PDA

View Full Version : 40 million a year for two extremely soft bigs

Amuseddaysleeper
10-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Pop and RC have completely lost the plot. It's only going to get worst next summer with Kawhi having an aging roster and everyone else got better out west while the Spurs continue to get worse.

Might be time for RC to hang to hang it up. Worst offseason imaginable.

Russ
10-16-2017, 06:31 PM
Pop and RC have completely lost the plot. It's only going to get worst next summer with Kawhi having an aging roster and everyone else got better out west while the Spurs continue to get worse.

Might be time for RC to hang to hang it up. Worst offseason imaginable.

I don't see how everyone else out West got better.

OKC shot their wad on two creaky statues (at least one of whom will likely leave soon in any event).

Houston got an aging point guard -- I've noticed that Spurs fans don't seem to love such guys (at least when they're on our side).

The Spurs may have problems, but I don't see how the other Western teams are getting better over the long haul.

TheGreatYacht
10-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Just wait until we have a 40 Million/year back court once Danny and Tony expire after this season.

Robz4000
10-16-2017, 06:37 PM
The LMA contract isn't bad all things considered. Agree on the rest though.

lilbthebasedgod
10-16-2017, 06:40 PM
Aldridge is not soft at all and does fine when he isn't asked to post up from the 3pt line

TheGreatYacht
10-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Aldridge is not soft at all and does fine when he isn't asked to post up from the 3pt line
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/55/04/01/11812981/5/920x920.jpg

TimDunkem
10-16-2017, 06:53 PM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/55/04/01/11812981/5/920x920.jpg
Got 'em.

Seventyniner
10-16-2017, 07:26 PM
I don't see how everyone else out West got better.

OKC shot their wad on two creaky statues (at least one of whom will likely leave soon in any event).

Houston got an aging point guard -- I've noticed that Spurs fans don't seem to love such guys (at least when they're on our side).

The Spurs may have problems, but I don't see how the other Western teams are getting better over the long haul.

Agreed. The only team in the West that got appreciably better is the Wolves, and if you're scared of them then you're scared of everyone. Personally I don't think Carmelo right now is much better than Gay and OC's roster 4-15 is easily worse than the Spurs. The Rockets increased their ceiling this offseason but lowered their floor if Paul and Harden really can't share the ball enough.

tholdren
10-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Quick, name the dominant bigs in the nba... we will be waiting

Holden_Caulfield
10-16-2017, 08:42 PM
we have Costello, everything will be fine.

bklynspursfan
10-16-2017, 08:43 PM
I sometimes think people forget where we were last season...

cjw
10-16-2017, 10:52 PM
Yeah, 34 and 12 to close out a rival on the road in game 6 (without Kawhi and Parker) is soft.

vy65
10-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Jason Garrett of Arriosti Sports Therapy shared an interesting story regarding Aldridge on Mike Taylor's radio show. He said Tim and Lamarcus were working out together (doing one on one drills) and Lamarcus was exhausted. LA stopped playing and said something like "Man, I don't know how you do it". Tim said, "If you want to be playing when you're 39, you gotta work. Let's go." LaMarcus said "Nah, I'm done" and walked off the court.

Keepin' it real
10-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Jason Garrett of Arriosti Sports Therapy shared an interesting story regarding Aldridge on Mike Taylor's radio show. He said Tim and Lamarcus were working out together (doing one on one drills) and Lamarcus was exhausted. LA stopped playing and said something like "Man, I don't know how you do it". Tim said, "If you want to be playing when you're 39, you gotta work. Let's go." LaMarcus said "Nah, I'm done" and walked off the court.

Big time shout out to LMA! Don't succumb to peer pressure. Be your own man!

:bobo

BillMc
10-16-2017, 11:31 PM
If OP starts a game thread it will be 40 million a year for two injured bigs. :lol

vy65
10-17-2017, 12:00 AM
Kawhi wouldn’t have acted like a faggot

r0drig0lac
10-17-2017, 05:10 AM
Big time shout out to LMA! Don't succumb to peer pressure. Be your own man!

:bobo

alpha http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

bic50
10-17-2017, 08:09 AM
Yeah, 34 and 12 to close out a rival on the road in game 6 (without Kawhi and Parker) is soft.
Lma will continue to be judged on his last playoff performance against gsw.

DAF86
10-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Quick, name the dominant bigs in the nba... we will be waiting

That's exactly why it's retarded to throw crazy money at them. In today's NBA you have to get (cheap) defensive minded bigmen (ala Tristan Thompson, Clint Capela, Gobert, etc. We had Dedmon :cry), and spend the big money on guards and wings.

Chinook
10-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Calling Thompson and Gobert cheap is a stretch. And Capela will likely be on that list next year.

cjw
10-17-2017, 08:59 PM
That's exactly why it's retarded to throw crazy money at them. In today's NBA you have to get (cheap) defensive minded bigmen (ala Tristan Thompson, Clint Capela, Gobert, etc. We had Dedmon :cry), and spend the big money on guards and wings.

Are any of Tristan, Capella or Gobert cheap anymore? No.

PATFO has done a crappy job developing bigs and wasted picks in Europe.

Don't compare Dedmon to those guys. Not even close, and unlike the rest he wasn't drafted by Spurs so limited ability to retain him cheap after year 1.

DAF86
10-17-2017, 09:03 PM
Are any of Tristan, Capella or Gobert cheap anymore? No.

PATFO has done a crappy job developing bigs and wasted picks in Europe.

Don't compare Dedmon to those guys. Not even close, and unlike the rest he wasn't drafted by Spurs so limited ability to retain him cheap after year 1.

I don't know Gobbert. But, without looking, I pretty much doubt TT and Capela are making LA kind of money.

And regarding Dedmom, I would much rather have him on the roster at his cost, than LA or Gasol at theirs.

DAF86
10-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Calling Thompson and Gobert cheap is a stretch. And Capela will likely be on that list next year.

When I said "cheap", I meant "not Aldridge money". Not all-star money. There aren't many bigmen, if any, deserving all-star/superstar money. They just aren't that valuable anymore.

Chinook
10-17-2017, 09:14 PM
When I said "cheap", I meant "not Aldridge money". Not all-star money. There aren't many bigmen, if any, deserving all-star/superstar money. They just aren't that valuable anymore.

Gobert is making more than LMA on their extensions.

tholdren
10-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Got 'em.

Right, that one pic is worth way more than a series win.

DAF86
10-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Gobert is making more than LMA on their extensions.

He's probably one of the few that's worth it, tbh. His style is the picture perfect example of what NBA bigmen should be nowadays.

Chinook
10-17-2017, 09:29 PM
He's probably one of the few that's worth it, tbh. His style is the picture perfect example of what NBA bigmen should be nowadays.

Yet, LMA was just as good of a rim-protector last year. Funny that.

DAF86
10-17-2017, 09:30 PM

I never had any issues with Aldridge's defense, tbh. His inefficient offensive style is the fatal flaw that bugs me, tbh.

cjw
10-17-2017, 09:38 PM

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument! And Gobert being well-rounded? He's a fraction of the player LMA is on offense.

And some people don't know you can actually look salaries up online. It's what's in their head that matters.

DAF86
10-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument! And Gobert being well-rounded? He's a fraction of the player LMA is on offense.

And some people don't know you can actually look salaries up online. It's what's in their head that matters.

Gobert offenisve numbers last season: OWS: 8.3 - OBPM: 1.4
Aldridge's offensive numbers last season: OWS: 3.5 - OBPM: -0.3

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/goberru01.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01.html

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good argument!

TimDunkem
10-17-2017, 10:19 PM
Right, that one pic is worth way more than a series win.That wasn't what he was arguing against with that picture you dumb, crazy fuck.

Chinook
10-17-2017, 10:49 PM
Meanwhile a guy like Capela can't finish against mismatches because he has no offensive skill. Houston is so ahead of the game.

BackHome
10-17-2017, 10:54 PM
Only player who I have no idea why we signed is Pau He sucked last season was terrible in playoffs and yet we sign him to this crazy contract. Pop and RC screwing us again.

DAF86
10-17-2017, 11:13 PM
Meanwhile a guy like Capela can't finish against mismatches because he has no offensive skill. Houston is so ahead of the game.

You mean, unlike Aldridge? :lmao

And since we are at it:

Capela's offensive numbers: 3.8 OWS - 0.0 OBPM

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/capelca01.html

Still better than Aldridges. :lmao

Literally all you have to do, as a bigmen, to have a better offenisve impact than Adridge, is set screens and don't be a cancer asking for the ball. :lmao

TimDunkem
10-17-2017, 11:16 PM

And since we are at it:

Literally all you have to do, as a bigmen, to have a better offenisve impact that Aldridge is set screens and don't ask for the ball. :lmao

Inb4 he makes a chart of every obscure advanced Stat possible to tell you why you're wrong.

DAF86
10-17-2017, 11:19 PM
Inb4 he makes a chart of every obscure advanced Stat possible to tell you why you're wrong.

No, he won't. He's an old school fella, still in love with tradtitional two bigmen lineups and post ups. He doesn't do advanced stats, or else he wouldn't be arguing in favour of LA.

TimDunkem
10-17-2017, 11:20 PM
No, he won't. He's an old school fella, still in love with tradtitional two bigmen lineups and post ups. He doesn't do advanced stats, or else he wouldn't be arguing in favour of LA.

Guess you missed the debate with me in the Kyle Anderson thread where he stayed up all night coming up with stats trying to debate why he's "much better" than T.J. Warren. :lol

DAF86
10-17-2017, 11:22 PM
Guess you missed the debate with me in the Kyle Anderson thread where he stayed up all night coming up with stats trying to debate why he's "much better" than T.J. Warren. :lol

I guess he does Advanced stats when it fits his agenda.

TimDunkem
10-17-2017, 11:26 PM
Just wait until he starts spinning them.

"Kyle's stats are an extremely small sample size and he may be a pussy who won't shoot anyway, but they're slightly better than Warren's so he's so much better!"

Chinook
10-18-2017, 03:11 AM
Just wait until he starts spinning them.

"Kyle's stats are an extremely small sample size and he may be a pussy who won't shoot anyway, but they're slightly better than Warren's so he's so much better!"

You've been so fucking pathetic since the LMA news came out. The "advanced stats" that you're referencing are your own percentile splits. You tried to claim Warren was a good offensive player by citing certain areas where he scores well in certain situation, and I countered to say that Kyle was higher on that list in most of the categories or in the categories that mattered more. Then of course, you acted like seven rebounds was essentially the same as five, only to show that you didn't understand the context of the rebounding stats in the first place.

It wasn't me trying to whip out some advanced stats to make an argument for Kyle. It was you trying to use stats and showing you don't know how. Awesome. And the sad thing is, because you tried, I was open to a regular conversation about it.

Chinook
10-18-2017, 03:13 AM

I feel like you're purposefully misunderstanding my view if you believe I want LMA to start at PF and not C. Like you must not have read anything I've said for the past two years.

Chinook
10-18-2017, 03:21 AM

And since we are at it:

Literally all you have to do, as a bigmen, to have a better offenisve impact than Adridge, is set screens and don't be a cancer asking for the ball. :lmao

See, this is fundamentally misunderstanding how these stats work. Capela having better stats doesn't make him a better offensive player. Green had a better OBPM than Parker last year. I guess you're going to say now that Tony was a worse offensive player than Danny? All Capela has to do is rebound and dunk, so him being good at those things makes his stats good. But when the Rockets need a bucket, and Clint has the ball against a wing, that ball isn't going in most of the time. That lets you guard him completely differently than it should. Imagine Clint as the second option on an offense. Awful. Wouldn't have to guard him.

tholdren
10-18-2017, 06:20 AM
That wasn't what he was arguing against with that picture you dumb, crazy fuck.

Awwwww you mad again emoji man?.... keep name calling, its a great look.

TimDunkem
10-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Awwwww you mad again emoji man?.... keep name calling, its a great look.

No. Just calling a dumbass a dumbass.

dabom
10-18-2017, 12:56 PM
Fathead is trash. :lol

TimDunkem
10-18-2017, 12:56 PM
You've been so fucking pathetic since the LMA news came out. The "advanced stats" that you're referencing are your own percentile splits. You tried to claim Warren was a good offensive player by citing certain areas where he scores well in certain situation, and I countered to say that Kyle was higher on that list in most of the categories or in the categories that mattered more. Then of course, you acted like seven rebounds was essentially the same as five, only to show that you didn't understand the context of the rebounding stats in the first place.

It wasn't me trying to whip out some advanced stats to make an argument for Kyle. It was you trying to use stats and showing you don't know how. Awesome. And the sad thing is, because you tried, I was open to a regular conversation about it.
1.You cited extremely small sample sizes.
2.No I didn't. I pointed out that Kyle had the edge in rebounding.
3. You did in fact start whipping out your advanced metrics as soon as Warren's obvious strengths over Kyle were being pointed out.

Damn. Not only are you bad at player analysis but you're a liar too.

TimDunkem
10-18-2017, 01:04 PM
You can cite all the advanced metrics you want. The skills of heart and aggressiveness matter to a point. If the big-headed pussy isn't going to shoot, or is going to pass the ball and kill the offense at a crucial point in the game then he isn't the better player.

Chinook
10-18-2017, 01:09 PM
1.You cited extremely small sample sizes.

Empty statement and one that is misused by folks who pretend to understand stats. Depending on the stat and testing method, it may only take a couple-dozen minutes to get a good confidence interval.

2.No I didn't. I pointed out that Kyle had the edge in rebounding.

You consistently downplayed it, as if it's a trivial difference. It's not, it's 40 fucking percent.

3. You did in fact start whipping out your advanced metrics as soon as Warren's obvious strengths over Kyle were being pointed out.

:lol fucking pathetic. Warren's "obvious strengths" according to you were him running PnRs and cutting. There was a third one -- I think it was coming off some type of screen -- but they all relied on you trying to use stats. This was all in your lame attempt to say Warren would be a better player than he is now if Pop had him.

Again, what a silly-ass hill for you to fight on. Fucking TJ Warren. To still be butt-hurt about him after all these weeks.

TimDunkem
10-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Empty statement and one that is misused by folks who pretend to understand stats. Depending on the stat and testing method, it may only take a couple-dozen minutes to get a good confidence interval.

You consistently downplayed it, as if it's a trivial difference. It's not, it's 40 fucking percent.

:lol fucking pathetic. Warren's "obvious strengths" according to you were him running PnRs and cutting. There was a third one -- I think it was coming off some type of screen -- but they all relied on you trying to use stats. This was all in your lame attempt to say Warren would be a better player than he is now if Pop had him.

Again, what a silly-ass hill for you to fight on. Fucking TJ Warren. To still be butt-hurt about him after all these weeks.

Yeah, talk about pathetic. Every argument is silly when it doesn't fit your narrative, huh? Fathead is so much better therefore no other comparable player could possibly show more with the same opportunities on this team, right?

And, again, it's not the player. It's you trying to use these small samples to make your case that Kyle could be anything more than a backup in the NBA. Your boy sucks and no small amount of advanced stats is going to prove your case that he's better than Warren or any other half
-decent small forward in the league. He's a pussy and there's a reason the Spurs aren't looking to extend him. Try watching the games instead of staying up all night pouring over the CBA and your advanced stats, faggot.

Chinook
10-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Yeah, talk about pathetic. Every argument is silly when it doesn't fit your narrative, huh? Fathead is so much better therefore no other comparable player could possibly show more with the same opportunities on this team, right?

:cry Pop woulda fixed him :cry

these small samples

:rolleyes

Your boy sucks and no small amount of advanced stats is going to prove your case that he's better than Warren or any other half -decent small forward in the league. He's a pussy and there's a reason the Spurs aren't looking to extend him. Try watching the games instead of staying up all night pouring over the CBA and your advanced stats, faggot.

:cry

I'd be inclined to believe you're more concerned about Anderson sucking than Warren (because god knows you've been nothing but a broken record on Kyle), but you were way too keen to shill a relative nobody like Warren to believe it was going to be the same for just any player, trying to protect the dude's honor like a guy on a message board was some type of threat to him.

Wipe that snot off your face and stand up. The season is about to start, and there's no reason to let something so trivial stick with you all year.

TimDunkem
10-18-2017, 01:35 PM
:cry Pop woulda fixed him :cry

:rolleyes

:cry

I'd be inclined to believe you're more concerned about Anderson sucking than Warren (because god knows you've been nothing but a broken record on Kyle), but you were way too keen to shill a relative nobody like Warren to believe it was going to be the same for just any player, trying to protect the dude's honor like a guy on a message board was some type of threat to him.

Wipe that snot off your face and stand up. The season is about to start, and there's no reason to let something so trivial stick with you all year.
Too bad Pop couldn't give Fathead a pulse. Maybe he could have actually produced well enough to get that extension.:lol

And, no, sorry, you don't get to claim that I was shilling out for anyone when you were literally staying up all night to defend your silly argument that Fathead was a better player. Nice try, hypocrite.

Damn. Bad analysis, a liar, AND a hypocrite. :lol

DAF86
10-18-2017, 01:38 PM
See, this is fundamentally misunderstanding how these stats work. Capela having better stats doesn't make him a better offensive player. Green had a better OBPM than Parker last year. I guess you're going to say now that Tony was a worse offensive player than Danny?

On the last regular season? Yes. Tony on the last regular season sucked ass, he was a 6 foot guy that couldn't shoot for shit. Danny for the sole reason of comanding attention when he was standing on the three pt line had a much better impact than Tony, and that's why the numbers reflect it.

All Capela has to do is rebound and dunk, so him being good at those things makes his stats good. But when the Rockets need a bucket, and Clint has the ball against a wing, that ball isn't going in most of the time. That lets you guard him completely differently than it should. Imagine Clint as the second option on an offense. Awful. Wouldn't have to guard him.

And that's all you need from a bigmen in today's NBA. Somebody that is athletic, sets good screens and doesn't demand the ball on the post.

Numbers show that post ups are the least efficient play in basketball, even a good post up player will be below average in terms of overall efficiency. That's why having post up players is not worth it. So yeah, Capela as a second option wouldn't work, but having Aldridge as a second option doesn't work either if you really want to contend.

Chinook
10-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Too bad Pop couldn't give Fathead a pulse. Maybe he could have actually produced well enough to get that extension.:lol

And, no, sorry, you don't get to claim that I was shilling out for anyone when you were literally staying up all night to defend your silly argument that Fathead was a better player. Nice try, hypocrite.

Damn. Bad analysis, a liar, AND a hypocrite. :lol

"Staying up all night" meaning looking at one site. No wonder you're bad at using stats if you think that was any work at all.

Seriously, though, this butt-hurt, sniveling character you've become just isn't you, man. I don't know if it's Tho getting to you or LMA staying on. You should be working your way into regular-season shape right now, not sobbing into an empty half-gallon of Blue Bell.

Chinook
10-18-2017, 01:49 PM
On the last regular season? Yes. Tony on the last regular season sucked ass, he was a 6 foot guy that couldn't shot for shit. Danny for the sole reason of comanding attention when he was standing on the three pt line had a much better impact than Tony, and that's why the numbers reflect it.

Danny in his role was more helpful than Tony in his. But Danny couldn't have done Tony's role, because that required more skills than he had. A straight comparison between them doesn't make sense as a result. And before you get into "I wasn't trying to compare them," cjw was trying to compared LMA's and Gobert's offensive games in a vacuum before you whipped out your stats.

And that's all you need from a bigmen in today's NBA. Somebody that is athletic, sets good screens and doesn't demand the ball on the post.

Except those aren't the guys that beat the Draymonds and Durants of the world. Those aren't the guys who dominate Game Sixes on the road to close out a WCF and then put on clinics in the Finals. Plenty of teams have guys like you describe: LAC, HOU, Utah are the examples we've been discussing. Those aren't the teams that are pushing GS. Memphis has Gasol and Randolph; the Spurs had LMA; Denver, Jokic; Washington, Morris -- and so on.

Numbers show that post ups are the least efficient play in basketball, even a good post up player will be below average in terms of overall efficiency. That's why having post up players is not worth it.

The Warriors post up quite a bit as part of their offense. They don't do it to be inefficient; they do it because it forces the defense to scramble and opens guys up. Lazy post-only guys like Jefferson are dying out, but quick-hit, mismatch dependent post-ups are not dying. Plus you have elite post players like Kawhi who are also efficient.

TimDunkem
10-18-2017, 01:58 PM
"Staying up all night" meaning looking at one site. No wonder you're bad at using stats if you think that was any work at all.

Seriously, though, this butt-hurt, sniveling character you've become just isn't you, man. I don't know if it's Tho getting to you or LMA staying on. You should be working your way into regular-season shape right now, not sobbing into an empty half-gallon of Blue Bell.
Okay. Let's just pretend your weren't up from 12 to 6 defending Fathead's honor. :lol Not even SAGirl goes that far.

Chinook
10-18-2017, 02:04 PM
Okay. Let's just pretend your weren't up from 12 to 6 defending Fathead's honor. :lol Not even SAGirl goes that far.

I might have woken up at one or two that day. I don't remember. I wake up a 3a.m. every day as it is. Me being up at the witching hour posting isn't really weird, provided there's something to talk about.

DAF86
10-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Danny in his role was more helpful than Tony in his. But Danny couldn't have done Tony's role, because that required more skills than he had. A straight comparison between them doesn't make sense as a result. And before you get into "I wasn't trying to compare them," cjw was trying to compared LMA's and Gobert's offensive games in a vacuum before you whipped out your stats.

And what good does it do to compare the skills of individual players? Jamal Crawford might have more individual skill than Danny, but I would take Danny 10 times out of 10 in my team to form a championship team. Same shit with Aldridge and Gobert, in favour of the French.

Except those aren't the guys that beat the Draymonds and Durants of the world. Those aren't the guys who dominate Game Sixes on the road to close out a WCF and then put on clinics in the Finals. Plenty of teams have guys like you describe: LAC, HOU, Utah are the examples we've been discussing. Those aren't the teams that are pushing GS. Memphis has Gasol and Randolph; the Spurs had LMA; Denver, Jokic; Washington, Morris -- and so on.

The only team that has beaten the Warriors in the last three season have been the Cavs, playing Tristan Thompson as the only traditional big.

The Warriors post up quite a bit as part of their offense. They don't do it to be inefficient; they do it because it forces the defense to scramble and opens guys up. Lazy post-only guys like Jefferson are dying out, but quick-hit, mismatch dependent post-ups are not dying. Plus you have elite post players like Kawhi who are also efficient.

Well, Aldridge isn't a big fan of all those fancy, tricky post ups play, nor he is a good passer off the block. So again, not worth having him.

Chinook
10-18-2017, 02:11 PM
And what good does it do to compare the skills of individual players? Jamal Crawford might have more individual skill than Danny, but I would take Danny 10 times out of 10 in my team to form a championship team. Same shit with Aldridge and Gobert, in favour of the French.

That's not the point, though. Crawford is still a better offensive player than Green is. Green is more useful, sure. But that's a different argument.

The only team that has beaten the Warriors in the last three season have been the Cavs, playing Tristan Thompson as the only traditional big.

We're in a world with Love isn't a traditional big anymore.

Well, Aldridge isn't a big fan of all those fancy, tricky post ups play, nor he is a good passer off the block. So again, not worth having him.

Guess you didn't watch the pre-season.

SAGirl
10-18-2017, 02:21 PM
920499094094794753:toast You will be missed JSimms.

DAF86
10-18-2017, 02:22 PM
That's not the point, though. Crawford is still a better offensive player than Green is. Green is more useful, sure. But that's a different argument.

If you are talented but your style of play is so inefficient that a 3 and D guy ends up being more useful for an offense than you, are you really a better offensive player?

Anyways, my argument was never "who the better offensive player is". My argument has always been "who's more useful to win games".

We're in a world with Love isn't a traditional big anymore.

How many Love's post ups do you remember? In fact, how many minutes did Love even play that series?

Guess you didn't watch the pre-season.

Nop, couldn't watch much. Either way: pre-season. I would wait to make a judgement but I hope, for the good of the Spurs, that Aldridge can become an efficient player.

Seventyniner
10-18-2017, 03:01 PM

But the Cavs got destroyed last year, and the Thunder with two bigs took the Warriors to the limit in 2016. I don't think there's enough data to say that two bigs can't work against the Warriors. I will admit that Pau as one of those bigs is a recipe for failure.

DAF86
10-18-2017, 03:23 PM
But the Cavs got destroyed last year, and the Thunder with two bigs took the Warriors to the limit in 2016. I don't think there's enough data to say that two bigs can't work against the Warriors. I will admit that Pau as one of those bigs is a recipe for failure.

The Thunder played most of that series with either Ibaka or Adams as the only big. And neither of them demands touches on the post.

tholdren
10-18-2017, 05:34 PM
No. Just calling a dumbass a dumbass.

Lol hi pot. You have no logical take, then you name call... quick post check and edit... lolololol

TimDunkem
10-18-2017, 07:13 PM
Lol hi pot. You have no logical take, then you name call... quick post check and edit... lolololol
Serious question - are you on drugs? Maybe a cocktail of anti-depressants and stimulants? They don't seem to be mixing well, tbh.

tholdren
10-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Serious question - are you on drugs? Maybe a cocktail of anti-depressants and stimulants? They don't seem to be mixing well, tbh.

And there you go... i called it. Lol youre sad man.

TimDunkem
10-18-2017, 09:02 PM
I'm going to take that as a yes.

Capt Bringdown
10-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Whatever hopes one had of the Spurs being serious contenders officially ended with these signings.
Leonard is looking at a career of nice numbers, but no more rings.
You might say the wheels fell off when TD retired, and that's that.
But the wheels fucking vaporized into sub-atomic mist with the signing of these 2 turds.

Got simulator crew?