weapons the moment anything resembling confiscation.

I can see how it works for an isolated country like Australia or a country surrounded by like minded neighbors. That's not us, our society is spoiled and will do what they want when they want. It's something inherent about us, we think we can have whatever we want whenever we want.

Australia isn't the only country where gun laws have worked.

The "it'll never work" arguments always rely on hypotheticals; meanwhile we have real world examples of gun control working. I'm willing to give it a shot against the hypotheticals.

boutons_deux
09-02-2019, 11:33 AM
"arguments always rely on hypotheticals"

it's wishful thinking that gun regs will never be passed, which is the most probable future.

Thread
09-02-2019, 11:35 AM
"arguments always rely on hypotheticals"

it's wishful thinking that gun regs will never be passed, which is the most probable future.

You got 60 votes in the Senate? Nope.

Blake
09-02-2019, 12:43 PM

Also, how do you figure incel white idiot with no black market connections approaches a cartel member about purchasing an illegal weapon? How do you think that conversation goes?

spurraider21
09-02-2019, 12:57 PM

https://youtu.be/BMIXbYwTdA0

boutons_deux
09-02-2019, 01:13 PM
The flow of guns from the U.S. to Mexico is getting lost in the border debate

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/the-flow-of-guns-from-the-u-s-to-mexico-is-getting-lost-in-the-border-debate

=================

2,000 Illegal Weapons Cross US-Mexico Border Per Day

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/analysis/2000-illegal-weapons-cross-us-mexico-border-every-day/

No doubt there are 100s or 1000s of US dealer who live off gun sales that go south (and into blue states that have gun regs)

DMC
09-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Australia isn't the only country where gun laws have worked.

The "it'll never work" arguments always rely on hypotheticals; meanwhile we have real world examples of gun control working. I'm willing to give it a shot against the hypotheticals.

There was a mass shooting on June 4th of this year in Australia. It didn't stop mass shootings and there was only one mass shooting that killed more than 10 prior to the gun ban. Oddly the one in June was with an illegal weapon. So an illegal gun can also kill people.

Don't get too caught up in the Australia fallacy.

DMC
09-02-2019, 01:35 PM
The flow of guns from the U.S. to Mexico is getting lost in the border debate

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/the-flow-of-guns-from-the-u-s-to-mexico-is-getting-lost-in-the-border-debate

=================

2,000 Illegal Weapons Cross US-Mexico Border Per Day

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/analysis/2000-illegal-weapons-cross-us-mexico-border-every-day/

No doubt there are 100s or 1000s of US dealer who live off gun sales that go south (and into blue states that have gun regs)

Fast and Furious says hello

Pavlov
09-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Fast and Furious says helloSays hello to what?

What does that have to do with anything?

boutons_deux
09-02-2019, 02:33 PM
San Jose's mayor wants city gun owners to shoulder more of the costs of gun violence (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/2/1881830/-San-Jose-s-mayor-wants-city-gun-owners-to-shoulder-more-of-the-costs-of-gun-violence)

https://images.dailykos.com/images/702317/story_image/GettyImages-1165032256.jpg?1564594016

What Liccardo decided the city could do,

after months of consultation with attorneys and others,

is require the city's gun owners to have liability insurance for their weapons.

If you own a gun,

you would be expected to have insurance that covers the costs of what happens

if you accidentally discharge it or

if someone else uses it to commit a crime.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1881830

Thread
09-02-2019, 02:36 PM
San Jose's mayor wants city gun owners to shoulder more of the costs of gun violence (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/2/1881830/-San-Jose-s-mayor-wants-city-gun-owners-to-shoulder-more-of-the-costs-of-gun-violence)

https://images.dailykos.com/images/702317/story_image/GettyImages-1165032256.jpg?1564594016

What Liccardo decided the city could do,

after months of consultation with attorneys and others,

is require the city's gun owners to have liability insurance for their weapons.

If you own a gun,

you would be expected to have insurance that covers the costs of what happens

if you accidentally discharge it or

if someone else uses it to commit a crime.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1881830

If he can get 5 Justices to compel them he's got it knocked. Otherwise, no.

Everything goes thru the SC.

Winehole23
09-20-2019, 12:19 AM
collector's market now?

https://apnews.com/fbdf5e5f6d654332bbedfaffe3663154

DMC
05-25-2022, 06:18 PM
5 years later and they still haven't learned.

Spurminator
05-25-2022, 08:48 PM

DMC thinks this thread has aged WELL.

No self awareness...

DMC
05-26-2022, 07:57 PM

No self awareness...
So you think gun control legislation hasn't failed?

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 08:25 PM

Seems it has to be implemented to be effectively measured

SnakeBoy
05-26-2022, 08:41 PM
It doesn't work in blue states cuz red states :cry

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 08:46 PM
It doesn't work in blue states cuz red states :cry

I think that’s true to an extent. It’s a byproduct of the freedom of movement between states. I’d be fine sacrificing some of my freedoms to own a gun at the expense of freedom of travel between states. That’s a pretty easy decision and has a much greater ROI.

GAustex
05-26-2022, 08:53 PM
Feds with no guns will get their tyranny on

DMC
05-26-2022, 09:11 PM
Seems it has to be implemented to be effectively measured

Dems have been in control for 2 of the past 6 years and 10 of the past 14 years. What are you waiting for?

DMC
05-26-2022, 09:13 PM
I think that’s true to an extent. It’s a byproduct of the freedom of movement between states. I’d be fine sacrificing some of my freedoms to own a gun at the expense of freedom of travel between states. That’s a pretty easy decision and has a much greater ROI.

So you'd give up one right to give up another right? Not sure you know how sacrifice works.

Blake
05-26-2022, 09:45 PM

No self awareness...

:lol poor guy needs attention badly

Spurminator
05-26-2022, 09:49 PM

Dems have been in control for 2 of the past 6 years and 10 of the past 14 years. What are you waiting for?

Sounds like DMC needs a timeout and huddle with DMC to find out what his take is.

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 09:51 PM

Either ignorant or unserious. Not interested

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 09:54 PM
So you'd give up one right to give up another right? Not sure you know how sacrifice works.

Incorrectly worded. But you got the point. Thanks for the low value correction.

SnakeBoy
05-26-2022, 10:05 PM
Either ignorant or unserious. Not interested

Of course you're not interested in talking about why Dems never deliver on their promises. Not at the local, state, or federal level.

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 10:18 PM
Of course you're not interested in talking about why Dems never deliver on their promises. Not at the local, state, or federal level.

Yeah. Not interested ion conversing with people who don’t understand why gun control leg hasn’t been passed despite the fact that dems have been “in control” for 10 of the last 14 years. Anyone who doesn’t know why that’s the case doesn’t understand politics at its most fundamental level and should probably be banned from the political forum.

DMC
05-26-2022, 10:30 PM
Sounds like DMC needs a timeout and huddle with DMC to find out what his take is.

Two totally unrelated comments. You're struggling. Gun control legislation has failed yet dems have been in power for 10 of 14 years, you find that contradictory :lol

DMC
05-26-2022, 10:32 PM
Yeah. Not interested ion conversing with people who don’t understand why gun control leg hasn’t been passed despite the fact that dems have been “in control” for 10 of the last 14 years. Anyone who doesn’t know why that’s the case doesn’t understand politics at its most fundamental level and should probably be banned from the political forum.

The only shit the Dems ever passed was placebo legislation. They too are are in the pockets of gun manufacturers, they just pretend they aren't to keep up appearances of wanting "change".

Wanting anyone who disagrees with you banned :lol

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 10:32 PM
Two totally unrelated comments. You're struggling. Gun control legislation has failed yet dems have been in power for 10 of 14 years, you find that contradictory :lol

NBA forum is upstairs bud.

DMC
05-26-2022, 10:34 PM
NBA forum is upstairs bud.

This is my thread, idiot :lol

Still salty as fuck after all this time :lol

DMC
05-26-2022, 10:35 PM
Incorrectly worded. But you got the point. Thanks for the low value correction.

Yeah, the point is you don't even know what you want and you're too mentally challenged to even type it.

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 10:50 PM
The only shit the Dems ever passed was placebo legislation. They too are are in the pockets of gun manufacturers, they just pretend they aren't to keep up appearances of wanting "change".

Some are. But the reality is the NRA has marketed guns and gun culture so effectively over the last 40 years that any serious gun control leg is not politically feasible. That was evident after sandy hook where the most basic of measures couldn’t gain traction in congress even with majorly support by the citizenry.

It’s still worth pursuing. A long row to hoe, but pretending like the dems have failed because they haven’t passed meaningful gun leg despite having control of the government for 10 of the last 14 years shows a very basic lack of understanding of the underlying politics.

Imagine if we had an organization like the NRA focused on supporting the 1st amendment. Not as much $ there though.

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 10:52 PM
This is my thread, idiot :lol

Still salty as fuck after all this time :lol

A thread worthy of the nba forum because god knows you don’t understand shit about politics

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 10:55 PM
Yeah, the point is you don't even know what you want and you're too mentally challenged to even type it.

No. I understand no right is absolute. All rights have to be enforced and all rights are negotiable based on a cost benefit analysis.

Th'Pusher
05-26-2022, 11:03 PM

Disagreement has nothing to do with it. It a political forum and you don’t seem to understand the fundamentals. Ban is probably too aggressive. Maybe just have the self awareness to stand in the corner and learn as opposed to trying to participate like an eager beaver.

diego
05-26-2022, 11:20 PM
Everyone here knows that gun control legislation fails over and over to do what it's intended to do. What some of you don't realize (or you keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over) is that, by proposing knee-jerk legislation after an emotional event such as mass shootings, you're actually putting more of these devices and firearms into the hands of Americans.

Some gun sellers say customers are rushing to buy bump stocks -- the accessories that make rifles fire like automatic weapons -- since the massacre in Las Vegas.
"Oh, God, yes, it's been insane. Since this story has broke, we've been getting about 50 people a day asking for them," said Michael Cargill, owner of Central Texas Gun Works in Austin, Texas. He said his distributors sold out, too.

CNN

This is a known trend that the economically savvy investor will capitalize on. Ammo prices will go up because demand will skyrocket. Bump stocks that, prior to all the liberal news coverage about how "evil" they are were probably rarely if ever seen by even most gun enthusiasts will suddenly be common place things. Rifles that can accept uppers for belt feeding will be in demand.

All this happens because the liberals are too stupid to realize that their squawking drives gun sales. Just look at how all the water and gas was bought when a hurricane was 300 miles away, because people got into panic mode and everyone had to have it now.

Instead, you have to wait until there's a lull then put this kind of thing on a bill, but you have to do it creatively. You won't because you're stupid, and every time you folks open your mouths with your puppet media in tow, a bunch of redneck gun lovers are getting rich and millions of guns and rounds of ammo are being sold that otherwise would not be.

Great job! :lol

Great job indeed, this bump shows how interested you are in addressing these problems.. evil gonna evil though, I guess the us is the most evil place on earth what can you do

Spurminator
05-27-2022, 10:22 AM

You: Gun control laws have failed

Also you: Why haven't Dems passed gun control laws?

This is not difficult. Great bump though!

Thread
05-27-2022, 10:27 AM
Great job indeed, this bump shows how interested you are in addressing these problems.. evil gonna evil though, I guess the us is the most evil place on earth what can you do

...commence by not killing babies in the womb because you're inconvenienced.

Then remain married, forget the "friends", the partying, the drinking, the drugs, the smoking and tend your family from both sides of the mother/father paradigm.

GAustex
05-27-2022, 05:03 PM
" I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

Blake
05-27-2022, 05:27 PM

That quote is totally relevant to gun control

GAustex
05-27-2022, 05:46 PM
Again as usual ur being purposely obtuse

DMC
05-27-2022, 05:48 PM
You: Gun control laws have failed

Also you: Why haven't Dems passed gun control laws?

This is not difficult. Great bump though!

Why haven't dems passed meaningful legislation?

DMC
05-27-2022, 05:53 PM

Since you don't give any credence to what the founding fathers thought, why do you care?

DMC
05-27-2022, 05:53 PM
No. I understand no right is absolute. All rights have to be enforced and all rights are negotiable based on a cost benefit analysis.

:lol no

Blake
05-27-2022, 06:52 PM
Since you don't give any credence to what the founding fathers thought, why do you care?

I'm just pointing out his post doesn't say what he thinks it says. Your reading comprehension still sucks

Blake
05-27-2022, 06:52 PM
Why haven't dems passed meaningful legislation?

You've been told.

The DMC attention begging rodeo lol

DMC
05-27-2022, 08:38 PM
I'm just pointing out his post doesn't say what he thinks it says. Your reading comprehension still sucks

Next you going to give him marriage advice?

DMC
05-27-2022, 08:38 PM
You've been told.

The DMC attention begging rodeo lol

Show me who proposed an outright ban that the dems all signed on to.

ElNono
05-27-2022, 09:02 PM

What does that have to do with gun regulation?

You also shout that out when you go get a driver's license or your future employer demands a background check in order to employ you? That'd be weird.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2022, 09:17 PM

Both those guys loved slavery tbh.

SnakeBoy
05-27-2022, 09:30 PM

Except at his house tbh

SnakeBoy
05-27-2022, 09:31 PM
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson

SnakeBoy
05-27-2022, 09:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1wQtJJH.jpeg

SnakeBoy
05-27-2022, 09:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/vTmehVY.jpeg

Ef-man
05-27-2022, 09:36 PM
Thomas Jefferson and James Madison banned firearms at the University of Virginia.

DMC
05-27-2022, 09:59 PM
Thomas Jefferson and James Madison banned firearms at the University of Virginia.

derp derp beep bop derpy derpy sherpa sherpa

ElNono
05-27-2022, 10:22 PM
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson

This statement is not something Jefferson wrote, but rather comes from a passage he included in his "Legal Commonplace Book." The passage is from Cesare Beccaria's Essay on Crimes and Punishments, originally published in Italian in 1764.

https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/laws-forbid-carrying-armsspurious-quotation

Winehole23
05-28-2022, 12:08 AM
Damn, SnakeBoy thought it was a dunk.

ElNono
05-28-2022, 12:38 AM

It was a giant swing and miss...
- We're not in 1764 anymore.
- We regulate all sorts of weapons and how they can be carried and displayed.
- Nobody is asking to forbid the ownership of weapons or 'disarm' anybody.

Blake
05-28-2022, 12:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vTmehVY.jpeg

You own a musket?

SnakeBoy
05-28-2022, 01:44 AM

It sent El RandomGuy on a factchecking mission as intended

Winehole23
05-28-2022, 01:47 AM
It sent El RandomGuy on a factchecking mission as intendedlol bragging about your missed dunk

ElNono
05-28-2022, 03:45 AM

Apology accepted

Blake
05-28-2022, 08:26 AM

He should just get his info from alt right memes like you to save him the embarrassment of a 2 minute Googling

ChumpDumper
05-28-2022, 08:42 AM

lol loser talk

Spurminator
05-28-2022, 01:05 PM
"I was wrong but you're pathetic for fact checking"

:lmao Snakeboy is a broken man. I'm glad he has this forum for therapy and friends.

Ef-man
05-28-2022, 02:01 PM

Don't know anything about this. If it is bad for Ol Joe, I'm all for it.

lol loser talk

:lmao :lmao :lmao

DMC
05-28-2022, 02:59 PM
:lol bunch of low information yokels slap fighting and Snake just giggling at you.

Blake
05-28-2022, 03:05 PM
:lol bunch of low information yokels slap fighting and Snake just giggling at you.

Right, you and snake are the high info posters here giggling down at everyone else.

Spurminator
05-28-2022, 03:11 PM

That's right, help your friend off the floor. He'll get you next time.

Ef-man
05-28-2022, 03:14 PM
Chuncko creating the snake rodeo, amirite? :lol

Spurminator
05-28-2022, 03:19 PM
(Speed limit raised to 100 by Republicans in residential areas, resulting in a 600% increase in pedestrian deaths)

DMC: See? Speed limits don't work.

DMC
05-28-2022, 03:34 PM
(Speed limit raised to 100 by Republicans in residential areas, resulting in a 600% increase in pedestrian deaths)

DMC: See? Speed limits don't work.

Left: "The goal is fewer guns in the hands of citizens. I know, let's wait for an emotional event and then threaten to enact gun control legislation"
Collective left: "Yeah! That's when we can get it to pass!"

Right: "That event that just happened means the left will want to use the momentum to get gun control passed, everyone will be buying up ammo and magazines, and maybe even receivers so I better get mine now"
Collective right "Yeah, we better do that too!"

Business minded individual who doesn't give 2 shits about either side "emotional event! Buy buy buy!.. hope it passes! Raise prices and resell because no legislation ever affects merchandise already stocked, only manufacture of new items. But to hedge my bets, if it fails to pass, I can dump all this still for more than I gave for it, before the fervor related dust settles"

Left: "Well the right stopped the legislation... they are the true problem, but we were morally just by trying to remove guns from the hands of citizens"
Right: "Fuck I have twice as many guns as I had before, now I need to buy ammo and high cap magazines before this shit happens again"

Moderate: "I never owned a gun but I went and bought a couple AR's because I need to be protected and I can always resell for more than I gave if I change my mind"

Result - more guns in circulation.

Great job

DMC
05-28-2022, 03:36 PM
That's right, help your friend off the floor. He'll get you next time.

Faggots with scorecards never meant much here.

Blake
05-28-2022, 03:42 PM
Faggots with scorecards never meant much here.

But the ones with Rolodexes?

Blake
05-28-2022, 03:44 PM
Left: "The goal is fewer guns in the hands of citizens. I know, let's wait for an emotional event and then threaten to enact gun control legislation"

Nobody on the left says to wait until tragedy.

Why do you lie?

ChumpDumper
05-28-2022, 03:45 PM

Right: "That event that just happened means the left will want to use the momentum to get gun control passed, everyone will be buying up ammo and magazines, and maybe even receivers so I better get mine now"

Business minded individual who doesn't give 2 shits about either side "emotional event! Buy buy buy!.. hope it passes! Raise prices and resell because no legislation ever affects merchandise already stocked, only manufacture of new items. But to hedge my bets, if it fails to pass, I can dump all this still for more than I gave for it, before the fervor related dust settles"

Left: "Well the right stopped the legislation... they are the true problem, but we were morally just by trying to remove guns from the hands of citizens"
Right: "Fuck I have twice as many guns as I had before, now I need to buy ammo and high cap magazines before this shit happens again"

Moderate: "I never owned a gun but I went and bought a couple AR's because I need to be protected and I can always resell for more than I gave if I change my mind"

Great job

Right: Let's just encourage more guns in circulation no matter what happens or how many kids die.

Result: More guns in circulation and more dead kids.

:lol DMC

Blake
05-28-2022, 03:59 PM

Great job

https://c.tenor.com/BBUdE9InYAgAAAAM/hand-puppet-sock-puppet.gif

DMC
05-28-2022, 04:09 PM
Nobody on the left says to wait until tragedy.

Why do you lie?

What gun control bill is before the Senate that existed prior to the shooting? Prior to the shooting you were focused on Roe v Wade. Prior to that the left was flying the Ukraine colors. Show me gun control on the agenda.

Th'Pusher
05-28-2022, 04:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1wQtJJH.jpeg

2A was actually to be coupled with the 3rd as the FF were intent on not having a standing army.

We got one anyway which basically rendered the 2nd and 3rd amendments unnecessary. You never here about the 3rd. No $$$ to be made there like there is in the 2nd

Blake
05-28-2022, 05:56 PM
What gun control bill is before the Senate that existed prior to the shooting? Prior to the shooting you were focused on Roe v Wade. Prior to that the left was flying the Ukraine colors. Show me gun control on the agenda.

Nope, show your quote in action or fold, liar.

DMC
05-28-2022, 07:08 PM
Nope, show your quote in action or fold, liar.

2005: Congress' Republican majority is joined by dozens of Democrats in passing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms, signed into law by President George W. Bush. The legislation shields gun manufacturers from legal liability in almost all instances where their firearms are criminally used -- with exceptions for defects in gun design, breach of contract and negligence. (PLCAA has since become a major target of Democratic ire, singled out by President Joe Biden, though such protections are not unheard of for other industries.)

You are culpable.

DMC
05-28-2022, 07:09 PM
2013-2016: Partially prompted by the Sandy Hook Elementary School and Pulse nightclub killings, Congress takes up and then votes down various measures to expand background checks for sales online and at gun shows and to block people on no-fly and terrorism watch lists from being able to buy firearms.

Blake
05-28-2022, 07:12 PM
2005: Congress' Republican majority is joined by dozens of Democrats in passing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms, signed into law by President George W. Bush. The legislation shields gun manufacturers from legal liability in almost all instances where their firearms are criminally used -- with exceptions for defects in gun design, breach of contract and negligence. (PLCAA has since become a major target of Democratic ire, singled out by President Joe Biden, though such protections are not unheard of for other industries.)

You are culpable.

You:

Nope. Not there.

DMC
05-28-2022, 07:14 PM
The Final Rule
The rule will go into effect March 26, 2019; 90 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

The final rule clarifies that the definition of “machinegun” in the Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA) includes bump-stock-type devices, i.e., devices that allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger by harnessing the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm to which it is affixed so that the trigger resets and continues firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

Access the final rule in the Federal Register

What To Do
Current possessors of bump-stock-type devices must divest themselves of possession as of the effective date of the final rule (March 26, 2019).

One option is to destroy the device, and the final rule identifies possible methods of destruction, to include completely melting, shredding, or crushing the device. Any method of destruction must render the device incapable of being readily restored to function.

How to destroy bump stocks
Current possessors also have the option to abandon bump-stock-type devices at the nearest ATF office. ATF advises that it is best to make an appointment beforehand with the nearest ATF office.

Find your local ATF office
Background
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

In response to that direction the Department reviewed more than 186,000 public comments and made the decision to make clear that the term “machinegun” as used in the National Firearms Act (NFA), as amended, and Gun Control Act (GCA), as amended, includes all bump-stock-type devices that harness recoil energy to facilitate the continuous operation of a semiautomatic long gun after a single pull of the trigger.

one of the few actual laws in the past 20 years that banned a gun related item, and it was signed into law by Trump. It wasn't just the manufacture, but the possession itself was banned and confiscation was enacted.

Blake
05-28-2022, 07:28 PM
Thing is, there are so many mass shootings that bills are constantly being brought up before the NRA led Republicans shoot them down.

There's no "let's wait until the next one". Nobody on the left is sitting and waiting for the next one after this current round gets shot down again.

ElNono
05-28-2022, 07:31 PM
The Final Rule
The rule will go into effect March 26, 2019; 90 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

The final rule clarifies that the definition of “machinegun” in the Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA) includes bump-stock-type devices, i.e., devices that allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger by harnessing the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm to which it is affixed so that the trigger resets and continues firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

Access the final rule in the Federal Register

What To Do
Current possessors of bump-stock-type devices must divest themselves of possession as of the effective date of the final rule (March 26, 2019).

One option is to destroy the device, and the final rule identifies possible methods of destruction, to include completely melting, shredding, or crushing the device. Any method of destruction must render the device incapable of being readily restored to function.

How to destroy bump stocks
Current possessors also have the option to abandon bump-stock-type devices at the nearest ATF office. ATF advises that it is best to make an appointment beforehand with the nearest ATF office.

Find your local ATF office
Background
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

In response to that direction the Department reviewed more than 186,000 public comments and made the decision to make clear that the term “machinegun” as used in the National Firearms Act (NFA), as amended, and Gun Control Act (GCA), as amended, includes all bump-stock-type devices that harness recoil energy to facilitate the continuous operation of a semiautomatic long gun after a single pull of the trigger.

one of the few actual laws in the past 20 years that banned a gun related item, and it was signed into law by Trump. It wasn't just the manufacture, but the possession itself was banned and confiscation was enacted.

It wasn't a law, it was an ATF rule, so Trump didn't "sign into law" anything, and by making it a rule, didn't expose the conservative side of Congress to having to vote this down.

Also, the rule was thoroughly challenged in court, and currently sitting in front of the SCOTUS:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/white-collar-and-criminal-law/federal-bump-stock-ban-blocked-by-divided-appeals-court
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/product-liability-and-toxics-law/bump-stock-ban-remains-as-appeals-court-splits-on-gun-law
https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/21/21-1215/217621/20220303133533130_GOA%20v%20Garland%20Petition%20f or%20Certiorari.pdf

This is indeed the problem of skirting Congress to enact meaningful regulation.

Ef-man
05-28-2022, 08:20 PM
Then there are binary triggers that the ATF said are legal to own and use by anyone.

They allow the rifle to discharge a round on squeezing the trigger and discharging another round on releasing the trigger.

Like bump stock, lots of rounds go down range, almost like a fully automatic rifle.

DMC
05-29-2022, 12:15 AM
derpa derpa

DMC
05-29-2022, 12:19 AM
It wasn't a law, it was an ATF rule, so Trump didn't "sign into law" anything, and by making it a rule, didn't expose the conservative side of Congress to having to vote this down.

Also, the rule was thoroughly challenged in court, and currently sitting in front of the SCOTUS:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/white-collar-and-criminal-law/federal-bump-stock-ban-blocked-by-divided-appeals-court
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/product-liability-and-toxics-law/bump-stock-ban-remains-as-appeals-court-splits-on-gun-law
https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/21/21-1215/217621/20220303133533130_GOA%20v%20Garland%20Petition%20f or%20Certiorari.pdf

This is indeed the problem of skirting Congress to enact meaningful regulation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-guns/u-s-supreme-court-rejects-challenge-to-ban-on-gun-bump-stocks-idUSKBN20P259

Couldn't the same be done with semiautos since you can simply hook a thumb through a belt loop and get the same result?

ElNono
05-29-2022, 01:46 AM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-guns/u-s-supreme-court-rejects-challenge-to-ban-on-gun-bump-stocks-idUSKBN20P259

I'm aware of that, but the SCOTUS didn't actually rule on the matter, just didn't take the certiorari:

The justices left in place a lower court’s decision that upheld the Trump administration’s action to define bump stocks as prohibited machine guns under U.S. law even as litigation over the policy continues.

and

“How, in all this, can ordinary citizens be expected to keep up?” Gorsuch asked, adding that the bump stock dispute may return to the Supreme Court at a later date.

Couldn't the same be done with semiautos since you can simply hook a thumb through a belt loop and get the same result?

You can technically do anything you want as far as issuing ATF rules. The problem is that courts generally look at "what Congress intended".

This is why it's critical that this gets done by Congress, because it removes any ambiguity. Sure, the court might still deem what Congress passed unconstitutional, but the standard is just much higher.

Winehole23
05-29-2022, 02:48 AM

Winehole23
05-29-2022, 04:48 AM

DMC
05-29-2022, 12:18 PM
I'm aware of that, but the SCOTUS didn't actually rule on the matter, just didn't take the certiorari:

The justices left in place a lower court’s decision that upheld the Trump administration’s action to define bump stocks as prohibited machine guns under U.S. law even as litigation over the policy continues.

and

“How, in all this, can ordinary citizens be expected to keep up?” Gorsuch asked, adding that the bump stock dispute may return to the Supreme Court at a later date.

You can technically do anything you want as far as issuing ATF rules. The problem is that courts generally look at "what Congress intended".

This is why it's critical that this gets done by Congress, because it removes any ambiguity. Sure, the court might still deem what Congress passed unconstitutional, but the standard is just much higher.

I think automatic fire, one pull of the trigger and the ability to fire off several rounds, was the intent of the automatic weapons ban. This is where wording matters. The sear in an automatic weapon is what allows it to function that way, otherwise the semi and full auto are basically the same. If you can create an external sear effect, like a bump stock or using your thumb to capture the energy of recoil, you in effect create an automatic weapon. That should be both a class 2 and an NFA offense. Class 2 since you are basically altering a firearm or manufacturing a different class, even if temporary.

ElNono
05-29-2022, 03:52 PM
I think automatic fire, one pull of the trigger and the ability to fire off several rounds, was the intent of the automatic weapons ban. This is where wording matters. The sear in an automatic weapon is what allows it to function that way, otherwise the semi and full auto are basically the same. If you can create an external sear effect, like a bump stock or using your thumb to capture the energy of recoil, you in effect create an automatic weapon. That should be both a class 2 and an NFA offense. Class 2 since you are basically altering a firearm or manufacturing a different class, even if temporary.

I agree. These are conversations worth having. And to be clear, this rule passed as a knee jerk reaction to the Vegas shooter, so don't discard something positive can be built out of these things.

DMC
05-29-2022, 04:44 PM

If you don't understand sentence structuring I guess that would mean something. It was describing the militia, not the arms. Otherwise it would have said "A Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear well regulated Arms, shall not be infringed.." or "A Militia, being necessary to the security of a well regulated free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.."

Since it didn't create the right, only stated that it shall not be infringed, the reasoning for say it is a moot point. The right exists, and shall not be infringed. Maybe they should have consulted Twitter.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2022, 04:59 PM
It gets infringed all the time.