PDA

View Full Version : Jared Zwerling: Source close to Leonard says he's worried about roster and future

Pages : [1] 2

TD 21
10-12-2017, 03:44 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/video/2017/10/12/2017-18-nba-preview-why-kawhi-leonard-worried-about-spurs-roster

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 03:45 PM
lol :lol

Not that I trust this guy or his "sources", but the more enlightened forum goers here have said it's likely Kawhi, sooner or later, will get frustrated with PATFO's awful moves to keep the team in championship contention. So it's not particularly shocking that this news is coming out.

Yes, they brought over LMA:lol ,have been in a good place relative to other teams the past couple of years and, yes, Golden State is the monkey wrench in it all. Still, Kawhi is such a great player that, if with even a little more help, this team would be the favorite in a series against GS.

And, no, a one-legged Gay, one-legged Tony, LaSoftus, two guys with giant heads, a starting shooting guard who can't breathe and dribble at the same time, and a 40 year old as the best bench player on the team is not the help he needs to get past Golden State.

SAGirl
10-12-2017, 03:48 PM
He should be... Pop keeping really old geezers.
To be fair to the Spurs they tried to shift gears and do something differently this summer and were just unable to.
If Lamarcus walks for nothing and Spurs don't land anyone of significance next summer they will be in trouble.

dabom
10-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Source. :lol

DAF86
10-12-2017, 03:53 PM
I read "Kawhi Leonard worried" and I thought it was going to be related to the thigh injury. Almost shit my pants.

bklynspursfan
10-12-2017, 03:58 PM
He talks about age but names 3 guys... The Spurs aren't as old as people make them out to be on TV or on this site. They've won with older squads.. they've got a nice mix of youth/vets with hopefully some younger guys being able to take pressure off the older cats and save em as much as possible.

Having said that, they were just in the WCF, and it remains to be seen whether they'll be better this year with some of the guys they've added and guys who hopefully show some growth in development.

Plus, (and probably most importantly) Kawhi doesn't talk to anyone. No one knows how he feels

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 04:01 PM
^What? Most of the important pieces on this team are on the wrong age of thirty or getting there.

NASpurs
10-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Yeah no fucking shit. PATFO fluffers will try to spin this shit though.

Robz4000
10-12-2017, 04:03 PM
I'd be worried about the direction of this team too if I were in his shoes.

:lmao paying Gasol and Mills $100 mil

bklynspursfan
10-12-2017, 04:05 PM
^What? Most of the important pieces on this team are on the wrong age of thirty or getting there.

Most? What do you consider the wrong side of 30 then lol only 3 guys are 35+

3 guys 35+
3 guys between 30-32 (surely you don't consider this the wrong side of 30?)
Everyone else in the 20s

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 04:06 PM

"You're just a spoiled fan. The Spurs had back-to-back 60 win seasons and just brought over a limpy Rudy Gay. The front office is trying their best!" :madrun

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Most? What do you consider the wrong side of 30 then lol only 3 guys are 35+

3 guys 35+
3 guys between 30-32 (surely you don't consider this the wrong side of 30?)
Everyone else in the 20s

When you're dealing with softies like LMA:lol who struggle to stay in shape, guys like Green who need quick feet to play defense well enough to even justify being on the floor, or guys like Gay who rely on athleticism, yeah, I think being over 30 quickly becomes a factor. This is the NBA you know - speed and athleticism does play a crucial role.

Also lol at downplaying that "only" three major pieces are 35+.

SAGirl
10-12-2017, 04:14 PM
I will leave TGY to make a photo composite of the roster, since he's funnier anyways.

bklynspursfan
10-12-2017, 04:21 PM
When you're dealing with softies like LMA:lol who struggle to stay in shape, guys like Green who need quick feet to play defense well enough to even justify being on the floor, or guys like Gay who rely on athleticism, yeah, I think being over 30 quickly becomes a factor. This is the NBA you know - speed and athleticism does play a crucial role.

Also lol at downplaying that "only" three major pieces are 35+.

I think it depends. We've seen many guys over 30 not slow down or adjust to the game. Several have been on our team .

And I'm not down playing anything, I think Manu has seen his role/mins decrease steadily in recent years. Like I said the hope is that our young bloods can do their thing during the season and keep a guy like TP fresh so he can do what he did in the playoffs last season.

Pau also saw his minutes / role decreased a bit, seems to be based on the matchup at hand. Highly doing he'd play huge minutes vs GS

jermaine
10-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Is there anyway possible the Spurs can get Clay?

RD2191
10-12-2017, 04:36 PM

TBH

RD2191
10-12-2017, 04:37 PM
TBH. I don't expect anything to change. They did the same with Timmy. Timmy should've gone out with at least 6 or 7 rings imo. PATFO is extremely lucky that Tony and Manu turned into legit NBA stars.

Big Empty
10-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Yep....Unless the Spurs have massive success this year, or if we don't land another superstar next summer, Kawhi most likely bolts.

Dex
10-12-2017, 04:41 PM
:wakeup Wake me up when it comes from Kawhi...or at least from a fucking source whose name I've heard before.

Dude is a senior writer for Bleacher Report for god's sake...the most sensationalized, least tapped in outfit in sports journalism.

Him saying his "inside source" has info on Kawhi is about as legitimate as me saying my "inside source" says Kawhi has monkeys coming out of his butt.

duncan2k5
10-12-2017, 04:43 PM
I think it depends. We've seen many guys over 30 not slow down or adjust to the game. Several have been on our team .

And I'm not down playing anything, I think Manu has seen his role/mins decrease steadily in recent years. Like I said the hope is that our young bloods can do their thing during the season and keep a guy like TP fresh so he can do what he did in the playoffs last season.

Pau also saw his minutes / role decreased a bit, seems to be based on the matchup at hand. Highly doing he'd play huge minutes vs GS
What exactly did Tony do in the playoffs last season? Have a good 3 point shooting game between his zero point/zero assist games?

Dex
10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
As for the age argument....the Spurs are about as young as they have been since the pre-Duncan era.

Yes, their big guns are on the wrong side of thirty, namely Parker, Manu, and Gasol.

Everybody else is in their prime years or under it. They got a huge value contract on Gay if he can stay healthy, Aldridge is still in perfectly good shape as a bigman at 32, and everybody else on the roster is like 26 or under.

They've bolstered the youth movement with guys like Murray, Anderson, Bertans, Forbes, and Paul.

If the Spurs had let Manu and Gasol walk, suddenly everyone would be saying they are too "young and inexperienced" or "don't have veteran leadership".

All the whine-o-saurs on this board can call this a spin, but you'll all still be there acting like you give a shit when the Spurs are knocking on the door to the WCF again.

raybies
10-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Spur fan needs some lottery seasons tbh too damn spoiled round here. Drain the swamp of all the rich bandwagoner fans that fill the lower bowl and get some real fans there.... its perfect. People round here will stop being so entitled and just thankful to be relevant.

TBH who cares if we leaves. We've had a run for the ages. Sooner or later the run is going to end. Hopefully they can convince him to stay like they did Duncan, who also had one chip and a roster full of questions. Tony and Many popped up and the rest was history. Maybe Murray can be that or White... I got high hopes for them. If not, oh well. It was fun.

Dex
10-12-2017, 04:57 PM
What exactly did Tony do in the playoffs last season? Have a good 3 point shooting game between his zero point/zero assist games?

Between? Games? He had one single game with 0/0, and he only played 19 minutes in a loss to Memphis in the first round.

Even counting that one shitty game, he still averaged 15 and 3 while shooting 47.5% from the floor and 51.2% from three throughout the playoffs.

Remove that game from the equation, and those numbers jump to 18 and 3.5 with 54%/58% splits.

Considering everybody wants Parker to back off from his hero-balling ways, I'm not sure what the hell else you are expecting from him.

But go ahead and try to spin things a little harder next time. :rolleyes

bklynspursfan
10-12-2017, 05:08 PM

I believe Dex answered this for me....

bklynspursfan
10-12-2017, 05:09 PM
As for the age argument....the Spurs are about as young as they have been since the pre-Duncan era.

Yes, their big guns are on the wrong side of thirty, namely Parker, Manu, and Gasol.

Everybody else is in their prime years or under it. They got a huge value contract on Gay if he can stay healthy, Aldridge is still in perfectly good shape as a bigman at 32, and everybody else on the roster is like 26 or under.

They've bolstered the youth movement with guys like Murray, Anderson, Bertans, Forbes, and Paul.

If the Spurs had let Manu and Gasol walk, suddenly everyone would be saying they are too "young and inexperienced" or "don't have veteran leadership".

All the whine-o-saurs on this board can call this a spin, but you'll all still be there acting like you give a shit when the Spurs are knocking on the door to the WCF again.

:toast

Agreed

cd021
10-12-2017, 05:11 PM
To be fair to the Spurs they tried to shift gears and do something differently this summer and were just unable to.
If Lamarcus walks for nothing and Spurs don't land anyone of significance next summer they will be in trouble.

I'd be shocked if he did that. but the Spurs are likely to be over the cap and this is likely the team next season possibly minus Manu.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-12-2017, 05:13 PM

SAGirl
10-12-2017, 05:21 PM
I'd be shocked if he did that. but the Spurs are likely to be over the cap and this is likely the team next season possibly minus Manu.
I just don't know with Lamarcus. I completely understand the billboard to try to change his mind about staying. Things like that are important to him. Much as ppl want to make excuses for him, he's quite the diva.

I don't take him for granted, dude was on the trade block 3 months ago and he was upset and wanted to leave. It's like a marriage in the brink of divorce. It can go either way with some marriage counseling... maybe you patch things up and move on. But sometimes things don't change and parties need to split. I like how he's playing a lot but we'll see.

tholdren
10-12-2017, 05:27 PM

Dumb

cd021
10-12-2017, 05:31 PM

People may say that- people who use cliche's but that doesn't necessarily affect the spurs on court.

Losing Manu would've hurt but Gasol really wasn't that much better than David Lee last season and playing him $16 million this season, next season, and $7 million the season after that (assuming he retires and or is stretched and waived.He is replaceable. I get it, he was willing to take a pay cut if they added a star but since they didn't the had to make his whole plus some but it's a awful contract for a player that is declining.

Stabula
10-12-2017, 05:41 PM
lol :lol

Not that I trust this guy or his "sources", but the more enlightened forum goers here have said it's likely Kawhi, sooner or later, will get frustrated with PATFO's awful moves to keep the team in championship contention. So it's not particularly shocking that this news is coming out.

Yes, they brought over LMA:lol ,have been in a good place relative to other teams the past couple of years and, yes, Golden State is the monkey wrench in it all. Still, Kawhi is such a great player that, if with even a little more help, this team would be the favorite in a series against GS.

And, no, a one-legged Gay, one-legged Tony, LaSoftus, two guys with giant heads, a starting shooting guard who can't breathe and dribble at the same time, and a 40 year old as the best bench player on the team is not the help he needs to get past Golden State.

You sound like a really whiny person. I'm sure your co-workers love your company.

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 05:45 PM
:cry You sound like a really whiny person. :cry I'm sure your co-workers love your company. :cry
Everyone loves me, tbh.

Especially my stalker, tholdren.

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2017, 05:59 PM
41 year old Manure is the 6th man
37 year old Gasoft is a starter
35 year old MVParker is a starter
32 year old Lamarsha is a starter
31 year old Rudy Gay with no achilles is THE big FA signing
30 year old Declining D-League Danny is a starter
24 year old in 50 year old body Fathead is a key piece
I mean, Jesus fucking Christ our first round rookie was the oldest player drafted!!!

Get off this sinking titanic before it's too late, Kawhi, seriously.

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 06:09 PM
I mean, Jesus fucking Christ our first round rookie was the oldest player drafted!!!

"But...but...but we've bolstered our team with a youth movement! Bertans! Forbes!! FATHEAD!!!"

Seventyniner
10-12-2017, 06:20 PM

We need a like button on this site. Good stuff. :toast

And remember that the best teams in the league are usually "old", as in older than league average.

Clipper Nation
10-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the Clippers, Kawhi. :toast

spursfan09
10-12-2017, 06:29 PM
As a fan I'm worried about kawhi always being injured

bklynspursfan
10-12-2017, 06:35 PM
We need a like button on this site. Good stuff. :toast

And remember that the best teams in the league are usually "old", as in older than league average.

Yup. It's been that way for a while. Rarely do "young blood" teams win it all.

But let the folks who want a full blown youth movement keep doing their thing

apalisoc_9
10-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the Clippers, Kawhi. :toast
congrats bro

apalisoc_9
10-12-2017, 06:45 PM
I also said this last year too....

BillMc
10-12-2017, 07:00 PM

+1

Dex
10-12-2017, 07:33 PM

Of all the whiners in Whinerville, you take the cake, my friend.

Find another team to cheer for if you are really so upset about the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2017, 07:42 PM
:cry stop criticizing muh front office! :cry

:cry buh our youth! Fathead, Bertans, White, Blossomgame! :cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y&feature=share
Of all the slurpers in PATFOSlurpville, you take the cake, my friend.

Take the semen goggles off and criticize Buford once in awhile you sheep.

apalisoc_9
10-12-2017, 07:43 PM

this niggas actually believe in the System narrative :lol

RD2191
10-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Let's keep it simple, Kawhi has the worst supporting cast out of all contenders.

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2017, 07:47 PM
"But...but...but we've bolstered our team with a youth movement! Bertans! Forbes!! FATHEAD!!!"
:lmao

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2017, 07:51 PM
:lol

Kawhi has one of the worst assist per shot made ratios out of all the best players and they still believe that shit? It's obvious who does and doesn't watch the games here.

Dex
10-12-2017, 07:51 PM

Let's keep it simple, Kawhi has the worst supporting cast out of all contenders.

:cry Our players are too old! :cry

:cry Our young players are bad! :cry

:cry Kawhi has no help :cry

I'm done trying to get into facts, because you guys clearly aren't living in reality.

For all your bitching and moaning, the Spurs have been a top 4 team in the league the past 5 years.

If that's not good enough for you, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just don't come around acting like you are fans when the Spurs are making another deep playoff run with this "old" team.

I hear they are still accepting applications on the Warriors bandwagon...

RD2191
10-12-2017, 07:54 PM

Am I wrong?

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Am I wrong?
No you aren't, Rocalcio

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2017, 07:58 PM
For all your bitching and moaning, the Spurs have been a top 4 team in the league the past 5 years.

If that's not good enough for you, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just don't come around acting like you are fans when the Spurs are making another deep playoff run with this "old" team..
Lmao this team was getting swept by the Suns and losing to 8th seeds until this guy came in and carried the FO

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/6450.png&w=350&h=254

Thank god the Raptors drafted Valenciunas when they did or he would've been our franchise player.

Dex
10-12-2017, 08:01 PM
All I hear is a bunch of bitches bitching.

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2017, 08:05 PM
I just hear fluffers gagging and deflecting

Russ
10-12-2017, 08:05 PM
This is to be expected. Whenever Pop keeps an injured player out of a tough losing playoff series to protect him from long-term injury, that player starts to think about leaving.

RD2191
10-12-2017, 08:06 PM
No you aren't, Rocalcio

:pctoss

Seventyniner
10-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Yup. It's been that way for a while. Rarely do "young blood" teams win it all.

But let the folks who want a full blown youth movement keep doing their thing

So many people value the future over the present. They would take one bird in the bush over two in the hand it seems.

Capt Bringdown
10-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Signing Manu, Pau & Patty and not moving LMA is equivalent to blowing up the team. Spurs are soft on the court and soft in the head.

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 08:17 PM

Isn't this what the Suns and Mavs fan bases would refer to when they were being laughed out of the forum every year by Spurs fans who insisted being the biggest threat to win it all is what mattered most?

The fluffers here have officially become those fans.

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 08:18 PM
I love how those who say that those with legitimate criticisms whine and over-exaggerate then proceed to whine about us and start over-exaggerating our claims...No one is asking for a full-blown youth movement to replace everyone on the roster, but we are right to question why PATFO - which has had ample time - hasn't done more to move away from it's older players as the biggest pieces on the team.

A 40 year old should not be your best bench player, you should not have a 35 year old as your only PG ready to compete against Harden/CP3/Russ/Curry and others, nor should you have a Spanish softie who is tired by third quarter playing most of your center minutes. These are legitimate criticisms.

cutewizard
10-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Dont worry too much Kawhi

Marc Gasol is coming.....

And of course, The King......

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Lame "source". Lame SI website. Lame that everyone tends to pull the sheet over the Spurs every single year..."fans", media, etc.

Someday all the naysayers will be right, but I like how the most successful franchise in American sport the last 20 years gets continually bashed.

(I did question the Gasol extension too...admittedly)

Clipper Nation
10-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Dont worry too much Kawhi

Marc Gasol is coming.....

And of course, The King......

Damn, if Jerry West manages to get Marc Gasol, LeBron and Kawhi to the Clippers, he is inarguably the greatest executive in sports history. :downspin:

apalisoc_9
10-12-2017, 09:05 PM
PATFO fuluffers :lmao

SAGirl
10-12-2017, 09:10 PM
All I hear is a bunch of bitches bitching.
It's pointless to argue with TGY, he's indefatigable.

SAGirl
10-12-2017, 09:28 PM
This is a discussion about Kawhi's and the teams future. When you still depend on 40/yr old Manu who may retire (and probably should) next season, 36 yr old Tony who gets injured 20 games a season and is always getting injured in the playoffs at this point of his career anyways, and paying Pau to play until he's 40 when he already has trouble with the elite shooting teams.... then yea I am concerned about the teams future and I have been for a while and Kahwi should too. So should PATFO. They need to seek to improve each season anyways.

Unlike TGY I do like the team's young players but they aren't HOF players, they are role players, many of them regular minutes sponges at this point. The HoF players, the guys Pop relies on to really win games are ancient. And then there's Lamarcus with the unhappy-diva act. So if you aren't concerned it's bc you just choose not to, which is fine to me. But don't be preachy about those who can foresee some trouble in paradise.

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 09:36 PM
This is a discussion about Kawhi's and the teams future. When you still depend on 40/yr old Manu who may retire (and probably should) next season, 36 yr old Tony who gets injured 20 games a season and is always getting injured in the playoffs at this point of his career anyways, and paying Pau to play until he's 40 when he already has trouble with the elite shooting teams.... then yea I am concerned about the teams future and I have been for a while and Kahwi should too. So should PATFO. They need to seek to improve each season anyways.

Unlike TGY I do like the team's young players but they aren't HOF players, they are role players, many of them regular minutes sponges at this point. The HoF players, the guys Pop relies on to really win games are ancient. And then there's Lamarcus with the unhappy-diva act. So if you aren't concerned it's bc you just choose not to, which is fine to me. But don't be preachy about those who can foresee some trouble in paradise.
Thank you. Well said.

Hoops Czar
10-12-2017, 09:46 PM

Like signing signing a 32 year old CP3 to a max contract? Yeah, that's different. :lmao

vy65
10-12-2017, 09:56 PM
I’m really curious how the FO slurpers will spin it when Kawhi bolts. My guess is, “yeah we lost Kawhi, but we don’t need him. Pop! Kultur! System!” Etc etc

vy65
10-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Also curious to see if said slurpers realize this franchise has a 5 year window after Kawhi bolts before its moved to Seattle.

I do like the alliteration of the Seattle Spurs

TheDoctor
10-12-2017, 10:13 PM
“I’m just trying to pass Tim Duncan in championships... That’s my motivation, that’s what I strive for. Tim is one of the greatest players who has ever played, so if I could get close or reach that plateau and have my name on that list ...”

Kawhi is about winning Championships. He ain't winning 'Ships w/ this roster in the forseeable future tbh and you all know this. Anyone saying the opposite is delusional. Althought Kawhi said he "wants to be a Spurs for life" he very well (and sincerely) could be worried about this team future.

Those citing 20+straight Playoffs appearances and 50+ wins are viewing this from a fan perspective. I know its cool to brag about it. But Kawhi don't care about that shit. He's about WINNING. Not going home early w/ empty hands.

MaNu4Tres
10-12-2017, 10:24 PM
If I were him, I'd be worried too after they just gave Pau and expendable Patty 100 mil for next 2-4 years tbh.. Not to mention, Tony wants to play til 2020..

Spurs undervalued the culture that's been built within the foundation of their organization over the past 20 years, while overvaluing the culture of A bench niche player. Spurs would have been fine letting Patty walk and using that money next summer for a bigger need.

vy65
10-12-2017, 10:36 PM

I'm done trying to get into facts, because you guys clearly aren't living in reality.

If that's not good enough for you, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just don't come around acting like you are fans when the Spurs are making another deep playoff run with this "old" team.

Remember when the Spurs has a perennial MVP candidate and were in serious contention to win it all? Remember when there was a serious chance of winning a chip instead of being a top 4 team? Because I do.

Only a handful of teams have a talent comparable to Kawhi. Those teams bent over backwards to make serious improvements to their roster because they weren’t content being a “top 4 team.” They wanted to be the top team.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your though process and contentment is exactly why Kawhi will be bouncing ina. Couple years

daslicer
10-12-2017, 10:40 PM
Kawhi is not going to leave. The super max will be too much to turn down.

flox
10-12-2017, 10:42 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/video/2017/10/12/2017-18-nba-preview-why-kawhi-leonard-worried-about-spurs-roster

Fake news :rollin

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Remember when the Spurs has a perennial MVP candidate and were in serious contention to win it all? Remember when there was a serious chance of winning a chip instead of being a top 4 team? Because I do.

Only a handful of teams have a talent comparable to Kawhi. Those teams bent over backwards to make serious improvements to their roster because they weren’t content being a “top 4 team.” They wanted to be the top team.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your though process and contentment is exactly why Kawhi will be bouncing ina. Couple years
Dude and others like him saying this shit are now pretty much Suns/Mavs fans who were trolled on this forum for years for being content with just being a cute regular season team.

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 10:53 PM
I’m really curious how the FO slurpers will spin it when Kawhi bolts. My guess is, “yeah we lost Kawhi, but we don’t need him. Pop! Kultur! System!” Etc etcWell, they are already saying that they'll just be happy that we had a good run.

vy65
10-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Dude and others like him saying this shit are pretty much Suns/Mavs fans who were trolled on this forum for years for being content with just being a cute regular season team now

Yup. Only a Neanderthal would have the blind homerism to see that this is exactly what’s happening now w/the soon to be Seattle Spurs

vy65
10-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Well, they are already saying that they'll just be happy that we had a good run.

Spoiled fan/60 wins/HEB commercials etc

Russ
10-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Has anyone considered how this bumbling FO stole Kawhi in the first place (and how 29 other teams with just as much chance to do so didn't know enough to want to)?

Play Boban
10-12-2017, 11:10 PM

:cry

SPURt
10-12-2017, 11:11 PM
I don’t think anyone that can be even some what objective about the Spurs likes this roster with a team like GS killing the league. If Kawhi thought the roster was great and should be favored to ring I’d be more worried.

spurs1990
10-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Have a hard time believing Leonard will walk way from a surely offered supermax deal.

His personality fits like a glove to what the franchise has turned into since the Duncan era.

Those two factors trump any concern he'll have for winning rings.

Snaq O'Meal
10-12-2017, 11:19 PM
TBH. I don't expect anything to change. They did the same with Timmy. Timmy should've gone out with at least 6 or 7 rings imo. PATFO is extremely lucky that Tony and Manu turned into legit NBA stars.

The way Manu turned out was definitely a stroke of pure luck, since Giricek was PATFO's guy that year.

But we have Sam Presti to thank for getting Tony.

coachmac87
10-12-2017, 11:40 PM
2020....Maxamize the years in between if they can. I feel the Spurs have kicked the tires (KD, CP3) but just haven't hit....and don't think for a second they won't when "The King" hits the market..they'll be on the short list of 3-4 teams...will they strike gold? Probably not...as long as Pop and the culture of winning ball is here...Spurs will be highly considered or respected.

And TBH There's no need for Kawhi to stick around when Pop leaves and the Spurs culture is officially gone. It's ok if he doesn't "retire a Spur". It's sports and like many of us on this board have said..we've been extremely spoiled for 20 years now of consistent competing...like there's NEVER been anything like it really. Yeah we've "ONLY WON 5" championships but that's still what top 5 in the history of the game? Embrace each year that's left...

One day all the cliff jumpers/ego maniacs on this board dreams will come true...everything will go to shit.

Dex
10-12-2017, 11:44 PM

There's a difference between foreseeing trouble in paradise, and trolling in every thread to just be the rain over everyone's parade.

Obviously, things aren't like they were when we had a prime Tim Duncan and All-Star Tony and Manu. We all fucking get it.

I can't say that every move the team has made in the last 4 years has been perfect, but neither has any team's...save maybe the Warriors'. To Golden State's credit, they have built an amazingly formidable force, through the draft, trade, and FA...but even that was 8 years in the making and took a few strokes of luck, just like the Spurs had in the early 2000s.

That being said, we still have the same FO that brought Kawhi here, and the same FO that beat Lebron's super team in 2014. To act like this team is dwelling in the cellar, or even in the purgatory of the mid-NBA, is asinine. They were one Ray Allen three from winning in 2013. They were a couple injuries away from seriously challenging those "unbeatable" Warriors last season.

For all the moves that Houston, Cleveland, and OKC made...they are still trying to get into the Spurs position, even with all our so-called "old" and "crappy" players. Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I refuse to buy into the doom and gloom that some of the "fans" around here seem to subscribe to.

That all may sound like hyperbole right now....but come at me at the end of the season if you really think I'm wrong. This team will be challenging for a championship when all is said and done, and that's all anybody can ask for.

TimDunkem
10-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Has anyone considered how this bumbling FO stole Kawhi in the first place (and how 29 other teams with just as much chance to do so didn't know enough to want to)?
Was it Drunkford missing out on his first option Valanciunas? :lmao

coachmac87
10-12-2017, 11:57 PM
PATFO fuluffers :lmao

Bruh you're the ultimate fluffer...you're Kawhi's cum bucket and proud of it tbh.

And real talk without PATFO you wouldn't be able to gargle his cum..

Robz4000
10-13-2017, 01:49 AM

No one had any idea Kawhi would develop into the player he is now, including PATFO. They moved Hill for Kawhi because they didn't wanna pay Hill the money he was going to get the following off season while acquiring a 3&D player they were lacking since Bowen retired. It was simply a move to clear out an overabundance of guards while solidifying a position of need. Hell, if Green had managed to break out a season earlier than he did with the Spurs we'd prolly have Nikolai Vucevic or some other mediocre Euro big.

Slippy
10-13-2017, 01:58 AM
Have a hard time believing Leonard will walk way from a surely offered supermax deal.

His personality fits like a glove to what the franchise has turned into since the Duncan era.

Couldn't agree more. Kawai is probably the most introverted nba player out there. The type of low key market & winning culture of the team suits him perfectly. I cant think of any other team that comes close to offering that kind of fit.

DeRozan m8
10-13-2017, 05:11 AM

Yep.

PATFO is fucking cooked

cd021
10-13-2017, 05:32 AM

PATFO helped get him number five by putting Kawhi, Mills, Tiago, Green, Belinelli and Diaw around him tbh.

cd021
10-13-2017, 05:34 AM
Damn, if Jerry West manages to get Marc Gasol, LeBron and Kawhi to the Clippers, he is inarguably the greatest executive in sports history. :downspin:

He already probably is one of the greatest in NBA history but he better keep his hands of Kawhi

r0drig0lac
10-13-2017, 07:02 AM

Chinook
10-13-2017, 07:06 AM
Most teams go out when their best player gets hurt. The Spurs made it to the WCF. They did their part by weathering the storm against a good team and giving him time to recover. They should never have been expected to show better against GS than they did. There are a lot of potential rosters that would have higher 2K ratings, but the Spurs had something going last year. I don't blame the team for wanting another try at it. I hate the contracts they gave out, especially to Pau. But I hope Kawhi is much more focused on getting healthy and protecting his body better than on criticizing a front office that cobbled together five championship teams with out a lottery pick for two decades.

Seventyniner
10-13-2017, 07:32 AM

Yeah, it was LAST FUCKING SEASON. But what have they done for you lately?

Ice009
10-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Couldn't agree more. Kawai is probably the most introverted nba player out there. The type of low key market & winning culture of the team suits him perfectly. I cant think of any other team that comes close to offering that kind of fit.

He's from LA/California, I'm sure he'll have no problem playing for one of the teams he grew up watching. He's turned himself into a Superstar/Championship player. With all the hard work he's put in, he should be playing for a team that has a chance to win it all every year. Not saying the Spurs can't, but the age of these current key players is going to catch up with them sooner or later. The Spurs also normally aren't a team that gives out bad contracts, but they gave out two very bad ones this off-season.

Chinook
10-13-2017, 08:55 AM
He's from LA/California, I'm sure he'll have no problem playing for one of the teams he grew up watching. He's turned himself into a Superstar/Championship player. With all the hard work he's put in, he should be playing for a team that has a chance to win it all every year. Not saying the Spurs can't, but the age of these current key players is going to catch up with them sooner or later. The Spurs also normally aren't a team that gives out bad contracts, but they gave out two very bad ones this off-season.

Mills isn't a bad contract; he's just an unnecessary one. If they knew for sure Parker was going to retire this year, then having Patty and Murray as the two PGs like less than $15 Million a year isn't bad at all. Patty brings a lot of intangibles, and logically speaking, he should be able to play better with the right pieces around him. People act as if Forbes could slide in and replace him, but that's not something you assume for a contender.

Pau is a horrible deal, though.

The question people have to ask themselves is if Kawhi with Marc or Blake or whomever whatever team finds to pair him with is really closer to winning a title. It's not an obvious question. The Spurs have remained an elite team for a lot longer than those other teams. Gutting a roster to bring in Leonard could mean it takes a couple of years to get role-players back and then maybe a couple more to get chemistry going.

bklynspursfan
10-13-2017, 09:23 AM

People are crazy man... The last 6 seasons it's been WCF/Finals/Finals/1st Round/2nd Round/WCF .. This isn't like the Cavs or the Heat breezing thru the Eastern Conference either, not everyone gets a free pass like they do. But I mean you have someone bringing up we're now like the Suns/Mavs like somehow they're the same. There's just some silliness in this thread. I totally get some being not so thrilled about contracts or whatever.

I think the age thing is overblown too. Manu didn't even crack 20 MPG (17) in the playoffs TP was at 26MPG, but he looked good, and Pau played 22MPG, 3 down from his reg season average. These guys that everyone says have huge roles are not playing huge minutes, so I don't get the fuss. Pop spreads out the minutes pretty well, and with guys like Murray/Forbes/Anderson/Bertans hopefully developing more, it's quite possible they'll see more time than they did and those older guys minutes will come down again even more.

duncan2k5
10-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Between? Games? He had one single game with 0/0, and he only played 19 minutes in a loss to Memphis in the first round.

Even counting that one shitty game, he still averaged 15 and 3 while shooting 47.5% from the floor and 51.2% from three throughout the playoffs.

Remove that game from the equation, and those numbers jump to 18 and 3.5 with 54%/58% splits.

Considering everybody wants Parker to back off from his hero-balling ways, I'm not sure what the hell else you are expecting from him.

But go ahead and try to spin things a little harder next time. :rolleyes

Bro... Those are ok numbers... But u are completely ignoring the other factors... Parker isn't a three point shooter... U wanna rely on him for that? Go ahead... Secondly, he is very bad defensively, and is even older now... Lastly he is unable to get into the paint and break down the defense like before, so now our offense gets very stale and predictable when he is in... Thats why we suffer long offensive droughts when we play good teams

eDizzle20
10-13-2017, 11:15 AM
Well, if I had to guess the Spurs will go all in on Lebron. Hopefully the Pop-Bron lovefest and Murray's little brother relationship with him will be enough to lure him. Ultimately, I can't help but to feel bad for a guy that is currently subject to a front office that insists on sticking with aging former all stars, and really has little help while expecting to compete with the likes of stacked teams like Golden State, OKC, Houston, and Cleveland.

Horse
10-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Fuck this reporter douche. Every year they're all worried about the Spurs being too old. Every season is the end blah blah blah.

Rocalcio
10-13-2017, 12:37 PM
:pctoss

skulls138
10-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Well, if I had to guess the Spurs will go all in on Lebron. Hopefully the Pop-Bron lovefest and Murray's little brother relationship with him will be enough to lure him. Ultimately, I can't help but to feel bad for a guy that is currently subject to a front office that insists on sticking with aging former all stars, and really has little help while expecting to compete with the likes of stacked teams like Golden State, OKC, Houston, and Cleveland.OMG, we beat all those teams except GS and its because they played dirty!!!

I wanna see who called us a "fraud team" last year? Who can admit they were wrong?

RD2191
10-13-2017, 12:49 PM

Gawd damn imposter.

Rocalcio
10-13-2017, 01:26 PM
Gawd damn imposter.

You're the imposter. I already told you I was on this forum long before you, forgot about it ? And I'm not blaming you for having the same avatar as me. You're not only blaming me, you're insulting me like a poor kid without any other weapon. That's a shame cause if you had asked kindly I might have changed it, cause I'm not as dumb as you and I don't care if you have the same avatar as me. Too bad for you cause now there is not even a chance I'll change it.

But since you're name is RD2 whatever, I found you a new avatar. You're welcome.

https://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_781179217a095fc2f14600a28a695f6c9102a514a0f09 b442f3098af4a2d8c371b8fbe9.png (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=781179217a095fc2f14600a28a695f6c9102 a514a0f09b442f3098af4a2d8c371b8fbe9.png)

RD2191
10-13-2017, 02:01 PM
You're the imposter. I already told you I was on this forum long before you, forgot about it ? And I'm not blaming you for having the same avatar as me. You're not only blaming me, you're insulting me like a poor kid without any other weapon. That's a shame cause if you had asked kindly I might have changed it, cause I'm not as dumb as you and I don't care if you have the same avatar as me. Too bad for you cause now there is not even a chance I'll change it.

But since you're name is RD2 whatever, I found you a new avatar. You're welcome.

https://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_781179217a095fc2f14600a28a695f6c9102a514a0f09 b442f3098af4a2d8c371b8fbe9.png (https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=781179217a095fc2f14600a28a695f6c9102 a514a0f09b442f3098af4a2d8c371b8fbe9.png)

Im....pos....ter. You disgust me.

Rocalcio
10-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Im....pos....ter. You disgust me.

I'm actually quite good looking darling. :toast

Can you just change your tune, it's getting boring.

Rocalcio
10-13-2017, 02:23 PM
he's got you by 2 years dawg

Guess he can't even read...

RD2191
10-13-2017, 02:33 PM
Guess he can't even read...

Shutup, imposter. I also don't look at profiles, faggot.

Rocalcio
10-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Shutup, imposter. I also don't look at profiles, faggot.

Ok, you’re just idiot then. I’m done with you. Don’t talk to me anymore.

RD2191
10-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Ok, you’re just idiot then. I’m done with you. Don’t talk to me anymore.

Are you talking to yourself again?

YGWHI
10-13-2017, 06:22 PM
I hope Kawhi is much more focused on getting healthy and protecting his body better than on criticizing a front office that cobbled together five championship teams with out a lottery pick for two decades.

Don't like this double standard.

LMA -after one or two years in San Antonio- can question a HOF coach just because he didn't get the ball where he likes/the numbers he wants/make the All-Star game...

But the humble franchise player who never talks about stats or individual awards...

A young player who only cares about winning...

This player can't say he's worried about the future when the FO gave $18M to a 39 years old center while he saw how other franchises signed Jimmy Butler, PG12, IT, Irving and more?

OK.

vy65
10-13-2017, 06:38 PM

I like how this post addresses the Spurs roster moves his past off season and compares them to those made by other teams.

YGWHI
10-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Manu didn't even crack 20 MPG (17.8) in the playoffs TP was at 26MPG, but he looked good, and Pau played 22MPG, 3 down from his reg season average. _b]These guys that everyone says have huge roles are not playing huge minutes[/b], so I don't get the fuss.

And Kyle played just 13 mpg in playoffs, Murray 15.3...Do you really think that Kyle, Forbes, Brandon Paul, White, Joffrey Lauvergne, will play more minutes than Manu/Parker, Pau in 2018 playoffs?

It's not about Manu playing 18 mpg in playoffs, it's about the young guys playing less.

Spurs old players still have key/prominent roles on the court.

YGWHI
10-13-2017, 07:02 PM

Kawhi never said he wants to leave...If the "source" is right and Kawhi's worried, it's because the Spurs are HIS team, he loves this franchise, and want to win more rings in San Antonio.

I'd be concerned only if the team don't give him the extensión when OKC/Russ, Wolves/Wiggins, GSW/Curry already did. Then Kawhi could feel disrespected or he could think they don't appreciate him enough...

cutewizard
10-13-2017, 07:14 PM
Truly different is Lamarcus

skulls138
10-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Can't believe anybody is questioning Kawhis focus or loyalty. He doesnt have to be loyal, he gives his all and we are LUCKY to have him. Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.

YGWHI
10-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Truly different is Lamarcus
Of course. Unlike Kawhi, LMA only cares about his stats and making ASG games.

Seventyniner
10-13-2017, 08:23 PM
I'd be concerned only if the team don't give him the extensión when OKC/Russ, Wolves/Wiggins, GSW/Curry already did. Then Kawhi could feel disrespected or he could think they don't appreciate him enough...

That's fair. FWIW I don't think there's any chance at all of the Spurs not offering Kawhi the full supermax.

spurraider21
10-13-2017, 08:24 PM
my sources tell me the patty mills contract was the last straw for kawhi...

benefactor
10-13-2017, 08:52 PM
Looks at thread title

Looks at OP

Confirmed faggot so non-issue

SAGirl
10-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Most teams go out when their best player gets hurt. The Spurs made it to the WCF. They did their part by weathering the storm against a good team and giving him time to recover. They should never have been expected to show better against GS than they did. There are a lot of potential rosters that would have higher 2K ratings, but the Spurs had something going last year. I don't blame the team for wanting another try at it. I hate the contracts they gave out, especially to Pau. But I hope Kawhi is much more focused on getting healthy and protecting his body better than on criticizing a front office that cobbled together five championship teams with out a lottery pick for two decades.
I just wonder how the Pau contract affects others. There are roleplayers the team may want to reup next summer. They may also still want to make a splash in FA, etc. And his play didn't warrant that contract, nor his loyalty (only here one season prior to that), nor the market (centers are at their lowest point in demand... teams are playing PF as centers nowadays, and guys like Kevin Love!--I suppose until Embiid is healthy for a season and starts killing people, he could change the market for centers all by himself but I digress).

Ice009
10-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Kawhi never said he wants to leave...If the "source" is right and Kawhi's worried, it's because the Spurs are HIS team, he loves this franchise, and want to win more rings in San Antonio.

What are you talking about? Why the fuck would the Spurs not offer Kawhi an extension? They'd be absolute idiots to not do so. They could maybe give him options for different directions they might want to go in like they did with Tim, but to not offer anything at all would be absolute idiocy.

YGWHI
10-13-2017, 11:34 PM
What are you talking about? Why the fuck would the Spurs not offer Kawhi an extension? They'd be absolute idiots to not do so. They could maybe give him options for different directions they might want to go in like they did with Tim, but to not offer anything at all would be absolute idiocy.
I said "IF they don't...". I truly believe they should but who knows. They made weird moves in the summer. If next season they want to keep crazy-Pau contract, LMA opt in, plus they want to give Parker his last loyalty contract since he said he wants to play five more seasons...Will have they enough money for Kawhi's extension in terms of Conley-Curry-Russ $M?

Ice009
10-13-2017, 11:44 PM
I said "IF they don't...". I truly believe they should but who knows. They made weird moves in the summer. If next season they want to keep crazy-Pau contract, LMA opt in, plus they want to give Parker his last loyalty contract since he said he wants to play five more seasons...Will have they enough money for Kawhi's extension in terms of Conley-Curry-Russ $M?

Well, if they find they don't have enough money left to offer Kawhi a Supermax, they should all be fired and the team relocated. That would be a grossly egregious mismanagement of financial resources on their part.

The only way they might be able to get away with that is if they tell Kawhi that they want to bring in or pay another star player, but even so, they still need to ask Kawhi if he's willing to take less so that they can use that money to offer to the said player.

DMC
10-14-2017, 11:19 AM
There's really no other team in the NBA that could afford Leonard and still remain a championship threat. The Warriors aren't going to get him, and no other team in the West outside of OKC has the pieces to even look like they might try to win. With Melo in OKC, even that's basically far fetched. That young thunder cats squad up in Minny looks pretty scary but they aren't because they lack poise. The Pelicans though, with a good long PG who can shoot the three, could turn some heads with Leonard. It still wouldn't be anything other than a storyline compared to GS.

Stacking has created a 2nd place trophy.

Seventyniner
10-14-2017, 02:02 PM
Well, if they find they don't have enough money left to offer Kawhi a Supermax, they should all be fired and the team relocated. That would be a grossly egregious mismanagement of financial resources on their part.

By "enough money left" I guess you mean actual cash they're willing to spend. Cap room won't matter because the Spurs have full Bird rights.

exstatic
10-14-2017, 05:36 PM
OMG, Jared zwerlng said....wait, who?

wildbill2u
10-19-2017, 02:47 PM
Still too early to judge this team. We beat Rockets and Timberwolves fair and square with our superstar out. LMA looks interested again. I see some progress with DJM's play already. Putting him in ahead of Patty is right on 'cause Patty has looked like shit the last couple of games. He's trying hard, maybe too hard.

Could be that Kwahi's worries, if there are any, will go away.

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2017, 04:06 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/ab9bab86721f657942e5d7c98e09ea3e/tenor.gif

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 05:16 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/ab9bab86721f657942e5d7c98e09ea3e/tenor.gif

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 05:31 PM
All he needs to worry about is his own body.. That's it.

SuperCam
01-22-2018, 05:45 PM
What a goldmine of faggotry reading the old takes of the career PATFO slurpers in this thread who have, and will continue to deny until the very end :lol

Great bump TGY :tu

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 05:57 PM
What a goldmine of faggotry reading the old takes of the career PATFO slurpers in this thread who have, and will continue to deny until the very end :lol

Great bump TGY :tu
All credit to NASpurs tbh :tu

apalisoc_9
01-22-2018, 06:06 PM
TD21

All these slupers

MaNu4Tres
01-22-2018, 06:14 PM
This is part of it. Imo.

If I'm Kawhi I'd be displeased with the FO after last summer. Add disagreements with injury rehabilitation process?

tholdren
01-22-2018, 06:15 PM
This is part of it. Imo.

If I'm Kawhi I'd be displeased with the FO after last summer. Add disagreements with injury rehabilitation process?

Then trade if hes a disgruntled kd wannabe

TD 21
01-22-2018, 06:50 PM
Would be a good thing if he presses them on a plan going forward about how they intend to get back into championship contention as opposed to just taking the money.

Wouldn't be a bad thing if they got a kick in the ass. They started believing their own hype (culture, "system") after the '14 championship and it's partially responsible for the predicament they find themselves in today. They need to be humbled and reminded that talent wins. That means getting comfortable being uncomfortable because this is how the real NBA works. Short of that, they'll continue to unravel and be further exposed as archaic and overrated.

vy65
01-22-2018, 06:56 PM
:wakeup Wake me up when it comes from Kawhi...or at least from a fucking source whose name I've heard before.

Dude is a senior writer for Bleacher Report for god's sake...the most sensationalized, least tapped in outfit in sports journalism.

Him saying his "inside source" has info on Kawhi is about as legitimate as me saying my "inside source" says Kawhi has monkeys coming out of his butt.

I'm guessing you've never heard of Woj before? Or do you need to be woken up now?

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Would be a good thing if he presses them on a plan going forward about how they intend to get back into championship contention as opposed to just taking the money.

Wouldn't be a bad thing if they got a kick in the ass. They started believing their own hype (culture, "system") after the '14 championship and it's partially responsible for the predicament they find themselves in today. They need to be humbled and reminded that talent wins. That means getting comfortable being uncomfortable because this is how the real NBA works. Short of that, they'll continue to unravel and be further exposed as archaic and overrated.

I'm sure Russ did the same with the Thunder. KD just pulled a Beta move and left without making his position known. But Russ probably said WTF these guys are scrubs go get me some real players. And in rolled in real players

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Hogwash!! Kawhi's camp vehemently denies this. Just ask them.

Dex
01-22-2018, 07:09 PM
I'm guessing you've never heard of Woj before? Or do you need to be woken up now?

Eh, I still don't buy it.

No shit Kawhi is disconnected from the team. He missed training camp, he isn't travelling with them, he isn't practicing with them. I can count the number of games he's played this season on two hands, and most of those were on a minutes restriction.

I'd be more surprised if Kawhi said he DID feel connected with the team, tbh.

Woj is probably just sick of being stonewalled by the Spurs so he is making a big story out of nothing.

Everyone freaked out about the LMA rumors too, and the Spurs were able to sort that out. I'll take the teams track record over a couple of articles from unnamed "sources". Funny how Woj's article doesn't have any direct quotes other than stuff from Pop and Buford that we already knew about Kawhi's injury.

NASpurs
01-22-2018, 07:11 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/poZnXsKLvTVGo/giphy.gif

vy65
01-22-2018, 07:19 PM
Eh, I still don't buy it.

No shit Kawhi is disconnected from the team. He missed training camp, he isn't travelling with them, he isn't practicing with them. I can count the number of games he's played this season on two hands, and most of those were on a minutes restriction.

I'd be more surprised if Kawhi said he DID feel connected with the team, tbh.

Woj is probably just sick of being stonewalled by the Spurs so he is making a big story out of nothing.

Everyone freaked out about the LMA rumors too, and the Spurs were able to sort that out. I'll take the teams track record over a couple of articles from unnamed "sources". Funny how Woj's article doesn't have any direct quotes other than stuff from Pop and Buford that we already knew about Kawhi's injury.

So it's all fake news? You initially said that there stories were bullshit because they did not come from Kawhi or a credible source. Woj confirms a chilling relationship between Kawhi and the Spurs, and you "don't buy it?" And if Woj is pissed about being stonewalled by PATFO, throwing a bomb at them re: Kawhi seems like a pretty piss poor way of getting into their good graces, don't you think?

Where there's smoke, there's fire. All signs point to PATFO massively fucking this up, from the injury management to the personal relationship. That runs directly counter to your "5 rings, fagget" narrative ITT. There's no shame in not being a slurper for a moment and admitting that PATFO fucked up.

As for LMA, I don't remember many people freaking out about the trade rumors. On the contrary, I remember some excitement. Regardless, I don't see how the two situations are comparable: a 32 year old diva who might be a top 20 talent is not the same as a 26 year old franchise player/MVP candidate who's lost a season due to injury mismanagement. But I hope you're right and I'm wrong ...

Dex
01-22-2018, 07:23 PM
So it's all fake news? You initially said that there stories were bullshit because they did not come from Kawhi or a credible source. Woj confirms a chilling relationship between Kawhi and the Spurs, and you "don't buy it?" And if Woj is pissed about being stonewalled by PATFO, throwing a bomb at them re: Kawhi seems like a pretty piss poor way of getting into their good graces, don't you think?

Where there's smoke, there's fire. All signs point to PATFO massively fucking this up, from the injury management to the personal relationship. That runs directly counter to your "5 rings, fagget" narrative ITT. There's no shame in not being a slurper for a moment and admitting that PATFO fucked up.

As for LMA, I don't remember many people freaking out about the trade rumors. On the contrary, I remember some excitement. Regardless, I don't see how the two situations are comparable: a 32 year old diva who might be a top 20 talent is not the same as a 26 year old franchise player/MVP candidate who's lost a season due to injury mismanagement. But I hope you're right and I'm wrong ...

Sorry, but I still think the whole situation is way too ambiguous to legitimately say PATFO fucked up.

It's a shitty situation for everybody. It sucks for Kawhi, it sucks for the Spurs, it sucks for the fans. Everyone wants Kawhi to come back, but I don't see why suddenly everybody wants to point fingers.

Check back with me in a year...after Kawhi has been extended and is still a Spur for life.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 07:27 PM
What a jizz rag, Jesus christ

objective
01-22-2018, 07:40 PM

I don't have much hope for the front office.

I doubt they could muster the sober reflection needed to succeed.

Worse, even if they did come to their senses, the damage is done. They can't undo that. At best, they could burn more assets to dump the toxic ones, but the cure might kill the patient anyway.

Everything they did wrong was written about accurately in forewarning by so many posters here that it's mind boggling.

They did so much wrong I just don't think the front office is still capable of telling good deals from bad. This wasn't one single contract that was wrong, or over optimistic faith in one player being healthy against history to the contrary.

There were massive, reckless mistakes at every aspect that the front office took on:

When gauging the free agent market for players like Mills

When gauging the impact of their deals on the cap of future deals

When gauging the talent and impact of Mills

Misusing the asset of restricted free agency for Simmons.

When they approached the draft like they weren't going to re-sign Mills

When gauging the status of Milutinov going back to his draft, and wasting the best part of a late first round pick: a very cheap player under team control for at least 4 seasons

When scouting the free agent market for bigs and somehow finding Joffrey as a credible NBA player and not the worst rim defender in NBA history

Giving a player option to that terrible rim defender.

Everything they touch, scouting, the lay of the land, free agency, understanding their own coach's predilections, cap management, asset management, the draft, foresight, everything.

For that much to get wrong, I don't know if there's any coming back.

vy65
01-22-2018, 07:45 PM
Sorry, but I still think the whole situation is way too ambiguous to legitimately say PATFO fucked up.

It's a shitty situation for everybody. It sucks for Kawhi, it sucks for the Spurs, it sucks for the fans. Everyone wants Kawhi to come back, but I don't see why suddenly everybody wants to point fingers.

Check back with me in a year...after Kawhi has been extended and is still a Spur for life.

People want to point fingers because there's a consistency in the stories from October and today. People want to point fingers because PATFO fucked up the off season and (appear to) have fucked up Kawhi's rehab.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth: the shitty situation didn't magically arise out of nowhere. Where do you think it came from?

MaNu4Tres
01-22-2018, 08:05 PM

Worse, even if they did come to their senses, the damage is done. They can't undo that. At best, they could burn more assets to dump the toxic ones, but the cure might kill the patient anyway.

Everything they did wrong was written about accurately in forewarning by so many posters here that it's mind boggling.

They did so much wrong I just don't think the front office is still capable of telling good deals from bad. This wasn't one single contract that was wrong, or over optimistic faith in one player being healthy against history to the contrary.

There were massive, reckless mistakes at every aspect that the front office took on:

When gauging the status of Milutinov going back to his draft, and wasting the best part of a late first round pick: a very cheap player under team control for at least 4 seasons

When scouting the free agent market for bigs and somehow finding Joffrey as a credible NBA player and not the worst rim defender in NBA history

Everything they touch, scouting, the lay of the land, free agency, understanding their own coach's predilections, cap management, asset management, the draft, foresight, everything.

Let's go home.

This thread is done.

coachmac87
01-22-2018, 08:05 PM

So you’re just gonna act like it’s all about roster moves?? That’s the speculation that’s hilarious out here and people ignore the report and add on their 2 cents to fit their personal opinions expressed on this board. Not one thing has been mentioned regarding personnel and everything about injury management...

You can sell me on Kawhi being frustrated on playing time, rest, conservative approach but automatically assuming it’s roster moves etc is just bs

DAF86
01-22-2018, 08:08 PM
I remember a thread made by one of the typical homers laughing at the "cliff jumpers" because the Spurs were taking advantage of the easiest schedule on the NBA. :lol

I can't remember who it was though.

Seventyniner
01-22-2018, 08:11 PM
Let's go home.

This thread is done.

If massive stupidity was enough to close a thread this whole site would shut down in 15 minutes.

DAF86
01-22-2018, 08:18 PM

No más. No más.

sasaint
01-22-2018, 08:22 PM

I could see it. This supermax is a real threat to the league. It represents a reassertion of the supremacy of the large market. Real money matters in the real world. Small market teams such as the Spurs don't generate the same revenue as large market teams. Especially if the team is spooked by health concerns I could see the team moving him in exchange for a king's ransom and especially if they could dump Patty or Pau in the deal.

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 08:22 PM
I remember a thread made by one of the typical homers laughing at the "cliff jumpers" because the Spurs were taking advantage of the easiest schedule on the NBA. :lol

think it was raybies... what they were able to accomplish then was pretty laudable IMO. Can't shit on homer fans that were proud of the team back then.

I don't take for granted what they have done with this many injuries, these many blunders by the FO etc. Credit to some players. They have battled hard. They don't have the 2nd best defense with lack of effort. Injuries killed the Spurs.

DAF86
01-22-2018, 08:27 PM
think it was raybies... what they were able to accomplish then was pretty laudable IMO. Can't shit on homer fans that were proud of the team back then.

I don't take for granted what they have done with this many injuries, these many blunders by the FO etc. Credit to some players. They have battled hard. They don't have the 2nd best defense with lack of effort. Injuries killed the Spurs.

For sure. But none of that takes away from the fact that the moves the front office did on the offseason were crap.

sasaint
01-22-2018, 08:31 PM

Yep. The cherry on top of whole shit sundae... unless you think that living with PATFO until at least 2020 is worse.

objective
01-22-2018, 08:49 PM
So you’re just gonna act like it’s all about roster moves?? That’s the speculation that’s hilarious out here and people ignore the report and add on their 2 cents to fit their personal opinions expressed on this board. Not one thing has been mentioned regarding personnel and everything about injury management...

You can sell me on Kawhi being frustrated on playing time, rest, conservative approach but automatically assuming it’s roster moves etc is just bs

I'm saying the roster moves make it easier for him to be frustrated with the Spurs.

Do you think there won't be other teams with cap room who won't have better talent?

Supposedly Paul George didn't like how Bird handled the players and did guys like Granger and West wrong. And he was just wanting to play for his hometown team.

But Bird screwing up with signing washed up vets to cap eating deals like Al Jefferson and Monta Ellis and crapping with his other roster moves played it's own big part.

The Spurs go into 2019 summer with $62 million on the books with for just Aldridge, Mills, a stretched Gasol and Kawhi's cap hold.

$62 million for 3 players and only two of them can play against Golden State.

Add in Murray, White, and 1st rounders in 18 and 19 and roster charges and that gets to what, $71 million? If they have to stretch Manu's last year, maybe $72 million?

That's not counting whatever they pay Green or his replacement, who even if kept probably will be winding down and not good enough to start.

That's not counting a replacement for Pau, and it won't be cheap. Even if it's Milutinov it'll be on a Splitter type deal and not a cheap rookie deal.

That's without Gay.

That's without a cheap Anderson, a cheap Forbes, a cheap Bertans.

That's without a loyalty deal for Parker.

They might have $30 million and the room exception to add multiple starters and probably key bench players if the cap keeps stagnating. If they give mle money to one of Anderson, Gay, or Bertans, and use full MLE this summer for at least 2 years, and use the bae, they have maybe $10 million left?

What I'm saying is that even if Kawhi is super happy and wants to stay ... Even if gives the Spurs a break on the supermax and takes caphold money, the path to contention is a mess.

But if everything is fine and Kawhi gets his supermax, now the caproom is even $5 million less.

If Kawhi isn't worried about the roster, he should be.

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 09:00 PM
For sure. But none of that takes away from the fact that the moves the front office did on the offseason were crap.
I didnt even know Patty's deal was backloaded until Chinook mentioned it somewhere. :bang

NASpurs
01-22-2018, 09:09 PM
Amazing how Duncan was the one who kept the shit sandwich together while Pop/RC get jerked off like some kind of saviors. He leaves and the whole thing starts to slowly unravel.

:cry Timmy :cry, let's get the man a statue in front of the arena while the team is still relevant and still in San Antonio.

objective
01-22-2018, 09:11 PM
I didnt even know Patty's deal was backloaded until Chinook mentioned it somewhere. :bang

At least there's no trade kicker bonus.

sasaint
01-22-2018, 09:13 PM
I'm saying the roster moves make it easier for him to be frustrated with the Spurs.

Do you think there won't be other teams with cap room who won't have better talent?

Supposedly Paul George didn't like how Bird handled the players and did guys like Granger and West wrong. And he was just wanting to play for his hometown team.

But Bird screwing up with signing washed up vets to cap eating deals like Al Jefferson and Monta Ellis and crapping with his other roster moves played it's own big part.

The Spurs go into 2019 summer with $62 million on the books with for just Aldridge, Mills, a stretched Gasol and Kawhi's cap hold.

Add in Murray, White, and 1st rounders in 18 and 19 and roster charges and that gets to what, $71 million? If they have to stretch Manu's last year, maybe $72 million?

That's not counting whatever they pay Green or his replacement, who even if kept probably will be winding down and not good enough to start.

That's not counting a replacement for Pau, and it won't be cheap. Even if it's Milutinov it'll be on a Splitter type deal and not a cheap rookie deal.

That's without Gay.

They might have $30 million and the room exception to add multiple starters and probably key bench players if the cap keeps stagnating. If they give mle money to one of Anderson, Gay, or Bertans, and use full MLE this summer for at least 2 years, and use the bae, they have maybe $10 million left?

What I'm saying is that even if Kawhi is super happy and wants to stay ... Even if gives the Spurs a break on the supermax and takes caphold money, the path to contention is a mess.

But if everything is fine and Kawhi gets his supermax, now the caproom is even $5 million less.

You should post more. :toast

sasaint
01-22-2018, 09:15 PM
Amazing how Duncan was the one who kept the shit sandwich together while Pop/RC get jerked off like some kind of saviors. He leaves and the whole thing starts to slowly unravel.

:cry Timmy :cry, let's get the man a statue in front of the arena while the team is still relevant and still in San Antonio.

Agreed, except it seems like the Spurs are unraveling rather suddenly.

coachmac87
01-22-2018, 09:47 PM

That's without Gay.

You could be right and you make valid points but that’s purely speculation..It could be and most likely is only about the injury situation..people need to pump the brakes and don’t turn this into something it isn’t just because ST posters aren’t happy with PATFO moves.

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 10:13 PM

Kawhi hasn't earned the right to be worried. He's actually part of the problem in that respect. This is a player's league and they hold the power.

Has Kawhi recruited anyone to play alongside him?

Nope.

Has Kawhi made any real friends since joining the NBA (not talking about acquaintances)?

Nope.

Had Kawhi had a sitdown with the FO to help construct a roster built around him?

Resounding No. He couldn't even be bothered enough to make a simple phone call to Durant when the Spurs were courting him, letting him know he was interested.

He's done the bare minimum since he got here but in today's game, it's all about recruiting. No realistic star player is going to suit up for the small market Spurs because of the so called well respected PATFO.

Ice009
01-22-2018, 10:21 PM
I could see it. This supermax is a real threat to the league. It represents a reassertion of the supremacy of the large market. Real money matters in the real world. Small market teams such as the Spurs don't generate the same revenue as large market teams. Especially if the team is spooked by health concerns I could see the team moving him in exchange for a king's ransom and especially if they could dump Patty or Pau in the deal.

I could see them not offering it now, but if Kawhi's healthy, he's still a top 3 player in the NBA. You really can't not offer to him if you expect to keep him. If you're not going to offer it, you better have a darn good plan for the rest of the roster to sell him on not taking it.

Kawhi hasn't earned the right to be worried. He's actually part of the problem in that respect. This is a player's league and they hold the power.

Nope.

Has Kawhi made any real friends since joining the NBA (not talking about acquaintances)?

Nope.

Had Kawhi had a sitdown with the FO to help construct a roster built around him?

Resounding No. He couldn't even be bothered enough to make a simple phone call to Durant when the Spurs were courting him, letting him know he was interested.

He's done the bare minimum since he got here but in today's game, it's all about recruiting. No realistic star player is going to suit up for the small market Spurs because of the so called well respected PATFO.

The KD thing has got me baffled. I really think it would have increased the Spurs' chances of getting him if Kawhi spoke to him or was at least at the meeting to recruit him. Telling KD that they could have been an amazing one-two punch would have gone a long way IMO.

objective
01-22-2018, 10:31 PM

Nope.

Nope.

That's fair but it starts with the Spurs front office not hamstringing the team preemptively, or acquiescing to any dumb move the star in question wanted that would similarly hurt.

Curry and Draymond would have had no chance to recruit a Durant if Golden State signed Bogut and Barnes to long term extensions first.

Harden would have been waisting his time if Morey didn't bother drafting Capela, gave Jones and Montiejunas $100 million and maxed Dwight requiring him to burn off first rounders to get off that money.

Wade could never get LeBron and Bosh if Riley really liked Marcus Banks and kept him and extended savvy vets like Jermaine O'Neal and Quentin Richardson.

daslicer
01-22-2018, 10:43 PM
I could see them not offering it now, but if Kawhi's healthy, he's still a top 3 player in the NBA. You really can't not offer to him if you expect to keep him. If you're not going to offer it, you better have a darn good plan for the rest of the roster to sell him on not taking it.

The KD thing has got me baffled. I really think it would have increased the Spurs' chances of getting him if Kawhi spoke to him or was at least at the meeting to recruit him. Telling KD that they could have been an amazing one-two punch would have gone a long way IMO.

I don't blame him for not recruiting KD and after the crap KD said about him '14. I feel Kawhi views KD as a mortal enemy much the same way Duncan did with KG.

objective
01-22-2018, 11:04 PM
Also, say Kawhi tomorrow recognizes the error of his ways and becomes a big schmoozer and the number one best friend in the NBA.

Well, it's probably too late, because Mills and Gasol got their $100 million to ruin the cap for years to come.

Even if Manu retires and is stretched, Gay and Lolffrey picking up their options and giving QOs to Bertans and Forbes plus a first round pick only leaves them with about MLE-type caproom and the room exception, IF they renounce Green and Anderson.

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 11:43 PM
That's fair but it starts with the Spurs front office not hamstringing the team preemptively, or acquiescing to any dumb move the star in question wanted that would similarly hurt.

Curry and Draymond would have had no chance to recruit a Durant if Golden State signed Bogut and Barnes to long term extensions first.

Harden would have been waisting his time if Morey didn't bother drafting Capela, gave Jones and Montiejunas $100 million and maxed Dwight requiring him to burn off first rounders to get off that money.

Wade could never get LeBron and Bosh if Riley really liked Marcus Banks and kept him and extended savvy vets like Jermaine O'Neal and Quentin Richardson.

You're preaching to the choir. I've been calling out this joke of a FO since 2010. RC Buford is a grade A fraud and has been since day 1. But the problems of this offseason were set in motion by the rumor mill and CP3's camp. This clown of a FO was too blind to see that Paul was using the Spurs as leverage to get a fifth year out of the Clippers. When the Clips said no, he bolted to Houston and left the Spurs FO in complete disarray. They put all their eggs in the one basket and came up empty.

I would have had more respect for the organization if they would have dumped Aldridge for prospects, let Patty and Gasol go and started a quick rebuliding process with Kawhi as the center piece going forward. However, they chose to keep the band together and ended up destroying the cap space for the next three years in the process just so they could stay playoff relevant. In their mind, they paid Gasol because they had to. Could you imagine losing Gasol and having Laughverne as the starting C next to Aldridge and some G-league or Euro trash third wheel backing him up? Can you imagine Bryn Forbes being the de facto back up to Tony instead of Mills. Paddy is gross for the amount of money he's making but Forbes is flat out scrub that makes Gary Neal look like Tony Allen on defense. He can knockdown shots on occasion but only because he doesn't have expectations thrusted upon him. If he was expected to run the second unit, he would run it into the ground.

What pissed me off the most was the Kyrie Irving saga. He wanted to play here which is a shocking rarity and the Spurs FO didn't bend over backwards to make it happen. I would have gutted 2/3s of the roster to bring in a cost controlled talent like that even if it meant compromising the roster for a year. Kawhi should have opened his mouth and said something to promote a Kyrie trade like "yeah, that would be great" or "Wow, it would be a dream to play next to guy with immense talent like that." Instead, complete silence.

Another big mistake was replacing Dedmon and Simmons (emphasis on Dedmon) with Laughverne and BP3. losing two key role players and replacing them with NBA squalor is indefensible. Laughverne is one of the worst bigs I've ever seen and BP3 can't even see the floor. Forbes and Bertans are scrubs, Gay is damaged goods, Kyle Anderson has a weak all around game, Danny Green is a bonefied scrub living off his past accomplishments for the last three years and LMA is a fake All-star.

The biggest problem is the lack of a star power playing next to Leonard. Aldridge has proven he's not that guy and Leonard is the only player on the roster that has the ability to recruit a player of that ilk. Duncan is long gone, Parker is on his last legs and Ginobili might play another 8-10 years but his recruiting days are long gone. Some of these scrubs would be much more tolerable if the Spurs didn't have to rely on them to win games.

kuato
01-22-2018, 11:47 PM
Spurs are done when Manu retires.

NASpurs
01-22-2018, 11:49 PM
You're preaching to the choir. I've been calling out this joke of a FO since 2010. RC Buford is a grade A fraud and has been since day 1. But the problems of this offseason were set in motion by the rumor mill and CP3's camp. This clown of a FO was too blind to see that Paul was using the Spurs as leverage to get a fifth year out of the Clippers. When the Clips said no, he bolted to Houston and left the Spurs FO in complete disarray. They put all their eggs in the one basket and came up empty.

I would have had more respect for the organization if they would have dumped Aldridge for prospects, let Patty and Gasol go and started a quick rebuliding process with Kawhi as the center piece going forward. However, they chose to keep the band together and ended up destroying the cap space for the next three years in the process just so they could stay playoff relevant. In their mind, they paid Gasol because they had to. Could you imagine losing Gasol and having Laughverne as the starting C next to Aldridge and some G-league or Euro trash third wheel backing him up? Can you imagine Bryn Forbes being the de facto back up to Tony instead of Mills. Paddy is gross for the amount of money he's making but Forbes is flat out scrub that makes Gary Neal look like Tony Allen on defense. He can knockdown shots on occasion but only because he doesn't have expectations thrusted upon him. If he was expected to run the second unit, he would run it into the ground.

What pissed me off the most was the Kyrie Irving saga. He wanted to play here which is a shocking rarity and the Spurs FO didn't bend over backwards to make it happen. I would have gutted 2/3s of the roster to bring in a cost controlled talent like that even if it meant compromising the roster for a year. Kawhi should have opened his mouth and said something to promote a Kyrie trade like "yeah, that would be great" or "Wow, it would be a dream to play next to guy with immense talent like that." Instead, complete silence.

Another big mistake was replacing Dedmon and Simmons (emphasis on Dedmon) with Laughverne and BP3. losing two key role players and replacing them with NBA squalor is indefensible. Laughverne is one of the worst bigs I've ever seen and BP3 can't even see the floor. Forbes and Bertans are scrubs, Gay is damaged goods, Kyle Anderson has a weak all around game, Danny Green is a bonefied scrub living off his past accomplishments for the last three years and LMA is a fake All-star.

The biggest problem is the lack of a star power playing next to Leonard. Aldridge has proven he's not that guy and Leonard is the only player on the roster that has the ability to recruit a player of that ilk. Duncan is long gone, Parker is on his last legs and Ginobili might play another 8-10 years but his recruiting days are long gone. Some of these scrubs would be much more tolerable if the Spurs didn't have to rely on them to win games.

Don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel. :lol

BTW, someone bold this man.

Atl Spur
01-23-2018, 12:02 AM
Please sticky this thread! Our roster needs some tweaks but will be A OK!!

TD 21
01-23-2018, 12:05 AM

:lmao I'm all for criticism when it's due, but the notion that there was anything they could have done to acquire Irving, is insane. Look at the package he went for; there was no internal comparable to it. If there was, they'd more than likely have him because all things being relatively equal, no one wants to trade players of that caliber in conference.

As bad as this situation is at the moment, if Leonard can get healthy and they can pull off a trade for Walker, they're probably right back to being the 2nd best team in the league.

objective
01-23-2018, 12:10 AM
I don't think anything the Spurs had could beat Isaiah-Crowder-Brooklyn_pick.

But they might be able to get in on Kemba.

If it takes the 18 and 20 picks with declining lotto protections on 20 it's a must make move.

TD 21
01-23-2018, 12:40 AM
I don't think anything the Spurs had could beat Isaiah-Crowder-Brooklyn_pick.

But they might be able to get in on Kemba.

If it takes the 18 and 20 picks with declining lotto protections on 20 it's a must make move.

Don't think it takes both; Murray essentially qualifies as a pick as is.

Hurting the value they're likely to receive, is their insistence that someone take a bloated contract and PG being the most saturated position in the league.

Think Nuggets, Pistons, Pacers and Jazz are the competition here.

It wasn't about lack of assets to consummate a proposed deal, it's about the lack of attempts. Spurs had a star player that publicly stated that he wanted to play for them and they never even made a formal offer. Oh, there were rumors they made a trade one but unlike every other team's trade proposal which was visible and accounted for, the Spurs offer was never revealed. And even if the Spurs don't publicly announce their trade proposals, you can rest assured it would been leaked someway, somhow through social media via a third party. For all we know, Danny Green was a deal breaker. :lol

If the Spurs didn't have assets to trade for Kyrie, I'm not sure what makes you think they have assets to trade for Walker. Guys like Forbes, Bertans, Laughverne, long term Paddy doesn't exactly make trading with the Spurs more desirable. Even if Jordan was hell bent on trading him at the deadline, a slew of teams could offer up a better package than the Spurs.

On the Leonard front, the best thing for him is to be shutdown for the season rather than risk any further injury for a team that isn't championship contending with or without him.

No less a source than Wojnarowski himself said, to paraphrase, they tried really, really hard. A formal offer isn't necessary when you can't make a competitive one.

Walker isn't as good as Irving and there's an even bigger gap in their cache. I don't know that Spurs can trade for him, but I think it's plausible they could. Other than Irving, no recent star trade has been for (perceived) equal value.

Hoops Czar
01-23-2018, 12:41 AM
:lmao I'm all for criticism when it's due, but the notion that there was anything they could have done to acquire Irving, is insane. Look at the package he went for; there was no internal comparable to it. If there was, they'd more than likely have him because all things being relatively equal, no one wants to trade players of that caliber in conference.

As bad as this situation is at the moment, if Leonard can get healthy and they can pull off a trade for Walker, they're probably right back to being the 2nd best team in the league.

It wasn't about lack of assets to consummate a proposed deal, it's about the lack of attempts. Spurs had a star player that publicly stated that he wanted to play for them and they never even made a formal offer. Oh, there were rumors they made a trade proposal but unlike every other team's trade proposal which was visible and accounted for, the Spurs offer was never revealed. And even if the Spurs don't publicly announce their trade proposals, you can rest assured it would been leaked someway, somhow through social media via a third party. For all we know, Danny Green was a deal breaker. :lol

If the Spurs didn't have assets to trade for Kyrie, I'm not sure what makes you think they have assets to trade for Walker. Guys like Forbes, Bertans, Laughverne, long term Paddy doesn't exactly make trading with the Spurs more desirable. Even if Jordan was hell bent on trading him at the deadline, a slew of teams could offer up a better package than the Spurs.

On the Leonard front, the best thing for him is to be shutdown for the season rather than risk any further injury for a team that isn't championship contending with or without him.

Hoops Czar
01-23-2018, 01:16 AM
No less a source than Wojnarowski himself said, to paraphrase, they tried really, really hard. A formal offer isn't necessary when you can't make a competitive one.

Walker isn't as good as Irving and there's an even bigger gap in their cache. I don't know that Spurs can trade for him, but I think it's plausible they could. Other than Irving, no recent star trade has been for (perceived) equal value.

I saw the Woj quote and it sounds more like a lot of huffing and puffing but nothing that can be substantiated. Even if the Spurs didn't have the assets, they could have got in on a three way trade with another team. For that to happen, RC probably would have had to work a little over time.

"A formal offer isn't necessary when you can't make a competitive one."

Boston's offer wasn't on the table until weeks after he announced his desire to leave Cleveland. Prior to that, Cleveland was receiving nothing but low ball offers. That's a defeatist attitude if I've ever seen one. "Lets not make an offer because someone might make a better one."

szkorhetz
01-23-2018, 01:58 AM
Stop this Kyrie non-sense. We had nothing to offer.

spursistan
01-23-2018, 07:43 AM

/thread :wow

spursistan
01-23-2018, 07:44 AM

Probably that nigga raybies..Hasn't logged to the forum since shit started to go south..:lol

TheDoctor
01-23-2018, 08:10 AM
Don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel. :lol

BTW, someone bold this man.

TimDunkem
01-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Probably that nigga raybies..Hasn't logged to the forum since shit started to go south..:lol

Wonder if raybies still thinks we're a better team than GS. :lmao

"When we get healthy!....We had the lead on them after the first half of game 1!" :lol

SAGirl
01-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Stop this Kyrie non-sense. We had nothing to offer.
Hops Zar is a troll../ he is going to disregard rationality to push his agenda.

SAGirl
01-23-2018, 10:48 AM
Wonder if raybies still thinks we're a better team than GS. :lmao

"When we get healthy!....We had the lead on them after the first half of game 1!" :lol
To be fair to him and others, that cannot be known or unknown.

Injuries killed the Spurs and if anything it gives an excuse for the entire season. No need to ignore this truth with the purpose of trolling.

I am not persuaded they would have done much in the postseason past the second round even when healthy bc their guard situation is beyond pathetic but telling someone I told you so when the team has suffered the loss of their best player, a third leading scorer, and Manu, well it’s no wonder they are where they are.

lmbebo
01-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Think the spurs have had a remarkable season considering all the challenges they've faced this year. Its hard to say this team isn't well built or they suck when they really haven't been healthy enough to be truly evaluated. Its resulted in a lot of players to play outside there strengths and was originally envisioned for their roles.

SAGirl
01-23-2018, 11:11 AM
Think the spurs have had a remarkable season considering all the challenges they've faced this year. Its hard to say this team isn't well built or they suck when they really haven't been healthy enough to be truly evaluated. Its resulted in a lot of players to play outside there strengths and was originally envisioned for their roles.
Yes... basically this.
——
We only disagree that one could see the problems they had with their guards coming even b4 this season and they have gotten worse and will be worse next season with more attrition, injuries, aging, possible retirements. Either one of their recent guard draftees develops or they will need to brreak this up at some point through a trade. They need at least one quality guard who is young and doesn’t require minutes restrictions or rest games. I therefore completely understand going all in with Murray and see what he has.

TheGreatYacht
01-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Get the fuck in here raybies :lmao

TimDunkem
01-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Get the fuck in here raybies :lmao

That delusional slurper bastard has conveniently been MIA for awhile now. Shocker! :lmao

TheGreatYacht
01-23-2018, 01:06 PM
That delusional slurper bastard has conveniently been MIA for awhile now. Shocker! :lmao
He won't be showing up anytime soon seeing as it's a tough schedule from here on out and we'll most likely be playing the dubs, rockets, or wolves in the first round :lol

TD 21
01-23-2018, 06:12 PM
I saw the Woj quote and it sounds more like a lot of huffing and puffing but nothing that can be substantiated. Even if the Spurs didn't have the assets, they could have got in on a three way trade with another team. For that to happen, RC probably would have had to work a little over time.

"A formal offer isn't necessary when you can't make a competitive one."

Boston's offer wasn't on the table until weeks after he announced his desire to leave Cleveland. Prior to that, Cleveland was receiving nothing but low ball offers. That's a defeatist attitude if I've ever seen one. "Lets not make an offer because someone might make a better one."

This is a stunning lack of knowledge as to how the business works.

Even in a three way trade, Spurs didn't have a centerpiece (high end pick and/or prospect) and no one was giving them that for their spare parts.

Low ball or not, the offers still blew whatever Spurs could offer out of the water.

Hoops Czar
01-23-2018, 07:06 PM
This is a stunning lack of knowledge as to how the business works.

Even in a three way trade, Spurs didn't have a centerpiece (high end pick and/or prospect) and no one was giving them that for their spare parts.

Low ball or not, the offers still blew whatever Spurs could offer out of the water.

The lack of understanding is all yours. :lol

Sure, teams could offer more but sadly for the majority of those teams, Kyrie wouldn't guarantee a contract extension so that meant losing assets for nothing. A gamble teams weren't willing to commit to. He told the Spurs he would sign an extension. That alone puts them in a favorable position. The Spurs had LMA, Green, Murray and a 2018 1st at their disposal to be used in a trade for Kyrie. Yes, LMA was proving difficult to move because of his opt out clause but not impossible and the pick would have been a late first rounder but that's why you bring in a third team to make the deal work. When you don't have lemons to make lemonade, you borrow lemons from your neighbor. Come on TD21, didn't you have a lemonade stand when you were a kid?

dabom
01-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Ya fucking faggots. :lmao

TD 21
01-24-2018, 06:54 PM
The lack of understanding is all yours. :lol

Sure, teams could offer more but sadly for the majority of those teams, Kyrie wouldn't guarantee a contract extension so that meant losing assets for nothing. A gamble teams weren't willing to commit to. He told the Spurs he would sign an extension. That alone puts them in a favorable position. The Spurs had LMA, Green, Murray and a 2018 1st at their disposal to be used in a trade for Kyrie. Yes, LMA was proving difficult to move because of his opt out clause but not impossible and the pick would have been a late first rounder but that's why you bring in a third team to make the deal work. When you don't have lemons to make lemonade, you borrow lemons from your neighbor. Come on TD21, didn't you have a lemonade stand when you were a kid?

:lmao I don't get what about this is so difficult to comprehend. You needed 2 significant pieces for Irving: 1) A prime, above average starting PG so that they could maintain a current big 3 (granted, Thomas' hip injury has derailed that) and conference favorite status, 2) A significant pick or prospect.

Spurs had neither of these things and no one was giving them one for Aldridge or Green.

Hoops Czar
01-25-2018, 07:48 PM
:lmao I don't get what about this is so difficult to comprehend. You needed 2 significant pieces for Irving: 1) A prime, above average starting PG so that they could maintain a current big 3 (granted, Thomas' hip injury has derailed that) and conference favorite status, 2) A significant pick or prospect.

Spurs had neither of these things and no one was giving them one for Aldridge or Green.

You're laying on thick with hindsight and that goal post moving is epic. Nobody is disputing the Spurs could match Boston's offer however Boston's offer wasn't on the table until nearly a month after Irving demanded a trade.

Are you calling Isaiah Thomas a big three component? He's a huge downgrade from Irving and to top it all off, the only reason Ainge entered the Irving sweepstakes was because he was concerned over Isaiah's long term health prognosis and by the looks of things, he was right because Thomas is a shell of his former self. I would argue that if/when Lebron decides to leave this summer, that roster wouldn't be fit enough to make the playoffs in the leastern conference with Thomas/Love/third wheel. The only thing Cleveland got of substance was Brooklyn's 2018 unprotected. But again, Boston wasn't in the picture until late in the game and Irving made it increasingly difficult on Cleveland because he wasn't willing to sign an extension with most teams.

By the look of it, they better hope the brooklyn pick turns out to be lightening in a bottle because they've been robbed thus far. Also, your selling Aldridge short. He could have netted a mid lottery pick. The Spurs could not have pulled off a trade by themselves, they would have needed a third team to enter the fray which was certainly plausible before Boston's offer.

raybies
01-29-2018, 11:18 PM
Nah just realized this place was a waste of my time. The negativity in here is toxic. I have friends I talk to now to suffice my itch. Spoiled, irrational, illogical, etc... spurtalk in a nutshell. Most here have agendas or have to be the first to call something out cause they desperately want attention or feel if they are right they are somehow validated as a good analyst... I lurk but I always feel worse after I leave. I'm a team fan. I think this is what everyone wanted right? Bitching and complaining to the end lol

Robz4000
01-29-2018, 11:20 PM
Nah just realized this place was a waste of my time. The negativity in here is toxic. I have friends I talk to now to suffice my itch. Spoiled, irrational, illogical, etc... spurtalk in a nutshell. Most here have agendas or have to be the first to call something out cause they desperately want attention or feel if they are right they are somehow validated as a good analyst... I lurk but I always feel worse after I leave. I'm a team fan. I think this is what everyone wanted right? Bitching and complaining to the end lol

ST is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.

raybies
01-29-2018, 11:24 PM
I guess... just wish there were more good posters. Sucks having to ignore 90% of the community. This place is cancer tbh.

NASpurs
01-29-2018, 11:33 PM

Probably talking about reddit :lol

:cry don't talk bad about mah team, get a downvote :cry

SAGirl
01-29-2018, 11:37 PM
Ehhhh Don't have to hate on team fans. There is enough with Tholdren.....

sasaint
01-29-2018, 11:40 PM
I guess... just wish there were more good posters. Sucks having to ignore 90% of the community. This place is cancer tbh.

Eh, just pick and choose your topic and chat partners and hang on. Everybody here isn't a bad egg.

TheGreatYacht
01-30-2018, 12:18 AM

Budkin
01-30-2018, 02:17 AM

That’s what every forum seems like after being on SpursTalk for 13 years LOL. Granted this place used to at least be moderated to a degree. And maintained. Now it’s just kind of a wasteland.

TheDoctor
01-30-2018, 08:12 AM
That’s what every forum seems like after being on SpursTalk for 13 years LOL. Granted this place used to at least be moderated to a degree. And maintained. Now it’s just kind of a wasteland.
We are just realz and still the best Spurs forum. Media (PTC included) lurk in here. That alone tells you something.

weeks
01-30-2018, 12:35 PM
i love the freedom to argue we have on SpursTalk but too many kids here substitute abrasiveness for intellect

still superior to the reddit hugbox

TheDoctor
01-30-2018, 01:45 PM
i love the freedom to argue we have on SpursTalk but too many kids here substitute abrasiveness for intellect

still superior to the reddit hugbox

BackHome
01-30-2018, 11:47 PM
God Loves The Spurs

alpha_HaZE
01-31-2018, 01:16 AM
I was in denial when I first heard that when it came out, but now I can see Kawhi being unhappy with our team. Come to think about it, LA was frustruted and was asking a trade, Tony was injured, Manu was 40, Pau was well a bad contract, Rudy was coming off an injury that ended the carreer of many players, KA didn't seem he will ever take that next step, Jonathon was let go, who is Kawhi's best friend by the way, so, yes, I can see Kawhi worried about roster and future.

tholdren
01-31-2018, 06:59 AM
Kl can leave if hes unhappy.

bklynspursfan
01-31-2018, 07:30 AM
I was in denial when I first heard that when it came out, but now I can see Kawhi being unhappy with our team. Come to think about it, LA was frustruted and was asking a trade, Tony was injured, Manu was 40, Pau was well a bad contract, Rudy was coming off an injury that ended the carreer of many players, KA didn't seem he will ever take that next step, Jonathon was let go, who is Kawhi's best friend by the way, so, yes, I can see Kawhi worried about roster and future.

Kawhi has a best friend?

jermaine
01-31-2018, 07:40 AM

What happened to guys wanting to be "The Man"??? Being good enough to make players wanna come play with you.. Being the guy teams build around. Even if he stays, I'll never view him the same again. I had soooo much respect for Kawhi. Now I view him like Kobe. Quit on his team, wanted a trade until the Lakers got Pau... If it was rumors my wife didn't want me or was unhappy with me, an all she did was send her uncle our to say the rumors ain't true... I'd get rid of her ass no matter how fine she is. I've liked dude because how humble he seemed. I don't like players who think they're bigger than the organization.

jermaine
01-31-2018, 07:48 AM
Trade him to either LA team. Ingram, Nance Jr, an something. Or DeAndre, an alot of other shit. Lol

benefactor
01-31-2018, 08:01 AM
Translation...I was wrong and I got shit on now I'm all :cry muh time was wasted here you guise are meenies :cry

Good to hear you made some friends though.:tu

bic50
01-31-2018, 08:11 AM
What happened to guys wanting to be "The Man"??? Being good enough to make players wanna come play with you.. Being the guy teams build around. Even if he stays, I'll never view him the same again. I had soooo much respect for Kawhi. Now I view him like Kobe. Quit on his team, wanted a trade until the Lakers got Pau... If it was rumors my wife didn't want me or was unhappy with me, an all she did was send her uncle our to say the rumors ain't true... I'd get rid of her ass no matter how fine she is. I've liked dude because how humble he seemed. I don't like players who think they're bigger than the organization.
This is such an overreaction

Ice009
01-31-2018, 08:21 AM
He may have been friendly with Simmons, but I doubt they were best friends. If they were best friends, Simmons would still be on the team IMO. Unless Kawhi's retarded and forgot to tell the Spurs he wanted them to keep Simmons.

Speaking of Simmons? Did he guard Harden at all last night? If so, I guess we can put to rest that he's a great Harden defender, and put it more down to Harden being fatigued like a few other posters here mentioned here recently.

Atl Spur
01-31-2018, 08:29 AM
This is the San Antonio SPURS, not the San Antonio Kawhis! I honestly think it’s something to this story but drastically overblown. We shall see what happens.......

SAGirl
01-31-2018, 08:35 AM
He may have been friendly with Simmons, but I doubt they were best friends. If they were best friends, Simmons would still be on the team IMO. Unless Kawhi's retarded and forgot to tell the Spurs he wanted them to keep Simmons.

Speaking of Simmons? Did he guard Harden at all last night? If so, I guess we can put to rest that he's a great Harden defender, and put it more down to Harden being fatigued like a few other posters here mentioned here recently.
Simmons has not been a good defender. He was ok last season when he played in a good bench that had Dedmon as an anchor for at least half a season and then Gasol. He learned to play the Spurs team defense well enough to be a positive on that end, but he wasn't great and played against backups the entire season.

Manu and Danny deserve credit for that Rockets series. A few times Simmons defended Harden and he impressed people bc of the novelty, but Manu had the defensive play of that series with the block on Harden's 3 on game 5, and Danny defended Harden most of the time. Add to that the fact D'antoni was letting Harden get posted up by Aldridge and he got worn down and tired offensively IMO.

Simmons is an elite athlete and that stands out, but he wasn't anything special defensively.

jermaine
01-31-2018, 08:37 AM
This is such an overreaction

Is it!?! Or is it truth!?!

TheDoctor
01-31-2018, 09:07 AM
Translation...I was wrong and I got shit on now I'm all :cry muh time was wasted here you guise are meenies :cry

bic50
01-31-2018, 11:49 PM
Is it!?! Or is it truth!?!
Who knows? Seems to be just a rumor. Just last season kl was being praised here then next season fans quickly turn on him and pushing to trade him over some rumor.

raybies
03-08-2018, 05:40 PM

I can handle it... but the track please dont kill my vibe by Kendrick Lamar is actually a thing. Well at least to me. I got a positive vibe type personality. This place is mostly doom and gloom..

And I never said i had the best takes. I have takes. That is all. I'm an armchair gm like everyone else. Don't care if i was right or wrong. I was having fun. Stopped being fun tho.

raybies
03-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Eh, just pick and choose your topic and chat partners and hang on. Everybody here isn't a bad egg.
yeah i lurk... you a real one man.

sasaint
03-08-2018, 05:47 PM
yeah i lurk... you a real one man.

I lurked for several years - mostly to gather real news, statistical takes and insight from guys who are no longer here. A guy named Bruce comes to mind... A few others. Tbh, since the Bad Site scare, this place has really shrunk.

SAGirl
03-08-2018, 07:25 PM
I lurked for several years - mostly to gather real news, statistical takes and insight from guys who are no longer here. A guy named Bruce comes to mind... A few others. Tbh, since the Bad Site scare, this place has really shrunk.
That is true. I miss some guys even if they were proposing trades all season that would never happened. It dilluted a bit of the trolling.

ceds
03-08-2018, 07:38 PM
#! lurker

Leetonidas
03-08-2018, 07:41 PM

Bruno tbh. Wonder whatever happened to that Frenchie. Hopefully he didn't get mowed down by a terrorist

sasaint
03-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Bruno tbh. Wonder whatever happened to that Frenchie. Hopefully he didn't get mowed down by a terrorist

Bruno! That was the name. Thanks! :toast

tholdren
03-08-2018, 10:12 PM

MultiTroll
03-08-2018, 10:19 PM
Pop, His Yes Men, Buford, Mills and Gasol can leave if they are unhappy.

objective
11-30-2018, 11:16 PM

I think I know for sure now there's no coming back. Signing Marco, giving away Green and paying for the privilege of doing so, not getting back OG or Siakam, signing 30+ year old tweener scrubs to be the small forward ...

RIP front office

Kawhi may be a devious underhanded quitter, but if he was worried about the roster management going forward he's only been proven right

phxspurfan
11-30-2018, 11:38 PM
Holy shit fluffers got wrecked, absolutely destroyed in this thread... from denying Kawhi would ever want to leave, to denying the roster was made up of shit ass players. Great bump

There's always one golden rule about being on top. Only the paranoid survive. Spurs were complacent with Kawhi, like they were with TD/Manu/Tony between '08-'12, and went into the Holting Pattern (tm). This time it came back to bite them in the ass as Kawhi was more of a typical star rather than a super loyal dude, and told it to them straight, as much as he could (since he's a mute mfer he did it though His Camp). But he turned out to be right, the roster after TD retired was constructed by fucking Stevie Wonder.

JakeCuenca
11-30-2018, 11:42 PM
Wow The Great escape.

Someone should develop a video game around Kawhi Leonard trying to escape San Antonio.

Like a stealth game. Press X to hide in the lockeroom closet against suspecting spurs stuff. Press triangle to fake an injury and press Square to call for Uncle Dennis to help you out.

objective
11-30-2018, 11:52 PM
No medical staff in the world could make Pau and Mills worth their contract

phxspurfan
12-01-2018, 12:13 AM
I would just like to point out that Phoenix the team and the city/area is a Mecca of Sports Medicine. Seems like it would be easy to hire some guys from there to work for you. Didn't the Sun's medical Staff help a broken Nash win two consecutive MVP or get a Run Down Shaq playing at the highest level before he fell off the cliff? All about Priorities.

I used to live there. The extreme desert heat actually makes people more fit/athletic too. Kind of like how the altitude in Utah and Denver give those guys good wind and natural home court advantage.

Maybe similar to how the extreme cold in places like Lambeau field/Chicago makes some people pretty shitty football players :lol

TDomination
12-01-2018, 02:17 AM
Holy shit fluffers got wrecked, absolutely destroyed in this thread... from denying Kawhi would ever want to leave, to denying the roster was made up of shit ass players. Great bump

There's always one golden rule about being on top. Only the paranoid survive. Spurs were complacent with Kawhi, like they were with TD/Manu/Tony between '08-'12, and went into the Holting Pattern (tm). This time it came back to bite them in the ass as Kawhi was more of a typical star rather than a super loyal dude, and told it to them straight, as much as he could (since he's a mute mfer he did it though His Camp). But he turned out to be right, the roster after TD retired was constructed by fucking Stevie Wonder.

This thread is incredible. I was always optimistic about patfo and kawhi but man a lot of "negative" post seem to be right on the money.

But there is one thing I still don't understand. We all know kawhi wanted to go to LA. He would've NEVER chosen the raptors. Both clippers and Lakers are not the best constructed teams. If Kawhi truly was all about championships, he would've asked to be traded for teams like celtics, raptors, thunder, maybe jazz, Portland, 76ers. But it was always about going to LA. And with all the rumors and speculation during the summer, never did I hear that kawhi planned to go to la with lebron. In fact the only thing I did hear is that after lebron signed in laker land, kawhi prefers the clippers.

So anyways, obviously kawhi wanted out of here. Misdiagnosis and all that But roster reasons doesnt seem to be high on the list of why he wanted out.

Otherwise why ask for LA and only LA? Maybe cause his uncle wants him there?

phxspurfan
12-01-2018, 02:20 AM
This thread is incredible. I was always optimistic about patfo and kawhi but man a lot of "negative" post seem to be right on the money.

But there is one thing I still don't understand. We all know kawhi wanted to go to LA. He would've NEVER chosen the raptors. Both clippers and Lakers are not the best constructed teams. If Kawhi truly was all about championships, he would've asked to be traded for teams like celtics, raptors, thunder, maybe jazz, Portland, 76ers. But it was always about going to LA. And with all the rumors and speculation during the summer, never did I hear that kawhi planned to go to la with lebron. In fact the only thing I did hear is that after lebron signed in laker land, kawhi prefers the clippers.

So anyways, obviously kawhi wanted out of here. Misdiagnosis and all that But roster reasons doesnt seem to be high on the list of why he wanted out.

Kawhi's uncle wanted LA my dude. Kawhi just wants to be happy. But when you're a 27 year old coddled millionaire or whatever requirements for happy changes daily

12-01-2018, 02:27 AM
my sources tell me the patty mills contract was the last straw for kawhi...:lol

TDomination
12-01-2018, 02:34 AM
Kawhi's uncle wanted LA my dude. Kawhi just wants to be happy. But when you're a 27 year old coddled millionaire or whatever requirements for happy changes daily

Exactly, which pretty much negates the roster construction issue being a main reason for kawhi leaving.

Uncle wanted Kawhi in la for a while already and used the misdiagnosis as leverage to show Kawhi they need to leave but we need to go to Los Angeles. And kawhi loves being at home so he agreed.

Although our roster construction is horrible, kawhi did not leave because of that. Other familial factors came into play.

TimDunkem
12-01-2018, 02:52 AM
How about this roster now, fluffers? Looks like us "fake fans" where right. Who knows if and how much an issue this was, but Kawhi made the right decision to leave while he could. Who the fuck would want to carry a team with Bryn Forbes, Rudy Gay, Patty Mills, and Pau Gasol? A team where, if you take too many shots, LMA will be upset.

I knew it. I fucking knew our championship days were over when Woj dropped the news about Mills new contract.

RD2191
12-01-2018, 03:36 AM

Crofl. Faggot.

RD2191
12-01-2018, 03:39 AM
There's a difference between foreseeing trouble in paradise, and trolling in every thread to just be the rain over everyone's parade.

Obviously, things aren't like they were when we had a prime Tim Duncan and All-Star Tony and Manu. We all fucking get it.

I can't say that every move the team has made in the last 4 years has been perfect, but neither has any team's...save maybe the Warriors'. To Golden State's credit, they have built an amazingly formidable force, through the draft, trade, and FA...but even that was 8 years in the making and took a few strokes of luck, just like the Spurs had in the early 2000s.

That being said, we still have the same FO that brought Kawhi here, and the same FO that beat Lebron's super team in 2014. To act like this team is dwelling in the cellar, or even in the purgatory of the mid-NBA, is asinine. They were one Ray Allen three from winning in 2013. They were a couple injuries away from seriously challenging those "unbeatable" Warriors last season.

For all the moves that Houston, Cleveland, and OKC made...they are still trying to get into the Spurs position, even with all our so-called "old" and "crappy" players. Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I refuse to buy into the doom and gloom that some of the "fans" around here seem to subscribe to.

That all may sound like hyperbole right now....but come at me at the end of the season if you really think I'm wrong. This team will be challenging for a championship when all is said and done, and that's all anybody can ask for.

Retire, bum. Worst poster in this site.

RD2191
12-01-2018, 03:44 AM

NASpurs
12-01-2018, 03:49 AM

This (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275877) thread is fun too.

Ok fixed: https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275877

timtonymanu
12-01-2018, 04:53 AM
Lmao this team was getting swept by the Suns and losing to 8th seeds until this guy came in and carried the FO

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/6450.png&w=350&h=254

Thank god the Raptors drafted Valenciunas when they did or he would've been our franchise player.

Now they have both lmao

r0drig0lac
12-01-2018, 06:26 AM
No medical staff in the world could make Pau and Mills worth their contract

tbh tbh tbh tbh

the reality is that Kawhi did not want to be a spur (maybe because of Aldridge, Parker, front office, idk), he did not want to be here, simple like that, but he just wanted to be out of here, watching the raptors he looks more like a guy in the crowd and not that guy who was tense and serious every moment that was visualized in the bank

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Now they have both lmao

RC_Drunkford
12-01-2018, 08:24 AM
to be fair, this team might've been better if Uncle Dennis took over as a GM

james evans
12-01-2018, 08:24 AM
I told y’all this summer that Kawhi was smarter than we thought he was. He saw Popovich not giving a damn about winning titles and just wanting to keep his playoff streak alive and bounced. Smart man

therealtruth
12-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Kawhi would have stayed if Pop was willing to change and not be so stubborn and dictatorial.

Mugen
12-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Really a great call by Kawhi and Dennis about how terrible the roster/FO was....

The only misstep so far was not playing it nice and getting the supermax before demanding out, but I guess he wanted to win now. Great move for them to leave this sinking ship.