PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson traded to Cardinals

Darth_Pelican
10-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Failed experiment in New Orleans. He just didn't fit in the offense. Also, he got 27 carries to prove that he still had that elite explosiveness. He does not. He averaged 3.0 yards per carry and his long was 11 yards. With the emergence of Alvin Kamara, there just isn't a spot for AP.

Pelicans78
10-10-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm shocked someone took him. Potential cancer traded away. He wasn't gonna be happy getting limited carries.

Fabbs
10-10-2017, 12:29 PM
I think he'll regret that fumble in the playoff game MN had all but sealed if they just held onto the ball.

Can't see him getting another Bowl shot unless he just bandwaggons on to a winner.

Chris
10-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Arians will figure out how to use him imo should be a good fit for him, but this is likely his last year.

Pelicans78
10-10-2017, 05:03 PM
I think he would have been fine as the primary ball carrier since the Saints have a good o-line but he wasn't getting much touches here and has salary was too much as a 3rd stringer. Glad the Saints got something for him.

Spurtacular
10-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Hard to say if Peterson is done. He's not that far removed from an MVP; and he was always a freak of nature. Teams stack the box on him too much. The Saints should have used him a bit more like they did Reggie Bush and hit him in space more.

Avante
10-10-2017, 10:10 PM
No way I bring in a RB who has shown himself to be a selfish/ME player. The Cards will regret this move.

Great RB who ended up somewhere else.

O.J. Simpson Niners
Tony Dorsett Broncos
Emmitt Smith Cards
Earl Campbell Saints
Eric Dickerson/Herschel Walker....how many teams?
Marcus Allen Chiefs
Marshawn Lynch Seahawks/Raiders
Marshall Faulk Rams
LaDainian Tomlinson Jets
Jerome Bettis Steelers
Franco Harris Seahawks

Only one team

Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Walter Payton
Gale Sayers

SpursforSix
10-11-2017, 10:42 AM
No way I bring in a RB who has shown himself to be a selfish/ME player. The Cards will regret this move.

Great RB who ended up somewhere else.

O.J. Simpson Niners
Tony Dorsett Broncos
Emmitt Smith Cards
Earl Campbell Saints
Eric Dickerson/Herschel Walker....how many teams?
Marcus Allen Chiefs
Marshawn Lynch Seahawks/Raiders
Marshall Faulk Rams
LaDainian Tomlinson Jets
Jerome Bettis Steelers
Franco Harris Seahawks

Only one team

Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Walter Payton
Gale Sayers

Cards don't have anything to lose by giving it a shot. Doubt they'll have much regret.

JMarkJohns
10-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Cardinals are awful. I doubt this changes things. Their line is one of the worst in football due to age/injury, and their defense has almost no prime talent beyond Jones, Peterson, Matthieu.

He’s a name to keep fans interested until Johnson returns.

He’s not helping them not get killed by the Eagles, or not throw 3 INTs vs Lions.

Avante
10-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Cards don't have anything to lose by giving it a shot. Doubt they'll have much regret.

The Saints regret bringing him in, this will be different, why?

Pelicans78
10-11-2017, 08:01 PM

The Saints were deep at RB and didn't have room to give him carries. Cardinals have a big hole at RB with their main back out.

Avante
10-11-2017, 08:57 PM
The Saints were deep at RB and didn't have room to give him carries. Cardinals have a big hole at RB with their main back out.

Dude, why tell me what we all know?

AP is a selfish jerk, watch how this plays out.

Pelicans78
10-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Dude, why tell me what we all know?

AP is a selfish jerk, watch how this plays out.

I don't think it will hurt Arizona at all. They're a struggling team who needs a RB.

Avante
10-11-2017, 10:54 PM
I don't think it will hurt Arizona at all. They're a struggling team who needs a RB.

The guy doesn't have it anymore, ok? So once the Cards see thiis there he'll sit......now think, ok?

He's 32 years old, and not a banger.

SpursforSix
10-12-2017, 01:16 AM

What do the Saints regret? They get a pick maybe. They also have two capable backs. For their offense anyway. The Cards...not so much.

Avante
10-12-2017, 02:29 PM
What do the Saints regret? They get a pick maybe. They also have two capable backs. For their offense anyway. The Cards...not so much.

You really think anyone there enjoyed the AP experience?

SpursforSix
10-12-2017, 02:56 PM

Uh...they are totally different teams. And do the Saint really regret it? They got a conditional pick. And it's not like he won or lost any games for them.

Saints didn't need him in the first place. The Cards....kind of do.

Kyle Orton
10-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Uh...they are totally different teams. And do the Saint really regret it? They got a conditional pick. And it's not like he won or lost any games for them.

Saints didn't need him in the first place. The Cards....kind of do.

Here comes a half a page meltdown complete with a you don’t know shit about ww2 era cardinal rbs list that nobody gives a fuck about

Darth_Pelican
10-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Here comes a half a page meltdown complete with a you don’t know shit about ww2 era cardinal rbs list that nobody gives a fuck about

Also a reminder about how long he's watched the game and that he played in high school.

Chris
10-12-2017, 03:44 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22365697_1977588588926640_8653700262171207489_n.jp g?oh=922212803fe51582a392e5aac58d9c2c&oe=5A7A3547

Avante
10-12-2017, 03:46 PM

I can keep it simple, ya know.....fit in. Besides who here doesn't know about....

Hall of Famers Ernie Nevers, Ollie Matson with the Chicago Cardinals
Charlie Trippi Chicago Cardinals
John David Crow St. Louis Cardinals
Terry Metcalf....great all purpose
Of course the franchise all time leading rush Otis Anderson.

Ha~~~~~~~~~~

Not as easy as I make it look knowing it all.

Let's not forget.....Prentice Gautt, Joe Chidress, Thunder Thornton, Jim Otis.

Avante
10-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Also a reminder about how long he's watched the game and that he played in high school.

I'd love to have others here who could talk the game on my level. Guys like you need to learn things, why fight it? Hell, I remember back before we had the Saints. Hell, your first stud receiver was a slow white guy.....who?

Darth_Pelican
10-12-2017, 04:09 PM
I'd love to have others here who could talk the game on my level. Guys like you need to learn things, why fight it? Hell, I remember back before we had the Saints. Hell, your first stud receiver was a slow white guy.....who?

Ambramowicz. Before my time but I know the Saints. Season tickets in my family since I was a kid & I’ve had my own since 2003. Grew up watching Dalton Hilliard, Eric Martin, the “Dome Patrol”, etc. Should have won a couple playoff games back then but it was hell with those Montana/Young 49ers teams in our division.

Avante
10-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Ambramowicz. Before my time but I know the Saints. Season tickets in my family since I was a kid & I’ve had my own since 2003. Grew up watching Dalton Hilliard, Eric Martin, the “Dome Patrol”, etc. Should have won a couple playoff games back then but it was hell with those Montana/Young 49ers teams in our division.

Bingo~~~~

Thing is what is wrong with having somebody around who actually saw Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, John Unitas play? I remember pre AFL. There were no Dallas Cowboys. If I were a young guy I'd be picking his brain, learn all I could.

AlexJones
10-12-2017, 07:23 PM
RBs not as important as offensive line in todays NFL

JMarkJohns
10-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Helped them to a 31-0 lead.

Didn’t help much when they almost blew it vs a team starting Fitzpatrick at QB.

Still, nice to see Offense play well.

Pelicans78
10-15-2017, 07:03 PM
Helped them to a 31-0 lead.

Didn’t help much when they almost blew it vs a team starting Fitzpatrick at QB.

Still, nice to see Offense play well.

Yeah I was arguing with the fat fuck in this thread that it was a good trade for the Cards. Glad it worked out for him and the team.

Silver&Black
10-15-2017, 07:50 PM
Gave us the business....

DeadlyDynasty
10-15-2017, 07:53 PM
I'm actually more afraid of Fitz than Jameis next week.

JMarkJohns
10-23-2017, 09:42 AM
There’s the Cardinals I’ve known for most of the last 2 seasons!

Avante
10-26-2017, 12:18 AM
If ever we saw a better example of.....SLOW DOWN GIVES THINGS SOME TIME....what was it? The guy looked good (not real speedy anyway) in his first game then......nothing. Now it's...?????