PDA

View Full Version : USC vs UT Schedule-wise

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 03:19 PM
With the debate in another thread about strength of schedule....here are some numbers.

NOTE....this is NOT to support one side or the other, this is all fact...feel free to add any opinions you would like. :)

USC (6-0):
opponents played combined record: 18-19
opponets still to play combined record: 22-13
ranked opponents (ranking at the time played): Oregon #24, ASU #14, ND #9
ranked opponents still to be played (current ranking...subject to change):
Cal #25, Fresno State #24, UCLA #8

UT (6-0):
opponents played combined record: 16-19
opponets still to play combined record: 20-10
ranked opponents (ranking at the time played): Ohio St. #4, CU #24
ranked opponents still to be played (current ranking...subject to change):
Tech #10

Discuss. :)

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Good wins:

UT at Columbus over now 14th ranked Ohio State by 3 points.

USC at Eugene over now 13th ranked Oregon by 32 points; USC at South Bend over now 15th ranked Notre Dame by 3 points.

2 quality wins > 1 quality win

Marcus Bryant
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Yep. That loss by OSU at Penn State hurt Texas. But fortunately for them, Florida State lost.

Beyond that, last season USC dominated a OU team that shut out Texas. I think the after effects of that are still lingering...

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 03:35 PM
2 quality wins > 1 quality win

In your opinion....I am not discounting that but the people who vote may not agree..who knows.

IMO, ranking at the time is more important than ranking later.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
In your opinion....I am not discounting that but the people who vote may not agree..who knows.

IMO, ranking at the time is more important than ranking later.

Well, then USC gets its win over ASU back and has wins over a #24 team (by a score similar to the score in the UT-Colorado game), a #14 team, and a #9 team (by a score similar to the score in the UT-OSU game) -- with all of those wins coming on the road.

You can't have it both ways -- you can't say that OSU is a great win for UT, while all of USC's opponents have been overrated and their wins unimpressive.

Marcus Bryant
10-17-2005, 03:56 PM
At the end of the day, Texas has to win the rest of their games to prove they are #1.

Seeing as how USC is undefeated and trounced the OU team last season that shut out Texas, I think the rankings are fair.

I mean, you have a Va Tech team that could very well be the #2 team in the nation right now but could go undefeated and be shut out of the title game. I think Texas fans need to count their blessings and hope that they win out so they have their shot at USC come early Jan.

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 04:05 PM
You can't have it both ways -- you can't say that OSU is a great win for UT, while all of USC's opponents have been overrated and their wins unimpressive.

I never did. I just posted numbers.

Well, then USC gets its win over ASU back and has wins over a #24 team (by a score similar to the score in the UT-Colorado game), a #14 team, and a #9 team (by a score similar to the score in the UT-OSU game) -- with all of those wins coming on the road.

Who took it away? I think, again my opinion, any win over a ranked team is good.

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 04:06 PM
At the end of the day, Texas has to win the rest of their games to prove they are #1.

Seeing as how USC is undefeated and trounced the OU team last season that shut out Texas, I think the rankings are fair.

I mean, you have a Va Tech team that could very well be the #2 team in the nation right now but could go undefeated and be shut out of the title game. I think Texas fans need to count their blessings and hope that they win out so they have their shot at USC come early Jan

I agree. Right now, SC and UT are 1 and 2, if they both win out....they should play for the title.

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 06:17 PM
I agree. Right now, SC and UT are 1 and 2, if they both win out....they should play for the title.

I still think that if SC, UT, and VT all win out, the Trojans will meet the Hokies in Pasadena.

And mikey, I wasn't talking about you specifically -- I was talking more in the Hubie Brown sense of "you." Sorry for the confusion.

hussker
10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Also, keep in mind that Texas will play a ranked team (by that time) in the Big XII Championship, whether that team is CU/NU/Mizzou. They will in the lower echelon, but still ranked.

hussker
10-17-2005, 06:48 PM
VT still has Miami and, potentially, FSU, right?

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Also, keep in mind that Texas will play a ranked team (by that time) in the Big XII Championship, whether that team is CU/NU/Mizzou. They will in the lower echelon, but still ranked.

I'd be surprised if the North champion is ranked, unless either CU or NU rips through the other North teams and suffers little damage in playing whoever they have left from the South.

hussker
10-17-2005, 07:10 PM
I'd be surprised if the North champion is ranked, unless either CU or NU rips through the other North teams and suffers little damage in playing whoever they have left from the South.

They will be BCS ranked. Only possibility they won't is if it is Mizzou due to scheduling. I really think we will see an interesting "day after T'Giving" this year. I honestly think we will see the tu/aTm game decide the south and the NU/CU game decide the North. Would have been a better bet if the TTU/NU game had ended :13 earlier...

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 08:02 PM
They will be BCS ranked. Only possibility they won't is if it is Mizzou due to scheduling. I really think we will see an interesting "day after T'Giving" this year. I honestly think we will see the tu/aTm game decide the south and the NU/CU game decide the North. Would have been a better bet if the TTU/NU game had ended :13 earlier...

I disagree -- I think the South gets decided (more or less) this weekend with UT/TTU. The Aggies have to go to Lubbock this year, and they haven't been able to stop teams that occasionally pass the football. While I can see the North being decided after Thanksgiving, but only because both teams (for the most part) only have games left against the North, other than their game with each other.

scott
10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
texas tech would be the 2nd best team in the pac 10

So would Texas.

Duff McCartney
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Hard to put a discussion like this in a forum like this. Tons of people here are UT homers and can't see past their brown noses.

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 10:25 PM
At least they have the guts to pick a team and stick with them.

mookie2001
10-17-2005, 10:25 PM
hyeah
imagine liking a team thats currently unbeaten and ranked 2 in the nation

Duff McCartney
10-17-2005, 10:26 PM
At least they have the guts to pick a team and stick with them.

You think I don't pick a team because I don't have guts? I just flat out don't care about college ball...only thing I care about is the Longhorns, A&M, Tech, and whoever else is in Texas losing.

It's not cause I don't have guts. And you're a freaking idiot to say that.

scott
10-17-2005, 10:29 PM
You think I don't pick a team because I don't have guts? I just flat out don't care about college ball...only thing I care about is the Longhorns, A&M, Tech, and whoever else is in Texas losing.

It's not cause I don't have guts.

It's because you are a moron?

Duff McCartney
10-17-2005, 10:33 PM
It's because you are a moron?

Why would that make me a moron?

FromWayDowntown
10-17-2005, 10:45 PM
So would Texas.

:lol

mookie2001
10-17-2005, 10:51 PM
and any other team in the country?

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 11:00 PM

It's not cause I don't have guts. And you're a freaking idiot to say that.

Yeah...you are a coward. You gravy train on other teams wins and you just pick a handful of teams so that way you don't have to face losing. You are a coward, a liar and a cheat.

Duff McCartney
10-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah...you are a coward. You gravy train on other teams wins and you just pick a handful of teams so that way you don't have to face losing. You are a coward, a liar and a cheat.

A handful of teams? Yeah right....like who? I don't really care if USC loses. Or if Oklahoma loses. Seriously, I'm sorry I don't give as much of a shit as you do about UT. Or about any other team in college football.

Or baseball for that matter..but I have a team for baseball.

College is the only place I don't have a team, and it's because I really don't care, not because I'm scared of losing. If I was scared of losing. I'd have bailed on the Spurs in 96-97. I wouldn't even be here would I?

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't really care if USC loses. Or if Oklahoma loses.
see, now I know you are lying...you have admitted that you like OU and Nebraska.

Mr Dio
10-17-2005, 11:17 PM

Fuckin' harsh but true.
At the very least, SACK UP & pick a team.

Mr Dio
10-17-2005, 11:17 PM
see, now I know you are lying...you have admitted that you like OU and Nebraska.

Witness, I've read some ou cock sucking before.

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Duff you were all over OU the last few years when they were going to national title games, now that they are 3-3 you are nowhere to be found. UT loses you are there, they win, you disappear like...well, a coward. A&M loses to UT you dog the Aggies, they win, you are gone. You also claim to be a Nebraska fan.....if they would have beaten Tech you would have been all over their jock...instead, you say nothing. Guys like AHF, SWC Bonfire, Scott, Hussker, Dio and myself..we root for different teams but at least if our team loses we have the nad to show up. OU got worked by UT..Scott manned up and posted. Ags lost to Baylor last year, AHF was here, they lose to Clemson and get popped by CU, SWC is still here....NU loses to Tech and Hussker doesn't hide. If UT loses this season, you will see me and Dio and others still here.

Mr Dio
10-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Amen. Now let's eat!

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 11:55 PM
:lmao yes, lets!