PDA

View Full Version : This team is ready to contend

ElNono
10-18-2017, 10:56 PM
For worst fan base in the league, tbh... home opener, 3/4 of the seats empty at halftime, then half the seats empty towards the end when it still was a game... wtf

Hopefully the Seattle Spurs have a better fan base, imo

apalisoc_9
10-18-2017, 10:57 PM
For worst fan base in the league, tbh... home opener, 3/4 of the seats empty at halftime, then half the seats empty towards the end when it still was a game... wtf

:lol

TheRemix
10-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Its those trump supporters boycotting the game

NASpurs
10-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Vegas might as well take the NBA team along with the WNBA team. Combo package.

KDKSpurs24
10-18-2017, 11:01 PM

Honestly though, some fans could be missing because of the Trump thing.. real possibility.

BatManu20
10-18-2017, 11:02 PM
For serious. It's embarrassing how shitty our fans are tbh. Or just how late they show up and how early they leave. Same story every year.

noles1983
10-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Honestly though, some fans could be missing because of the Trump thing.. real possibility.

At least it raises the collective IQ in the stadium.

bic50
10-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Maybe. But this was happening last season also.

Robz4000
10-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Agreed, pretty sickening.

KDKSpurs24
10-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Maybe. But this was happening last season also.
True.

BatManu20
10-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Problems is most of the true fans that would show up early and stay the whole game can't afford the close seats.

Ice009
10-18-2017, 11:08 PM
I fucking hate quite a lot of those ungrateful and unappreciative San Antonio fans. They really should this about moving the team as you fuckers that keep leaving your seats don't deserve an NBA team like the Spurs. I wouldn't even give you a bottom of the ladder team, you don't even deserve that.

Fucking pathetic.

Chomag
10-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Richie's don't care they are only there to socialize

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Vegas is going to be Silver & Black with the Raiders and Spurs coming to town.

San Antonio beluga whales will always bleed orange for Whataburger

apalisoc_9
10-18-2017, 11:14 PM
I started doing this two years ago and apparently it was shtick but now every is catching up I guess...

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/beli.png

8FOR!3
10-18-2017, 11:19 PM
A lot of good loyal Spurs fans probably can't afford to go to the games unfortunately. They're not cheap to attend and with today's technology watching it at home isn't exactly settling.

Barfunk
10-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Is it really that bad? Every game I have been to has always been jam packed.

Cry Havoc
10-18-2017, 11:31 PM
Wish I lived in SA at times, I'd be at half the fucking games we play at home.

Speaking of which, why the fuck are you guys commenting in game threads when you could grab tickets and go to the game? :lol

dabom
10-18-2017, 11:32 PM

Speaking of which, why the fuck are you guys commenting in game threads when you could grab tickets and go to the game? :lol

They ain't from SA.

ElNono
10-18-2017, 11:42 PM
I started doing this two years ago and apparently it was shtick but now every is catching up I guess...

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/beli.png

This is true, tbh

ElNono
10-18-2017, 11:43 PM

Same here, tbh... actually kinda sad the Spurs have better rep outside of the AT&T Center...

apalisoc_9
10-18-2017, 11:46 PM
Same here, tbh... actually kinda sad the Spurs have better rep outside of the AT&T Center...

The spurs have one of the five best road fans in the NBA, tbh. They're pretty popular in Toronto, MIL, MIN, Charlotte etc.

Ice009
10-18-2017, 11:52 PM
I'm not in the US, let alone San Antonio.

lefty20
10-18-2017, 11:54 PM
The spurs have one of the five best road fans in the NBA, tbh. They're pretty popular in Toronto, MIL, MIN, Charlotte etc.

Throw Chicago and Indianapolis on the list as well. I'm sure that Spurs fans actually outnumbered the Pacer fans for the two games I've seen there. While that's basically impossible to do in Chicago, we still had a solid support there.

apalisoc_9
10-18-2017, 11:56 PM
Throw Chicago and Indianapolis on the list as well. I'm sure that Spurs fans actually outnumbered the Pacer fans for the two games I've seen there. While that's basically impossible to do in Chicago, we still had a solid support there.

yeah...There's a few other cities.

It's a popular team outside of SA.

The home crowed at AT@T is probably one of the worst though,.

baseline bum
10-18-2017, 11:58 PM
At least it raises the collective IQ in the stadium.

But it kills the snack vendors who depend on all those obese fuckers.

10-19-2017, 12:42 AM
pretty popular in Detroit as well tbh

Spursmania
10-19-2017, 12:55 AM
I was at the game and the game was packed from the start. At halftime the fans left for beer and tacos and took their time getting back. Can't really fault them for wanting their beer and tacos during halftime.

apalisoc_9
10-19-2017, 12:58 AM
I was at the game and the game was packed from the start. At halftime the fans left for beer and tacos and took their time getting back. Can't really fault them for wanting their beer and tacos during halftime.

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/rudy2.png

99 Problems
10-19-2017, 02:28 AM
:lobt2:

DeRozan m8
10-19-2017, 03:23 AM
Is it really that bad? Every game I have been to has always been jam packed.

No not isn't bad.

Op crying because fans are lining up for tacos at half time and want to beat the traffic when the game is over.

Dudes life must be pretty miserable tbh

Chomag
10-19-2017, 04:24 AM
If they offered free tacos at the end of the game we would have a full house for sure.

Chris
10-19-2017, 04:25 AM

Yep. Pop just had to open his big yapper and polarize an entire fan base.

buttsR4rebounding
10-19-2017, 06:12 AM

As a season ticket holder with a smart phone I can do both.

buttsR4rebounding
10-19-2017, 06:15 AM
If they offered free tacos at the end of the game we would have a full house for sure.

There were. A fan made 4 FT in 24 seconds so everyone in the arena got a Chick-fil-a breakfast taco coupon at the end

buttsR4rebounding
10-19-2017, 06:18 AM

They also had some written statement on the jumbotron about equal rights. I thought one of the Spurs knelt for the anthem, but it turned out to be Mills standing between LMA and Bertans.

couchman
10-19-2017, 07:23 AM
The expensive sets are mostly empty every game and it has been that way for years now. I hate it. I wish they would let regular fans fill up courtside when the 1%ers don't show up.

AFMadison
10-19-2017, 07:27 AM
A lot of Hispanics (probably illegals) within the fan base >>>> Trump has started building the wall. Pretty simple explanation tbh.

Seventyniner
10-19-2017, 07:29 AM

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!

pgardn
10-19-2017, 07:31 AM
The expensive sets are mostly empty every game and it has been that way for years now. I hate it. I wish they would let regular fans fill up courtside when the 1%ers don't show up.

^ This

And...

SA has always been a football Dallas Cowboy town first. UT, ATM... Really gotta wait till Football winds down before interest peaks. It's Fn October... Sports saturation is rough business.

NameLess Scrub
10-19-2017, 07:49 AM

:lol

bklynspursfan
10-19-2017, 08:51 AM

Which kinda confirms this tweet...After half time was really when I noticed it a bit empty, but makes sense based off what you said
(https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/920833816918446080)

(https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/920833816918446080)

ECOV
10-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Problems is most of the true fans that would show up early and stay the whole game can't afford the close seats.
for me this is true ,sadly .

NameLess Scrub
10-19-2017, 10:15 AM
It's just Minny, with 3 starts getting used to each other, and one of them is ball dominant.

hater
10-19-2017, 10:45 AM
To contend with a playoff spot? Sure

hater
10-19-2017, 10:47 AM

Welcome to the USA

Money talks and average joes shine shoes

TDomination
10-19-2017, 11:19 AM
It shows that the attendance was 18,400. So about 100 tickets away from a sellout

jsandiego
10-19-2017, 07:41 PM
I took my boy to a game last year when we were in town. At halftime I stopped to buy him cotton candy at the booth right outside our section entrance in the lower bowl. Took the vendor 20 MINUTES to get 4 people through the line. I missed the first 4 or 5 minutes of the 3rd Q.

I think it’s an efficiency problem with their food lines, not a fan problem with caring. They really need to improve the speed of their concession lines.

BD24
10-19-2017, 09:59 PM
I was there as well, bro your not gonna convince these dumb asses. I am sure that we have been to more Spurs game at AT&T than all of these faggots, but they watched the game on TV, so they know better :rolleyes

DAF86
10-19-2017, 10:51 PM
It's really an awful look. Shit didn't use to be like that. What happened?

Kool Bob Love
10-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Duncan era is over. No one wants to see a cuck coach the team.

DMC
10-19-2017, 11:09 PM
Kawhi and Tony can't be bothered to show up, why should anyone else?

phxspurfan
10-19-2017, 11:45 PM
I was there as well, bro your not gonna convince these dumb asses. I am sure that we have been to more Spurs game at AT&T than all of these faggots, but they watched the game on TV, so they know better :rolleyes

I was also there and it was packed all game. The top row was all full. It was a good game that went down to the last minute against a good Minny team.

That being said the Trump supporters booed the diversity message played on the screens after the national anthem, even though nobody knelt and everyone was super respectful. But what do you expect from Texas, theres still a ton of racism probably one of the most racist places in the country still and forever

spurs10
10-19-2017, 11:49 PM

Before the national anthem, Tim and David joined arms with Pop and the entire team in a show of solidarity while a message in support of freedom of speech, support of diversity in our communities, and in support of our military was shown on the the overhead Jumbotron screens. The sold-out house went crazy. Anyone saying anything any different wasn't there. I especially liked the "Pop For President" t-shirts a lot of families were wearing. If anyone doubts this I suggest you get on your phone and try to buy season tickets. For $100 you can be added on a waiting list.
:flag:

spurs10
10-19-2017, 11:57 PM
I was also there and it was packed all game. The top row was all full. It was a good game that went down to the last minute against a good Minny team.

That being said the Trump supporters booed the diversity message played on the screens after the national anthem, even though nobody knelt and everyone was super respectful. But what do you expect from Texas, theres still a ton of racism probably one of the most racist places in the country still and forever
Agree on the comments about racism in Texas, but I didn't hear any booing at the message supporting diversity. In a sold-out house of 20,000 people there might have been, but they would be in a minority. Pop made himself extremely clear and and the team, Tim, David, and seemingly everyone near me were with him. I sit near the bench and it was as loud as I've heard the crowd in cheers.

phxspurfan
10-20-2017, 12:00 AM
Agree on the comments about racism in Texas, but I didn't hear any booing at the message supporting diversity. In a sold-out house of 20,000 people there might have been, but they would be in a minority. Pop made himself extremely clear and and the team, Tim, David, and seemingly everyone near me were with him. I sit near the bench and it was as loud as I've heard the crowd in cheers.

Super box 2. Lots of booing all around me as the first part of the message played on the screens. But at the end of the message they got drowned out by the thunderous whole stadium cheering.

Joseph Kony
10-20-2017, 12:15 AM
I always find it kinda funny when posters who dont live in or have never been to SA say they would go to games all the time if they lived here. like if you had to drive to the ghetto east side and go through the horrendous traffic and have to wait an hour to get out of the parking lot you wouldnt want to all the time tbh

spurs10
10-20-2017, 01:38 AM
Super box 2. Lots of booing all around me as the first part of the message played on the screens. But at the end of the message they got drowned out by the thunderous whole stadium cheering. Right on! Nice seats too! Yeah that message was on point and hard to argue with. :toast

Xevious
10-20-2017, 03:45 AM
I always find it kinda funny when posters who dont live in or have never been to SA say they would go to games all the time if they lived here. like if you had to drive to the ghetto east side and go through the horrendous traffic and have to wait an hour to get out of the parking lot you wouldnt want to all the time tbh
Was about to say. I really can't compare the AT&T to other stadiums... but it is in a horrid location with no easy access in or out. The traffic alone is enough to keep me away. And it isn't like there is any form of public transit here. That said, I still try to make it to one or two games a season.

Ice009
10-20-2017, 08:30 AM

Actually, you DO NEED to tell us this stuff because some of us aren't in the country to know any of that shit.

gospursgojas
10-20-2017, 10:58 AM
Yawn. People been complaining about the perceived attendance for years. Just because no one is in seat doesn't meant ticket wasn't sold. A lot of the lower bowl are season tickets that have been sold out for years. Rich people don't go to all the games. Or they make an appearance and leave.

Also, I've yet to meet a real Spurs fan that are making any changes due to Pop's comments about Trump. Most people you hear about or that are very vocal on social media are actually Trump fans that kinda knew about there being a basketball team in San Antonio but never really supported Spurs (I.e attended or even watched games, bought merch, etc) anyway.

PopTheGOAT
10-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Another cancer thread

Keepin' it real
10-20-2017, 01:01 PM

Nobody wants to see riff raff on TV, and people with successful careers who pay top dollar for great seats don't wanna sit next to people with minimum wage jobs. Empty seats are much more preferable.

cd021
10-20-2017, 01:36 PM

Can't be very many of those left tbh. :lol

Dingle Barry
10-20-2017, 06:07 PM
I still can't believe they built it in the goddamn hood. With the exception of Alamo Heights, the moneyed class lives 30 minutes+ from the arena.

Scary to think what it'll look like when the real lean years come.

CosmicCowboy
10-20-2017, 07:06 PM
You can blame that on the design of the ATT. Lower seats have corporate hospitality suites behind them with food, wet bars, and giant flat screens. Seats are empty but the people are there. Plus lower level has saddles and spurs bar with flat screens all over.

ElNono
10-20-2017, 10:35 PM
Actually, you DO NEED to tell us this stuff because some of us aren't in the country to know any of that shit.

I've been to plenty of games at the AT&T Center and other arenas, tbh... This thing with the AT&T Center hasn't been going on for that long, but it's really noticeable these days... And yeah, people might be stuck on the Whataburger line, but that says more about the fans than anything, tbh...

The beat the traffic thing is pretty common everywhere, but on close games it's not that ridiculous, IMO.

Spurtacular
10-20-2017, 10:37 PM
You can blame that on the design of the ATT. Lower seats have corporate hospitality suites behind them with food, wet bars, and giant flat screens. Seats are empty but the people are there. Plus lower level has saddles and spurs bar with flat screens all over.

Something player fans would never know.
apalisoc_9

Ice009
10-20-2017, 11:44 PM
I've been to plenty of games at the AT&T Center and other arenas, tbh... This thing with the AT&T Center hasn't been going on for that long, but it's really noticeable these days... And yeah, people might be stuck on the Whataburger line, but that says more about the fans than anything, tbh...

The beat the traffic thing is pretty common everywhere, but on close games it's not that ridiculous, IMO.

Thanks for that ElNono.

That was also a point of mine that I raised before - You don't need to be eating during a Spurs game. You can eat before or after. If you can't wait that long, then I don't know what to say. I wouldn't be leaving my seat (if I had a good one like those empty ones) in the middle of the game unless I really needed to go to the toilet.

And yeah, I don't buy the leaving early thing either. People have jobs in other cities too that some may have to get up earlier for the next day, and they don't seem to leave early in close games. I can understand leaving early if the score is out of hand and you have to get up early the next day for work, but I don't see the point of doing it in a close game where the game is not decided. If you're going to do that, then why did you even bother to go to the game in the first place?

I still think a lot of Spurs fans in San Antonio aren't appreciating what they have and are pissing it away.

Phenomanul
10-21-2017, 04:37 AM
Thanks for that ElNono.

That was also a point of mine that I raised before - You don't need to be eating during a Spurs game. You can eat before or after. If you can't wait that long, then I don't know what to say. I wouldn't be leaving my seat (if I had a good one like those empty ones) in the middle of the game unless I really needed to go to the toilet.

And yeah, I don't buy the leaving early thing either. People have jobs in other cities too that some may have to get up earlier for the next day, and they don't seem to leave early in close games. I can understand leaving early if the score is out of hand and you have to get up early the next day for work, but I don't see the point of doing it in a close game where the game is not decided. If you're going to do that, then why did you even bother to go to the game in the first place?

I still think a lot of Spurs fans in San Antonio aren't appreciating what they have and are pissing it away.

+1,000,000

AFMadison
10-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Doesn’t bother me at all what Pop says tbh and I’m a Trump supporter.

BillMc
10-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Thanks for that ElNono.

Absolutely true.

And as far as not appreciating what they have, that applies to much of ST too. Best organisation in sports, yet so many so on here unhappy

wildbill2u
10-21-2017, 06:29 PM
I watch all the hateful posts on this site from "fans" who can't find it within their tiny brains to realize that the Spurs are a team first group every year and we need to show them some love, not all this over the top bitching and moaning against individual Spurs, coaches, FO. and owners. :flag:

LittleCriminal
10-21-2017, 06:45 PM
I watch all the hateful posts on this site from "fans" who can't find it within their tiny brains to realize that the Spurs are a team first group every year and we need to show them some love, not all this over the top bitching and moaning against individual Spurs, coaches, FO. and owners. :flag:

https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/054977ca86c524298c0e6d890e2ae87037d2f9-wide-thumbnail.jpg?v=0

beirmeistr
10-21-2017, 07:00 PM

right on

florige
10-22-2017, 10:10 AM
A lot of good loyal Spurs fans probably can't afford to go to the games unfortunately. They're not cheap to attend and with today's technology watching it at home isn't exactly settling.

Pretty much this. Me and my brother used to go to every Ravens home game faithfully. After a few seasons of the hassle of going to and from the games it just got old. You can easily spend two or three hours just commuting to and from. Just not my thing anymore. Probably would maybe attend a Super Bowl one year. But that would be just one of those things to say I did it once.

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 10:49 AM
I complain my share but some guys all they do is bitch. Their brains are wired in such fashion that rather than celebrate wins and good play they only focus on the player who had a bad game etc. It’s tiring. The ignore button is my friend for such trolls

illusioNtEk
10-22-2017, 10:58 AM
wtf u guys talking about, i was there and was packed

BD24
10-22-2017, 06:31 PM

Someone has never been to the real south, go to Alabama, Mississippi, or Georgia if you really want to see what racism looks like.

DeadlyDynasty
10-22-2017, 07:21 PM
Hispanics live on manana time...they are the least punctual people on the planet. Take it from someone who's lived among Cubans for most of his life, and Cubans are even more refined than Mexicans

tonight...you
10-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Hispanics live on manana time...they are the least punctual people on the planet. Take it from someone who's lived among Cubans for most of his life, and Cubans are even more refined than Mexicans
Mmm... my wife must be the exception, not the rule then. I feel like lazy scum, next to her and her incessant go-getter-ness. And then she has to exercise circles around me... and then be a pro salsa dancer... and then be more educated...
If I wasn't lucky enough to have a low effort, high paying job- I'd feel kind of bad.

ohmwrecker
10-23-2017, 10:08 PM

Mexicans don’t like Trump.

phxspurfan
10-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Was at the Raps game last night. This time looked for signs of all this. The upper bowl was pretty full again. The lower bowl arrived late (not surprising considering the traffic and early ish start) but on the Spurs bench side it filled up around mid first quarter. On my side (section 121) there were a bunch of open seats all game. And people moving seats a lot. Also with the game still being decided with about 4-5min to go a lot of the lower bowl was already gone. Maybe they were at the bar, maybe they were just beating traffic but I get some of the point of the bad fan argument now. People in my section were giving the evil eye at fans cheering Go Spurs Go even. Like OMG they’re so obnoxious lol

phxspurfan
11-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Was at GSW game last night in the Bay Area (Dubs vs Sixers -- friend came into town and had to take him to something). It was night and day compared to the ATT, sadly. Stadium was jam-packed and loud AF on every play. The security guards were asking for our complimentary posters bc they wanted to take them to their kids lol. Also the Dubs stadium is also in the ghetto but that apparently doesn't stop people from coming out to games here.

Also the Dubs apparently have their fair share of international casual fans now. The people sitting in front-right of us flew in from China and the ones on the right flew in from Australia. Kinda reminds me of the international Spurs days

RD2191
11-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Was at GSW game last night in the Bay Area (Dubs vs Sixers -- friend came into town and had to take him to something). It was night and day compared to the ATT, sadly. Stadium was jam-packed and loud AF on every play. The security guards were asking for our complimentary posters bc they wanted to take them to their kids lol. Also the Dubs stadium is also in the ghetto but that apparently doesn't stop people from coming out to games here.

Also the Dubs apparently have their fair share of international casual fans now. The people sitting in front-right of us flew in from China and the ones on the right flew in from Australia. Kinda reminds me of the international Spurs days

Most of those fans are bandwagon fans. Spurs have legit international fans. Also fuck the dubs.