PDA

View Full Version : Cowherd says the Spurs and Patriots dynasties are over

JohnnyMax
10-07-2017, 01:43 AM

Ice009
10-07-2017, 05:16 AM
Yeah? Well this guy is an authority of everything Basketball and Football. lol.

cd98
10-07-2017, 05:45 AM
Yes well Tim retired and Manu is next while Tony isn’t far behind. Lashing is a star, but if the Spurs can’t get a manu/Parker to support him, yes, the Spurs days of being able to win titles are over.

Mr. Body
10-07-2017, 06:09 AM
Not a surprise. It's time.

BillMc
10-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Whether he's wrong or right, I wish he was over. Can't stand that guy. He radiates smugness.

SpurOutofTownFan
10-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Not sure I disagree with him.

The Patriots with old Brady can go as far - to me the Patriots are right now semi-over. What happened last year against the Falcons was a fluke. They should have never won that game. Period. It was given to them.

Re the Spurs, with Tim gone and Manu semi-gone and Parker almost there, if the Spurs can't find real high-caliber support for KL it looks like it could be over as well. The difference with the Spurs is that KL is now starting his prime so there's still time to recover and keep up form.

Play Boban
10-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Cowherd is a moron.

SPURt
10-07-2017, 09:10 AM
At least they call the Spurs a dynasty. Some argued against it before the last chip.

That said, Cowherd is butt jelly.

Ice009
10-07-2017, 09:16 AM

The Patriots with old Brady can go as far - to me the Patriots are right now semi-over. What happened last year against the Falcons was a fluke. They should have never won that game. Period. It was given to them.

Re the Spurs, with Tim gone and Manu semi-gone and Parker almost there, if the Spurs can't find real high-caliber support for KL it looks like it could be over as well. The difference with the Spurs is that KL is now starting his prime so there's still time to recover and keep up form.

That's the point with the Spurs, the Spurs legends may have gotten old and one of them is retired, but a young player on one of those Championship teams (should be at least two rings as I still don't acknowledge Miami taking it in 2013) has turned himself into a Superstar. So the Spurs door is still open as long as Kawhi is/stays healthy IMO.

DMC
10-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Everything is over until it's not.

29 teams are "over" every season. Which other team isn't "over" right now with GS being a juggernaut? Does anyone buy the Boston facade? How about the Houston or OKC facades? Aren't these just cute little pushes to show dissent toward Durant's decision to stack an already strong team to absurdity?

sananspursfan21
10-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Season hasn’t even started yet! He’s just being an eager beaver

bklynspursfan
10-07-2017, 09:53 AM
The season hasn't even started. What a tool :lol

TheDoctor
10-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Whether he's wrong or right, I wish he was over. Can't stand that guy. He radiates smugness.

UZER
10-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Cowherd loves to irk San Antonio.

Years ago, there was a guy on national radio who would literally go out of his way to piss off Spurs fans because they would immediately start calling in to his show. I think his name was Peter Brown.

He talked asterisk. He said they got lucky. He said Duncan never deserved any of his MVPs. On and on. This went on for 4-5 years I think. :lol

He worshipped Kobe Shaq and the Lakers. So I couldn't really tell if he was playing a game or was really just a douche Laker fan. It felt like the latter.

10-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Every year someone predicts the Spurs will finally decline and each year they're wrong.

Darkwaters
10-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Yea, because making a statement like, "the Patriots and Spurs are going to win a ton of games and be competitors in 2017" is definitely the way to make headlines, get clicks are have people repost your articles in message boards.

You realize that all those sports commentators are basically just hype machines. Ever watch that soap opera called First Take? There's a reason why they ALWAYS disagree on camera.

ECOV
10-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Every year someone predicts the Spurs will finally decline and each year they're wrong.
this, spurs are always looked over.

BillMc
10-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Sadly, many of those doomsayers are on here. :lol

BillMc
10-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Yea, because making a statement like, "the Patriots and Spurs are going to win a ton of games and be competitors in 2017" is definitely the way to make headlines, get clicks are have people repost your articles in message boards.

You realize that all those sports commentators are basically just hype machines. Ever watch that soap opera called First Take? There's a reason why they ALWAYS disagree on camera.
Truth. What has happened to sports journalism? Frank Deford must be rolling over in his grave.

IronMexican
10-07-2017, 11:38 AM

He's got a habit of doing this, so to be able to say he called it before. I am sure he is saying this, and believes it, though.

He's not like most radio guys who love making preposterous claims for views. He's a lot more level headed, and definitely my favorite national guy.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-07-2017, 11:40 AM
The pats are 3-2, yes they haven't looked very good even in their wins, but it's still early in the season.

UZER
10-07-2017, 11:54 AM
He's got a habit of doing this, so to be able to say he called it before. I am sure he is saying this, and believes it, though.

He's not like most radio guys who love making preposterous claims for views. He's a lot more level headed, and definitely my favorite national guy.

All they have to do is not win the championship and he'll be right. They could get to the finals and loose and he'll still be "right".

TheGreatYacht
10-07-2017, 12:12 PM
No shit. This team doesn't win 20 game against without Kawhi. One man team coached by someone who self-admittedly says he wasn't trying to incorporate players to the system last year.

Proxy
10-07-2017, 01:29 PM
If you keep saying the dynasty is over every year, you'll eventually be right about it

SilverSpur
10-07-2017, 01:37 PM
They are both slowing down not dying. They are both letting their stars finish when they want to finish. Brady, Parker Ginobili are leaving championship DNA with these two organizations
Belicheck and Popovich are going to bring in new blood and it will start all over again.

SuperCam
10-07-2017, 03:39 PM
cowhard was the only one in the main stream media who called out Poop's ego and shtick, and the accolades he got that Tim earned in his career, tbh:

thunder
10-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Cowherd is the proverbial elephant in the room. If you get irked by his comments consider yourself got.

TheRemix
10-07-2017, 03:46 PM
What? Spurs just won over 60 games last season and made it to the wcf..it's far from over. Spurs are retooling not dying

Keepin' it real
10-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Cowherd is a moron.

:cry

coachmac87
10-07-2017, 04:24 PM
I think Cowherd is one of the best radio guys...but this take doesn't make sense and has more to say for Pats and not Spurs...

NBA season hasn't started yet LMAO.

I understand both franchises get compared a lot but this doesn't make any sense..Spurs tbh are already in the Garappalo era tbh haha

And stop the "system" BS..it's the CULTURE

Dex
10-07-2017, 04:35 PM
I knew OP was retarded, but listening to Colin fucking Cowherd just puts him in a whole new realm of stupid.

tholdren
10-07-2017, 05:13 PM

Yep. Cowherds takes are as shitty as timdunkems. Just terrible radio, never watched the garbage on tv

tholdren
10-07-2017, 05:15 PM
The pats are 3-2, yes they haven't looked very good even in their wins, but it's still early in the season.

They lost their 2 best receivers, so wtf?

Play Boban
10-07-2017, 05:23 PM
:cry
:cry Does the truth hurt you, Cowherd fanboy? :cry

UNT Eagles 2016
10-07-2017, 06:01 PM
They lost their 2 best receivers, so wtf?
They only lost Edelman.

IronMexican
10-07-2017, 07:49 PM
I knew OP was retarded, but listening to Colin fucking Cowherd just puts him in a whole new realm of stupid.

What's better? Mike and Mike?

DMC
10-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Cowherd is the proverbial elephant in the room. If you get irked by his comments consider yourself got.

Not sure you understand the term "elephant in the room" based on how you just used it.

UZER
10-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Not sure you understand the term "elephant in the room" based on how you just used it.

:lol

thunder
10-07-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm an unconventional guy. And I meant to use it that way. Interpret as you may.

SnakeBoy
10-07-2017, 10:15 PM
He has openly admitted he caters to lakerfan, cavfan, dubfan to get ratings and since the Spurs are a small market he doesn't care about them.

spurs10
10-08-2017, 05:06 AM
Well put Bill. It's a lot like music writers where for a time they seemed to try to make it all about them. Today I'm happy to see some music writers that actual go out and listen to music and champion bands, imagine that. Cowherd, obvious play on name is too obvious, is so afraid he is irrelevant, which he surely is, that he tries to act like he is somebody with something to say. He is failing miserably.

BillMc
10-08-2017, 05:45 AM
Well put Bill. It's a lot like music writers where for a time they seemed to try to make it all about them. Today I'm happy to see some music writers that actual go out and listen to music and champion bands, imagine that. Cowherd, obvious play on name is too obvious, is so afraid he is irrelevant, which he surely is, that he tries to act like he is somebody with something to say. He is failing miserably.

:toast

LittleCriminal
10-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Why or how does this guy have his own show??
Never even heard of this dude till now.

unleashbaynes
10-08-2017, 10:12 AM

Dan Patrick is definitely the gold standard.

Clay Travis is pretty funny.

Rich Eisen should be good on monday when he melts down about Michigan's loss.

IronMexican
10-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Dan Patrick is boring.

Clay Travis is good, but he's over at 6 on the west coast

We don't even get Rich Eisenhower here. I think we get local syndicates at his slot.

Whatever Fox is putting out >>>>>>>> ESPN

InRareForm
10-08-2017, 11:19 AM
we have heard this every year since 2012... we are in the mix still and all it takes is one big trade or a curry rolled ankle tbh...

duncan2k5
10-08-2017, 11:49 AM

Almost gone? Parker has been gone for some time... A good game from him is a pleasant surprise, as opposed to it being the norm, as it should be

tmtcsc
10-08-2017, 12:11 PM
At least they call the Spurs a dynasty. Some argued against it before the last chip.

That said, Cowherd is butt jelly.

Man, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. He actually called the Spurs a Dynasty? He's as clueless a motherfucker and as anti-Spurs, anti-systems as there is. He's all about Superstars and Superstars win Championships...Blah Blah Blah. I guarantee you he would take back calling the Spurs a dynasty.

UZER
10-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Dan Patrick is definitely the gold standard.

Patrick has a bias too. He had OJ Mayo on once and asked him who was the toughest person for him to guard in the NBA. Paraphrasing:

Patrick: toughest guy?
Mayo: Manu
P: Manu?
M: yes, so crafty with ball.
P: what about Kobe?
M: he's tough but for me it's Manu.
P: Not Kobe?
M: He's tough
P: Tell me why Kobe it's tough.

unleashbaynes
10-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Patrick has a bias too. He had OJ Mayo on once and asked him who was the toughest person for him to guard in the NBA. Paraphrasing:

He also once told OJ Simpson, to his face, that he believed he was guilty of the murders.

lefty
10-08-2017, 02:42 PM
He's right

Seventyniner
10-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Cowherd says a lot of things.

Hoops Czar
10-08-2017, 10:57 PM
The Spurs dynasty ended in 2007. One championship in 10 years doesn't make a dynasty.

YGWHI
10-08-2017, 11:51 PM
So the Spurs door is still open as long as Kawhi is/stays healthy IMO.

It all depends on whether or not the Spurs find the right pieces to surround him in next 3-5 years

LeBron didn't make the Finals until he built a superteam with Wade and Bosh.

After 2004, Tim had prime Parker and Manu. Warriors gave Curry, Klay and Draymond.

I doubt the young guys that Spurs have drafted in the last 6 years since Kawhi's trade, become All-Stars

YGWHI
10-08-2017, 11:57 PM
The Spurs dynasty ended in 2007. One championship in 10 years doesn't make a dynasty.

20 consecutive seasons making playoffs=Dynasty of Excellence.

spurs10
10-09-2017, 02:01 AM
He also once told OJ Simpson, to his face, that he believed he was guilty of the murders.
Easiest call in the world about Simpson. There has never been a murder case with more overwhelming evidence against someone since the dawn of man. Do good on him.

spurs10
10-09-2017, 02:02 AM
Easiest call in the world about Simpson. There has never been a murder case with more overwhelming evidence against someone since the dawn of man. Do good on him. Please know it's Patrick not the idiot guy that called Simpson out.

dabom
10-09-2017, 02:52 AM

:lmao

TheDoctor
10-09-2017, 09:29 AM
It all depends on whether or not the Spurs find the right pieces to surround him in next 3-5 years

LeBron didn't make the Finals until he built a superteam with Wade and Bosh.

After 2004, Tim had prime Parker and Manu. Warriors gave Curry, Klay and Draymond.

I doubt the young guys that Spurs have drafted in the last 6 years since Kawhi's trade, become All-Stars
You meant "won"? 23 y/o LBJ surely carried a bunch of scrubs to the Finals in 2007.

travis2
10-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Cowherd loves to irk San Antonio.

Years ago, there was a guy on national radio who would literally go out of his way to piss off Spurs fans because they would immediately start calling in to his show. I think his name was Peter Brown.

He talked asterisk. He said they got lucky. He said Duncan never deserved any of his MVPs. On and on. This went on for 4-5 years I think. :lol

He worshipped Kobe Shaq and the Lakers. So I couldn't really tell if he was playing a game or was really just a douche Laker fan. It felt like the latter.

You remember correctly about Peter Brown. He was a Knicks fan. Hard-core NYC person.

He was on the air around here during the 1st championship run. Don't know how much longer as I stopped listening to his show after that.

skulls138
10-09-2017, 12:40 PM

P: Tell me why Kobe it's tough.When the Spurs win a championship its like a double win because these guys are MADE to recognize them. I want another one.

DAF86
10-09-2017, 02:01 PM
What this guy doesn't seem to realize is that the Patriots superstar is 40 years old, the Spurs' supertar is 25 years old. The Spurs won't be going away for a long time, tbh.

Dex
10-09-2017, 02:08 PM

I'm fairly convinced that everyone on ESPN at this point is an idiot.

At least Michelle Beadle is nice to look at.

UZER
10-09-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm fairly convinced that everyone on ESPN at this point is an idiot.

At least Michelle Beadle is nice to look at.

I'm not that pointy elbows dude, but Beadle is not nice to look at. She's got major Leather face going on and ain't pretty.

Dex
10-09-2017, 07:15 PM
I'm not that pointy elbows dude, but Beadle is not nice to look at. She's got major Leather face going on and ain't pretty.

You're not trying to marry the girl. As far as sportscasters goes, she is in the top 10%.

I. Hustle
10-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Yes well Tim retired and Manu is next while Tony isn’t far behind. Lashing is a star, but if the Spurs can’t get a manu/Parker to support him, yes, the Spurs days of being able to win titles are over.

Cowherd is just dumb. As long as we have Lashing, we are always contenders for the Championship. Every other team wishes they had Lashing. My guess is that Lashing will get MVP, FMVP, DPOY and 1st team everything this year.

I. Hustle
10-09-2017, 07:43 PM

Eh... When in Rome

I. Hustle
10-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Dan Patrick is boring.

Clay Travis is good, but he's over at 6 on the west coast

We don't even get Rich Eisenhower here. I think we get local syndicates at his slot.

Whatever Fox is putting out >>>>>>>> ESPN

Does Rich Eisenhower every have Lashing on the show?

DMC
10-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Eh... When in Rome

Don't smoke like a chain.

tonight...you
10-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Don't smoke like a chain.
Ha ha ha!!! Damn...

On point though: I don't have the time, or inclination to listen to sport's radio.
I've never heard any of these guys.

8FOR!3
10-10-2017, 09:48 AM
What this guy doesn't seem to realize is that the Patriots superstar is 40 years old, the Spurs' supertar is 25 years old. The Spurs won't be going away for a long time, tbh.

Patriots will figure it out even once Brady retires. If Jimmy G didn’t have IT I don’t think he’d last that long on the team. Belicheck sells high on his other young QB’s and has kept Jimmy for a reason imo

DAF86
10-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Patriots will figure it out even once Brady retires. If Jimmy G didn’t have IT I don’t think he’d last that long on the team. Belicheck sells high on his other young QB’s and has kept Jimmy for a reason imo

I'm not saying The Patriots can't mantain their run (but it's far from a given. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees), I'm just saying that having a 25 year old superstar pretty much guarantees the Spurs to mantain theirs, unless something very unlikely happens.

8FOR!3
10-10-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm not saying The Patriots can't mantain their run (but it's far from a given. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees), I'm just saying that having a 25 year old superstar pretty much guarantees the Spurs to mantain theirs, unless something very unlikely happens.

agreed, they definitely don’t have the definite young superstar yet.

YGWHI
10-11-2017, 12:41 PM
You meant "won"? 23 y/o LBJ surely carried a bunch of scrubs to the Finals in 2007.
My bad.
I wanted to reply Hoops Czar about there's no need of winning rings in a row to build a dynasty...Teams making playoffs for 20 years or Conference Finals are at the same level of excellence as the rest of consecutive champs, then I made a mistake and posted making Finals instead of winning a title.