PDA

View Full Version : Quick Game Grades Wolves @ Spurs

apalisoc_9
10-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Rudy Gay A

- Gay was serviceable on D but more importantly we saw signs of him excelling at the 4 position. He was known as a lazy, unmotivated defender in his previous team but tonight the defense was nice. Offensively, he's got a good read of how to use this teamates and his he rarely looked out of position as a stretch 4. Encouraging.

D. Murray A

- He was controlled offensivenly. He knew when to attack and when to allow the team to run set plays. As always showing elite rebounding ability for a guard. Passable defense.

Danny Green B+

- The guy is 30 so its safe to assume he's never really going to learn how to dribble the basketball and sadly everynow and then he's going to attempt a cringe worthy drive. He made his shots though and played D and that's all you could ask for. Good game from Danny.

Kyle Anderon B+

- Wonderful game from Fathead tonight. Shot with confidence and is easily the second best rebounder in the team ability wise. Was confident with his shot and more importantly good defense in certain lineups.

Lamarcus Aldridge B-

- Shot 40% tonight, but he showed aggressivness in the right moments. Very obviously excells at the 5 position, but he struggled in the second half. Way too many clanks and inability to post up young players.

Manu Ginobili B-

- I wonder how long this kind of perfomrance from would last...He seem to play good the first half of the season and the fatigue sets in and starts playing terrible basketball. Competitive as always, was the general of the floor in many occasions..for a 40 year old that is pretty darn impressive

J. Lauver C

- Really struggled in some defensive possessions and was unable to really affect game offensively. He's good energy off the bench though and at most we could expect him to play energy minutes when one of the bigs is sucking it up.\

Patty Mills D+

- http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/scust.png

Davis Bertains inc

- Only played four minutes...And we thought he was gonna get more minutes

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/jbhmmm.png

RD2191
10-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Dat mills grade though :lol

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Patty Mills D+

- http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/scust.png

:lmao

Mr. Body
10-18-2017, 11:17 PM
Gay knows how to get buckets. That's going to be nice for a team without many one-on-one guys. I think his pick up is big.

DAF86
10-18-2017, 11:19 PM
Shit not looking good for Bertans if he can't get minutes now that Kawhi is out.

NASpurs
10-18-2017, 11:21 PM
Patty's contract is going to be even more glaring once Manu retires and stops bailing him out. There's a reason why they're always being subbed in and out in tandem. :lol

Mr. Body
10-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Shit not looking good for Bertans if he can't get minutes now that Kawhi is out.

Why did people think he'd get minutes?

dabom
10-18-2017, 11:24 PM
Patty's contract is going to be even more glaring once Manu retires and stops bailing him out. There's a reason why they're always being subbed in and out in tandem. :lol

Kinda like Patty is covering up for Manu. :lol

Same thing with porker and kawhi a few years ago. :lol

apalisoc_9
10-18-2017, 11:24 PM
I should add, the Spurs played against a team without an identity.

The wolves was awful but was still in the game late fourth.

DAF86
10-18-2017, 11:27 PM

Because he's the prototypical player of what the NBA is heading to: a 6'10" deadeye three point shooter with a quick release that can put the ball on the floor and pass a bit too.

KDKSpurs24
I should add, the Spurs played against a team without an identity.

The wolves was awful but was still in the game late fourth.
No Kawhi.. be grateful this team can even win against young athletic teams regardless. This is a big positive.

Nathan89
Someone on here told me gay couldn't pass because his assist/to ratio. Certainly looked like a capable passer to me tbh imho

Nathan89
10-18-2017, 11:30 PM
My only gripe comes from Mills and Pau. Of course that's influenced by their recent contracts.

diego
10-18-2017, 11:31 PM
bertans has to rebound if he wants minutes, otherwise kyle should get them.

SAGirl
10-18-2017, 11:33 PM
Thanks for doing the grades Apalisoc.
Much appreciated.
:bobo

Davis lack of rebounding is a problem for him for sure. The two he got came from rebounds he got off the floor. he wasn't blocking out properly and grabbing boards. I believe that was the main reason he didn't play again.

Trill Clinton
10-18-2017, 11:34 PM
Pop:A+

Cry Havoc
10-18-2017, 11:36 PM
Danny gets a D+ or C- from me. Some really stupid decision making.

SAGirl
10-18-2017, 11:38 PM
Dat mills grade though :lol
Mills definitely didn't have a good game.

apalisoc_9
10-18-2017, 11:39 PM

He's danny green who for some reason still thinks he can dribble..

I don't understand how a 3 and D player who does his job well enough get a D grade though..That doesnt make sense.

SAGirl
10-18-2017, 11:41 PM
I think some just simply hate Anderson.
Personally, I thought his shooting can blow a game open, but he frankly hasn't been shooting well all preseason, and that makes his deficiencies glaring.

SpurPadre
10-18-2017, 11:41 PM
Pop:A+

I don't think so. His decision not to let Murray finish the game was quizzical to say the least.

Cry Havoc
10-18-2017, 11:51 PM
He's danny green who for some reason still thinks he can dribble..

I don't understand how a 3 and D player who does his job well enough get a D grade though..That doesnt make sense.

Repeated terrible 3 point shots for one. OTOH he shot 3-7 from downtown so it's whatever.

buttsR4rebounding
10-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Repeated terrible 3 point shots for one. OTOH he shot 3-7 from downtown so it's whatever.

Danny Green looked great tonight. He has obviously worked on his ballhandling. He held Butler to 12 points and 0 ft. He set the defensive tone throughout the game.

Mr. Body
10-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Because he's the prototypical player of what the NBA is heading to: a 6'10" deadeye three point shooter with a quick release that can put the ball on the floor and pass a bit too.

Yeah, but he's shitty.

BillMc
10-19-2017, 12:12 AM
My only gripe comes from Mills and Pau. Of course that's influenced by their recent contracts.

Mills had a lousy game. Pau lead the team in blocks and assists. Missed some open 3s though.

BackHome
10-19-2017, 12:16 AM
It was a good win against a good team

MultiTroll
10-19-2017, 12:25 AM
grades
Are you going to grade Gasoft?

MultiTroll
10-19-2017, 12:27 AM
His BBIQ is pretty low.
You'd hope he would break some tape and learn but he looks like he has not improved decision making in 4 years.
His shooting stats tonight meh he hit a few in garbage time to make the final percentage look okay.
Sucked ass when they choked off the 13 point lead.

spurs10
10-19-2017, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the grades. I'd give LMA an A and Murray a B+. LMA was aggressive, score the most, had the most boards, and matched Pau on assists. Murray turned the ball over a lot, but considering he is just getting going I liked his spark. Patty didn't shoot well at 25% but I still give him a C for not shooting much. Fun game! Rudy Gay is the real deal!
:flag:

BillMc
10-19-2017, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the grades. I'd give LMA an A and Murray a B+. LMA was aggressive, score the most, had the most boards, and matched Pau on assists. Murray turned the ball over a lot, but considering he is just getting going I liked his spark. Patty didn't shoot well at 25% but I still give him a C for not shooting much. Fun game! Rudy Gay is the real deal!
:flag:

Cool:toast Weren't you in attendance tonight?

YGWHI
10-19-2017, 12:57 AM
Lamarcus Aldridge B-

- Shot 40% tonight, but he showed aggressivness in the right moments. Very obviously excells at the 5 position, but he struggled in the second half. Way too many clanks and inability to post up young players.

He worked hard defensively esp on KAT. That was great.

Then the part about LMA being unable to score a single point in the 4th quarter was the worst.

If Manu didn't run that P&R it's likely LMA wouldn't have scored any point in the quarter unless his last stat-padding shot.

Shit...do not like what LMA said at all. How will Kawhi coexist with him now?

THEY WON'T.

It's clear that the only way to keep happy LMA is making him the #1 inefficient option -while we have to pray that someone else wins the game for us in the 2nd half/4th quarters.-

He wants to be the face of the franchise badly but it also means LMA expects that a MVP candidate in the last two seasons, takes a back seat.

People tend to minimize Kawhi's desire to get better, to be the best player he can be...When Kawhi returns, LMA coming back to reality will be hard.

After LMA's words I can see a lot of chemistry issues in the future.

Good grief. Sick of all this Aldridge talk. We get it. It’s his team now.

I've never doubted that Kawhi wouldl be a Spur for life...Until I heard LMA tonight.

There is no place on this team for Kawhi with that guy asking for more and more touches.

apalisoc_9
10-19-2017, 01:00 AM
He worked hard defensively esp on KAT. That was great.

Then the part about LMA being unable to score a single point in the 4th quarter was the worst.

If Manu didn't run that P&R it's likely LMA wouldn't have scored any point in the quarter unless his last stat-padding shot.

THEY WON'T.

It's clear that the only way to keep happy LMA is making him the #1 inefficient option -while we have to pray that someone else wins the game for us in the 2nd half/4th quarters.-

He wants to be the face of the franchise badly but it also means LMA expects that a MVP candidate in the last two seasons, takes a back seat.

People tend to minimize Kawhi's desire to get better, to be the best player he can be...When Kawhi returns, LMA coming back to reality would be hard.

After LMA's words I can see a lot of chemistry issues in the future.

I've never doubted that Kawhi will be a Spur for life...Until I heard LMA tonight.

There is no place on this team for Kawhi with that guy asking for more and more touches.

What a cancer...

Give me the interview brah

YGWHI
10-19-2017, 01:07 AM
What a cancer...

I'll try to find it and post.

Thanks for the grades! :toast

I'm so glad to see Rudy playing well. I thought it would be hard for him to recover but he's doing a fantastic job. He gives the team a lot of versatility

Spursmania
10-19-2017, 01:07 AM
I agree with most of the grades but would give LA the A- and Murray the B+
Mills' grade :lol

apalisoc_9
10-19-2017, 01:08 AM
I'll try to find it and post.

Thanks for the grades! :toast

I'm so glad to see Rudy playing well. I thought it would be hard for him to recover but he's doing a fantastic job. He gives the team a lot of versatility

yeah rudy is amazing.

Doesn't look moody either.

We could use his aggrssivenes more tbh

SpurPadre
10-19-2017, 01:13 AM
yeah rudy is amazing.

Doesn't look moody either.

We could use his aggrssivenes more tbh

Why should he be moody? He should be grateful as fuck to be playing for a model, contending franchise for the first time after his bad injury.

apalisoc_9
10-19-2017, 01:15 AM
Why should he be moody? He should be grateful as fuck to be playing for a model, contending franchise for the first time after his bad injury.

Aldridge is an extremely moody dude..He's even asking to be the number one option after laying an egg in two straight years

:lol

Players have egos bro...Some are delusional like Aldridge, but Gay looks great..

Maybe he's just a better fit in general

SAGirl
10-19-2017, 01:17 AM
Gasol did a good job contesting shots at the rim. Maybe I was too harsh on him in the game thread. In the 4th Q he started missing shots and getting passive.

Nathan89
10-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Ka and gay showing why we never needed to pick no skill Bell tbh. He's in the only place he's of any use.

tbdog
10-19-2017, 02:35 AM
Gasol did a good job contesting shots at the rim. Maybe I was too harsh on him in the game thread. In the 4th Q he started missing shots and getting passive.

And that bad entry pass. He threads the needle on backdoor passes. I hope this year plays like leonard and Gay can finish more of them. But they seem to be going to Green and Mills who both struggle to finish at the rim.

vander
10-19-2017, 05:16 AM

yeah, I hope the Spurs somehow manage to trade Mills, but if not, he should be able to play alongside Murray right? Murray is long enough to guard SGs

cutewizard
10-19-2017, 05:32 AM
:bobo

Nathan89
10-19-2017, 05:36 AM
Kawhi is going to leave the spurs.:madrun

DeRozan m8
10-19-2017, 06:27 AM
We seemed to move the ball a lot better at times... reminiscent of 2014.

Or am I tripping?

And Gay seems to be that go to guy we needed at times....i liked him.

And something about Danny looked better.

I dunno...team just looked better than I expected at times tbh

Nathan89
10-19-2017, 07:00 AM
kaP5jul5iAA

Absolute stud. He's already playing exactly how you want him to if he was going to be efficient and effective. He's not dancing with the ball. Besides when he had a center on him which obviously going to encourage him to try to make something happen. Even then though he didn't settle for a long two. He used his dribble to get in and use his physicality. Other than that he used his dribble in an early offense/transition opportunity which great. Spurs were running him off ball to get the ball for a shot or deep post position. Absolutely love how he was utilized.

His passing should also be recognized. He pushed the ball quickly in transition and ran hard for the basket. He probed the paint off a curl pass from Pau and didn't force a shot but made a quick pass to the corner which led to more ball movement. Then you had him going under the basket off a post opportunity and he passed it to the corner for an open look. A Lebron like sequence.

Overall just a very versatile player that should add a lot to the offense. A strong and skilled player that makes the defense switching that much more difficult. Absolute steal for the spurs.

szkorhetz
10-19-2017, 07:05 AM
kaP5jul5iAA

Absolute stud. He's already playing exactly how you want him to if he was going to be efficient and effective. He's not dancing with the ball. Besides when he had a center on him which obviously going to encourage him to try to make something happen. Even then though he didn't settle for a long two. He used his dribble to get in and use his physicality. Other than that he used his dribble in an early offense/transition opportunity which great. Spurs were running him off ball to get the ball for a shot or deep post position. Absolutely love how he was utilized.

His passing should also be recognized. He pushed the ball quickly in transition and ran hard for the basket. He probed the paint off a curl pass from Pau and didn't force a shot but made a quick pass to the corner which led to more ball movement. Then you had him going under the basket off a post opportunity and he passed it to the corner for an open look. A Lebron like sequence.

Overall just a very versatile player that should add a lot to the offense. A strong and skilled player that makes the defense switching that much more difficult. Absolute steal for the spurs.
Agreed. If he won't get any better than tonight (he will), he is an amazing addition.

Nathan89
10-19-2017, 07:26 AM
Didn't realize Murray had a 7 ft wingspan. I was always looking at the old measurements on draftexpess. That's pretty sick.

Also he had a great game. Which was needed after he shit the bed all summer. Hopefully he keeps performing and showing improvement in the many flawed areas of his game. Regardless he gave me something to get excited for tonight.

skulls138
10-19-2017, 07:36 AM
LMA damn good on D. He never bites on a fake. Keep it up KA.

r0drig0lac
10-19-2017, 07:41 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif

BillMc
10-19-2017, 07:43 AM
LMA damn good on D. He never bites on a fake. Keep it up KA.

Yeah. Whatever complaints we may have over LMA's iso heavy offense, he's really become a good defener. And Kyle had one of his best games. Team is deep.

Brazil
10-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Rudy is a very very pleasant surprise tbh... he is fitting very well with the team, has good attitude and playing rock solid ball... very underrated move by Spurs FO

cd98
10-19-2017, 08:08 AM
I was at the game, man it went late.

Green did a great job on Butler.
Anderson did pretty good at SF and guarding Wiggins. I think most of Wiggins points came against other defenders.
Gay looked good offensively, but a little slow. But hey, being tall and long overcomes that.
Gasol was good in the paint, but looked lost in the 2nd half.
LMA was great until the last 3 minutes. He needs to step up in money time.
Manu at 40 was legit good. Amazing what he can do at that age.
Murray did great getting to the rim, but had a horrible turnover in the open court and forced it a time or two. His defense was good, but Pop didn’t trust him to finish the game.
Patty was mostly bad.

sananspursfan21
10-19-2017, 08:08 AM
Rudy is a very very pleasant surprise tbh... he is fitting very well with the team, has good attitude and playing rock solid ball... very underrated move by Spurs FO

I'm not the kind to rub it in anyone’s face, but I can think of a few on here that absolutely hated the move. I was indifferent at the time of signing but after preseason and last night, I’m quickly swaying in favor :hat

r0drig0lac
10-19-2017, 08:35 AM
I'm not the kind to rub it in anyone’s face, but I can think of a few on here that absolutely hated the move. I was indifferent at the time of signing but after preseason and last night, I’m quickly swaying in favor :hat

I called Rudy in the Spurs on the pre-season topic before the start of the FA, but the "experts" here said he does not fit, is inefficient, etc, etc. People underestimate the work of Pop

webshad
10-19-2017, 08:44 AM
:lmao

Exactly! I was like :lmao hahahaha

I remember one of you during last year's playoff called him a "towel waving muthafucka better start knocking down shot or else..." :lmao

SAGirl
10-19-2017, 08:44 AM
Initially I questioned Rudy's efficiency and the fact his former teams improved without him, which is a general narrative he's had for his career... but what I really was concerned about was his return from that achilles injury. However, he is very strong, tall and with wingspan length, so that even if he lost a half a step for example, he's still very good offensively. Also, he's a good shooter and is used to making plays offensively so he's been a very good addition.

On another note, I am sure Bertans will have better games, but he's looking like the 5th big right now. When Kawhi gets back, Rudy will play minutes at the 4 and the little time that I saw the bench lineup with Kyle in, they played well together with Manu, et al. That was a look I hadn't seen all preseason bc Bertans got all the bench minutes and Kyle was starting. Bertans needs to be better or I could see the Spurs picking up another big midseason if there are injuries. Something to watch out for.

BillMc
10-19-2017, 08:52 AM
I really wonder if not getting chris Paul was a blessing in disguise. In two years, do you want CP3 at 20+ million, or DJ on his minimum contract? Kawhi will still only be 28.

BillMc
10-19-2017, 08:58 AM
A writeup of the game:

Gasol looks great to start the season. He looks in shape after playing all summer for Spain.
Dejounte Murray is making the most of his opportunity, and he’s also becoming a leader by speaking up in player huddles.
Rudy Gay seems healthy. He seems like a guy who knows how to score the basketball.
Jeff Teague had a terrific block on Kyle Anderson when it looked like he had an easy breakaway dunk. That was a great hustle play.
LaMarcus Aldridge looked much more interested in playing basketball tonight than he looked at any point last season.
After playing great for the time he was in, Jeff Teague sat out the fourth quarter, for no apparent reason. There’s no understanding Coach Thibs.
Speaking of that, Thibs called a timeout with his team down by 10 with 10 seconds left, no doubt to perfect that 10 point play that they rolled out in preseason.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/10/18/16501864/minnesota-at-san-antonio-final-score-spurs-overpower-the-timberwolves-on-opening-day

Chinook
10-19-2017, 09:20 AM

He won his match-up with the Wolves' best player. Hard to ask for more.

I didn't see horrible shots. People bitched about that transition three, but Danny used to take those all the time in 2013-2015. They look bad when they miss, but they break the back of the opponents when they go in. In a game without Kawhi and Parker, Green took it upon himself to be more aggressive offensively. The results were mixed, but that's just to be expected for a guy who's trying to add new parts to his game and who relies on jumpshots.

rjv
10-19-2017, 09:33 AM
i give the B- on aldridge a C.

superbigtime
10-19-2017, 10:37 AM
Hey great job. Next time try to include all the starters. God this site sucks.

sasaint
10-19-2017, 11:07 AM
He won his match-up with the Wolves' best player. Hard to ask for more.

I didn't see horrible shots. People bitched about that transition three, but Danny used to take those all the time in 2013-2015. They look bad when they miss, but they break the back of the opponents when they go in. In a game without Kawhi and Parker, Green took it upon himself to be more aggressive offensively. The results were mixed, but that's just to be expected for a guy who's trying to add new parts to his game and who relies on jumpshots.

Thanks for setting the record straight. Danny set a record for 3-point shooting in the 2014 finals shooting those open 3-balls on one-man breaks. I called him (and Kyle) unsung heroes of the game last night. If they both play like that the rest of the season the Spurs could, indeed, be contenders.

peacemaker885
10-19-2017, 11:17 AM
DJ is the truth. Saying the right words, doing the right things.

TD 21
10-19-2017, 06:00 PM
- Don't mind Green shooting off the dribble and driving closeouts, so long as he avoids attempting to do more.

- Crawford was the comparison for Murray when he was drafted, but I see some Wall. He's not on his level as an athlete or play maker, but has better vision than initially credited for.

- Long way to go obviously, but if he plays well and team does too, it's going to get awkward when Parker returns.

- It goes mostly unnoticed because of lack of athleticism and traditional bigs, but Spurs might be longest team in league.

- Don't get Pop trying to play as big and with as little shooting as possible in the 1st half, even as Timberwolves went small. If that's the intention, why the unbalanced roster?

- Poor as the off season was as a whole, if Pop works the rotation properly, they get competent starting PG play and relative health, this could be best iteration since '14.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 06:01 PM

:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-19-2017, 06:56 PM

:lol I'm picking up what you're laying down.

cutewizard
10-19-2017, 07:41 PM
Rudy Gay is gonna be key for us

cutewizard
10-19-2017, 07:43 PM
- Don't mind Green shooting off the dribble and driving closeouts, so long as he avoids attempting to do more.

- Crawford was the comparison for Murray when he was drafted, but I see some Wall. He's not on his level as an athlete or play maker, but has better vision than initially credited for.

- Long way to go obviously, but if he plays well and team does too, it's going to get awkward when Parker returns.

- It goes mostly unnoticed because of lack of athleticism and traditional bigs, but Spurs might be longest team in league.

- Don't get Pop trying to play as big and with as little shooting as possible in the 1st half, even as Timberwolves went small. If that's the intention, why the unbalanced roster?

- Poor as the off season was as a whole, if Pop works the rotation properly, they get competent starting PG play and relative health, this could be best iteration since '14.

Totally agree

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 07:50 PM
Totally agree
Eff the micro-analysis.
You know this team doesn't even scout teams during the season.

It's about growth and finding rotation and this team hasn't even begun.

Kawhi is coming like Winter. Parker is following.

Let us all hope for the best and a most successful playoff run after a dominating regular season where the team peaks at the right time.

raybies
10-19-2017, 09:16 PM
-

Saw some shades of BG. Hopefully they can continue to build off that, but the ball movement last night was a better sign than the last two years.

I really like this team. Probably the deepest team we've had in years. Not like we got an Ayers or something. Everyone in the rotation can ball and the fringe players can do things well. Even Pau has his moments, so it really isn't as bad as we make it out to be. Pop took him out at the right time though.

My biggest takeaway was the late game play of Rudy Gay. I mentioned in the GT that I wanted to see how LMA performed under pressure cause I doubted that had improved, and also mentioned the need for a closer. Thought Gay might be it and he was. Very impressive. Having another closer is huge. He made a couple big assists and baskets. If LMA can carry the bulk of the offense and someone like Rudy Gay can close, this team could be very competitive.

It wasn't a popular opinion but I said the Spurs were a top 3 team without Leonard so I'll be following that assertion as he continues to rehab. I don't see any chance of getting to the Finals with this team but for a regular season 'holding the fort' so to speak, we could be really good.

Mills/Green or Ginobili/Leonard/Gay/LMA could be really good. Pop not gonna play Murray to close. He deserved to play to close after Patty stunk it up and he made plays but oh well, we know how Pop is in that regard.

spurs10
10-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Cool:toast Weren't you in attendance tonight? Sorry I just saw this. I was indeed there and like a lot of what I saw. Getting the W was the most important thing, but I think it would be hard to have left that game without feeling optimism. Without Kawhi and against a pretty stacked team we looked pretty impressive. I especially liked the small ball with Gay at the 4 in the end. Murray played with a lot of heart and doesn't seem rattled by the lights. :toast

BillMc
10-19-2017, 11:06 PM
Sorry I just saw this. I was indeed there and like a lot of what I saw. Getting the W was the most important thing, but I think it would be hard to have left that game without feeling optimism. Without Kawhi and against a pretty stacked team we looked pretty impressive. I especially liked the small ball with Gay at the 4 in the end. Murray played with a lot of heart and doesn't seem rattled by the lights. :toast

Many thanks for the good word. :toast Always glad to hear from someone that was at the game that things looked as rosy in person as they did on TV. I am getting very excited for the season.

DMC
10-19-2017, 11:11 PM

Because he's white and has a decent outside shot ergo he's a poor man's Matt Bonner (that's pretty fucking poor, we're talking Ethiopia).

spurs10
10-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Many thanks for the good word. :toast Always glad to hear from someone that was at the game that things looked as rosy in person as they did on TV. I am getting very excited for the season. Yep! :tu

Spurtacular
10-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Davis Bertains inc

- Only played four minutes...And we thought he was gonna get more minutes

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/jbhmmm.png

Good defense (directing transition D / only one scoring play going against him (while guarding a smaller player on a switch)) spread the floor, kept a possession alive by at least rimming a 37' 3 with the shot clock expiring, came up with two loose ball rebounds, would-be assist to Green who missed the bunny.

:lmao Today's player fan.

Spurtacular
10-20-2017, 01:29 AM
Gay played like a quality role player as LMA put the Spurs on his back, tbh.

MI21
10-20-2017, 01:53 AM

Those transition 3's are great. Hitting 1 or 2 of those are the difference between Danny being a 6ppg player to a 12pph. He generally hits them at at a decent rate and with the Spurs inability to finish fast breaks at the rim, the 3 is a good look. Not to mention he is usually outnumbered when taking those so the long rebounds that come don't hurt the team as they are usually back on D already. He hasn't taken as many in recent years so I see it as nothing but a positive to see him jacking a few up. This isn't the 90's.

Spurtacular
10-20-2017, 02:29 AM
Gay played like a quality role player as LMA put the Spurs on his back, tbh.

I like Gay's potential all the same. I think he's still working his way back to form after that injury.

cd021
10-20-2017, 04:14 AM

Thought Green was really good tonight tbh. He hit 3 pull up jumpers and a layup in addition to 3 3's including 2 in the final six minutes. IICR his primary assignment was Butler who only scored 12 points on 12 attempts with no free throw attempts.

He looks more comfortable driving and not as much of a train wreck when he does, he showed that more against Houston in the final preseason game but being able to do things other than spotting up on offense is a plus.

r0drig0lac
10-20-2017, 06:03 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirollin.gif

james evans
10-21-2017, 12:20 PM
What a cancer...

did you not watch the game? they played the interview during the game. He was talking about getting the ball and touches in rhythm and just touching the ball more or some bullshit. But when Kawhi went down last season in the WCF, he got all the touches he wanted and did absolutely shit with it

tholdren
10-21-2017, 12:37 PM

But i guess it shows that 610 and one dinensional dont mean squat. I havent seen him put the ball on the floor other than limited fast break situations. The less lamarshas in the nba the better... however ppg still rules the league... sad