PDA

View Full Version : Tie breaker question

Dre_7
10-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I have a question about conference tiebreakers. After head to head, what is the tie breaker? Overall record?

For example, if (and thats a HUGE IF) Wisconsin wins out, and Ohio State wins out, both will have the same conference record, and they would not have played eachother. Wisconsin would have the better overall. Who would win the Big Ten???

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Each conference is different and most tiebreakers are akin to quantum physics theories. :lol

I know the Big 10 used(back in the Rose Bowl automatic bid days) to have a rule that if two teams tied for the top, the team that had been away from the Rose Bowl the longest got to go. :wow I am sure it has changed now. :)

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Each conference is different and most tiebreakers are akin to quantum physics theories. :lol

I know the Big 10 used(back in the Rose Bowl automatic bid days) to have a rule that if two teams tied for the top, the team that had been away from the Rose Bowl the longest got to go. :wow I am sure it has changed now. :)

I'm not sure it has been changed completely.

From the Big 10 website:

4) If there is still a tie, or if the tied teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on the percentage basis of all games played in the traditional 11-game schedule, or in certain years (2002 and 2003) 12-game schedule.

5) If there is still a tie, the most recent team earning BCS automatic selection shall be eliminated.

dmac
10-17-2005, 03:14 PM

don't they do "eenie meenie miny moe..."?