PDA

View Full Version : "Half-baked spurious nationalism"

RandomGuy
10-17-2017, 12:40 PM
In Speech, Sen. McCain Decries 'Half-Baked, Spurious Nationalism'

In what appeared to be a thinly veiled reference to politics in the Age of Trump, Sen. John McCain on Monday warned Americans against "half-baked, spurious nationalism," calling the abandonment of U.S. global leadership "unpatriotic."

Speaking in Philadelphia, where he was being honored with the Liberty Medal by the National Constitution Center, McCain did not mention the president by name, but his words appeared to be aimed at Trump and his administration.

"To abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems," he said, "is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history."
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/17/558247566/in-speech-sen-mccain-decries-half-baked-spurious-nationalism

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump on Tuesday issued a warning shot after Republican Sen. John McCain questioned "half-baked, spurious nationalism" in America's foreign policy.

Trump said in a radio interview with WMAL in Washington that "people have to be careful because at some point I fight back." The president added "I'm being very, very nice but at some point I fight back and it won't be pretty."

McCain, a former Navy pilot who spent 5½ years in a Vietnam prisoner of war camp and is battling brain cancer, offered a simple response to Trump: "I have faced tougher adversaries."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-issues-warning-mccain-senators-tough-speech-150027438--politics.html

:lmao

What is Golfy McVroom Vroom gonna do to McCain? Golf him to death? Throw paper towels at him? Give him a crappy golf trophy? :rollin

boutons_deux
10-17-2017, 12:56 PM
"U.S. global leadership" aka militarily occupying and/or bombing the shit out of anybody :lol

"abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe"

make money, more money, always more money because money is power is the ideal. How many legit democracies has America created by "advancing ... ideals" ? :lol

ugly fucking unpretty Trash is threatening McCain and "it won't be pretty" :lol